PDA

View Full Version : Congradulations Peyton Manning.

RP
12-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Wow i cant believe we won that game. The way he got that record was unbelievable and the fact that i was there was even more amazing. I'm not sure anyone saw it on tv or not but the crowd went absolutely nuts when he threw that touchdown to Stokely. For atleast 1 minute everyone forgot there was a 2 point conversion to tie the game. It honestly was the greatest sports moment i've ever been apart of. Great win at the end also. It was like the Colts just flipped a switch and took the game from the Chargers.

PS. Man the Chargers are good. Really good.

VonErich Lives
12-26-2004, 11:30 PM
it's interesting how they're enforcing the 5yd rule this year and calling penalties if a defender breathers on a WR.

What makes it interesting is they said the last time the league focused on enforcing the rule was the year Marino set the record.

So, clearly it's easier to throw to you WR's when they're not being held :)

road doggy dogg
12-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Yeah cry about it some more VEL

Manning is nuts

RP
12-27-2004, 12:24 AM
Have you actually watched our recievers this year? Seriously. Watch the record breaking TD that Stokley caught. Check out the double move he put on that guy. He faked the outside corner route and the Saftey jumped it. Then Stokley double moved into the inside post. There wasnt anyone within 4 yards of him and the saftey was on his face.

Are recievers have been doing this all year. Thats why Marvin harrison is the best reciever in the NFL. He doesnt lose a step when he puts these double moves on. nor does Reggie Wayne. This is why defensive backs have to grab and hold on our recievers.

Now Vel. How bout you state a original argument. Instead of making bandwagon statements. Cause the funny thing about bandwagon statements is that i there easy to argue against cause usually the person stating them are just reusing words they heard on tv to sound smart.

Nervous Ferret
12-27-2004, 12:25 AM
Jets 41
Colts 0

Anyone remember that?

RP
12-27-2004, 12:26 AM
I suppose the next thing to come out of your mouth will be that Peyton Manning isnt one of the best ever cause he hasnt won a SuperBowl right?

Nervous Ferret
12-27-2004, 12:29 AM
nawww actually if the jets play the colts in the playoffs I wanted to put a bet on it.

RP
12-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Yah . How did the Jets do in the playoffs last year?? ooo wait.

How are they gunna do in the Playoffs this year?? O wait.. The Bills are about to beat them for the spot. Nevermind.

Man i hope the Jets get into the playoffs and have to play us. I pray every night before i go to bed that God himself comes from the heavens pats me on the head and says " Rectal , Your team will have the Jets in the first round " Cause we would wreck the Jets in the in the first half and have second stringers playing in the 2nd. Hate to break it to you but the Jets might not even be one of the top 6 teams in the AFC.

PS. eat a cock.

el fregadero
12-27-2004, 12:37 AM
Jets will make the playoffs.

Nervous Ferret
12-27-2004, 12:38 AM
okay....we got the lambs who we should be able to beat...no shit
the bills will take the niners, but the broncos got no shot against the steelers, provided the steelers even show up and play. See you in the playoffs...bucko

RP
12-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Got news for you. The Bills played the niners this week and won and the Broncos play yours truely. Not the steelers.

And your still a idiot.

Nervous Ferret
12-27-2004, 12:41 AM
ohh..... how bout that? Hmmm I'm a bit mixed up but we still got the lambs.

el fregadero
12-27-2004, 12:43 AM
Huh, so Baltimore plays the Steelers and Denver plays Indy? Who do the Bills play?

Jacksonville may still have a shot.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-27-2004, 12:45 AM
LOL what are you flipping out about? He's right. Manning cried like a little bitch after he lost in Patriots in the playoffs, and so didn't his coach. Mike Martz cried like a little girl too, "The defensive backs are too aggresive." Well Martz and Dungey are both on the Rules Committee and look at that? "Re-enforce" the no contact after 5 yard rule. So saying that rule change has HAD nothing to do with Manning throwing all these touchdowns then you are just blind by bias. Don't get me wrong, Manning is one of the top QBs in the NFL. Probably will end up, if not already, as one of the QBs ever but saying the rule "enforcement" hasn't helped at all is ridculous. Personally, I don't think he would have broken the record without it. He probably would have gotten close, but I don't think he would have broken it.

