PDA

View Full Version : Could he actually do it? *RAW SPOILER*

Tazz Dan
03-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Could CM Punk actually be the one to end Undertaker's streak? I, like many others don't believe it should ever end, but this is the first year I've actually felt like it could happen. With Punks historic title run, a win over Taker could push him to a place very few have been able to reach and could potentially cement him as one of the all time greats when his career is over, and I don't know if Vince or Taker himself would be against giving him 'the rub'.

As a fan, I hope Taker is able to bring it as I think the two of the could pull of an awesome match. Thoughts? Discuss :)

*DISCLAIMER* Gertner, I know you dislike CM Punk, because he's a vanilla midget and worst drawing champion of yada yada yada and all the rest. So now we've got that out of the way, can we please be civil. Cheers.

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Punk ending Taker's streak would bankrupt the company. He's done enough damage drawing 2.7 ratings as World Champion. The people who would be happy are his fat pig fans who stream PPV's instead of paying for them so they can spend more money on ice cream and chicken.
Catering to FBDV is a horrible business move. Heck, ROH can't even do a proper iPPV

Tazz Dan
03-05-2013, 01:03 AM
Ok, now Gertner has officially had his say, what does everyone else think?

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2013, 01:03 AM
They should have Ryback do it. You know, someone who doesn't look like a homeless crackhead and can actually wrestle Taker and make it look believable.

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2013, 01:04 AM
BTW, pretty sad that they had to book Punk in a 4-way this week because 1 wrestler wasn't enough to carry him through an entertaining match.

Lock Jaw
03-05-2013, 01:04 AM
I don't know if Vince or Taker himself would be against giving him 'the rub'.

Conversely, I could see them being all for it, but CM Punk being the one to say that the streak should be kept intact.

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Heath Slater really showed this week that it's now time for the 3MB to break through the glass ceiling and defeat Taker.

Graveler
No, I don't think he will and he shouldn't. Let Taker retire with the streak.

Tazz Dan
Conversely, I could see them being all for it, but CM Punk being the one to say that the streak should be kept intact.

That is also a very good point.

Tazz Dan
03-05-2013, 01:07 AM
No, I don't think he will and he shouldn't. Let Taker retire with the streak.

This isn't about whether he should or shouldn't. Although I do agree that he should remain undefeated now. The question is COULD he?

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Punk couldn't because despite having honour, integrity and respect, he does not possess the fighting spirit necessary.

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2013, 01:10 AM
It's gonna be amazing watching CM Punk lose 3 straight PPV matches. Guy should be a JTTS tagging with Ryder against Clay and Sweet T in a losing effort.

Graveler
03-05-2013, 01:17 AM
This isn't about whether he should or shouldn't. Although I do agree that he should remain undefeated now. The question is COULD he?

It's a possibility. One I don't want to see.

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Punk shouldn't win because Graveler is a black.

Lock Jaw
03-05-2013, 01:25 AM
The question is COULD he?

Anything COULD happen.

3MB could team-up and injure Punk so Heath Slater takes his place, and then Heath beats Undertaker at Wrestlemania and Gertner has heart attack, but dies a happy man.

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Slater hit Taker with the Smash Hit despite Mahal and Drew turning on Heath midway through the match. Bam, monster heel created.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Heath Slater is fucking incredible.

Also, I could see CM Punk doing it and rubbing it in everyone's faces. If The Undertaker were feeling this is his last match, I could see him giving Punk that honour (he wouldn't be working with him if he didn't think he was good enough). I personally see The Undertaker going over, but in a hell of a match that continues to reluctantly force respect upon Punk, even though he hates the fans.

dronepool
03-05-2013, 01:45 AM
I think he could.

Rammsteinmad
03-05-2013, 04:32 AM
I'd love to see the streak end just for the novelty of it, but it never will, and I certainly don't think it'll be CM Punk that does it.

However, for the added "threat factor" of CM Punk, since nothing could really be bigger than Triple H in Hell in a Cell with Shawn Michaels as a referee, I really hope the Shield get involved in this match somehow, so that it really looks once-and-for-all that The Undertaker has met his match.

Wishbone
03-05-2013, 04:33 AM
He could, but I'm not really seeing things the way you are. Honestly the whole fatal 4 way thing sorta killed the momentum that the whole thing could have had. Now it just seems forced you know? Best thing they could have done would have been for Punk to complain about his loss to Cena only to have the GONG hit and Taker be the one to challenge Punk not the other way around. But meh, I digress.

