PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham City

Pages : [1] 2

Drakul
12-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Kotaku's Michael McWhertor is in L.A. for tonight's video game awards, where Mark Hamill told him he was asked to do a trailer for a sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum. Update: Looks like that game has been announced.

That really didn't take long. The show opened with the announcement of Batman: Arkham Asylum 2. A url for the game: Arkhamhasmoved.com (http://Arkhamhasmoved.com) was given, but as of 6 p.m. Mountain Time I was still getting 404 errors for it.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5425116/from-the-vgas-mark-hamill-hints-at-arkham-2-[updated]

Cool. I had the 1st one but didn't finish it. I enjoyed what I did play of the 1st, so hopefully AA2 will be even better.

Indifferent Clox
12-12-2009, 10:56 PM
yeah that looks awesome

Drakul
12-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Announcement trailer:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=59828"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=59828" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

Jon Kano
12-13-2009, 03:22 AM
The guy on the wanted poster - Penguin?

He be he one who grabs the box of Titan at the end of the first game?

Vietnamese Crippler
12-13-2009, 03:26 AM
The ending changes; you can get Scarecrow, Killer Croc, or Bane that grabs the box. Dunno about anyone else beyond those three.

Kalyx triaD
12-13-2009, 06:11 AM
Robin Co-Op... Robin Co-Op... Robin Co-Op... Robin Co-Op... Robin Co-Op...

Chavo Classic
12-13-2009, 07:21 AM
The ending changes; you can get Scarecrow, Killer Croc, or Bane that grabs the box. Dunno about anyone else beyond those three.

Yeah, apparently the ending was random.

UmbrellaCorporation
12-13-2009, 12:12 PM
The guy on the wanted poster - Penguin?

He be he one who grabs the box of Titan at the end of the first game?

Someone said it was Harvey Dent, but I don't see it.

That said...I hope it's Harvey Dent. :D

DaveBrawl
12-14-2009, 08:16 AM
The website it up now.

http://arkhamhasmoved.com/us/

Can't wait for this, hope it is at least as good as the first one.

Disturbed316
12-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Awesome

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 02:56 PM
I hope they do NIghtwing as co op for ps3, Batgirl for computer, and Robin for 360 or some such.

But then again Nightwing is a standalone hero. But they could model it after the series where dark skull or whatever his name was takes over the city and tehy have that huge ass figh at the end. I don't remember what comic it was, been about a year and ahlf since I read it, but pretty sure it was done by Loeb. Might be wrong. WOuld be pretty easy to look up. But I guess I'm gonna be lazy and rep whoever says the name.

ClockShot
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
A nice GTA sized Gotham would be a dream come true. All the bat vehicles and double the big name villians.

Think of the possibilities!

The Destroyer
12-14-2009, 03:10 PM
I hope they do NIghtwing as co op for ps3, Batgirl for computer, and Robin for 360 or some such.

But then again Nightwing is a standalone hero. But they could model it after the series where dark skull or whatever his name was takes over the city and tehy have that huge ass figh at the end. I don't remember what comic it was, been about a year and ahlf since I read it, but pretty sure it was done by Loeb. Might be wrong. WOuld be pretty easy to look up. But I guess I'm gonna be lazy and rep whoever says the name.
Black Mask.

And I assume you mean War Games.

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2009, 03:15 PM

'Fucking awesome to have Nightwing. If there's co-op it'll most likely be Tim, though. A choice between Tim, Dick, and Rachael would be nerdgasm.

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 03:25 PM
GTA size would be fucking fantastic. It should obv. contain a morality meter similiar to Infamous , so you can't just go around kiling civillians and stealing their cars or the police and city would turn against you. It would def. need to make that a negative thing that limits you, and is a hard stigma to get rid of, unless you do it secretly and hide your tracks so people don't know who did it.

Haven't played the first one yet. Getting it this christmas, but doesn't mean I can't hope.

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Once upon a time I was all for an open-world Batman game, but I don't think he fits that kind of genre now. Not in the way Superman or Spider-Man would.

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 03:34 PM
I think he would moreso than either one.

However, he would need to come out at night and have a stamina meter, where he has to go to sleep eventually or something of that nature, not just health. Like he could stay alive, but his attacks got weaker. Plus he'd need to do some things as Bruce Wayne.

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I think he would moreso than either one.

