PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart at Raw?

spd10000
04-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Thanks to Steven T for sending in the following: (wrestlingdotcom.com)

I just got back from WWE’s RAW in Calgary a few minutes ago! The event was excellent with several great matches and also new tag-team champions!

I am not sure if you guys have heard this yet or not, but as I was leaving RAW I saw a black Toyota Land Cruiser pulling out of the arena. The license plate on the back said “HITMAN”.

This makes me think that Bret Hart was really backstage at RAW and is working with WWE once again. I followed the Toyota for quite some time, until it turned off onto a back road that I hardly ever travel. I am almost certain (since I have lived in Calgary for ten years now) that whoever was in the vehicle was trying to not be seen. The windows were tinted completely black and the road it went down hardly ever gets any traffic.

Anyways this was a great event and I really hope Hart really plans on working with WWE, as I would enjoy his return!

Evolution
04-20-2004, 12:04 PM
That might explain why the crowd was chanting "We want Bret". Like when they thought Austin was still backstage despite everyone saying he had walked out.

Rock Bottom
04-20-2004, 12:58 PM
That was my car.

Sephiroth
04-20-2004, 01:01 PM
I thought your car said " Scream, if you like to be butt****ed" :D

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 01:15 PM
OH LOOK! RUMOUR MONGERING!

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-20-2004, 01:24 PM
How could he be trying to hide who he is if his license plate says "hitman".
Even though I mark out at the idea of this being true, I doubt it.

Xero
04-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Tazz once said on Confidential (Or in SmackDown! Mag, not sure) that his licence plate # is "Off the Hook" or somthing or other... He didnt give a state, though... Meh... :o

Anyway, Id believe that Bret WAS there, but it was prolly a die hard Bret fan...

Rob
04-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Bret Hart doesn't drive a Toyota.

If you think someone with the license plate "HITMAN" means Bret Hart is back working for the McMahon's then you are absolutely freaking stupid.

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Bret Hart doesn't drive a Toyota.

If you think someone with the license plate "HITMAN" means Bret Hart is back working for the McMahon's then you are absolutely freaking stupid.
:lol:

It's funny because it's true.

Also, is it possible that the chants were spurred on by mention of STU HART and THE DUNGEON?

Or am I applying too much common sense here?

Sephiroth
04-20-2004, 02:26 PM

Also, is it possible that the chants were spurred on by mention of STU HART and THE DUNGEON?

Your making to much common sense :yes:

Rob
04-20-2004, 02:29 PM

Tell you what KK, go away from your PC for 20 minutes and try and shove your head up your own arse. This is the way you'll make any sense in this thread. It's hard as hell though. I've been trying it for ages.

Sephiroth
04-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Tell you what KK, go away from your PC for 20 minutes and try and shove your head up your own arse. This is the way you'll make any sense in this thread. It's hard as hell though. I've been trying it for ages.

:love:

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 02:49 PM
*Beats head repeatedly with a lead pipe*

OH MY GAWD! HITMAN IS BACK! FOX NEWS RULES! THE WORLD IS FLAT!

Sephiroth
04-20-2004, 02:51 PM
*Beats head repeatedly with a lead pipe*

OH MY GAWD! HITMAN IS BACK! FOX NEWS RULES! THE WORLD IS FLAT!

Shaggy
04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Well no matter if its true or false I think most of the fans would agree it would be kick ass to see Hitman again.

KingofOldSchool
04-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Hmmmm maybe Stu isn't really dead, because they were chanting his name, so he MUST have been backstage too! :|

Rob
04-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Hmmmm maybe Stu isn't really dead, because they were chanting his name, so he MUST have been backstage too! :|

Did Owen do a run in?

KingofOldSchool
04-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Did Owen do a run in?

I guess not cause the fans didn't chant his name and we ll know the fans hold the key to what is really going on.

spd10000
04-20-2004, 04:47 PM
So we're saying it's completely impossible that Bret Hart was backstage and that somebody saw him driving home? Maybe that's true, but I don't know. It doesn't seem that impossible.

loopydate
04-20-2004, 04:52 PM
^ Except that I find it hard to believe that Bret Hart was at a WWE event. In Calgary. And he wasn't trotted out like a show pony.

spd10000
04-20-2004, 04:56 PM
^ Except that I find it hard to believe that Bret Hart was at a WWE event. In Calgary. And he wasn't trotted out like a show pony.

