PDA

View Full Version : Official ECW One Night Stand Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Kalyx triaD
06-11-2006, 05:23 PM
http://www.wrestlingzone.ru/list/feds/ecw/ecw_small.jpg

ECW Homepage (http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/)

Arena Report - Hammerstein Ballroom
By Brett Hoffman
June 11, 2006

Tonight, Extreme Championship Wrestling returns to the historic Hammerstein Ballroom in the heart of New York City for the second edition of ECW One Night Stand. The ballroom was a favorite destination of ECW in the late 90s, serving as a base for several pay-per-view and TV broadcasts.

The famous venue, which is located literally just feet away from Madison Square Garden was the site of several ECW television broadcasts, including the last three pay-per-views. The most recent of those was last year’s One Night Stand, which was one of the more memorable evenings in wrestling history. Together for the first time in close to five years, the ECW wrestlers gave fans a night they would never forget. Among the matches on the show was a classic pure wrestling display from Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit, an all-out brawl between Mike Awesome and Masato Tanaka and a hardcore war between the team of Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman and The Dudleys.

In January 2001, Hammerstein Ballroom was the site of the Guilty as Charged pay-per-view. On that night, Tommy Dreamer beat C.W. Anderson in an “I Quit” match and Rhyno defeated The Sandman to capture the ECW World Heavyweight Championship.

A month earlier in December ‘00, the ballroom hosted ECW’s Massacre on 34th Street. On that show, Danny Doring & Roadkill won the ECW Tag Team Championship when they knocked off the F.B.I.’s Tony Mamaluke and Little Guido. Later, Steve Corino retained the ECW World Heavyweight Championship in a Three Way Dance with Jerry Lynn and Justin Credible.

Tonight, the Hammerstein Ballroom will be jam packed with close to 3000 rabid ECW fans. If you can’t be one of the lucky fans in the building, the only way to witness the history, is to order the event live on pay-per-view.

Confirmed Matches:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam
World Champion Rey Mysterio vs. Sabu
Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton
Mick Foley & Edge vs. Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer
Tazz vs. Jerry Lawler
Super Crazy & Tajiri vs. The F.B.I.

Kalyx triaD
06-11-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm not able to watch the show, so give me match-by-match sums, people.

Avenger
06-11-2006, 06:07 PM
bwahahahaha

rob11
06-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I hope this is worth the money.

UmbrellaCorporation
06-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, still unsure about whether or not to get this. Part of me wants to buy it to see Cena lose, and the other part of me is thinking "Shut up you idiot, you're fooling yourself".

Disturbed316
06-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Getting this for free so I might as well tune in. Doubt it will be as good as last years though.

The One
06-11-2006, 06:21 PM
MAJOR SPOILERS IN BLACK!

Those who thought the WWE Title would become the ECW World Title are revealed to have an IQ of 45 or lower and are asked to find their nearest mental health care center.

rob11
06-11-2006, 06:25 PM
MAJOR SPOILERS IN BLACK!

Those who thought the WWE Title would become the ECW World Title are revealed to have an IQ of 45 or lower and are asked to find their nearest mental health care center.
I don't think anyone expects that to happen. They want the throw down thing to happen.

Gone Mad
06-11-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm gonna find a place to watch it, but damn it if I am not set for disappointment. I kinda know what will happen, but I'm just hoping WWE will surprise me... which is kinda asking for much when you think about it.

Let's find out, be back later with my thoughts.

rob11
06-11-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm gonna find a place to watch it, but damn it if I am not set for disappointment. I kinda know what will happen, but I'm just hoping WWE will surprise me... which is kinda asking for much when you think about it.

Let's find out, be back later with my thoughts.
Yep, I have the same feeling.

Sadistic
06-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Balls vs. Tanaka = Stealing the show

Bricktop
06-11-2006, 06:39 PM
tonight's show will make or break the new ECW. If they pull the typical WWE PPV bullshit, then the new ECW might as well be doomed. If heyman is allowed to book it, just like last years show, plus there are some shockers (a title changing hands), the fans will go home happy and will def tune in tue. Tonight should be focused on nothing but winning the fans over.

They had better start things with a bang :mad:

loopydate
06-11-2006, 06:42 PM
:lol: "Make it or break it." The words have lost all meaning to me.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 06:51 PM
I'll be popping in and out of here tonight to catch the results. Sounds like a fun show.

loopydate
06-11-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm going to be watching the show in the other room, so this is likely my last post for the next four hours or so. I'll have my thoughts later tonight.

UmbrellaCorporation
06-11-2006, 06:53 PM
A Cena win tonight is simply UNACCEPTABLE.

LK
06-11-2006, 06:57 PM
I'll be watching the show but I'm not sure what to make of the card. Too much WWE for my liking but if it's half as good as last year, I'll be happy.

