PDA

View Full Version : why did everyone b!tch about this?

Boss007
03-27-2004, 05:38 PM
people on this board moaned and groaned about a bradshaw singles push but i mean COME ON, that was textbook perfect heel promo on SD. what could you have asked for? changed name, attire, persona, character, mic time, catchphrase. IMPACT PLAYER is what he is FOR SURE! perfect heel for SD. heck, i'm vene contemplating buying his book that he pitched. :rant:

The Naitch
03-27-2004, 05:41 PM
i totally agree with you.

Funky Fly
03-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Granted the gimmick is good, but the wrestler is crap.

El Santo
03-27-2004, 05:44 PM
people on this board moaned and groaned about a bradshaw singles push but i mean COME ON, that was textbook perfect heel promo on SD. what could you have asked for? changed name, attire, persona, character, mic time, catchphrase. IMPACT PLAYER is what he is FOR SURE! perfect heel for SD. heck, i'm vene contemplating buying his book that he pitched. :rant:

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8646

You did read the above thread, right? Quite a few people liked it.

OssMan
03-27-2004, 05:53 PM
why did you put a "!" in bitch?

Loose Cannon
03-27-2004, 05:59 PM
People Bitched BEFORE they saw the show and they had every right to knowing that Bradshaw as a singles never worked before. But after they saw the show, and you could see in the thread El Santo has up there, people liked the character.

The Naitch
03-27-2004, 06:01 PM
why did you put a "!" in bitch?

he's doing an exclamation gimmick. He thinks it will make him an impact player on these boards

Wondermouse
03-27-2004, 06:10 PM
People bitched about it, because half the WWE roster can sleep through better matches than Bradshaw can put on.

Stickman
03-27-2004, 06:38 PM
A good gimmick can make a wrestler. This may work for him.

loopydate
03-27-2004, 07:06 PM
A good gimmick can make a wrestler. This may work for him.

That is true sometimes.

Look at early-'90s Mark Callaway. A good gimmick made his shit ring work bearable.

PureHatred
03-27-2004, 07:09 PM
good gimmick. bad wrestler. and at his age, Bradshaw ain't gettin' any better.

Kane Knight
03-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah, everyone bitched about it. :|

Do a little bit of investigation before you open your mouth. :p

HHHsucks929
03-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I know Bradshaw is no Rock when it comes to cutting promos, but what the hell can The Rock do in the ring? Some of the rgeatest of all time weren't great in the ring at all.

Rock Bottom
03-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Heh, I didn't see anyone really bitching at all. And lol @ what can The Rock do in the ring. Why is The Rock being used in the same sentence as Bradshaw? Rock's matches are high-energy and high-strung, and fans get into them. That's what The Rock can do in the ring.

The CyNick
03-27-2004, 10:21 PM
I pride myslef of being one of Bradshaw's biggest haters but even I thought the promo and gimmick change was well done.

As everyone else has pointed out, its tough to get past the fact that its still Bradshaw getting the push. Everyone knows he's not that awesome in the ring, so its probably going to be bad.

Then again a lot of guys who are mediocre in the ring have made entertaining main eventers, so who knows?

Kane Knight
03-27-2004, 10:22 PM
the likelyhood that I'll EVER be a Bradshaw fan are slim, but I was still impressed by Thursday.

YOUR Hero
03-28-2004, 12:05 AM
I missed it. What's his new gimmick, and whatnot

BasicThuganomics
03-28-2004, 01:15 AM

He's pointing out that he's a respected financial analyst and shit like that. How he's conquered the business world and the only thing that he hasn't conquered is the wrestling world. Before he liked to drink beer and have fun, but now he wants to make an impact and shit like that. People have compared him to a modern day IRS sorta, but he's definately different than that. His promo was really good and he did a great job of explaining his character and getting heat from the crowd. Oh and I think he might be going by his actual name now, John Layfeild I think? And of course at the end of Smackdown he attacked Eddie during the match and gave him the Clothesline from Hell. Hopefully this is just a mini fued on TV until the next Smackdown PPV, and that afterwards he will take a Holly route back to the midcard.