I also totally agree that the streak should stay intact and that Punk would probably be the first person in WWE to agree with that.

Droford
03-05-2013, 04:37 AM
I saw Goldberg's streak end..I'm gonna see taker's streak end...or not

Fignuts
03-05-2013, 04:44 AM
I agree with Wishbone. Kind of a shitty way to start what should be an epic build up.

Joesgonnakillyou
03-05-2013, 06:43 AM
The streak shouldn't and won't end. I'm just concerned after 2 matches with HBK and 2 with HHH, this match can't really be in the same league

whiteyford
03-05-2013, 07:02 AM
I don't think it should ever end, don't think it makes any sense to really, but if it were to end I think it would have to be someone younger, Punks said himself he doesn't think he'll be around all that much longer and if you're giving someone the rub of ending the streak it has to be somebody who can build on it for the long term, somebody with another decade or so left.

That man's Bo Dallas :shifty:

Evil Vito
03-05-2013, 07:03 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I see zero chance this is Taker's last match. Not at WM 29. I think he'll stick it out for one more year to retire at WrestleMania 30. Hopefully we'd finally get Taker/Cena next year.</font>

Shisen Kopf
03-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Punk should go train for a month with the greatest rassler ever, Bret Hart, he'll win for sure.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-05-2013, 07:21 AM
There's really no reason for Punk to end it. He already has the longest title reign of the modern era. Plus, Punk has been pretty forthcoming that he's going to retire within the next 5 years. IF the streak ever ends, it needs to be someone who can actually benefit from it, and who won't drop the ball with it either.

Shisen Kopf
03-05-2013, 07:38 AM
There's really no reason for Punk to end it. He already has the longest title reign of the modern era. Plus, Punk has been pretty forthcoming that he's going to retire within the next 5 years. IF the streak ever ends, it needs to be someone who can actually benefit from it, and who won't drop the ball with it either.

FAN-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAN-GOOOOO

Nicky Fives
03-05-2013, 07:40 AM
love Punk, but no one should end the streak.....

#1-norm-fan
03-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Triple H had a better shot at ending it last year than Punk does. And Triple H had virtually no shot. So no...

Cena next year on the other hand...

#1-norm-fan
03-05-2013, 07:44 AM
He could, but I'm not really seeing things the way you are. Honestly the whole fatal 4 way thing sorta killed the momentum that the whole thing could have had.

Yeah. It did give it a crazy generic feel.

#1-norm-fan
03-05-2013, 07:52 AM
I'd love to see the streak end just for the novelty of it, but it never will, and I certainly don't think it'll be CM Punk that does it.

This is why I think the streak HAS to end. Taker's always gonna have his legacy and the legacy of the streak regardless. Even if it ends at 21-0, that stretch will be a huge legacy he'll carry with him forever. It isn't really that big of a deal for it to never end in the long run.

The moment of someone beating The Undertaker at WrestleMania though would automatically be one of the most monumental moments in the history of pro wrestling. To just forgo that instant, easy HUGE event would be insane.

#1-norm-fan
03-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Which is also why I'm well over "The streak should be used to put someone over". At this point, it is just about a "WrestleMania moment". Maybe THE WrestleMania moment. Let a guy like Cena have it. He may never be looked at as the same level as Austin or Rock but he'll have a feat in his career that pretty much dwarfs any single moment in their career.

MoFo
03-05-2013, 08:58 AM
:lol: Tazz Dan you so crazy :lol:

Hall of Famers HBK & Edge couldn't do it, HHH couldn't do it x3, 16 TIME world champ Ric Flair couldn't do it, big steroid monster huge guy Batista couldn't do it, what sense would it make to give it to some scrawny indy guy nobody cares about?

Schlomey
03-05-2013, 09:25 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. As a huge CM Punk fan I would love to say yes but the damage it would cause WWE would outweigh the positive mainly because Punk has already stated he is retiring/leaving in the next couple years.

To be honest, last time Punk/Taker feuded in 2010 (i think) I wasn't that impressed.....but that wasn't Mania..It was a throwaway Hell In A Cell and like 1 actually decent match.

