PDA

View Full Version : Random Raw thoughts from last week (Which probably includes spoilers, deal)

Kane Knight
02-05-2006, 11:28 PM
I meant to make some comments about Raw while they were fresh in my head, and ended up forgetting. Funny that.

Still, felt like commenting anyway.

I still don't much like Masters, but his role with Carlito is pretty decent. Especially with the whole "*whack!* Now...We're cool" deal. He's lackluster on the mic and in the ring, but he's been pretty entertaining with CCC.

Triple H and Chavo put on a damn fine match. I don't think HHH has been that enjoyable in a while. The only thing that was missing was a "Beat him like a sack of pupies!" Ref.

I thought putting the belt back on Cena was admitting that they'd made a mistake, and he was the lesser of two evils. I'd hoped that they would then kind of move on (Not drop Edge wanting his rematch or anything, but pushing someone else to take over, saying "You've had your chance."). Little did I know they'd do something that'll clearly continue the storyline. Why? Are the yafraid that Cena will lose his newfound appreciation if he's not up against Vanilla Angst?

I realised that I don't care about the stupid gimmick, Shelton's winning matches and he's entertaining while doing so. Plus, I think a feud with the NAture Boy might help get him back on track. Never thought I'd be looking forward to a program with Flair.

Goldust...'Nuff said. :love:

.44 Magdalene
02-05-2006, 11:54 PM
I think that's the first time I've ever seen you make that smiley, KK. It's a little eery.

At any rate, yeah. I enjoyed RAW more than I usually do, which isn't saying much...but meh. As my friend put it, it's good that they have Golddust being real Golddust again, not "run in and save Coach for no reason" Golddust. Plus, Shelton getting back Flair's belt = GOLD. I mean it. Flair with any kind of title--or even wrestling, really--irks the living piss out of me like little else. The whole Shelton's momma thing is working out surprisingly well, as it compensates for Shelton's iffiness on the mic and makes him almost as entertaining OUT of the ring as he is IN the ring. Entertaining in a morbid curiosity sort of way, sure, but it's making me watch, which is what really matters here.

I still can't stand Chris Masters. He's less irritating with Carlito than he is doing anything else, but I still wish he'd get the world's fastest cancer.

OH, and yeah. I actually LIKED the HHH / Chavo match. I knew Chavo was gonna bite it at the end, but I'm glad they actually put on a show about it instead of just smashing Chavo straight to the job.

Kane Knight
02-06-2006, 12:00 AM
:love:

Kane Knight
02-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Scared yet?

.44 Magdalene
02-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Jesus Christ, man, you're gonna kill me.

Kane Knight
02-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Chavo not just being blatantly squashed was definite;ly a hjigh point. I'd be pissed if they did that, meanwhile Rey milks Eddie and gets a main event level push.

.44 Magdalene
02-06-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm starting to think this topic's just gonna be the two of us.

At any rate, yeah. I was pleasantly surprised. When they first mentioned the match, my first instinct was HHH squashing Chavo. Hell, even after Chavo started getting some offense in, I thought it would be only a minute or so before the running knee lift, pick up and Pedigree.

Kane Knight
02-06-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm starting to think this topic's just gonna be the two of us.

*dims the lights* :naughty:

At any rate, yeah. I was pleasantly surprised. When they first mentioned the match, my first instinct was HHH squashing Chavo. Hell, even after Chavo started getting some offense in, I thought it would be only a minute or so before the running knee lift, pick up and Pedigree.

Yeah, especially with the HHH "revenge" deal. I expected this to be another match where the Game shows just how fucking badass he is by ending a match, Undertaker_Style.

Savio
02-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Threesome?

Anyway I would just like to say I liked sheltons momma since day 2....she was nuetral on day 1

I'll leave you 2 alone now.

RGWhat316
02-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Gotta agree with KK regarding Masters. I still don't like the guy, and most of the live crowds don't either. He's gotten a little better in this mini feud with Carlito, but I still wouldn't buy him as the face in this feud.

Goldust still rules. He is one of the few guys who doesn't have to change his gimmick to be entertaining. :yes:

I also agree on Shelton. His momma makes things entertaining, but he's winning matches again and nothing wrong with that. Hopefully this will pay off with a big feud with Flair and winning the IC title at WM.

Mr. JL
02-06-2006, 06:09 PM
KK, talk about RVD!

starfox8500
02-06-2006, 06:18 PM
*dims the lights* :naughty:

Hey, whats going on in here? :eek: Oh you guys are just making sandwhices. Ugg why do you guys have so much mannase?

Blitz
02-06-2006, 06:21 PM
I will agree that Masters is improving.

Afterlife
02-06-2006, 07:05 PM
In regards to Masters, I, too enjoyed the confrontation between he amd C3 before the match. Upon realizing I enjoyed a Masters segment, I almost felt sick to my stomach; after he broke Stevie's face, I vowed to remain anti-Masters to the very end, regardless of his development...but, as much I truly--no, righteously loathe to admit, he was mildly entertaining that night.

There was a brief moment in the Chavo/H match that I thot Chavo might just beat him, calling up a real demon in H to actually go on a rampage, proving himself to be 'the best' and most deserving for the WM title shot. But you know what? After that super bad ass Pedigree -- a volume of power I"ve not seen in a while -- I can't blame Chavo for not kicking out. Fives stars a piece, gentlemen.

Goldust was magnificent as always, both in character and his unique fighting style. I could give a rat's ass if he lost his re-debut match; c'mon, it's fuckin' Goldust. Just be glad he's taking tv time away from Lance Cade.

And as much as I DO want Flair to stop having a belt, I don't want him to have to wrestle on tv to do it.

Oh, and I'd like to add: "Wooo!" for RVD; "Booo!" for RVD vs. Snitsky.

Kane Knight
02-06-2006, 07:17 PM
KK, talk about RVD!

RVD: See also, Goldust, God.