PDA

View Full Version : Little things you'd change in WWE

BollywoodSingh
04-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Ring logos...like on Monday Night Raw, the centre of the ring should have a big Raw logo, like how WCW used to do. It looks so much cooler this way.

House show promos. I don't personally care about this but it might help business. You know those local commercials promoting WWE house shows? Why did they stop having wrestlers cut promos about the upcoming matches on those house shows? They stopped doing that about 10 years ago for some reason.

More tournaments.

Do they still use tag ropes? If not, then bring it back. I know they brought them back maybe like 7-8 years ago but not sure if they're still there.

More managers for guys that aren't great on the mic. Arn Anderson should be someone's manager for sure.

Heel Jerry Lawler.

Sign some Japanese female wrestlers.

Get rid of the WWE spinner belt. It looks terrible. Titles should never be customized in my opinion. I think it devalues the title. Imagine the Stanley Cup being customized for the Pittsburgh Penguins. The same title should be held by each winner. There is something cool about John Cena holding the same exact belt as Bret Hart once did. Bring back the eagle belt.

DLVH84
04-10-2010, 01:23 AM
First things first, get rid of the fucking spinner belt (I hated that design since day one).

Fire the women who don't know how to wrestle, unless they're going to be managers or valets.

Develop a talent exchange with promotions all around the world (NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Zero1, AAA, CMLL, Stampede, etc.) to develop the ultimate international flavor and competition.

Get rid of the whole PG bullshit.

Focus less on entertainment, and focus more on wrestling: the way it should be.

Jeritron
04-10-2010, 01:32 AM
I think they should make moves that result in them making less money too

Rammsteinmad
04-10-2010, 10:42 AM
The most obvious one for me is to cut all this PG13 crap. Stopping matches due to bleeding? After some of the total bloodbaths WWE has had over the years, this is bullshit!

ace3025
04-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Legit heels!! Im tired of seeing a bunch of faces run around the ring and not have anyone thats worth anything to put them against. How can you develop future faces when Sheamus and Randy orton is who they have to outsmart

Also Ive noticed that Pro-wrestling (WWE and TNA alike) dont put enough emphasis on PPV. It used to be that when a feud started they were talk trash to each other and then their show down at the PPV was the end all be able.....now they throw a match or two on the night before.

Indifferent Clox
04-10-2010, 10:55 AM
"I'll be much happier when he's dead"

Kane Knight
04-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Dropping the PG13 crap is not a small thing. Though on that note, I'd keep it. It's the writers that have to go. Find some people who can make it fun.

More to the topic:

Heel commentary in general. I miss having someone to utterly hate for supporting the bad guys. I like the idea of three man teams, because you can have a face/heel dynamic and still have someone who's more a sportscaster.

Gerard
04-10-2010, 12:14 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/otlwme.jpg

:rofl:

Schlomey
04-10-2010, 12:44 PM
1. It is TV-PG...Not PG-13. The only time this bothers me is when the action is stopped due to minor cuts and what not when a wrestler is accidentally opened up the hard way. The fact remains that without the use of blood as a gimmick (much like TNA has been doing), it forces the wrestlers to wrestle better. Basically I feel it makes the wrestlers try harder to put on memorable matches without being able to just bloody themselves. Hard way & blood is kinda cheap when you think about it. It's kind of a cop out. A bloody match people will be all like - That match was SICK and obviously fought very hard because there was tons of blood. Well now, the workers have to increase their skill level to reach that level of "SICK' by not relying on blood...Just talent and good in-ring storytelling.

Schlomey
04-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Do you honestly think Taker vs HBK would have been better if they were laying in pools of blood? Nah not really. Those 2 matches are already known as 2 of the best wrestling matches of all time by many.

GD
04-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I love these newbies that pop out of nowhere everyday. They feel so accomplished when they think that they have sorted out the greatest flaws in pro wrestling :love:

BillyBonez
04-10-2010, 01:26 PM
UNPREDICTABILITY.

It is badly needed.

WWE has showed some of it recently like when Shameus won the world title or when Swagger cashed it in, but even there, you knew Swagger was gonna win when he came out with the case.

What WWE needs is to surprise us once in a while in a big way. For example, have Swagger run out to cash it in but LOSE for example by having somebody interfere and beat Swagger up as he is cashing in.

And there definetely need to be more controversy, I know PG rating is still, but you can still make some controversy even in PG.

