PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter V

Pages : [1] 2 3

RoXer
12-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Info has leaked.

I'll edit this when I can. I can't right now.

So... Google it?

It's a PS4 exclusive from what I'm seeing.

I'll edit this later, promise.

Fignuts
12-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Well, between this, No Man Sky, and The Show, it looks like I've got reason enough to buy a PS4 now.

Holy shit tho, are xbox gamers gonna be pissed.

drave
12-05-2014, 11:43 AM
I am willing to bet it is a "timed exclusive" just as Tomb Raider was a XO "exclusive". Otherwise the game wouldn't be nearly as profitable as it could be.

Heisenberg
12-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Well, between this, No Man Sky, and The Show, it looks like I've got reason enough to buy a PS4 now.

Holy shit tho, are xbox gamers gonna be pissed.

I'll just adapt and overcome. No one takes Street Fighter from me, nobody.

If they keep it exclusive, it's just karma for Dead Rising 3 being PC/Xbox One only

alvarado52
12-05-2014, 12:54 PM
yeah but Dead Rising has always been a MS exclusive, Street Fighter has been multiplatform since the get go.

Almost certain its timed, unless Sony is paying a metric shit load to Capcom to make up for the sales lost from other platforms.

drave
12-05-2014, 12:56 PM
GIF's of the video that was removed:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--kyYX2jqK--/jswf3g60exfcqyzi1osc.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vNS8XSdM--/yhphfka7reqbfy8yswlr.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--GpGjcjkH--/utjjxeys0rib6z1ilasn.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--uUc3F8PI--/nfnm26vimgsbzinixgos.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--1h5TrXmC--/s5c7ryq5hymamiayvvoy.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--1aVuG5SM--/ha7lrzvibsfaks376f3q.gif

Mercenary
12-05-2014, 01:52 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JGw8DWctAts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Needs this or no buy.... Dead serious

Sepholio
12-05-2014, 04:04 PM
SONIC BEWM

Emperor Smeat
12-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Also arriving for PC.

http://kotaku.com/street-fighter-v-is-a-ps4-pc-exclusive-1667170903

Kalyx triaD
12-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Gonna pre-order Super Street Fighter V right now. Somehow.

thecc
12-06-2014, 03:43 PM
Looks like there's gonna be cross play between ps4 and pc.

Kalyx triaD
12-06-2014, 07:32 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KIOMBc6E_MQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll do a write-up and explain what's going on later, but for now just trust that the 'Turtle Fighter' punchline is very much dead. Pendulum's totally swinging towards guys like me and Blitz.

Kalyx triaD
12-07-2014, 01:45 PM
- It looks like there's expanded aerial combos, though we only see Chun-Li doing her aerial target combo into special. It could be a Chun-Li thing, but that's certainly a new move and it's very high in the air.

- Chun-Li executed an OTG attack. Whether there's an OTG system or ground bounces from SFxT isn't clear. For now it seems combos can continue after certain knowckdowns.

- Ryu's crouch punch animation is very different. Me and Khuntry wondered if it was just a new animation or crouching itself being reworked.

- Ryu executed what looked like a new target combo on his end of the trailer. SFxT's Tekken-side cast had extensive target combos to emulate their base game. It's possible that this system will be added to SF proper.

- Some kind of power-up mode (likely tied to meter) that offers you EX versions of specials. Chun-Li had a double fireball and Ryu did his Metsu-Shoryuken outside of a super. There's a black chalk effect during this powered up state.

- I'm thinking this state will depend on your meter, there's still supers of some kind that will likely require full meter.

- Guard Crushes returned from Alpha 3. This is huge. The game is already looking more offensive, but the ability to break somebody's block completely goes against the largely defensive SF4. I'm not sure if certain moves can do this, or if there's a Guard Meter. This is the biggest reveal from the trailer and it will change the game.

- The breakable wall means stage transitions of some sort. Khuntry thinks that will be strange for the pace of a match. I'm thinking it might be a special KO thing. More on stage effects, the neon sign busted during Chun-Li's air combo. We'll probably see more stuff like the wing's tip breaking in SF4's African airport or even SF2's corner breakables.

alvarado52
12-07-2014, 02:02 PM
I bet you two nerds watched the footage at least 40 times, analyzing every bounce of Chun-Li's titties for possible physics changes.

In your pants.

Kalyx triaD
12-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Two views actually.

Fignuts
12-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Oh, I'll find a way to turtle.

Kalyx triaD
12-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Float like butterfly, sting like slightly meaner butterfly.

Kalyx triaD
12-13-2014, 09:22 PM
Onto SF4's last hurrah; Street Fighter Omega drops next Tuesday. Along with regular mode balance changes and new combo trials. The animal themed DLC attire drops as well, and it's the only thing that cost money.

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2014, 03:12 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ay-IUE6WlAo?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fignuts
12-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Are you gonna be online for Omega? You better be.

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Me and Khuntry are gonna tear it up offline but yeah we will dance. We should have when your internet fixed up.

Kalyx triaD
12-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Indulge me in more talk of Street Fighter 4's Omega Mode. It's not an whole different mode rather than another edition to choose on the character select screen, but I think it should have been. Omega Mode brings more to the table than new moves, it's as far away from Ultra Street Fighter 4 as Super Street Fighter 4 was from vanilla SF4 (moreso). Before I battle Figgy with the best version of Cammy I've ever played, I'm gonna break some things down best I can.

As I said, it's more than new/altered moves, there's some system changes in there that really should have been another mode altogether.

- While the general speed (walk, dash, jump) is unchanged in the characters, combat effects make this a slightly faster game. Quick Rise is not only faster, you can do it off of certain throws. More moves knockdown, and more knockdowns seem to be recoverable, and this leads to people being on their feet more often than not. It also means the wake-up game has more nuance, and is a better answer than the largely unused Delayed Wake-Up in Ultra.

- All Focus Attack Cancels knockdown. Regular charged FAs still crumble, but you can't use it to extend combos anymore. This render FADCs moot - and I like it. Red Focus is also non-existent, which says a lot about it's implementation.

- The adjusted (and for a few completely revamped) move-sets all point to game that allows creative approach not often seen in a SF game. Dare I say it's something akin to classic Capcom character designs. There's also much more uniqueness with the characters. I would have to point out how the Shotos are different to the uninitiated; but their differences are much more noticeable. No way in hell can you say Ken is Ryu with a different head. He tosses fireballs with feet (and his tricky kicks are BACK).

- A lot of characters have moves that fall between EX and Super Attacks. They are 'Super-like', and require more meter than EX attacks. Akuma has a special throw right out of his KKK teleport. Makoto can tap into her red skin mode. Cammy's EX Canon Spike leads into an attack grab. It's a new option to spend your meter on.

- For some fucking reason Capcom did NOT put Omega movelists in the game. This is an amazing fuck up (or negligence/apathy). Gotta go online to find it. Meh.

Fignuts
12-15-2014, 09:42 PM
- For some fucking reason Capcom did NOT put Omega movelists in the game. This is an amazing fuck up (or negligence/apathy). Gotta go online to find it. Gay.

That is super retarded.