However, he would need to come out at night and have a stamina meter, where he has to go to sleep eventually or something of that nature, not just health. Like he could stay alive, but his attacks got weaker. Plus he'd need to do some things as Bruce Wayne.

lol That's just it. An open world game worth it's salt would have a day/night cycle, and Batman in the day is still an odd visual. Linear narratives fit the Bat. Back when I had ideas for an open world Batman, however, I had some ideas I think you'd like based on your thoughts here. Gonna PM that to you in a bit.

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Why don't we make video games Together Kalyx Triad? I signed up for college today. I'll get a degree in mass communications with a minor in videogame technology or some such, and you can major in writing. We could call our game company Crisis Centre or something.

And ALvarado can be our PR guy.

jcmoorehead
12-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm with Kalyx on this one, the game doesn't need to go open world. A larger area maybe with more to explore but not an open/world sandbox thing like GTA.

Also definitely not in favour of a morality meter, what made Arkham Asylum good is it was true to Batman character, adding functions like that just for the sake of adding them would take away from that.

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Why don't we make video games Together Kalyx Triad? I signed up for college today. I'll get a degree in mass communications with a minor in videogame technology or some such, and you can major in writing. We could call our game company Crisis Centre or something.

And ALvarado can be our PR guy.

lol How about we keep in touch (pretty much as it is now) and we talk about you joining my team (R-Tyme). A development team called Crisis Centre would be so boss, but we've had the name for a while already. But again, this sort of thing is better spoken in PMs.

Where do you go to college? I never had a choice to have Videogame Tech as a minor! I was a Mass Comm. major years ago, and I plan on finishing it after I get the Criminal Justice thing out of the way.

Mr. C
12-14-2009, 04:07 PM
A nice GTA sized Gotham would be a dream come true. All the bat vehicles and double the big name villians.

Think of the possibilities!

I’ve been waiting for the announcement since I finished the first one, but I’m hoping for a GTA-style Gotham City.

Give me Riddler, and I’m set. The only two others I can think of that would be worth anything are Mr. Freeze and Catwoman as a tweener.

I hope the game starts with Two Face’s robbery from the end of the first game and would bet the robbery is nothing more than a distraction to get Batman to Gotham, so that Two-Face can bust Joker from Arkham. I wouldn’t be shocked if Bane returns, given the ending.

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't mean add a morality meter, i mean add punishments for not acting in charecter, I.E. acting like batman. sure you can go kill everyone, but there will be extreme consequences that are in no way beneficial

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2009, 09:34 PM
DC wouldn't allow that, though.

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Marvel let that wolverine game be rated M, why not?

PapaGeorgio
12-14-2009, 09:47 PM
I wouldn’t be shocked if Bane returns, given the ending.

Note and spoilers: There were 3 different endings, all with a different hand coming. Killer Croc, Bane and forget the third but it has been mentioned.

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Marvel let that wolverine game be rated M, why not?

Wolverine's a fucking killing machine, that game was pretty much par for the course for fans of Logan's comic antics.

Batman just doesn't kill. Period.

What you can do to compromise is have a system similar to the Punisher game (and the upcoming Splinter Cell Conviction) where you can brutally interrogate criminals. The worst you could do is maybe break a limb, which would give you flak from Jim Gordon So the mini-game would be trying to see what a criminal's pain threshold is for new information - without knowing if he has the information at all. So there could be this risk reward of dishing pain for info that might not get at all, or you will get after becoming too brutal.

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Exactly! If he kills someone he should either start going crazy or lose some sort of powers each time and have to regain them or something.

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 09:59 PM
or just game over.

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2009, 10:05 PM
No killing, just broken bones and a bad rep from that. lol

And trust me, DC/WB won't have it. This I'm sure of.

Indifferent Clox
12-14-2009, 10:20 PM
how did they handle the fact that you could pretty much do whatever in arkham asylum? did people get up eventually?

Kalyx triaD
12-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Bad guys stayed down after you beat their asses, and at worst you can break their arm with a special move and drop them from high places.

The game still has a high kill count, but like The Dark Knight Batman's got no blood on his hands. You will mark out at how he deals with Bane, though.

