PDA

View Full Version : **Smackdown spoilers**

Saimou
04-13-2005, 12:34 AM
COMPLETE SMACKDOWN SPOILERS FROM CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

Smackdown:

*WWE United States champion Orlando Jordan vs. Booker T. The Bashams and Big Show got involved, setting up General Manager Teddy Long decreeing they would have a handicap match right now....

*Big Show & Booker T defeated WWE United States champion Orlando Jordan & The Bashams.

*Torrie Wilson pinned Dawn Marie.

*Carlito's Cabana: MNM, Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury (Joey Matthews), managed by Melina debuted, challenging Rey Mysterio for a shot at the WWE Tag Team championship before laying him out.

*Backstage, John Bradshaw Layfield blamed his cabinet for his losing the WWE title to John Cena. JBL walks out and runs into a UPS deliveryman who has a package for John Cena. JBL takes the package for him, believing its a new championship belt.

*Backstage, Rey Misterio is being checked out by the doctor when Eddie Guerrero comes on the scene, saying he just heard what happened and was late to the building because of a problem with his ride. Rey tells Guerrero he just wants to be alone after everything that happened last week.

*WWE champion John Cena comes out for a title belt presentation. They plug Wrestlemania 22 will be in Chicago. JBL comes out with the box and when he goes into the box, but when he goes into it, there's nothing in it but meat guts. Cena says that he got JBL the one thing that he didn't have - guts - and dumps it over JBL's head. They lower a new WWE championship belt that spins from the ceiling. Cena celebrates and shows it off to the crowd.

*Heidenreich defeated an unnamed opponent and reads the beaten opponent a poem about "Breaking Wind in the Windy City." Heidenreich actually got a big pop for the poem

*Backstage, Booker T is doing promotional photos while Sharmell psyche him up. Kurt Angle shows up and talks down to T. Sharmell gets in Angle's face and Angle mocks Booker for having a woman defend him.

*WWE Cruiserweight champion Paul London cuts a promo saying that he has 18 staples in his head from last week and isn't cleared to wrestle, but he's there for a fight and calls out Chavo Guerrero. Guerrero came to the ring and tells London that he stole the title and never defeated Guerrero. Guerrero says that he's a man of honor and won't go after London while he's hurt. Billy Kidman attacked London, and they brawled. London got the better of him and hit the 450 splash, then showed off the belt to infuriate Guerrero.

*They plugged Big Show vs. Booker T for next week.

*Kurt Angle pinned Eddie Guerrero in about 20 minutes of a good match. There was a ref bump. Angle went to grab a chair but Rey Misterio came out and hit the West Coast Pop. Rey grabs the chair, and Guerrero sees him with the chair, so they have words. Angle hits Rey, who knocks into Guerrero with the chair. Angle scores the pin. Rey and Eddie face off after the match.

Dark:

*JBL comes out and demands a rematch against John Cena. Teddy Long comes out, setting up John Cena coming out. They have a quick match with Cena defeating Bradshaw with the F-U.
(PWinsider)

This week just sucks. First Matt Hardy, then Diva Search II, then Molly Holly, and when I thought I couldn't be more angry with wwe, a spinning wwe-title :(

Discuss.

Lara Emily
04-13-2005, 12:45 AM
God why can't they just leave titles alone. It was funny when Lance did it because all he did was put stickers on the belts, or when Austin did it because it actually looked good, this whole spinning shit is dumb

KingofOldSchool
04-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Who cares about some spinning WWE Title?

MNM! :love:

RemyRed
04-13-2005, 12:46 AM
The spinning title wasnt that bad actually. Looks cool.

Mr. JL
04-13-2005, 12:46 AM
I'll Bit Torrent it and have a look at Carlito, London and the Angle V. Guerrero match.

Fox
04-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Meat guts? Spinning WWE Title? Seriously. What the fuck. WWE can kiss my ass this week.

Corkscrewed
04-13-2005, 01:04 AM
I missed this. Who's this Sharmell? She sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. Is she Booker's real life wife, or some new girl, or what?

Carlito's Cabana sounded fun.

KingofOldSchool
04-13-2005, 01:05 AM
I missed this. Who's this Sharmell? She sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. Is she Booker's real life wife, or some new girl, or what?

Carlito's Cabana sounded fun.

She was Paisley in WCW and she was one of the people the WWE got when they bought WCW.

Then they released her.

And yes she's the Book's real life wife.

AareDub
04-13-2005, 01:33 AM
Paul London, Dawn Marie, and a 20 minute Angle/Guerrero match. Sounds half way entertaining at least.

Tornado
04-13-2005, 05:19 AM
Pics of the title would be good.

Dave Youell
04-13-2005, 06:40 AM
I haven't seen any of MNM but i have seen them individually and if they are allowed to do all there stuff we could have another Hardy Boys on our hands which sounds good IMO, with those guys and also the Shane Twins in the works smackdowns tag scene is look OKish again.