The One
06-11-2006, 06:58 PM
I think the statement of MAKE IT or BREAK IT is totally UNACCEPTABLE! Paul Heyman is NEW and INNOVATIVE and if he fails to get total control tonight there is still the hope he can make the new ECW totally EXCITING! I mean they are bringing in YOUNGER guys to battle the old watered down ECW Hardcore Icons. Besides, why would they have John Cena drop the title? I mean other then the BAD APPLES, everyone loves Cena.

rob11
06-11-2006, 07:04 PM
I think the statement of MAKE IT or BREAK IT is totally UNACCEPTABLE! Paul Heyman is NEW and INNOVATIVE and if he fails to get total control tonight there is still the hope he can make the new ECW totally EXCITING! I mean they are bringing in YOUNGER guys to battle the old watered down ECW Hardcore Icons. Besides, why would they have John Cena drop the title? I mean other then the BAD APPLES, everyone loves Cena.
Ugh, the thought of Cena coming out with the belt tomorrow night to that Jeff Hardy pop is actually kinda sickening. Then thanking the fans for their support. I would have to vomit. I hope if Cena wins, the crowd riots and throws chairs into the ring with Cena still in it. Actually, chairs that are on fire.

Xero
06-11-2006, 07:12 PM
If Cena wins, you can bet that they'll get him the fuck out of the ring and the arena as fast as humanly possible. You know how Hebner ran out during the screwjob? Well, Cena's going to have to run out faster and harder, because he's going to have at least 1000 rabid ECW fans on his ass (I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that there will be at least 1000 real ECW fans there).

rob11
06-11-2006, 07:17 PM
If Cena wins, you can bet that they'll get him the fuck out of the ring and the arena as fast as humanly possible. You know how Hebner ran out during the screwjob? Well, Cena's going to have to run out faster and harder, because he's going to have at least 1000 rabid ECW fans on his ass (I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that there will be at least 1000 real ECW fans there).
Yeah, you will see security probably get on Cena and cover him as he runs as fast as possible to the back. You would see alot of :mad: being used on here too. Plenty of cursing too. I know I will feel ripped off. I am paying 40 bucks to see an ECW event but know it will have some WWE garbage ending. Those people there paid probably hundreds of dollars to be there and don't want to be ripped off either.

The One
06-11-2006, 07:25 PM
From the moment RVD won Money in the Bank, everyone knew he was going to cash in at the second ONS, and anyone who has their head out of their markish asses could tell Vince McMahon is never going to allow the WWE Championship to be thrown down, converted into another title, or anything that takes away from the legacy of the belt. That's all McMahon has at this point. He doesn't have ratings, he doesn't have the next big thing, all he has is his ONE title belt that means more then any other belt out there. He won't bury it for the sake of this new ECW. So anyone who buys the event tonight, or anyone who paid for tickets should have been able to see that.

As for this needing to get out, whatever. ECW fans are fuckin hardcore, but this isn't the base fans in the Bingo Hall, this is WWE fans who never watched ECW but loved Rise & Fall so they bought some tickets. I mean last years event was filled with people who I don't think had a clue who half the wrestlers on the card were, this year it will only be more. It's fun to chant E-C-Dub, but at the end of the day the people in the Ballroom arn't going to jump the rail...maybe I get proved wrong, but I doubt it.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 07:30 PM
I'll be gettin this ish.

Xero
06-11-2006, 07:30 PM
As for this needing to get out, whatever. ECW fans are fuckin hardcore, but this isn't the base fans in the Bingo Hall, this is WWE fans who never watched ECW but loved Rise & Fall so they bought some tickets. I mean last years event was filled with people who I don't think had a clue who half the wrestlers on the card were, this year it will only be more. It's fun to chant E-C-Dub, but at the end of the day the people in the Ballroom arn't going to jump the rail...maybe I get proved wrong, but I doubt it.
This is not really the point of what you said, but I'd like to point out that I didn't get into ECW until the later TNN days, and even then I didn't watch religously.

HOWEVER, I have and still do go out of my way to watch ECW matches, events and DVDs that weren't branded with WWE. While I was never at the bingo hall (quite frankly, I was too young), and never did I once see a live ECW event, I would consider myself an ECW fan. Not in the "I was at the bingo hall every fucking Saturday there was a show, at 6AM, and still know half the guys who went" way, but in a "ECW made for some of the best moments in wrestling history, and I respect and love everyone who was apart of ECW for doing it" kind of way.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 07:32 PM
So, you're saying you think Vince would rather sacrifice the World Heavyweight Title?

UmbrellaCorporation
06-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Out of the two, I'd say he'd get rid of the WHC first. It WAS the old WCW belt after all. Or completely disregarding history, that's what fans will remember that particular belt for, I'd say.

rob11
06-11-2006, 07:34 PM
So, you're saying you think Vince would rather sacrifice the World Heavyweight Title?
I think he would much rather sacrifice that instead of his baby.

