PDA

View Full Version : Hey Wee Gooner and Downunder (Aus world football talk)

yianni
03-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Favourite memories of soccer/football in Australia please gents. This includes NSL, State leagues and the national teams.

32 years of failure, ill-fortune. The ones I've lived through: Israel '89, Argentina '93, Iran '97 (the worst of the lot), Uruguay '01. Not to mention New fucking Zealand knocking us out in '81. Copping all this shit when arriving in Montevideo in 2001, to the true Aussie football supporters FINALLY saying "fuck this" and FOR ONCE blasting the away team for the home leg, instead of rolling out the red carpet for them like we usually do.

The Socceroos are the only Australian national team that truly represents multicultural Australia. Fuck off with your bullshit cricket and rugby etc, they're filled with just dinky-di yobbos or black cunts. We have Masos, Croatians, Germans, Greeks, Italians, Poms etc and dinky-di's representing the Socceroos so the other sports can shove it up their arse, nothing comes close to representing true Australia like the Socceroos and the world game of football

It makes me sick now remembering seeing all these fucking wankers parade around Sydney during the time I was up there, with Johnny Warren t-shirts and chanting about him, when it was evidently clear that none of them knew fuck all about him. When these same cunts were calling the sport a poofter's sport (see: Y2C) and bagging it, the Godfather of Football Johnny Warren was saying "it isn't wogball, it's the game of the world". So fuck off to any wanker who pretends they know what a great man he was, when it's clear they don't have a fucking clue. :mad: :mad:

The Socceroos qualifying for the World Cup is in fact a victory for wogs in Australia (I'm including poms here), the ones who bought the game here and kept it going for all these years. The Scotland '85 world cup campaign was played in front of only 25k at Olympic Park, and heaps of them were Greeks. In fact the late great Eddie Thompson when commentating that game, said "the Hellas fans are great, they travel to support South Melbourne everywhere and they also turn up and make alot of noise for the Socceroos". No bogan cunt gave a fuck back then. Many still don't but at least back then they didn't pretend they cared for 1 day every 4 years. Stick to your insular backyard game of AFL with its ridiculous gimmick pre-season comps you stupid cunts :cool:

The best thing about the qualification was knowing I had seen those players from early on: Lazaridis at West Adelaide Hellas, Aloisi at Adelaide City, Viduka at Melbourne Croatia, Bresciano, Grella and Colosimo at Carlton SC and heaps more. The old days of Schwartzer copping flares at Middle Park when Hellas scored 2 injury time goals to beat Marconi 2-0 in the "Clash of the Titans" of season 92/93. 15,000 cramming into Middle Park even though it had been PISS POURING down all day, when Francis Awaritefe scored the 2nd the entire place went off. Schwartzer just standing in his goal area shaking his head and 6 flares flying past him :rofl: :lol: fuck I need to get that onto DVD and send it over to you guys :lol:

Enough for now, your turn :rant: :y:

Downunder
03-10-2006, 05:08 AM
You know what the shame of it is - even if we won the fucking World Cup no more cunts would come and support the local game.

The FFA etc are living in a dream world if they think even qualifing wiould make a difference. The week after we showed Urgay how to play Football there was no more buggers at the Glory game than normal. Typical fucking Aussies only follow the winners - if the Aussie cricket team played shit for the next two years they would be playing tests in empty ovals.

yianni
03-10-2006, 11:24 PM
The FFA are fucking idiots for making the new national competition like the fucken Sheffield Sheild or whatever the hell it's called now - one team per city (but of course allowing three of the 8 teams to be from NSW :roll: ) and getting rid of the old derbies from the NSL that were always good value. The Adelaide United - South derby in the final NSL season was quality, 2 absolutely outstanding away trips where our fans took over their ground. No punchons just quality football banter. And the games against Perth Glory in Melbourne always attracted a good crowd and it was always a quality football game. South vs Perth in 2001, 1st vs 2nd at Bob Jane Stadium, PISSPOURING down all afternoon and a good 12k still rocked up for the 1-1 draw. Glory always had a few supporters at these games too. Another quality rivalry was Knights-Glory

Once the team struggles and the gloss wears off (ie the NSL with a gloss of paint on it) watch the numbers drop. Every team that finishes last will get crowds like NZ Knights. For fucks sake even Canberra Cosmos were getting 1500 at least when they finishing last year after year. With all this television coverage and marketing NZ Knights can't even get 2k? Look at Perth Glory now, they got better crowds in the NSL than they do now, same with Adelaide United

yianni
03-11-2006, 08:56 AM
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/2283/n23454fz.jpg

toxic rooster
03-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Well I nearly got chased out of my own ground last night, stupid away fans. I'm out injured so I'm running a line, 0-0 in the 80th minute, their cunt scores from more than 3 metres offside, I call it and the stupid cunts call me a cheat.

