TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 09-26-2021, 11:59 AM   #6121
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I have a lot of great points. And what’s wrong with me not liking 99% of what they do? I can explain why 99% of it is bad. Why do I have to see things the way you do to have a discussion with you? The irony is completely lost on TPWW, lol. Yep, it’s me that won’t let people have their opinions.

And this has got nothing to do with the WWF or WCW being perfect. Neither was. But both were also able to do things that worked en masse and didn’t run away millions of viewers (until they did).

This whole “I can call them out” blanket of “I’m actually objective” is just silly too. It’s a way of trying to artificially boost a perspective by making it appear to be the balanced one, hence implying that other takes are not. It doesn’t actually rely on reason. If half the people who could allegedly call out AEW on the stupid shit they did sometimes, then we’d have a lot more of a fruitful discussion and maybe more than 1.1 million people watching.

And the ratings being trivial? That may be your take to dismiss the hoopla surrounding it, but it is definitely not the case that everyone thinks this way. It’s deadly serious to some people. Look at how personally people take it even here.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:03 PM   #6122
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
That’s a fair enough subjective view to have. Entirely your prerogative. But do you see what I mean when you’re allowed to say WWE sucks, but not liking AEW is trying to stop people from enjoying things. It’s just that one’s en vogue to shit on, the other isn’t.

My argument has always been that for the majority of wrestling fans who don’t want to engage with wrestling beyond the immediate sense of it (the “casual fan”), AEW does way too much goofy, in the weeds, deep-cut, ironic bullshit that is going to disengage that viewer, or turn off people potentially attracted to the star power they obtain when they get a CM Punk or Bryan Danielson.

The average fan doesn’t want to see something like Orange Cassidy that slaps in the face that they’re engaging with artless fiction, because they are not obsessed on a molecular level with all things pro-wrestling. Being a glutton for punishment isn’t in their DNA like it is people who can actually get through a three hour Raw.

My big gripe with AEW is that it isn’t a wrestling show. It’s a parody show aimed at the most hardcore fan of the wrestling genre. That isn’t for everyone, it isn’t tailor-made for the successes of something that is closer to what has historically worked in wrestling. This isn’t a show aimed at people who liked Raw in 1997 or 1998. It’s a show aimed at people who actively don’t like Raw now.

I couldn't care less for ratings, nor other people telling me something is "shit". Everyone has their views.

I do not equate AEW with WWE in any capacity. I see two wrestling companies who go about things very differently, and I like that. When I am watching AEW, I am not hate-watching out of spite for WWE, I just typically like what is on. Their women's division is shit, and a lot of the lower/mid-carders are super green, but the majority of what I do tune in for is very fun.

I stopped watching WWE when I was just bored and didn't give a shit about what was happening anymore. I don't watch either company because of something the other does or doesn't do.

Also, who gives a shit about what has historically worked. it's great to buck the trend and even greater when it is successful. There's more than one way to do nearly all things in life, and more power to those who make it happen.

Overall, I view it as a chance for more talent to have more opportunity, and at the end of the day, that's a net positive for the industry as a whole. I hope that AEW continues to grow. I think the industry as a whole would be better off for it.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:09 PM   #6123
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
I have a lot of great points. And what’s wrong with me not liking 99% of what they do? I can explain why 99% of it is bad. Why do I have to see things the way you do to have a discussion with you? The irony is completely lost on TPWW, lol. Yep, it’s me that won’t let people have their opinions.

And this has got nothing to do with the WWF or WCW being perfect. Neither was. But both were also able to do things that worked en masse and didn’t run away millions of viewers (until they did).

This whole “I can call them out” blanket of “I’m actually objective” is just silly too. It’s a way of trying to artificially boost a perspective by making it appear to be the balanced one, hence implying that other takes are not. It doesn’t actually rely on reason. If half the people who could allegedly call out AEW on the stupid shit they did sometimes, then we’d have a lot more of a fruitful discussion and maybe more than 1.1 million people watching.

And the ratings being trivial? That may be your take to dismiss the hoopla surrounding it, but it is definitely not the case that everyone thinks this way. It’s deadly serious to some people. Look at how personally people take it even here.