I am probably a little bias here too, I am not a Manning fan at all. After what he said after he lost year in the playoffs. Pulled that usual bullshit that he wasn't making excuses, but then basically said they would have won if the New England Defensivebacks weren't all over his pretty boy wideouts.

RP
12-27-2004, 12:46 AM
OMFG. B-more and steelers played today.. You guys watch football?

Bills play the Steelers next week i believe. I'm not sure who Bmore plays.

Bills vs Steelers will be money. Especially if the Steelers rest there players. Bills could win and Jets could be sitting at home for the New year.

el fregadero
12-27-2004, 12:47 AM
Regardless, Jacksonville will get the sixth spot.

Nervous Ferret
12-27-2004, 12:50 AM
bills play the steelers...el freg
Broncos against Indy
Ravens against Dolphins

straight from nfl.com

el fregadero
12-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Miami is on a roll, Ravens are going down.

I'm feeling it !

RP
12-27-2004, 12:57 AM
Theres no frigging reinforcing about it. It should have been Inforced from day one. Dont try to tell me that the Patriots werent mugging the hell out of our recievers in that game cause if you say it didnt happen. Your pretty blind yourself. I've seen that game several times now. I got it on tape. You guys all but stripped the jerseys off our backs and buttsexxed us on the 50 yard line. Not to mention i counted atleast 3 personal foul late hits that did not get called. Two of them by Wilson. That rule should have been enforced no matter what.

If your logic is : The only reason your doing good is cause there " Reinforcing the rules " :

Then your probably right .

And since your gunna use that logic. I'll go ahead and use this logic.

The only reason your team has won two superbowls is cause they havent inforced the rules.

Just like you said.

Nervous Ferret
12-27-2004, 01:00 AM
The rules have nothing to do with it, peyton is the best qb in the nfl....even as dull a personality he has, he's got mad game

Nervous Ferret
12-27-2004, 01:00 AM
ohhh and the pats have won 2 superbowls because they were the best team

RP
12-27-2004, 01:04 AM
I'm not saying the Patriots werent the best team. What i am saying is that in that AFC championship if calls were called like they should have been. The Colts win that game and probably the Superbowl.

Patriots as of now are the best team in the NFL. ( as tough as it is for me to say that )

But i guarantee you The Colts will get a crack at them in the Playoffs . I think we will win.

RP
12-27-2004, 01:08 AM
I was at the Ravens/Colts game too. Listening to manning and Ray Lewis pretty much yelling towards eachother what the other is about to do was something amazing in its own right. The crowd in INDY gets real quiet to let Manning do his thing so you can actually here them both screaming plays and audibles.

The Outlaw
12-27-2004, 01:36 AM
Yeah that game was mad entertaining. The way they were both playing mind games with each other.

BabyHugger
12-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Manning is the best QB ever.

BCWWF
12-27-2004, 03:07 AM
The Steelers are the best team in the NFL right now. I don't see how you can say they aren't when they have beat the Patriots and the Eagles. Thats all I wanted to add.

VonErich Lives
12-27-2004, 03:32 AM
Have you actually watched our recievers this year? Seriously. Watch the record breaking TD that Stokley caught. Check out the double move he put on that guy. He faked the outside corner route and the Saftey jumped it. Then Stokley double moved into the inside post. There wasnt anyone within 4 yards of him and the saftey was on his face.

Are recievers have been doing this all year. Thats why Marvin harrison is the best reciever in the NFL. He doesnt lose a step when he puts these double moves on. nor does Reggie Wayne. This is why defensive backs have to grab and hold on our recievers.

Now Vel. How bout you state a original argument. Instead of making bandwagon statements. Cause the funny thing about bandwagon statements is that i there easy to argue against cause usually the person stating them are just reusing words they heard on tv to sound smart.

WTF are you talking about? What bandwaggon statement?

Manning may have the best physical tools, but does that make him a better QB?

Who was a better QB. Montana or Marino?

Marino had the tools and stats, could throw it deeper, stronger, etc... but Montana won the big games and in the clutch.

Yesterday was the first time Manning has done that. His comeback in the 2nd half, not just the way he played, but his composure, the best I can compare him to when he does bad is Derek Lowe. Shaking his head, talking to himself, yelling at his offensive line, when the problem wasn't their blocking. But he turned it around, and he has to keep doing that for them to win in the playoffs.

