TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
mitchables
bonjour

mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
exactly. the animated wonder woman film is fantastic. if they could replicate that even a little bit in a live-action setting, they would have a hell of a property on their hands. but they're so caught up in making their live-action world "gritty" and "realistic" that we'd never see it. but so many of their characters are otherworldly and powered in ways that just don't fit inside a "realistic" universe. marvel, meanwhile, have themselves a norse god and just went to town with it. i know a lot of people don't really rate the thor movie, but i actually think, as far as capturing a "comic book" feel without being overly schmucky about it, they did pretty damn well. and then he fit in really well with the rest of the avengers.

aquaman, especially since the launch of the new 52, is rife with potential for a truly kick-ass movie. the flash could be amazing, getting into the speed force and the black racer and even zoom. i dunno, they just seem to be missing the point of everything that could be great about their characters.
mitchables is offline   Reply With Quote