Kalyx triaD
06-11-2006, 07:35 PM

Doesn't sound that crazy to me.

rob11
06-11-2006, 07:37 PM
There is also the fact that Vince needs to put over ECW somehow to get the brand over because of the new show. Having RVD job wouldn't be the best way to start the company but I expect that alot more than to have RVD win and throw down the belt.

The One
06-11-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm not saying you can't be a huge fan of ECW, and if truth me told one of my biggest regrets ever was not seeing a single show at the Bingo Hall...my point is someone like you, and someone like me would never jump the guard rail to attack Cena, we would get pissed, but I don't think at any point would the thought of "Huh, I am pissed, time to rush the ring" enter my head. If this was done with the rabid hardcore fans of the Arena, I might actually think some of them would not only be passionate enough about it, but also feel so comfortable in the atmosphere to go ahead and do it. That's the difference. I am a VERY loyal ECW having been a fan of them since late 94, but I in no way would ever call myself an ECW Mutant (whoa been a while since I heard that). A Mutant might rush the ring, a fan would not. The ballroom will be full of Fans tonight.

rob11
06-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm not saying you can't be a huge fan of ECW, and if truth me told one of my biggest regrets ever was not seeing a single show at the Bingo Hall...my point is someone like you, and someone like me would never jump the guard rail to attack Cena, we would get pissed, but I don't think at any point would the thought of "Huh, I am pissed, time to rush the ring" enter my head. If this was done with the rabid hardcore fans of the Arena, I might actually think some of them would not only be passionate enough about it, but also feel so comfortable in the atmosphere to go ahead and do it. That's the difference. I am a VERY loyal ECW having been a fan of them since late 94, but I in no way would ever call myself an ECW Mutant (whoa been a while since I heard that). A Mutant might rush the ring, a fan would not. The ballroom will be full of Fans tonight.
Good post. I was a kid back when I found ECW on WGTW channel 48. I never got to go to an event, but regret it. I don't think I will be able to make it this year thanks to being broke off my ass. I hope the fans make the real ECW fans proud though. Yes, the guys who went down to South Philly at 6am. I doubt they will be there tonight, but I hope this crowd is decent.

Bricktop
06-11-2006, 07:42 PM
The match between Ray and Sabu was tossed on so randomly, that it points to the WHT being the sacrificial lamb, if a title change is going to occur tonight.

I agree with the One. I don't see the WWE belt being converted into the ECW belt, or thrown down. But What still could happen is a "Kane" like 24 hour title run for RVD. Both Sabu and RVD winning the titles could be the perfect set up for a ME feud for the two. The WWE belt would of course be returned either the next night on RAW, or at the PPV with very little harm done. This is way more likely, but still a long shot.

Cena will most likely win again.

Bricktop
06-11-2006, 07:43 PM
I don't see fans jumping the fence, but I can see a lot of shit being thrown into the ring if cena wins.

rob11
06-11-2006, 07:44 PM
The match between Ray and Sabu was tossed on so randomly, that it points to the WHT being the sacrificial lamb, if a title change is going to occur tonight.

I agree with the One. I don't see the WWE belt being converted into the ECW belt, or thrown down. But What still could happen is a "Kane" like 24 hour title run for RVD. Both Sabu and RVD winning the titles could be the perfect set up for a ME feud for the two. The WWE belt would of course be returned either the next night on RAW, or at the PPV with very little harm done. This is way more likely, but still a long shot.

Cena will most likely win again.
We can wish:'(

crash99
06-11-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm not ordering the show, but the RVD/Cena match has me intrigued. Not so much for the in ring action, although it could be a pleasant surprise, but just the outcome of it, and the many possibilities that they can go with the title.

ClockShot
06-11-2006, 07:45 PM
As much as I want to order this, customer service over at WWE.com hasn't sent me my info to get the webcast. Looks like I'll be hanging out here with ya.

Watson
06-11-2006, 07:46 PM
ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW!

The One
06-11-2006, 07:49 PM
N-W-A! N-W-A! N-W-A!

Oh shit...put on my wrong Mark Hat.

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 08:01 PM
For the sake of Cena's safety, a dusty or disputed finish is the only way they could do things. Or finally have him turn heel (though it'd mess up Edge's schtik unless he turns face, which would then negate Foley's heel turn, which was made because apparently they wanted Funk and Dreamer to stay face...

Yeah, that's how ridiculous all of this sounds in my head.

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:05 PM
2 funny signs.
"Fuck you Cena"
"If Cena wins, we riot."

Azriel
06-11-2006, 08:07 PM
So, what's happening?

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Lawler vs Taz is first. You suck dick chant to Jerry. He just punched out Styles.

ClockShot
06-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Dammit. Info didn't make it. Aw well. Who's the P.B.P. man on this forum tonight?