Innovator
04-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Haven't seen Joey Matthews since ECW

SuperSlim
04-13-2005, 07:33 AM
sounds decent to bad.

The spinning U.S. title looked awful. Hopefully the spinning WWE title won't look awful even though i still consider it a disgrace to it. And just reading WWE champion John Cena doesn't even sound right. Sure he is over but his time was before WM 21. Back when he was entertaining. Now he's just bland crap.

I dunno. Here's hope that it looks better on TV than it reads.

Jonster
04-13-2005, 07:39 AM
sounds decent to bad.

The spinning U.S. title looked awful. Hopefully the spinning WWE title won't look awful even though i still consider it a disgrace to it. And just reading WWE champion John Cena doesn't even sound right. Sure he is over but his time was before WM 21. Back when he was entertaining. Now he's just bland crap.

I dunno. Here's hope that it looks better on TV than it reads.
Fingers crossed.

Loose Cannon
04-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Here Come the Tag Teams. About time they got called up. They've been saying it forever.

Just John
04-13-2005, 08:08 AM
carlitos cabana....lol "I spit in the face of blah blah blah" thanks to cool king for that funny comment.....I'll never get tired of that :rofl:

Disturbed316
04-13-2005, 09:33 AM
LJGBEAOUGHAEGIBEAGP

JOHNNY FUCKING NITRO :D :D :D :D

Hardkore Kidd J
04-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Would somebody fill me in who MNM is?

Gerard
04-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Nothing about the lottery? Doesn't look like its gona happen, somehow i doubt smackdown would be able to get a big announcement like that over raw.

RP
04-13-2005, 12:56 PM
The Paul London segment sounds awesome.

Sephiroth
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Would somebody fill me in who MNM is?

MNM = Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury (Joey Matthews) if i ain't mistaking.

Loose Cannon
04-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Matthews Nitro Melina

Hardkore Kidd J
04-13-2005, 02:23 PM
MNM = Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury (Joey Matthews) if i ain't mistaking.
Oh, never seen them wrestle but chances are good they couldn't hurt the tag division any more then they all ready have so Seeing another tag team on SD is a good thing.:yes:

PureHatred
04-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Actually that sounds fairly entertaining. I'm not sure why people freak out about the spinning belt so muhc that they miis:

--the debut of MNM

--an entire segment (astounding for the WWE) building up the chase for the Cruiserweight title

-- Heidenreich reciting poetry

--the slow burn of Eddie/Rey. Because, when this split occurs, an Eddie/Rey feud is going tear the house down.

--A WWE product where the main event is a 20 min match between Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero. Thats going to be solid, even with a bump by Rey.

"Pimp my Title" aside, that reads like the best Smackdown they've had in a while.

RGWhat316
04-13-2005, 03:27 PM
MNM, its about time they got on the show. I saw them at a SmackDown house show over a month ago and they seemed alright. Their manager is that black chick with the blonde hair from the diva search.

Angle/Eddie for 20 minutes, can't go wrong with that.

Sounds like an alright show, and I actually want to see the new Cena belt. He should have his own kind.

Loose Cannon
04-13-2005, 03:31 PM
That black chick IS NOT Melina. Melina is that spanish chick that was in that Diva limbo game on Raw a while back.

Corkscrewed
04-13-2005, 04:26 PM
I thought that name sounded familiar. She was... not as nice on the eyes.

KingofOldSchool
04-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Melina:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/vivalasdivas1/melina/7.jpg

James Steele
04-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Damn it, when will people realize that not every fucking thing has to fucking spin. If that belt looks shittier than the US Title... I will whine about it.

Marcyo
04-13-2005, 08:20 PM
They lower a new WWE championship belt that spins from the ceiling.

Whoa.

Spinning belts bring the ratings down. :shifty:

Seriously, ask any mark and he'll tell you the belt is cool. Just try it and you'll see. What's freakin cool about a damn spinning title? Looks like a kid toy rather than a wrestling championship belt, actually.

Lets say you show one of your friends what wrestling is for the first time. He thinks it's pretty cool, cruiserweights matches, eddie/rey feud...

and then he sees the champ.

A guy in his early 20s (i think) comes out with a sucker theme song, while rapping. He's the CHAMP. He's on top of the mountain. And he comes out with a freakin spinning title belt made of plastic while screamin out loud, ''WAZZUP CHAIN GANG! THE CHAMP IS HEEEEERE! THE CHAMP IS HEEEEERE!''

And then your friend tells you about how much you suck for watching wrestling, punches you in the head and throws you in a crocodile-filled river.

So... spinning belts bring the ratings down cuz the fans die. :shifty:

M. Banana
04-13-2005, 09:16 PM
:rofl:

Alas, more talentless shit.. erm... divas. :y:

MNM sounds good... Cabana.. meh..

Spinning Title.. what the fuck. Am I the only one that SERIOUSLY wants to kick Vince's ass? Then tatoo the words TPWW.net onto his forehead?! Gah...

