PDA

View Full Version : Champions League

Pages : [1] 2

Sephiroth
02-24-2004, 11:31 AM
So because i just started watching soccer again and i heard the CL is today, i thought to ask you guys who still are in the CL?

Team Sheep
02-24-2004, 11:52 AM
these are the fixtures for the 2nd round first legs, which will take place today and tomorrow:

Bayern Munich VS Real Madrid

Celta Vigo VS Arsenal

Lokomotiv Moscow VS Monaco

Sparta Prague VS AC Milan

Deportivo La Coruna VS Juventus

FC Porto VS Manchester United

Real Sociedad VS Lyon

Stuttgart VS Chelsea

Some mouthwatering fixtures there, should make for some good footy :y:

Sephiroth
02-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Bayern Munich VS Real Madrid

Celta Vigo VS Arsenal

Deportivo La Coruna VS Juventus

FC Porto VS Manchester United

I think these will rule: So guys your expectations for the matches?

Loose Cannon
02-24-2004, 12:35 PM
ESPN 2 is showing the Juventus game tommorrow. That sucks as I really wanted to see Porto-United. I think that match is the best out of all of them. Porto is in first in the Portuguese League and they should give United quite a battle. I hope they show the game next week when they meet again though.

Danny Electric
02-24-2004, 12:53 PM
United will beat Porto. Even though there form has been dodgy to say the least lately, they've got enough experience to win. Plus Keane wiill be playing and Porto's top foward has been out for ages.

Wengerland
02-24-2004, 12:57 PM
You could have bumped the old thread but never mind...:$

Arsenal should really beat Celta,what with Arsenal in good form and Celta struggling in La Liga.Should be good to see Henry and Reyes starting alongside each other for the first time ( :drool: ) as Bergkamp won't fly over to Spain.

Sky Sports rule for getting rights to the competition though,those 8 match at once screens were class.

Sephiroth
02-24-2004, 01:04 PM
ESPN 2 is showing the Juventus game tommorrow. That sucks as I really wanted to see Porto-United. I think that match is the best out of all of them. Porto is in first in the Portuguese League and they should give United quite a battle. I hope they show the game next week when they meet again though.

Well that is ESPN for ya not that Juventus is a bad team, but indeed i would enjoy Porto-United more...

Loose Cannon
02-24-2004, 01:04 PM
United will beat Porto. Even though there form has been dodgy to say the least lately, they've got enough experience to win. Plus Keane wiill be playing and Porto's top foward has been out for ages.

You know Porto is actually favored to win. McCarty is there best foward right now and he's a hell of a player. I think your talking about Derlei though and yeah they really need him.

Danny Electric
02-24-2004, 01:41 PM
You know Porto is actually favored to win. McCarty is there best foward right now and he's a hell of a player. I think your talking about Derlei though and yeah they really need him.

Yeah I'm talking about Derlei but I still feel United will win. Is that Benni McCarthy? He's nothing compared to Van Nistlerooy. Plus the thing going against Porto is that the Portugese league is weak. But they did look good against Celtic last year when they won the UEFA cup.

Loose Cannon
02-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Yeah I'm talking about Derlei but I still feel United will win. Is that Benni McCarthy? He's nothing compared to Van Nistlerooy. Plus the thing going against Porto is that the Portugese league is weak. But they did look good against Celtic last year when they won the UEFA cup.

Oh no, I wouldn't compare McCarthy to Nistlerooy at all. But McCarthy is probably the best scorer they got right now, who's not injured.

Rob
02-24-2004, 02:11 PM

They are not favourites at all. Where did you get that from?

Loose Cannon
02-24-2004, 03:34 PM
They are not favourites at all. Where did you get that from?

I read it on a site where it gives the odds for each team that Porto was favored and one of my friends whos's Portuguese and gets the Portuguese TV stations said that the Sports News people said it on there. But I think it's bulls*** because I know United is the better team and actually when I was typing that, I second guessed myself and thought that was probably wrong. It was probably a PRO-Portugeuse site too.

Anyway, Goooo Sparta Prague

Team Sheep
02-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Tonight's Results:

Celta Vigo 2-3 Arsenal

Bayern Munich 1-1 Real Madrid

Sparta Prague 0-0 AC Milan

Lokomotiv Moscow 2-1 Monaco

The Mask
02-24-2004, 07:42 PM
the arsenal match was pretty good.

Ogen
02-24-2004, 09:05 PM
Arsenal match was top quality really enjoyed it. Edu really fu</>cked up Cavellero with that knee to the face. Expected more from Real Bayern not a great game and Milan not beating Prauge is odd but I'm sure they'll school them in Italy.

Tomorrows results:

Deportivo La Coruna - Juventus 1 - 1

FC Porto - Manchester United 1 - 2

Real Sociedad - Lyon 2 - 0

Stuttgart - Chelsea 1 - 0

Y2Ant
02-24-2004, 09:56 PM
I hope United end up getting Arsenal or Real Madrid in the next round and get knocked out by them, that would be insanely funny. :rofl:

Dazz
02-25-2004, 05:09 AM
Arsenal match was top quality really enjoyed it. Edu really fu</>cked up Cavellero with that knee to the face. Expected more from Real Bayern not a great game and Milan not beating Prauge is odd but I'm sure they'll school them in Italy.

Edu had every right to go for the ball though, and his second goal was superb.

Oliver Kahn :$

Dazz
02-25-2004, 05:11 AM
im gay

packt up
02-25-2004, 07:22 AM
I hope United end up getting Arsenal or Real Madrid in the next round and get knocked out by them, that would be insanely funny. :rofl:

Just them losing at any point would be fine by me.

packt up
02-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Anyway - what a goal from Edu and nice third goal.

Defence looked dodgy but hey 3 away goals for them they should go through. I expect all the English teams to progress I would think. I think Arsenal might go all the way this year but then I thought Inter might do earlier so :(.

Razor Rybek
02-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Oliver Kahn- The next keeper along with Ian Walker to graduate from the Massimo Taibi school of goalkeeping :lol:

Seriously though , United will have a big test in front of them tonight, with Rio out and Silvestre now injured, Fergie is apparently going with Gary Neville and Wes Brown in the centre, and Phil Neville and Quinton Fortune as full backs. Alot has been said of Keane possibly playing at the back, but to be honest, on a big european night such as this, United need Keano in the middle of the park.

Wengerland
02-25-2004, 09:25 AM
LOL Kahn was worse than Walker their.

Actually,no he wasn't.:(

Loose Cannon
02-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Yeah seriously, what the hell Kahn. You had a chance to give your team a HUGE win against the big favorite and it goes right under you. Well I think Bayern is finished now.

Anyway else suprised by the Sparta-Milan draw? My team might actually have a chance.

Wengerland
02-25-2004, 09:53 AM
I wasn't actually that surprised by Sparta holding Milan.They managed to draw at Chelsea and lost at home to them only by a fairly late goal,they also must've beat Lazio or at least finished above them in the group.

Plus having seen Milan looking poor against Inter last weeked (at least until i stopped watching,as i know they came back from 2 down to win) i'm not really too shocked.

Danny Electric
02-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Tomorrows results:

Deportivo La Coruna - Juventus 1-2

FC Porto - Manchester United 1-1

Real Sociedad - Lyon 2-2
Stuttgart - Chelsea 2-1

Sephiroth
02-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Expectations for tonight:

Deportivo La Coruna - Juventus 2-2

FC Porto - Manchester United 1-3

Real Sociedad - Lyon 1-1

Stuttgart - Chelsea 1-2

Loose Cannon
02-25-2004, 03:27 PM
See, I told you guys McCarthy would be a factor. 1-1 so far.

Sephiroth
02-25-2004, 03:28 PM
See, I told you guys McCarthy would be a factor. 1-1 so far.

True Porto is playing pretty strong.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Chelsea and Depor are both up 1-0 atm

Loose Cannon
02-25-2004, 03:31 PM
^^^Yeah, I'm watching the Chelsea game.

packt up
02-25-2004, 03:45 PM
COME ON PORTO

Loose Cannon
02-25-2004, 04:25 PM
McCarthy Again. 2-1 Porto

Cactus Sid
02-25-2004, 05:09 PM
McCarthy Again. 2-1 Porto

:D

packt up
02-25-2004, 05:23 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Keane :wave:

Dazz
02-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Gary Neville and Wes Brown, they were at fault for both goals.