Ultra retarded, even.

Kalyx triaD
12-16-2014, 12:26 AM
PDF download of the Omega movelists:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/go/document/download/139c60bf868500214145f210f9149572

Fignuts
12-16-2014, 02:38 AM
Wow, Abel got a ton of new stuff. Gonna have to pick him up again.

Fignuts
12-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Played this for a while today. Lot of interesting stuff here.

The biggest changes are that Deejay and Decapre are no longer charge characters.

Abel's got a lot of changes too, but they suck imo.

Cammy is going to be even more of an ungodly whore to face, but that's alright because so is Juri. Can now store 3 fireballs in the same time it used to take to store one. And they can be unleashed as fireballs or unique physical attacks.

Adon has some cool new stuff too.

Kalyx triaD
12-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Yeah Juri is interesting enough for me to try.

SNLfunnyguy
12-17-2014, 03:45 AM
If this is just a PS4 exclusive, it's a huge dent to XB1 (of which I own).

Kalyx triaD
12-17-2014, 05:22 AM
It is.

Kalyx triaD
12-17-2014, 05:31 AM
How many of us are checking out Omega Street Fighter? I wanna open a lobby sometime. I wanna pad my YouTube uploads.

Fignuts
12-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Some ridiculous combos being shown off so far, though I'm guessing they take a level of execution that I just don't have.

Kalyx triaD
12-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Actually it seems links are easier and a lot of stuff aren't too crazy. Nailed some new Cammy combos first try. And in any case you have more defensive attacks than usual.

Fignuts
12-18-2014, 01:32 AM
I'll say one thing, they'd better have a way better fucking netcode in this.

Jesus christ, just played some IV with Kalyx and it was fucking terrible. Used to be able to play this game without a hitch, but since the Ultra update it's been godawful.

Know it's not my internet, cause it's faster now than it's ever been.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Yeah this is worse than in the past. And playing SFxT is night and day. Sucks because I very much enjoy Omega. Best thing since this game launched.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2014, 07:10 PM
There was a match where I threw Figs enough to rage a bit. Gonna put that on YouTube.

Fignuts
12-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Please don't.

Fignuts
12-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Also, no more late night sessions for me, outside of fridays and saturdays. Work mornings now.

Kalyx triaD
01-01-2015, 03:46 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1t2aufgcLWo?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
01-31-2015, 06:43 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FzwZdp7QJI0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Emperor Smeat
02-24-2015, 05:38 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1JT-IvFkUhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Besides whipping out a new trailer and screenshots, Capcom has announced the Street Fighter V beta, which it's calling "the largest and most ambitious online beta program in franchise history." To participate in North America, you'll need to pre-order the game for PlayStation 4 or PC.

http://www.destructoid.com/what-did-they-do-to-poor-charlie-nash-in-street-fighter-v--288130.phtml

Emperor Smeat
05-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Mad Catz announces they are currently working on official fighting pads for the game and would be released same day as the game itself.

Current rumored release date for the game is March 31, 2016 based on an accidental SFV merchandise leak by Capcom last month.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-next-round-of-mad-catz-fightpads-are-coming-with-street-fighter-v-291491.phtml

Emperor Smeat
05-19-2015, 05:40 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/epPou9RzeKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fignuts
05-19-2015, 07:05 PM
Like the redesign. Didn't even notice the white hair until second viewing.

Becoming more and more clear that experience with the last game isn't going to mean squat.

Kalyx triaD
05-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Like SFII, 3rd Strike, and Alpha 3 - SF4 may well survive as its own thing once SFV drops. It won't pull the same numbers online but it can survive if the gameplay is altered enough.

Fignuts
05-19-2015, 08:34 PM
As well as the roster, which I'm hoping for, but not entirely expecting.

Kalyx triaD
05-19-2015, 09:31 PM
New faces.

And Karin.

Emperor Smeat
05-25-2015, 05:24 PM
CEO (Community Effort Orlando) is an annual fighting game tournament held in Orlando Florida, and this year, they have quite a bit announcement in store for fans -- Street Fighter V will be playable for the first time.

The event will be held from June 26-28 -- passes are $40, and everyone will be able to play Street Fighter V, not just tournament participants.
http://www.destructoid.com/street-fighter-v-will-be-playable-for-the-first-time-next-month-292741.phtml

Kalyx triaD
06-11-2015, 03:40 AM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11412202_10152831659285988_1106585940433801165_n.jpg?oh=c2c62a4579bb7a1337c719fffe7fe4ae&oe=55E667CC

#BROKEN Hasney
06-11-2015, 03:42 AM
Apparently will be coming in March 2016 and launch with 16 characters.

Emperor Smeat
06-11-2015, 06:36 PM
In Street Fighter V, the developers hope to balance things out as they focus on accessibility while maintaining the hardcore element. Rosas spoke about the brand new Variable System, which not only features a lot of nuance, but also gives newcomers more options to use against the vets.

"[Accessibility] was the one thing we wanted to maintain. For this one, we wanted to make sure everyone could access all the cool stuff. That being said, V-Skills are just two button presses, but they are unique for each character. The V-Trigger is the strongest unique ability that's accessed by pressing heavy punch and heavy kick together, so anyone who may have been intimidated playing Street Fighter because they couldn't access all the things that guys with high dexterity could, they can now do that. It goes back to that old-school feel where a fireball and an uppercut and pressing a few buttons could win you a few games. It goes back to the basics where you can just concentrate on the core mechanics, where it becomes a mind game versus more of a dexterity game."
Part of a longer interview that goes more in detail about Capcom's though process and thinking for developing SF V.

http://www.destructoid.com/combofiend-talks-street-fighter-v-and-the-importance-of-community-293717.phtml

Fignuts
06-11-2015, 06:41 PM

ugh 16

Here we go again. 12 more in Super Street Fighter 5, so on and so forth. Not that I blame them, cause fuck, we all keep buying the shit.

But 16? Fucking 4 had 25 in the vanilla version. Either quite a few of the original World Warriors are going to be absent, or this is going to be a very "been there, done that" roster.

Kalyx triaD
06-11-2015, 07:19 PM
I think 16 is a nice round number.

Kalyx triaD
06-13-2015, 06:49 AM
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y_dTwrtBfOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drave
06-13-2015, 09:14 AM
Chun Li with a Killer Instinct like 20 hit combo. Also, god damn @ the quarter rotation for kicks instead of mashing.

I am expecting Ryu's parry to make a comeback at competitions, which is ALWAYS entertaining.

Fignuts
06-13-2015, 11:42 AM
Played my fair share of Chun Li in 4, but never mained her. That might change now.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2015, 10:45 PM
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/65g7Cqq1Ygc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My girl.

Fignuts
06-16-2015, 01:12 AM
pffft

Kalyx triaD
06-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Birdie is very good.

Emperor Smeat
07-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Capcom recently broke down the details for the upcoming beta with the biggest being no local play supported since they only want to test out their netcode and servers. Also no PC beta since its a PS4 exclusive event.

When is it taking place?

The Street Fighter V beta will be running for five days starting on July 23rd at 6:00PM Pacific.

How do you get in?