Chavo Classic
12-15-2009, 10:48 AM
There's a section of the game where Batman does have to kill a badguy to advance further by using the batarang to cut down one of Joker's guys hanging from the ceiling in the Medical Facility, causing him to fall through the ceiling, which then allows access to the controls for the vents to clear gas from the room

I get the feeling a GTA sized map would require a lot of disk space and there might need to be a compromise on quality and depth. The reason I loved AA so much was the attention and atmosphere across the whole environment. Attention was paid to almost every hallway, which is not something they could do with a larger map.

Kalyx triaD
12-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Batman notes that "he has to save him before he dies" or whatever. They addressed it.

BigDaddyCool
12-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Kalyx is a big lady on his period.

BigDaddyCool
12-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Kylax giving me neg reps just proves he is a big lady on his period.

Side note, this game does interest me still.

Kalyx triaD
12-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Note: The guy complaining about red dots is calling somebody "a big lady".

LAters

Verbose Minch
12-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Kylax giving me neg reps just proves he is a big lady on his period.

Side note, this game does interest me still.

You're such a hypocrite. You neg repped me 5 times a day for a while, because I was neg repping you for constantly being a shitty poster. How do you suck so much?

People were discussing how Batman doesn't kill, then somebody mentioned that he killed somebody by dropping that guy through the roof. Kalyx turned around and said that he tried to save him. You're just being a cunt, like usual.

Soda Popinski
12-16-2009, 07:48 AM
lol That's just it. An open world game worth it's salt would have a day/night cycle, and Batman in the day is still an odd visual. Linear narratives fit the Bat. Back when I had ideas for an open world Batman, however, I had some ideas I think you'd like based on your thoughts here. Gonna PM that to you in a bit.

During the day or whatever you could do missions as Bruce Wayne the billionaire. It's as much as who he is as he is also Batman.

Kalyx triaD
12-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Hmm...

Let's just say playing as Clark Kent would make more sense than playing as Bruce. Historically Batman notes that Bruce is the mask, doing good but ultimately a boring facet of his life. He nearly quit being Bruce Wayne on two serious occasions.

Although, mini-games based on philanthropy would be interesting. Especially if your dealings as Bruce Wayne affect Gotham's night life (say, donating money to a certain area will decrease crime, but raise it in another area).

BigDaddyCool
12-16-2009, 01:09 PM
You're such a hypocrite. You neg repped me 5 times a day for a while, because I was neg repping you for constantly being a shitty poster. How do you suck so much?

People were discussing how Batman doesn't kill, then somebody mentioned that he killed somebody by dropping that guy through the roof. Kalyx turned around and said that he tried to save him. You're just being a cunt, like usual.

No, I was calling Kylax a big lady on his period despite the conversation.

BigDaddyCool
12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Is there going to be more crawling around silently in air vents? I like the Batman AA, but it is kind of funny thinking a 230 lbs man wearing armour and loaded up with gadgets so he is probably closer to 250 can safely climb around in a 100 year old ventilation system without crashing through. On top of that being quiet in there while dragging that cape behind him.

DaveBrawl
12-16-2009, 01:15 PM
High quality vents. :shifty:

Besides if I can swing between the same gargoyles 5 or 6 times and cause the bad guys to forget about me, then they are too dumb to wonder what that noise in the vents is.

RoXer
12-16-2009, 01:16 PM
There were way too many vents

BigDaddyCool
12-16-2009, 01:25 PM
High quality vents. :shifty:

Besides if I can swing between the same gargoyles 5 or 6 times and cause the bad guys to forget about me, then they are too dumb to wonder what that noise in the vents is.

Not to mention they would never look up

DaveBrawl
12-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Or when you tied them up they seldom heard each other scream until they were close bye.

Skippord
12-17-2009, 12:05 AM
so is the first one worth buying?

Vietnamese Crippler
12-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Yes

DaveBrawl
12-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Definately.

Impact!
12-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Buy it skip

Skippord
12-17-2009, 09:27 AM
think we just found my christmas present then

BigDaddyCool
12-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Yeah, the game is worth it, but you can't help but be amazed at how dumb the guys are.

Skippord
12-17-2009, 09:37 AM
I know I played the demo last night and I was like uh what the hell are these guys doing

BigDaddyCool
12-17-2009, 09:48 AM
I know I played the demo last night and I was like uh what the hell are these guys doing

I mean I know it is a game, but how dumb are they to not look up. You are fighting a guy named batman, it doesn't take a bat biologist to tell you bats fly, so this guy is going to try to come at you from the ceiling.

