PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft 2006

Pages : [1] 2

BCWWF
04-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Thought this could use it's own thread since the other one is more general/Patriots and Colts based.

It is hard to say what will happen at this point. Reggie Bush is pretty much No. 1. The Saints could either trade or likely take D'Brickishaw. Then you have the Titans. It looks like they are going to take Leinart, which could be concievable because of Norm Chow, but he only seems to be getting bad press lately. One of the guys on ESPN last night said he was a late first rounder, which is rediculous, but even so.

I almost think it would be a better move for the Titans to take Vince Young. He can do basically what McNair is doing, and it seemed to work there in the past.

Also, I just don't know about Vince Young on the Raiders. Apparently Al Davis has a boner for him, but having him throw to Randy Moss just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Crimson
04-12-2006, 10:08 PM
That guy who said Leinart was a late 1st rounder is just a USC hater tho, so he was being stupid. If i were the Raiders i'd look real hard at Cutler before taking Young...or the heck with both of them and take Vernon Davis.

RP
04-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Colts will select a running back.

The Outlaw
04-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Meco should go pretty soon. What are they saying about him?

Supreme Olajuwon
04-13-2006, 03:20 PM
That guy who said Leinart was a late 1st rounder is just a USC hater tho, so he was being stupid. If i were the Raiders i'd look real hard at Cutler before taking Young...or the heck with both of them and take Vernon Davis.
I bet the Niners will take Davis before the Raiders even get a pick

Gonzo
04-13-2006, 11:05 PM
$10 says Leinart is a huge bust in the pros.

I personally think that Houston should pull a swerve and draft D'Brickashaw. They have receivers, a running back, get your QB some protection. David Carr has been a huge bust until now, give him some kind of protection so he can attempt to use his weapons.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-13-2006, 11:18 PM
$10 says Leinart is a huge bust in the pros.

I hope not. :'(

I'd desperately like to see the Titans get him and do better this season.

Kris P Lettus
04-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Titans need Young..

A couple of years under McNair (AKA The Man") he will rule..

I dunno about my boys.. Am happy yet skeptical about Brees.. I still think we should have gotten a QB in the draft.. Will either draft a lineman or trade down to fill O-Line and D..

I wouldn't be upset getting D'Brickashaw..

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-13-2006, 11:56 PM
This years draft is stacked with linebackers. Perfect for the Pats cuz they can pick up a RB in the 1st round and still get a very good LB in the second

The Outlaw
04-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Titans need Young..

A couple of years under McNair (AKA The Man") he will rule..

I dunno about my boys.. Am happy yet skeptical about Brees.. I still think we should have gotten a QB in the draft.. Will either draft a lineman or trade down to fill O-Line and D..

I wouldn't be upset getting D'Brickashaw..

Read somewhere where the Titans and McNair were on pretty bad terms? This was about a week ago though, so new stuff might be going down? :-\

BCWWF
04-14-2006, 04:42 PM
I think Young would be better than Leinart on the Titans too, but the whole Norm Chow thing could change that.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Titans sent McNair home from practice, yeah

Kris P Lettus
04-17-2006, 10:07 PM
From what I heard, he went to lift weights, with the team, at their training facility and they made him leave saying some shit about avoiding offseason injuries.. Pretty much bullshit because he is trying to get stronger to avoid in season injuries.. I knew first hand how bad his ankle is, because when I met him, he walked like he had a wooden leg, but if his trainer and doctor cleared him to work out, they should not treat their frachise player like that..

I am biased though because I am a HUGE McNair mark but whatever..

Nervous Ferret
04-18-2006, 12:13 AM
I can totally see the Jets trading 4th pick, 29th pick and lik next years 2nd round and I dunno a player to be named for the Saints #2 pick. so they can take Leinhart.

:o

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-18-2006, 12:18 AM
From what I heard, he went to lift weights, with the team, at their training facility and they made him leave saying some shit about avoiding offseason injuries.. Pretty much bullshit because he is trying to get stronger to avoid in season injuries.. I knew first hand how bad his ankle is, because when I met him, he walked like he had a wooden leg, but if his trainer and doctor cleared him to work out, they should not treat their frachise player like that..

I am biased though because I am a HUGE McNair mark but whatever..Yeah, the injury thing is just a cover for the Titans wanting McNair to re-do his contract.

Kris P Lettus
04-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Yeah and they shouldn't do that to their franchise player..