You can call them out, you can be a shithead all you like. Its things like when Smeat simply posts "news" here for everyone to look at (not just members, but guests as well) and you personally attack him for it. They aren't HIS views nor HIS opinions, he is simply posting news and rumors much like this site always has. Go shit on Fightful or Meltzer or Bixenspan.... the people ACTUALLY "reporting" this stuff.

Now, people shit on you as well, which isn't right (in some cases) either. You are a self-professed "obsessed wrestling fan" which is a level of fandom I don't think many people fathom, let alone understand. Your level of fandom goes well beyond the casual viewer, but most people don't really care for that level of whatever. When they fail to understand it, they shit on you or you shit on them unwarranted and things devolve into the same ole schtick.

I'd argue most people are like me, in that they tune in sometimes and if what is on the TV entertains them, they'll watch till the next commercial break. AEW/WWE/WCW, etc. Put any three letters you want and there is always "something else" to watch for your average viewer.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:31 PM   #6124
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Their version of The Great Khali. Tell me how this product is different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Because he’s tall and Indian, right? Yeah, you’re not a try-hard when it comes to AEW bashing at all.

God, Aussies are fucking dense!
Quote:
That’s literally what the press release says, dude. They’re making a big deal out of him being Indian. Got to love that critical reading the US school system teaches.
Quote:
They made a big deal about him being the first player from India to be drafted by an NBA team. That’s not the same as “making a big deal about him being Indian”. He’s a groundbreaking pro athlete. But you saw “tall” and “Indian” and decided to jump on another desperate “AEW bad” gripe.

Critical reading. Lol
The guy who says people fake being objective to strengthen their credibility does shit like this and then acts like he’s the victim truth-teller against a bunch of biased AEW marks.

As long as he’s unwilling or unable to see the issue here it’s just a never-ending circle. Noid desperately comes up with ridiculous things to shit on AEW about, he gets called out on it, claims bias, rinse, repeat.

Stick to actual gripes with the product. There’s plenty. Or keep coming up with stupid ones but do it with a wink and a grin.

The asinine, bullshit points mixed with “YOU ALL CAN’T HANDLE THESE TRUTH BOMBS” smugness is the problem. And even when you do actually come up with a fair gripe, that stink remains tied to you.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 01:35 PM   #6125
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
And yes, I fully expect this to end up with “No, you!” “Projecting hard!” “Lol Project much!?!”

And no, I don’t have a good answer for “Why do you even engage with Noid anymore.”

And yes, I am aware he could be trolling and I’m just “falling into the trap.”

Hope that addressed most of the posts on the upcoming page or two.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:49 PM   #6126
screech
Shelly Martinez = Ratings

screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
lol if he's trolling I'll give him credit for really sinking his teeth into the gimmick. Leaving the forum because people liked Alexa Bliss was a great touch.
screech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 02:37 PM   #6127
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This is basically everybody's take on AEW to Mr Nerfect

xrodmuc316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:14 PM   #6128
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
Noid is just misunderstood. He means well.
No he’s not and no he doesn’t.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:15 PM   #6129
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
I couldn't care less for ratings, nor other people telling me something is "shit". Everyone has their views.

I do not equate AEW with WWE in any capacity. I see two wrestling companies who go about things very differently, and I like that. When I am watching AEW, I am not hate-watching out of spite for WWE, I just typically like what is on. Their women's division is shit, and a lot of the lower/mid-carders are super green, but the majority of what I do tune in for is very fun.

I stopped watching WWE when I was just bored and didn't give a shit about what was happening anymore. I don't watch either company because of something the other does or doesn't do.

Also, who gives a shit about what has historically worked. it's great to buck the trend and even greater when it is successful. There's more than one way to do nearly all things in life, and more power to those who make it happen.

Overall, I view it as a chance for more talent to have more opportunity, and at the end of the day, that's a net positive for the industry as a whole. I hope that AEW continues to grow. I think the industry as a whole would be better off for it.
If everyone has their views, why can’t I have mine? Why are they immediately intrusive and threatening to other people’s? You say you don’t care about the ratings, which may or may not be true, but you KNOW that isn’t the case in general. Stop with that.

They don’t go about things very differently though. You are allowed to have an “opinion” about that, but when people point out how they do things exactly the same, those people get shit on. And it’s not just me.

