PDA

View Full Version : When Triple H returns...

Ben Rodrigues
06-02-2007, 01:27 AM
is he going to be as bad as he was when he came off his last quad tear? On a similar note - does his body not allow him to be as good as he was in 2000 anymore?

The One
06-02-2007, 02:05 AM
He doesn't need to bust his ass to put on the caliber of matches he needed to back in 2000. He also isn't working with the same caliber of wrestlers. Austin and Rock against Cena or Batista? Kind of hard wouldn't you agree?

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 02:08 AM
How many guys does the WWE have who can honestly work a decent match every night? 2 maybe 3

The One
06-02-2007, 02:11 AM
How many guys does the WWE have who can honestly work a decent match every night? 2 maybe 3

Uh...who are these 2 or 3 people you're talking about? Hunter and Michaels spring to mind but seeing hos they're both injured, kind of hard or them to work a decent match. Benoit, Punk, Burke, MVP, Edge, they're all decent when matched up with another good talent but not a one of them can touch the likes of the elite from back in the day.

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 02:18 AM
Thats what I was sayin, Does anyone even bother to continue to train and hoan there skills after they get to the main roster? What happened to when people took pride for there work in the ring, sure theres your Benoits, but there a rare breed nowadays, its not to say there isnt any good wrestlers, but the main even level matches are hard to watch sometimes, and the way there booked doesn't help any.

James Steele
06-02-2007, 04:13 AM
The problem is a lack of "paying your dues". No not paying your dues in an anal rape sort of way, but in a "busting your ass for years trying to get to where you are today" sort of way.

Slow
06-02-2007, 06:10 AM
RVD, Undertaker, Edge and Micheals are the first names that come to me fo the ones who put their all into every match. Considering Edge has been Cena and Micheal's bitch the last couple of months, full credit to him for still putting on a great performance

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Thats what I was sayin, Does anyone even bother to continue to train and hoan there skills after they get to the main roster? What happened to when people took pride for there work in the ring, sure theres your Benoits, but there a rare breed nowadays, its not to say there isnt any good wrestlers, but the main even level matches are hard to watch sometimes, and the way there booked doesn't help any.

What's the point? Wrestling skills aren't appreciated, anyway.

FourFifty
06-02-2007, 09:29 AM
In a world where a thumb to the throart and a chop to the head are seen as legit finishers, I cannot possibly argue Kane Knight's post.

Mercury Bullet
06-02-2007, 12:14 PM
For the sake of the argument (although I gotta go with KK too on the fact that it really doesnt matter)...

I don't think there is anybody in the WWE right now who can CARRY an entertaining match. NOBODY. Not Shawn Michaels, Not Triple H, Not Chris Benoit....They can have good matches with other good or at least half-decent workers. NONE of them could have a good match with Mark Henry, Khali, etc...Not at this point in their careers anyway. HBK and Trips both USED to be able to. Not anymore.

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Both KK and Mercury are right

Avenger
06-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Who cares if Trips will have lost a step when he gets back, he'll still be better and a sight more entertaining than the rest of the roster. (bar HBK n Edge)

Avenger
06-02-2007, 03:41 PM
p.s. orton sucks k4l

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Who cares if Trips will have lost a step when he gets back, he'll still be better and a sight more entertaining than the rest of the roster. (bar HBK n Edge)
You my friend, are correct.

Jordan
06-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Cena puts on good matches usually.

Sephiroth
06-02-2007, 04:48 PM
He doesn't need to bust his ass to put on the caliber of matches he needed to back in 2000. He also isn't working with the same caliber of wrestlers. Austin and Rock against Cena or Batista? Kind of hard wouldn't you agree?

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 04:53 PM
For the sake of the argument (although I gotta go with KK too on the fact that it really doesnt matter)...

I don't think there is anybody in the WWE right now who can CARRY an entertaining match. NOBODY. Not Shawn Michaels, Not Triple H, Not Chris Benoit....They can have good matches with other good or at least half-decent workers. NONE of them could have a good match with Mark Henry, Khali, etc...Not at this point in their careers anyway. HBK and Trips both USED to be able to. Not anymore.

I dunno. I think Michaels could carry Steven Hawking to a **** match. Maybe not a 5* classic, but we're talking about effectively dead weight. I mean, the guy made Hogan look like a million bucks. Okay, 400,000 bucks, but still.