Schlomey
04-10-2010, 02:51 PM
spoilers & news sites, in my humble opinion, play a minor role in killing the unpredictability in wrestling.

Remember the Attitude Era? You would have RAW guys disappear and then show up in WCW that very night. While internet was available back then it was nowhere near as widely used. One of the reasons the Attitude Era was so wonderful was because you never knew what was going to happen on any given show!

Now we have spoilers and news sites giving away details that were not available back then to the mass general consensus.

Case and point: Rabid internet fanboys posted weeks in advance that Undertaker was going to win against HBK at Wrestlemania 26. They sited that Shawn was telling friends he planned on retiring. While it did not affect my viewing of the match, that certain level of unpredicability was lost even before the bell rung.

Maybe I'm just old school. But yeah, I try not to read the spoilers and dirt sheets much as it does help kill the vibe.

Maybe you should try that before blaming WWE for being predictable.

EDIT: WWE did a wonderful job at Royal Rumble when John Cena returned to win the thing. Also, there was no hard proof (that I'm aware of) that Edge was backstage and was set to win the event. While I know that one was heavily speculated these are just 2 of many unpredictable things WWE has done recently....

Also, did you expect Vince's limo to explode? I sure didn't.

Xero
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Do you honestly think Taker vs HBK would have been better if they were laying in pools of blood? Nah not really. Those 2 matches are already known as 2 of the best wrestling matches of all time by many.

I always say that blood is not necessary, but it CAN add to a moment.

They didn't need it, but imagine if Shawn was wearing the crimson mask when he was crawling up Taker for the slap, his blood smearing all over Taker's chest.

It would have added drama to the moment, for sure.

Schlomey
04-10-2010, 02:55 PM
I agree to an extent Xero......It does add a little extra. But the thing is, that moment was so intense they pulled off spectacular without going bloody...and for that they deserve the hype that the match gets.

They got that SICK match without the blood...Which was the point of my rant :-P

Xero
04-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I agree.

Schlomey
04-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm glad you concur. Because I know I am correct :-P

kareru
04-10-2010, 03:00 PM
I always say that blood is not necessary, but it CAN add to a moment.

They didn't need it, but imagine if Shawn was wearing the crimson mask when he was crawling up Taker for the slap, his blood smearing all over Taker's chest.

It would have added drama to the moment, for sure.

i think if they bet busted up the 'hardway' and its not too serious they should just leave it, like swagger on smackdown, there was hardly any blood there i mean i bleed more when i pick a scab it was totally unnecessary.

and sometimes it doesn't even make sense, remember elimination chamber

hhh gets an awesome ddt from randy orton onto the mesh of the elimination chamber, no blood

the miz botches a headbutt, blood everywhere

Xero
04-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I agree that they're going too far to keep bleeding out of it, especially with hard way, which should be unaffected.

But I also feel it's been overused over the past 15 years and it's become too common place, to the point that fans are basically numb to what a crimson mask, for example, should bring about in terms of what it means to a match or moment. It's also become a crutch in this time to add to or even make a match or moment.

I think, in the long run, the way they're handling it will work out. If WWE goes 2 years, say, without blood and then does an angle with a blade job, it'll mean a lot. Blood should be used on special occasions ONLY, when it'll add to the moment, not just because "there should be blood because it's xyz match". It should be "there should be blood because xyz happened and it'll lead to abc".

Of course, this brings about the fact that, for example, the Cell now goes at least three times a year on one show. Without going into the fact that it's overkill for the gimmick itself, you can't blade in all the matches, it'd be overkill. ONE match should have blood. Hell, I'll take that a step further and say there should be no more than one blade job a month, and that's still a bit much in my opinion.

As for TNA, they do it way too much and it's become meaningless on their show already. Something like this shouldn't be meaningless.

In the end, WWE is going about this all wrong but it should even out with time.

kareru
04-10-2010, 03:14 PM
i do agree.
like this last year at HITC

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/katanimation/blade.jpg

BollywoodSingh
04-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I love these newbies that pop out of nowhere everyday. They feel so accomplished when they think that they have sorted out the greatest flaws in pro wrestling :love:

Are you referring to me?

thedamndest
04-10-2010, 05:10 PM
If you don't know if they use tag ropes or not how can it even be on your list?