If you’re here in North America, then you have one and only one way to get in: pre-order Street Fighter V on PSN, or from Amazon, GameStop, or Best Buy. If you go the PSN route, then all you’ll need to do is download the SFV Beta client at any point starting on July 20th. If you pre-order from a retail outlet, you’ll be emailed a voucher code on that day that will grant you access to the download. Everyone who pre-orders the game will get into the beta test.

Players in Latin America will need to pre-order from PSN to gain access, while Europe and most of the rest of the world will need to sign up via this linkin hopes of getting picked for a code. PlayStation Plus members in Asia (including Japan) can apply for Beta access via the PlayStation Store.

4 playable fighters at the start with another 2 added in later. 3 playable stages overall. After character selection, everything gets handled through the training mode for matches.

What gameplay is included?

So, once you get into the game, you’ll pick a character you want to play as, and then be taken into a training mode. While there, the game will be automatically trying to find you an opponent—once it has, you’ll be whisked away into the versus screen before the start of the match. Once that match is over, you’ll be sent back to the training stage, where you’ll await your next opponent. Due to how this all works, you won’t be able to pick your character before matches being, so it’ll be a little bit of a juggle if you want to really get some good hands-on time with all six character choices.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/heres-everything-you-need-to-know-about-street-fighter-vs-upcoming-beta-test/

#BROKEN Hasney
07-08-2015, 08:08 AM
Sources have confirmed to Siliconera that Alex and Urien from Street Fighter III will be playable characters in Street Fighter V as well. Look out for the two to be announced at some point in the future.

Cool King
07-08-2015, 08:46 AM
I've never really liked Urien.

As for Alex, meh, he's alright, I guess.

Kalyx triaD
07-08-2015, 03:02 PM
I have a friend who's gonna freak for Alex.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-09-2015, 03:26 AM
Hopefully these guys are reliable:

Earlier, Siliconera reported that Alex and Urien from Street Fighter III would be part of the playable roster in Street Fighter V. Now, we can confirm two more characters: Karin Kanzuki and R. Mika from the Alpha series.

The Rogerer
07-09-2015, 04:49 AM
Didn't think R Mika would see the light of day again

Kalyx triaD
07-09-2015, 05:55 AM
Please Karin don't be untrue. I miss her.

Cool King
07-09-2015, 04:30 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8lwOe5y8gIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool King
07-09-2015, 04:31 PM
God only knows what's happened to Ken's face.

Drakul
07-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Calling it now, the guy at the end is Zangief with a huge makeover. The nose, the mouth, the jaw, the angry look.
He's lost the beard but grown out his hair. He'll have some kind of supernatural or Akumalike vibe to him.

Can't wait for Super Street Fighter V to hit Xbox One and give me a reason to buy the damn thing.

Kalyx triaD
07-09-2015, 05:22 PM
I also believed Super SFV would be multiplatform, but now I'm not so sure.

The face at the end may not be Honda. Dreads don't seem like a sumo thing. Could be whoever the New Zealand stage represents.

Drakul
07-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Apparently SFII was Nintendo exclusive but SUPER SFII was different so got on multiple platforms.

Kalyx triaD
07-09-2015, 05:35 PM
I don't know if a case from over 20yrs ago is applicable here. lol

Cool King
07-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Could be whoever the New Zealand stage represents.

It's probably a new character.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/idf6yv.jpg

Or, as Ken has been redesigned, maybe it's a redesigned Hugo?

Drakul
07-09-2015, 06:00 PM
I don't know if a case from over 20yrs ago is applicable here. lol

Don't go breaking my heart.

Cool King
07-09-2015, 06:34 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R8rTK4xmseg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drakul
07-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Drakul/Kalyx duet incoming.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Apparently SFII was Nintendo exclusive but SUPER SFII was different so got on multiple platforms.

http://museo8bits.com/megadrive/street_fighter_2.jpg

Doesn't matter though, it's not happening:

"One comment we see a lot is that something like a Super Street Fighter 5 is going to come out on Xbox," said the representative. "But the reality is that this is a real partnership. We are console exclusive for this franchise for this numbered run."
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-will-never-get-a-version-of-street-fighter-5-/1100-6427987/

Drakul
07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Of course they'll say that. They need to push the PS4 version. It happens all the time. Something is exclusive and will never ever ever go on a rival platform, no matter what.
Then the exclusivity deal ends and they release it on rival platforms, claiming it is due to "fan demand".

Yes, I refuse to climb out of denial.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Nah, they'd say things like "Street Fighter V is PS4 exclusive" if that were the case. These guys are masters of double speak, they wouldn't say something that specific unless it was the case. Another huge hint is that Sony have been up front with this we things, like only "First on Playsfwtion" for FF7, so that ones timed.

Sony are funding the development, probably due to the shit shape Capcom are in right now.

Drakul
07-09-2015, 07:25 PM
If it's genuinely 100% PS4 only, then that sucks and it's stupid cutting away a massive chunk of the players.

I'll be sitting it out. I can't play Street Fighter on the PS4s cramped mess of a gamepad.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-10-2015, 03:19 AM
Yeah, it always sucks, but we probably wouldn't need to have this conversation if Capcom didn't mess up for quite a few years. Expect this happening a lot with them, MS did the same with Dead Rising because Capcom didn't want to take the financial risk so they're gambling on those F2P games. Sounds like they're going to do DMC5, hopefully that's not console manufacturer funded.

In happier news, I'm really digging the re-designs. SF4 did feel like all the old characters were just SF2 but in 3D. Do we know if this is set after SF4 or after SF3? I'm thinking 3 at this point.

2 weeks until the beta!

EDIT: Listening to GT Time and on the talk about the beta, it's launching with 4 characters then Birdie and Cammy will be added later to test the content delivery system which is apparently there to stop the need for a Super version ever.... I'll believe that when I see it.

Drakul
07-10-2015, 03:59 AM
They're doing that stupid Killer Instinct thing were you have to keep buying fighters rather than giving you a complete roster?

#BROKEN Hasney
07-10-2015, 04:31 AM
They're doing that stupid Killer Instinct thing were you have to keep buying fighters rather than giving you a complete roster?

They've not announced, but it's better than buying a whole new game.

Drakul
07-10-2015, 04:53 AM
I'd rather pay £40 for the game with a roster of 25ish characters and pay £7.99 six months later for an extra 3 or 4 characters or £20 for a full Super or Ultra update.

Getting the game with 4 characters and paying for every single additional character will work out much more expensive, I'd imagine.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-10-2015, 04:56 AM
Nah, if they're making people pay for characters, there'll be some kind of season pass or pack of them I'd assume.

The 4 characters was just for the beta though, it's going to have multiple characters in the base game. Last rumour pegged it at 16.

Cool King
07-10-2015, 03:50 PM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/53883e9e38c32195ed95dff39ac9d2f2/tumblr_nr8nwmkCGy1siecfmo1_1280.png

drave
07-10-2015, 04:26 PM
WHoa.....

Thought graphic on the right was Ken.

drave
07-10-2015, 04:27 PM
KI's pricing is good.

Paid $20 for Season 1 (which was all the characters at the time) and another $20 for Season 2. They also rotate characters "free" on a weekly basis.