Kalyx triaD
12-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Their stupidity is intentional. Nobody wants 'human' enemies in single player, no matter how much they think they do. Reference CoD4's infamous difficult sections where one false move means a bullet to the head. Lord forbid the badguys shoot as well as the human player, huh?

Advanced and life-like AI is great, but nobody really wants the comp to go balls out and use common sense - that would be a terror. And BTW, the goons in AA do look up if you miss a batarang or hang around after a take-down. On Hard Mode anyway.

Verbose Minch
12-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Their stupidity is intentional. Nobody wants 'human' enemies in single player, no matter how much they think they do. Reference CoD4's infamous difficult sections where one false move means a bullet to the head. Lord forbid the badguys shoot as well as the human player, huh?

Advanced and life-like AI is great, but nobody really wants the comp to go balls out and use common sense - that would be a terror. And BTW, the goons in AA do look up if you miss a batarang or hang around after a take-down. On Hard Mode anyway.

Truth.

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 11:05 AM

They do that on easy mode too. Also thanks for explaining it to all of us like we are idiot, captain obvious. Are you going to explain to us why the sky is blue or we need oxygen to breath as well?

We all fucking know that if they guys could look up and where not retarded the game wouldn't be fun. If the cape made a dragging sound when he was crawling around, then it would ruin half the game. If batman actaully tired like a normal human being he would never have gotten through the first challenge. We know that. Doesn't mean we can't bitch about it. Fuck tard.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Actually yeah, you should stop bitching if you know better. And I'm entirely unconvinced you did anyway. But I'll allow you to save face, this being so trivial a subject.

*sips tea*

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 11:26 AM
:roll: You over explain everything, how many times have I told you to stop before?

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 11:50 AM
"Always Serious Business" <<<

Get over it or stop reading. :)

Kane Knight
12-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Robin Co-Op... Robin Co-Op... Robin Co-Op... Robin Co-Op... Robin Co-Op...

Ghey.

Why don't we make video games Together Kalyx Triad?

Please do. I would pay good money to see you fuckers get that reality check.

Batman just doesn't kill. Period.
Retcon, or....?

I think the T rating on MKvDC would be a better indicator.

People usually complain because those characters aren't so much realistic as they are capable of sniping you at 100 meters with a 9mm pistol if you expose yourself for half a second. I don't think many people actually tend to complain that AI in stealth games actually requires stealth and a modicum of intelligence.

I also think it's retarded of you to act like there's no middle ground between the dumb as shit mooks from Batman and the 1337ness of the "impossible" COD scenes.

Which is funny, from a guy with all these game ideas. Apparently, they stop short of any real free thought or creativity.

Anyway, I'll let BDC get back to mocking you for Noiding shit up.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about here.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm not even saying that in jest or as a 'defensive response', I'm just saying I'm particularly versed in this area and you either took phrases out of context or didn't fully understand my points. I say this respectfully, have a good day.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 12:33 PM
And Robin co-op would be the shit!

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Kalyx, serious question, not mocking you at all. Have you been tested for autism?

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 12:38 PM

I'm not even saying that in jest or as a 'defensive response', I'm just saying I'm particularly versed in this area and you either took phrases out of context or didn't fully understand my points. I say this respectfully, have a good day.

:roll:

We are talking about video games, not theoretical physics. Everyone on this board has an equaly valid opinion on video games. And 90% of the board has enough experience with game to understand the finer points.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Kalyx, serious question, not mocking you at all. Have you been tested for autism?

Probably Asperger’s seriously speaking.

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Called it.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 12:39 PM
We are talking about video games, not theoretical physics.

As if...

Kane Knight
12-18-2009, 12:53 PM

It's an nice dodge, but it lacks any substance. Any moron can say "you don't know what you're talking about" in an attempt to sound authoratative.

I mean, I understand you don't like people bursting your bubble, but you have significantly less insight into gaming than most of the people here. You're an authority only in the sense BDC's an authority on space travel because he likes Star Trek, I'm a detective because I like pulp and noir books, or Kano's a sexual guru because he once saw a chick naked.

Called it.

And you're not alone.

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 12:55 PM
I know a bit about space travel...

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 12:59 PM
...but you have significantly less insight into gaming than most of the people here.

Probably the greatest line imaginable coming from your mouth, on this subject, to me.

It's totally sig'd and I bid you adieu.

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah...

Skippord
12-18-2009, 01:06 PM
is there anything you people don't argue about?