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-18-2006, 01:35 AM
Its a business though, and the dude hasn't been 100% for a long time. Plus the Titans are in a spot to pick up a future QB, not saying its "right" but it is apart of the game.

Gonzo
04-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I can totally see the Jets trading 4th pick, 29th pick and lik next years 2nd round and I dunno a player to be named for the Saints #2 pick. so they can take Leinhart.

:o

I don't think that they would even have to give up that much. I've personally never been a fan of Pennington, I think the Jets should go the way of a QB in the draft. They definitely should look for a RB at some point in the draft. I absolutely love Curtis Martin, the guy can ball even at his old age (football speaking of course). The guy isn't getting any younger though, so I think its a wise move.

I don't know though, I have such a huge feeling Leinart is going to be a huge bust. I never thought Vince Young would amount to much, so if he did I'd be surprised. Dunno about that Cutler kid or anything like that, but if you can do something with Vandy you have to have some sort of talent.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Patrick Ramsey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets might be better off trading the 4th pick with say Denver. If they wanted someone like Vernon Davis badly enough I think they'd go for it, and then NY would have 3 first rounders - could easily snag a RB, CB and a DE for that.

Gonzo
04-18-2006, 08:06 PM
That would also mean they would have to pay three draft picks first round money. Not a lot of teams do want to do that.

Crimson
04-18-2006, 09:10 PM
And Vernon Davis will be long gone by the time Broncos get a pick.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-19-2006, 02:45 AM
That's what I meant, if the Broncos want him badly enough they trade 15 & 22 for the 4

And come on, this is the JETS. When do they ever do anything right.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-19-2006, 12:04 PM
I bet the 49ers wish they had the first pick this year. Alex Smith 1 TD 11 INTS, I know the team sucked but I really don't think he'll ever be good in the pros. Didn't really seem like a pro prospect while in college, opperated out of the spread.

BCWWF
04-19-2006, 12:18 PM
I heard the Vikings are going to get Leinart. Write it down.

Nervous Ferret
04-19-2006, 03:28 PM
That's what I meant, if the Broncos want him badly enough they trade 15 & 22 for the 4

And come on, this is the JETS. When do they ever do anything right.DeWayne Robertson :shifty:

I dunno, would be sick if they trade with the Broncos and get Deangelo Williams. For some reason I think he will be the man

Mr. Monday Morning
04-19-2006, 04:19 PM
You just stick with Port Vale laddy

Corndad
04-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm hopin Lendale White falls to the Steelers at the end of Rd 1. I figured right after the college season he would easily be a top 15 pick, now, might just fall to 2nd round if the Steelers don't take him.

Crimson
04-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Broncos traded their 22nd pick to the Niners for like a 3rd and 4th or something like that. Niners have their eye on someone probably one of the rb's?

Gonzo
04-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Good call, because I'm of the opinion that Kevan Barlow is pretty shitty.

Kris P Lettus
04-20-2006, 02:24 AM
I heard the Vikings are going to get Leinart. Write it down.

I heard the Saints were gonna get him two months ago..

Doesn't mean it'll happen..

Nothing is certain until it happens..

CNM
04-21-2006, 04:08 AM
Broncos traded their 22nd pick to the Niners for like a 3rd and 4th or something like that. Niners have their eye on someone probably one of the rb's?

It was for a 2nd and 3rd. I'm thinking they did it so they can move up and take Vernon Davis. Their 1st rd pick combined with the 49er's 2nd rd pick is worth about the 6th or 7th pick in the draft.

loopydate
04-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Is anybody else sick of ESPN's draft coverage? I was excited for the draft when they first started talking about it, but now they've been going on and on for more than a month, and there's still another week before they actually draft!

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the first part of the first round (at least long enough to see who the Lions pick up), but the NFL Draft is just so overhyped I find myself saying "Just pick 'em already!"

BCWWF
04-21-2006, 01:32 PM
It would be better if they analyzed the lower rounds of the draft some more. I know who the first 10 picks are going to be, but what about the guys from our schools who will be later picks, that's what people want to know about now.

loopydate
04-21-2006, 01:34 PM
^ Yeah. I can only listen to Mel Kiper talk about Bush, Leinart, Young, Ferguson, Cutler et al for so long.