And honestly by the way, i've always been somewhat entertained by Bradshaw, as long as he stayed in the midcard that is...

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 01:33 AM
He's playing a redneck stock market analyst with a new book and radio show to promote.

John la Rock
03-28-2004, 02:00 AM
I guess your a Hardcore Holly fan too

BasicThuganomics
03-28-2004, 02:45 AM
I guess your a Hardcore Holly fan too
Me? HELL NO! Holly is a ****ing dick and sucks ass, I wish he would never be on WWE TV again.

Bradshaw at least knows how to cut promo's and has shown himself to have some charisma at times...

But Holly just plain sucks IMO

Corkscrewed
03-28-2004, 03:20 AM
I definitely complained when I read the spoilers, and I thought it would be terrible. He proved me wrong. I'm convinced Bradshaw is just going to get a mini main event push just to get him over and establish his gimmick solidly before he returns to the midcard. It's definitely a good move on the writers' part and it made the best out of the situation, with Farooq getting fired, thus leaving Bradshaw alone.

HHHsucks929
03-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Heh, I didn't see anyone really bitching at all. And lol @ what can The Rock do in the ring. Why is The Rock being used in the same sentence as Bradshaw? Rock's matches are high-energy and high-strung, and fans get into them. That's what The Rock can do in the ring.

Yeah and he knows five moves and they got old. It's not impossible for fans to get into a Bradshaw match, and it doesn't hurt with a guy like Eddie Guerrero carrying you and making you look better than you really are. I can see you're a huge Rock fan with your username, so sorry if I offended you.

SeanMC
03-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah and he knows five moves and they got old. It's not impossible for fans to get into a Bradshaw match, and it doesn't hurt with a guy like Eddie Guerrero carrying you and making you look better than you really are. I can see you're a huge Rock fan with your username, so sorry if I offended you.

Im not a huge rock fan myself but even i can say his matches are much far better than Bradshaws are.I think its stupid to even compare the rock to bradshaw, why did you single the rock out anyway?You say rock only knows 5 moves that get old, well name me 5 that bradshaw uses in a match then, bet you can't!

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 02:17 PM
:lol: Yeah, because Bradshaw's every bit the showman the Rock is...:|

BasicThuganomics
03-28-2004, 02:24 PM

Rock has proven before that he is capable of putting on great matches. He can go head to head with anyone and easily keep up. He is an excellent showmen in the ring and has really good psychology in his matches most of the time. Rock has list of good matches that prove he is more than capable of performing more than 5 moves. Rock vs Austin have all been good, Vs Hogan was a classic and Rock even got an entertaining match out of Goldberg last year I thought. He's had ladder, steel cage matches, an Iron Man Match, with HHH that have been good. While Rock isn't a Benoit in the ring, he has shown time and time again that he can put on good matches that a crowd will get into just about whenever he wants. Not to mention that he can outperform anybody on the roster with a mic in his hand.

Face Heely
03-28-2004, 02:31 PM
D'ya think they're gonna bother to change his finisher? Or, at least, the name of his finisher? I was thoroughly enjoying the new character until I heard "Clothesline from hell!" and went right back to thinking about his old, stale gimmick.

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 02:37 PM
They'll change his finisher...And while they're at it, they'll teach him to wrestle...:shifty:

HHHsucks929
03-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Everybody's missing my point. My point is that you don't have to be the best wrestler in the world to get over and be a good main eventer. Of course Bradshaw isn't even close to the Rock when it comes to showmanship, I said that before. If you don't think it's at all possible for Bradshaw to put on a good matchg with Eddie Guerrero then oh well, that's your opinion. But for now, I apologize I'm gonna stay interested with Bradshaw's push.