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 01:07 PM
This is a discussion forum, not an agreement forum.

Kane Knight
12-18-2009, 01:21 PM
is there anything you people don't argue about?
Yeah, sometimes we randomly come in and bitch about what other people do....

jcmoorehead
12-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Probably the greatest line imaginable coming from your mouth, on this subject, to me.

I actually studied Games Artificial Intelligence for a year at my University and actually having realistic Artificial Intelligence within a gaming environment is something that is being persued and is something a lot of people do actually want.

If you take a look at the way Artificial Intelligence has developed in gaming over the past few years you actually see a trend towards it becoming more realistic, of course it's still quite a way off but they are making progress. Look at the jump from something like Goldeneye to FEAR. The 'AI' within Goldeneye was good for the time but it was just on a set path, run out, find cover, pop up from cover, shoot, pop back down. FEAR introduced the idea of having the enemy NPCs feel threatened, they'd sense when near a grenade or when the crosshair was on them and react differently.

You also have AI working in teams to outflank a lone player character in games now and showing signs of more 'intelligence'

Of course its not fully realistic to a human standard nor will it be for a long time but as said there is the desire there to make it more realistic.

Kane Knight
12-18-2009, 01:25 PM

So....You got nothing, so you're trying to be inflammatory. Gotcha.

Kane Knight
12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
I actually studied Games Artificial Intelligence for a year at my University and actually having realistic Artificial Intelligence within a gaming environment is something that is being persued and is something a lot of people do actually want.

If you take a look at the way Artificial Intelligence has developed in gaming over the past few years you actually see a trend towards it becoming more realistic, of course it's still quite a way off but they are making progress. Look at the jump from something like Goldeneye to FEAR. The 'AI' within Goldeneye was good for the time but it was just on a set path, run out, find cover, pop up from cover, shoot, pop back down. FEAR introduced the idea of having the enemy NPCs feel threatened, they'd sense when near a grenade or when the crosshair was on them and react differently.

You also have AI working in teams to outflank a lone player character in games now and showing signs of more 'intelligence'

Of course its not fully realistic to a human standard nor will it be for a long time but as said there is the desire there to make it more realistic.
Your puny studies cannot match the knowledge of a guy who writes fanfic based on fighting games!

RoXer
12-18-2009, 01:33 PM
*sips tea*

I say this respectfully, have a good day.

I bid you adieu.

LAters

stfu

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 01:37 PM
So....You got nothing, so you're trying to be inflammatory. Gotcha.

What do you want me to say? You wanna argue this AI thing with me? Really? Okay, but let's be contextual:

- BDC in his infinite awesome makes comments about how stupid Joker's goons are.
- I remark that nobody wants enemies to employ common sense in games.
- You say there's a difference between rock stupid and broken difficulty.

Not. The. Argument.

The common sense I was referring to is the sort where Joker would simply tell every goon on his payroll to flood the section of Arkham island Batman was last seen in, all reminded to look up at the gargoyles, with those rifles in hand.

End of game. Not fun.

Smarter enemies are awesome, but I was noting that people wouldn't want utterly realistic reactions to your avatar's in-game actions.

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 01:40 PM
You are still missing it kylax.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 01:40 PM
You are still missing it kylax.

Explain it to me.

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 01:42 PM
I shouldn't have to and I already did. Everyone knows what you are saying. We don't was smart bad guy, but at the same time these bad guys are completely retarded.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Everyone on this board has an equaly valid opinion on video games. And 90% of the board has enough experience with game to understand the finer points.

And let me get back on this.

That I am somebody who devalues other's opinion is poppycock. If I feel you're wrong or whatever I'm gonna respond - that doesn't mean I rather you shut up or your opinion doesn't matter. This is also pretty wacky considering my own opinions are often devalued and invalidated - even here in this very thread. I mean, what would a "fighting game fanfic writer" know?

I celebrate that you fuckers know about this shit, how many of my threads invite people to join in and discuss ideas? And if debate rises from that, good. This isn't a circle jerk, ideas are worthless if not shared and debated even vehemently.

But to be safe, if I do come off as someone who discredits or devalues opinion, I'm sorry.

"More after the jump."

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2009, 01:57 PM
I shouldn't have to and I already did. Everyone knows what you are saying. We don't was smart bad guy, but at the same time these bad guys are completely retarded.

Okay...

