PDA

View Full Version : More likely to lose the title first - Punk or Sheamus

Emperor Smeat
06-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Simple question, between Punk and Sheamus who looses their title first and is the person who wins the title the winner from this year's Money in the Bank or someone else?

For stats comparisons, Punk is currently over 213 days into his reign which has been the longest since 2008 and double the size of Miz's reign in 2010.

Sheamus is currently over 79 days into his reign but the last couple of recent big reigns for his belt has been in the 75 to 105 day range.

Big Vic
06-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Tough call but I am going to say Sheamus....unless Cena wants the title again.

#1-norm-fan
06-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't see any way they let Cena take the title off Punk. All the work they've been doing to try to get the crowd completely behind Cena would be down the drain.

There's so little competition right now though. I'd base my guess on who has the most competition on their brand but the brand split officially doesn't matter anymore so I guess I'll just go with who is the least over between the two and who has the least invested in them by the company. That would be Sheamus.

XCaliber
06-20-2012, 04:43 PM
My gut tells me Sheamus will most likely drop it first to Wade Barrett @ Summerslam via cash-in.

Nicky Fives
06-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Punk.....

Droford
06-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Pthey were hyping on raw that punk had held the belt for a long time. punk will prob lose to big show before they find someone on sd worth taking the belt off Sheamus.

Graveler
06-20-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm gonna say Punk loses the title to a returning Wade Barrett

Savio
06-20-2012, 05:23 PM
IMO Punk should have never lost the title since MITB 2011

K.Smoke
06-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I gotta go with Sheamus losing it to Dolph Ziggler.

#1-norm-fan
06-20-2012, 06:07 PM
IMO Punk should have never lost the title since MITB 2011

This. Losing it and taking it back did nothing long term for del Rio or Punk. He could be going on a one year title reign right now.

Droford
06-20-2012, 06:12 PM
i think they need to bump Cody rhodes up to the whc title picture on sd, id prefer him win mitb over ziggler or barrett

#1-norm-fan
06-20-2012, 06:17 PM
God no. If any of the younger guys are ready for the main event scene, it would be Ziggler. If you wanna build your future stars, you let them build to it naturally. If you wanna build your future Jack Swagger, you throw the title on them too soon as a way to try to rush getting them over.

Corporate CockSnogger
06-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't think they'll give Barrett the title straight from coming back off an injury, but I'd say he's a good bet for winning next years rumble, unless of course that's the route they're gonna go to give The Rock the title. So I can definitely see Cody getting the nod for the smackdown MitB and challenging Sheamus.

I think Cena will probably come back into the title hunt soonish, because with Triple H v Lesnar taking the main event at Summerslam I'm not too sure what else there would be for Cena to do outside of a title match.

#1-norm-fan
06-20-2012, 06:25 PM
I think Cena will probably come back into the title hunt soonish, because with Triple H v Lesnar taking the main event at Summerslam I'm not too sure what else there would be for Cena to do outside of a title match.

I said this in another thread but I want Brock to come back and start beating up and manhandling officials again. Then Triple H says "Just so you don't think you can beat up the refs like you did at Extreme Rules, I've decided to sign a special referee for our match whom, if history is any indication, you'll have a little tougher time keeping down." ... and cue John Cena.

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-20-2012, 06:33 PM
This. Losing it and taking it back did nothing long term for del Rio or Punk. He could be going on a one year title reign right now.

Gave Punk a pretty big Survivor Series moment taking the title match. Winning the title back in a big four ppv. So, I wouldn't say it didn't do anything.

I think Punk loses it first just because of the length of his reign has been pretty big anyways.