Final whistle goes, I almost throw my flag to the ref, grab my keys and pissbolt round the back of the sheds to my car. If they saw me, I'd probably be dead now

yianni
03-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Near punch-ons in our indoor game on Thursday night. Get this, a team full of Greeks (my team), the other team a bunch of bitchy Italians who were absolutely dirty cunts...and a Lebanese referee. :rofl:

Y2C
03-11-2006, 09:53 PM
The Australian soccer team is the only Australian national team that has none of its representatives actually living in Australia.

Y2C
03-11-2006, 10:18 PM
And yes, you were correct in saying that it's a poofter's sport.

toxic rooster
03-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Have they got the venue of Australia v Lebanon changed to Cronulla beach yet?

Y2C
03-12-2006, 04:40 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Downunder
03-12-2006, 09:13 PM
AFL is Australia's national sport but you can never represent Australia playing it. :roll:

yianni
03-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Normally I'd crack it at Y2C for posting in here, but it's a simple payback for me storming into the AwFuL thread, so I'll cop that.

Downunder you are wrong - you can represent Straya in glorified eggball - you play a bunch of Oirish cunts in a game that is a poor man's soccer. Goalkeepers, the round ball etc for fucks sake! ahahahahaha these cunts try so hard to be like soccer but they just can't quite get there. :rofl:

Downunder
03-13-2006, 01:30 AM
went to the Scotty Miller, Bobby Despoicantspelloffski tetmonial match last night, what a pisser - Matty Horsley rugby tackled Glen Jackovich :lol:

I started a chant: Why don't you run like Ben Cousins, the whole fucking shed at full voice - Jacko was pissing himself. Eddie Lenny the wanker even got a kick. Chanting Eddie Eddie give us a wave, and when he did: You're still a fucking wanker. :lol:

Ended up a 5 all draw, Bobby got one, Jacko got two (tried one with his hands and was dissallowed), Scotty got a couple as well. Met the boys afterwards in the members bar. Top night :y:

yianni
03-13-2006, 02:25 AM
I heard guys like Vas Kalogeracos and Vinko played! Fuck I'll never forget the Hellas-Perth 3-3 at Bob Jane in the late 90s when we went 3 up then Vas came on for Glory and fucken scored a hattrick to equalise. Then he ended up playing for us in 2001. :lol:

AHAHAHAHHAHAA @ Eddie Lennie copping it, him and Con Diomis were my most hated referees in the NSL, along with Neil Fox the fucking cunt. Lennie t with that bullshit smile on his face every decision, Diomis the card-happy prick, who always played no injury time when Hellas was losing, but 10 minutes of stoppage time when Hellas was holding onto a lead! :roll: :lol:

You cunts should have gotten Boutsianis to play in that testimonial

Y2C
03-13-2006, 03:52 AM
AFL is Australia's national sport but you can never represent Australia playing it. :roll:
Yeah, you can in that fucking stupid Gays licking Footballs against Ireland.

There's also an AA team, but they don't really do much, which makes them have something in common with the soccer team.

yianni
03-13-2006, 04:03 AM
ahahahaha so clearly these cunts will be in their own fantasy World Cup then.

Downunder post some pictures of the testimonial if you have any

Y2C
03-13-2006, 04:13 AM
I'd rather a fantasy tournament in which we are represented by real Australians than a real tournament in which were are represented by immigrants.

yianni
03-13-2006, 04:43 AM
Hmm...so apart from a few boongs like Cathy Freeman who the fuck are the real Strayans to support from ANY sport?

toxic rooster
03-13-2006, 04:46 AM
She only ran so fast because she thought she was running from the cops :D

Y2C
03-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Hmm...so apart from a few boongs like Cathy Freeman who the fuck are the real Strayans to support from ANY sport?
Anybody who lives in Australia & isn't Greek. :y:

yianni
03-13-2006, 05:24 AM
This cunt...he'd rather support the fucken lawn bowls than the soccer, just to be a pest. :D

Y2C
03-13-2006, 05:33 AM
When was the last time soccer had a movie starring Mick Molloy? :roll: :roll:

yianni
03-13-2006, 05:42 AM
:roll:!!!!!!!!!!

toxic rooster
03-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Stensational call :D

Downunder
03-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Vinny Jones > Mick Molloy

Y2C
03-14-2006, 02:47 AM
MICK MOLLOY WAS VOTED BY RALPH AS THE GREATEST BLOKE EVER.