I mean I know it is a game, but how dumb are they to not look up. You are fighting a guy named batman, it doesn't take a bat biologist to tell you bats fly, so this guy is going to try to come at you from the ceiling.

What I got from here is that you want these guys to have some common sense. I certainly would look up if I'm hunting a guy like Batman. But I said this lack of common sense was intentional, and they get more on a harder difficulty.

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Kylax, way to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

jcmoorehead
12-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Not really relevant but one way in which Artificial Intelligence fails because 'Agents' can't really have 'Common Sense' as it is. With this I can see both sides. What BDC says is quite valid, the enemies should at least look up every so often to try to find Batman, it makes sense because as said they're looking for Batman. So how about a tension meter or setting the 'Agents' have within them.

When patrolling they don't look up often, this is a default setting for them. If alerted to Batmans presence then they look up at the rafters/gargoyles occasionally. Not enough for them to find you straight away but just enough to actually keep the player on their toes as it were.

Of course if the 'Agents' actually know Batman is there they'll look up and inspect everyone until they're certain Batman isn't there. As it is in the game they can see you when you head back to the rafters but after you move between 3-4 they'll loose track of you, so just variations on this.

You already see some examples of 'Agent tension' in the game when you see that as more are picked off they start acting differently and more wildly. You could even have different levels of 'Intelligence' for enemies, dumber henchman wouldn't look up much if at all because these are your really low level goons.

BigDaddyCool
12-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Also, I was mostly mocking the game. I don't want the goons doing through sweeps because then it isn't fun anymore.

Indifferent Clox
12-18-2009, 06:43 PM
GTA4 had all those different variations of cops. I'd like to see varying AI more often. Not necessarily 'mad' intelligent AI.

Maybe on extra hard they could pretty much figure out where you are or something. MGS has some really great AI as well.

G
08-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Batman: Arkham City coming to PC, PS3 and 360 in Fall 2011 (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/05/batman-arkham-city-coming-to-pc-ps3-and-360-in-fall-2011/)

by David Hinkle (http://www.joystiq.com/editor/david-hinkle) http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/writer_rss.gif (http://www.joystiq.com/david-hinkle/rss.xml) (32 minutes ago)
15 (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/05/batman-arkham-city-coming-to-pc-ps3-and-360-in-fall-2011/#comments)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/08/batmanarkhamcity530px.jpg (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/05/batman-arkham-city-coming-to-pc-ps3-and-360-in-fall-2011/)
The sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum (http://www.joystiq.com/game/batman-arkham-asylum) now has an official title -- Batman: Arkham City -- and will launch on PlayStation 3, PC and Xbox 360 in Fall 2011. There go your fears of deleterious franchise annualization! Of course, we might just go mad waiting so long for the follow-up to one of 2009's best games (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/01/joystiqs-top-10-of-2009-batman-arkham-asylum/).

As you may have guessed from a handful of internet domain registrations (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/12/possible-batman-arkham-asylum-sequel-names-dropped-in-domain-reg/), the sequel will take place in "Arkham City", a "heavily fortified" mini-city deep inside Gotham City. Warner Bros. Interactive hasn't offered further details on the game's plot or new features, but a pair of gorgeous Game Informer (http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/08/05/september-cover-revealed-batman-arkham-city.aspx) covers (September issue) hint at a more brutal tone and reveal some of the villains Batman may encounter. You'll spot a very patriotic Two-Face, and a possible romantic interest in Catwoman.

The official Batman: Arkham City website (http://www.batmanarkhamcity.com/) is up now, though it only displays the initial teaser trailer (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/12/batman-arkham-asylum-2-announced-at-the-vgas/) from the VGAs at the moment.

Xero
08-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Can't wait.

Though after this next one I'd like to see a game based entirely on Gotham City. Same engine, but with an incredibly huge GTA-like map.

Kalyx triaD
08-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Woooooooooooooooo

Kalyx triaD
08-05-2010, 02:22 PM
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/180706-arkham-city-batman-arkham-asylum-sequel-named/bat2-1280-noscale.jpghttp://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/180706-arkham-city-batman-arkham-asylum-sequel-named/bat1-1280-noscale.jpg

I think Selina Kyle's in the game.

BigDaddyCool
08-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Those goggles she is wear take away from the cat motif...

Dave Youell
08-05-2010, 02:37 PM
I've got to wait another year for this?

The fuck!