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Taz wins! Styles came out and jumped on Lawler. Lawler went for the piledriver on Styles, Taz got him from behind and put him in the Tazmission.

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 08:11 PM
rofl

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 08:11 PM
rofl at the sign, btw

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Taz now doing commentary with Styles. Here comes Orton. Am I going to have to do pbp?

LK
06-11-2006, 08:13 PM
I'll take over that job for the night.

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Orton has his gold shower thing which is pissing people off.

LK
06-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Styles attacks Jerry Lawler, Lawler goes for Piledriver but Taz applies the Tazmission and Lawler passes out.

Now we got Angle vs Orton.

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:15 PM
I'll take over that job for the night.
Thanks dude, I don't think I can keep up.

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Fuck em up Angle, fuck em up! I miss that chant.

ClockShot
06-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Shit, either the booking team is going to drag these out (has the booking team been confirmed yet? I've heard Heyman and Dreamer's names thrown around), or matches are gonna be added on the fly.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Woohoo! 1 for 1

Azriel
06-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Well last year, practically every match was on the fly

Boondock Saint
Fuck You Orton chants. :lol:

rob11
I can do the chant pbp hehe. Pussy and fuck you Orton chants so far. Also break his ankle.

ClockShot
06-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Well last year, practically every match was on the fly

True. But we got 6 confrimed matches. Maybe an 1 or 2 here and there. Plus a few good promos. How many hours they got to fill 2 or 3?

LK
06-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I wasn't sure how ECW fans would react to Angle but they are obviously behind him.

Skippord
06-11-2006, 08:24 PM
"WE LIKE CHANTING"

rob11
You can't wrestle chant and something about Cena which I couldn't understand.

LK
haha at "you can't wrestle" chant at Orton

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Boring chant at Orton now.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Get him Kurt

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 08:28 PM
We need a "You poop in bags" *clap! clap! clap clap clap!* chant. :lol:

The One
06-11-2006, 08:28 PM
CREDIT TO: Rajah (http://rajah.com/base/node/5674)

I will continue to update this one post so it doesn't get all crazy, here is the show so far...

We’re live in the Hammerstein and an ECW chant starts up before the famous music hits and Paul Heyman makes his way to the ring to a huge pop from the crowd. A “Paul E” chant breaks out before Heyman grabs the mic. He says on behalf of every wrestler who wanted to be hardcore more than they wanted to be a superstar, on behalf of everyone who lived the dream and fought the fight and never gave up hope, the tribe of extreme has risen again! Another “ECW” chant started up as Heyman said this time; they are going to pour their kool aid down the throats of a new global audience that is going to learn that it all started here tonight! A “thank you Paul E” chant started up as Heyman said they are on PPV tonight; they are back on national TV in a better deal than they used to have on Sci-Fi this Tuesday night. Heyman said this didn’t happen because of Paul Heyman, because of Vince McMahon, this happened because of you. If ever the phrase “by popular demand” ever rang true, from every single one of them from the bottom of his heart, thank you! Now lets take it home, ladies and gentlemen this is better than Monday Night RAW, he almost forgot something, he will be the messiah of the new breed unleashed, the swinging schlong of the extreme! Back to where he was, this is better than RAW, better than Smackdown, this is the rebirth of ECW! We then go to the opening video montage.

Tazz vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

Tazz was out first to a huge, huge pop. Taz is geared up in an orange Tazz jersey and black training pants. Jerry Lawler is out now. The fans chant "you sick d*ck". Lawler walks over to Joey Styles and slaps him. Lawler walks down the isle and enters the ring. Styles attacks him from behind. Trying to choke him out. Lawler overpowers him and goes for a pile driver, but Tazz slaps on the Tazzmission! The ref calls for the bell! The ref checks on Lawler! He checks the arm! Once...twice...three times it falls!

Winner via Tazzmission: Tazz

They show a video package from the past couple weeks of ECW's return.

Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle

Randy Orton is out first. He enters the ring and pyro erupts. Yeah, pyro in ECW! Kurt Angle is out next and he comes out to a huge pop. He enters the ring and the crowd chants "F*** him up Angle, F*** him up!" They tie it up in the center of the ring, but Orton backs out and exits the ring. Angle smiles, sporting a mouth piece with the ECW logo on it. Orton re-enters and gets totally out wrestled by Angle. Angle almost locks in the Ankle Lock, but Orton fights out. The crowd now chants "F*** Orton!" Angle snaps in a quick take down. He mounts Orton from behind and gets him grounded. Angle slaps Orton on back of the head. The crowd now chants to Orton "you got bitch slapped!" Angle lets down his guard and asks Orton to take a shot. Orton locks in a headlock but Angle simply powers out. Angle lets his guard down again and dares Orton to lock in another headlock. Orton locks it and Angle powers out. Angle does it again, Orton locks in a headlock but Angle flattends him with a belly to back! Angle whips Orton to the corner and goes after him with the shoulder but catches all steel post. Orton takes charge of the match for a minute but Angle powers out. But that manuver took more out of Angle, so Orton takes charge again. Orton goes for a pin but only gets a 2 count! Orton locks on a headlock as the fans chant "you can't wrestle" to Orton! Angle is able to reverse the manuver and gain control. Angle locks on from behind with a headlock. Orton powers out and regains a rear choke. Standing up now, Orton buts leverage on the neck of Kurt Angle. Orton smiles at the crowd and the begin chanting "BOORRING!" Angle whips Orton. Orton comes back - backing up towards Angle - Angle snaps in a hold and pulls off a huge belly-to-back suplex! Angle lays in a Trifecta - three german suplexes! Out the book of Benoit! Angle now has the momentum and is stalking Orton as he staggers up. Angle tried to hit a quick Angle Slam but Orton battled out. Angle hits another huge german suplex! Angle is stalking! ANGLE SLAM!..1..2...NO! The top comes off! Angle is pissed! Angle locks in the Ankle Lock! Orton flips forward and sends Angle head first into the turnbuckle and lays in a stiff neck breaker for a two count. Orton mounts the ropes, Angle follows up but Orton pushes off. Orton flies off with a cross body splash! Angle rolls him over for a 2 count. Orton stalks and attempts the RKO, Angle counters and nearly locks on the Ankle Lock. Orton backs up into Angle, Kurt levels him and goes for the legs. Orton tries to battle out but Angle hits the mat and over powers him. ANKLE LOCK is on! Orton taps!

Winner via Ankle Lock Submission: Kurt Angle

Angle celebrates as the fans chant his name. Angle looks at Orton who is being attended to ring side and smiles. Angle walks up the isle chanting "ECW!"

Skippord
06-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Pretty sure a Crossbody shouldnt make that sound

LK
06-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Really cool match which Angle wins with the Ankle Lock.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 08:36 PM
2 for 2

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Here comes the FBI. Now here comes Super Crazy and Tajiri.

LK
06-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Holy mark out for Tajiri!

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:37 PM
This should be a good match. Pure ECW match.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 08:40 PM
So, is Tajiri going to be with ECW fuill time or is this a one time deal?

Skippord
06-11-2006, 08:42 PM
He will probly make random apperances

LK
06-11-2006, 08:44 PM
As far as I'm aware it's a one time deal but I'm sure that a few guys might be suggesting to return.

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Sweet, 2 for 2, but I thought Lawler would tap out rather than pass out, so that's 35/40. Already how much I scored on the last PPV! :lol:

:'(

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Awesome match so far. Great seeing Tajiri again.

LK
06-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Tajiri looking really good as well.

Skippord
06-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Holy shit at the Dropkick

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:51 PM
FBI wins on a double fishermans suplex. Not too much highflying stuff from Super Crazy. Here comes Big show.

Skippord
Show with new music

Boondock Saint
Big Show with new music is desttroying everyone.

Skippord
06-11-2006, 08:52 PM
What the hell was that on Mamaluke

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 08:52 PM
He also has quite the booger hanging.

LK
06-11-2006, 08:53 PM
FBI pick up the win with a Double Musclebuster. Big Show comes out and beats up everyone. A sick backbreatker - tazmission move was done to Mamaluke.

LK
06-11-2006, 08:54 PM
JB FUCKING L

rob11
It's JBL!!

Skippord
Great JBL

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:58 PM
That guard standing behind JBL looks like Austin.

rob11
06-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Here comes Sabu.

LK
06-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Sabu vs Rey

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 09:00 PM
OMG JBL DEFECTED TO ECW!!!!! :eek:

Skippord
06-11-2006, 09:01 PM
What the fuck is Rey Rey wearing

LK
Rey in old school gear. Still getting booed though.

Corkscrewed
:shifty:

Gertner
great show thus far. 3 for 3 in tipsters :)

Corkscrewed
Dammit, didn't get that :shifty: up fast enough.

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
06-11-2006, 09:02 PM
What did JBL do?

Skippord
06-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Please god let Sabu win

Skippord
06-11-2006, 09:03 PM
What did JBL do?
Bored me than made me want to never watch Smackdown again

Skippord
*then

Corkscrewed
2/3; I had Tajiri pinning.

Did JBL just say he's coming back to SD as the new announcer? :eek: (based on reading live results)

So much for "quitting Smackdown," but I'm certainly not complaining.

Skippord
06-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah he did and that is what makes me want to not watch it

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 09:10 PM
JBL's gold on the mic, though. It's his wrestling that sucks, but he's always entertaining on the mic, and he could really verbally spar with Cole.

LK
06-11-2006, 09:11 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!

Skippord
06-11-2006, 09:12 PM
OH MY GAWD

rob11
06-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Well, World title stays is WWE.

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
06-11-2006, 09:13 PM
what happened?