The keeps did make a meal of the sending off. but oh well. :D

Dazz
02-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh, and we should have done much better. As soon as I saw our attack, I knew we were in for trouble. Lucky the defender scored the own goal, because we sure as hell can't finish for shit.

Wengerland
02-25-2004, 05:39 PM
I would say Chelsea to go through for sure now,Stuttgart managed to lose to Rangers away so the Blues shouldn't have any probs.

I think Man Utd can get through aswell,and probably will but their defence will decide that but 2 good finishes from Benni tonight.

Y2Ant
02-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Benni McCarthy is awesome

Ogen
02-25-2004, 06:42 PM
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And let me add one more HA! Losing to Porto is fu</>cking hilarious from one of the supposed best teams in Europe. Keaneo is muppet but it was nice to see Bia get stamped after his display against Celtic last year the cheating cúnt. I can't get over how shít United were. Can't wait till tomorrow now lots of abuse will be dealt out.

Cactus Sid
02-26-2004, 03:43 AM
Still waiting for the United reaction

Razor Rybek
02-26-2004, 10:23 AM
I think a few people underestimate Porto some what! They are a very good side when they have the ball, and they showed it. Benni Mccarthy is one of the best strikers in world and again he showed that. So Porto turning United over is not a massive suprise to me.

Keane :nono:

Wengerland
02-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Yeah i think many people under-estimated Porto but at the same time United should be looking to get a draw minimum in places like that because Porto aren't one of the top challengers.

I can't say McCarthy is one of the best strikers in the world though.He's still at least a class below Henry,RvN,Ronaldo e.t.c.

Ogen
02-26-2004, 02:07 PM
I think a few people underestimate Porto some what! They are a very good side when they have the ball, and they showed it. Benni Mccarthy is one of the best strikers in world and again he showed that. So Porto turning United over is not a massive suprise to me.

Keane :nono:

Don't talk shít Benni ain't anywhere near world class hes a decent player who had a good game last night. Also United lost by underestimating Porto they never closed them down, allowed them far too long on the ball while Porto went for everything on the park. United will still go through though no way Arsenal or Chelsea are going further than United.

Rob
02-26-2004, 02:57 PM
We'll win at OT but Phil Neville and Paul Scholes were absolutely awful. Roy Keane should have played centre back what a great example he was to the Man U youngsters that he cried about.

Razor Rybek
02-26-2004, 03:43 PM
I can't say McCarthy is one of the best strikers in the world though.He's still at least a class below Henry,RvN,Ronaldo e.t.c.

That he may be but he's still one of the best in the world and 19 out the 20 teams in the premiership would kill to sign him, if only his attitude did not stink!

Ogen
02-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Again with that being shíte a few years ago when he was on the market Villa were the only team to express an interest and we wouldn't pay what they wanted so basically not one premiership team wanted him

Razor Rybek
02-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Again with that being shíte a few years ago when he was on the market Villa were the only team to express an interest and we wouldn't pay what they wanted so basically not one premiership team wanted him

So they went for Allback instead huh?

Shows what Villa know about class really dont it? :nono:

Rob
02-28-2004, 06:30 AM
Actually didn't they go for Angel instead?

Danny Electric
02-28-2004, 08:03 AM
Actually didn't they go for Angel instead?

Yeah they did.

Rob
02-28-2004, 12:08 PM
That he may be but he's still one of the best in the world and 19 out the 20 teams in the premiership would kill to sign him, if only his attitude did not stink!

19 out of 20 teams would kill for him MY ARSE! He wouldn't get into the Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle or Liverpool first 11 for a start. I wouldn't pick him in at least 5 other teams either.

Razor Rybek
02-28-2004, 04:07 PM
19 out of 20 teams would kill for him MY ARSE!

I wouldn't pick him in at least 5 other teams either.

And that is why you would suck as a manager, your saying Heskey is better right?, your saying Baros is better? Somehow i don't think so, I am not singing McCarthy's praises simply because of his performance against a lack-lustre Man Utd, I have rated McCarthy for a long while, the only draw back being his bad Anelka type attitude.

Ogen
02-28-2004, 04:45 PM
If he was all that great he'd be at a better club its simple, look at Jardel brillinat for Porto shít pretty much everywhere else. McCarthy is a average player in a poor leauge

Danny Electric
02-28-2004, 05:06 PM
If he was all that great he'd be at a better club its simple, look at Jardel brillinat for Porto shít pretty much everywhere else. McCarthy is a average player in a poor leauge

The problem with Jardel when he played at other clubs is that he had problems with his weight and off the field. He performed well in Turkey but that wasn't the real Jardel at Bolton. That was the first time I've seen McCarthy play well in ages since he was younger, he had so much expected of him that he's never lived up to.

Danny Electric
02-28-2004, 05:10 PM
And that is why you would suck as a manager, your saying Heskey is better right?, your saying Baros is better? Somehow i don't think so, I am not singing McCarthy's praises simply because of his performance against a lack-lustre Man Utd, I have rated McCarthy for a long while, the only draw back being his bad Anelka type attitude.

Hey leave Baros and Heskey alone. Baros is a good player, better than McCarthy, did you see him against Sofia the other night and the standing ovation he got. Heskey is not the player he used to be because of people like you who love to say how crap he is. His link up play is amazing and alot of the time he's now played out of place on the wing.
Back to Baros, he performs on an international basis for the Czech Republic, something McCarthy has never done for South Africa. Plus Baros has only just got back, I wouldn't mind if we sold Owen as long as we kept Baros.

Cactus Sid
02-28-2004, 05:11 PM
I really don't rate Heskey :|

Baros is quality though

Danny Electric
02-28-2004, 05:24 PM

Baros is quality though

I'm about to give up on Heskey but I think he's link up play is amazing and if he gets back his confidence then he can still be a top scorer.

Frank Grimes Jnr
02-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Plus Baros has only just got back, I wouldn't mind if we sold Owen as long as we kept Baros.

Owen is a much better player than Baros. i'm not saying Baros is bad but he is not at the same standard as Owen.
And, as everyone has already mentioned, Heskey sucks donkeys balls!

Rob
02-28-2004, 07:40 PM
Baros is just as good as McCarthy if not better and you don't buy players who aren't better than what you have. Owen is 10 times better.

Cactus Sid
02-29-2004, 06:11 AM
I just wish Owen would pull his head out of his arse and start playing

Rob
02-29-2004, 11:37 AM
New manager needed pal.

Dazz
02-29-2004, 01:52 PM
The problem with Jardel when he played at other clubs is that he had problems with his weight and off the field. He performed well in Turkey but that wasn't the real Jardel at Bolton.

Yeah he was literally a goal machine out there.

Dazz
02-29-2004, 01:54 PM

Baros is quality though

He does some alright stuff, when you beat us at Stamford Bridge Heskey put in one hell of a ball for Baros/Cheyrou (I forget which one it was).

Apart from that I haven't seen him do much else.

Cactus Sid
02-29-2004, 02:03 PM
It was Cheyrou

He was good when we first bought him, but since then he's just gone constantly backwards, its a joke that he gets in the England team ahead of Smith, Beattie and Defoe

Razor Rybek
02-29-2004, 04:42 PM
As much as I dislike Heskey, I dont think he's that bad when he plays for England. He is a powerfull man upfront and does hold the ball well, its just his finishing which lets him down, and sometimes his balance. The point is, Defoe, Owen, Rooney and Beattie are all quite small in build, ok not Rooney but he is still young, so Heskey gives Beckham and Co something to aim for when trying a fifty yarder. If I remember rightly it was Heskey who set up Rooneys first goal for England, so i guess what I am saying is, I would probably pick Heskey over Beattie and Defoe

El Capitano Gatisto
03-05-2004, 07:57 PM
All that talk about Porto and not one mention of either Deco or Paulo Ferreira, both of whom would walk into any Premiership side, including Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea.

That Brazilian guy, Carlos Alberto I think, is brilliant too. Dangerous team, Porto. Don't think they'll travel well though.

United need to start with Ronaldo.

The other games for the English sides are foregone conclusions: both to go through.