Now, if they started focusing on the mid-major guys and "sleepers," I'd probably pay more attention.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-21-2006, 04:57 PM
For whatever reasons, I really don't get sick of it at all. I actually like sitting and watching the draft too, I'm a weird bird I guess. I gotta work from 3-11 next Saturday and 12-6 on Sunday..Looks like no draft for me :(

Gonzo
04-21-2006, 08:19 PM
I sit down and watch every minute of the draft religously on the first day. I'll watch usually the 4th and 5th rounds too but after that not so much because then I have no idea who any of the players are at all.

Gonzo
04-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Not to mention the fact that on the second day all they talk about is the first day picks, which is the same as all the Bush, Leinart, Young talk etc.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-21-2006, 08:25 PM
I can watch Reggie Bush highlights all day, that stop on a dime run againest Frenso State was one of the best plays I've ever seen. I realize it wasn't in the NFL but I don't care if he was playing a bunch of grandmas that run was grossssss

So was his jump over a ND defender when he made it look like it was just apart of his running motion.

Gonzo
04-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Yeah I actually caught the USC/FSU game live, I saw him stop and was :eek:

The ND one just pissed me off, in part because ND is my team.

RP
04-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Yah i think i was going nuts about that run in another thread when it happend. ( The fsu run )

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-22-2006, 03:51 PM
This years draft is pretty stacked with RB, and none of them really seem to be projected before the 20th or so pick (well except for Bush) Hopefully the Patriots will pick up a back, but for some reason I don't think they will. Hearing a lot about Maurice Drew coming to the Pats since he can do a lot of things (Return kicks/punts, catch balls out of the backfield) but they already kinda got a guy like that in Kevin Faulk so I dunno. I think they need more of a between the tackles brusier type back incase Corey Dillon isn't up to par thi season.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-22-2006, 07:13 PM
It would be better if they analyzed the lower rounds of the draft some more. I know who the first 10 picks are going to be, but what about the guys from our schools who will be later picks, that's what people want to know about now.
yeah which people?

BCWWF
04-22-2006, 10:09 PM
There are a lot of good players in college who aren't really high NFL prospects, for example from my school there is Brad Smith, or if you are from Georgia you want to know where Shockley is, or Reggie McNeal or Marcus Vick. Those guys are all great athletes who want to play quarterback but are likely going elsewhere. I'd like to know where they are working out and fitting in.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-24-2006, 10:27 AM
The Leinhart story is so awesome, he had huge ass glasses in middle school and everybody made fun of him. Now he is gonna get millions of dollars to play football, that must be like the ultimate. Imagine if you were one of those kids that made fun of him back in the day, I wonder what they are thinking? haha

Mr. Monday Morning
04-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Apparently Reggie Bush's last year at USC might be invalidated. Won't affect him being drafted but he might end up losing the Heisman, among other things.

Gonzo
04-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Link? Whats the deal with that? What for?

The Outlaw
04-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah just made a thread about it...

RP
04-25-2006, 02:26 PM
I hope the Colts get Antonio Cromartrie

el fregadero
04-25-2006, 10:54 PM
I hope they don't.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-26-2006, 10:10 AM
I dunno when their pick is in the 2nd round, but I don't know if he'll be around when they pick if the Colts pick up a RB in the first.

RP
04-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Thats the thing though. The Colts are well known for selecting the best player available. That guy might be the best available after the top 15 go. So if he's there at pick 30. Unless Deangelo Williams is still on the board. I bet the Colts would take Cromartrie ( sp). They want to get a cornerback so they can move Marlin Jackson to saftey.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-26-2006, 03:54 PM
I wonder if Cromatrie is even going to go in the first round though. He has never started at cornerback. He was suppose to last season but he tore up his knee.

RP
04-26-2006, 07:32 PM
I dunno, but imagine if that guy lived up to potential. 20 years from now he could be the 1st or 2nd best player to come out of this draft.

el fregadero
04-26-2006, 07:45 PM
I dunno, didn't McGahee go in the first round after he fucked his knee up and he turned out pretty good.

Gonzo
04-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Yeah 2nd round though I think. Thats why I think Lendale is going to be a damn good steal for someone. Some teams might be turned away but its only a hammy that they said would heal in a months time. Wouldn't even be in training camp by then.

BCWWF
04-26-2006, 09:46 PM
I thought he was late first round, McGahee that is

el fregadero
04-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Anyway, Cromartie has crazy talent, so I hope he comes back from that and tears it up in the pros. Just not on the Colts.