They have homefield in round #1, and then if they win will go to New England for round #2..

As for the "They got mugged last year", That's crap. Yea, there was more clutching and grabbing, but there was in the whole league, that's the way the rule had been called for almost 20yrs. Uncalled personal fouls? I think you've watched the tape of the game so many times that you're seeing things that didn't happen.

Anyway, I'm not taking anything away from Manning, he has the record and he won a huge game today, let's just see if he can keep doing it.

VonErich Lives
12-27-2004, 03:34 AM
Yeah cry about it some more VEL

Manning is nuts

WTF are you talking about?

Cry about what? You think I really care if he has a record or not?

As a patriot player said this year, they care about one thing, being undefeated in the playoffs.

and BCWWF, I agree, right now the Steelers are the Best team in the NFL. Talent, and they've had chances for "hicups" (pats vs. dolphins) and held on for wins.

Triple A
12-27-2004, 03:35 AM
The Bills are the best team in the NFL.

VonErich Lives
12-27-2004, 03:37 AM
But i guarantee you The Colts will get a crack at them in the Playoffs . I think we will win.

you guaranteethat you think they will win?

I'm assuming you mean if the Colts meet the Pats in the playoffs you guarantee the colts will win.

How about a little Logo bet?

Colts are #3, Pats #2, so if the Colts win they go to NE round #2.

Loser puts the logo of the winner as their avator till after the superbowl.

Deal?

Y2Ant
12-27-2004, 10:53 AM
LOL what are you flipping out about? He's right. Manning cried like a little bitch after he lost in Patriots in the playoffs, and so didn't his coach. Mike Martz cried like a little girl too, "The defensive backs are too aggresive." Well Martz and Dungey are both on the Rules Committee and look at that? "Re-enforce" the no contact after 5 yard rule. So saying that rule change has HAD nothing to do with Manning throwing all these touchdowns then you are just blind by bias. Don't get me wrong, Manning is one of the top QBs in the NFL. Probably will end up, if not already, as one of the QBs ever but saying the rule "enforcement" hasn't helped at all is ridculous. Personally, I don't think he would have broken the record without it. He probably would have gotten close, but I don't think he would have broken it.

I am probably a little bias here too, I am not a Manning fan at all. After what he said after he lost year in the playoffs. Pulled that usual bullshit that he wasn't making excuses, but then basically said they would have won if the New England Defensivebacks weren't all over his pretty boy wideouts.

What did the DBs do to the recievers?

I've never really understood what this 5 yard rule is all about, but IMO it doesn't really take much skill to just flatten the WR before he can catch the ball, if that's what guys were doing before the rule was re-enforced or whatever.

RP
12-27-2004, 01:45 PM
VonErich your saying thats the first time Manning has been clutch??? I dunno. Whats 17 fourth qrt comebacks sound to you. Do you forget about the 4 td lead he led the colts back from in Tampa Bay with only 3 minutes left , on Monday night football?

As for your bet. I'm so confident that we will beat the Patriots in the playoffs. I'll bet Avatars . Accept how bout the loser has to wear the others til the start of next football season?

Thats how i roll.

SammyG
12-27-2004, 01:45 PM
CUT THAT MEAT. CUT THAT MEAT

Rain Man
12-27-2004, 01:54 PM
CUT THAT MEAT. CUT THAT MEAT
SAMMYG YOUR ON MY FANTASY TEAM PLEASE! *SLAPS HAND* YES!.. :love:

SammyG
12-27-2004, 02:06 PM
haha rain man. aaaaaaaaaaaaaand its FUUUULLLLLLL!!!!!!! :D:D

VonErich Lives
12-27-2004, 02:07 PM
VonErich your saying thats the first time Manning has been clutch??? I dunno. Whats 17 fourth qrt comebacks sound to you. Do you forget about the 4 td lead he led the colts back from in Tampa Bay with only 3 minutes left , on Monday night football?

As for your bet. I'm so confident that we will beat the Patriots in the playoffs. I'll bet Avatars . Accept how bout the loser has to wear the others til the start of next football season?

Thats how i roll.

The only reason I didn't do till the start of next football season is I'm sure I'll be making another bet at some point... screw it, if I make another I can always use my sig.