LK
06-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Sabu hits a sick DDT through a table after jumping off the top rope. The match ends as doctors say that they can't go anymore. No contest I suppose.

rob11
what happened?
Sabu hit a flying ddt from the ring through a table on the outside. Some fruity trainer ruled the match over.

Kalyx triaD
what happened?

Yeah, you guys can't tease with the vague responces grow up.

:mad:

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Match ends early? WTF? I can't tell if it's a work or not. They keep recapping the DDT through the table so I'm assuming it is, but if so that is kinda dumb.

James Steele
ITS THE NIGHT OF MR. MONDAY NIGHT
ITS THE NIGHT OF THE WHOLE FUCKING SHOW!
ITS THE NIGHT OF MR. ECW WORLD CHAMPION...

ROB VAN DAM

Innovator
great match, right until the finish

Innovator
foley/edge vs. dreamer/funk next

The Icon of Elisim
The guy doing pbp on Rajah says that he saw Sabu say that he tore his bicep to the ref

Azriel
06-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Kinda pathetic if you ask me

rob11
So now, this leaves the only chance of a title change to the main event.

KingofOldSchool
ITS THE NIGHT OF MR. MONDAY NIGHT
ITS THE NIGHT OF THE WHOLE FUCKING SHOW!
ITS THE NIGHT OF MR. EXTREMELYCRAPPYWIGGER WORLD CHAMPION...

JOHN CENA

LK
06-11-2006, 09:18 PM
That was a BS ending but what the hell.

Innovator
06-11-2006, 09:18 PM
nice shiner for foley

rob11
06-11-2006, 09:19 PM
The guy doing pbp on Rajah says that he saw Sabu say that he tore his bicep to the ref
Interesting...if it was real, will the results of the main event be changed?

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 09:20 PM
ONS tipsters stock rapidly dropping... :(

I expected Cena/RVD to be a no contest, not this one. They couldn't pull that off to both... could they?

PullMyFinger
I would love to have Cena come out...freestyle and basically put down the entire crowd lol.

James Steele
HAVE FAITH KoOS

Skippord
Sabu should get the title on a technicality

Skippord
06-11-2006, 09:21 PM
ROFL Joey

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 09:22 PM
he must be a great lip reader to SEE Sabu say he tore his bicep

Could be work there too; if not, tough break, since I'm sure they had real plans for him in the new ECW (i.e. more than just a now-and-then character).

Kalyx triaD
06-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I would love to have Cena come out...freestyle and basically put down the entire crowd lol.

Hells yeah.

LK
06-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Beulah to interfere - I guarantee it.

The Icon of Elisim
06-11-2006, 09:24 PM
ROFL Joey

Care to share that with the rest of us

Azriel
06-11-2006, 09:25 PM
What did Joey say?

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Beulah and Lita catfight, I guarantee it.

Oh wait, that's as bold of a prediction as saying Vermaat will root for Cena during the main event...

GoodByeJBL
06-11-2006, 09:35 PM
oh no! i thought we got rid of jbl 4 good but hes taken place of tazz bigshow clean house after the match between fbi & super crazy + tajiri tazz won over king cuz of styles kurt made orton tap sabu & rey unable to continue match after medical team arrived and said both men cant finish cause they landed on their head after falling threw a table.... COME ON CENA RETAIN UR TITLE!!

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:38 PM
lol @ You SIck Fuck chants to Foley. Funk's face bleeding, he's crying about his eye.

James Steele
oh no! i thought we got rid of jbl 4 good but hes taken place of tazz bigshow clean house after the match between fbi & super crazy + tajiri tazz won over king cuz of styles kurt made orton tap sabu & rey unable to continue match after medical team arrived and said both men cant finish cause they landed on their head after falling threw a table.... COME ON CENA RETAIN UR TITLE!!

Of course.

Boondock Saint
Funk taken to the back.

LK
06-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Terry Funk leaves the ring area with doctors and he looked legitimately injured.

Mike the Metal Ed
06-11-2006, 09:39 PM
God, who keeps letting these retards in? :$

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Sock then spear on Dreamer. Crowd chanting for Sandman.

Kalyx triaD
06-11-2006, 09:40 PM

Don't post again.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Barbed wire 2x4 on fire from Funk. Beating the shit out of Foley...THROUGH A BARBED WIRE plywood table.

LK
06-11-2006, 09:43 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! again

Corkscrewed
06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
was that even English?

Heck, it wasn't even Engrish...

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:45 PM
CAAATTTTFIGHT. CAAAAAAATTTTFIIIIIGHT!!! Dreamer gives Dreamer Driver to Lita!! Edge with a barbed wire Edgecution and a spear to Beulah. And he pins her 1,2,3. Fuck.

ClockShot
06-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Well after leaving for an hour:

Sabu vs. Rey ends in a no contest. Sort of a buzzkill
JBL returns is supposedly gonna commentate for smackdown!
Vermaat got another name
And we're only at 4 pages.