I fancy Bayern to knock Real Madrid out. Even if they don't, Madrid are far too weak behind their frount 5 to win the competition.

Cactus Sid
03-05-2004, 08:45 PM
The point is.......Beattie .....quite small in build,

Which Beattie have you been watching?

Danny Electric
03-06-2004, 03:33 AM
All that talk about Porto and not one mention of either Deco or Paulo Ferreira, both of whom would walk into any Premiership side, including Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea.

That Brazilian guy, Carlos Alberto I think, is brilliant too. Dangerous team, Porto. Don't think they'll travel well though.

United need to start with Ronaldo.

The other games for the English sides are foregone conclusions: both to go through.

I fancy Bayern to knock Real Madrid out. Even if they don't, Madrid are far too weak behind their frount 5 to win the competition.

Porto are a good side who play in a weak league. There problem is apart from certain league games there not tested enough.
United will be messed up in the next game though, they need Roy Keane and recent performances have shown this.

Rob
03-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Defense looks weak but looked a tad better today (still not good enough) but I think we will still do the business on Tuesday night.

Razor Rybek
03-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Which Beattie have you been watching?

Compared to Heskey he is, he's hardly a ****ing giant

Rob
03-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Compared to Heskey, who is?!

El Capitano Gatisto
03-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Doesn't matter how big Heskey is if he never actually uses his bulk. He rarely does, effectively. He gets knocked down far too easily.

Loose Cannon
03-09-2004, 10:22 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO Porto-United on ESPN 2 today. I get to watch now.

Sephiroth
03-09-2004, 02:52 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO Porto-United on ESPN 2 today. I get to watch now.

yeah...my bet is on Porto 1-2 for Porto again.

Ogen
03-09-2004, 03:08 PM
United to win this game but not sure of the tie. Porto will be waiting for them and if they can counter attack effectivly against a pi</>ss poor United defence then they could score.

United 2-1 Porto. United to go through in the end though.

Ogen
03-09-2004, 04:41 PM
1-1 Porto just equalised I'm LOVING IT.C'mon PORTO

Loose Cannon
03-09-2004, 04:43 PM
YEAH MOTHER *******, PORTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What an ending

Ogen
03-09-2004, 04:46 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHA OH Sweet Jesus thats hilarious. End of an era mark my words.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Lyon knocked out Sociedad, no real surprise there.

Chelsea knocked out Stuttgart, again not really surprised although I didn't think it'd come down to 1 goal being the difference.

Deportivo have knocked out Juventus :eek: Depor are good but I would've expected Juve to beat them over 2 legs.

Ogen
03-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Depor are my tip for the win

toxic rooster
03-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Just a question:

Did chelsea have a shot on target the whole tie? I mean, their goal in the first leg was an own goal and i haven't seen them have a shot on target

Mr. Monday Morning
03-09-2004, 08:09 PM
From the highlights Gronkjaer hit the post but I don't remember them showing any other decent Chelsea chances :$

-edit- Doh, no, wrong, Duff had a shot in the first half saved

toxic rooster
03-09-2004, 08:15 PM
1 shot on target in 2 games?

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-10-2004, 04:25 AM
End of an era mark my words.
Hahaha shut up stupid

Mr. Monday Morning
03-10-2004, 05:19 AM
1 shot on target in 2 games?

lol I doubt it, that's just what they showed on the highlights last night. Dazz could tell you if they had more shots last night (if he went)...as for in Stuttgart I dunno, I can't remember that much about that game.

Wengerland
03-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Chelsea had a good few chances in the first leg according to Dazz,and they probably had more than was indicated on the highlights shown during the Man U game.

Cactus Sid
03-10-2004, 10:45 AM
They had some good chances in the first leg, but did fu</>ck all with them (such as Gudjohnsson's shot)

Rob
03-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Oh well. Real Madrid to win it now.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Oh well. Real Madrid to win it now.

I wouldn't rule Milan out, personally...

Wengerland
03-11-2004, 11:21 AM
I still think Arsenal will win it.

Rob Ban Fan
03-11-2004, 12:31 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I dont think Real will do it, I dont think they've got a good enough defence for it. I still think Chelsea are gonna go far, I think they'll be even better in Europe once Veron gets back. Also, like Adam said, Milan are still there.</font>

Rob
03-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Real or Milan for me.

Dazz
03-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah Real Madrid.

I hope we play them at some point.

Loose Cannon
03-11-2004, 02:14 PM
When are thr drawings for the next round? Today or Tommorrow? I'm going Porto all the way since Sparta Prague is done, but I think Milan will take it.

Dazz
03-11-2004, 02:17 PM
They had some good chances in the first leg, but did fu</>ck all with them (such as Gudjohnsson's shot)

:lol: :y:

Mutu also had that header from close range saved last night in like the 80th minute, and the one where he was one on one with the keeper, but I don't know if that counts because the keeper was almost on the edge of the area. Lampard had a shot near the end, where he was just in the area, and he side footed it, it bounced a few times, then the keeper saved it.

On tuesday most of Stuttgarts shots were from far out and didn't trouble Carlo. They had some good chances in both legs though, where Carlo made some brilliant saves, he was what got us through to the next round.

Cheers Carlo :kiss:

Dazz
03-11-2004, 02:18 PM
When are the drawings for the next round? Today or Tommorrow? I'm going Porto all the way since Sparta Prague is done, but I think Milan will take it.
Friday Midday over here, I dunno the time across the pond though. Just check here, it will be posted almost straight after it happens.

Loose Cannon
03-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Friday Middy over here, I dunno the time across the pond though. Just check here, it will be posted almost straigh after it happens.
:y: :y:

Rob
03-11-2004, 02:38 PM
On tuesday most of Stuttgarts shots were from far out and didn't trouble Carlo. They had some good chances in both legs though, where Carlo made some brilliant saves, he was what got us through to the next round.

Cheers Carlo :kiss:

Neil Sullivan will probably get you knocked out next round.

Dazz
03-11-2004, 02:41 PM
:|. Dude, don't even joke about that, it's not even funny. The guy is out to ruin us, he screws up at every attempt he is given. Finally, Ranieri didn't put him even as a sub, although Macho isn't any better.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-11-2004, 03:01 PM
I take it you guys know about Carlo breaking a bone in his hand then...:$

Dazz
03-11-2004, 03:06 PM
I take it you guys know about Carlo breaking a bone in his hand then...:$

:rant: No I didn't actually, just read ITV text, LOL at the headline 'Carlo Break Hands Ranieri a Problem'

FU</>CK, he might be out for the season. :'( This is actually the worst player we could have injured.

Wengerland
03-11-2004, 03:56 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if,with Sullivan in goal,you manage to finish 4th.

Dazz
03-11-2004, 03:58 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if,with Sullivan in goal,you manage to finish 4th.
Wouldn't suprise me either. We have Manchester United in the second to last game, Carlo REALLY needs to be back for that.

Wengerland
03-11-2004, 04:02 PM
You do seem to have good luck at Old Trafford though.

packt up
03-11-2004, 10:54 PM
Cudicini is the man :(.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Quarter-Finals

Real Madrid vs Monaco
Arsenal vs Chelsea
Porto vs Lyon
AC Milan vs Deportivo

Semi-Finals

Real Madrid or Monaco v Arsenal or Chelsea
FC Porto or Lyon v AC Milan or Deportivo

Dice
03-12-2004, 09:16 AM
gonna be a good set of games! hope the arsenal chelsea game will be on normal tv.. me bein an arsenal fan and dazz being a chelsea fan, it got bit heated in our lesson today!

i reckon arsenal will draw at stamford bridge and beat em at highbury..

the semis i reckon will be

Arsenal - Real Madrid
Porto - Milan

dont think monaco will get through altho they did hand out that stuffin earlier this season but porto and milan should go through, deportivo and lyon arent strong enough i dont think..

Disturbed316
03-12-2004, 09:36 AM
came as quite a shock when i read it this afternoon.

When was the last all english match in the CL? has there ever been one?

Sephiroth
03-12-2004, 09:47 AM
It's gonna be Arsenal or Real...thats what i think.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Pretty sure I read somewhere no English teams have ever been drawn against each other

Wengerland
03-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Still going with Arsenal,even though i'd have preffered the semi's to consist of Real,Milan,Arsenal and Chelsea.