Dave Youell
08-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Also, how is that pic NSFW?

Xero
08-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Because Kylax is worried about people who browse the forums on shitty phones that can't render shit properly.

BigDaddyCool
08-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Because Kylax is bitch

Kalyx triaD
08-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Take it up with RoXy and his not-so-smart phone.

That's what the fuck I get for being considerate. Fuckin A.

RoXer
08-05-2010, 03:37 PM
My phone can handle pictures. But not the 5zillion in that street fighter/tekken thread.

Kalyx triaD
08-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Fuck off.

BigDaddyCool
08-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Kalyx is just like a bitchy woman that buys way to many shoes. So you say, "hey we are a little tight this month, can you hold back on buying shoes?" So she flips out and screams, "Oh, so should I just go bare foot? I can't wear shoes anymore because you had to get and buy a beer so now we are broke? What about my feet, but you don't care...ect."

Yeah that is Kalyx, you ask him not not post a billion pictures so he goes the exact opposite and fags out.

BigDaddyCool
08-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Fuck off.

Proves my point.

Xero
08-05-2010, 03:48 PM
lol

Mr. C
08-05-2010, 04:29 PM
The name is poor. It should be called Batman: Gotham City if anything. Surprised to see them showing art on the cover though. I guess that’s as big a hint as any about who may be aiding Batman in the game.

Either way, I’m officially getting hyped.

Funky Fly
08-05-2010, 04:47 PM
The name is poor. It should be called Batman: Gotham City if anything. Surprised to see them showing art on the cover though. I guess that’s as big a hint as any about who may be aiding Batman in the game.

Either way, I’m officially getting hyped.

the sequel will take place in "Arkham City", a "heavily fortified" mini-city deep inside Gotham City

It's not the entire city. It's a small part of it, more than likely under the control of psychos. The name makes sense when you understand the context.

Mr. C
08-05-2010, 05:06 PM
It's not the entire city. It's a small part of it, more than likely under the control of psychos. The name makes sense when you understand the context.

Well, that's understandable. Still sucks.

DaBrasko
08-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Maybe "Batman: Crime Ally"? That has potential....

Kalyx triaD
08-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Too confinding.

Ermaximus
08-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Really hoping for co-op in this. I don't care whether it's Catwoman or Robin. Game looks badass as fuck though, and I don't even much like Batman, but I'll for sure be getting this.

ClockShot
08-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Got my Game Informer in today and got the second picture as the cover. Read it a little bit and I'm pretty psyched that this will be another home run.

Although, I am kinda curious on how big Arkham City is gonna be.

Jeritron
08-28-2010, 02:01 AM
I'm thrilled that Two Face is going to be in this, but I hope he's a major threat and they do him justice rather than just making him one of Joker's obstacles.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the setup of the first game with the villains serving as stepping stones to Joker, but Harvey Dent is my second favorite Batman rogue and I'd like to see him made a little more important than a Killer Croc or Poison Ivy.

Joker definitely should return though. If anything Joker and Two Face should split duties as the main threat.
As for the other villains from the first game, I wouldn't mind them bringing one or two of them back into the picture, but Batman has such a rich rogues gallery that they really should try to go all new.
Ra's, Mr. Freeze, Hush

There will likely be all new Riddler side challenges, but maybe he will show his face eventually.

Jeritron
08-28-2010, 02:02 AM
I would bet money Solomon Grundy will be in this

dronepool
08-28-2010, 02:50 AM
From the screens in Game Informer the game looks fucking AWESOME.

Hanso Amore
08-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Look at the background of that cover.

See that Uncle Sam like Photo?

PENGUIN

Hanso Amore
08-28-2010, 11:06 AM
I think we can all agree, of all the super heroes, batman has by far the best villians

Fignuts
08-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Dunno, most of them are just guys in suits.

I've always liked spider-man's more.

dronepool
08-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Technically Batman is just a guy in a suit to. So it works. Spider-Man has some really cool villains but I think Batman edges him out. It's actually based on the writer and story, not even the character. A good writer can make any villain amazing.

Skippord
08-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Do the X-Men all count as one hero

because if so I like their villains more

Skippord
08-28-2010, 05:15 PM
if not, Batman's are easily the best

dronepool
08-28-2010, 05:21 PM
X-Men do have some very cool villains.