I assume both men will bring it and it will be considered a good match but I cannot see it reaching heights that HBK and HHH did.

Taker wins and takes another year off......

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-05-2013, 09:33 AM
He should lose the streak so people will stop hounding him to do WrestleMania every year everywhere he goes.

It might as well be the Best in The World who ends the streak.

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Exactly, so Ryback should end the streak.

The Condor
03-05-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm on the fence, because the kick start to the whole thing is garbage, would've been easy just to have Punk start it on the mic without the 3 other guys in a mediocre match. As for the streak, I think if he is coming back next year it stays intact. However, that's what the outcome of THIS match depends on and we can't know if he's coming back so UT probably takes it but I expect a good match probably somewhere between the last 2 UT-HHH matches.

Kane Knight
03-05-2013, 10:13 AM
The question is COULD he?

Could one man beat another man in a fake sport?

Absolutely.

The reality is, he's probably not going to, just like the last few guys people thought would break the streak.

The bigger reality is it'd be damn foolish for the streak to end in the current hole WWE's in in terms of viewers. Not that they'd never do that for someone they like as much as Punk, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't be a bad idea. End the streak to literally the smallest audience in decades.

Now, I know Wrestlemania is going to be huge, and probably exceed prior mania's. But that will happen regardless of whether Punk wins the title, breaks the streak, our outpops DX. The next week, however, it's back to business as usual, and we're back to normal viewers and bragging about that streak-ending will seem awful....Small.

(This also applies to everyone else in the company)

HTrain90
03-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Could CM Punk actually be the one to end Undertaker's streak? I, like many others don't believe it should ever end, but this is the first year I've actually felt like it could happen. With Punks historic title run, a win over Taker could push him to a place very few have been able to reach and could potentially cement him as one of the all time greats when his career is over, and I don't know if Vince or Taker himself would be against giving him 'the rub'.

As a fan, I hope Taker is able to bring it as I think the two of the could pull of an awesome match. Thoughts? Discuss :)

I think it depends on the build, but I can definitely see myself watching WM and having my belief suspended, because Punk is THAT good in the ring.

I remain convinced that no one should end the streak. Ever. It's a rub that no one deserves and it entirely too risky to give someone for a number of reasons. But if there are two guys that it would make sense, Cena is #1 and Punk is #2. They're both going to be around for a long time and will be at the top of the card, and beating Taker suddenly vaults them among the all-time greats, next to the likes of Austin, Hogan, Michaels, Hitman, etc.

On a side note, Punk defeating Taker would NOT bankrupt the company. that's ridiculous and hyperbolic. While I can agree with some things Gertner says (particularly that Punk doesn't have much mainstream appeal, which is ABSOLUTELY true), to suggest that Punk is trash is ridiculous. Punk reminds me a lot of Shawn Michaels in 1996 - he's the top guy at a time when wrestling wasn't the "in" thing that it once was, and Punk was tearing the house down every night to ensure the house shows drew and to keep the die hards in the seats. Will Punk ever have mainstream appeal? Probably not, because the guys that do (Hogan, Austin, Cena, and now The Rock) have storylines that go outside the scope of wrestling or simply are larger than life cartoon characters. Punk will never be either of these things. But that doesn't preclude the fact that he's laying the foundation to be this generation's HBK - the best in-ring performer of this generation. If he can stay healthy, he's got a shot to be the closest thing to HBK in terms of in-ring prowess and productivity that we've seen since HBK himself.

Lastly, depending on how productive they think Punk can be in his career moving forward, having him end the streak could be acceptable. He is the only consistent top draw they have other than Cena (I think Orton has worn off a bit, and Sheamus and Del Rio have yet to arrive on the top tier as far as drawing fans out), and establishing him this way as a true #1 guy would be risky, but would certainly give them a stage on which to place the guy.

The Streak should NEVER end. But if it does, it's Punk or Cena. End of story. For that reason alone, I'll be very conflicted watching WM, because I would be excited for either outcome (although we all know Taker will win).

HTrain90
03-05-2013, 10:35 AM
The bigger reality is it'd be damn foolish for the streak to end in the current hole WWE's in in terms of viewers. Not that they'd never do that for someone they like as much as Punk, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't be a bad idea. End the streak to literally the smallest audience in decades.