You can profess that you don’t give a shit about WWE or whatever. Again, you KNOW that isn’t the general attitude the hardcore fan has about AEW and the WWE. To tie it into ratings, that’s why you have forced news stories about AEW beating WWE in men 18-34 in cities beginning with “B” if you take the rating against the football against the one from three weeks later when everything else had a test pattern.

And to whoever said it about Smeat: I don’t jump on him for dropping news. Wtf? I used to defend Smeat, but my issue with him now is that he takes “news” that can clearly be dismantled in a heart-beat, and regurgitates them as true, throwing his hands up with no ownership over it. THAT’S my issue with him and he knows it.

God help you if you come to TPWW for the news, lol.

Quote:
The guy who says people fake being objective to strengthen their credibility does shit like this and then acts like he’s the victim truth-teller against a bunch of biased AEW marks.

As long as he’s unwilling or unable to see the issue here it’s just a never-ending circle. Noid desperately comes up with ridiculous things to shit on AEW about, he gets called out on it, claims bias, rinse, repeat.

Stick to actual gripes with the product. There’s plenty. Or keep coming up with stupid ones but do it with a wink and a grin.

The asinine, bullshit points mixed with “YOU ALL CAN’T HANDLE THESE TRUTH BOMBS” smugness is the problem. And even when you do actually come up with a fair gripe, that stink remains tied to you.
You cannot see how AEW signing a big, tall Indian athlete to gain attention and traction in India is in any way like the WWE signing a big, tall dude to gain traction in the same market? This is really the “ridiculous” thing you’re going to cling to? Odd hill to die on.

See, I like discussing things re: wrestling. But you love to argue for the sake of it, to the point that you actually lose any firm position and often argue based on semantics or a projected interpretation of what you want to respond to. You’re not a dummy like so many people, but you’re a giant sea-lion just waiting to say “Well, actually” to people, regardless of whether or not you authentically believe what you’re saying, or that even they said what you’re saying.

Yes, AEW signing a green giant from India is very similar to the same business decision the WWE made to bring in Dalip Singh. That is not a ridiculous claim to make, lol.

Also like how it basically turns into “You’re right, but because people don’t like you, they won’t admit it,” which is basically what I’ve been saying all alone. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:22 PM   #6130
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Fan once again exposing the truth
Old 09-26-2021, 04:26 PM   #6131
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
They made a big deal about him being the first player from India to be drafted by an NBA team. That’s not the same as “making a big deal about him being Indian”. He’s a groundbreaking pro athlete. But you saw “tall” and “Indian” and decided to jump on another desperate “AEW bad” gripe.

Critical reading. Lol
Going back to read stuff I didn't read because I don't care to read arguments.... but.....

I'll give you this point. It isn't the same as "making a big deal about him being Indian". It is making a big deal about someone else making a big deal about him being Indian. I guess it removes the process a little bit.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:31 PM   #6132
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Quote:
That’s literally what the press release says, dude. They’re making a big deal out of him being Indian. Got to love that critical reading the US school system teaches.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Also like how it basically turns into “You’re right, but because people don’t like you, they won’t admit it,” which is basically what I’ve been saying all alone. Thanks.
“Mr. Nerfect: King of Critical Reading”.

Maybe I’ll combine all these posts into a book or something for you to read next time you take a break from wrestling and the words being said to you will finally register.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:56 PM   #6133
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
And to whoever said it about Smeat: I don’t jump on him for dropping news. Wtf? I used to defend Smeat, but my issue with him now is that he takes “news” that can clearly be dismantled in a heart-beat, and regurgitates them as true, throwing his hands up with no ownership over it. THAT’S my issue with him and he knows it.
I've literally been posting the same way for news for years.

Your the one who suddenly decided over the past two years to go on this big ranting anti-IWC/dirtsheets crusade as if your the one who suddenly knows about everything in wrestling and everyone else, including actual experts who know way more than your dumbass does, is immediately wrong if they have different views or goes against your confirmation bias towards AEW and wrestling you don't like.

You've also been very cherry picking news or points to use in your arguments as well which is the very same thing you've been accusing others of doing these past couple years so don't come at me about me just "regurgitating" news or being a Meltzer/dirtsheets sheep you fucking dipshit.

Go back to fucking reading a book or two since that big rant you did before about taking a huge break and hating TPWW and wrestling obviously didn't fool anyone since your annoying ass came right back here.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:13 PM   #6134
drave
In His hands...

