PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson vs. John "John Cena" Cena **WRESTLEMANIA HYPE THREAD**

Pages : [1] 2 3

Supreme Olajuwon
02-27-2012, 11:58 PM
There's gonna be a poopload of talk about this match for the next five weeks so let's try to keep the madness contained to this thread.

Support your chosen warrior, flame the opposition, and post any Rock/Cena miscellanea in here.

And let's get nasty about it. Let's try to hurt each others' feelings. Don't hold back. Unless you're a pussy. And if you are a pussy get the fuck out of here.

READY.
SET.
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destor
02-27-2012, 11:59 PM
:heart:

CSL
02-28-2012, 12:00 AM
lol "John 'John Cena' Cena"

Jordan
Cena son

CSL
and this is going to be one long ass thread

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Discussion Topic #1:

John Cena made The Rock look like a punk ass bitch. Your thoughts?

McLegend
02-28-2012, 12:02 AM
I think Cena is winning this feud as of 2/28/12. Now with that said...

Cena is totally on the wrong side. The Rock has earned everything he has, and if any wrestler had a chance to get what The Rock has they would so take it.

All the boys in the back have to get over themselves and grow up... That is if they actually feel that way, and I think they do.

McLegend
02-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Discussion Topic #1:

John Cena made The Rock look like a punk ass bitch. Your thoughts?

He did, and I hate to admit it.

This was one of the worst Rock showings ever.

Crimson
02-28-2012, 12:09 AM
I think Cena is winning this feud as of 2/28/12. Now with that said...

Cena is totally on the wrong side. The Rock has earned everything he has, and if any wrestler had a chance to get what The Rock has they would so take it.

All the boys in the back have to get over themselves and grow up... That is if they actually feel that way, and I think they do.

Agree..Rock can easily shoot on Cena about how he's just "hating" on his success. I loved rapper Cena but despised the goody two shoes Cena that got shoved down our throats.

I'm siding with Rock even though he just got owned and will probably job.

Crimson
02-28-2012, 12:11 AM
This isn't CENATION anymore it's HATERNATION ya heard JOHN..JOHN where you at JOHN

Destor
02-28-2012, 12:41 AM
this fued is gonna be pretty great ftr

Wishbone
02-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Word life, basic thugonomics. CeNation all the way on this one.... Holy shit, how the hell did that happen...?

Volare
02-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Who in the fuck saw that shit coming from Cena? Caught me off guard that's for sure. WWE has got me hooked for sure.

incognito123
02-28-2012, 01:18 AM
I've been an avid Cena hater for years, but after the last two weeks of RAW, I am changing my mind. Tonight was attitude era stuff from Cena. He absolutely owned the Rock in ways no one ever has! The "writing on wrists" thing was classic! Lets get that trending #writesonwrists! War Cena!

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2012, 01:19 AM
I'll be kinda sad when the match is over.

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2012, 01:21 AM
I get the feeling there's just gonna be a huge "Well... what now?" feeling afterward.

Destor
02-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Here's a question: could the rock be the guy to finally get cena completely over as a baby? and if so isnt it ironic that it happens in a baby vs baby fued?

el bobbo
02-28-2012, 02:34 AM
Can you even picture Rocky losing at Wrestlemania in his hometown?

I would like to throw the idea out there that Cena loses, badly, against the Rock and takes a sabbatical.

After that, have Cena come back and defeat either a face Sheamus or a face Punk in a totally dickish manner ala Hollywood Hogan.

After that it is up to the writing team to make him a successful heel people will want to see.

el bobbo
02-28-2012, 02:35 AM
And.

If Cena actually beats him at WM, he will be an automatic heel. Especially if it's a heel finish.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-28-2012, 02:50 AM
Here's a question: could the rock be the guy to finally get cena completely over as a baby? and if so isnt it ironic that it happens in a baby vs baby fued?

In the short term, sure. But then when they're done with that and feuds with Punk, Jericho and possibly HHH again, then what? Not really Cena's fault but other than those 3 there's no-one built up to his level on the creative end so he'll have to go back to condescending them with gay jokes and the other guy only winning by fluke/outside interference.

incognito123
02-28-2012, 02:51 AM
If Cena continues in this way, he won't have to turn heel to win the adult male audience back. He can stay a babyface but just be a badass babyface. LIke I already said, I'm beginning to warm up to him.

The Fraze
02-28-2012, 02:55 AM
And let's get nasty about it. Let's try to hurt each others' feelings. Don't hold back.

This is exactly what The Rock needs to do. He needs to let loose and get fucking real with Cena real quick.

el bobbo
02-28-2012, 03:01 AM
This is exactly what The Rock needs to do. He needs to let loose and get fucking real with Cena real quick.

With the release/recoil of those babyface, heel t-shirts, it looks like this may not be the angle they are taking. Cena is too "Hogan" for today's kids who kind of know what is going on.

But if what I read online is only BS, which it is, that would be an awesome way to take this feud.

The Fraze
02-28-2012, 03:17 AM
The more I watch the "wrists" comment from Cena, my blood fucking boils. Cena is getting real, it's time for The Rock to tear him apart. He's holding back for the sake of the "storyline." Fuck that, expose him. Cena took a shot tonight, I hope The Rock steps up his game in return.

DaVe
02-28-2012, 04:01 AM
ha, loving it

Damian Rey
02-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Rock came out pretty flat tonight. He needs to ditch the chants, ditch the crowd pandering bullshit and just let loose. Can't even put into words how flat and, sadly, how boring hiss promo was. Cena's stepped it up with the real, gimmickless approach. Rock needs to do the same or he's going to look very underwhelming in comparison.

El Fangel
02-28-2012, 05:37 AM
The Rock needs to come out and put this jabroni in his place. The only reason Cena is as big as he is, is because he didn't have The Rock to fight for the spotlight.

The Rock took the spotlight when you had peeps like Austin, HHH, Taker, Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Angle, Big Show, Kane, Michaels and the like all in their prime or not too far removed from it.

Who exactly did Cena have to contend with? We are in an age where a wrestler who fathered a hand is main eventing.

Sting Fan
02-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Cena all the way, I want to see him make the Rock tap out to a horrible looking STFU just so I can watch the internet assplode that night from pure hatred of him.

And I hope he somehow manages to challenge for both titles at Mania and win them both, unify them and end the show pissing on a keyboard... :shifty:

Sting Fan
02-28-2012, 06:19 AM
I have just realized that if he did piss on a keyboard in the Mania ring all past sins would be forgotten, all the Cena haters would have "always been a bit of a fan" and the IWC would be on his nuts harder than a 14yo boy on a penthouse for a year until he goes stale and we repeat the same shit again.

Wrestlings depressing :(

XL
02-28-2012, 06:44 AM
The Rock needs to come out and put this jabroni in his place. The only reason Cena is as big as he is, is because he didn't have The Rock to fight for the spotlight.

The Rock took the spotlight when you had peeps like Austin, HHH, Taker, Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Angle, Big Show, Kane, Michaels and the like all in their prime or not too far removed from it.

Who exactly did Cena have to contend with? We are in an age where a wrestler who fathered a hand is main eventing.
Be quiet, Markshall.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Yes! Name calling!

Keep it up!

XL
02-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Thought you might like that.

Innovator
02-28-2012, 07:53 AM
I liked the promo work last night, it was time for Cena to get one up on the Rock.

dablackguy
02-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Contrary to what most think, I don't believe anyone won or lost last night. I think it was a night that successfully advanced the feud, although not by much. Aside from the weak insults, everything Rock said was true. In turn, Cena's retort backed up what he said last week. Him making the distinction between Rock and Dwanye Johnson seemed out of place unless there's something we as fans don't know about.

The arm notes was a lol moment but I question it's legitimacy. Are we really to believe that a guy that has to remember line after line for movies can handle a 15 minute promo anymore?

Damian Rey
02-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Cena got one over with last week's promo. He furtherd that by coming out in the middle of Rocky's promo and making him look worse. The Rock should have hit him or something. Anything to swing some momentum in his favor because as of right now, it's all Cena.

Destor
02-28-2012, 08:26 AM
hey fangel the rock never stole the spot light from hbk. and in all reality austin handed it over more than it was taken.