I see what you mean, but still... Maybe McMahon (or somebody) invited him backstage, he went, and they talked. I still don't see why that's so impossible. Okay, so if he was there he wasn't on-screen. Does that mean he wasn't there? Maybe that's down the road...

I don't know. I'm just saying it's possible. We've heard of other people being backstage, who weren't on TV, so I'm just saying maybe.

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 04:59 PM
So we're saying it's completely impossible that Bret Hart was backstage and that somebody saw him driving home? Maybe that's true, but I don't know. It doesn't seem that impossible.
Well, except for the word "impossible."

And "completely."

Your grasp of the English language is disheartening.

What we're saying is that the logic behind this rumor is totally stupid, flawed, and poorly thought out. That's not to say it's impossible to see Bret backstage, or for Bret to do something with the WWE. Anything's POSSIBLE to some remote extent or another. Can you understand the difference?

spd10000
04-20-2004, 05:03 PM
What we're saying is that the logic behind this rumor is totally stupid, flawed, and poorly thought out.

why do you feel that way?

Rob
04-20-2004, 05:04 PM
I see what you mean, but still... Maybe McMahon (or somebody) invited him backstage, he went, and they talked. I still don't see why that's so impossible. Okay, so if he was there he wasn't on-screen. Does that mean he wasn't there? Maybe that's down the road...

I don't know. I'm just saying it's possible. We've heard of other people being backstage, who weren't on TV, so I'm just saying maybe.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Bret Hart was not at the show and they talk on a regular basis.

I'm thinking it's impossible he can be in two places at once but feel free to prove me wrong.

Rob
04-20-2004, 05:06 PM
You made a thread about getting over Montreal and then you harp on about Bret Hart here?

Dude... GET OVER IT!!!

spd10000
04-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Dave Meltzer is reporting that Bret Hart was not at the show and they talk on a regular basis.

I'm thinking it's impossible he can be in two places at once but feel free to prove me wrong.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong, or anyone else. Can somebody tell me why you people are so defensive? And fine, if Meltzer said Bret was not at the show, then he probably wasn't. But you people should all take a breath.

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 05:16 PM
why do you feel that way?
To go from "There was a toyota with a vanity plate" to "Bret Hart is back with the WWE!" Is a pretty big stretch...

That's not a leap of logic, that's a moonsault of logic from the top of the Titantron onto the Raw announce table.

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 05:28 PM
You made a thread about getting over Montreal and then you harp on about Bret Hart here?

Dude... GET OVER IT!!!
And yeah, I have to mirror this sentiment.

Both threads are stupid. Both threads combined make for some full coverage stupidity.

tucsonspeed6
04-20-2004, 10:11 PM
I have a bumpersticker that says "I'm in the witness protection program, so don't look at me because I'm in very real danger of being killed if I'm identified. By the way, I live at 1465 Shady Lane, Wentzville MO, but don't follow me home or send me bombs in the mail because I'm really prone to blowing up when I read the mail, and if you can still read this you not only have good eyes, but you should be paying attention to the road...WATCH OUT FOR THAT DEER!...just kidding!"

Ok, I'm just kidding about that bumpersticker. But I do drive a Dodge Laser with the licence plate "SUPRMAN" and a lot of people look at me funny a stoplights, and I shoot fireworks out of my window and yell "Suprise, Man!" because they would be suprised if they saw that coming from the guy they thought was superman. Ok, I lied about that too. I really am Superman, and I'm backstage at Smackdown right now.

SeanMC
04-20-2004, 10:18 PM

Dude... GET OVER IT!!!

My thoughts exactly.

Mikey
04-20-2004, 10:56 PM
He may (probably a small chance) that he was there just to see Chris Benoit and congratulate him personally but if he was there that would be the only reason

PureHatred
04-20-2004, 11:09 PM
These are the kind of piece of shit rumors that have earned Internet Wrestling sites such bad names.