I think this is a great point, too. But maybe having Punk beat 'Taker would draw lots of those WM eyes to the following episode of Raw, and if Punk does something to set up a great feud (likely with Cena, or maybe with Kane as a revenge angle, but no one takes Kane seriously anymore) that night some of those eyes hang on until Extreme Rules, and suddenly your Extreme Rules buyrate is up from previous years.

But, in all likelihood, anyone breaking the streak would put so much pressure on the performer that they would NOT be able to live up to the moment of following that and becoming as big as the rub would require.

And the audience is now a fraction of what it once was. So... yeah, we'll see. As a side note, if last year's WM had the largest buuyrate ever, and we all expect this one to top it, doesn't it just feel like they're building for WM30 to be through the roof? THAT is where I could see 'Taker's streak ending, even if only for timing purposes.

Shisen Kopf
03-05-2013, 10:39 AM
The only thing that can end the streak is Hulkamania! Brotha!

mike adamle
03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
I hope Taker lasts a few more years. I'd love to see Taker vs. Sheamus and Taker vs. Ryback at mania before we finally get Taker vs. Cena.

Tommy Gunn
03-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Taker wins at Mania, but throw more money at Mark and get him to stick around for another month so CM Punk can get a win back at Extreme Rules, or Summerslam if you wanna go for one of the prestigious 'big 4' PPVs.

HTrain90
03-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Taker wins at Mania, but throw more money at Mark and get him to stick around for another month so CM Punk can get a win back at Extreme Rules, or Summerslam if you wanna go for one of the prestigious 'big 4' PPVs.

I'd say the chances of Undertaker performing at Extreme Rules are somewhere between zero and none. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it. And it's not about money, it's about him. He's probably got only 3 or 4 matches left in him at the most.

Shadrick
03-05-2013, 02:06 PM

This. If I recall, Taker offered the streak to Kane and Orton and two different points, and they both declined to take it.

Tazz Dan
03-05-2013, 03:26 PM
I have never heard that Shadrick.

Tazz Dan
03-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Also I just kinda threw this out for topical debate, and have been reasonably impressed with the replies.

CSL
03-05-2013, 03:28 PM
short answer: no

long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooo

#ScrubsJokes

Tazz Dan
03-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Could one man beat another man in a fake sport?

Absolutely.

The reality is, he's probably not going to, just like the last few guys people thought would break the streak.

Now, I know Wrestlemania is going to be huge, and probably exceed prior mania's. But that will happen regardless of whether Punk wins the title, breaks the streak, our outpops DX. The next week, however, it's back to business as usual, and we're back to normal viewers and bragging about that streak-ending will seem awful....Small.

(This also applies to everyone else in the company)

Of course it's a fake sport. But I explained what I meant by stating Taker may offer to let Punk go over. Keep up thanks :p

Keith
03-05-2013, 03:33 PM
I could actually see Punk winning.

It depends on whether this is, in fact, Undertaker's last go-around, and on how Undertaker feels about Punk "in real life". If Mark likes Phil, and believes that putting him over would be great for his career and for the WWE, I'm sure he'd do it. Undertaker losing and his record going to 20-1 would not damage his legacy in any way, shape or form, but it would greatly help Punk's. Mark knows he just shows up once or twice a year, and that beating Punk (one of the hardest working men in the business) at WrestleMania isn't totally necessary, his legacy and his HOF career are already set. He's not going to become an even bigger star just by beating Punk, but Punk beating Undertaker could definitely catapult him to a whole 'nother level.

So it wouldn't shock me if it finally happens.

JKWJRMON
03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Undertaker maintains the streak, but I love the way WWE set-up the feud.

JKWJRMON
03-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Fuck if HHH didn't beat Taker in the last 2 WMs why the hell would Punk win? The only way the streak ends is if Cena were to fight Taker in a future WM.

Lock Jaw
03-05-2013, 03:40 PM
This. If I recall, Taker offered the streak to Kane and Orton and two different points, and they both declined to take it.

I've heard that with Kane and maybe HHH. Never Orton. I don't buy Orton. Orton back then would have probably been all "Yyyyyeah, let's do it"

KIRA
03-05-2013, 03:59 PM
They should have Ryback do it. You know, someone who doesn't look like a homeless crackhead and can actually wrestle Taker and make it look believable.

LOL you said wrestle ....then you said Ryback that's the best joke youve made so far.