BollywoodSingh
04-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Because if they don't use them, then it would be cool if they did. I haven't noticed them in a while. Remember, this thread is mostly about little things we would change that might not be a big deal, would just be nice.

dronepool
04-10-2010, 05:44 PM
The most obvious one for me is to cut all this PG13 crap. Stopping matches due to bleeding? After some of the total bloodbaths WWE has had over the years, this is bullshit!

I have to agree with this. Not allowing blood is one thing... but stopping a match due to accidental blood? They should use that to play off the angle and sell the feud better.

Maybe they should get a shoulder massage after getting body slammed as well.

:-\

thedamndest
04-10-2010, 05:48 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B5rkrUjN2U0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B5rkrUjN2U0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

They use the tag rope. I hope the WWE has just become a little nicer for you.

BollywoodSingh
04-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Nice, thanks.

Dorkchop
04-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Ring logos...like on Monday Night Raw, the centre of the ring should have a big Raw logo, like how WCW used to do. It looks so much cooler this way.

I read a Lance Storm Q & A where he said the big logo in the centre of the ring caused him and other guys to slip. I think he also said he had a big say in actually getting it removed. So if you really miss it, email him and tell himt o go back in time and suck it up.

I think it would look way too busy especially considering WWE's new HD set. There's a lot more detail on the stage and banners than there used to be.

Kane Knight
04-10-2010, 11:01 PM
EDIT: WWE did a wonderful job at Royal Rumble when John Cena returned to win the thing. Also, there was no hard proof (that I'm aware of) that Edge was backstage and was set to win the event. While I know that one was heavily speculated these are just 2 of many unpredictable things WWE has done recently....

So wait...It's the news sites' fault wrestling isn't unpredictable, but WWE does unpredictable stuff.

DAMN iNATOR
04-10-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd personally like to see both shows (RAW and SD!) not try to go for shock value (when they do, that is) too hard, and that way, with some of the unnecessary over-the-top stuff that goes on now, the genuinely shocking things that happen will actually feel like epic "HOLY SHIT!" moments, imho.

One example is the episode of SD! in which Brock Lesnar and Big Show squared off in the main event. Nobody knew (aside maybe from reading spoilers, granted...) that going into the event that night, they would see Lesnar superplex Show off the top rope and implode the ring, because it was so seemingly out of nowhere.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8g_fBfsEIo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8g_fBfsEIo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Used a clip that was pretty much the whole match purely to illustrate how the fans that night may have been expecting an at least somewhat decent match, but instead got a huge shocking moment that many will never forget - I know I sure as hell won't!

Volare
04-10-2010, 11:58 PM
I remember my friends giving me shit the night that episode was on, about how wrestling was fake, then bam the ring imploded and they marked like a bunch of kids.

Kane Knight
04-11-2010, 12:38 AM
I remember my friends giving me shit the night that episode was on, about how wrestling was fake, then bam the ring imploded and they marked like a bunch of kids.

And it was obviously fake. It was still awesome and a nice " holy shit" moment.

Shock moments done right can be awesome.

Also, predictability is not inherently bad. Did any smark go into Mania thinking Michaels would end Taker's Streak? That match was one of the most memorable wrestling moments in recent history. We knew how it was going to go for the most part, and honestly, it was awesome.

I seriously wonder how many casuals thought Michaels was going to break the streak, too. I mean, it's the Undertaker, who's still one of the most mainstream wrestlers.

This was a pitch-perfect deal. Trying to swerve fans often leads to fan disappointment. Wrestling is on par with sitcoms in terms of formulaic approach. That's not bad. And sometimes, it needs to be turned on its ear. But shock needs to be used sparingly, and there are better ways to develop a compelling show.

Better, not necessarily easier. Building up characters people care about is something WWE and TNA both seem short on. Entertaining angles can't be completely replaced by new match ideas or bigger spots.

Th3R0CKSays
04-11-2010, 12:40 AM
I would turn John Cena heel now, and get rid of the PG-13 crap for RAW.

XIII
04-11-2010, 03:40 PM
def. change the spinner belt bring back the o.g. hogan era belt

Kane Knight
04-11-2010, 04:01 PM
I'd bring back the Cruiserweight title, to give the smaller guys something else to strive for. I'd try and make sure there was some overlap, rather than it being the pinnacle of smaller wrestlers, but there are some guys who should just never be near the heavyweight title but still deserve some level of prestige.