Warman
02-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Cena was given last nights win. Rock could not give rebuttal until Cena left to protect him.

XL
02-28-2012, 09:24 AM
There's still 5 weeks to go. No point bringing out all the big guns just yet. There's plenty of time for Rock's rebuttal.

CSL
02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Who exactly did Cena have to contend with?

HHH, Taker, Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero, Angle, Big Show, Kane, Michaels

Hanso Amore
02-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Rock needs to talk about how Cena is a wanna be ROck. Trying to make it in the movie game. Coming out with gems left and right. Rock makes more in one day of GI Joe than Cena films make in a lifetime!

So now Cena runs him down in Jealousy. Knowing the Rock can leave for 7 years and still get more love than Cena, who is "showign it every Week"

Book it.

TGR
02-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Wonderful, the culmination of two people I thought were overexposed in their heydays and who I despised in equal measure fighting for, uh...something. The rights to be in Expendables 3, maybe?

The same reason the crowd soured on Cena is the reason the crowd soured on the Rock in the early 2000s. Five moves of doom, bland catchphrases, and not a single night goes by that they can go without being the main event/center of attention.

The difference today is the Rock went away and came back with the nostalgia pop. If Cena retired tomorrow, we'd like him when he came back to wrestle Daniel Bryan (Daniel Bryan by then being the overexposed frontman of the company...I can dream, right?) at Wrestlemania 38.

My general fatigue of both of these individuals aside, they're both very talented both in words and in the ring when they are allowed to actually wrestle. It could either be an excellent match, where both show a moveset that did not exist while they were at the top, or it could be a terrible one, where they slap each other for a half hour while the crowd chants something else retarded.

CSL
02-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Don't recall the crowd souring on Rock in the early 2000's. His catchphrases have always been over as a bastard. Main eventers tend to be in, wait for it, the main event/are the centre of attention. Pretty sure Rock's pops are because he's still hugely over and is a legit "star" nowadays. lol "moveset". etc etc.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-28-2012, 10:17 AM
I think it's Sting in the cabin.

Ace
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Cena and the Rock with 13 votes each, with each standing with 54.17% of the votes...

Wait, what?

Frank Drebin
02-28-2012, 10:33 AM

Lotta time for this to happen, but not likely. Even if you can get Cena over as the face in, lets say Cleveland, think that translates to Rock's hometown in Miami for Mainia?

This. Rock/Cena needed something added to it to make people really care. Since they were never going to turn one of these guys heel, "keepin' it real" is a great way to go. The best stories are the ones that blur the reality line.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Cena and the Rock with 13 votes each, with each standing with 54.17% of the votes...

Wait, what?

Some people chose to rep both WWE Superstars.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Discussion Topic #2:

Do you think the WWE is intentionally holding The Rock back from cutting a great promo, or do you think it's because The Rock is a huge bitch?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Personally I believe The Rock cares so much about the WWE that he's actually writing John Cena's promos for this feud. He's writing all the brutal material that has torn down The Great One and made him look like the huge bitch we saw on tv last night.

Ace
02-28-2012, 10:58 AM
That's what I was thinking. Remember a while back when Rock was saying he'd be back when he had something huge to do. I think that's the plan, he's helping Cena get over in every sense.

I've never seen promo notes written on anyone's arm before, let alone someone as good at cutting promos as the Rock.

Ryan Clark may tell you this is legit, and JR is playing that tune on his blog too, but both guys are very professional, and very good at what they do.

JimmyMess
02-28-2012, 11:05 AM
I want to click The Rock for this here poll... but in all honesty I will be cheering for both! This is not the same as Hogan/Rock to me.... I cheered Hogan all the way through this match, much like the other 68,000 people in Skydome did.... I will cheer for both, I just want to watch something really cool.

And that is what I am hoping for.

JimmyMess
02-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Discussion Topic #2 -

I don't think he is being held back,I think seriously The Rock is a bit out of his element doing the "worked shoot" promo. He's a natural entertainer and hype-man. If he jumps into full "Rock" persona he can deliver fantastic promo's. I personally don't care if he doesn't hit that "realism" like Cena has done over the last couple weeks. I want The Rock to go on a verbal tirade in the only way he knows how to, which is completely over the top and memorable.

The Gold Standard
02-28-2012, 11:14 AM
I am re-watching the promo on the main page and I am having a hard time seeing the writing on The Rock's wrists. Can someone please tell me where it is so I can see it.

TGR
02-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Don't recall the crowd souring on Rock in the early 2000's. His catchphrases have always been over as a bastard. Main eventers tend to be in, wait for it, the main event/are the centre of attention. Pretty sure Rock's pops are because he's still hugely over and is a legit "star" nowadays. lol "moveset". etc etc.

They did, especially as his feud with Triple H/The McMahon-Helmsley Faction dragged on.

And there are main eventers who have promoted their own popularity without becoming overexposed. They tend to be the legacy characters right now (Triple H, Undertaker, formerly Shawn Michaels.)

It's tricky to manage, since top draws make money doing virtually anything, but too much of a good thing makes people fatigued of it. Hulk Hogan had that problem too.

The Gold Standard
02-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Nevermind I see it.

The Gold Standard
02-28-2012, 11:22 AM
For the discussion topic, I don't think WWE is holding The Rock back. I don't think The Rock expected Cena to get as personal as he did. I expect The Rock to begin to rip him in the weeks to come. Rock looked like he was caught off guard with the promo Cena put on him.

For the record, I am repping Team Bring It, but Cena has stepped up his game throughout this entire feud. His promos have gotten better and better. I will never leave Team Bring It, but I will not boo Cena anymore.

Captain of Fun
02-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Cena by a wide margin.

The only time I liked the rock was during his "hollywood" heel persona. Besides that it was the same old catchprases every week with some toilet humor. Much like Cena for a long time, was just the same old catch phrases every week, with some goofy humor thrown in. The difference being every once and a while when a feud heats up, we would get an "angry, passionate" promo from Cena, which has always been a treat, and loads better than his usual shtick.

I've been saying for a while, that Cena doesn't have to turn heel, or go back to rapping to get over with his haters. He just has to make this serious side his permanent persona.

The Rock has charisma up the wazoo, and there really has never been a personality quite like his, but when Cena is on his game, his promos give me chills. I never got that from the rock. He's had some good promos that have made me laugh, but nothing that has knocked me on my ass like Cena does on occasion.

Captain of Fun
02-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Nah, fans were sick of the rock in 2002, and were chanting "Rocky sucks" again. You can actually see him taken aback by it when he lost the title to Brock.

If I'm not mistaken, that was the whole basis for turning him heel in 2003.

CSL
02-28-2012, 11:33 AM
They did, especially as his feud with Triple H/The McMahon-Helmsley Faction dragged on.

And there are main eventers who have promoted their own popularity without becoming overexposed. They tend to be the legacy characters right now (Triple H, Undertaker, formerly Shawn Michaels.)

It's tricky to manage, since top draws make money doing virtually anything, but too much of a good thing makes people fatigued of it. Hulk Hogan had that problem too.

that feud lasted from roughly the build to Mania 2000 until around King of the Ring and I still don't recall anything like the crowd souring.

Are you telling me that Austin, Rock etc aren't "legacy characters", whatever that is supposed to mean?

and certainly Hogan had "problems" in the same sense Cena has had for most of his run on top but that's not who we're talking about

CSL
02-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Nah, fans were sick of the rock in 2002, and were chanting "Rocky sucks" again. You can actually see him taken aback by it when he lost the title to Brock.

If I'm not mistaken, that was the whole basis for turning him heel in 2003.

oh for sure by then, once he started swanning off to do films etc, Summerslam 2002 he got slaughtered. But through 2000 and early 01 before leaving for The Scorpion King, nah.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 11:38 AM
The only time I remember Rock getting booed in 00-01 as a face was during the buildup to Wrestlemania X7 with Austin. And I'm sure that was more to do with Austin being the most popular wrestler ever than anything else.