I played free for nearly a month until making my decision. Love the reboot, they did a helluva job with it.

Kalyx triaD
07-10-2015, 04:29 PM
It is Ken.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-10-2015, 04:32 PM
They've got music up on the Capcom JP blog

Ken (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077869)
Ryu (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/bgm/004.html)
Bison (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/bgm/005.html)
Charlie (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/bgm/002.html)
"Forgotten Waterfall" (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/bgm/003.html)

Loving the new Ken mix.

The Rogerer
07-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Sony funded this because capcom are absolutely fucked. As Hasney said. This wouldn't have happened without them.

The PS4 pad is great in my opinion, but it should have good stick support.

Drakul
07-11-2015, 07:59 AM
The PS4 pad is great in my opinion, but it should have good stick support.

I used it a few times at a friends and the Duel Shock design is way past it's prime. It should have gone out with the PS2, in my opinion. I wont go on a rant, listing every issue I have with it but I really hope they have an all new design for the PS5 pad.

The Rogerer
07-11-2015, 10:45 AM
I was very vocal whinging about the dual shock 3 and how they need to think about this and not just stick with a 90s design that they bunged sticks on. To me the PS4 is one of the best pads ever made. Only complaints would be the pointlessness of the touchpad and the battery life. The first time they actually applied some thought. The 360 had some good aspects but then some totally dire ones. I was never a fan of the PS d pad but then it seems nintendo's patent expired so other people can make proper crosses. I always sympathise with people who don't like controllers but the PS4 has a wonderful d pad in my eyes, I haven't done much with an Xbox one controller but I can only hope they gently improved on the worst d pad of all time with the 360

#BROKEN Hasney
07-11-2015, 12:27 PM
The DS was god awful until now. Now I can't use the 360 or XB1 pad even PC games, but I like all the pads now so I'm happy.

Bar the gamepad, but at least most games now have Pro Controller support on the Wii U.

Sepholio
07-11-2015, 01:42 PM
I enjoy both the DS4 and XB1 controllers. Both are vast improvements over the last iterations. Both could still be better though. DS4 would be perfect if it had those new sticks from the XB1 controller with the nice rubber nub grips.

Only reason I prefer DS4 is because I don't enjoy the offset thumb sticks the XB controls have as much.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-11-2015, 01:47 PM
I enjoy both the DS4 and XB1 controllers. Both are vast improvements over the last iterations. Both could still be better though. DS4 would be perfect if it had those new sticks from the XB1 controller with the nice rubber nub grips.

Only reason I prefer DS4 is because I don't enjoy the offset thumb sticks the XB controls have as much.

Yeah, replaced my DS4 thumbsticks with some XB1 ones I got off eBay and it's even better.

Need to try the new XB1 non-elite pad too. The bumpers were the worst part of the original model.

For this and USF4 though, I got a Venom stick. Surprisingly good for the price and they've made it so it's very moddable.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-13-2015, 09:10 AM
Everything you need to know ahead of the beta, including the fact that the hardest links will be 3 frames long.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XqHYSotYW8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fignuts
07-13-2015, 10:49 PM
I'd rather pay £40 for the game with a roster of 25ish characters and pay £7.99 six months later for an extra 3 or 4 characters or £20 for a full Super or Ultra update.

Getting the game with 4 characters and paying for every single additional character will work out much more expensive, I'd imagine.

That's just the beta.

Dunno where Hasney got that, but I hope it's not true. Seems like way too low a number compared to other modern fighting games.

Kalyx triaD
07-13-2015, 11:07 PM
Just wanna say SF4 had one of the most respectful update/DLC programs. Much as I love Blazblue it has the worst.

Fignuts
07-14-2015, 01:12 AM
Feel like with everyone getting these new default costumes, Chun-li could have used an update. Something maybe more on the side of her law enforcement origin than the chinese princess thing. Or even go back to an altered version of the alpha costume.

Can understand why they left Ryu the same though.

Kalyx triaD
07-14-2015, 01:17 AM
Surely they'll get new duds with DLC. SF4 got a ton of costumes for everybody. But I want...

DAT COLOR EDIT THO!!! CAPCOM?!!?

Fignuts
07-14-2015, 01:22 AM
Yeah, color edit is a must at this point.

Kalyx triaD
07-14-2015, 01:29 AM
Tired of 'hoping' one of the colors will a black/purple combination.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-18-2015, 06:12 PM
So, er, wow. Don't have to pay for any DLC fighters. This is insane.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKOdcPNUAAAq4Ot.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKOdwkGUMAE-uXS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lnm9Dr4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5jJE8E9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4IYsJcQ.jpg

Kalyx triaD
07-18-2015, 06:19 PM
People were right that the content add-on testing in the beta alluded to what KI was doing. Very similar.

Fignuts
07-19-2015, 02:59 AM
Well.

Guess I'm done bitching about the small roster, aren't I?

Wonder if this would be happening if capcom didn't have so much hate right now, for past shady dlc moves.

Fignuts
07-19-2015, 03:00 AM
They've got music up on the Capcom JP blog

Ken (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077869)
Ryu (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/bgm/004.html)
Bison (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/bgm/005.html)
Charlie (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/bgm/002.html)
"Forgotten Waterfall" (http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/bgm/003.html)

Loving the new Ken mix.

These sound amazing. Hope the whole ost is this good.

Emperor Smeat
07-19-2015, 11:13 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OzrPqNHB1bo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Today at EVO 2015, just before kicking off the final round of Ultra Street Fighter IV competitions, Capcom unveiled the first of four new fighters joining the roster of Street Fighter V.

His name is Necalli, a wild-looking grappler who -- Aw hell, just watch the damn trailer.
http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-reveals-first-new-street-fighter-v-character-296312.phtml

Kalyx triaD
07-20-2015, 05:28 AM
Yeah he's certainly wild.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-20-2015, 07:51 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GTRynPoSnaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Onos 5 things to know about SFV.

Beta this Thursday, pretty damn pumped for it even though I don't have a bloody key yet. Hopefully they've not actually gone out yet.

EDIT: Codes from Amazon are allegedly going out today. I also applied for the EU beta, so I might have a spare code if I get selected for that too.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Sources have confirmed to Siliconera that Alex and Urien from Street Fighter III will be playable characters in Street Fighter V as well. Look out for the two to be announced at some point in the future.

So there's a promotional comic coming out called The Life and Death(s) of Charlie Nash. Pretty much confirms Urien

So Charlie has amnesia and is roaming the desert, secretary girl and Urien find him and start telling him about his past when he joined the army, teaming up with Guile, his psycho power, all that shit. Then they tell him he was defeated by Bison (Alpha 3 I think) and became Shadow and told him about all the nasty shit he did as Shadow. It references some of the Udon comics here but also directly goes against it. Eventually it leads to a big two on two battle with Guile and Chun vs Shadow and Bison.
After Guile and Chun free Charlie from the Shadow mind control Charlie does a wake up flash kick taking him and Bison off a cliff. [...]
Then they tell Charlie he died from the fall and that this whole desert is an computer generated illusion and Urien and her consciousness were uploaded into it to talk to Charlie. They wanna recruit him into the Illuminati cause of his personality and psycho power. They give him two options, join us and kill Bison for good or we can erase your memories and alter them and make you join us as a zombie (which they don't want cause apparently Charlie's personality is that cool?). Obviously Charlie says "I'm in" and he wakes up.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Beta installed and ready for Thursday.