Jacksonville could use a good corner though.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Brian Williams

FearedSanctity
04-27-2006, 02:06 AM
If Denver takes anything but a reciever I will murder Shanahan

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-27-2006, 02:26 AM
I dunno, didn't McGahee go in the first round after he fucked his knee up and he turned out pretty good.
McGahee was also going to be hands down, without a doubt the #1 overall pick in that draft though. The injury set him back 21 spots, the Cromartie case is a bit different since he wasn't first team All American or a Heisman finalist before injuring his knee. Not saying he won't be good or anything, just saying I don't think teams will be as quick to jump on him since he really hasn't proved much besides being a great nickleback in college.

RP
04-27-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Carson Palmer was going #1 in the 03 draft no matter how healther McGahee was.

BCWWF
04-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure how accurate McGahee being "hands down without a doubt" is, but he was still going to be real high.

Nervous Ferret
04-27-2006, 10:49 PM
If this happens for the Jets I will go nuts

4th - Mario Williams
29th - Deangelo Williams (doubt he will fall to 29)
2nd or 3rd round - Brodie Croyle

el fregadero
04-27-2006, 11:23 PM
McGahee was also going to be hands down, without a doubt the #1 overall pick in that draft though. The injury set him back 21 spots, the Cromartie case is a bit different since he wasn't first team All American or a Heisman finalist before injuring his knee. Not saying he won't be good or anything, just saying I don't think teams will be as quick to jump on him since he really hasn't proved much besides being a great nickleback in college.
Cromartie got injured before the season started though, McGahee got injured in the last game. He definitely would have been 1st team All-America otherwise. :shifty:

Gonzo
04-28-2006, 12:43 AM
If this happens for the Jets I will go nuts

4th - Mario Williams
29th - Deangelo Williams (doubt he will fall to 29)
2nd or 3rd round - Brodie Croyle

If the stars aligned there that would be nuts.

The Outlaw
04-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Brodieeeeeeeee. :cool:

Supreme Olajuwon
04-28-2006, 01:47 PM
McGahee wasn't going #1 but he might have gone 2 or 3 because Detroit and Houston both needed a RB and Houston got Domanick Davis that draft. Speaking of that draft, remember how many people said Larry Johnson would be a bust?

CNM
04-28-2006, 10:28 PM
He was a bust for a few years. Then Dick Vermeil told him to take off the diapers and a light turned on.

FearedSanctity
04-28-2006, 11:15 PM
The Texans better not take the whole time to announce what we already know

Nervous Ferret
04-28-2006, 11:17 PM
oh they will

The Gooch
04-28-2006, 11:33 PM
This makes things really interesting. What is New Orleans going to do now? Will they take Bush even though it is not a pressing need? Do they go with Ferguson and let Bush slide? Do they trade down?

Wow.... but I must admit it is smart of Houston to address need and snatch Williams. Tough marketing sell though to the fans. Although, they probably can still probably land a decent RB with their second pick.

The Green Bay Packers still look to end up with Hawk. For that I am happy. If Ferguson were to drop that could be interesting, but highly unlikely he'll be available.

MoRcHeEbA
04-29-2006, 01:56 AM
san fran should trade up and take bush

RP
04-29-2006, 02:56 AM
I'm gunna keep this simple. I'll have more thought on this later. After i actually see this happen. If Houston does not take Bush. Thank you Houston. Thank you. I didnt want to see Bush in the AFC South.

Apparently ( And i say this not because i'm a Manning mark ) the Texans are doing this, for the most part, because they think they cant out gun the Colts so they need to stop them.

Honestly. I'm not sold on Mario Williams and i was sold on Reggie Bush the night i sat with my mouth open as Bush ran past all of Fresno St ( a great FS team at the time btw ).

I just cant really believe the Texans are doing this and when i think about it more . What happens with Duce Mcallister. He could be traded and if the Colts get involved ( Which is possible ) i'd love it. I have no clue what the Texans are doing, but i like it...Only because it probably could benefit the Colts in either trades or draft.

RP
04-29-2006, 02:58 AM
Further more. If the top 3 picks read like Williams, Bush, and Young. Deangelo Williams , Lendale White or Antonio Cromartie will fall to the Colts.

RP
04-29-2006, 03:07 AM
I'm also gunna go out on a limb here. Heres my bold draft prediction of the year ( which i'm wrong with every prediction period , but for conversation sakes ) . Matt Lienart could go to the Vikings at the 17 pick.

DrA
04-29-2006, 03:17 AM
I'm also gunna go out on a limb here. Heres my bold draft prediction of the year ( which i'm wrong with every prediction period , but for conversation sakes ) . Matt Lienart could go to the Vikings at the 17 pick.