Porto have looked good at times to be fair,i'm not ruling out Depor either considering they knocked Juventus out.

packt up
03-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Arsenal Real would be one hell of a match to watch.

And it'll proabably happen :D.

Milan to the final no problem.

packt up
03-12-2004, 12:21 PM
And lol at Sullivan being injured too Dazz.

Step forward Ambrosio vs Henry :(.

Danny Electric
03-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Arsenal v Deportivo final

Dice
03-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Ambrosio vs Henry LOL that'll be good to watch.. sullivan will prob be back tho but dont think Henry will have much trouble with him either.. hope Reyes starts against Chelsea and knocks them out of a cup.. AGAIN!

Dazz
03-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Quarter-Finals

Real Madrid vs Monaco
Arsenal vs Chelsea
Porto vs Lyon
AC Milan vs Deportivo

Semi-Finals

Real Madrid or Monaco v Arsenal or Chelsea
FC Porto or Lyon v AC Milan or Deportivo

We are actually at home for the first leg.

And the lesson got 'heated' because you were being an idiot 'oh last season Arsenal lost the league because we were waiting to lose' :wtf:

toxic rooster
03-13-2004, 02:43 AM
Hey Dice

Next time you go to Highbury, START FU</>CKING SINGING :mad::mad::rant::mad:

Oh, and go Arsenal :y:

Wengerland
03-13-2004, 03:04 AM
We are actually at home for the first leg.

And the lesson got 'heated' because you were being an idiot 'oh last season Arsenal lost the league because we were waiting to lose' :wtf:

Do you have the shortest lessons ever?

Dice posted at 2:16 and you told me your only lesson started at 2. :$

Dice
03-13-2004, 09:16 AM
lol it was in a different lesson.. i thought arsenal did well last season but once they went out the cup and united went on a winning streak arsenal didnt look like the same side, i was watchin arsenal drop points whilst united kept winning, hence i was waitin for arsenal to lose the league. dazz was gettin annoyed because i am confident arsenal will go through, but unlike last season im jus waitin for arsenal to win everything because they do look unbeatable, unlike last season. so dazz, as u say STFU

Dice
03-13-2004, 09:17 AM
didnt anyone hear the arsenal crowd singin "are you watchin manchester?" when we were beating celta vigo midweek? i admit the arsenal crowd are quiet but i never get chance to go watch em so i will sing if i get to go!

Dazz
03-13-2004, 09:41 AM
lol it was in a different lesson.. i thought arsenal did well last season but once they went out the cup and united went on a winning streak arsenal didnt look like the same side, i was watchin arsenal drop points whilst united kept winning, hence i was waitin for arsenal to lose the league. dazz was gettin annoyed because i am confident arsenal will go through, but unlike last season im jus waitin for arsenal to win everything because they do look unbeatable, unlike last season. so dazz, as u say STFU

Nope, you said that Arsenal were waiting to lose the league, not that you were waiting for the to lose the league.

Thats the only time I got annoyed, all I said bout your cockyness, was not to be so cocky, because you will look like a tit if you lose.

Paki Crippler
03-14-2004, 03:21 AM
i am just happy to see Man U out of CL

toxic rooster
03-14-2004, 07:13 AM
didnt anyone hear the arsenal crowd singin "are you watchin manchester?" when we were beating celta vigo midweek? i admit the arsenal crowd are quiet but i never get chance to go watch em so i will sing if i get to go!

I have to admit, it was an absolute classic the other week when we were playing Soton at Highbury and the whole crowd (Gooners and Southampton fans) were singing "Stand up if you hate Hoddle" in unison :lol:

Or at the OT 2 years ago when we won the league, "We can see you sneaking out", "What's the 8:30 movie?" and "We'll race you back to London" to the man united fans :lol:

It sorta shits me that Pompey were getting belted 5-0 and they were probably singing louder than our fans. Ah well, when I get rich and move to Islington, it'll all change :cool:

Dice
03-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Nope, you said that Arsenal were waiting to lose the league, not that you were waiting for the to lose the league.

Thats the only time I got annoyed, all I said bout your cockyness, was not to be so cocky, because you will look like a tit if you lose.

daz i may have said "we" but i meant ME! cant believe u got so annoyed.. thing is arsenal fans have a reason to be cocky, the team we support gives us reason to. anyone who gets cocky and they lose look like a tit but thats a chance im willing to take

Dazz
03-14-2004, 11:57 AM
daz i may have said "we" but i meant ME! cant believe u got so annoyed.. thing is arsenal fans have a reason to be cocky, the team we support gives us reason to. anyone who gets cocky and they lose look like a tit but thats a chance im willing to take

You didn't, as soon as I said that you were talking bullshit, you still kept talking about it from Arsenal's perspective, only reason you are changing it now is because no one in the lesson agreed with you.

Also, out of all the teams fighting relegation, I would most like to Portsmouth stay up, there fans are great, except RBF, and I wasn't at all suprised that they were outsinging Arsenal when they were 5-0 down.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Also, out of all the teams fighting relegation, I would most like to Portsmouth stay up, there fans are great, except RBF, and I wasn't at all suprised that they were outsinging Arsenal when they were 5-0 down.

:wavesad:

Dazz
03-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Sorry, but you haven't played us at the Bridge yet, so I don't know what your fans are like, I might change my mind on Saturday week. But Pompey fans really are the best in the Premiership IMO. They are always singing, and unlike any other team (except sometimes Chelsea) they sing about their Chairman, they appreciate what everyone has done at the club. Leed's fans arent's bad, but they are all thugs, and they brought this on themselves, I hope they finish bottom but avoid administration.

Wengerland
03-14-2004, 05:26 PM

:wavesad:

Mr. Monday Morning
03-14-2004, 08:28 PM
F</>uck off, I was here first :mad:

...wait, this is Dazz we're talking about, who cares :D

Dazz
03-15-2004, 12:51 AM

:'(

Oh just hurry up and go down. :foc:

Cactus Sid
03-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Jesus, anyone watching the Milan game?

Incredible.

Loose Cannon
03-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah, say goodbye to Deportivo. There's no way they're coming back from a three goal deficit. And Porto WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Mask
03-23-2004, 09:09 PM
kaka's first goal :drool:

Mr. Monday Morning
03-24-2004, 04:03 AM

:y:

Shevchenko's was pretty niiiiiice too (if a little fortunate)

's what I said before, I wouldn't rule them out right now

Cactus Sid
03-24-2004, 06:37 AM

It was pretty good considering about 5 seconds earlier he gave the ball away to Deportivo

Sephiroth
03-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Yeah, Kaka is the man, he is a really good player, i also liked the way Porto won, i think it will be AC - Porto next and then i hope Porto will make the finals, would be cool IMO.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Ok, let's start taking predictions for tonight

I'm gonna go for a 1-1

Mr. Monday Morning
03-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Oh, and I expect Madrid to go over Monaco but I'm not sure by how much

Y2Ant
03-24-2004, 01:10 PM
2-1 to Arsenal, foul-filled game :cool:

Sephiroth
03-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Chelsea 0 - Arsenal 2 and Real 3 - Monaco 1

The Mask
03-24-2004, 05:54 PM
real won 4-2 and arsenal/chelsea drew :cool:

i hope chelsea knock arsenal out, that'd be greatness

Dazz
03-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Ok, let's start taking predictions for tonight

I'm gonna go for a 1-1

Good call MMM.

I said to my mates today in college that it would be a draw, but I said I didn't know what the score would be, just that it would be a draw.

Desailly :'(. When I texted RBF before the game I said to him then that Desially is past it, he didn't play as bad as usual, but really, what a fuc</>king twat.

Makelele played bad for the first ever time. Mutu might as well play in midfield, as he tries to create goals and he can't score. Gudjohnsen does the same thing every game, he scores a goal, and then does fu</>ck all as he thinks he has done enough.

i hope chelsea knock arsenal out, that'd be greatness

:cool:

Frank Grimes Jnr
03-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Pires just can't stop scoring.
It looks as if Chelsea are gonne be knocked out imho.
The Gunners are too strong at home.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Dammit I knew I should've put money on that :mad:

Oh well, I'll just bet the house on us taking 3 points at the weekend :cool:

Wengerland
03-25-2004, 02:07 PM

I care about Dazzs' opinion. :yes:

Unless he wants Leicester to go down. :$

packt up
03-25-2004, 02:18 PM

Don't throw your money away for christs sake :(.