J Dogg Funk
02-28-2012, 11:45 AM
John Cena won by a wide margin last night and it only took him about 2 minutes to do so. The Rock looked cmopletely lost after the Wrists/Script comment. As a big fan of the Rock back in the day, its great seeing him back on TV, and his war of words with Cena has been great over the past year. I am actually looking more forward to the Promo's over the next 5 week's than i am the actual match (which I am sure will not be very good).

Aaronp43
02-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Last night was the worst rock promo i have ever seen it will be a good match but there will be a rematch at WM 29

The Fraze
02-28-2012, 12:02 PM
WWE is most certainly holding The Rock back. They're fucking PG, and The Rock can annihilate Cena and I think he will once he lets fucking loose. Everyone is right who is saying that The Rock was caught off guard by Cena. The Rock has more or less kept it within the "storyline" thus far. When he gets real, Cena is in for it and so is the WWE.

Captain of Fun
02-28-2012, 12:17 PM
If WWE wasn't PG, I feel like Cena would own him even harder.

Innovator
02-28-2012, 12:32 PM
This might be the fastest turn around ever seen on TPWW.

Destor
02-28-2012, 12:36 PM
the rock isnt being held back nor is he feeding cena lines. get out of here with that mess. what we're getting is cena free of the wwe writers cutting his own promos (that everyone under the sun used to praise) with the rock cutting his typical stuff written by insert jewish guy here.

Captain of Fun
02-28-2012, 12:36 PM
A lot of that lately.

I remember when I was the only person here that liked Mark Henry. Then one Tuesday, everyone decided to become a fan.

And recently, I feel like everyone on a dime just turned around and decided that Santino as world champion would be a good idea.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 12:40 PM
the rock isnt being held back nor is he feeding cena lines. get out of here with that mess. what we're getting is cena free of the wwe writers cutting his own promos (that everyone under the sun used to praise) with the rock cutting his typical stuff written by insert jewish guy here.

YOU CANT PROVE THAT

Destor
02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
YOU CANT PROVE THAT

lol

Dukelorange
02-28-2012, 12:50 PM
The crowd is what the problem is.... The crowd is chanting every dang thing in the book. Cena can come out and say what he has to say and book...

If they were just speaking without the chants it would have been a different ballgame...

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 12:53 PM
The crowd is what the problem is.... The crowd is chanting every dang thing in the book. Cena can come out and say what he has to say and book...

If they were just speaking without the chants it would have been a different ballgame...

Wait, so you're saying the crowd helped Cena and hurt the Rock? Is that what I'm reading?

Destor
02-28-2012, 12:55 PM
sure are alot of excuses today for dwayne.

here's a question: will we see the rock again before the last raw before mania?

Captain of Fun
02-28-2012, 12:56 PM
I remember when I was the only person here that liked Mark Henry. Then one Tuesday, everyone decided to become a fan.

I just want to point out, that I do not mean this in a douchey hipster "I liked that band before they were popular" kind of way, and indeed, the happiest day of my life was when everyone else discovered the greatness that I have seen in mark Henry for years.

Aaronp43
02-28-2012, 12:57 PM
If there was no pg who would win not only the fight at WM but the war of words leading up to it?

Blakeamus
02-28-2012, 12:59 PM
John Cena is a moron. Because of his remark last night about writing on Rock's wrist...guess what? That's all anyone cares about on the news sites...OH BTW it's not even full script it's abbreviated bullet notes. I can't wait for Rock to kick his ass, cause this fued is making me hate him.

Dukelorange
02-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Wait, so you're saying the crowd helped Cena and hurt the Rock? Is that what I'm reading?

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying... hear me out.

Rock spent the majority of the time letting the crowd chant when he could have been ripping Cena... When Cena spoke the crowd was dead. If the crowd let Rock speak instead of them chanting, the Rock would have fared better...

Just an opinion... what are your thoughts?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 01:00 PM
If there was no pg who would win not only the fight at WM but the war of words leading up to it?

Aaronpg43, your Rock/Cena thread has been merged into the OFFICIAL Rock/Cena Wrestlemania Hype Thread. Please make a note of it.

Regards,
Supreme "The Dream" Olajuwon

Captain of Fun
02-28-2012, 01:00 PM
sure are alot of excuses today for dwayne.

here's a question: will we see the rock again before the last raw before mania?

Even with a star of Rock's magnitude, I don't see how they can build to a Wrestlemania main event when one of the participants isn't even there. It's been fine up to now, but leading into the actual PPV, he needs to be at every Raw to hype this match, and to make it really personal. Otherwise, it really won't have the atmosphere and feel of Wrestlemania dream matches of years past.

Double D
02-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Does everyone agree that in most cases, whoever has the upper hand going into the PPV, loses? With that thought in mind, I hope Cena keeps the "upper hand." And no one can out-talk The Rock, I think there's definitely more that'll be coming from him. I will agree that it's nice to see Cena hitting his dickish stride again, I used to be a Cena fan when he was starting out and like most others lost interest along the way, but at the end of the day, I'm one of the millions.

Jordan
02-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Bottom line, next week The Rock needs to do something other than come out and start witty chants with the WWE Universe and stop talking about Twitter. The match is with Cena, that's why Cena prevailed in the battle of words last night, he spoke on the topic at hand and shut down "The Great One".

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Don't really understand what was so bad about the Rock's promo, I thought he was great. y'all love to find shit to hate.

Jordan
02-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Don't really understand what was so bad about the Rock's promo, I thought he was great. y'all love to find shit to hate.

He wasn't "bad" Dale, really at any point. It's just that Cena was on another level, and it was basically to sell the match, to make the feud. The Rock was a little more cookie cutter in his promo and delt with trending and funny sayings, but really showed very little heat towards Cena. Tried to play it cool rather than get into the emotion of the fight.

So I'm hoping that Rock gets into the emotion of the fight by the time Rasslemania rolls around, if not, it's alright I'm for Cena anyway.

YOU CANT SEE ME

Jordan
02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
http://theinfamousjcity.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/you-cant-see-me-my-time-is-now.jpg

Jordan
02-28-2012, 02:42 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/989846/215538_10150166294100758_38672230757_6699089_1395417_n.jpg

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah, Rock was just repetitive most of the time. The "I got this trending on twitter" thing got really old really fast. The kung pao chicken/bitch thing was ridiculously lame (Was "silly words + bitch = comedy" one of his notes?). It was a fine promo when he actually threw some substance in there. But then Cena called him on all the ridiculous shit he was doing (including the fact that he apparently needed notes for it) and that was kinda that. Then it was "John, John. Here's the thing, John. Rock... Dwayne Johnson, The Brahma Bull, The Great One, The most electrifying man in all of entertainment. John... listen John... ... ... IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLL..."

JKWJRMON
02-28-2012, 03:00 PM
I've been an avid Cena hater for years, but after the last two weeks of RAW, I am changing my mind. Tonight was attitude era stuff from Cena. He absolutely owned the Rock in ways no one ever has! The "writing on wrists" thing was classic! Lets get that trending #writesonwrists! War Cena!

I agree, and if Vince planned it this way, he's a fucking genious!

JKWJRMON
02-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Nevermind I see it.

And if you watch the promo's end, you'll see Rock say Mother fucker before he says bitch.

J Dogg Funk
02-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Even though I am a huge Rock fan (been for years). I have been starting to lean toward John Cena. He has been cutting great promos, whether shoot or not, he's been on mark and getting it done. Also, its hard for Rock to just show up and have his crowd timing and cut promo's. He need to be there week in and week out.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Discussion Topic #3:

Do you think The Rock has always been a punk bitch or do you think he has only recently become a punk bitch?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
I suppose that discussion topic is a part of a much broader discussion topic that is currently dividing our great nation: are individuals genetically predisposed to being a punk bitch or does one simply choose to become a punk bitch?

Mooияakeя™
02-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Cena to make it more closer.

El Fangel
02-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Of course The Rock is being held back. If he was allowed to say what he wanted about WWE's prodigal son, Cena would be crying in the corner of the ring.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Question for The Rock Fans:

If John Cena cut a promo on The Rock so brutal that he actually made The Rock cry, would you lose respect for Mr. Maivia?