He's not going past Oakland. And if he even goes lower than that for some reason, there is absolutely no way he goes beyond Arizona.

I could see Minnesota trading up if Leinart drops down to around nine though.

RP
04-29-2006, 03:20 AM
Heres the thing. I think Oakland is going to choose Huff. I think Arizone will take Cutler. The only wild cards are 1) If the Jets dont trade up to the Saints.2) Green Bay decides that Rodgers isnt the next farve and they take Cutler. I honestly think Cutler is rated higher then Lienart on most teams. Just a gut feeling.

Just a crazy prediction though. I'm good for one a month.

CNM
04-29-2006, 03:50 AM
No way man. If he or Cutler somehow fall to 15, the Broncos will snatch them up.

Skippord
04-29-2006, 04:55 AM
If the Broncos were to draft Sinorice Moss I would be quite happy

Skippord
04-29-2006, 04:57 AM
If Denver takes anything but a reciever I will murder Shanahan
Running Back FTW :shifty:

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 07:23 AM
If the Saints take Bush and Payton can get them to cut out some of the mistakes the NFC South should be SICK next year.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Lendale White <a href="http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3765848">failed a drug test</a>

Whoops

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 11:43 AM
ESPN "Breaking News"

Jets & Saints in serious deal talk for #2 pick.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Williams #1

Saints about to go on the clock

RoXer
04-29-2006, 12:24 PM
I hope the Cards pick up a TE. I wouldn't mind Fassano in the 3rd round.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Bush is a Saint

Either he holds out or Krispy just about blew his load

Kris P Lettus
04-29-2006, 12:31 PM
LD:FHa;lkjh;lghsghghre/edlfd:hs:lh:lSLDK;ALKGH;LFKGHF

Kris P Lettus
04-29-2006, 12:31 PM
OMG

:spooge:

The Miz
04-29-2006, 12:34 PM
lol does this mean Vince Young to Titans? Bust of the century

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 12:34 PM
And the Titans take...Vince Young

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Jets fans are going nuts

RoXer
04-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Titans take Vince Young

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Ferrett probably having heart palpatations

SammyG
04-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Jets take.. ALLLEEYAALLLAAAHHH.

RoXer
04-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Dbrickshawwwwwww

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Gotta love NY fans

SammyG
04-29-2006, 12:50 PM
<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=bgC align=middle><TD>NYJ (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?categoryId=67057)</TD><TD align=left>D'Brickashaw Ferguson</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Anybody want to make a prediction as to how far Leinart falls?

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Hawk to the Pack

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:03 PM
No way will Leinart fall to the Cards :(

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Davis to the 49ers. Least Smith will have someone to throw to.

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Vernon Davis goes to SF. There goes one TE.

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:06 PM
I'll let you do all the updates, MMM

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm listening to ESPN radio online I dunno if it's faster than TV pictures

The main guy sounds like Tony Schiavone :$

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Oh good lord. But Buffalo will probably take him.

Mr. Monday Morning
Here come the Raiders...what's Al gonna do...

It's Huff

Hold on there Roxer you might get Matty yet

Joey Slugs
Any chance of Leinart falling to the Bears? :lol:

The way this is going, anything is possible. Is he the next Aaron Rodgers?

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:16 PM
ESPN radio guys keep insisting the Rams are looking to trade up. Not sure about that there's only 3 spots to go now, do they really want someone like Leinart that bad?

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I say that Cutler goes before Leinart.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:19 PM
I can't imagine neither going to Minnesota or above. One might seriously slide though.

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Whitner? Suprise.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Bills are up - was talk they might trade down to St Louis or Philly but apparently not -

Donte Whitner?!

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:26 PM
I have to go look up who the hell Donte Whitner is

SammyG
04-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Rams said they will be drafting by talent, and not need. They better not fucking draft a QB. get some god damn defense.

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:27 PM
http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/whitner_donte00.html

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:29 PM
I just checked around and he was projected bottom 1/4 of the 1st in most of the mocks I was reading. I guess they needed someone to replace Milloy *real* bad.

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Sims to the Lions @ #9. Thought so. Cutler goes to 'Zona.

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:31 PM
TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART TAKE LEINART

not Cutler

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Lions are up - it's Ernie Sims

Roxer you have your wish

SammyG
04-29-2006, 01:32 PM
The cards should take Leinart here. wow. can NOT believe he has dropped this far.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:33 PM
K I'm obviously lagging :( But screw it, it's good for post count.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson sounds vaguely like Marlon Brando.