Some guy named Steven T sends in a report that he saw a Toyota w/a HITMAN license plate and they turn it into "Bret Hart was backstage!!!!" Did anybody at this website verify the source or double check the story? No. Did the person receiving the story know for a fact how credible Ol' Steve was? No, probably not.

A common rule of journalism is to have two independent sources before reporting on a story. Not some schmuck in a parking lot named Steve. Good thing the Toyota didn't have one of those Jesus Fish on it or else this would've turned into a report on the Second Coming.

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 11:13 PM
Besides, we all know Bret's going to Smackdown for an angle where he talks Kurt through rehab...

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 11:13 PM
:shifty:

loopydate
04-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Good thing the Toyota didn't have one of those Jesus Fish on it or else this would've turned into a report on the Second Coming.

-BAH GAWD IT'S THE MESSIAH! THE SON OF MAN HAS COME AGAIN TO JUDGE THE LIVING AND THE DEAD! BARBECUESAUCESTUNNERUNAMERICAN!

-Wait...where's Mary Magdalene? I wanna see puppies!

-BAHGAWDALLMYYEARSINTHISBUSINESSDAMNHIMRATTLESNAKE!

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Good thing the Toyota didn't have one of those Jesus Fish on it or else this would've turned into a report on the Second Coming.
I didn't catch this til Loopy did that.

:lol:I'd rep ya if I could.

So is this Jesus the Hitman Christ? Performs a sharpshooter on a lake?

Kane Knight
04-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Sad thing is, you know they'd make Christ job to Ausitn, just so King doesn't pout.

Rock Bottom
04-21-2004, 03:12 PM
From the TPWW newsboard:

Bret Hart and Vince McMahon did indeed meet last night after Raw in Calgary. It is unknown at this time what they talked about; however, Hart did not attend Raw and was not backstage.

We will post more details as they become available.

-------------------------------------------------

No source listed. Mainly, just posting this to ask someone like Rob whether or not he knows anyone who can confirm that, or if it's just another BS rumor. It was stated rather matter-of-factly.

Rob
04-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Meltzer reported that and I know he talks to Bret Hart on a regular basis so I believe it.

Rock Bottom
04-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Awesome. Not that it means Bret is coming back. But it's one more degree below zero in hell, at least. Thanks.

Kane Knight
04-21-2004, 03:28 PM
No, it's obvious that Bret IS coming back! The HITMAN license plate is an omen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oneoneoneoneone

Loose Cannon
04-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Sad thing is, you know they'd make Christ job to Ausitn, just so King doesn't pout.

no, the sad thing is they would let Christ use His immortal/miracle powers and then make him job to Shane.

Kane Knight
04-21-2004, 03:36 PM
no, the sad thing is they would let Christ use His immortal/miracle powers and then make him job to Shane.
:D

And theneveryone under the sun.

Rock Bottom
04-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Also from the newsboard, just now:

By Richard Gray on April 21, 2004 at 2:50 PM EST

As we reported yesterday, Vince McMahon did indeed meet with Bret Hart after Raw this past Monday. The nature of the meeting is still unknown at this point, however, the meeting does not come as a big surprise since Raw was in Calgary, which is the hometown of The Hitman.

Bret and Vince have talked pretty regularly as of late; however, most sources indicate that it is more about the business and catching up. Nevertheless it has been said that the two do have an open line of communication regarding Bret doing some work with WWE at some point down the road.

Kane Knight
04-21-2004, 04:14 PM
I would love it if we saw Bret come back, even if it's just for some TV time and a speech.

I know realistically, it won't be to wrestle, and I know it's unlikely that he'll actually come back at all, but I can dream...

Hardcore Legend
04-21-2004, 04:15 PM

He shouldn't find that too difficult .... given the fact he has his oh-so-clever, conceited head permanently shoved up his own arse ....

Nacho Man
04-21-2004, 04:24 PM
somebody want to give this guy the credit he deserves? I mean, yeah- people talking about Bret coming back are usually spouting rubbish, but this guy said he believed he had seen the Hitman, and then there is news that the Hitman was backstage, so... I guess he deserves an apology from half dozen people who slated him? Or do we only cut down and never apologise here?