Kalyx triaD
07-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Fuuuuuck Yooouuuuuuuu

The Rogerer
07-20-2015, 03:24 PM
I bought Ultra for the PS4. My 17th attempt in life to be mildly competent

#BROKEN Hasney
07-21-2015, 04:38 AM
Been thinking about the story mode. I'm kind of hoping that it goes to an MK style big story, but each new character added unlocks a new chapter.

Kalyx triaD
07-21-2015, 06:24 AM
Ew no.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-21-2015, 07:02 AM
Got a second US beta code if anyone wants it.

drave
07-21-2015, 07:09 AM
I'd ask, but I think it would be better used for Kalyx or Fignuts.

Kalyx triaD
Couldn't use it if I wanted. No PS4 and Khuntry's PC can't run it. Profound sadness.

drave
Oh yea, PS4 only.

NEVERMIND!

The Rogerer
07-21-2015, 07:11 AM
I could use it, That would be wonderful.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-21-2015, 07:26 AM
I could use it, That would be wonderful.

PM'ddddddddd

The Rogerer
07-21-2015, 02:07 PM
I'll be ready to go in about an hour, I will document my hamfisted finds

#BROKEN Hasney
07-21-2015, 02:15 PM
I'll be ready to go in about an hour, I will document my hamfisted finds

Can't actually play it until Thursday annoyingly. Just black screens and says can't find the server.

The Rogerer
07-21-2015, 03:20 PM
I just realised that as I posted. Oops

Heyman
07-21-2015, 03:31 PM
Rogerer would suck Zangief's dick if Zangief was a real person and was in the same room as him.

drave
07-21-2015, 03:42 PM
But would Zangief make him speak Russian before/during/after?

Probably.

alvarado52
07-21-2015, 03:46 PM
"Hello, I am Zangief I am bad guy"

ClockShot
07-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Is the beta live? I preordered today and it's downloading right now.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Is the beta live? I preordered today and it's downloading right now.

Nah, preload ready for Thursday.

ClockShot
07-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Nice. Preordered this on a whim today. Didn't know beta starts Thursday.

Vacation just got better.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Man, playing Ultra now the PS4 version is good and I didn't realise how much I missed this.

No-one plays Ibuki since her nerfs, but I'm still pretty good with her and already in the top 600. Really hope she makes it into V eventually.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Back in the swing of it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ehGjZC0ZQM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
07-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Next time win faster, nigga.

drave
07-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Haha, nice!!!

I think they passed the controller for round 2 :|

Kalyx triaD
07-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Nah he just tried to adapt. Not enough Blanka Balls.

thecc
07-22-2015, 02:54 PM
Pre ordered from gs but still haven't gotten my code yet.

The Rogerer
07-22-2015, 03:58 PM
I played one online match of Ultra on PS4 tonight and won. This was after a warm up of completing arcade without continues on normal. That's absolutely nothing to some people but basically it was the best night of my life, and if I die now I'll have a 100% record on that console and that's all I can really ask for.

Heyman
07-22-2015, 04:12 PM
I was decent on Street Fighter IV. I played on the most difficult level. Always used Ken. Could beat every guy without barely losing a round, but Seth gave me some problems. Even now, out of every 10 fights I have with Seth, I'll only win about 3 of those.

Can only imagine how bad I'd be online going up against a bunch of 12 year old Gooks from China, Japan, and Korea.

Kalyx triaD
07-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Matchmaking is mostly regional. You'd be getting beat by 12yo in your region mostly. Even when you put it worldwide. I once fought a guy three times because he had the best connection. It was on worldwide settings.

Fucking Cody, btw.

Fignuts
07-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Hasney are you on 360?

Hype setting in. Need to get a tpww lobby going.

Kalyx triaD
07-22-2015, 06:46 PM
How many of us still have SF4 on 360, and then who's up to date with Ultra?

Fignuts
07-22-2015, 06:49 PM
I have the omega update, so good to go.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-23-2015, 01:30 AM
Hasney are you on 360?

Hype setting in. Need to get a tpww lobby going.

Nah, one 360 died and the other one is my banned launch model. Just got it on PC and PS4 now.

Which is a shame, I really want to fanny about with Omega mode.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-23-2015, 06:28 AM
Just read that it doesn't start until 9pm EDT here, so I won't be able to pay until Friday.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2015, 02:14 AM
Servers were shit so not many people played, but Ono has already said the beta will be extended to make.up for it.

The Rogerer
07-24-2015, 03:01 AM
I'm not getting on

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2015, 03:05 AM
I'm not getting on

Yeah, down for matinence right now. Should be up in an hour.

EDIT: Delayed for another 2 hours from the time of this post.

ClockShot
07-24-2015, 07:28 AM
Couldn't get on at 11 last night, and 7 this morning.

Either this beta is jammed packed, or there's some real issues going on.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2015, 07:29 AM
Couldn't get on at 11 last night, and 7 this morning.

Either this beta is jammed packed, or there's some real issues going on.

It's pretty knackered. If you try a few times, you can apparently get into training mode where it attempts to search for an opponent, but it never finds one.

ClockShot
07-24-2015, 07:39 AM
The hell happened to my Chun-Li?

Thought I was gonna be playing Street Fighter. Not Dead or Alive.

http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FmAAInla.jpg&key=JokbRBipV1fqrKliMMjNWQ&w=800&h=360

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2015, 07:40 AM
Cammys outfit is clearly way more supportive. Hopefully they haven't given her ass physics to make up for it.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2015, 09:21 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8ywKR70g4fc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Command Normals
- F+MP
- F+HP
- B+HK

Target Combo
MP~HP~HK

Crush Counter
- S.HP ( Knockdown )
- S.HK

Special Moves

Hadouken ( QCF+P )

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku ( QCB+K ) ( Air )

Shoryuken ( DP+P )

V-Reversal ( While blocking F+PPP )

Critical Art
- QCF x 2 P

Combos

cr.Short, s.Jab, cr.Strong xx Short Tatsu/Fireball
cr.Foward xx Fireball
cr.Forward xx Short Tatsu, Super
s.Strong, s.Strong, cr.RH
s.Strong, cr.Strong xx Fireball/DP/Short Tatsu
s.Strong, cr.Fierce xx Short Tatsu, Super
cr.Fierce (CH), cr.Strong xx Fireball/DP/Short Tatsu
cr.Fierce xx V-Trigger, cr.Strong xx Fireball/DP/Short Tatsu
cr.Fierce (CH) xx V-Trigger, cr.Fierce xx DP xx Super
f+Fierce, cr.Fierce xx DP xx Super
f+Fierce, s.Strong~Fierce~RH
f+Fierce, s.Strong, cr.Strong xx Fireball/DP/Short Tatsu
s.RH (Crush Counter), dash, cr.Jab into something - I didn't experiment too much with this.
j.Strong (air-to-air 2 hits), EX DP or Super

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2015, 09:23 AM
Some people are finally getting into matches now

http://www.twitch.tv/levelupyourgame

Netcode looks really fucking smooth when it works.