:D

Dazz
03-25-2004, 08:10 PM

:lol:! :lol:!

Jacko
03-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Good call MMM.

I said to my mates today in college that it would be a draw, but I said I didn't know what the score would be, just that it would be a draw.

Desailly :'(. When I texted RBF before the game I said to him then that Desially is past it, he didn't play as bad as usual, but really, what a fuc</>king twat.

Makelele played bad for the first ever time. Mutu might as well play in midfield, as he tries to create goals and he can't score. Gudjohnsen does the same thing every game, he scores a goal, and then does fu</>ck all as he thinks he has done enough.

:cool:

Talk to me when you get knowledge for the game. :roll:

Makelele and Parker squeezed Henry completely out of the game, as well as covering all the holes for Bergkamp to pick his penetrating passes.

Gudjohnsen did **** all? He was the one attempting to hold the ball up, only if he would of released a few better balls Chelsea would have scored a goal or two more. Mutu needs to play on the shoulder of the defender rather than trying to mix it up in midfield, this is not seria A and he needs to get stronger.. if he plays on the shoulder he's as good as anyone. Anyway Kolo Toure was a class act and always stepped up and pressed Him and Adrian.

Jacko
03-26-2004, 09:29 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dreams, don't always turn into reality mate.

Dazz
03-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Talk to me when you get knowledge for the game. :roll:

Makelele and Parker squeezed Henry completely out of the game, as well as covering all the holes for Bergkamp to pick his penetrating passes.

Gudjohnsen did **** all? He was the one attempting to hold the ball up, only if he would of released a few better balls Chelsea would have scored a goal or two more. Mutu needs to play on the shoulder of the defender rather than trying to mix it up in midfield, this is not seria A and he needs to get stronger.. if he plays on the shoulder he's as good as anyone. Anyway Kolo Toure was a class act and always stepped up and pressed Him and Adrian.

Your a fu</>cking idiot. Knowledge of the game? I am much more clued up then you on Chelsea, I'll tell you that for free.

It was Makelele's fault that Desailly got the second booking, he needlessly tries to clothesline Henry (I think) off the ball in the first half, near the touchline, and he wasn't passing to the right team. Parker is a great player, but is shit in Europe. And you think that two midfielders squeezed their attackers out of the game, how about you return to the corner and stick your dunces hat back on, you fu</>cking moron.

I watch EVERY Chelsea home game, and believe me, once Gudjohnsen scores, he is lazy, and rubbish, he was exactly the same against Fulham.

As for Mutu, the guy has an appaling record of goals this season, he is a better creator, and if you see the guy off the ball, you will see that he is never up there. This means that the midfielders have ONE player to aim for, if they pass to Mutu, then there is then only ONE player for him to aim at. If you watch our attacks, we never have enough people in the box, we are lucky to even have two players in the box most of the time.

You really are clueless on Chelsea FC, don;t even think you know more about them then me, moron.

Wengerland
03-27-2004, 06:01 AM
Desailly's first booking looks pretty stupid now.

Next season,if Chelsea buy another forward or two,or keep Forssell,i would move Mutu out right midfield.He played there for whichever Verona club he played for and that would leave a better balance should Parker be kept out wide.

Jacko
03-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Your a fu</>cking idiot. Knowledge of the game? I am much more clued up then you on Chelsea, I'll tell you that for free.

It was Makelele's fault that Desailly got the second booking, he needlessly tries to clothesline Henry (I think) off the ball in the first half, near the touchline, and he wasn't passing to the right team. Parker is a great player, but is shit in Europe. And you think that two midfielders squeezed their attackers out of the game, how about you return to the corner and stick your dunces hat back on, you fu</>cking moron.

I watch EVERY Chelsea home game, and believe me, once Gudjohnsen scores, he is lazy, and rubbish, he was exactly the same against Fulham.

As for Mutu, the guy has an appaling record of goals this season, he is a better creator, and if you see the guy off the ball, you will see that he is never up there. This means that the midfielders have ONE player to aim for, if they pass to Mutu, then there is then only ONE player for him to aim at. If you watch our attacks, we never have enough people in the box, we are lucky to even have two players in the box most of the time.

You really are clueless on Chelsea FC, don;t even think you know more about them then me, moron.

Seeing how I went to the game, am a Chelsea supporter, used to work and am a season ticket holder... i'd like to know how?

Henry was being pushed all around the gaffe, right midfield, left midfield.. Parker and Makelele simply showed him insdie where Terry/Desially knicked the ball. I agree Makelele is quite overated.. infact he's a mercenary but they did a good job and Parker is 100% commited and that's why he got a standing ovation.

Gudjohnsen against Fulham... haha he was the best player I think you'll find. Every time the ball came forward, he picked it up, moved away from the defenders and made space. The only player that touched him was John Terry as he snuffed out Fulham.

Watch Mutu at the beggining of the season, on the shoulder of the defender... including one goal vs Blackburn and two goals vs Tottascum. He's got good feet, but he trys to get to involved on the left wing, and unlike Parma we have no Adriano.. so he's wasted... if he gets on the shoulder he can use his pace, skill and usual finishing ability to show his best.

Thanx...

Mr. Monday Morning
03-28-2004, 08:52 AM
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

:shifty:

Jacko
03-28-2004, 09:31 AM
;) Nah, just trying to say his bashing is bs :O

Dazz
03-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Seeing how I went to the game, am a Chelsea supporter, used to work and am a season ticket holder... i'd like to know how?
:$

Henry was being pushed all around the gaffe, right midfield, left midfield.. Parker and Makelele simply showed him insdie where Terry/Desially knicked the ball. I agree Makelele is quite overated.. infact he's a mercenary but they did a good job and Parker is 100% commited and that's why he got a standing ovation. Parker might be commited, but does that mean he deserves to play in Europe? should we have tried harder to keep Jody Morris seeing as he was committed?

Gudjohnsen against Fulham... haha he was the best player I think you'll find. Every time the ball came forward, he picked it up, moved away from the defenders and made space. The only player that touched him was John Terry as he snuffed out Fulham. Gudjonsen hasn't played a good game all season. He scores important goals, but he does't work for the ball, he is slow and lazy.

Watch Mutu at the beggining of the season, on the shoulder of the defender... including one goal vs Blackburn and two goals vs Tottascum. He's got good feet, but he trys to get to involved on the left wing, and unlike Parma we have no Adriano.. so he's wasted... if he gets on the shoulder he can use his pace, skill and usual finishing ability to show his best.but whilst he is missing every chance he gets, why not shove him in midfield? He messed up our two best chances at home to Suttgart, both should have been goals.

Thanx...
For what? :$

Jacko
03-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Just saying thanks, I am a nice guy you know :)

Jody Morris :O.. no talent, and couldn't win the ball is it was handed to him :O

Eidur is pure class.. technically are best striker, and maybe player.. awesome feet. :) Eidur can be occasionally lazy, but his goal against Arsenal refutes that doesn;t it.. he hussled Lehman.

Mutu can play left midfield, and when Duff's not fit I think we should. BUt in terms of playing as a striker.. he needs to play on the shoulder, get himself some goals and get back his confidence and show the true ' Fanatasia '

Dazz
03-29-2004, 05:01 PM
If Eidur hassled other keepers as much as he did Lehmenn for that goal then he would score more. But he doesn't, he just walks around, similar to Jimmy. The only reason Jimmy got a hatrick on the weekend was because he came on as a sub and felt he had something to prove, if he started he would have been just as lazy.

And you can say what you want about our (not are ;)) midfield against the Arse, but Veira shat all over them.

Jacko
03-30-2004, 05:36 PM
If Eidur hassled other keepers as much as he did Lehmenn for that goal then he would score more. But he doesn't, he just walks around, similar to Jimmy. The only reason Jimmy got a hatrick on the weekend was because he came on as a sub and felt he had something to prove, if he started he would have been just as lazy.

And you can say what you want about our (not are ;)) midfield against the Arse, but Veira shat all over them.