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Of course The Rock is being held back. If he was allowed to say what he wanted about WWE's prodigal son, Cena would be crying in the corner of the ring.

duly noted

:shifty:

El Fangel
02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Question for The Rock Fans:

If John Cena cut a promo on The Rock so brutal that he actually made The Rock cry, would you lose respect for Mr. Maivia?

Even THINKING The Rock could shed tears is blasphemous and you know that!

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 05:08 PM
So it sounds to me like you're saying if John Cena makes The Rock cry, you will lose respect for him.

El Fangel
02-28-2012, 05:10 PM
You want me to bitchslap you Supreme? I will come down to wherever you live in Jabroniville and make you taste the back of my hand.

And I won't wash it anywhere along the way either.

#1-norm-fan
Would he even be The Rock anymore?

addy2hotty
One things for sure, if Cena really did delve into the 'real world' during his words on Raw, the next time Dwayne has a chance, he SHOULD destroy him - whether or not he's been given a script. If he doesn't, then shit. I seem to recall Rocky pre-emptive striking on Nash by calling him 'Big Daddy Bitch' a couple of times before Nash had the chance. Dwayne is no slouch in a verbal war. He's certainly got a lot of Cena material that he's not used.

Weird that he only mildly touched on the private schooling thing and hasn't even gone near Cena's failed movies, but like others have said, 5 weeks to go.

If those are Rocky's last words before Mania, or even the last Raw before Mania, then wow - Cena scores big.

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2012, 05:11 PM
You want me to bitchslap you Supreme? I will come down to wherever you live in Jabroniville and make you taste the back of my hand.

And I won't wash it anywhere along the way either.

Why not? Do you write notes on your hand too?

Xero
02-28-2012, 05:11 PM
What if John Cena did vignettes of digging up High Chief Maivia and skull-fucking him? Would The Rock be allowed to cry then?

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Weird that he only mildly touched on the private schooling thing and hasn't even gone near Cena's failed movies,

I'm pretty sure I remember him mentioning Cena's movies before. Cena kinda already talked about them anyway so any more mentions from Rock would lose their oomph anyway.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Xero brings up a good point. And these are the types of questions that should be asked heading into Wrestlemania XXVIII.

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2012, 05:16 PM
What if John Cena did vignettes of digging up High Chief Maivia and skull-fucking him? Would The Rock be allowed to cry then?

"'I'll show your grandpa how to smokem real peace pipe."

El Fangel
02-28-2012, 05:16 PM

The Rock would kill him before he had the chance to shed a tear.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-28-2012, 05:18 PM
What if Cena had raunchy white man sex with Rockys mother?

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-28-2012, 05:19 PM
The Rock is the only one who can get this sort of reaction for Cena

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 05:19 PM
If John Cena tries to steal High Chief Maivia's casket by driving away with the casket chained to his car and The Rock jumps on top of the casket to try and stop him, do you think The Rock could stay on for the full 8 seconds or do you think he'd fall off?

XL
02-28-2012, 05:25 PM

You're telling us HHH was never "over-exposed"? Did you forget about that run he had on Raw where he had 20 minutes promo time per week? It's refered to as the "Reign of Terror".

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying... hear me out.

Rock spent the majority of the time letting the crowd chant when he could have been ripping Cena... When Cena spoke the crowd was dead. If the crowd let Rock speak instead of them chanting, the Rock would have fared better...

Just an opinion... what are your thoughts?
Wait. I thought Rock "controlled a crowd like nobody else"?

Pretty sure I told you to be quiet.

addy2hotty
02-28-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember him mentioning Cena's movies before. Cena kinda already talked about them anyway so any more mentions from Rock would lose their oomph anyway.

He hasn't said anything like 'if you'd had the oppotunity to leave for Hollywood, you would have taken it', like saying that he only stayed in the WWE because Hollywood didn't want him.

Shit, the only time I really recall him hitting Cena in his acting-nuts was that thing about The Marine at the HoF.

GD
02-28-2012, 05:48 PM
<script src="http://www.kgw.com/templates/belo_embedWrapper.js?storyid=140679333&pos=top&swfw=$swfw"></script><object id="null" width="541" height="338" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param value="true" name="allowfullscreen"/> <param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess"/> <param value="high" name="quality"/> <param value="true" name="cachebusting"/> <param value="#000000" name="bgcolor"/> <param name="movie" value="http://swfs.bimvid.com/bimvid_player-3_2_7.swf?x-bim-callletters=KGW" /> <param value="config=http://www.kgw.com/?j=140679333&ref=" name="flashvars"/> <embed src="http://swfs.bimvid.com/bimvid_player-3_2_7.swf?x-bim-callletters=KGW" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="541" height="338" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" cachebusting="true" flashvars="config=http://www.kgw.com/?j=140679333&ref=" bgcolor="#000000" quality="true"> </embed>
</object><script src="http://www.kgw.com/templates/belo_embedWrapper.js?storyid=140679333&pos=bottom"></script>

addy2hotty
02-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Dick Hannah

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2012, 05:59 PM
<script src="http://www.kgw.com/templates/belo_embedWrapper.js?storyid=140679333&pos=top&swfw=$swfw"></script><object id="null" width="541" height="338" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param value="true" name="allowfullscreen"/> <param value="always" name="allowscriptaccess"/> <param value="high" name="quality"/> <param value="true" name="cachebusting"/> <param value="#000000" name="bgcolor"/> <param name="movie" value="http://swfs.bimvid.com/bimvid_player-3_2_7.swf?x-bim-callletters=KGW" /> <param value="config=http://www.kgw.com/?j=140679333&ref=" name="flashvars"/> <embed src="http://swfs.bimvid.com/bimvid_player-3_2_7.swf?x-bim-callletters=KGW" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="541" height="338" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" cachebusting="true" flashvars="config=http://www.kgw.com/?j=140679333&ref=" bgcolor="#000000" quality="true"> </embed>
</object><script src="http://www.kgw.com/templates/belo_embedWrapper.js?storyid=140679333&pos=bottom"></script>

Was he shaken... BY THE ROCK!?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/Dramatic_Chipmunk.png/220px-Dramatic_Chipmunk.png

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
He wasn't "bad" Dale, really at any point. It's just that Cena was on another level, and it was basically to sell the match, to make the feud. The Rock was a little more cookie cutter in his promo and delt with trending and funny sayings, but really showed very little heat towards Cena. Tried to play it cool rather than get into the emotion of the fight.

So I'm hoping that Rock gets into the emotion of the fight by the time Rasslemania rolls around, if not, it's alright I'm for Cena anyway.

YOU CANT SEE ME

Goes with the feud. Rock is there to entertain the people, Cena's there for the boys in the back. What's the point of Rock burying Cena?

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah, Rock was just repetitive most of the time. The "I got this trending on twitter" thing got really old really fast. The kung pao chicken/bitch thing was ridiculously lame (Was "silly words + bitch = comedy" one of his notes?). It was a fine promo when he actually threw some substance in there. But then Cena called him on all the ridiculous shit he was doing (including the fact that he apparently needed notes for it) and that was kinda that. Then it was "John, John. Here's the thing, John. Rock... Dwayne Johnson, The Brahma Bull, The Great One, The most electrifying man in all of entertainment. John... listen John... ... ... IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLL..."

So... he went out there, had fun, the audience had fun and it wasn't good enough?

I means it's all about taste, and it's fine if you didn't enjoy it. But he's pretty much doing what he does and getting the (positive) reaction he's pretty much always gotten.

Next Big Thing
02-28-2012, 07:02 PM

Cena would be signing his own death warrant since every Samoan in the world is somehow related and if Rikishi did it for the Rock, imagine what the Usos would do for him.

CSL
02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
dance?

CSL
02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
lie down?

CSL
02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
collect his food from catering?

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2012, 07:11 PM
So... he went out there, had fun, the audience had fun and it wasn't good enough?

I means it's all about taste, and it's fine if you didn't enjoy it. But he's pretty much doing what he does and getting the (positive) reaction he's pretty much always gotten.

It's usually stuff you could enjoy from home coming from him though. There's only so much playing to a live crowd someone can do before it's just like "Can you guys do this after the show and actually say something of note?" I'm sure the live crowd was having a blast chanting kung pao bitch and such. All I could think was how lame the "kung pao" stuff was. I wasn't caught up in it... I wasn't in the crowd. I was at home. Watching lame attempts at comedy.