ImpactPlayer365
04-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I know someone already corrected this....but WWE is Tv-PG...not PG-13

tjmidnight420
04-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Big Show was booked like such a monster in that match...

NoRoolz
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
No more spinner belt. Only thing I like about it is it's made me like the world heavyweight title so much more.

Kane Knight
04-11-2010, 10:21 PM

Important distinction.

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2010, 06:53 AM
I would change a few of the title belts in the WWE to improve their design. Also, as weird as this seems, I would buy John Cena wrestling attire. Proper wrestling attire. I'd also fire Jerry Lawler as commentator, or at least make him a heel. I do agree that a face/heel/neutral commentary team could work splendidly. Todd Grisham, Matt Striker & Josh Mathews come to mind as a team that could fill that role.

kareru
04-12-2010, 06:57 AM

http://www.splattertribe.tv/jamiepg13wcw2000.jpg

EdgeHeadSince08
04-15-2010, 11:34 PM
one thing: WWF ATTITUDE ERA!!!!
and fire cena..
and bring the WWF ATTITUDE ERA Championships

XL
02-14-2011, 05:08 PM
And by "realism" you mean to say "blood", right?

Razzamajazz
02-14-2011, 06:00 PM
the whole concept of a "finishing move" irks me.

DLVH84
02-14-2011, 07:18 PM
I'd say, cut down the PPVs to 4...Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series...5, if you bring back King Of The Ring.

In between the pay-per-views, put in a Saturday Night's Main Event to build up the core matches for the upcoming pay-per-views.

seapig4
02-14-2011, 07:35 PM
No more spinner belt. Only thing I like about it is it's made me like the world heavyweight title so much more.

This

Disco Apocalypse
02-16-2011, 04:17 AM
http://www.fondos-iphone.es/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Rey_Mysterio.jpg

Once Del Rio is over, I'd get rid of this little thing...

Plus, I like wrestler's entrances in all their glory. I don't like the belt animation spinning around and doing shit when someone is making their entrance, it distracts from the spectacle for me. If the belt is on the line, the champ is going to show it off a bit anyway.

Also if there could be less commentating during wrestler's entrances that would be nice... but I can understand it's needed sometimes to get viewers interested in a match without any prior build up.

Mr. C
09-06-2011, 09:55 PM
1. Bring back the Cruiserweight title. Someone like Sin Cara could make it meaningful again.

2. Bring the number of Pay-Per-Views down to 7: Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, Capital Carnage, Money In The Bank, SummerSlam, Vengeance, and Survivor Series.

3. Get rid of Michael Cole from commentary and have him manage Mason Ryan.

4. Keep the brands separate.

5. Raising the rating from PG to TV-14 wouldn’t be too bad. Not saying I want the raunchiest of the raunchy, but I want a splash of realism.

St. Jimmy
09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
1. Merge the brands and fire anyone who doesn't have legitimate Potential.
2. Change the design of the WWE Championship.
3. Drop the Gimmick PPV's besides MITB and rebrand them with good names.
4. Move SmackDown live to Tuesdays.
5. Unify the WWE/WHC Titles.
6. Merge the US/IC Title (keeping the IC Title)
7. Showcase the FCW Champion defending his title on RAW once a month.

Shisen Kopf
09-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Bring back the In Yo House ppvs or at least have a PPV called "you mad bro?". Bring back the euro belt. Get rid of brand extension and two world champs cuz that's just dumb. Make Jerry Lawler rassle and lose a loser leaves town match.

Shisen Kopf
09-07-2011, 12:02 AM
one thing: WWF ATTITUDE ERA!!!!
and fire cena..
and bring the WWF ATTITUDE ERA Championships

Even betta....bring back Rock and Wrestling, I mean rasslin. Fire Cena cuz he is like totally suck. Fire now!! Attitude Era was teh shit. WWF needs to party like it be 1999.

addy2hotty
09-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I'd make the belts seem like something other than a prop. Del Rio touched on it when he got Ricardo to carry it around. Made it seem important. They should be viewed like the Crown Jewels, not just as something hanging up that they just about remember to bring with them.

Fox
09-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Most of the things posted in this thread are not "little things." "Fire Cena" for example, would not be considered a "little thing".

On that note, I'd like to see the piledriver return. Only let guys use it who are veterans, like Triple H, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Christian, etc... definitely don't let meat heads like Sheamus, Mark Henry or Ezekiel Jackson attempt a piledriver, because that is a surefire plan for problems.