CM Punk could conceivably win hes one of a few people I'd be just fine with giving Taker a WM loss.

And Gertner I'm not a fat indy fan I'm 129 pounds.

erickman
03-05-2013, 04:03 PM
how would that help punk, he is allready over. if they were going to end the streak it would be a young heel like cody or zigler.

Flash Funk
03-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Punk is not winning, period.
But I would be ok with it if he did.

Bad News Gertner
03-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Punk shouldn't even be on the card. Punk winning yesterday cost the company about 500,000 buys.

XCaliber
03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Somehow I don't see Undertaker having enough to make it to 25-0 and I've said it before working one match a year for defending a streak makes Untertaker look weak. Then again just him being on the card will help the PPV buyrates at the same token you have to focus on making you're current talent also. Otherwise Vince and company will end up being in the same boat they several years ago having to push some new guy to main event like they did with Lesnar.

Keith
03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
"Somehow I don't see Undertaker having enough to make it to 25-0..."

LOL who's talking about 25-0?

Dark One
03-06-2013, 01:15 AM
I don't think it should ever end, don't think it makes any sense to really, but if it were to end I think it would have to be someone younger, Punks said himself he doesn't think he'll be around all that much longer and if you're giving someone the rub of ending the streak it has to be somebody who can build on it for the long term, somebody with another decade or so left.

That man's Bo Dallas :shifty:

You are an awful human being / dinosaur.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2013, 02:58 AM
I'm really looking forward to the promo work from Punk and Heyman selling us on the possibility that the streak will end. I've always envisioned Punk taking a "cut the theatrics" stance with Undertaker. No, not because it "breaks the fourth wall," but because being such a dick antagonist has been what Punk has always been about. Talking about The Undertaker's mortality, his body breaking down and how the last time Taker beat a guy who is still a full-time roster member was Mark Henry back at WrestleMania 23 in 2006 and the last time by pinfall was a 24-year old Randy Orton in 2005. Those sort of mind games will make this a must-see match to me.

For the past four WrestleManias, The Undertaker has been fighting babyfaces who respect him and revere the streak. CM Punk is the sort of iconoclast who could really provide that unpredictable threat to The Undertaker.

Bad News Gertner
03-06-2013, 04:48 AM
LOL you said wrestle ....then you said Ryback that's the best joke youve made so far.

CM Punk could conceivably win hes one of a few people I'd be just fine with giving Taker a WM loss.

And Gertner I'm not a fat indy fan I'm 129 pounds.

So you're a crackhead then. Good trade-off.

#1-norm-fan
03-06-2013, 04:49 AM
He could be skinny fat.

#1-norm-fan
03-06-2013, 04:49 AM
SFBDV

Bad News Gertner
03-06-2013, 05:00 AM
SFBDV

lol, Owen hated that comment so much that he neg repped me

owenbrown
03-06-2013, 05:09 AM
no you idiot, I hate that you think "some vanilla midget indie guy" is going to bankrupt WWE. Linda McMahon's 52347892785712385789234 failed political runs could (but likely not) bankrupt WWE. Those crappy WWE films that you probably watch on a continuous loop at home could (but likely not) bankrupt WWE. One person who held the company's top title for one of the longest reigns in a long time is not gonna bankrupt or destroy WWE. Your pathetic attempts to troll and be a racist and a disgrace to your own country and to all of humanity are sickening and you should be fucking ashamed. Your parents should also be ashamed of raising you. Go fuck yourself.

Shadrick
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I have never heard that Shadrick.

Well now you have Tazz Dan.

HTrain90
03-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Gertner, you are truly a piece of shit human being.

As for the streak - it won't get broken. Carry on.

Classy and Gassy
03-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Ultimately its likely Taker's decision and if he wants to lose to Punk it could happen. Taker seems like a guy that would want to lose his last match to put a guy over and we don't know how many he has got left.

mike adamle
03-08-2013, 01:24 PM
I made mention of it in another thread, but I think it'd be cool if Undertaker came out with Paul Bearer's urn on Raw. Then it'd be an awesome heel move for CM Punk to steal the urn. Ultimately Undertaker could get the win at WrestleMania and revenge on CM Punk by pouring Paul Bearer's ashes down CM Punk's throat.

mike adamle
03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Now that I've thought it through a little bit more it'd be great if Taker tried pouring the ashes down Punk's throat but when he tips the urn upside down a giant turd comes out instead, revealing that CM Punk shat in the urn.