Droford
06-20-2012, 06:45 PM
God no. If any of the younger guys are ready for the main event scene, it would be Ziggler. If you wanna build your future stars, you let them build to it naturally. If you wanna build your future Jack Swagger, you throw the title on them too soon as a way to try to rush getting them over.
sd is floundering around as it us..might as well go for it..Orton will be back which ses up a nice Orton/Rhodes feud fir the belt..

im almost wondering if there will be seperate brand mitb macges because neither brand has enough people to fill even 6 spots without scraping near the bottom of the barrel

#1-norm-fan
06-20-2012, 06:54 PM
"Might as well" is a bad way to book someone. Cody fits well in that upper-midcard/IC title scene right now. He's not main event level. Barrett seems closer to that level but even then, he's got a lot of consistent good booking and staying healthy before I would want him there. Putting the title on either one of those two soon keeps bringing the title down while making another Jack Swagger who already reached the peak and now he just floats through aimlessly.

Droford
06-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Cody would play the role of heel with briefcase well..he wouldnt have to cash in immediately

#1-norm-fan
06-20-2012, 07:06 PM
I mean... I'm all for letting guys like that flirt with the main event. Even get a title shot. I was more just speaking to being against him actually getting the title. Cody winning MITB, cashing in and losing would be fine.

Stuff like that is the reason I think they need to not do the whole "Cash in at literally any time" idea. You could put guys over much more by making it so that they have to announce when they're going for the title in advance and actually going for the title in a legit match. Treat it more like a Royal Rumble type thing.

Cody winning the MITB and then facing Sheamus for the title, pulling the tights only for Sheamus to kick out, putting his feet on the ropes and Sheamus kicks out again, hitting him with the briefcase and Sheamus still kicks out until Cody gets so frustrated and makes a mistake allowing Sheamus to hit a brogue kick and win would do wonders for Cody. Sheamus too, actually.

It would be way better than just throwing the title on him and hoping he somehow magically gets over with it.

Damndirty
06-20-2012, 07:07 PM
I said this in another thread but I want Brock to come back and start beating up and manhandling officials again. Then Triple H says "Just so you don't think you can beat up the refs like you did at Extreme Rules, I've decided to sign a special referee for our match whom, if history is any indication, you'll have a little tougher time keeping down." ... and cue Alistair Overeem.

Phenomenal 1
06-20-2012, 07:59 PM
sd is floundering around as it us..might as well go for it..Orton will be back which ses up a nice Orton/Rhodes feud fir the belt..

im almost wondering if there will be seperate brand mitb macges because neither brand has enough people to fill even 6 spots without scraping near the bottom of the barrel

how would each brand not have enough spots to fill 6 people for a separate match?? you have two major stars coming off suspension before money in the bank.

Chris Jericho's 30 days suspension is up on Friday and Rey Mysterio comes off suspension on on June 25th. Both of them are sure fire spots for money in the bank you can assume.

I can already tell you its setting up like this probably:

Smackdown MITB Match:

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes vs Christian vs Sin Cara vs Alberto Del Rio vs Daniel Bryan

Raw MITB Match:

Chris Jericho vs Kane vs Rey Mysterio vs Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger

Reason I say Daniel Bryan in the match is because I think they are gonna push away from the Kane/Bryan/CM Punk fued and Big Show/Cena seems to be over considering that Big Show announced on SD tapings this week he's entering SD MITB Match.

I could see them doing a rematch between Cena and and Punk from last year and it would be interesting to see Sheamus vs a returning Mark Henry cause he's do back in shortly.

The Whole F'n Show
06-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Sheamoose is dropping it first

Ruien
06-20-2012, 09:38 PM
The dirtsheets say CM Punk is dropping it soon! So it is him of course. We know that these things never turn out to be false.

Nicky Fives
06-20-2012, 09:46 PM
It would make more sense for Barrett to cash in MITB on Sheamus, but I just don't see it happening.....

Wake Up Call
06-21-2012, 12:48 AM
I think Sheamus.

CM Punk is the perfect guy to be a second string main eventer. The main event guys don't need the title to get bigger. I am talking of coarse about Cena, Show, Lesnar, ect..

Punk could keep the title for the next year, without ever touching the main event of a pay per view, and it wouldn't bother me one bit.