Quote:
If everyone has their views, why can’t I have mine? Why are they immediately intrusive and threatening to other people’s? You say you don’t care about the ratings, which may or may not be true, but you KNOW that isn’t the case in general. Stop with that.

You can have yours. I didn't tell you that you couldn't, nor did anyone else to my knowledge? It seems the issue is that not many share your view, and you see that as people telling you "you can't". Or just post whoever told you that you can't?

"In general" would definitely refer to the "casual" viewer - who I can guarantee you doesn't even know what a "good" rating would be. I don't read into ratings, it doesn't move any needle any direction.

Quote:
They don’t go about things very differently though. You are allowed to have an “opinion” about that, but when people point out how they do things exactly the same, those people get shit on. And it’s not just me.

Okay. You stated they did stuff outside "traditional" means, not me. I just watch whatever is on and decide if I like it *shrug*. I change it if I don't.

Quote:
You can profess that you don’t give a shit about WWE or whatever. Again, you KNOW that isn’t the general attitude the hardcore fan has about AEW and the WWE. To tie it into ratings, that’s why you have forced news stories about AEW beating WWE in men 18-34 in cities beginning with “B” if you take the rating against the football against the one from three weeks later when everything else had a test pattern.

I really don't though. There is a PPV tonight that a family member will come over to watch and I don't know a single match that's on the card. Whatever forced news stories that involve A beating B in Demo C is not important to me. I am a damn filthy casual (barely) fan.

God help you if you come to TPWW for the news, lol. [/QUOTE]

He doesn't own the news he posts though, see? So go take up your issue with the actual owner of the "news" perhaps? Smeat has done the same style of post since the beginning, and it's easily verifiable.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:14 PM   #6135
drave
In His hands...

Quote:

You can have yours. I didn't tell you that you couldn't, nor did anyone else to my knowledge? It seems the issue is that not many share your view, and you see that as people telling you "you can't". Or just post whoever told you that you can't?

"In general" would definitely refer to the "casual" viewer - who I can guarantee you doesn't even know what a "good" rating would be. I don't read into ratings, it doesn't move any needle any direction.

Quote:

Okay. You stated they did stuff outside "traditional" means, not me. I just watch whatever is on and decide if I like it *shrug*. I change it if I don't.

Quote:

I really don't though. There is a PPV tonight that a family member will come over to watch and I don't know a single match that's on the card. Whatever forced news stories that involve A beating B in Demo C is not important to me. I am a damn filthy casual (barely) fan.

Quote:

He doesn't own the news he posts though, see? So go take up your issue with the actual owner of the "news" perhaps? Smeat has done the same style of post since the beginning, and it's easily verifiable. You rail hard on him as if he is the one coming up with the news and rumors himself.

Old 09-26-2021, 05:26 PM   #6136
Damian Rey 2.0

Noid asking why can’t he have his views when we’re allowed to, even though he attacks everyone’s views as wrong because they don’t align with whatever he thinks wrestling should be.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:24 PM   #6137
screech
Shelly Martinez = Ratings

screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
^ that's been his entire personally for like four years
screech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:00 PM   #6138
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Gotta say, I agree with Mr. Nerfect.
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:54 PM   #6139
weather vane
quesque fuck?

weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)weather vane makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Haha Gertner is the best. Biggest pot stirrer in the league.
weather vane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:34 PM   #6140
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Old 09-26-2021, 09:37 PM   #6141
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

What’s a tro- ... pot stirrer?
Old 09-26-2021, 11:17 PM   #6142
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Wow, everyone gaining up on me for expressing my opinion. I know how Mr. Nerfect feels.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:29 PM   #6143
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
So many people here who post the same essentially BS are more or less trolls. It's not that big of deal. Still don't know how the folks in charge don't ban them, but whatever. There are still just enough great posters here regardless. I just try my best to avoid responding to the trolls, especially unnecessarily.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:34 PM   #6144
GD

GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Noid just wants y'all to accept his logical takes and acknowledge his brilliance.
GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:40 AM   #6145
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I agree to this stipulation
STD in the mud!

slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:04 AM   #6146
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:13 AM   #6147
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The "neck" aspect of that match. I've never experience the story of a wrestling match affect the crowd so intensely. Kenny kept upping the stakes as the match went on with moves he'd do to Danielson's head/neck and the crowd was just along for the ride, so much so that I felt like I was back in the 80's watching a big MSG show and the crowd would just be following along with the guys in the ring perfectly. Feeling the blows to the crowd favorite.