QED.

yianni
03-14-2006, 06:06 AM
Mick Molloy is a fucking funny cunt, but Vinnie Jones takes the cake (or Bacardi Breezers, or whatever the fuck he promotes these days)

Downunder
03-14-2006, 07:43 AM
I only buy Ralph for the free thongs

toxic rooster
03-14-2006, 08:19 AM
You get free thongs with Ralph?

On Friday, I lost one of mine and decided to take the other one off, because you know what they say about people wearing one thong.

yianni
03-14-2006, 09:36 PM
because you know what they say about people wearing one thong.

They have one bare foot? :roll:

toxic rooster
03-14-2006, 10:29 PM
yeah

yianni
03-15-2006, 02:26 AM
http://images.newsphotos.com.au/images2/Lores/20722686.jpg

Taken a few weeks back in the game against Preston Blockheads where we came from 0-1 down to fuck the gypsy cunts 2-1, with an injury time winner. :lol:

Y2C
03-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Mick Molloy is a fucking funny cunt, but Vinnie Jones takes the cake (or Bacardi Breezers, or whatever the fuck he promotes these days)
Any male who advertises Breezers can't be called a bloke.

Downunder
03-15-2006, 07:39 AM
You get free thongs with Ralph?

On Friday, I lost one of mine and decided to take the other one off, because you know what they say about people wearing one thong.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~helgar1@iinet.net.au/images/thongs.jpg

Wengerland
03-15-2006, 01:16 PM
I see Steve Corica scored the winning goal in the championship final, quite a tidy strike too :cool:

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/CORICA_Steve_19950911_GH_R.jpg

Bigger picture than i thought, but what a guy.

yianni
03-16-2006, 04:52 AM
I remember him in the old days at Marconi Fairfield, that cunt and fucken Paul Okon used to tear Hellas apart in the old days. It's actually a pity blokes like him and Okon are past their best and won't get a chance to play in the World Cup.

toxic rooster
03-16-2006, 06:49 AM
My brother was watching that game and said 'that old cunt scored the winning goal? That's embarrassing' :lol:

toxic rooster
03-16-2006, 06:50 AM
http://members.iinet.net.au/~helgar1@iinet.net.au/images/thongs.jpg

Doesn't matter, I got a free pair at the pub the other day with a schooner of VB.

Unfortunately, it meant I had to drink VB :(.

yianni
03-16-2006, 07:20 AM
My brother was watching that game and said 'that old cunt scored the winning goal? That's embarrassing' :lol:

ahahahahha all the old NSL cunts are better than the imported wankers in the gAy-League.

Look at Despotovski winning the fucken Player of the Year thing...cunt's 35 year's old for fucks sakes! Then you have Damian Mori training in Adelaide and fucking off to play for Perth and killing it. Then Vaughan Coveny, in his 34 years old, hasn't played top flight football for 2 years, plays 10 games for Newcastle and plays blinders. Not to mention Ante Milicic, Fernando Rech, etc.

Wengerland
03-18-2006, 07:15 AM
I should also say that Patrick Kisnorbo should make the Australian World Cup squad, i know i said he was shit the other month but since he's gone back to centre back he's been superb. Go on Paddy.

James Wesolowski too, if he hadn't broken his leg again :( Played about 3 first team games for us but he was immense.

Pinnacle Charisma
03-18-2006, 07:52 AM
Mick Molly is hugely overrated

Y2C
03-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Do you listen to Tough Love on MMM, you stupid Hawthorn supporter?

Downunder
03-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Commercial FM radio is shit.

very very shit

yianni
03-19-2006, 01:59 AM
I should also say that Patrick Kisnorbo should make the Australian World Cup squad, i know i said he was shit the other month but since he's gone back to centre back he's been superb. Go on Paddy.