Ok, deal. If thats Pats face the Colts.

Hey, if the Colts drop in round #1, do I get a win by forfit? :)

As for Mannings comebacks, vs. what teams? I'm not saying he's not a good player, not at all, he's a great QB and baring a carrer ending injury will go down as one of the best. But, he tends to fall apart in the clutch and when he's getting beat he loses composure like he did in the first half. Plus, they really do struggle on the road.

VonErich Lives
12-27-2004, 02:12 PM
What did the DBs do to the recievers?

I've never really understood what this 5 yard rule is all about, but IMO it doesn't really take much skill to just flatten the WR before he can catch the ball, if that's what guys were doing before the rule was re-enforced or whatever.

The rule is, you can make contact w/ a WR w/in 5yds on the line of scrimmage, typically called "bumping" to try and slow down the WR a little, they can also try and tie them up and the same rules for lineman apply (ie, you can grab inside the shoulders) What has happend over the years is players were getting away w/ little bumps and grabs and such down field that weren't being called "let the players play", it speeds up the game.

What happens w/ a team like Indy who has fast WR, when the rule is properly inforced it makes them more difficult because in a case like Harrison he can out run most DB's in the league.

They were talking on TV that the rule was put in, in the 70's and some head league offical said they last time they focused on enforcing it was 1984, which happened to be the same year Marino set his record, so it's interesting that the same thing is happening when Manning broke it. I'm not saying this to take anything away from Manning, it's just an interesting fact.

BCWWF
12-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Somebody up there said that Payton Manning has a dull attitude, but I am starting to disagree, those new ads are opening him up and IMO making him the name of the NFL

The Outlaw
12-27-2004, 04:09 PM
CUT THAT MEAT

I think the rule is fair myself.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-27-2004, 04:30 PM
NFL is just trying to make the game easier for the offense. When is the last time you saw offensive pass interference called?

This isn't just helping Manning though, look at the whole NFL. Look at how many 1000 yard recievers there are this season.

Nervous Ferret
12-27-2004, 04:31 PM
ohhhh snap

VonErich Lives
12-27-2004, 06:13 PM
NFL is just trying to make the game easier for the offense. When is the last time you saw offensive pass interference called?

This isn't just helping Manning though, look at the whole NFL. Look at how many 1000 yard recievers there are this season.

Exactly, the NFL has always been ahead of the curve, protecting QB's, and now allowing more scoring, if they didn't do something you'd see more 7-10 games. While from a pure football standpoint those can be fun, most casual fans get bored.

BCWWF
12-27-2004, 06:27 PM
I have seen quite a bit of offensive pass interference this year actually. The Vikings got called for it quite a bit.

RP
12-27-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure how you figure he lost composure against San Diego. I mean he pretty much won the game by chasing the punt team off and keeping his composure. He's clutch.

BCWWF
12-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Well obviously New England fans have a strong bias against the Colts, just like me for the Packers or White Sox, so everything they are saying has to be taken with a grain of salt

VonErich Lives
12-28-2004, 03:20 AM
I'm not sure how you figure he lost composure against San Diego. I mean he pretty much won the game by chasing the punt team off and keeping his composure. He's clutch.

again, as I said, first half.

Did you watch the game? He was doing his "Derek Lowe" as I call it. Shaking his head, talking to himself, pulling a Dan Marino by yelling at everyone else when he made a mistake, he looked whiney and confused, same way he looks when he plays the Patriots, like he just can't believe nothing is working.

again, as I also said, something happened at 1/2 time and he pulled it together which is something he hadn't done before. When he starts beating good teams, in big games and perferable on the road, then you can call him "clutch" till then he ain't done crap to be called "clutch". I'd still like to see a break down of those 4th qtr comebacks... how many points were they down, who were they playing, and where the games were. I bet you'll find most those games were against bad teams and/or at home.

I still agree he's a great QB, but unless he can win the big games and at least make a superbowl 10yrs from now, people will be having the same debate between him and Brady as they do now between Marino and Montana.

Clearly, Marino had the better "skills" but Montana won the big games, stay'd calm under pressure, etc...

Back when Marino play'd his teams were like the Colts, great offense most years and an average defense. Which makes it more of a comparaison.