That's what it was like. There were spots where it felt like together we all knew that Danielson shouldn't kick out, but he would. It wasn't long to realize they were gonna go Broadway but it didn't matter because Danielson kept kicking out of all Kenny's brutal offense.

It was such a cool match to experience.

Darby/Sting vs FTW was just like that but the tag version, where some classic tag tropes that are super affective when done well had the crowd just eating out of the palm of their hands. Sting must have felt like a f'n Icon by the reception he got and how everyone popped for all his offense. Such a cool match and event. Partially because this giant 20k audience is for the most part at certain times completely unified about something. It could be Jericho's song or Jungle Boy's or CM Punk. Adam Cole's gimmick which is crazy over or maybe it's just awesome pro wrestling and everyone in the audience is cheering for the good guy and the bad guy keeps getting one over on him until your guy gets his chance for some heat and you and the rest of the crowd just pop like 10 years old's watching Stone Cold and The Rock or Hulk Hogan and Sting.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:50 AM   #6148
erickman
king of sucks

erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
cornett liked the show better then you did trip a
erickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:59 AM   #6149
drave
In His hands...

Quote:
“Best match (Omega) has had in his life. Danielson was great and Omega hung in there with him. Best 30 minutes of Dynamite ever. Dynamite Grand Slam was fantastic top to bottom. AEW’s best show, and better than any WWE show I can remember in years”

Jim Cornette pic.twitter.com/DyjFJnmdVF
— The Macho Beard (@Machobeard4life) September 27, 2021

Clearly he's being paid by AEW now, right?
Old 09-27-2021, 09:20 AM   #6150
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think the pandemic rut of AEW really did a toll on Cornette. Seeing his reviews over the summer for AEW its obvious that he's not a troll but just giving his true opinions. If he likes it he tell you, if he doesn't he tell you. He'd have been marking out like everyone else there live if he had been there. Although I know he hates coming to NYC and probably never will again, it was truly a wrestling time travel machine to be at that show and watch that match.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #6151
drave
In His hands...

LIAR!!!! HE CANNOT POSSIBLY LIKE IT FOR REALLY REAL!
Old 09-27-2021, 01:47 PM   #6152
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickman View Post
cornett liked the show better then you did trip a
*than
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:15 PM   #6153
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Pot Stirring is bullshit. You Stir what is in the pot, not the pot itself.

Discuss
Old 09-27-2021, 02:58 PM   #6154
drave
In His hands...

Does it matter who threw the stuff in the pot, or do we just yell at anyone?
Old 09-27-2021, 03:54 PM   #6155
Damian Rey 2.0

Full Gear announced for the target center. They’re gonna pack in another 20k for that show. Maybe more.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:56 PM   #6156
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Noid reacts to Cornette’s AEW praise
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:27 PM   #6157
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Going back to read stuff I didn't read because I don't care to read arguments.... but.....

I'll give you this point. It isn't the same as "making a big deal about him being Indian". It is making a big deal about someone else making a big deal about him being Indian. I guess it removes the process a little bit.
AEW is the one making the statement, so I don’t think it even removes that. He’s tall and Indian. That is why he has been signed. I don’t know why #1-wwf-fan is so uncomfortable about admitting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
I've literally been posting the same way for news for years.

Your the one who suddenly decided over the past two years to go on this big ranting anti-IWC/dirtsheets crusade as if your the one who suddenly knows about everything in wrestling and everyone else, including actual experts who know way more than your dumbass does, is immediately wrong if they have different views or goes against your confirmation bias towards AEW and wrestling you don't like.

You've also been very cherry picking news or points to use in your arguments as well which is the very same thing you've been accusing others of doing these past couple years so don't come at me about me just "regurgitating" news or being a Meltzer/dirtsheets sheep you fucking dipshit.