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:33 PM
I have been refrshing the foxsports page once every 2 seconds

SammyG
04-29-2006, 01:34 PM
BAH GAWD LEINHART TO THE CARDS

Mr. Monday Morning
Pete Prisco is updating slightly delayed <a href="http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9403323">here</a> with his thoughts.

Disclaimer: Prisco is an idiot.

RoXer
OGMWERGVQEOIRHFVUKAWEHCUIBHCKBJDASKJ KJSDBCKJBSDKJBCSDKJBC DSKJ CASKDJBC KJASDBC KJSADB KSDAJBC SDJK BC

Mr. Monday Morning
Damn, that did not take long.

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:35 PM
I was wrong. 'Zona gonna be a good team in a few years.

:lol: @ "OVERRATED" chants. Fucking Jets fans. STFU.

SammyG
04-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Ok.. Rams turn. They better not fuck up here.

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Calm down Roxer. He's not your starter and he's still not as good as Palmer.

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:37 PM
I can kill myself I am so happy.

Mr. Monday Morning
Bunkley is still on the board...I'd imagine him or Ngata might go now.

RoXer
But he will be

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:38 PM
But he will be

m a y b e

RP
04-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Well Lienart fell. Just not to the Vikes.

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Two words for you Roxer: Gino Torretta

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm so glad they got a young QB, thats all. And one with so much potential.

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:43 PM
meh

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:44 PM
or

Danny Wuerffel
Chris Weinke
Eric Crouch
Ty Detmer

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Broncos just traded to 11

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Cutler to Denver @ #11

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:46 PM
It's Jay Cutler

Where's Skippord

The Miz
04-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Eric Crouch and Chris Weinke make no sense with the rest of those names

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:47 PM
meh
meh
meh
meh

We'll just have to see.

RP
04-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I guess i'm the only person that thinks Jake PLummer has like 5 good years maybe more in him and Cutler could be good or bad depending. I think they could have made a better pick.

Mr. Monday Morning
If Browns don't take Ngata or Lawson I'll be shocked

Joey Slugs
I will say this for Leinart... He stays in school for one last year and goes from being the starter for the 49ers (#1 last year) to the backup in Arizona (#10 this year).

Joey Slugs
04-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Eric Crouch and Chris Weinke make no sense with the rest of those names

they both won the Heisman after having great college careers.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:51 PM
They're estimating Leinart cost himself about $16m in guaranteed money

RoXer
04-29-2006, 01:53 PM
He'll play behind Warner for 1 maybe 2 years. Then he can run that potent offense.

Hopefully, they'll have a decent O-Line to protect him by then.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Hm I said Lawson, I probably meant Wimbley :(

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Seriously where's Skippord, assuming he hasn't killed himself

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Ngata goes

Bunkley probably on his way to the Ravens

Justice probably to the Eagles

Then it's the Rams...dunno, CB I guess

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 02:03 PM
No wait, Ravens took Ngata at 12 :wtf:

BCWWF
04-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Hey, a few things.

1. Sucks to be the Lions. Why would they pass on Leinart?

2. Why did the Ravens and Browns swap picks? Doesn't make sense.

3. Vikings should have traded up to Buffalo and gotten Leinart

4. Cardinals are going to be great if they get a line

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 02:13 PM
It is Wimbley to the Browns. They got the 13 plus a 6th rounder for the 12.

Skippord
04-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Seriously where's Skippord, assuming he hasn't killed himself
I just woke up but Cutler owns :y:

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 02:17 PM
I doubt he's going to play in the slot though.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Bunkley to the Eagles

Have fun throwing to Pinkston next year Donovan

RoXer
04-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Cards need a TE, OL, and some D. In that order.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Rams take Tye Hill

Triple A
04-29-2006, 02:34 PM
ESPN "Breaking News"

Jets & Saints in serious deal talk for #2 pick.
When I heard this this morning I was the most excited I have ever been for anything, ever and when it did not happen, I felt like dying and now I am in a computer lab at school and this guy next to me keeps chewing potato chips fucking so fucking so FUCKING UNBELIEVABLY LOUD AND I am going to take my pen and stab him in his throat

RoXer
04-29-2006, 02:36 PM
lol

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 02:36 PM
A trade could still be done, but it sounds like the Saints are going to stand firm.