Gentlemen, and ladies if any are watching, is this good or bad so far?

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Sick match.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:47 PM
I've enjoyed it so far aside from the disappointing end to Sabu/Rey. And Foley/Edge winning cuz I fucking hate Edge.

rob11
What a match!

Azriel
Sounds like it was a killer match

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Damn. Funk yelling at the guys to "cut him out" of the barbed wire. Looks damn painful.

LK
06-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Hell of a match

ClockShot
06-11-2006, 09:49 PM
How did that match end? Beulah McG sub in for Terry Funk or something?

The One
06-11-2006, 09:49 PM

BatistaBOMBED???

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Balls Mahoney out now.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:51 PM
How did that match end? Beulah McG sub in for Terry Funk or something?

It was made 3-on-3 at the beginning. But Funk came back anyway with a bandage on half his face and a barbed wire 2x4. After beating the shit out of Foley he was speared off the apron byEdge.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:52 PM
BALLS! BALLS! BALLS! BBBBBAAAAAALLLS!

ClockShot
06-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Damn. That did sound like a good match.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Damn, Tanaka just looks like a badass. Balls wins after a chairshot. Decent match, not as good as Tanaka/Awesome from last year.

Azriel
How did Show's new theme sound?

rob11
That was short.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Hopefully i'll be able to download this PPV later on tonight or tomorrow? What do you guys think?

Skippord
06-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Yay time to watch one of my favorite wrestlers job

Blue Demon
06-11-2006, 10:00 PM
No Sandman??? :wtf:

Boondock Saint
Eugene!

LK
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! COME ON!

Skippord
06-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Go Sandman

UmbrellaCorporation
06-11-2006, 10:02 PM
LOL.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/splash/images/2898300

ClockShot
What the hell. Eugene?! This may or may not work if you think about it from a different angle.

Boondock Saint
SANDMAN

Skippord
06-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Yay

Boondock Saint
No Enter Sandman. Damn.

LK
Is it just me or has Sandman gotten his arse into shape?

Azriel
06-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Just read somewhere that Paul wants to try to get Jenna Jameson to come back to ECW. Yeah, good luck with that.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Its not you LK. He definitely looks in much better shape than he did last year. Good for him

ClockShot
I would have risked Enter Sandman, just to see what would happen afterward.

Boondock Saint
ROFL @ Sandman just whacking the shit out of Eugene. Double canes! Whacking to the back.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Its not you LK. He definitely looks in much better shape than he did last year. Good for him

Yeah I'd agree with that. Glad to see it.

UmbrellaCorporation
06-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Just read somewhere that Paul wants to try to get Jenna Jameson to come back to ECW. Yeah, good luck with that.

ROFL.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Big Show should actually be in a match instead of doing a run-in

Skippord
Here comes Skippord being angry

Boondock Saint
R V D out now.

LK
06-11-2006, 10:09 PM
This should be interesting.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Hopefully i'll be able to download this PPV later on tonight or tomorrow? What do you guys think?

Yeah I'd say it'll prolly be up by tomorrow. Tuesday definitely. Dunno where you'd go to d/l it though. Someone here knows I'm sure.

ClockShot

He's better off getting Jasmin St. Claire. She ever sell off that promotion she had ownership in?

UmbrellaCorporation
Please, spirit of wrestling, do not allow your prodigal son, John Cena, to hold the title for one more night. Grant me this, because as we all know, IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMN IT!

:(

Blue Demon
where's Fonzie?!?!?!?!?!

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:12 PM
LOL. Big ass boos as soon as Cen'a music hits.

Skippord
06-11-2006, 10:12 PM
RVD jobs in a five minute match

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:13 PM
where's Fonzie?!?!?!?!?!
Yeah I dunno. I thought I read he was backstage.

Corkscrewed
LOL.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/splash/images/2898300

LOL, I was wondering how that turned out in graphic form. :lol:

Azriel
Here's the quote btw

The one "old" ECW personality Heyman says he would like to bring back is Jenna Jameson. The porn actress made an appearance on a 1997 ECW pay-per-view as the valet for the Dudley Boyz, followed by a few months where she was an ECW interviewer.

"I really need an executive assistant, and I think she fits the bill. I'd love to have her on our TV show," says Heyman. "If Vince McMahon can make out on the couch with Candice Michelle, just think what I could do with Jenna Jameson in ECW."

http://www.mikemooneyham.com/pages/viewfull.cfm?ObjectID=C18BE561-3048-826A-C441B97A8BC832B5

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:14 PM
ROFL. Cena threw his hat and shirt into the crowd and they threw them back at him.

Skippord
06-11-2006, 10:15 PM
LOL

Azriel
This should be very interesting.

LK
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:16 PM
ROFLLLLLLLLL @ the security guy double flipping off Cena and saying fuck You.