Go back to fucking reading a book or two since that big rant you did before about taking a huge break and hating TPWW and wrestling obviously didn't fool anyone since your annoying ass came right back here.
I’ve literally been responding to bullshit the same way for years. Isn’t it funny that context changes things? In my case, it’s because AEW is a precious bub that must be protected. In your case, it’s easy to think through the “news” you post. Which in many cases, no — doesn’t come from “experts,” haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post

He doesn't own the news he posts though, see? So go take up your issue with the actual owner of the "news" perhaps? Smeat has done the same style of post since the beginning, and it's easily verifiable.[/QUOTE]

I can’t make sense of most of this, but people actually get upset because my opinion challenges theirs. You are a bunch of low-effort things saying things like “Noid won’t let anyone have fun.” That is what that is. Don’t lie and say it doesn’t happen, haha.

By the way: This doesn’t bother. People also like to spin it into me crying about being a victim. It’s just super-fucking telling about what the “IWC” is like. I used to hate that term, because people generally think so differently, but it is like this hive-mind. Even people you’d think would be more critical of being fed a load of shit go out of their way to try and curb criticism of this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post
So many people here who post the same essentially BS are more or less trolls. It's not that big of deal. Still don't know how the folks in charge don't ban them, but whatever. There are still just enough great posters here regardless. I just try my best to avoid responding to the trolls, especially unnecessarily.
Lol, look who is calling for censorship. BCZ was all on my dick when I pointed out how bad WWE was (back when I was ruining fun that way — now it’s okay). But when I pointed out that there was rhyme and reason behind why NXT wouldn’t go in guns blazing against AEW from the start, he called me a cocksucker and started a hate campaign against me that he is now pretending to be above.

Even others on here have identified this guy as an “AEW fanboy” to the point of losing all reason. Shut the fuck up, BigCrippyZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
I think the pandemic rut of AEW really did a toll on Cornette. Seeing his reviews over the summer for AEW its obvious that he's not a troll but just giving his true opinions. If he likes it he tell you, if he doesn't he tell you. He'd have been marking out like everyone else there live if he had been there. Although I know he hates coming to NYC and probably never will again, it was truly a wrestling time travel machine to be at that show and watch that match.
Of course their his real views. Cornette has always given his real opinion on things. It just unsettles people that he sees through AEW’s horse shit and holds it up against logic. “Hiss, Cornette bad.”

Really telling that people are making a big deal out of Cornette praising something he thought was good, as opposed to making the fuss about AEW actually doing something that Cornette thought was good. There’s way more difference between that any AEW signing 7-foot-something guys from India being radically different to the WWE signing 7-foot-something guys from India.

That quote sounds isolated and removed from all other context though, lol. Would he have liked it more than WALTER and Draganov? Got no idea, but it sounds like cherry-picked praise. I’ll listen to his podcast later though.

I’m still not going to watch the match. I just can’t bring myself to care. AEW has done their absolute best to run me off. Cornette has the burden of this kinda being his job. I don’t have to watch everything. So I’m not. A step in the right direction? Dunno. But this isn’t exactly a shocking turn of events, given Danielson was there. I just can’t bring *myself* to care.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:27 PM   #6158
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Vito View Post
That’s more TPWW reacting to Noid making a valid point about AEW.
Old 09-27-2021, 06:14 PM   #6159
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
I can’t make sense of most of this, but people actually get upset because my opinion challenges theirs. You are a bunch of low-effort things saying things like “Noid won’t let anyone have fun.” That is what that is. Don’t lie and say it doesn’t happen, haha.

By the way: This doesn’t bother. People also like to spin it into me crying about being a victim. It’s just super-fucking telling about what the “IWC” is like. I used to hate that term, because people generally think so differently, but it is like this hive-mind. Even people you’d think would be more critical of being fed a load of shit go out of their way to try and curb criticism of this thing.

Lol, look who is calling for censorship. BCZ was all on my dick when I pointed out how bad WWE was (back when I was ruining fun that way — now it’s okay). But when I pointed out that there was rhyme and reason behind why NXT wouldn’t go in guns blazing against AEW from the start, he called me a cocksucker and started a hate campaign against me that he is now pretending to be above.

Even others on here have identified this guy as an “AEW fanboy” to the point of losing all reason. Shut the fuck up, BigCrippyZ.

Nah, I'm good, thanks.

Yeah, it's a real shocker that I would have no problem with you or anyone else being censored or excluded by a private person or entity from using their property or platform to express a viewpoint they disagree with.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:36 PM   #6160
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Vito View Post