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 02:40 PM
yeah I was going nuts about the Jets trading up for him, even though I'm pretty hppy they took Ferguson over Leinhart and still have another firste eounder, makes me kinda sad. REeally thought they were gunna make the deal.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Phins are up - do they take Justice?

Nope, Jason Allen (?)

RoXer
04-29-2006, 02:52 PM
SCHRAGER ON THE SCENE: So does that mean Nick Lachey's spot on the couch moves to the Scottsdale area? More importantly, do Leinart and Larry Fitzgerald have a best-out-of-three rock paper scissors match to decide who gets to wear the number 11 jersey out in Arizona? Things worked out for Leinart. He stays out West, gets to enjoy the sun, and is blessed with not only a mentor in Kurt Warner, but a stable of freakish young athletic talent in Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, J.J. Arrington, and Edgerrin James. With that crew hitting up the town, Phoenix is going to become the new Santa Monica. And oh yeah, Vegas is only a car ride away. I fear for Leinart, though. I have this horrible vision of him showing up in a Youtube.com clip, hanging out on a boat with a bunch of ASU co-eds, in the middle of Lake Havasu next Spring Break. Let's hope the desert air doesn't get to him, and he just focuses on football.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Vikings take Greenway

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 03:04 PM
At this rate Justice might fall to the Giants

Cowboys take Bobby Carpenter

Jerichoholic
04-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Bobby Carpenter and Demarcus Ware own your Offensive Tackles.

I just wish Dat Nyguen didn't have to retire. The Linebackers for the cowboys would be nuts. However, Ware, James, Aydolye, Carpenter is pretty sexy.

RoXer
04-29-2006, 03:18 PM
COWBOYYYYSSSSSSSSSSS

I haven't heard much about Bobby Carpenter though.

CNM
04-29-2006, 03:18 PM
There goes Cromartie

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2006, 03:19 PM
or

Danny Wuerffel
Chris Weinke
Eric Crouch
Ty Detmer
This of course is the same argument made against Carson Palmer when he was drafted.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2006, 03:20 PM
COWBOYYYYSSSSSSSSSSS

I haven't heard much about Bobby Carpenter though.
He is an absolute monster who got overshadowed by AJ Hawk at Ohio State. He's just as good though IMO

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Never mind RP

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 03:26 PM
right, Tamba Hali

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Tamba Hali is a bitch. BUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Tamba Hali :wtf:

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Manny Lawson to the Pats? Yikes

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Pats could use one of those WRs too

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Hahaha unlucky Herm

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2006, 03:34 PM
I didn't get to see much of the top 20 so have there been any Madden commercials this year?

LOL @ Jets fans and Herm

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 03:35 PM
nah no Madden commercials

CNM
04-29-2006, 03:36 PM
I haven't seen any Madden commercials. I've only been watching since the 12th pick though

Skippord
04-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Maroney

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2006, 03:39 PM
apparently the air in Nashville alters your skin color

http://images.ea.com/sports/madden07/_img/draftday/draft_3.jpg

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Niners take Lawson

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Working out pretty good for the 49ers

RoXer
04-29-2006, 03:47 PM
http://images.ea.com/sports/madden07/_img/draftday/draft_10.jpg

These are all rough first pics though, so I'm not worried about the game visually. I'm not even worried that they don't have the new stadium yet.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Wow, good job TB

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 04:07 PM
hmmm, would the Jets draft Deangelo :drool:

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Jonny J

UmbrellaCorporation
04-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Titans took....Young?

DKJSGKL:GJKL:FDSJKL:GFKLakljgFUCKTHATSHITSKL:JGDSJGDSJ

Holy HELL, I can't believe we didn't get Leinart. :foc:

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 04:19 PM
G men trade pick to Steelers, Steelers take...

Santnio Holmes

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Steelers traded up :wtf:

UmbrellaCorporation
04-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Steelers traded up. How trippy. o_o

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Not so much at the trading up, but that they seemed to think Holmes was worth it. Obviously they don't think much of Chad Jackson cause there's no way they both would've gone.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Bears have traded out of the 1st to Buffalo

OssMan
04-29-2006, 04:26 PM
giants just fucking passed up jimmy williams

Skippord
04-29-2006, 04:26 PM
*Hopes to Jesus that Sinorice stays until the 37th pick and the Broncos pick him before I go stab Mike Shanahan in the face*

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Giants might take Sinorice.

Chad Jackson might still be there though.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:30 PM
John McCargo...ok

BCWWF
04-29-2006, 04:30 PM
John McCargo is the man, based on his name

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:32 PM
There goes Williams.