LK
06-11-2006, 10:17 PM
TOILET PAPER

UmbrellaCorporation
06-11-2006, 10:17 PM
ROFL @ the Cena clothing incident

ClockShot
06-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Damnit! I'm missing one hell of a Cena mob!

Azriel
06-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Kinda like what happened at the Yankee game today. Guy from Oakland got a homerun. Guy who caught the ball threw it back out on the field :lol:

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Same Old Shit chants to Cena.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Cena's being a really great sport about it all. Which is one reason why I can't HATE the guy. I'm tired of his character/title reign but he seems like an awesome guy.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Corkscrew leg drop on to Cena on the guardrail.

mrslackalack
06-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Vince thinking: Hmmmm to make it up to John I am going to book him and RVD at Nickeloden Studios!!!!! They would love Cena there!

mrslackalack
06-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah you can tell Cena loves the industry and has a lot of knowledge of it but its just most of the audience sees him as a Marky Mark wannabe instead of a thug.

ClockShot
Sure. Let's bump into TNA while they're down there also. Oh wait......that already happened.

Boondock Saint
Got some nice air on that rolling thunder.

UmbrellaCorporation
Cena's being a really great sport about it all. Which is one reason why I can't HATE the guy. I'm tired of his character/title reign but he seems like an awesome guy.

Yeah, really, I know what you mean. Get the title off of him, but he's taking a lot of crap by being there.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Oh shit. Slingshot by Cena sending RVD into the middle turnbuckle into a chair. Looked painful.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Definitely can't hate on him for being a sport, but that title needs to get off him.

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Boos at the You Can't See Me. LOL, he really hammed up the 5 knuckle shuffle. Asshole chants now. :lol:

UmbrellaCorporation
06-11-2006, 10:31 PM
http://radio.ytmnd.com:80 is doing audio feed of ONS, if you can get past the Cake song, Sean Connery, and Ridin' Spinnaz'. :lol:

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Shit. STFU.

Azriel
06-11-2006, 10:33 PM
dont tap out

ClockShot
Well, if anything, Raw will certainly be good tomorrow. But its all gonna ride on this match.

Boondock Saint
RVD gets to the ropes but Cena won't break the hold. Cena knocks out the ref!

ClockShot
No........

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Cena bringing stairs into the ring.

Azriel
Gee, wonder who's going to show up? :roll:

Boondock Saint
Nick Patrick comes in to count...RVD kicks out at close to 3.

James Steele
06-11-2006, 10:35 PM
http://radio.ytmnd.com:80 is doing audio feed of ONS, if you can get past the Cake song, Sean Connery, and Ridin' Spinnaz'. :lol:

WTF? "I AM GAY" song and he stretches the word gay into 20 minutes.

Aussie Skier
im marking for Cena 2 beat RVD.

I really don't know why tho. if Cena wasn't so damn vanilla I reckon I'd b a huge mark for him now

Volchok
Damn the crowd is eating Cena alive.

Azriel
Come on Rob

Boondock Saint
FUCKING EDGE! Speared Cena through the table setup in the turnbuckle.

UmbrellaCorporation
GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

I hope that guy asphyxiates.

Skippord
06-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Woah

Azriel
U know ths board is probably going to crash if RVD wins :lol:

Boondock Saint
5 starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr but there's no ref!

Boondock Saint
HEYMAN COUNTS THE 3!

Azriel
06-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Ahh, setting up Vengance I see

HeartBreakMan2k
Couldn't get to the feed :-\

Skippord
EDGE FTW

UmbrellaCorporation
The gay thing was about that guy, not Edge. Edge is the man.

And yeah, Azriel, we won't be able to get back on here for like two days. :lol"

Boondock Saint
RVD IS ANNOUNCED AS THE CHAMP.

ClockShot
WHAT!

Skippord
06-11-2006, 10:38 PM
MARKS THE EVERLOVING FUCK OUT

UmbrellaCorporation
06-11-2006, 10:38 PM
RVD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Boondock Saint
06-11-2006, 10:39 PM
R V FUCKING D IS THE WWE CHAMPION! RVD celebrating in the crowd!

rob11
FUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Edge hehe!

Azriel
That is fucking awesome. WOOOO!!! RVD!!!!

McLegend
Damn

Volchok
06-11-2006, 10:40 PM
WTF IS HAPPENING!

Boondock Saint
All ECW wrestlers in the ring now congratualting RVD. WOOOOOOO Whole FUCKING SHOW!

KingofOldSchool
Don't celebrate too long as Cena will get it back tomorrow night.

ClockShot
Sweet! RV FUCKING D won. But my gut tells me something is wrong.

Azriel
Betcha its a riot in that place now

The One
06-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I WAS SO FUCKING WRONG! I WAS WRONG! OH MY GOD!

Volchok
06-11-2006, 10:41 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!