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I dunno. I think Michaels could carry Steven Hawking to a **** match. Maybe not a 5* classic, but we're talking about effectively dead weight. I mean, the guy made Hogan look like a million bucks. Okay, 400,000 bucks, but still.
Facts of Life

Mercury Bullet
06-02-2007, 05:23 PM
HBK vs. Steven Hawking would be **1/2 or *** at best.

And a more accurate statement regarding his match with Hogan, is that he made Hogan look ridiculous and like the pompus ass that he is, rather than like any dollar amount.

OverTaker
06-02-2007, 06:14 PM
When Triple H comes back, me thinks he's gonna become the top heel again. Like stab HBK in the back with a sledgehammer.

Zen v.W.o.
06-02-2007, 06:47 PM

And that's why Trips isnt elite at all. Guys like Hart could take a Kevin Nash or a Jean Pierre Lafitte and give them a classic, or at least the best matches they have ever had.

HHH cant even carry a Cena? Probably cuz these guys are about on the same level as HHH anyways.

Zen v.W.o.
06-02-2007, 06:49 PM
HBK vs. Steven Hawking would be **1/2 or *** at best.

And a more accurate statement regarding his match with Hogan, is that he made Hogan look ridiculous and like the pompus ass that he is, rather than like any dollar amount.

HBK has trouble making matches look as reaslistic as possible because he has a bad habit of overselling, very comically and clown like, yet later on completely forgets that he was just selling his injuries as if they were the worst pains imaginable.

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I like Hart as much as the next man, but you dont bash HBK a.k.a. God

Mercury Bullet
06-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Pretty sure his comical selling on Hogan was just to get at Hogan...thats what I was getting at anyway.

Zen v.W.o.
06-02-2007, 07:38 PM
I like Hart as much as the next man, but you dont bash HBK a.k.a. God

So HBK basically prays to himself all the time?

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 07:40 PM
And that's why Trips isnt elite at all. Guys like Hart could take a Kevin Nash or a Jean Pierre Lafitte and give them a classic, or at least the best matches they have ever had.

HHH cant even carry a Cena? Probably cuz these guys are about on the same level as HHH anyways.

Yeah, Trips can't make people look like a million bucks after multiple injuries.

I bet BRet'd have trouble putting people over today, too.

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 07:42 PM
So HBK basically prays to himself all the time?

Yeah, he's trying to lead by example.

Zen v.W.o.
06-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah, Trips can't make people look like a million bucks after multiple injuries.

I bet BRet'd have trouble putting people over today, too.

Injuries or not, HHH was never that good. He was never able to lead a match in the way the true greats in the ring could and did. HHH is competent enough so that his matches are usually decent, but when they rise above that, it's usually because he's in there with a better wrestler/opponent then him.

Besides that, I dont think one could compare the gravity of Brets injuries to those of HHH. You know.

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I was a big fan of Triple H when I was younger, then I grew tired of his act because I knew I could tune in at anytime and most likely see the same thing I saw the last time I watched him.

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, he's trying to lead by example.

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Injuries or not, HHH was never that good. He was never able to lead a match in the way the true greats in the ring could and did. HHH is competent enough so that his matches are usually decent, but when they rise above that, it's usually because he's in there with a better wrestler/opponent then him.

Besides that, I dont think one could compare the gravity of Brets injuries to those of HHH. You know.

Yeah, Bret's a pussy who should have walked it off.

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 08:06 PM
I was a big fan of Triple H when I was younger, then I grew tired of his act because I knew I could tune in at anytime and most likely see the same thing I saw the last time I watched him.

My only real problem with Trips was his total dominance. The predictability of his matches didn't really hurt either, but the fucker always being on top, jobbing in the match before the PPV, retaining, and so on...Just not what you wanted from the people who claimed ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN BAH GAWD!

Arnold HamNegger
06-02-2007, 08:40 PM
My only real problem with Trips was his total dominance. The predictability of his matches didn't really hurt either, but the fucker always being on top, jobbing in the match before the PPV, retaining, and so on...Just not what you wanted from the people who claimed ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN BAH GAWD!

I agree with this 100%. What's truly sad is that Cena is now out "Tripsing" Trips.

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Which you can see why someone would get sick of him, he became a one-trick pony.