The Rogerer
07-24-2015, 09:43 AM
No joy at lunchtime. I'm about to add you on PSN hasney

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2015, 09:46 AM
No joy at lunchtime. I'm about to add you on PSN hasney

Cool. I don't think you can actually play against specific people though.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Beta has been suspended until they fix the major issues, according to Capcoms JP blog.

For resumption date and time of the closed beta test, we will be at a later date announcement with a resolution above-mentioned problem.
The everyone who was looking forward to participate in beta testing, Sorry is now disappointing announcement.
Please wait for the announcement at a later date because everyone is at ease will continue to develop as soon as possible an environment in which you can play.

The Rogerer
07-24-2015, 10:04 AM
Cool. I don't think you can actually play against specific people though.That's alright, I'll just lose on my own

Kalyx triaD
07-24-2015, 10:29 AM

http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FmAAInla.jpg&key=JokbRBipV1fqrKliMMjNWQ&w=800&h=360

Animation glitch that only effects P2 side on vs screen. On the P1 side the boobs don't go crazy like that. Capcom said they would fix it back at E3.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-24-2015, 10:53 AM
It's probably to do with the gravitational pull of the planet behind them.

Kalyx triaD
07-24-2015, 11:44 AM
On the P2 side, yes.

Kalyx triaD
07-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Kinda glad this server issue is happening. Best time for a major fuck up like that is the beta. The beta is for things like this. Imagine the base game launching with something like this.

ClockShot
07-24-2015, 04:04 PM
Hmph. So now the servers are offline until further notice. We'll somehow be notified of a date when they go live again.

Anybody manage to get a game in? What are your early impressions?

#BROKEN Hasney
07-25-2015, 02:24 AM
The betas up, slowly letting people in they said. When you actually get a match, the netcode is already better than even SFIV seemingly.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-25-2015, 05:42 AM
Holy shit, when Ryu flips the V trigger, he does so much stun damage it's unreal. Like 80% stun bar fill on a charged non-EX fireball

Sucking horribly at this right now though. Just not got a character that fits my groove. Will give Cammy a shot when she's out.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-26-2015, 03:09 PM
So there's been an occasional bug where Nash gets called Cody... Confirmed?

Heyman
07-26-2015, 03:33 PM
I've had escorts at my place (both Asian and petite caucasion women that were brunette's) come over to my place with a Chun Li outfit. As part of foreplay, one chick had me up against a wall with her foot on my neck.

Some of the best sex I ever had was with women dressed up as Chun Li.

Emperor Smeat
07-28-2015, 06:34 PM
Capcom announces this beta test won't count towards the three planned tests before the game is released. Weren't satisfied with the results due to server issues and also wanted to keep players happy for future tests.

Also planning on giving out an in-game gift for those who participated in the 1st failed beta test.

http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-is-sorry-about-the-street-fighter-v-beta-296741.phtml

Emperor Smeat
07-30-2015, 06:25 PM
All regions getting the game at the same date while PC version also is getting released the same date as the PS4 version.

Street Fighter producers Yoshinori Ono and Tomoaki Ayano confirmed this weekend during Ani-Com in Hong Kong that Street Fighter V will be receiving a simultaneous worldwide release ...

The PC port is supposed to be launched at the same time as the PS4 version and capable of cross-play, so the entire population of fighting game players worldwide will be fighting at the same time in the same pool of players. It's either gonna be one hell of a brawl, or one hell of a fire when all of Capcom's servers spontaneously combust under the strain
http://www.destructoid.com/street-fighter-v-will-have-a-simultaneous-international-launch-296871.phtml

Kalyx triaD
08-03-2015, 12:49 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XRcsp0h-sB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fignuts
08-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Everyone looks fun so far. Even Bison who I typically don't care for.

StuartFinnigan
08-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Street fighter is so 1993! Haha. Can't believe people still play that shit.

Kalyx triaD
08-03-2015, 09:59 PM
This message is hidden because StuartFinnigan is on your ignore list.

StuartFinnigan
08-04-2015, 01:44 AM
No offense to anyone but street fighter is so 90's! Guys who play that shit and mortel kombat are living in the past! So much better shit has come out like Tekken 7 and Rise of Incarnates. Hope you guys aren't using dial up internet and AOL chat still, haha.

DAMN iNATOR
08-04-2015, 02:27 PM
No offense to anyone but street fighter is so 90's! Guys who play that shit and mortel kombat are living in the past! So much better shit has come out like Tekken 7 and Rise of Incarnates. Hope you guys aren't using dial up internet and AOL chat still, haha.

I don't think you know how things work.

StuartFinnigan
08-04-2015, 03:13 PM
I don't think you know how things work.

haha whatevs bro. why dont you go jerk off to ken and ryu posters while us younger generation gets with the times and does shit that's actually relevant.

DAMN iNATOR
08-04-2015, 03:43 PM
haha whatevs bro. why dont you go jerk off to ken and ryu posters while us younger generation gets with the times and does shit that's actually relevant.

I'm curious: How is it that you feel that a series that has had numerous sequels and other titles since 1993 and has made constant improvements each time isn't relevant in putting out it's fifth title in its main series in 2015?

Fignuts
08-04-2015, 07:09 PM
DAMN iNATOR what are you doing?

road doggy dogg
08-04-2015, 07:25 PM

lol is this seriously in the game

that's embarrassing

road doggy dogg
08-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Animation glitch that only effects P2 side on vs screen. On the P1 side the boobs don't go crazy like that. Capcom said they would fix it back at E3.

oh okay

Kalyx triaD
08-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Gamescom build has english vocals, Vega and super sayijin tarzan gameplay.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DU3PSX2fop8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool King
08-07-2015, 09:51 AM
That Vega model's face kinda looks like a young Leonardo DiCaprio.

DAMN iNATOR
08-08-2015, 03:47 PM
I can see where you'd get that, yeah. :y:

Emperor Smeat
08-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Capcom announced they are going to hold a series of regional stress tests before the next beta is launched in order to avoid repeating teh problems of the first beta test. Europe gets first dibs while everyone else has to wait till after that one ends before getting the info on when they can participate.

In a post on the Capcom Unity blog, the company announced it is going to start with a string of region-specific stress tests in order to gather information, so it can re-launch the beta originally scheduled for late July.

The first region receiving the beta is Europe, where players who pre-ordered the game will be able to test it out today from 16:00-00:00 BST, as well as tomorrow at the same time. Additional details of dates and times for the other regions will follow the completion of Europe's test. The company also assured fans that the original five day global beta test will still happen, so this is just another chance to play the game

http://www.destructoid.com/street-fighter-v-beta-re-launches-with-a-series-of-stress-tests-307129.phtml

Rhinestonecowboy
08-20-2015, 08:07 PM

How does one gets with the times?