Yeah I was going to say in that other thread that his best position is centre back or left back. Patty was always solid when playing central defence at South Melbourne. I think he was in that position as well at Hearts and impressed there, which is why I found it surprising that you didn't like him. But all's good now.

P-P-Paaaatty P-P-Paaaaaty tralalalalalalalalalala :cool:

Ogen
03-20-2006, 09:14 AM
You call flip flops thongs :D thats great

toxic rooster
03-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Though sometimes with foreigners, it can lead to some awkward situations :D

Y2C
03-21-2006, 03:03 AM
What sort of a faggot calls them flip flops?

toxic rooster
03-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Mick Molly is hugely overrated

Not only are you wrong about Mick Molloy, but you're also a Hawthorn fan.

You're 0-2.

Y2C
03-22-2006, 02:37 AM
I addressed both those points by saying "Do you listen to Tough Love on MMM, you stupid Hawthorn supporter?". :roll:

yianni
03-22-2006, 05:59 AM
FUCK OFF WITH THE GLORIFIED EGGBALL TALK IN HERE YOU WANKERS

toxic rooster
03-22-2006, 06:48 AM
Mine was better.

yianni
03-22-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey Downunder I hear South Melbourne will be in the A-League by 2007. :cool: :cool: :D

Y2C
03-23-2006, 04:40 AM
I thought you hated the poofter's league, you faggot.

Y2C
03-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Mine was better.
You just just plagiarised what I said, moron.

Y2C
03-23-2006, 04:41 AM
Oh wait a minute, you're an engineer. Engineering is all about stealing other people's ideas & using them for yourself. :mad:

:D

yianni
03-23-2006, 08:17 AM
I thought you hated the poofter's league, you faggot.

I do, because we're not in it. :roll:

However we will get into it as well as continue to play in state leagues so I can watch my club all year round.

Downunder you're going to love the dodgy wog tactics we're gonna use to get in. The Hellas-Glory (wankers) derby shall indeed continue! :D :cool:

Wengerland
03-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah I was going to say in that other thread that his best position is centre back or left back. Patty was always solid when playing central defence at South Melbourne. I think he was in that position as well at Hearts and impressed there, which is why I found it surprising that you didn't like him. But all's good now.

P-P-Paaaatty P-P-Paaaaaty tralalalalalalalalalala :cool:

I was probably a bit annoyed because at the time we'd lost to fellow relegation candidates and he was playing central midfield and was basically a waste of space, can't deny it wasn't a very bad performance but when he can just do the simple things and see the game unfold, as you can at centre half, he doesn't look a bad player at all.

KISNORBO WOAH-OH
KISNORBO WOAH-OH
HE USED TO BE SHITE
BUT NOW HE'S ALRIGHT

He doesn't like it when we sing that apparantely :o

yianni
03-24-2006, 08:57 AM
hahahaha gold

He came back to South Melbourne as a guest to a game last season. He was down here recovering from an injury (this was when he was still at Hearts). He came over to the supporters and got absolutely mobbed - he was a crowd favourite down here.

yianni
04-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Downunder wtf is happening to Perth Glory? Tana's fucked off and some Asian cunts are moving in or something? What is going to happen to Chicken Treat?

Y2C
04-04-2006, 05:33 AM
I'll tell you what's happening with Perth Glory - they won't be playing in the state league next year. :p

yianni
04-04-2006, 05:40 AM
:lol: alright cunt I'll give you that one.

But as I have said earlier South will be back in the top flight in a few years time.

Downunder
04-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Dunno what's happening with Glory - they are running the club like a bunch of idiots (Carlton)

yianni
04-05-2006, 06:39 AM
Nick Theodorakopoulos to coach Newcastle Jets.

You know that it was down to a choice between him and Ernie Merrick as to who would get the Victory job first up. Why the fuck was Merrick chosen over Nick Theo? Nick Theo is one of the best coaches in Australia. I would not be surprised if the FFA/Victory didn't choose Nick Theo because of his 'wog' surname. I honestly cannot see why else the dickheads chose Ernie the donkey, whose coaching credits include relegating George Cross from the NSL and coaching kids, as opposed to Nick T turning Wollongong into an absolute force in the NSL

Y2C
04-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Is that Merrick bloke the same guy from Merrick & Rosso? Coz that guy's a fucking legend.

yianni
04-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Clearly he isn't you fucking obsessed-with-soccer knob.