Well obviously New England fans have a strong bias against the Colts, just like me for the Packers or White Sox, so everything they are saying has to be taken with a grain of salt

Actually, no... NE fans have a strong Biased against the Jets (I don't) or the Dolphins (I do) and recently you can add the Steelers to the list (I don't have a biased, they're the #1 team, I just don't like them, but not as much as I don't like the phins, but it's not as much fun not liking the phins when they don't win... you wanna dislike a team that's competitve, makes it more fun).

Moonax
12-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Manning is a flat-track bully. Plus look at how he pads his stats by calling his own number rather than James in the red zone.

If he's so good then why hasn't he won the super-bowl? whenever the heat is on he folds like a pack of cards.

It is also the biggest non-record out there. Talk about hype over nothing.

VEL - it isn't just the 5 yard rule. But look at the other things that DB's could do in the 1970's and 80's that they can't do now. No stickum. Bump and run was bump and run all the way.

As per usual the media gets all wet over a total non-event.

VonErich Lives
12-28-2004, 08:43 AM
VEL - it isn't just the 5 yard rule. But look at the other things that DB's could do in the 1970's and 80's that they can't do now. No stickum. Bump and run was bump and run all the way.

Yes, bump and run, which is the 5yd zone which became a rule in the mid-70's and WR's can't use stickem either anymore so that's a trade off.

Y2Ant
12-28-2004, 10:53 AM
So bumping a WR after 5 yards, is that defensive pass interference, or illegal contact, and whats the difference between those two :o?

I understand that the O-line has to like block and push, but not grab and hold them outside the shoulders, i've seen WRs hold people though I think.

So like in theory, a DB could just lay out a WR on the line of scrimmage and that's legal? I can understand the rule, since if a DB could do what he wanted after any amount of yards, a WR would never be able to catch the ball. It never seems to be a fair matchup with WR vs. CB to me really.

Y2Ant
12-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Oh yeah, how do you know like which guys are eligible as recievers, because i've seen penalties on guys catching the ball when they were a blocker or something, and teams being in an "illegal formation", I never really get what that is all about. :mad:

And when they have a guy in motion, I dunno why they do that either. :$

VonErich Lives
12-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Stima's refrence may be a little fresher then mine (young whipper snapper).

Yes, at the line a DB can throw a block/hit onto a WR and knock him down. Reason it doesn't happen much is there's a better chance of the DB missing on a big hit like that from a standstill and the WR burning him, so you typically see a "bump" meaning they give a push off while they start to run.

After 5yds it's pass interferance which I believe is the same or a form of "illegal contact" but in the case of a DB it's called as pass interferance, where other positions would have "illegal contact"

Illegal formation, there has to be 7 offensive player on the line of scrimmage to start every play, if you have 6 it's a 5yd penalty.

man in motion, once players are set (not moving) one player may move from left to right or right to left. He can not go forewards and only one player can be in motion at a time, so say a WR goes in motion he has to come to a complete stop before someone else could go in motion and he can go side to side, but can't turn up tword the line of scrimmage.

In the old days, I think the head coach at Michigan had a great offense where the player would be going full speed and turning up field at the snap and getting a hand off.

Hope the info helps.

VonErich Lives
12-28-2004, 04:52 PM
interesting article from the Washington Post w/ stats.

Summary:

5yds rule started in 78, was never really enforced, except 1984.

Through week 14, 164 illegal contact this season
Last year through week 14 only 66

Scoring is 43.1/per game, 4th highest in 37yrs
Scoring was 41.7/per game last year.

Total yds up 20yds/game over last year.

passing up 23yds/game 5th highest total ever.

and talks about what I said earlier that when Marino set his record they also we're emphasizing the rule.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A24834-2004Dec24.html

i

Y2Ant
12-28-2004, 06:22 PM
OK, that kinda explains it all, thanks :heart:

Now I understand everything except the onside kick :shifty:

VonErich Lives
12-28-2004, 06:29 PM
OK, that kinda explains it all, thanks :heart:

Now I understand everything except the onside kick :shifty:

I'm going to have to start charging you for this stuff :)

point is to get the ball back, usually done near end of game when you just scored and you need to score again.

Ball is live, unlike a punt where the ball is dead till the rec team touches it.

The live ball, must go at least 10yds (someone correct me if it's not 10).

After 10yds the kicking team can recover.