Fox
03-08-2013, 02:30 PM
I think I have to set Gertner to ignore.

I get his deal and I've actually even laughed at some of his more insane comments before. But threads like this are just overkill - totally ruins what could be a legitimate topic of conversation because every other post I'm having to check to see if it's Gertner (it is) because it's some inane bullshit comment.

Sorry, Gertner.

Fox
03-08-2013, 02:37 PM
To answer the question though, I don't think Punk is going to end the streak, and frankly I don't want him to end the streak. Not after such a lame kick-off to the feud and a short, month-long build up. There was a time when the streak was small enough that the idea of Randy Orton or Edge or Kane ending it seemed plausible. But after the past 4 years and his unbelievable matches at Mania, it's ballooned to a point where it might be more important than the WWE Championship. The streak might be the most prized accolade in wrestling today.

And for it to end, it has to be the culmination of a long, long storyline. It should be a moment that's built up to over a few months and when it happens it should be the ultimate climax of a long, arduous struggle. Some could argue that CM Punk's quest for respect over the past year could be that storyline, but a heel CM Punk victory over Undertaker wouldn't be that "moment." It just doesn't feel right.

So no, he won't end the streak. But it's sure to be a great match, and Punk is just good enough that I'm sure at certain points in the match we will be questioning just whether Punk can get it done or not.

mike adamle
03-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Now that I've thought it through a little bit more it'd be great if Taker tried pouring the ashes down Punk's throat but when he tips the urn upside down a giant turd comes out instead, revealing that CM Punk shat in the urn.

Then 3MB come out and save Punk. When they've got Undertaker beaten down Jinder Mahal pulls out a bag from his trunks. At first everyone thinks it's a huge bag of pot, but upon further inspection HE'S GOT THE ASHES!. Team Hell No come out and try to make the save for Kane's father but before they can hit the ring they're taken out by The Shield. Dean Ambrose grabs the mic and says he told everybody justice would be served. Now? The Shield's joining up with the terroristic mind that is Jinder Mahal. Dean, Punk, and Jinder then lead an Al Queda like stable. They pour the ashes of Paul Bearer in the middle of the ring and piss on them. 3MB, The Shield, Punk, and Heyman then dance in the ring with filled with an empty urn, a giant turd, and piss soaked ashes as they close out the show with the ULTIMATE wrestlemania moment.

The Ripper
03-08-2013, 08:58 PM
I think it's all up to Taker. I think this maybe Mark's last year and I know that's been talked about for years but Taker is almost like Hogan when it comes to his body's health. Though I don't like the Idea of the streak ending, I do understand if Taker wants to retire with having put someone over like Punk with ending the streak.

Mooияakeя™
03-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Taker should of left it at the last WM. Was one helluva way to go out, also, nice round number.

mike adamle
03-08-2013, 10:09 PM
It seems as though I'm gonna have to make my own thread some time tomorrow about this storyline I have for Paul Bearer's ashes since it's getting so much positive feedback.

Arrogance
03-08-2013, 10:12 PM
I could see Taker getting into the mindset that the best way for the Dead Man to go down is with a loss. Possibly in a casket match. There is no result in the ring that could destroy his legacy...if you're going out, go out with a bang.

Kane Knight
03-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Linda McMahon's 52347892785712385789234 failed political runs could (but likely not) bankrupt WWE.

They're about as likely as a vanilla midget doing it. Seriously, the odds in both cases are nil.

Blakeamus
03-09-2013, 09:10 AM
how would that help punk, he is allready over. if they were going to end the streak it would be a young heel like cody or zigler.

I would rather give the rub to end the streak that's over with the crowd, than someone who the crowd doesn't give two shits about.

Blakeamus
03-09-2013, 09:23 AM
I would personally love for the streak to end. Ever since his demand promo to have a match against Triple H last year, I get the sense that Taker wanted to find someone "worthy" to end the streak. And since Triple H had him nearly broken at the previous WM, he wanted someone to beat him, but they would have to earn it. I think he might have mention it in a promo against Triple H. A loss would not tarnish his career...and I don't think having CM Punk get the rub wouldn't be a waste. Just my opinion.