I can see how it served a purpose in that it was kinda "Rock being Rock". He's been able to do it in the past without just engaging the live crowd though. And once Cena came out, he definitely had an odd "defeated" vibe about him and got awkward for a bit. He wasn't typical Rock to me.

#1-norm-fan
02-28-2012, 07:13 PM
And yes, I've seen a ton of lame attempts at comedy from Cena over the years. I'm just speaking on the current situation though. Cena's definitely been guilty of some cringe-worthy kung pao-esque lines.

dingdongyo
02-28-2012, 07:29 PM
i'm loving every second of this storyline. and i'm so fucking sick of reading "cena shud turn heel n talk about [insert stupid shit], n then rock shud say [other stupid shit]. " there's a reason you people don't write the show.

this is an opportunity to go outside the whole bad guy vs good guy mentality and they are using it. and it's great. like who you want to like, and take the ride.

i saw the rock's face after the writing on the wrist jab. i've also seen part of one of his movies. if the look on his face monday was acting, it must be the best acting he's ever done.

dhellova guy
02-28-2012, 08:24 PM
I dunno, it kinda seems like Cena is trying to hard to appease the IWC to me, since he knows most of us hate his guts (that doesn't include me).

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-28-2012, 08:33 PM
And yes, I've seen a ton of lame attempts at comedy from Cena over the years. I'm just speaking on the current situation though. Cena's definitely been guilty of some cringe-worthy kung pao-esque lines.

Cena on his BEST day cannot get an arena full of people to chant both lady parts and kung pao bitch in the same promo.

Destor
02-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Cena on his BEST day cannot get an arena full of people to chant both lady parts and kung pao bitch in the same promo.
pretty thankful for that

RVDmark
02-28-2012, 09:19 PM

JBL is poopy.

End of story.

Logan
02-28-2012, 09:30 PM
To put my $.02 in, I'm one of the many people on here that were skeptical at last years WM when they , i suppose, "officially" began the storyline with Rock and Cena, wondering how it would work with a year before the match. Now, a mere 5 or so weeks to go, I'm quite pleased with how its gone so far (I was expecting a complete train wreck like some of the recent story lines). Last night I was impressed on how well it went on. For me Rock was up on the insult/momentum meter between the two leading to last night, and Cena made it more even then.

I suspect they'll get more personal between now and WM, and I hope they can keep the flow interesting till then.

That said, I'm NOT expecting anything great from either one in the match, but I DO HOPE that the finish to this storyline is worthwhile.

Rock Bottom
02-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Vince ask Rock not to completely murder Cena til Mania

If you think the best mic worker in history cant "hang" with Cena you're a fucking idiot

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Do you think Vince specifically asked the Rock to look like a punk bitch, or was that just an accident?

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-29-2012, 12:43 AM
It is kind of awesome how personal people are taking this, but also kind of awesome. Both of them were great, just like the great Supreme Olajuwon.

Crimson
02-29-2012, 01:09 AM
I will be surprised if Dwayne even returns to RAW after getting emberrased. He might no show Wrestlemania you guys

Juan
02-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Maybe

The Fraze
02-29-2012, 01:14 AM
John Cena is a moron. Because of his remark last night about writing on Rock's wrist...guess what? That's all anyone cares about on the news sites...OH BTW it's not even full script it's abbreviated bullet notes. I can't wait for Rock to kick his ass, cause this fued is making me hate him.

One things for sure, if Cena really did delve into the 'real world' during his words on Raw, the next time Dwayne has a chance, he SHOULD destroy him - whether or not he's been given a script. If he doesn't, then shit. I seem to recall Rocky pre-emptive striking on Nash by calling him 'Big Daddy Bitch' a couple of times before Nash had the chance. Dwayne is no slouch in a verbal war. He's certainly got a lot of Cena material that he's not used.

If you think the best mic worker in history cant "hang" with Cena you're a fucking idiot

This.

Destor
02-29-2012, 01:15 AM
shit is getting real son

The Fraze
02-29-2012, 02:12 AM
Ps;

The Rock's promo was actually pretty good. He left out most of the catchphrases, and aside from the kind of lame Twitter references, it was good.

Blakeamus
02-29-2012, 03:05 AM
But that kind of lame Twitter references that the Rock is doing, is a point he is trying to make. When he does the Twitter/Trending bit, it's just to show Cena, that whether I'm here 24/7 or not, I still have their respect and their attention. I mean seriously, how often Cena's "Hustle Loyalty Respect" or "Rise Above Hate" trends worldwide in a matter of minutes?

The Fraze
02-29-2012, 03:22 AM
But that kind of lame Twitter references that the Rock is doing, is a point he is trying to make. When he does the Twitter/Trending bit, it's just to show Cena, that whether I'm here 24/7 or not, I still have their respect and their attention. I mean seriously, how often Cena's "Hustle Loyalty Respect" or "Rise Above Hate" trends worldwide in a matter of minutes?

I totally understand that. I get why the references are there. I just think the Twitter thing is over the top as a whole in the WWE which seems to be the consensus for most people. I also am just waiting for The Rock to get real and tear Cena apart.

JEPW
02-29-2012, 05:24 AM
The problem for The Rock is that he's meant to be putting the match and WWE over, but his absolute Cena-destroyer would be to point out that during HIS era, the wrestling business was many times more popular and vibrant than now. He surely won't be allowed to point that out...

But then again Cena made him look like a fool. Calling him a Son of a Bitch with such venom, and then the wrist notes thing. Out of order. As JR put it, Cena crossed the line from professional to personal. I was actually angry after Raw. Can't imagine how The Rock must have felt.

One thing's for sure: these two boys are gonna draw some ratings in coming weeks.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Feel like SammyG needs to come in here pretty soon with a "wowwwwwwwwwwwww" moment.

Next Big Thing
02-29-2012, 07:39 AM
I believe that "wrist-gate" was planned by Vince. If not, it would be a desperate and pretty unprofessional attempt by Cena to be edgy Punk-esque.

I also don't think we'll see Rock get real and really go in on Cena in a personal way. Rock has to tiptoe a fine line because after Rock leaves again, Cena is going to be there for years to come and has carried the WWE on his back for many years now. The fruity pebbles, Cena's appropriation of black culture in his gimmick and use of lame catch phrases are the extent of Rock's ammo and he's used it. Vince isn't going to let his top commodity get truly buried.

RVDmark
02-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Vince isn't going to let his top commodity get truly buried.

If it would bump him 5 ratings points Vince would let Rock literally piss on Cena.

WWE isn't about Cena, its a business making money, if it helps draw an audience and cash Vince will allow anything.

It wouldn't surprise me if we find out one day that Rock got backstage after that segment and celebrated with Cena about how well they just stepped up their fued going into 'mania.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-29-2012, 08:05 AM
How is Cena being desperate and unprofessional with the stuff he's saying but Punk is treated like God for doing it? People can say Cena's ripping off Punk but maybe it's just the way the business has developed slightly since the summer. Seems a bit daft to call him desperate.

Damian Rey
02-29-2012, 08:10 AM
The Rock, at some point over the next 5 weeks is going to have open up and rip right back into Cena. The fued will not pick up enough heat if Cena's the only ine dishing out the fire. Rock needs to step up and deliver a serious, gimmick free, catcphrase free promo tearing Cena apart. No jokes, no puns, just Rocky ripping Cena a new one.

Next Big Thing
02-29-2012, 08:15 AM
How is Cena being desperate and unprofessional with the stuff he's saying but Punk is treated like God for doing it? People can say Cena's ripping off Punk but maybe it's just the way the business has developed slightly since the summer. Seems a bit daft to call him desperate.

I've said on numerous occasions that Punk overdid it too. He absolutely buried Nash in their encounter and it wasn't necessary.