Inside 10yds it must touch a member of the receiving team for the kicking to to recover.

If it goes out of bounds inside 10yds, it's a penalty and a rekick (not sure if they move the kick back or just make you re-kick).

Once every few years on a kick off, he Kick Returner will walk past the goal line, letting the ball go past him assuming it's going to go out the back of the endzone for a touchback. Of course, 99% of the time this happens, one in awhile, usualy a brain fart by the kick returner and usually in college they forget the ball is live and walk away and the kicking team recovers in the end zone which is a touch down.

el fregadero
12-29-2004, 01:38 AM
I did that to somebody in Madden once. It was one of the best moments of my life.

Bazooka
12-29-2004, 01:44 AM
I did that to somebody in Madden once. It was one of the best moments of my life.
When I beat Zelda Ocarina of Time on January 23, 1999. One of the happiest days of my life.

el fregadero
12-29-2004, 01:46 AM
This is different, when you do it to somebody sitting right next to you and get to laugh in their face, it is the greatest thing ever.

Bazooka
12-29-2004, 01:50 AM
Laughing in people's faces is one of my favourite things.

Anyway, I haven't played Madden 2005 yet since our PS2 has been down but I was planning on getting it :mad: Now I don't know if I will ever get the chance again.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-29-2004, 01:51 AM
Oh yeah, how do you know like which guys are eligible as recievers, because i've seen penalties on guys catching the ball when they were a blocker or something, and teams being in an "illegal formation", I never really get what that is all about. :mad:

And when they have a guy in motion, I dunno why they do that either. :$
I am not even totally sure myself, there is a ton of different rules about eligible recievers, like having an unbalanced line, or more guys on one side of the formation can make a tight end "dead" or ineligible.

Usually, the WR's, TE, and running backs are eligible recievers. While offensive lineman arent. That can change though due to the amount of guys on one side of the formation and shit like that. I am not even totally sure though :-\

An illegal formation can be too many mean on the line, or not enough. You need 7 guys "on the line" so you have your 5 offensive lineman on the line, then you need 2 others. Thats why you see certain wideouts point to the offical when they want to be "on the line" becuase the ref gives them a spot and they put there foot on it to show they are on the line. Also, I think there needs to be 3 guys on the line on the opposite sides of the center. I am not totally sure about that one, but I am pretty sure there. That would be an illegal formation also. There is more examples aswell.

BCWWF
12-29-2004, 01:53 AM
Can't you tell the refs that you are eligable before the play?

MoRcHeEbA
12-29-2004, 01:56 AM
yeah I thought I saw on a game this weekend that just passed that before the play the ref annouced so and so on the O-line was eligable

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-29-2004, 01:59 AM
Yeah, well you can throw in another offensive tackle in at tight end for blocking. But lets say the tackle is number 77...77 isnt an eligable number, so since he is in a eligable reciever spot you say something to the ref.

Y2Ant
12-30-2004, 09:31 PM
The thing about onside kicks I don't get though, if its just a kick that goes 10 yards and is up for grabs, why is it deemed so difficult for the team kicking it to recover it? All you have to do is run and jump up and catch it :mad:

Like the ones i've seen (except the one dallas kicked and recovered) the guy just kicks it to the other team, and they just catch it.

I think it has to hit the ground first, because that like makes it live or whatever, and people can call for a fair catch I think

The Outlaw
12-31-2004, 02:23 AM
It doesn't have to hit the ground first.

Y2Ant
12-31-2004, 12:42 PM
:o

VonErich Lives
12-31-2004, 04:00 PM
The thing about onside kicks I don't get though, if its just a kick that goes 10 yards and is up for grabs, why is it deemed so difficult for the team kicking it to recover it? All you have to do is run and jump up and catch it :mad:

Like the ones i've seen (except the one dallas kicked and recovered) the guy just kicks it to the other team, and they just catch it.

I think it has to hit the ground first, because that like makes it live or whatever, and people can call for a fair catch I think

It's difficult because it tends to end up close to the other team, plus the kicker has to kick it right.

The most succesful is when the kicker makes it go end over end and it bounced high in the air, gives the team a chance to get there and go for it.

The Miz
12-31-2004, 05:28 PM

The other team is standing right there 10 yards away so they essentially have to kick it right to them