Emperor Smeat
08-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Following a series of successful stress tests in Europe and Asia, Capcom announced today that Street Fighter V beta stress tests will begin for North and South America. The tests start Tuesday, August 24 from 4:00pm - midnight Pacific, and on the following day at the same time.

The five-day global beta will launch sometime after this regional test.
http://www.destructoid.com/street-fighter-v-launches-beta-tests-in-north-and-south-america-this-week-307712.phtml

Kalyx triaD
08-27-2015, 02:49 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nbDSvRMc9rQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kotaku writer's bitching about her attire. lol

drave
08-27-2015, 02:54 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--l2-m8UpX--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/1404259305598809666.gif

Kalyx triaD
08-27-2015, 02:57 PM
They DGAF

drave
08-27-2015, 03:01 PM
I'd smack that ass too.

drave
08-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Probably let her win too.

drave
08-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Also funny how Cammy's outfit is "not practical" either, but no one bitches about it.

UGH!

So glad that I keep a small social circle, people = shit. Gonna refer to them as poople because I am immature.

Cool King
08-27-2015, 03:50 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/919533e7c0c006e668372b4e7795cb0a/tumblr_ntr3ht61QN1uvqkhlo2_500.gif

drave
08-27-2015, 04:29 PM
STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD!!!!!!

Kalyx triaD
08-27-2015, 05:29 PM
This guy on Event Hubs was like, "Wouldn't her nipple slip out?"

Fuck sake, stfu.

Emperor Smeat
08-27-2015, 06:10 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/919533e7c0c006e668372b4e7795cb0a/tumblr_ntr3ht61QN1uvqkhlo2_500.gif

Should have had Vega sold it like The Rock or Scott Hall did.

Fignuts
08-27-2015, 07:50 PM
I've always been indifferent to mika, but that was pretty cool. Really like the tag team stuff.

Fignuts
08-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Also kinda bummed they have stopped doing teasers at the end.

How many more spots does that leave? Fucking c'mon with the Juri already.

Kalyx triaD
08-28-2015, 12:47 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7-fFCkceBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#BROKEN Hasney
08-28-2015, 06:50 AM
So I'm pretty sure those leaks were legit now. Happy with it, but man, I really hope Ibuki comes as DLC down the line.

DAMN iNATOR
08-28-2015, 11:23 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7-fFCkceBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sooooo...somebody sampled a few sound bites from J.R. going apeshit insane from reading Skittles billboards on RAW and dubbed it over that video?

Never thought I'd see the day when someone would make those unfunny, but they have...bravo.

Cool King
08-31-2015, 06:07 PM
Alternate costumes for Ryu, Chun-Li, M. Bison and Cammy.

http://36.media.tumblr.com/12cd809c04ed8638aaea7384eb4cd223/tumblr_ntyhtzdXjW1tujpdlo1_1280.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/3e7c5d2ad0a55abbcbdbc8724235c40f/tumblr_ntyhtzdXjW1tujpdlo7_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/8729ac8fc7b9ac1c7ecb24e67c52d83a/tumblr_ntyhtzdXjW1tujpdlo2_1280.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/8dc1aa2ed7a3a436e90ca07aeb476711/tumblr_ntyhtzdXjW1tujpdlo5_1280.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/21a84790417c70e8ef393ccaaccbffb7/tumblr_ntyhtzdXjW1tujpdlo3_1280.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/7bcec2c1b6a93cedb45248e0c8136cdd/tumblr_ntyhtzdXjW1tujpdlo8_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/b5095fdda9285e22030cc46c3fc86241/tumblr_ntyhtzdXjW1tujpdlo4_1280.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/25640512dbdfff7861ad36d88fe31f64/tumblr_ntyhtzdXjW1tujpdlo6_1280.jpg

Emperor Smeat
08-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Those special costumes are locked behind retailer specific pre-orders at least for the US/North America.

Pre-order bonuses are also out there, including a grizzled Ryu (GameStop), a covert ops Cammie (Best Buy), a sinister M. Bison costume (Amazon), and a black dress for Chun-Li (digital). Street Fighter V is still set for a spring 2016 release on PC and PS4.
http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-details-street-fighter-v-pre-order-bonuses-collector-s-edition-308609.phtml

Kalyx triaD
08-31-2015, 06:40 PM
Scuba Cammy!!!

For fuck sake with the retailer exclusive bullshit. I suppose it'll be unlocked some other means down the line but ugh.

Fignuts
09-01-2015, 12:44 AM
Oh fuck off with that

drave
09-01-2015, 07:31 AM
Grizzly Ryu looks badass.

BLack Dress Chun Li is also a big winner.... but

http://40.media.tumblr.com/8dc1aa2ed7a3a436e90ca07aeb476711/tumblr_ntyhtzdXjW1tujpdlo5_1280.jpg

Why is her left arm (right on the screen) looking so fucking gargantuan in that shot? Angle and/or lighting I guess.... but geez.

drave
09-01-2015, 07:31 AM
Seriously looks like a Big Show hand. She could palm her own fucking head with that thing.

Cool King
09-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Those special costumes are locked behind retailer specific pre-orders at least for the US/North America.

I didn't know that. That sucks.

I'm now wondering if that'll be the case for Europe.

I'm thinking that it most likely will be though.

Emperor Smeat
09-02-2015, 06:40 PM
According to a few reports, Cammy's recent change in appearance was due to Capcom listening to complaints from Japanese gamers.

But as pointed out by Kotaku, she looks different in the face from when she was originally announced (below), and it's not just the face paint.

Japanese site Hachima Kikou noted then that Japanese internet commenters responded badly to the original design, calling it "exceedingly ugly." While her bust seems increased since Street Fighter IV, people weren't digging her less anime-looking face, complaining that the British character's face was designed to appeal to foreigners and not Japanese sensibilities.

Capcom seems to have taken that criticism to heart, given Cammy's rounder eyes and softer, more anime-like features.

Original debut face for comparisons:
http://www.destructoid.com/ul/308838-/09_cammy_intro-noscale-noscale.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/fan-complaints-seem-to-have-changed-cammy-s-street-fighter-v-look-308838.phtml

Cool King
09-02-2015, 07:41 PM
I thought something had changed about her.

Personally, I liked her look before the change. She looked like she could kick your ass and looked more threatening and serious. It suited her character.

Now, she just looks like a little girl in the face and a bit ditzy.

But as usual, Japan always wins and gets its way.

Fignuts
09-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Yeah, that change is awful. Original is leagues better.

Kalyx triaD
09-02-2015, 07:55 PM
I love 'Cute Cammy'. The revert to her Ikeno SF4 face is good.

DAMN iNATOR
09-02-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm with Figgy and Cool King. Dunno why they kowtowed to Japanese complaints. Thought she was always supposed to be mostly English/British looking...now, IMHO she just looks weird, like as if she's someone else entirely.

Kalyx triaD
09-02-2015, 11:17 PM
What's 'British' looking? The problem was she wasn't cute anymore.

Fignuts
09-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Why does she need to be?

She's a stoic badasss spec ops soldier. New costume details emphasizes that, and her more intense facial features added to it more. I would understand if we were talking about sakura here, but it just fits her character.