Rock Bottom
03-28-2004, 03:09 PM

Heh, I'm not offended, I just think your comparison is highly retarded and poorly thought out. The Rock could go out to the ring and take a sh</>it, and that would be more over and entertaining than a Bradshaw match. (as we've seen him before, anyway) Everyone always likes to defend other wrestlers by going "LOOK AT TEH ROK, ROK ONLY HAS 5 MOVES!" But that doesn't quite work because The Rock is probably the biggest draw of all times, and is without a doubt the best micworker. Just because The Rock doesn't have a big moveset doesn't mean he can't work a match. People get into his matches. He can keep up, and he has remarkable endurance.

Anyway, you're better off comparing Bradshaw to someone with a little bit less credentials than The Rock.

Rock Bottom
03-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Everybody's missing my point. My point is that you don't have to be the best wrestler in the world to get over and be a good main eventer. Of course Bradshaw isn't even close to the Rock when it comes to showmanship, I said that before. If you don't think it's at all possible for Bradshaw to put on a good matchg with Eddie Guerrero then oh well, that's your opinion. But for now, I apologize I'm gonna stay interested with Bradshaw's push.

Who said it wasn't possible? Seriously, quote someone, because chances are you're imagining things heh.

BasicThuganomics
03-28-2004, 03:16 PM

Ok you did a poor job of getting your point across, but I understand what you were trying to say. Sorry for the rant of me defending the Rock. I've said before that I've always sorta enjoyed Bradshaw. And I am also interested in his new character, I look forward to seeing how it progresses as well. If you're trying to argue that Bradshaw will probably have an entertaining match with Eddie then I agree with you. Eddie can carry people to watchable matches.

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 03:17 PM
If Bradshaw had even 1/10 the showmanship or charisma of the Rock, that'd be a different story.

Of course, that would be heavily presumptuous inasmuch as the Rock's better in-ring too.

So basically, if Rock's moveset was quite as limited as Bradshaw's (Rock has about as many FINISHERS as Bradshaw has moves), if Bradshaw had more Charisma, more showmanship, and more in-ring ability, then your point'd be valid in terms of Bradshaw.

I liked what happened on Smackdown, but one show is hardly an indication of a good push. After all, look at how the Katie Vick thing or HLA ended up.

At best, I still don't want to see Bradshaw pushed on a Main Event level. Wouldn't mind seeing him as a solid midcard Heel, but that's about it.

HHHsucks929
03-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Man... If I had come to these boards three years ago and said what I thought of The Rock I would've been crucified!

BasicThuganomics
03-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Well when you make stupid comparisons between the Rock and Bradshaw, then people bitch at you, get used to it.

HHHsucks929
03-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Okjay, I guess I'll be prepared for everyone to bitch at me when they don't understand my point. Thanks for admitting you were being a bitch.

Mister Sinister
03-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Okjay, I guess I'll be prepared for everyone to bitch at me when they don't understand my point. Thanks for admitting you were being a bitch.

No, We understand your point alright, But my freaking Gawd, It's one Promo...One Promo, Don't have your orgasism about Bradshaw Glimmick being a success until we see it play out a little bit, because this is the WWE we're talking about...

BasicThuganomics
03-28-2004, 06:15 PM

As long as you admit you were being dumbass I don't care...

Rock Bottom
03-28-2004, 06:16 PM
I've liked The Rock ever since he was Rocky Maivia with the pink tights, and the big untamed afro coming out of his head. Never stopped. :)

But that isn't necessarily why I 'bitched,' if ya wanna call it that. Alot of people have said Rock only has five moves, or something similar. But like... Bradshaw? :nono:

Mister Sinister
03-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Counts....

Clothline from Hell....Big Boot....Fallaway Slam....Powerbomb....Wow That's Bradshaw Movelist....Four, Count'Em Four Moves!

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 06:21 PM
It's not that we don't get your point, it's just that the point is shit and uses a horrible example.

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 06:23 PM
And I'm not even really a Rocky fan.

I do respect that he's a good worker, but I'm not overly a fan of his.

HHHsucks929
03-28-2004, 06:26 PM
It's not that we don't get your point, it's just that the point is shit and uses a horrible example.

My point is that some of the greatest of all time weren't great wrestlers. I could see the horrible example, but why is that such a horrible point?