If (and that's a big if in my opinion), but if Cena did shoot on the Rock writing certain lines on his wrist so he could memorize them, it would be unprofessional because there's no reason to reveal that other than to bury/embarrass the Rock. Don't you think that would be a secret best left in the locker room? It would also be a desperate attempt at being provocative at the expense of Rock in hopes for a cheap pop from the crowd. Again, I don't think the Rock would have trouble memorizing a 15 minute monologue, so I'm not saying that's the case, but if it was, there would be anything "daft" about saying it would be a bullshit move by Cena.

I don't think the business has developed that way either and if it did, it's not a good thing that should continue. Guys exposing each others flaws and pissing on their accomplishments makes the whole product look weak. There's a reason why JBL chewed Miz and Morrison's ass for burying Punk on commentary. It doesn't matter whether it's Punk on Nash, Cena calling Del Rio the third wheel when has was champion, Ziggler on Swagger, etc... There's no reason to go outside the gimmick or storyline in that manner.

RVDmark
02-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Note to Cena:

The guy in the crowd with a "Put me to sleep" sign was a CM Punk fan, he wasn't requesting a Cena promo. :D

Destor
02-29-2012, 09:09 AM
not knowing your promo is more unproffesional than calling someone out for not being prepared

Innovator
02-29-2012, 09:10 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4T6Xzq3rxUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OMG. Rock was totally flustered and couldn't recover.

The Fraze
02-29-2012, 11:13 AM
NoDQ.com (http://nodq.com/) > WWE (http://nodq.com/wwe/) > Backstage News on The Rock vs. John Cena, Buggy
Posted by Marc Middleton (cramtechnologies@gmail.com) on 02/29/2012 at 10:16 AM

"The verbal battle between The Rock and John Cena on Monday's RAW Supershow from Portland was designed for Cena to get the upper-hand this time around. This was achieved by having Cena point out that Rock had notes for his promo written on his wrist. Some in WWE claim that Cena pointing this out was unscripted.

WWE officials are determined to get a 50/50 reaction for both men at WrestleMania 28 in Miami."

Fucking knew it. Fuck a goddamn 50/50 reaction. Why do they try so damn hard to get Cena cheered!?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-29-2012, 11:22 AM
If someone gets a virus because they clicked on your link to NoDQ.com, that is your fault.

PS, you probably have a virus on your computer from going to NoDQ.com.

Kane Knight
02-29-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure the Rock can ever win me back after he said something untrue during a wrestling promo.

The Fraze
02-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I only posted the header to cite the source. I have a blocker on my computer because the pop-ups and shit are horrendous at nodq.com, I agree.

Seems to me like The Rock was "sticking to the script" and Cena did not do that which made it look like he got the best of The Rock. When WWE lets them both play ball, we'll see what happens.

Kane Knight
02-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Totally love the fact that we can bitch about our pro wrestlers writing stuff on their arms but not our major political candidates. That it's bad in the scripted world, but defensible in the ostensibly "real" world.

The Fraze
02-29-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.thefastertimes.com/entertainmentnews/files/2011/03/fuck-you2.jpg

Destor
02-29-2012, 12:26 PM
debate is over. noDQ has chimed in.

Kane Knight
02-29-2012, 12:32 PM

The debate isn't really over so much as it's got a virus and was forced to close unexpectedly.

Innovator
02-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Just seeing a NoDQ link gives me a virus warning.

McLegend
02-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah I'm not buying this note gate thing. Since when does The Rock have notes on his wrist?

Total work... It was well done acting by The Rock.

Jordan
02-29-2012, 12:50 PM
PREDICTION

Cena get's several "legs" up on The Rock, he get's heat on him big time in the coming weeks to to Mania. However, at Mania The Rock does something dastardly to end the match and beat John Cena, something so dastardly even his own Samoan cousins couldn't "Smell What he is Cooking".

Then the next night Cena challenges Rocky to Rasslemania 29 in New Jersey.

Blakeamus
02-29-2012, 01:26 PM
I totally understand that. I get why the references are there. I just think the Twitter thing is over the top as a whole in the WWE which seems to be the consensus for most people. I also am just waiting for The Rock to get real and tear Cena apart.

From what I thought was going on this past Monday night, and from what I have read from new sites about giving Cena the upper hand to atttempt to split 50/50 on the crowd, I don't see WWE giving Rock the greenlight to get real and tear apart their Golden Boy.

El Fangel
02-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Prediction: The Rock enters the ring. Cena lays down.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-29-2012, 01:49 PM
I wonder who Triple H is rooting for in this match.

Juan
02-29-2012, 02:40 PM

They stole the news from F4Wonline.com

Anybody Thrilla
02-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Why is The Fraze getting so bent out of shape here?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Well I'm no psychiatrist, but I would wager it has something to do with his favorite wrestler being made to look like a punk bitch. Perhaps you missed the segment on this week's WWE Monday Night Raw.

St. Jimmy
02-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Cena is awesome. Rock sucks.

Anybody Thrilla
02-29-2012, 07:35 PM
It irks me that people want to shit on Cena's mic skills. He was the Doctor of Thuganomics after all.

Kane Knight
02-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Why is The Fraze getting so bent out of shape here?

Pro wrestling is serious business, of course.

Kane Knight
02-29-2012, 07:49 PM
It irks me that people want to shit on Cena's mic skills. He was the Doctor of Thuganomics after all.

His doctorate required minimal English prerequisites and didn't even require him to defend his dissertation.

#1-norm-fan
02-29-2012, 08:06 PM
He is however officially qualified to teach thuganomics so... ya know... NOT EXACTLY CHOPPED LIVER.

SammyG
02-29-2012, 10:09 PM
So, definitely have been following this feud, I don't know if it's just me, but it really appears Cena is shitting on Rock every time. Definitely hope Cena goes over at Mania.

#1-norm-fan
02-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Don't let certain people hear you say that.

... but yeah, pretty much.

Kane Knight
02-29-2012, 11:25 PM
He is however officially qualified to teach thuganomics so... ya know... NOT EXACTLY CHOPPED LIVER.

I hear his background in Thuganomics may actually be a myth perpetuated by WWE.

More lies in pro wrestling.

Rock Bottom
02-29-2012, 11:29 PM
Source: The Wrestling Observer

It was the WWE’s intention for John Cena to get the upper-hand in his feud with The Rock on RAW. What Cena said, how long he spoke and The Rock’s reaction were all part of the plan.

Many in WWE still believe, however, that Cena pointing out The Rock’s crib notes on his wrist was not scripted and something The Rock didn’t expect.

WWE officials want the crowd to be split 50/50 at Wrestlemania 28 in Miami, which will require Cena to look stronger leading up to it in order to get the crowd on his side.

I saw that too, but I don't know how much I buy into it

o wait I do

because Rock > Cena

You wanna call The Rock a punk bitch?

You're a Supreme Asshole

by the way, trending worldwide, Supreme Asshole

Rock Bottom
02-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Rock bet his hollywood pals that he could make a crowd chant "kung pow bitch" and he won it

Rock Bottom
02-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Cena should bet his friends that he can make a crowd chant "cena sucks"

Rock Bottom
02-29-2012, 11:31 PM
that way he'd have a really lot of money

#1-norm-fan
02-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Meh. I don't think he's struggling financially.

#1-norm-fan
02-29-2012, 11:37 PM
by the way, trending worldwide, Supreme Asshole

I don't completely believe you... but I'm too lazy to check, so I pretty much have to. :o

Supreme Olajuwon
02-29-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm skeptical. BRB lemme check.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-29-2012, 11:42 PM
It's trending, but it's only 7th on the list. So not really that impressive. It's just below #classicAfricanMovies.

#1-norm-fan
02-29-2012, 11:44 PM
And #UglyBabyNames

#1-norm-fan
02-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Dwayne #UglyBabyNames

#1-norm-fan
Oops. Meant to post that on twitter. My bad.

Supreme Olajuwon
For the record, I never said I believe the Rock is a punk bitch. I was just saying the Rock resembled a punk bitch on WWE Monday Night Raw.

#1-norm-fan
02-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Rock is a punk bitch

Supreme Olajuwon
02-29-2012, 11:46 PM
And as people repping the Rock have clearly pointed out, Cena making the Rock look like a punk bitch was just for pretends. It wasn't real.