Fignuts
09-02-2015, 11:23 PM
I'm with Figgy and Cool King. Dunno why they kowtowed to Japanese complaints. Thought she was always supposed to be mostly English/British looking...now, IMHO she just looks weird, like as if she's someone else entirely.

I don't like it, but I dont blame them. The"kowtowed" because japan is where street fighter is most popular.

Kalyx triaD
09-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Why does she need to be?

Her character design was always 'cute', as a juxtaposition with her line of work. Ref. her debut art in SSF2, her Alpha art, Cannon Spike (where her current attire comes from), Final Fight, and SF4. Most of the time she's depicted as a cute petite chick with amazing acrobatic abilities. That would be the reason people had a problem with her more mature, hard edged face in SFV, it was the deviation that went against the traditional design.

And her boobs are still too big so while they're at it maybe they can reduce it a cup-size to maintain her petite, gymnast frame.

alvarado52
09-02-2015, 11:52 PM
Ryu doesnt look Japanese...guess we shouldnt expect Cammy to look british

Kalyx triaD
09-03-2015, 12:06 AM
I'm still not sure how 'British' looks. Y'all white people look the same to me.

alvarado52
09-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Kate Beckinsale

Kalyx triaD
09-03-2015, 12:13 AM
I think she looks like Kate Beckinsale. And that's alright.

Cool King
09-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Her character design was always 'cute', as a juxtaposition with her line of work. Ref. her debut art in SSF2, her Alpha art, Cannon Spike (where her current attire comes from), Final Fight, and SF4. Most of the time she's depicted as a cute petite chick with amazing acrobatic abilities. That would be the reason people had a problem with her more mature, hard edged face in SFV, it was the deviation that went against the traditional design.

And her boobs are still too big so while they're at it maybe they can reduce it a cup-size to maintain her petite, gymnast frame.

I guess it all depends on the individual, but when I look at those references you gave, the only "cute" Cammy I see is her Alpha art.

The rest, she looks like she's all business and ready to kick your ass at the drop of a hat.

Kalyx triaD
09-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Most of her art is round faced, large eyes. And especially all of her in-game models follow this. The theme of SF4's models was the ultimate representation of every character, no reboots of adjustments (this is why you had oddities like teenage Sakura with 3rd Strike characters). Under this artistic theme, Cammy came out cute. Why was that?

#BROKEN Hasney
09-11-2015, 09:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ctJiYHy.png

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B2QhMbRWNJw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LWM2xo6xSvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool King
09-11-2015, 12:15 PM
So is it a coincidence that out of all the days of the year to reveal their Arab character, they chose today?

Kalyx triaD
09-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Yes.

They're at a game convention in the Middle East, making this reveal pretty common sense. We aren't the center of the universe.

Cool King
09-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Never said you were.

Also, I had no idea they were in the Middle East.

If I did, I wouldn't have posted.

Kalyx triaD
09-11-2015, 06:32 PM
It's just that other people have made the exact kind of observation and it's all predicated on the Japanese Capcom holding some special attention to an American holiday while they reveal an Arab character in a Middle Eastern game convention.

I mean look at how you framed it before you knew the details. If it's not a coincidence, what were you entertaining there? lol

DAMN iNATOR
09-11-2015, 09:59 PM
9/11 wasn't an inside job by the U.S. Government, it was an inside Capcom job!!! :eek::shifty:

Kalyx triaD
09-12-2015, 12:13 AM
Move some copies of Code Veronica.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-17-2015, 03:27 AM
Guess who's back?

http://i.imgur.com/iI7xOYx.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BfiHt3o10mE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
09-17-2015, 07:20 AM
<<< Happy

Emperor Smeat
09-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Capcom released the specs for the PC version:

OS Version
Recommended: Windows 7 64-bit

Processor
Minimum: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
Recommended: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz

Memory
Minimum: 6 GB DDR3
Recommended: 8 GB DDR3

Graphics
Minimum: Nvidia GTX 480 (or higher)
Nvidia GTX 570 (or higher)
Nvidia GTX 670 (or higher)
Recommended: GTX 960

Network
Broadband Connection Required

DirectX Version
Minimum: DirectX 11
Recommended: DirectX 11

Sound Card
Minimum: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset

http://www.destructoid.com/the-minimum-pc-specs-for-street-fighter-v-have-been-revealed-312150.phtml

Fignuts
09-23-2015, 07:15 PM
Whatta we got, 4 characters left?

2 more new characters and two returning.

3 hasn't been repped yet. Looks like that Alex, Urien rumor could be true. I'd be more than okay with that.

thecc
10-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Zangief just got announced.

Emperor Smeat
10-01-2015, 05:27 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ImYtgkgDPII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Going to assume the wiener attack is a new move for Zangief for SF V:
http://i.imgur.com/wWsAq2h.gif

drave
10-01-2015, 08:26 PM
That's how he defeated all those bears he wrestled, dont'cha know?

Fignuts
10-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Everyone looks like a blast to play so far. Even characters I didn't care about in previous games.

drave
10-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Kinda wanna play and do nothing but beat people with Zangief's Donginator. Don't even have to win, just looks funny.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-02-2015, 03:57 AM
Laura is apparently also in Famitsu

http://i.imgur.com/GeBYcCU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SekJJRR.jpg

Kalyx triaD
10-02-2015, 06:31 AM
Main'd

#BROKEN Hasney
10-07-2015, 01:28 PM
22/10-25/10 for the next beta

Since the last beta, we’ve announced quite a few new characters and I’m pleased to confirm that they will be selectable during the beta. When the beta launches, Ken, Necalli, Vega and R. Mika will be selectable. As we’re still reviewing our content delivery system, Rashid will be added in on day two (October 23rd) and Karin added on day three (October 24th). The characters from the previous beta: Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, Birdie, Nash and M. Bison will not be selectable this time around.

Kalyx triaD
10-07-2015, 06:12 PM
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tuvK-oYmsrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can work with her.

Fignuts
10-07-2015, 06:42 PM
yep

drave
10-08-2015, 06:39 AM
jiggly physics :D

Emperor Smeat
10-13-2015, 06:04 PM
Next character announcement likely happening during this year's Capcom Cup event according to a tease from series producer Yoshinori Ono.

Series producer Yoshinori Ono noted that the next new reveal will come "within the next two months," which falls in line with the Capcom Cup dates. Note that there's two characters left to be revealed for launch -- the aforementioned newcomer, and a returning fighter -- with more characters coming later as DLC.
http://www.destructoid.com/don-t-expect-the-next-street-fighter-v-character-reveal-for-a-few-months-315237.phtml

Fignuts
10-13-2015, 07:27 PM
Given that rashid, laura, and zangief were all predicted by that list that came out a while ago, safe to say the last two are Zen and Dhalsim

drave
10-15-2015, 12:01 AM
For Great Justice

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--yS4zUO2F--/1474235912740753704.jpg

drave
10-15-2015, 12:01 AM
g'dayam

Kalyx triaD
10-15-2015, 12:17 AM
"Unrealistic representation. No real woman looks like that."

drave
10-15-2015, 06:27 AM
lol..... yea. Some people's thoughts are unrealistic.