But yes the one from Merrick & Rosso is a fucking legend. The other one is a completely useless cunt.

Downunder
04-06-2006, 03:42 AM
I wanted Nick Alphabet for the Glory job

Y2C
04-06-2006, 04:34 AM
Merrick & Rosso for coach of that wogball team.

yianni
04-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Can you just fuck off from this thread? Seriously? Fuck even I've stopped posting in the AwFuL topic, just give it a rest

yianni
04-06-2006, 10:15 AM
I wanted Nick Alphabet for the Glory job

Why the fuck did you cunts even let go of Mich D'Avrey? I know he's still there in some other capacity but he was a decent coach. Steve McMahon = :o :o :o

The only bad decision Nick Theo made was to not switch the '04 NSL Grand Final to Perth. Had the weather that day been sunny (strong chances of that being the case in Perth) Parramatta would have easily won. But cos it was in bleak rainy Sydney, their team of superstars were worn down and the Glory chaps pulled it off.

South should have been there anyway, cos had that wanker Simon Micallef not fucked us over in the semi against Adelaide :mad: , we would have gone on to beat Glory in the prelim final in Perth. :roll: ;)

Y2C
04-07-2006, 07:24 AM
lol

yianni
04-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Believe this - South will be back in the top flight the next time the A-League expands.

I'm serious.

Y2C
04-07-2006, 07:18 PM
lol

Y2C
04-07-2006, 07:18 PM
South has a new basketball team - South Dragons

yianni
04-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Best video on the net regarding November 16 last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUIP6STNxSA&search=socceroos

Great summary of all the previous failures (throughout my lifetime anyway) in getting to the World Cup, even though they miss the Israel '89 campaign. I remember being in tears after Iran '97, that was the cruelest way to get eliminated. Uruguay '01 my heart sank when Morales scored their third, because up to that stage we were still pressing forward and had almost scored the away goal that we needed. Then Morales the cunt killed it for us with his double brace. YESSSSSSS @ sweet revenge 4 years later though and Aloisi comforting him after the shootout

toxic rooster
04-22-2006, 06:01 AM
Is that the one with My Immortal?

yianni
04-22-2006, 06:26 AM
Correct.

The most insane dramatic silence I've ever heard in my life when Iran scored that equaliser in '97. :'(

Great to look back at all of those old pictures. Still can't believe we only lost to Argentina 1-0 in Buenos Aires, and 2-1 on aggregate. Fucking unbelievable achievement

toxic rooster
04-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Look at the other one, the one with the shootout from the camera in the crowd.

Fuck those penalties (Kewell's, Neill's, Vidmar's and Aloisi's) looked classy

yianni
04-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Apart from Aloisi's of course, Neil's was the best one. 1 step, bang, bottom corner, fuck you Carini

Where the fuck can I get a fixture for the Asian Cup qualifiers?

Also this new $170 million deal (or whatever it is) that the FFA have done with Foxtel is a good one, except the fact that the Socceroos won't be on free-to-air. What the fuck sort of shit is that? Even though I have foxtel I think it's bloody stupid that alot of people can't even see their own national team play on free-to-air

toxic rooster
04-22-2006, 11:34 AM
SBS will probably commandeer the big games, I'm pretty sure there's some agreement whereby big games can be shown on free-to-air.

Wikipedia has one. Just look at the 'Socceroos' article, that's where I went the other day cos I didn't know when Australia v Greece was on.

That's exactly what I said about Neill's penalty, too :D

yianni
04-22-2006, 11:42 AM
I think the next two World Cups will be on SBS which gives me 8 years to take over the FFA and bring the wogness back into Strayan sawkah, including having everything football-related shown on SBS. :D ;)

Seriously though SBS must get something, those guys are the ones who have stuck with the sport since the very beginning. Ah the old days waking up on Sunday mornings watching Kyle Paterson and the team on On The Ball then the NSL match of the day. :'(

yianni
04-30-2006, 10:45 PM
Looks like the Greek national team will be training at South Melbourne's ground. :cool:

We had a 4-1 win over the Italian poofs Bulleen last night. Back in the top 6, with our next game away to Frankston. AHAHAHHA staggering scenes expected, like last year.

