TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2004, 05:18 AM   #1
road doggy dogg

How well do you communicate when playing online?

Yeah, when you play a game online, how well do you communicate with your allies/enemies? Are you one of those guys who is a retard and is like "omg r0x0r i just pwned ur base GG" then think you're the man? Or are you more like laid back and all that, not really talkative at all?

Me personally, if I'm playing a game with nobody I know, I'm kinda quiet, try not to piss anyone off (especially allies, since they have an annoying habit of leaving games if you yell at them). I try and be helpful. I usually use proper spelling/grammar within reason. It IS a game environment after all, so using some abbreviations and the like is necessary unless you want to die a horrible death. Like for instance in a FPS game if someone totally rapes you with a sniper rifle I'd probably type like "ns" instead of "nice shot" or whatever.

If I'm playing a game with someone I know, like Ant or RBM, I tend to just joke around and stuff. I don't really act like a dick to anyone unless they're inhumanly stupid, or are acting like idiots themselves.

Also, lately I've been playing a lot of ToB in Warcraft with RBM and a couple others... they convinced me to get this one program, Ventrilo, which is basically just a program that lets you talk to your allies and stuff. It's really really helpful. Instead of typing like, "hey red can you heal me?" to an ally, you basically just have to ask them. Of course, this only works if you're playing with friends or whatever, but it's infinitely better for teamwork reasons. It's so much easier to talk instead of type.

So anywho, how is everyone else online? If any of you are the type of people that go into games and harass people and type like retards, then proceed to get your ass kicked, I will knife you.