Rock Bottom
03-28-2004, 06:26 PM
And I'm not even really a Rocky fan.

I do respect that he's a good worker, but I'm not overly a fan of his.

I guess you like Hardcore Holly then...

Rock Bottom
03-28-2004, 06:27 PM
df,bgkjdsroiguherogiuerog Did you just say greatest of all time in reference to Bradshaw's defense!?

Now I am going to bitch!

BasicThuganomics
03-28-2004, 06:28 PM
My point is that some of the greatest of all time weren't great wrestlers. I could see the horrible example, but why is that such a horrible point?

Part of haveing a good point, is being able to do a job of expelinging or proving your point. You didn't in this case...

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 06:32 PM
You followed up by using Rocky in a comparison with Bradshaw.

If you cannot illustrate your own point adequately, then how can you defend it as a good point, and how could you ride other people for not "getting it?"

Rock Bottom
03-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Seriously KK, who DO you like, everyone I've heard you talk about is like, "I am not too much a fan of them but I respect their work." Besides people you blatently say suck. I'm not asking this to say you should like The Rock or anything, I am just curious as to who it is that gets KK's cheers or whatever.

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Billy Gunn. :shifty:

Rock Bottom
03-28-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm not trying to be an ass or anything lol, don't get that question wrong, it has just eluded me if you've ever mentioned "Hey, I really like this wrestler."

Rock Bottom
03-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Billy Gunn. :shifty:

BLEH, I am genuinely curious, be serious :-\

Unless you are...

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Anyways, jsu t for you, I'll run down a list of people, using wwe.com as a ref point.

Al Snow (Not really wrestling, but he's there)
Benoit
Jericho
Christian
Edge
Storm
Hardy
Maven (sorta)
Mick
Molly Holly
Orton (I think he still needs some work)
HBK
Shelton
Richards
Tajiri
Hurricane

Smackdown:

Booker (though he's been kinda misused on WWE TV)
Hass
Doug and Danny (even though they need personailites)
Eddie
Cena
Angle
Rey Rey
RVD
O'Haire (Even if he was released :| )
Shannon Moore
Tazzzzzz (even if he's not really wrestling)
Ultimo

Rock Bottom
03-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Good list. And LoL at "Hardy," by saying Hardy, you insinuate that Matt Hardy is the only Hardy, and that Jeff doesn't count. That is very good.

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Jeff blows ass. Hopefully, everyone knows I mean V-1AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Kane Knight
03-28-2004, 07:03 PM
It's kinda weird. My lists are about even, with I think a slight edge to the Raw side.

However, more of my top guys are on SD still. Most Notably, Eddie, Kurt, and Cena. the most notable exceptions are the two Chrises. Jericho and Benoit both fu</>cking rock.

gotmilkfunb
03-29-2004, 08:10 AM
:( Bradshaw...Main event...... HOLY CRAP! This is Crazy! God damn people, it's Bradshaw for ****'s sake. Man.... Im really missing the Attitude era right about now....

The Naitch
03-29-2004, 02:16 PM
HHHsucks929

^^^ Just ignore him. He doesn't know jack.

SuperSlim
03-29-2004, 02:25 PM
aight I guess I should spill my tw cents on this matter...

Bradshaw in main event... the first time they tried it it was a completly pathetic. It sucked majorly.

Now they plan on pushin him again... Sure the gimmick can look good but every gimmick works for each person.

Cena has the right look for the hip hop, Big Show has the right look for... bein the Big Show, and so forth.

Bradshaw doesn't have the skill to be an impact player and that is the main thing. An impact player has to be able to do more then one crappy clothesline, a fallaway slam, a powerbomb, and that other more... big boot. An impact player needs to at least be able to talk it, walk it, make you tap and everything... Impact player needs to have the whole package. Bradshaw simply does not have it... This push I doubt will suck as bad as his first one but this one willl suck in the end and the WWE will be kickin themselves in the end for considering tryin this.

HHHsucks929
03-29-2004, 02:48 PM
HHHsucks929

^^^ Just ignore him. He doesn't know jack.