Viera did not shit all over them, Lampard or Edu were the best midfielder in this match. IN the two previous games, I agree, Viera owned and Lamps and Maka went completely missing.

Eidur for president... :wave:

toxic rooster
03-30-2004, 09:15 PM

:roll:

honestly, are you just stirring shit?

Eidur should bring a sleeping bag to the game. HE'S FU</>CKING LAZY!

Dazz
03-31-2004, 04:37 AM
:roll:

honestly, are you just stirring shit?

Eidur should bring a sleeping bag to the game. HE'S FU</>CKING LAZY!

You are the greatest guy ever :love:

Dazz
03-31-2004, 04:38 AM
Viera did not shit all over them, Lampard or Edu were the best midfielder in this match. IN the two previous games, I agree, Viera owned and Lamps and Maka went completely missing.

Lampard played average, Edu, well, cheated, Vieira was the best player in the middle of the park.

toxic rooster
03-31-2004, 07:35 AM
Lampard played average, Edu, well, cheated, Vieira was the best player in the middle of the park.

And for the first time in this thread, somebody has spelt Vieira correctly...

I'll leave now.

Jacko
03-31-2004, 05:57 PM
Nobody asked for your input.

It's a known fact that

'Your Support is f'n shit... Your Support is f'n shit'

'Are you like this at home...'

The abuse you take from away supports :D :O? Lame.

AT least we haven't got people like Kanu, WIltord (£13 mIllion? :D?), SIlva (Does he ever pass forward?)

Well apart from Bogarde, but thats anotehr kettle of fish (he was free)

toxic rooster
04-03-2004, 09:49 PM
what, so it's my fault the Gooners don't sing? Because I'm on the other side of the world and all?

We may take abuse from away supporters, but what happens on the pitch is all that really matters now, isn't it? (Unless you're playing Pompey, damn stubborn singing fans :mad: )

Read any feedback page on the net, Gilberto is shite. Nobody is denying that - http://www.football365shop.com/store/thumbNail.asp?size=200&image=/store/catalog/ISawGilberto2.gif
They don't make shirts like these for nothing

Wiltord - it's unfortunate that he's injured. He has his moments, but I think when he does come back, Edu will have taken his place permanently in central midfield. Have you got a problem with Wiltord - please elaborate.

Kanu, Kanu....how quickly we forget, hey? Or have we repressed the memory of a certain hat-trick against Chelsea??

At least we don't try to buy every player, and end up with so much depth that everybody ends up out of form because they never get a game.

Oh, nobody asked for your input either, but here you are

Mr. Monday Morning
04-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Wiltord has never played central midfield :o

toxic rooster
04-04-2004, 07:00 AM
No?

As far as Wee Gooner was aware, Arsenal play a 4-4-2 formation with Henry and Bergkamp striking, Ljungberg on the right and Pires on the left.

So where, pray tell, <i>has</i> Wiltord been playing for Arsenal? :o

Mr. Monday Morning
04-04-2004, 07:01 AM
He hasn't, that's the whole point.

When he does play he either plays on the wing or up front.

Central midfield has always been some combination of Vieira, Gilberto Silva, Edu, and sometimes Ray Parlour.

toxic rooster
04-04-2004, 07:05 AM
THEN WHERE THE HELL DO PIRES AND LJUNGBERG END UP :rant:

maybe I'm confused - it's been a while since he's played.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-04-2004, 07:06 AM
Pires and Ljungberg are always first choice on the wings. Wiltord is a sub striker at best, behind Henry and Bergkamp, and probably Reyes now in the pecking order.

If/when he's back I imagine he'll be used either as a backup striker or backup to Ljungberg on the right. He's probably going to end up leaving soon anyway.

Jacko
04-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Wiltord has never played midfield, for one he does not have the tactical ability to keep to his position. Wiltord played an attacking inside right.. tbf he did well at the beggining of last season... but he really takes the piss :O

Anyway Gooner I look forward to the match on tuesday, and i've had a few bets with the lads from www.xtratime.org ;)

Wengerland
04-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Wiltord has played right midfield before.It may have been attacking but so is Ljunberg from that position.

Dazz
04-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Nobody asked for your input.

It's a known fact that

'Your Support is f'n shit... Your Support is f'n shit'

'Are you like this at home...'

The abuse you take from away supports :D :O? Lame.

AT least we haven't got people like Kanu, WIltord (£13 mIllion? :D?), SIlva (Does he ever pass forward?)

Well apart from Bogarde, but thats anotehr kettle of fish (he was free)

That is your first comment that I have fully agreed with.

toxic rooster
04-05-2004, 08:27 AM
But still, I love the way Chelsea fans get up Kanu

or has that memory been repressed?

Sephiroth
04-05-2004, 12:07 PM
So i heard that Monaco vs Real and Arsenal vs Chelsea is gonna be tomorrow, what are your thoughts about the matches.

I think Real is gonna win it clean 0-2 because they already won in with 4-2 at home.

Don't know about Arsenal vs Chelsea though, i hope that Chelsea wins but that is in IMO :D

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 12:19 PM
I think Real will go through but i wouldn't bet on them keeping a clean sheet.:p

Other game should be fairly close but seeing as Arsenal never lose to Chelsea and i picked them to win the competition,i'll go for Arsenal.

Sephiroth
04-05-2004, 02:08 PM
So what is this what i heard about Beckham and cheating with a dutch bitch?( who looks hot btw )

Jacko
04-05-2004, 05:03 PM
That is your first comment that I have fully agreed with.

Party?

:D :p :y: :wave: :roll: :-\

Jacko
04-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Wiltord has played right midfield before.It may have been attacking but so is Ljunberg from that position.

SOrry I meant CMF.. i.e Viera, Edu etc :D

Dazz
04-05-2004, 06:48 PM
So what is this what i heard about Beckham and cheating with a dutch bitch?( who looks hot btw )

Don't believe anything you hear about Beckham. News Of The World basically try and put anything they can about Becks in their paper just to sell it.

These rumours cropped up a couple of months ago and no one believed it then either.

toxic rooster
04-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Weren't NOTW the ones that said Vieira and Wiltord had signed for Inter at the end of last season?

Wengerland
04-06-2004, 05:44 AM
I wouldn't be surprised,if you believe any of their rumours then clubs like Leicester would have signed about 8 players from lower league clubs.

Every week-end it must link 2 or 3 players with moves to Chelsea.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-06-2004, 09:01 AM
Come on then, predictions.

Madrid are more or less through already, Monaco will give it a go but they should get there...I'm actually tempted to go for Monaco 2-1 or something cause I have a feeling Real might rest a couple players.

As for the other one...hmm. I can see it being 1-1 and going to extra time. Arsenal to nick it, but *just*.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
04-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Chelsea through AET

Wengerland
04-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Arsenal will win 2-1 in the 90 mins.

Bare in mind i guaranteed Dazz that Leicester would beat Leeds though.:'(

Mr. Monday Morning
04-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Bear is right :$

Dazz
04-06-2004, 03:37 PM
I never make predictions on Chelsea, I just STFU and soak up all the abuse from gunners fans. Those cockey bastards of fans were singing about winning the treble when I saw them Friday, and then look what happened on Saturday, they need to learn when to shut up. Arsene Wenger thinks that this is over, he comes out and has a problem with when there games are played, and then they get moved, and he has a problem with that. :mad:. I would love it, I would LOVE it if we beat them tonight, we're still in this, and Arsene Wenger and his boys better watch out.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!

Cactus Sid
04-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Clive Tyldesley can fu</>ck off

"Reyes learnt that from Ronaldo at the weekend....except he's not as good at it" Mentioning Man U all the god damn time, what a fu</>cking tool

Dazz
04-06-2004, 04:38 PM
My god I am fuc</>king sick of this, everytime, we cannot defend crosses for shit, mainly the reason why, and have said this ever since we played Liverpool on the opening day of the season, is because our fu</>cking stupid full backs never pick up a man until they have the ball, thats why Ashley Cole whipped in a decent cross two weeks ago, and thats why Lauren did tonight, it's fu</>cking pathetic.

On the plus side, I would rather go out by losing one of the matches, then by drawing them both, I know that that way we wouldn't have lost in the Champions League to Arsenal, but going out on away goals is harsh.