#1-norm-fan
02-29-2012, 11:47 PM
For reals.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-29-2012, 11:48 PM
btw if WWE wanted a 50/50 reaction for this match, proooooooobably shouldn't hold it in Miami

#justsayin

Supreme Olajuwon
02-29-2012, 11:50 PM
I hear Creative is already at work getting a 50/50 crowd reaction for that Bret/Shawn rematch in Montreal next month.

Kane Knight
02-29-2012, 11:50 PM
For the record, I never said I believe the Rock is a punk bitch. I was just saying the Rock resembled a punk bitch on WWE Monday Night Raw.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-29-2012, 11:54 PM
DISCUSSION TOPIC #4 or 5

Do you think Creative intentionally made the Rock write on his arm so that Cena could make him look like a punk bitch over something ridiculous because they were afraid Cena might use one of the things from the Rock's real life that actually makes him a punk bitch?

#1-norm-fan
02-29-2012, 11:57 PM
DISCUSSION TOPIC #4 or 5

...the Rock... look like a punk bitch... because... the Rock's... actually... a punk bitch...

I too would like people's thoughts on this.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Does he look like a bitch, #1-wwf-fan?

DLVH84
03-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Rock's going to kick Cena's candy ass, plain and simple.

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Does he look like a bitch, #1-wwf-fan?

An interesting question. If we go back to the video on Raw, there are clear instances where you see definite punk bitch tendencies. Notice the eyes after Cena has left. Thanks to a great shot by the camera man there clearly seems to be a lot of "I'm a punk bitch" radiating from his face at that moment.

I'd be interested to see an extensive family tree. Maybe find out if punk bitch runs in his family.

Kane Knight
03-01-2012, 12:15 AM
DISCUSSION TOPIC #4 or 5

Do you think Creative intentionally made the Rock write on his arm so that Cena could make him look like a punk bitch over something ridiculous because they were afraid Cena might use one of the things from the Rock's real life that actually makes him a punk bitch?

Yeah, sounds good.

Rock Bottom
03-01-2012, 12:32 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QpswBeYiW0o/TdYwUpo7Z-I/AAAAAAAALo4/-59uHrZtlCY/s1600/the-rock-bottom-john-cena.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/586/603/RockBottom_display_image.jpg?1321856039

http://www.thevictoryformation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/wm-Cena-Rock.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RXIoxFA_6Ig/Tsw1Q-EZVtI/AAAAAAAAFNU/s38YNOxD1W0/s1600/20111120_sseries_rock_cena_rock_bottom_l2.jpg

http://blastmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/rockbottom.jpg

http://www.gamernode.com/wp-content/uploads/wwe_allstars_screenshot71277136049.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg/250px-Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOngKKsO-MXAi60z8S5s537RG9yvJtOBsvjeRriYnXQO2ndpFz

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1_96WVWf8PXO6o12Wi6myBApMrvfX_3zdSnN7WnHjd56MgUcZ

RISE ABOVE THAT YOU FUCKING BITCH!

Destor
03-01-2012, 12:35 AM
oh hai geyes. ive got somes news infos to troll you with:

rantings for raw were down this week.

what does this tell us?

nothing you souldnt already know... the rock doesnt bring in a new audience. why?

because hes not an outside influance. his audience is already watching the damn show.

want some more obvious observations? movies that arent kids movies that have the rock as a lead tank these days because the wrestling audience (i.e. his entire fanbase) couldnt give a shit less. so what does this tell us? he needs to endear himself to the only fanbase thats every cared about him to keep his career afloat. spoiler: its not gonna work they arent even tuning in for his return after a 7 year layoff...but he can still squeeze a few years out of muscular villains once his deal with disney expires.

good chance we will get a few more desperation returns tho so hooray for catchphases...seriously hoped that trend was gone forever...

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2012, 12:40 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg/250px-Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOngKKsO-MXAi60z8S5s537RG9yvJtOBsvjeRriYnXQO2ndpFz

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1_96WVWf8PXO6o12Wi6myBApMrvfX_3zdSnN7WnHjd56MgUcZ

RISE ABOVE THAT YOU FUCKING BITCH!

Are you threatening terrorist activities on Rock's behalf?

PRETTY BANWORTHY! JUST SAYIN'!

Kane Knight
03-01-2012, 09:05 AM

what does this tell us?

nothing you souldnt already know... the rock doesnt bring in a new audience. why?

because hes not an outside influance. his audience is already watching the damn show.

want some more obvious observations? movies that arent kids movies that have the rock as a lead tank these days because the wrestling audience (i.e. his entire fanbase) couldnt give a shit less. so what does this tell us? he needs to endear himself to the only fanbase thats every cared about him to keep his career afloat. spoiler: its not gonna work they arent even tuning in for his return after a 7 year layoff...but he can still squeeze a few years out of muscular villains once his deal with disney expires.

good chance we will get a few more desperation returns tho so hooray for catchphases...seriously hoped that trend was gone forever...

I've mentioned this once before, but ratings are down in general over the last couple months. This is the one time of the year when WWE can normally count on a ratings rise, no matter how little or temporary.

Innovator
03-01-2012, 09:17 AM
I've mentioned this once before, but ratings are down in general over the last couple months. This is the one time of the year when WWE can normally count on a ratings rise, no matter how little or temporary.

What's even worse is that the 2nd hour lost viewers when they hyped the Rock all show.

Kane Knight
03-01-2012, 10:09 AM
What's even worse is that the 2nd hour lost viewers when they hyped the Rock all show.

Wooooooow

Supreme Olajuwon
03-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Is that Kane Knight post sarcastic? I can't tell. But I'm going to assume it is.

Because as we all know, Kane Knight is to sarcasm what The Rock is to punk bitchery.

Next Big Thing
03-01-2012, 11:10 AM

what does this tell us?

I've always felt this way when people try to say "Celebrity X" is going to bring in ratings or this guy from the Attitude era is going to bring back old fans. Wrestling stars may have crossover appeal into movies, sports, television, etc... but wrestling in this current incarnation does not and it gets proven time and time again.

Find the thread where David Otunga was going to be great for ratings because he was married to Jennifer Hudson and fans of hers would tune in. That turned out to be true right? Look at the Mania numbers with Floyd Mayweather (who does a million PPV buys on his own when he fights) and see the same thing. They were actually lower than the year before.

Fans who saw the Rock in Fast Five, fans of Floyd Mayweather as a boxer, fans of Jennifer Hudson, fans of Snooki, fans of (insert celebrity guest host here) who aren't wrestling fans at heart or familiar with the product aren't going to sit through 2 hours of Raw or pay $50 for a PPV just to watch their favorite athlete or celebrity be on the screen for 15 minutes and the stagnant ratings number and PPV buys show that. Peeps should stop assuming otherwise. The product as a whole needs to have broader appeal if the WWE expects to capitalize from such "celebrities."

Rock Bottom
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
If The Rock, Steve Austin, Triple H, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker made full-on returns and formed a stable called "The Baseball Bat Mother Fuckers" people would tune back in

Kane Knight
03-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Is that Kane Knight post sarcastic?

there was absolutely no reason to assume that, but okay, whatever floats your boat.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Is that Kane Knight post sarcastic? I can't tell. But I'm going to assume it is.

Volare
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Fuck it, time to post awesome Rocky moments to cheer us all up.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4DzvaJF8m0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4DzvaJF8m0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Kane Knight
03-01-2012, 04:16 PM

That's pretty reasonable.

Volare
03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
This thread has been 4:20ed :)

Sting Fan
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Just watched this promo... It really felt pretty directionless from Rocky until Cena had left. It's almost like if Cena hadn't come pout and fired him up he had nowhere to go with that promo.

Also I gotta be honest I don't get this trending shit. How does something trend on Twitter? Does it need to be mentioned by a certain total percentage of Twitter users? Or just people who subscribe to a certain twitter? Is there a way to see whats trending and how it ranks vs. Other words and sayings trending?

Rock Bottom
03-02-2012, 06:47 PM
twitter is like the rock and john cena trying to measure their cocks 2gether

Rock Bottom
03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
the wwe is all involved with twitter and stuff so thats like a "stat" in wrestling like batting average in baseball

Damndirty
03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Fuck it, time to post awesome Rocky moments to cheer us all up.