And SHARMELL is an ex-diva/Booker's Wife.

:y:

Gouda
04-14-2005, 08:13 PM
The Cabana was... cool.

And Heidenreich... just did a face promo/poem.... I think. He wanted everybody to be his "friend".

James Steele
04-14-2005, 09:55 PM
LMAO... "I like blowing farts out of my ass, like I like wind blowing through the grass."

Ruien
04-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Carlito is awesome!

The Answer
04-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Haven't seen Joey Matthews since ECW

Did he go by that name in ECW? I can't recall him. Did he team with anyone?

Gone Mad
04-14-2005, 10:16 PM
SD! was better than Raw this week in my opinion. Carlito... he's cool. Angle/Guerrero was fun, as was Heiden's poem and MNM coming out and killing Rey. And I think Sharmell has really help bring Booker back into the spotlight since I think he has gotten cooler...

...Though not as cool as Carlito. :cool:

What Would Kevin Do?
04-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Whoa.

Lets say you show one of your friends what wrestling is for the first time. He thinks it's pretty cool, cruiserweights matches, eddie/rey feud...

and then he sees the champ.

A guy in his early 20s (i think) comes out with a sucker theme song, while rapping. He's the CHAMP. He's on top of the mountain. And he comes out with a freakin spinning title belt made of plastic while screamin out loud, ''WAZZUP CHAIN GANG! THE CHAMP IS HEEEEERE! THE CHAMP IS HEEEEERE!''

And then your friend tells you about how much you suck for watching wrestling, punches you in the head and throws you in a crocodile-filled river.

People like Cena, get over it. The fact is, there are other people out there who like wrestling for different reasons. SOme love cruisers, Eddie/Rey, etc. Others are in it for the entertainment, like Cena, Carlito, etc. By doing what they do, they are bringing in the most amount of fans while driving away the least. They can't cater to one group.

Anywho, does anyone find it ironic that MnM are using the "Problem Solver" as a finisher, which was the move of the team Joey Mathews feuded against in ECW?

TerranRich
04-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Wow. That Angle/Eddie match was phenomenal, one of the best matches I've seen ever. Why couldn't they have saved it for a PPV? :p

I lmao'ed when Carlito said "Wow, what an entrance! Let me be the first to say...you guys are COOL!" :rofl:

And the Heidenreich poem was hilarious. Maybe he's not such a dead weight after all... :)

Corkscrewed
04-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Melina:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/vivalasdivas1/melina/7.jpg
Okay, nevermind. http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif

Wow, what an entrance! The whole high leg splits upskirts tease... http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/drool.gif

El Santo
04-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Damn. Paisley's got more charisma than the entire Smackdown Diva roster combined. Melina seems to have some potential, though.

And, crap... Heidenreich made me laugh tonight. "He's my friend! My friend!" Heh.

loopydate
04-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Really good SD tonight. The new belt is lame, but the "guts" promo was pretty good. For face Cena.

I missed most of the first hour (watching "Survivor"), so I missed MNM, but I watched a few of their matches when I was in Indiana a couple of months back, and these guys are phenomenal. They're pretty funny on the mic, and both can tear it up in the ring. If they let Nitro do his standing shooting star press... :drool:

Why is it that wrestlers' wives/girlfriends make better divas than $250,000 "talent" searches? Sharmell was really good in the Booker/Angle segment, even though she was a little "Oh, no you di-en'!" for my taste.

The London/Kidman/Chavo segment was done well, too. Paul London is proof that cruisers can get over based on in-ring presence alone. When WWE let him pick up the pace of his matches on Velocity, the crowds went nuts, and I'm so thrilled they're letting him have a title run. That dropsault/standing moonsault combo on Kidman and Chavo was :eek: I'd seen him do it in tag matches, but I just didn't see it coming tonight.

Heidenreich was pretty funny, even though I changed channels during his poem (out of habit). Maybe next week, I'll actually watch the whole thing.

All in all, one of the best SmackDowns in a long time and worlds better than RAW. "B" show, my ass...

Corkscrewed
04-15-2005, 12:39 AM
If they let Nitro do his standing shooting star press... But Paul London does that... :shifty:

RAW's been pretty good, but this past Monday was below recent par. This Eddie/kurt match is pretty good tho.

SammyG
04-15-2005, 12:51 AM
Carlito's Cabana kicks ass

SammyG
04-15-2005, 12:54 AM
lol, angles ass gettin exposed

Corkscrewed
04-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Wow... a little too much Kurt... :lol:

What a match! Angle Slam kicked out of... Frog Splash kicked out of.. (how many times have we seen that happen? not often...)

And Eddie's gonna lose :( but great match!!!!

Hired Hitman
04-15-2005, 04:25 AM
I am really Diggin' MNM, also Carlito's Cabana ruled :cool:

Gertner
04-15-2005, 12:45 PM
lol Heidenrich is really growing on me.