yianni
04-30-2006, 10:48 PM
The Victorian Premier League (VPL) is the highest State level football (soccer) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_%28soccer%29) competition in Victoria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_%28Australia%29), Australia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia). It is conducted by the Football Federation Victoria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Federation_Victoria), the state's football (soccer) governing body.
Following the end of the National Soccer League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Soccer_League_%28Australia%29) (NSL) in 2004, former Victorian NSL teams Melbourne Knights (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Knights) and South Melbourne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Melbourne_FC) now play in the VPL. The league received a major boost at the start of the 2005 season when Vodafone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodafone) became major naming rights sponsors. The 2006 competition, which kicked off on February 3, will be known as the Vodafone Cup.
[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Victorian_Premier_League&action=edit&section=1)]
[/URL]
Media Coverage

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/VicFootyShow.jpg (http://tpww.net/forums/) http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/magnify-clip.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:VicFootyShow.jpg)

Coverage of The Vodafone Cup is provided by the local non-profit community televsion station, Channel 31 Melbourne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_31_Melbourne) on The Victorian Football Show. Live calls of games are also occasionally broadcast on sports radio station SEN 1116 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEN_1116).
[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Victorian_Premier_League&action=edit&section=2)]

2005 Table

P Team Pts

1. [U]Green Gully Cavaliers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Gully_Cavaliers) 49
2. Heidelberg United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidelberg_United) 47
3. South Melbourne FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Melbourne_FC) 46
4. Fawkner-Whittlesea Blues (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fawkner-Whittlesea_Blues) 43
5. Oakleigh Cannons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakleigh_Cannons) 40
6. Altona Magic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altona_Magic) 40
7. Preston Lions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Lions_FC) 39
8. Essendon Royals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essendon_Royals) 37
9. Melbourne Knights (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Knights) 33
10. Bulleen Zebras (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulleen_Zebras) 28
11. Frankston Pines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankston_Pines) 28
12. Sunshine Georgies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Georgies) 24
13. St. Albans Saints (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Albans_Saints) 23
14. Bentleigh Greens (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bentleigh_Greens&action=edit) 16Green Gully defeated Heidelberg 2-1 in the 2005 Grand Final at Olympic Park, Melbourne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne)

LOL is there anything Wikipedia doesn't have?! :D

yianni
08-29-2006, 05:21 AM
O'Neill reveals why he quit

August 29, 2006 12:00

Article from: http://www.news.com.au/images/sources/h14_dailytelegraph.gif</IMG> (http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/?from=ni_story)
<!-- END Story Header Block -->

<!-- END Story Toolbar --><!-- Split page --><!-- Lead Content Panel -->JOHN O'Neill has publicly confirmed his decision to quit as the boss of Australian soccer after it was revealed by The Daily Telegraph earlier today.
"On the one hand, my involvement with football has been an exhilarating ride and while we've achieved so much, the potential to take the game even further is enormous," said O'Neill who in June oversaw Australia's first World Cup campaign in 32 years.

"But with our rapid progress has come an incredibly intensive and demanding workload and that creates a lot of pressure on personal time and family life.

"An additional consideration is the fact that I've been at the top level of sports administration for 12 years now, and I'd like to think about what is possible in other fields of endeavour."

O'Neill took over Australian soccer's top job amid sweeping changes for the sport, with the debt-ridden Soccer Australia wound up and a new governing body formed.

Soccer supremo Frank Lowy said he had asked O'Neill to consider an ongoing role with New Football after next March.

"I would like to think that John's expertise and experience won't be lost to us entirely, and he has indicated that he is happy to continue to make a contribution to the game in some form," he said.

O'Neill's resignation came after a meeting with Lowy, as The Telegraph revealed earlier today.
At the meeting O'Neill told Lowy he would be stepping aside.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20292121-5001021,00.html

AHHAHAHAHA good riddance you fucking racist cunt. Get fucked and go back to rugby, piece of shit

Slowly slowly everything is falling into place.

yianni
09-10-2006, 11:13 AM
YES, South into the Grand Final!!!