<EMBED height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/P4DzvaJF8m0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">

Oh God! Rock was a fucking classic in those times! How did we get to the tiring promos we do nowadays?

Rock Bottom
03-02-2012, 06:49 PM
like if u bought the rock baseball card it would say 2,194,947 followers and john cenas could say 1,593,310 followes it sdoesnt make the rock betetr than him though just because his is higher than john cena's

Rock Bottom
03-02-2012, 06:50 PM
i mean u could come back wit the john cena is 12 time champ argument but then i hit u with the that just means john cena has lost the title more time we could go on 4 ever so right now i just want to say if you're a john cena fan go fuck yourself and keep away from me

Sting Fan
03-02-2012, 06:51 PM
the wwe is all involved with twitter and stuff so thats like a "stat" in wrestling like batting average in baseball

What?

That makes no fucking sense, I have never watched a game of Baseball in my life but I'm pretty sure I could hazard a guess at how batting Avg works.

Can you explain how trending is calculated? Thats all I'm looking for.

Sting Fan
03-02-2012, 06:55 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/9/29/c2ed6597-a02b-4012-920a-85083dea5fc4.jpg

Jura
03-02-2012, 07:00 PM
<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mV1pkOv5DY0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mV1pkOv5DY0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

#1-norm-fan
03-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Can you explain how trending is calculated? Thats all I'm looking for.

Nothing crazy scientific. If something is trending, it just means it's one of the most mentioned words/phrases on twitter at the time. It literally just means it is trending at the moment.

#1-norm-fan
03-02-2012, 07:33 PM
So when Raw is on, people talk about it on twitter and words or phrases get mentioned a LOT. Since it's monday night at 9 and there probably isn't a lot more going on that so many people are talking about, things tend to trend from it.

Like "Kung pao bitch" because people are saying things like "Kung pao bitch... damn that was fucking retarded, Rock."

Damndirty
03-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I've said on numerous occasions that Punk overdid it too. He absolutely buried Nash in their encounter and it wasn't necessary.

If (and that's a big if in my opinion), but if Cena did shoot on the Rock writing certain lines on his wrist so he could memorize them, it would be unprofessional because there's no reason to reveal that other than to bury/embarrass the Rock. Don't you think that would be a secret best left in the locker room? It would also be a desperate attempt at being provocative at the expense of Rock in hopes for a cheap pop from the crowd. Again, I don't think the Rock would have trouble memorizing a 15 minute monologue, so I'm not saying that's the case, but if it was, there would be anything "daft" about saying it would be a bullshit move by Cena.

I don't think the business has developed that way either and if it did, it's not a good thing that should continue. Guys exposing each others flaws and pissing on their accomplishments makes the whole product look weak. There's a reason why JBL chewed Miz and Morrison's ass for burying Punk on commentary. It doesn't matter whether it's Punk on Nash, Cena calling Del Rio the third wheel when has was champion, Ziggler on Swagger, etc... There's no reason to go outside the gimmick or storyline in that manner.

These guys are paid to take shit and make shit, if they don't like it, then they should've never came to WWE. Besides, this is nowhere near as controversial as Cole talking shit to Lawler concerning the death of his mother, making fun of JR's palsy, or burying the entire diva division (though we probably do agree with him on that one). Rock and Cena are being professional and aren't even playing it off as shocking material, Cole was being a desperate lil shitball and really crossed the line one too many times just to make people hate him.

#1-norm-fan
03-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Easy solution, don't throw guys in situations they shouldn't be in. People think Cena calling del Rio the 3rd wheel was shitty because he WAS the 3rd wheel and they think it shouldn't have been mentioned. If del Rio had called Cena the 3rd wheel, do you think anyone would even remember it now? Fixing shitty booking kinda fixes that problem instantly. Don't blame guys for saying what everyone watching is thinking. Blame the writers for giving them reason to think that.

Sting Fan
03-02-2012, 08:07 PM
So even if half the world thought Rocks promo was the drizzly shits so long as they mention the word it trends... Thats a good way to gauge how popular something is :(

#1-norm-fan
03-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Pretty much.

Rock Bottom
03-02-2012, 11:48 PM
sting fan how does batting average work

Sting Fan
03-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Amount of hits from times at up at bat?

Rock Bottom
03-03-2012, 12:21 AM
u sure put the "hazard" in guess bud

#1-norm-fan
03-03-2012, 12:41 AM
He's pretty much right...

#1-norm-fan
03-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Or were you just prepared to be a dick and say that regardless of how he answered?

Sting Fan
03-03-2012, 12:52 AM
He's pretty much right...

YEAH SEE!!! KUNG PAO CHICKEN BITCH!!!

:shifty:

I was trending on Monday... :shifty:

#1-norm-fan
03-03-2012, 12:58 AM
I assume you were right. It was poorly worded but I think I got what you meant and I gave you the benefit of the doubt because Rock Bottom sounded like a prick... :shifty:

Sting Fan
03-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Yeah I don't really care if I'm right. I'm really just in it for the fact I seem to be annoying him now.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-03-2012, 01:12 AM
From PWInsider:

STING FAN BEING FED LINES IN FEUD WITH ROCK BOTTOM
By Mike Johnson on 2012-03-03 00:23:17

PWInsider.com has confirmed that the bitter verbal showdown between Sting Fan and Rock Bottom was in fact a planned part of the storyline. Creative is intentionally building up Sting Fan while making Rock Bottom look bad in an effort to boost buyrates for their upcoming showdown.

Sting Fan
03-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Pfft I wont believe it until I see it somewhere reputable...

Supreme Olajuwon
03-03-2012, 01:16 AM
From NoDQ.com:

STING FAN BEING FED LINES IN FEUD WITH ROCK BOTTOM
By NoDQ.com on 2012-03-03 00:23:17

NoDQ.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned that the bitter verbal showdown between Sting Fan and Rock Bottom was in fact a planned part of the storyline. Creative is intentionally building up Sting Fan while making Rock Bottom look bad in an effort to boost buyrates for their upcoming showdown.

Sting Fan
03-03-2012, 01:25 AM
From NoDQ.com:

100% LINK (PHOTOS): Velvet Sky Tweets Hot New ASS Pic Of Herself! **HOLY SH*T**!!

Now I have no choice but to beleive it :naughty:

#1-norm-fan
03-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Makes sense. I was actually wondering why Rock Bottom was starting to look like a punk bitch.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-03-2012, 01:41 AM
DISCUSSION TOPIC #5

Are you reppin Sting Fan or Rock Bottom?

The Fraze
03-03-2012, 02:28 AM
<object height="480" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mV1pkOv5DY0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="480" width="640"></object>

Raw in San Jose, boom.

Mr. C
03-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Back on topic, I’d prefer Cena to cave Rock’s head in with a chair. At least then when he wins, the company will be capitalizing on the heat he’ll get at the end of WrestleMania.

Kane Knight
03-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I assume you were right. It was poorly worded but I think I got what you meant and I gave you the benefit of the doubt because Rock Bottom sounded like a prick... :shifty:

Sounded like?

Pfft I wont believe it until I see it somewhere reputable...

Does the Ruse Report count?

Jura
03-03-2012, 06:24 PM
http://p.twimg.com/Af_YIP4CEAMrQxV.jpg:large

#1-norm-fan
03-03-2012, 06:44 PM
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/predictions-toothfairy-431x300.jpg

Kane Knight
03-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm repping Stong fan, because Rock Bottom said untrue things in a wrestling promo.

Sting Fan
03-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Does the Ruse Report count?

More reputable than PWinsider...

Rock Bottom
03-03-2012, 09:58 PM
UR GUYS REALLY SMART LOL

Supreme Olajuwon
03-04-2012, 01:09 AM
http://rawmultimedia.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dwayne-johnson-the-rock-x.jpg

#1-norm-fan
03-04-2012, 01:31 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-zJa73tWFq8/Sbnj4Urv-UI/AAAAAAAACwQ/AaPjHJ6-8q0/s400/dwaynejohnson.jpg

Supreme Olajuwon
03-04-2012, 01:33 AM
I think my pic is pre breast reduction surgery

look at that tit