Be afraid, NFC

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Deangelo was "thisclose" to falling to the Jets :mad:

BCWWF
04-29-2006, 04:33 PM
That's a real good steal for the Panthers

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Ferguson/Justice combo on the Jets line next year?

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 04:37 PM
we'll seeeeeeeee

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Brick wall of Justice

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Jets have a toooooooooooooon to pick from. DON'T SCREW UP

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:51 PM
I think AAA just crashed the server in anger

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Mangold :-\ Pretty good I guess, completrely fogot we lost Mawae :mad:

What are we gunna do at 35

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:52 PM
RP should be happy too

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Somebody like Maurice Drew should be there NerF. Or maybe a guy like Ashton Youboty (sp)

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Mangold is a really good player. Jets people should be happy

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
His surname is also asking for headlines

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 04:57 PM
SCHRAGER ON THE SCENE: Here's where I have a major problem with the brass down in Tampa. How do you not seize the marketing opportunity, draft Marcedes Lewis, and have your offense re-named "THE GARAGE." Stick Cadillac in the backfield, Mercedes on the line, and find a stripper with the first name "Porsche" to play quarterback. Can you imagine the posters? It would be like Pimp Your Ride with a touch of pewter. Alas, the Jaguars seized the moment, and snagged the potential marketing bonanza that is Marcedes Lewis.

Classic

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 04:58 PM
haha

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Ty Law's getting NO money

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Kiwanuka

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Kiwanuka :wtf:

Mr. Monday Morning
Ok well here's where we find if the Texans really are insane.

BCWWF
Stima likes him, good pick in my opinion. Strahan can't be there for too much longer.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Yep, they're insane.

David Carr will be crying himself to sleep tonight.

OssMan
04-29-2006, 05:03 PM
what a smart pick when you have 2 pro bowlers playing that position and a 2nd year player who already looks good

Supreme Olajuwon
04-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Umenyiora/Kiwanuka

I wonder if Tim Biakabutuka is still playing.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Browns traded up to 2nd

Faine was part of the deal, swap for Bentley in the end

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Jets traded to the Skins :|

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Jets traded with Washingtron :mad: The longer I sit here the angrier I will become :mad:

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
ESPN guys reckon they're going for a QB (Clemens?) in the 3rd (Jets that is)

They got a 2nd, 6th and next year's 2nd though so hmmm...maybe it works out better for the Jets y'know.

Nervous Ferret
04-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Dropped from 35th to 53rd :-\

Skippord
04-29-2006, 05:26 PM
50$ we draft LenDale White

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Chad Jackson goes to the Pats after they moved up. Yowtch.

Evil Vito
04-29-2006, 05:29 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I dunno, this Kiwanuka guy must be pretty nasty if they drafted him despite being stacked at DE.

Theory: Once Greenway and Carpenter (and maybe even Lawson) went off the board, they asked Kiwanuka if he wouldn't mind playing LB and when he said yes they organized a trade.</font>

Skippord
04-29-2006, 05:30 PM
WHAT THE FUCK

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Javon Walker is a Bronco

Skippord
04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
I see

Skippord
04-29-2006, 05:32 PM
I turned and saw Green Bay up I was like WTF?

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
I guess it's going to be Ron Dayne time next year.

Skippord
04-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Tatum Bell FTW

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Hello Falcons

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, there goes Jimmy Williams. That secondary is definitely upgraded now.

Williams, Vick and Mora on the same team. Hooee.

Triple A
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
I didn't get to see much of the top 20 so have there been any Madden commercials this year?

LOL @ Jets fans and Herm
What happened

The Miz
04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
they both won the Heisman after having great college careers.

And there was not a person on planet Earth who thought they would have a future as an NFL QB. Look at where they wre drafted. You cannot compare them to Leinart.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
They showed Herm being interviewed before the Chiefs had their pick (I think it was a couple picks before actually) and the Jets fans basically booed him out of the building

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:45 PM
There goes Justice to Philly

Skippord
04-29-2006, 05:46 PM
LOL if Lions draft Moss

D Mac
04-29-2006, 05:48 PM
They showed Herm being interviewed before the Chiefs had their pick (I think it was a couple picks before actually) and the Jets fans basically booed him out of the building

HAHA Jets fuckers.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Cards take a lineman. Shocker.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Bears replace Mike Green

RoXer
04-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Good good. Leinart will feel more comfortable. Now we need a TE.