Finals Week 1:
Elimination Final: South Melbourne 3-0 Green Gully
Elimination Final: Heidelberg United 5-1 Kingston City
Qualifying Final: Oakleigh Cannons 0-2 Altona Magic

Finals Week 2:
Minor Semi Final: Oakleigh Cannons 0-1 Heidelberg United
Major Semi Final: Altona Magic 1-2 South Melbourne

Finals Week 3:
Preliminary Final: Altona Magic vs Heidelberg United

Finals Week 4:
Grand Final: South Melbourne vs Altona or Heidelberg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9844/1jo4.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8364/2ji4.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5603/3ud2.jpg
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7112/4zh6.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7162/5jj3.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2414/6vi4.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1001/7xq3.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1334/8vg7.jpg

FUCKING FIRE THE FUCK UP LADS! ALMOST THERE!!!!

yianni
11-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Oh right forgot to update this - we beat the gypsies 1-0 in the final :D

Right D what the fuck is happening with the Glory? Looks like Stan the Man sold you cunts out?

Downunder
11-01-2006, 09:37 AM
http://www.gloryboys.net/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

I already posted whats going on you dopey prick. Anyway it looks like the name will stay but the cunts might change the colours - I can live with that, but I still can't see why they want to change anything apart from buying some decent players, spending some money on marketing, and pulling their heads out of their arses. It seems as though Stan is heavily involved in buying the club (beware Robby Slater doing his dough a few years ago) but apart from the odd slip up on radio and a few quick backtracks, he's not admiting to anything. I just wish the pricks would get it sorted and we can get on with playing Football and get back to the top of the league.

The good thing is we got a point over the Blingers and their pommy coach last week.

yianni
11-01-2006, 09:48 AM
In all seriousness what is shitting me about the A-League is they

1) Are trying to rid themselves of EVERYTHING to do with the old NSL, this includes Glory's 'soul' if you will.

2) Have NO youth structure in place and instead are happy for the clubs to blow their budgets bringing in overpriced and hack guest players. Ok fair enough if Romario comes out, he's an absolute legend of world football, but the others? Give me a fucking break. The NSL had better guest players too - Beardsley, Ian Rush, Kevin Keegan, George Best, Malcolm McDonald. They shit all over Carbone and whoever else has come out here.

At least in the NSL they had the National Youth League for the young boys. And in the state leagues here every club must have a seniors and under 21s team competing. The best players of the U21s obviously get promoted to the seniors. But then what happens - A-League clubs come and steal these guys, giving these clubs fuck all in return, and get the guys sitting on the pine without playing! Fucking joke.

It says alot about the playing standard of the A-League when the undisputed top team of the league in the Melbourne Victory has the entire Melbourne Knights defence (bar the keepers) who played the final few years of the NSL. And where did the Knights finish those years, nowhere near the top 6!

I'm glad that many of the Glory people are waking up and realising the NSL wasn't as bad as made out to be, and now can understand the frustration supporters of South, Sydney United, etc have to face regarding the FFA and their fascist attitude.

yianni
11-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Ferenc Puskas: The Passing of a Legend.

http://www.smfc.com.au/images/news/ferenc_221106.jpg
The South Melbourne Football Club family is immensely saddened by the passing of a world footballing legend that had a special connection with the club it coached to one of it’s finest moments.

Ferenc Puskas will forever be fondly remembered at South Melbourne for leading the club to its second national championship in 1991.

The legendary Hungarian striker, who is considered one of the greatest ever players to grace the world game, he scored 83 goals in 84 internationals for Hungary, not to mention one of Real Madrid’s favorites sons, had an amazing impact down at Middle Park.

So awe-inspired were the South Melbourne players at the time that from day one they called the legendary man “Boss”.

His clout in the footballing landscape was so deep that upon being approached by the South President at the time, in regards to trouble with signing two “Juventus” players, Puskas assured the President that his relations with the staff of Serie A giants Juventus were excellent and as a result he could help achieve the transfer, of course, the President was referring to players from “Brunswick Juventus”, not the grand old lady and footballing giant of Italian football.

Puskas was notorious for being superb at man management and allowing his players to enjoy themselves on the park.

His influence and legacy at South Melbourne, will forever be remembered and appreciated by the South Melbourne family who were extremely privileged to be graced by the presence of a football immortal.

-----------------

What a quality story about him going to ring the Italian Juventus president instead of the Brunswick Juventus one. Just goes to show what high esteem he is held in and what powerful connections he had in world football, and how incredibly lucky we were to have him as a coach for 3 years! Apparently even the Hellas assistant coach at the time Jimmy Pyrgolios referred to him as "Mr Puskas". What a legend, RIP