Lol, whatever. Because you don't agree with me on one thing I don't know jack. No need to be assholes here, sorry I didn't know whow touchy everyone is about The Rock.

The Naitch
03-29-2004, 03:50 PM
yeah. I agree, Rock's matches put the fans to sleep and they are piss break material. And the reason why fans go nuts is because of the hidden "applause" sign. I fell asleep during his match with Austin at X7. Yawn..

Corkscrewed
03-29-2004, 03:58 PM
O'Haire (Even if he was released )

You BETTER have been sarcastic.

The Naitch
03-29-2004, 04:07 PM
was O'Haire released?

HHHsucks929
03-29-2004, 08:03 PM
yeah. I agree, Rock's matches put the fans to sleep and they are piss break material. And the reason why fans go nuts is because of the hidden "applause" sign. I fell asleep during his match with Austin at X7. Yawn..

:rofl: I knew I wasn't crazy when I said I didn't get my point across to everyone clearly enough. That's not at all what I was saying. This remark fell about 100 yards from being anything close to an insult to me.

My point wasn't that The Rock was bad. My point is that Bradshaw can be capable of putting on an entertaining match with someone like Eddie Guerrero if he can get over, and he doesn't need to be the greatest wrestler because some of the greatest entertainers of all time weren't the greatest wrestlers *COUGH*Hulk Hogan*COUGH*Ultimate Warrior*COUGH*. And I think he can, but I guess everyone disagrees with me.

SuperSlim
03-29-2004, 08:16 PM
:rofl: I knew I wasn't crazy when I said I didn't get my point across to everyone clearly enough. That's not at all what I was saying. This remark fell about 100 yards from being anything close to an insult to me.

My point wasn't that The Rock was bad. My point is that Bradshaw can be capable of putting on an entertaining match with someone like Eddie Guerrero if he can get over, and he doesn't need to be the greatest wrestler because some of the greatest entertainers of all time weren't the greatest wrestlers *COUGH*Hulk Hogan*COUGH*Ultimate Warrior*COUGH*. And I think he can, but I guess everyone disagrees with me.

aight I'm bored enough... so bored that I'm actually gonna work with this :wtf:

I don't care what your point was at first so I'll just skip to your slightly meaty second paragraph.

The chances of Bradshaw putting on an entertaining match... we have a better chance of Spike Dudley pinnin HHH cleanly for the World Title then Bradshaw putting on an entertaining match. It does not matter who you put the guy in the ring with. The guy has more than a limited movelist. I mean Big Show has more moves he can do than Bradshaw. Bradshaw has 4 moves that he can make look anywhere tween decent to aight. 4 moves are not going to carry a good match.

Eddie can help a lot of the people with some talent to a entertaining match but Bradshaw is a hopeless case. It woulda helped is Bradshaw had some technics in his matches. A couple of submission holds but he has none. NONE! Just that big boot, clothesline, fallaway slam, and crap can't remember... powerbomb. If those four moves are going to help someone to an entertaining match, then man alive anybody can have an entertaining match. You can move slower than frozen molasses on the coldest winter night you can think of, do those four moves against someone that knows a good deal of stuff like Eddie and create an entertaining match? :nono: that ain't happenin.

And about your last comment bout Warrior and Hogan... the only problem is the time frame. Back then it was all about marks... we were marks back then... we didn't care that they couldn't wrestle worth a piece of smelly crap. Just as long as they won we were happy. Guess what? The smarks grew up :eek: ! I would be surprised too. That is why they have guys like Angle, Benoit, Jericho in the ring for us. Although Angle isn't currently wrestling but may throw down a few more here and there. We aren't marks... we want an actual match. A match with moves. A match with some technics in it. Something with interest. Bradshaw can't deliver that. Now back in the 80s he woulda been good. He woulda been better than good cause he could do more than Warrior and Hogan combined. But in these times Hogan and Warrior wouldn't be as good. That's not what we want. And that is why using Hogan and Warrior in the argument was not a good idea :nono: .

Bottom line is, Bradshaw is not mainevent material and he will not be main event material.