Pires is a diving twat, the ref should have either booked Lampard for the challenge, or booked Pires for diving, he had to do one or the other. The way Pires went down, showed that if Lampard had caught him, it was a booking. But as everyone knows, Pires is a diving tosser.

P.S, how many more times is the referee going to let Arsenal go in with high feet? It's amazing they having smacked anyone in the head yet.

P.P.S :cool: at one of the commentators saying the good old Fifa 2000 quote of 'I hope we're safe here, tackles are flying in from everywhere' ( I know that in FIFA they say the two parts the other way round, but its close enough dammit.)

Dazz
04-06-2004, 04:39 PM

"Reyes learnt that from Ronaldo at the weekend....except he's not as good at it" Mentioning Man U all the god damn time, what a fu</>cking tool

The comentators are shit anyway, if I could be bothered I would tune in the radio and watch the game with the volume on mute. I would much rather the match was on sky sports, give me Tyler and Gray anyday.

The Mask
04-06-2004, 05:06 PM
asofkoask COME ON CHELSEA

The Mask
04-06-2004, 05:34 PM
f</>ucking hell LOL

YESSSS CMON

aahahahahhahahahha :'(

Dazz
04-06-2004, 05:38 PM
SUCK MY DICK ARSENAL FANS, your all so cocky, you had that one coming.

I knew Wayne Bridge was going to score (no really I did) as soon as the commentator said about someone to make a name for themselves, it made me think of Tour, Winterburn and Silvinho, all shocked Chelsea by scoring crucial goals, I instantly thought of Wayne Bridge, he pushes up, scored against Pompey, I almost text RBF saying I bet Bridge scores, but when it comes to football I am one of the most supersticious people you will meet.

Dave Youell
04-06-2004, 05:39 PM
WTF has happened to Arsenal????

On the bright side the Chelsea board are gonna look like Dicks when they sack him in the summer.

Plus WTF is up with ****ing Madrid?!?!?!?!?! How they **** can they throw away a 4-2 lead from the first game!!!

Crazy shite

Cactus Sid
04-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Yessssssssssssss

Up the Ski

So happy for Ranieri, and the team, you never know what this could do for the rest of the season

Chelsea vs Monaco eh?

Dazz
04-06-2004, 05:46 PM
I know, gutted Madrid.

Morientes won't be welcome back next year. :$

Cactus Sid
04-06-2004, 05:48 PM
I know, gutted Madrid.

Morientes won't be welcome back next year. :$

I'm sure Sven will make him welcome at the Bridge

Dazz
04-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Anyone that beats Real Madrid 3-1 is going to be tough.

This semi final will be tough.

Anyone that predicted it is a liar.

Dazz
04-06-2004, 05:51 PM
I'm sure Sven will make him welcome at the Bridge

:rant:

Danny Electric
04-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Both good games, happy for both sides.
I watched the second half of the Monaco game and they were amazing, Rothen and Giuly both played out of there skin. Giuly second goal was amazing.
Milan v Chelsea final

The Duck
04-06-2004, 07:03 PM

He's a red and I ****ing love him.

Alan Parry. Scouse Twat. I hate him.

& it's true, Reyes is an amateur compared to Ronaldo at step-overs :p

As for Arsenal :lol:

The Highbury Library was quiet as anything tonight. You'd have thought they're excuse for fans would have created a hell of an atmosphere, getting behind they're team after the weekend. Fat chance.

Wenger's ****ed it big time over the last four days. He's bottled it with his tactics and team-selection. The Greatest Team in the World....Ever (tm) 1 week ago aren't looking up to much anymore. 'The Single' doesn't exactly come off as great as 'The Treble' and with the Scouse and Geordies coming up over the Easter Weekend god knows what's going to happen.

The only thing that scares me is the prospect of the Rent Boys winning the title. They're still a mickey-mouse club built on a one man's fortune - not a dynasty built over years of hard-earned success (see. Manchester United circa 199O's, Liverpool 1980's and more recently Arsenal). I'd still rather Arsenal won the league....in a weird sort of way, but tonight has been a sweet night.

Don't even get me started on how great it was to see Real Madrid go out.

Dazz
04-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Come on youe Blues.

I would love nothing more then for Arsenal to win nothing these season.

Also - The blues fans weren't that loud, but I'll let them off because there wasn't many of them

P.S - Listen your your god Alex (pronounced Alec :wtf: ) Ferguson, he says that you can't just buy the title. And by god he is right. Teams need to gel. They cannot just come together in a season, it takes time to gel. If you look at our matches, our results, we have not been convincing this season. Only against Wolves home and away, Lazio away and Newcastle at home.

Frank Grimes Jnr
04-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Real Madrid got what they deserved for giving away Morientes.

Long Live Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paranoid Rattlesnake
04-07-2004, 04:46 AM
One Bridge too far for arsenal ;)

Wengerland
04-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Real Madrid can't defend for shit.

I dunno why last night but i wanted Chelsea to win,still i wouldn't have minded either way.Chelsea should have a good chance against Monaco as Monaco's defence didn't seem that great and as long as Chelsea defend like they have so far in the competition then they should go through.

I'd like to think they'd keep faith in Ranieri now,considering Arsenal have games at Newcastle and at home to Liverpool,a match where Liverpool don't lose too often.Could make for a good premiership finish.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-07-2004, 08:02 AM
P.S - Listen your your god Alex (pronounced Alec :wtf: ) Ferguson, he says that you can't just buy the title. And by god he is right. Teams need to gel. They cannot just come together in a season, it takes time to gel. If you look at our matches, our results, we have not been convincing this season. Only against Wolves home and away, Lazio away and Newcastle at home.

The f</>uck you were convincing against us at home :rant: :nono:

Sephiroth
04-07-2004, 08:16 AM
YES!!! Chelsea :love: I won 150 Dollars betting on Chelsea with my friends YES ****ing YES :love: And lol at my best friend who lost 200 dollars by betting on Arsenal and Real :D

Paranoid Rattlesnake
04-07-2004, 08:46 AM
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/arsenal.jpg

Disturbed316
04-07-2004, 08:48 AM
I was rooting for Chelsea to win last night, was glad they did :y:

Arsenal have pretty much lost everything now, I think they'll lose the Premiership too.

Monaco game was great to watch, cant believe they done it :y:

Disturbed316
04-07-2004, 08:48 AM

LOL

Sin Harvest
04-07-2004, 10:32 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I'd love Chelsea to go on and win it now, that'll stick it to Roman for wanting Claudio Ranieri out for no justified reason (highest ever Premiership place, title chance AND possible European glory?! They'll not find a manager who can match that!).

Wengerland
04-07-2004, 11:52 AM
LOL @ pic.

Dazz
04-07-2004, 04:00 PM
The f</>uck you were convincing against us at home :rant: :nono:

I retract my statement.

We were covnvincing for the last 15 minutes

Mr. Monday Morning
04-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Deportivo are up 3-0 at halftime :|:|:|:|

They're going through if this stands :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Wengerland
04-07-2004, 04:37 PM
ahahaha

This is quality.

Wengerland
04-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Woooooooooo

4-0,what a match.

If only i hadn't <s>been sacked</s>resigned from Deportivo on Champ Man.:'( *tries to sign Luque*

The Mask
04-07-2004, 06:21 PM
holy shit, this is chelsea's for the taking :'(

Rob
04-07-2004, 06:23 PM
How can Milan be that bad? I've never seen a team so tactically naive when losing a game and knowing you need a single goal to get back level. Gattuso and Maldini tried but the rest were awful.

Wengerland
04-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Porto-Depor should be a close one.:y:

Wengerland
04-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Hard to believe that one of Deportivo,Porto,Chelsea and Monaco will be European Champions though.

Dazz
04-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Hard to believe that one of Deportivo,Porto,Chelsea and Monaco will be European Champions though.

Yeah it looks like a draw for the UEFA Cup Semi Finals or something.

Sephiroth
04-09-2004, 06:59 AM
I liked the match yesterday, PSV- Newcastle though i thought Newcastle would kick ass, but it was just a 1-1.

The matches in the CL where high quality, i really enjoyed Deportivo- AC :yes: And realy liked it that Chelsea kicked the arse of Arsenal :love:

Jacko
04-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Arsenal - owned.