Kane Knight
04-21-2004, 04:34 PM
somebody want to give this guy the credit he deserves? I mean, yeah- people talking about Bret coming back are usually spouting rubbish, but this guy said he believed he had seen the Hitman, and then there is news that the Hitman was backstage, so... I guess he deserves an apology from half dozen people who slated him? Or do we only cut down and never apologise here?
No, he saw a toyota.

The news is NOT that he was backstage, but that he met with Vince. He was reported to NOT BE AT THE ARENA.

This was shit reporting where there happened to be a small amount i common with the truth, totally by ACCIDENT.

Rock Bottom
04-21-2004, 04:39 PM

Wow holy shit. That was retarded. Excuse me while I recover. He posted something totally sketchy that just about no one believed. It was horribly thought out and it wasn't even the car Bret Hart drives. Secondly, there is a big difference between someone like Dave Meltzer saying that Bret Hart talked to McMahon and some dude going, "OMG I SAW TEH HITMAN LISCENCE PLATE!!!!!11"

By the way, Bret wasn't backstage.

PureHatred
04-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Who deserves credit?

The guy who posted this and then had everybody bash it as being wholly ridiculous? He deserves creidt because the story accidentally had some truth to it? Steven T who sent in the rumor after he may or may not have seen a Toyota with a HITMAN license plate? Or whichever was the first site to receive this report that then posted it w/o verifying the validity and then stood by as every other wrestling "news" site posted it.

Wrestling sites spend so much time posting innuendo and lies that they've lost all credibility. So I'm so supposed to feel bad about not believing what I read the one time they accidentally get close to geting story right. Please. As soon as somebody sends me an apology for all the complete Bullshit I've seen on "news" boards, I'll apologize.

Kane Knight
04-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Who deserves credit?

The guy who posted this and then had everybody bash it as being wholly ridiculous? He deserves creidt because the story accidentally had some truth to it? Steven T who sent in the rumor after he may or may not have seen a Toyota with a HITMAN license plate? Or whichever was the first site to receive this report that then posted it w/o verifying the validity and then stood by as every other wrestling "news" site posted it.

Wrestling sites spend so much time posting innuendo and lies that they've lost all credibility. So I'm so supposed to feel bad about not believing what I read the one time they accidentally get close to geting story right. Please. As soon as somebody sends me an apology for all the complete Bullshit I've seen on "news" boards, I'll apologize.
In fairness, at least it was reported as a quote. Most wrestling sites would have taken:

I just got back from WWE’s RAW in Calgary a few minutes ago! The event was excellent with several great matches and also new tag-team champions!

I am not sure if you guys have heard this yet or not, but as I was leaving RAW I saw a black Toyota Land Cruiser pulling out of the arena. The license plate on the back said “HITMAN”.

This makes me think that Bret Hart was really backstage at RAW and is working with WWE once again. I followed the Toyota for quite some time, until it turned off onto a back road that I hardly ever travel. I am almost certain (since I have lived in Calgary for ten years now) that whoever was in the vehicle was trying to not be seen. The windows were tinted completely black and the road it went down hardly ever gets any traffic.
And turned it into:

INSIDER SOURCES REVEAL THAT BRET HART WILL RETURN TO THE WWE! HITMAN SEEN BACKSTAGE AT RAW IN CALGARY!!!!!!
Not that I'm saying that it's good reporting to entertain this shit, but at least it was left for the morons to come up with their own horrible and inaccurate assumptions, instead of spinning it. They let some moron put up his seven stages of seperation conspiracy theory, which most people could understand was bullshit. It doesn't take a lot of reason to see through this line of crap.

On the other hand, I fail to see why I should apologise for bad reporting that was accidentally partially right.

CBright7831
04-21-2004, 07:45 PM
Hmmm, I would think Bret would try a Ford and be "built Ford tough."

For fucks sake, that sucked.

tucsonspeed6
04-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Did anyone see me at Smackdown? I was the guy in the car with the licence plate that said "SUPRMAN" and I was dressed like superman because that's who I am.