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 08:44 PM
I agree with this 100%. What's truly sad is that Cena is now out "Tripsing" Trips.
Except Trips had a couple solid runs before he got old and boring.

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Which you can see why someone would get sick of him, he became a one-trick pony.

Totally agree. Trips can be great, but he got boring, and he got lazy, and he probably drove a lot of people off.

IC Champion
06-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Totally agree. Trips can be great, but he got boring, and he got lazy, and he probably drove a lot of people off.
Its like his career is a methaphore for the WWE.

Kane Knight
06-02-2007, 10:01 PM
As trips goes, so goes the company.

Theo Dious
06-04-2007, 11:10 AM
As trips goes, so goes the company.

So the entire company is currently suffering a major muscular tear?

Makes sense. HHH tears his quad, and in a few months time the company can barely stand on its own, is incapable of moving forward, moves very slowly when it does, and a large part of it is crying out in pain. :y:

Mooияakeя™
06-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Triple H needs "The Game" music again. So he can be his Cerebral Assasin style like he was. Devious Heel, fuck dX off cos kidz only cheer that anyway. Feud him with Orton (whose ent. music seems to make people cheer for him anyway) and then when Michaels comes back let him feud with him or something.

Somewhere in this Cena loses the title in a 3 way so Michaels and Triple H could go at it for a while. I'd be into that. Hell, I'd be into anything right now. But most peeps would be into this cos the history of the wrestlers, and well, at least they can work a decent match.

Evolution
06-04-2007, 12:44 PM
I had an idea a while back, but my internet connection has been down.

Trips tore his quad at New Years Revolution and HBK carried on the DX/Rated RKO angle solo. That played out and eventually, Shawn dropped the DX attire and music and went back to "Sexy Boy".

If I remember correctly, Shawn was putting off knee surgery until his feud with Kurt Angle in 2005 had played out, and put it off again while his feud with Vince carried out. Then DX started up and again he put off surgery.

Triple H must be near a return by now. The smart idea (or at least MY idea) would have been to get HBK off TV when Triple H was about ready to return (the bit with The Great Khali would have been perfect). Set up a match pitting Khali vs a "mystery opponent" and everyone would be expecting Shawn.

The match comes around and its Triple H who is facing Khali in a kind of "you put my best friend out of action" role. Triple H comes back with a ton of fresh heat with an opponent who fans can't wait to see get beaten. Meanwhile, Shawn has his knee surgery and rehab. Trips can maybe capture the title from Cena, but lose it a month down the line to someone else (maybe Orton) and hang around the upper-card slot.

Skip forward to January, the Royal Rumble. The ring has about 12 people inside, including Triple H. The buzzer sounds, and out comes HBK. He and Trips start cleaning house. They both eventually get eliminated by a tag-team who need a push (Cade and Murdoch, WGTT) and a mini-feud develops. "DX" could get to wherever they were going with Rated RKO, without dragging back Edge and Orton from wherever they are at the time.

Then they could just part ways instead of a double-cross which is just cliche and has already been done with these 2 guys.

That's how I'd work Triple H's return anyway.

Kane Knight
06-04-2007, 03:33 PM
So the entire company is currently suffering a major muscular tear?

Makes sense. HHH tears his quad, and in a few months time the company can barely stand on its own, is incapable of moving forward, moves very slowly when it does, and a large part of it is crying out in pain. :y:

Well, you see, the company is metaphorically injured.

IC Champion
06-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Someone gets it.

Mooияakeя™
06-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I think dX should stay dead. Noone says they have to feud, hell even put one on Smackdown and one on Raw (really can't see EC-Dub being involved!)

Triple H as the Cerebral Assasin and Shawn as whatever he wants.

Noe only for the "My Time" music to come back.

BTW, with all the injuries, will they be in the draft themselves? Or just ignored and is it not possible for Cena to move as he holds the title? - I've just forgot everything relating to the draft, so someone should know this with ease! ;)

NoRoolz
06-07-2007, 07:08 AM
As far as I remember, every member of the roster is up for the draft.

Injured, or title-holders.

In 2005 RVD went to RAW whilst injured, and Cena and Batista switched shows whilst they were champions.

Theo Dious
06-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah, but every time they have the draft, it's different.

Kane Knight
06-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Yeah, but every time they have the draft, it's different.

In fact, they made a huge deal about those chages. And they were changes.