Once gain 'Your support is f'n shit... Your support is f'n shit'

It's gonna be a party tommorow :D..

Hail - Eidur, Lamps, JT, Billy, Jesper, Ukelele and Custard :D

toxic rooster
04-09-2004, 09:03 PM
:mad::rant:

Eidur has nothing dude.

Yeah, Chelsea won, but if that's the price we Gooners have to pay for 17 in a row, then we'll take it :D.

Dazz
04-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Arsenal - owned.

Once gain 'Your support is f'n shit... Your support is f'n shit'

It's gonna be a party tommorow :D..

Hail - Eidur, Lamps, JT, Billy, Jesper, Ukelele and Custard :D

The person behind me also calls Makelele Ukelele. :|

And did you not realise that Eidur was shit...AGAIN, I really cannot believe that you like the guy. I don't think he could have done much else when he had the shot that Cole blocked on the line, but he had a good chance when Jimmy nodded it down for him, and he wouldn't hit it first time, or second time, and in the end rolled it to Lamps who's shot was deflected. He was fu</>cking shit.

And how could you not mention Wayne Bridge in the list of people to hail :rant:

toxic rooster
04-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Bullshit, he put that shot right on Cole's foot.

The only part of Cole's body in front of the line was the foot he blocked it with.

Eidur should have buried that shot, giving Cole no chance.

Wengerland
04-10-2004, 06:13 AM
Who is Custard?

Jacko
04-10-2004, 10:06 PM
The person behind me also calls Makelele Ukelele. :|

And did you not realise that Eidur was shit...AGAIN, I really cannot believe that you like the guy. I don't think he could have done much else when he had the shot that Cole blocked on the line, but he had a good chance when Jimmy nodded it down for him, and he wouldn't hit it first time, or second time, and in the end rolled it to Lamps who's shot was deflected. He was fu</>cking shit.

And how could you not mention Wayne Bridge in the list of people to hail :rant:

Whoops about Bridgers, my bad.. he owns.

Eidur is the man mate! He may not have been at his best... but in the 2nd half he was the one creating all the problems coming into midfield picking it up, running and laying it off. Hense he nearly scored and played a beauty to Bridge ;).

Eidur Gudjohnson clap clap clap clap clap ;)

Mind you today he wasn't at his best, but JFH is useless :eek: Super SUub.

Dazz
04-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Who is Custard?

Ambrosio.

Dazz
04-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Whoops about Bridgers, my bad.. he owns.

Eidur is the man mate! He may not have been at his best... but in the 2nd half he was the one creating all the problems coming into midfield picking it up, running and laying it off. Hense he nearly scored and played a beauty to Bridge ;).

Although it looked good because he nutmegged Toure, it was still abit of a shit decision of his to try it, obviously its all good because it paid off. maybe I am just being critical because I dont like the guy anymore.

Wengerland
04-11-2004, 06:18 AM
Ambrosio.

Makes sense.:(

toxic rooster
04-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Explain :?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Wengerland
04-11-2004, 12:01 PM
What the custard thing?

If so,it's because Ambrosio is a custard...producer.

Dazz
04-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Exactly. I have never heard anyone call him Custard, but as soon as I saw the name I thought of Ambrosio. But your from across the pond Wee Gooner so I'll let you off.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-11-2004, 05:25 PM
*Ambrosia :o

http://www.britishdelights.com/images/ambrosia.jpg

Wengerland
04-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Maybe the keeper himself is well known for making home-made custard around Chelsea then...

:shifty:

Jacko
04-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Yea, it's the speciality in Fish Nets and Shed Bar.. :O

packt up
04-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Chelsea should win it now I think.

I bet you could have got 1000-1 odds on these teams being the last four.

toxic rooster
04-17-2004, 04:42 AM
Yes, but it's a cup competition, and this is the romance of it. That teams like Monaco and Deportivo can even come up against the big teams and beat them.

Not if the whole G14 thing ever happens :mad:

toxic rooster
04-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Whoa wazzup with them Monaco fans, did they take a vow of silence or something? *aware of irony of being a Gooner, so shut up :mad:*

Also, :eek: @ crespo scoring

Mr. Monday Morning
04-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Man alive

Chelsea were utter shite 2nd half

WTF was Ranieri smoking :|

Rob
04-20-2004, 05:42 PM
Yeah they were real silent at full time.

Deserved result. Especially after the dodgiest red card of the season.

Rob
04-20-2004, 05:44 PM
And for the record, the way two certain Chelsea players acted was a fu</>cking embarassment to English football.

Dazz
04-20-2004, 05:58 PM
And for the record, the way two certain Chelsea players acted was a fu</>cking embarassment to English football.

What two were they? Makelele yeah but who else :?:

It was twats like Morientes that were doing worse stuff.

Anyhow, Monaco deserved the win. :|

At starting Melchiot. They guy is a fuc</>king wanker, has no clue how to anything but a long throw, its all he is good for. what a stupid fu</>cking challenge for the free kick that lead to their first goal, and it was his man that scored. He fu</>cked it up against Villa too, the first two goals in that game were his fault, the guy is a joke, the sooner he pisses off the better, shame Gallas wasn't fit because he is a much better right back, as if Huth.

I agree with Ranieri's attacking idea after the red card, if it paid off it would have been great. We had a great team (except Eidur gudfu</>ckingjonsen) on when they slipped the other two past us to. Fu</>ck knows what Terry was thinking for either of the last 2 goals, and Ambrosio should ahve dealt with the last one.

Still, even if we lose at home, and come third in the league, we HAVE to give Ranieri at least till christmas.

Dazz
04-20-2004, 06:06 PM

Yeah I forgot what a greta example Manchester United players set :lol: , especially Gary Neville Vs Manchester City

Well, they are no worse then the following -

Eric Cantona Vs Crystal Palace

And Andrei Kanchelskis in the 94 cup final dived, but of course you would over look that

McCLair kicking the shit out of the Arsenal player on the floor (I think it was the first season of the Premiership)

And or course, the United players (Inspired by Roy Keane) who chase ref's around the pitch.

You lot are a fu</>cking disgrace, Makelele did no worse then other players, I.E Lee Henderie against Newcastle, that is the latest example of someone play acting. And everygame Ashley Cole plays in he play acts too.

packt up
04-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Makele was a disgrace.

So was Gudjonsen but for a different reason - he should have had at least 2.

WTF at the commentators CONSTANTLY ripping Veron - sure he wasn't great but the entire team was shit - they basically blamed him for everything. And saying he's rusty yeah probs cos he hasnt played for four months dickheads. I'm not his greatest fan or anythign (hell I dont really care either way for the guy) but he got way too much stick.

Monaco fully deserved it. Absolutely loved Morientes' goal I have to say and then the third well...poor Marco.

Mr. Monday Morning
04-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Naw Veron was very very poor and he was obviously not fully fit...if he's not fully fit why bring him on in the Champions League semi-final? :| For that matter why take Gronkjaer off in the first place? :|

I can bet you he sure as hell won't play in the 2nd leg if everyone is fit

Dazz
04-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Veron was out of position, and was very creative, he set up our best chanc ein the second half, and look like the only person who could create anything.

If you ask me though, the starting midfield was fine, I would have just brought Eidur off for Jimmy, and Huth on for Melchiot.

If any midfielder came on it should have been Cole. But I think people are being harsh to Seba. Gudjohnsen was much fu</>cking worse. :|

El Capitano Gatisto
04-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Wasn't the ideal time to bring Veron on for his first appearance in six months. I'm a big fan of his, but 4 central midfielders on the pitch at once is a bad idea.

I would say the problem lay mostly with Desailly unsettling everyone at the back by being off the pace and a bit shit.

Dazz
04-20-2004, 07:12 PM
I agree about Desially, he has been rubbish for the past 12 months now. Huth was in charge of the defence against Everton, and Desially just is off the pace now.

Veron came on as a sub against Middlesborough last week, and he was our best midfilder in the 25 minutes he was on. It is his second appearence since injury.

04-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Oh dear. Well, Chelsea have made a meal of that one then. In any case, after the quarters I called Porto to win and I'm sticking with them.

Dazz
04-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah well, I could ALMOST garuntee that Monaco spend the whole game at Stamford Bridge time wasting. I really don't fancy our chances now.

I think that Monaco will win it.