Juggernaut, Omega Red, Apocalypse, Sabertooth, Mr. Sinister, Magneto, The Purifiers, Mystique... ect

Fignuts
08-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Technically Batman is just a guy in a suit to. So it works. Spider-Man has some really cool villains but I think Batman edges him out. It's actually based on the writer and story, not even the character. A good writer can make any villain amazing.

I meant dress suits.

dronepool
08-28-2010, 08:07 PM
I meant dress suits.

Mostly, yeah but he does have some superhuman foes as well. But I love the imagery of a guy wearing a suit wearing a "themed mask" it looks crazy which is cool.

When Spidey fought Mr. Negatives inner demon goons, they look awesome with suits and demon masks.

Hanso Amore
08-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Maybe not power wise, but the characters and background fucking ROCK.

Especially in the darker times.

Spider mans are bleh. Good powers but shit characters.

Jeritron
08-31-2010, 02:33 AM
I meant dress suits.

Okay? And Spiderman's villains are mostly guys in spandex jumpsuits named after insects or animals.

In any event they have the best two Rogue's galleries.

BigDaddyCool
08-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Anyhow, that guy in the Uncle Sam picture looks more like 2 face than penguin. I could just be seeing it differently.

Also just a counter point to Jerkitron, Rhino is wearing a special armor, venom is wearing an alien, Scorpion is wearing special armor, the Lizard is wearing ripped up scrubs, King Pin is wearing a 3 piece pin stripe suit, Kraven is wearing skins of the animal's he killed, Sandman is wearing street clothes, and so on. In other words, only really like 3 of the of Spider-Man's villian are in spandex.

Hanso Amore
08-31-2010, 01:04 PM
I dunno BDC, I see a bow tie

BigDaddyCool
08-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Two-Face can wear a bow tie if he wants.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/bdcjacko/twoface.jpg

Anyhow the face looks like there is a line coming down the middle with a smile on one side and a snarl on the other. But I could just as easily be penguin. They may have even purposefully blurred the image to look like both to get double th hype.

Lord-Of-Darkness
08-31-2010, 04:03 PM
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/warner-bros/batman/arkham2/twoface600.jpg

Why is this even up for debate?

BigDaddyCool
08-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Boom, I'm right.

Hanso Amore
08-31-2010, 04:23 PM
SON OF A COCK BITCH

Lord-Of-Darkness
08-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Is it just me, or does that look a lot like Tommy Lee Jones' Two Face? Or is that the 'usual' look of the character, as opposed the the Eckhart version?

My experience of Batman consists of the movies, a few graphic novels, the animated shows and background reading online, so excuse my ignorance.

Also, while I'm speaking of similarities, did anyone else think that the Riddler in AA sounded alot like Jim Carreys version? Was this done on purpose, or purely coincidental that the VO guy made him sound that way?

Lord-Of-Darkness
08-31-2010, 09:03 PM
BTW, by 'looking like Tommy Lee Jones' I meant the unharmed side of his face, nothing else.

Jeritron
09-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Anyhow, that guy in the Uncle Sam picture looks more like 2 face than penguin. I could just be seeing it differently.

Also just a counter point to Jerkitron, Rhino is wearing a special armor, venom is wearing an alien, Scorpion is wearing special armor, the Lizard is wearing ripped up scrubs, King Pin is wearing a 3 piece pin stripe suit, Kraven is wearing skins of the animal's he killed, Sandman is wearing street clothes, and so on. In other words, only really like 3 of the of Spider-Man's villian are in spandex.

I see what you're saying. Still, the Batman villains wearing suits thing is pretty stupid.
Really you're just looking at Joker and Two Face. Riddler wears a blazer sometimes, and a jumpsuit or whatever other times.

In the case of Black Mask and Penguin you're dealing with mob bosses. What else are they going to wear? Really that goes for Joker and Two Face too, since even though they're more of crazies they're a part of a realistic criminal underworld.
Gotham City and Batman is a mob/criminal setting. The whole thing is noir. Characters wear suits because that's the type of characters they are...

Not to mention there are plenty of major/great Batman villains who don't even fall into that category. Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Ras Al Ghul, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Hush, Red Hood, Deadshot

Like I said, who really cares what they wear though, since I think it's virtually academic that Batman and Spiderman dominate the rogues gallery discussion.

Jeritron
09-01-2010, 02:56 AM
X-Men's is quite impressive as well. That whole world is so huge though.

While playing Turtles in Time at the arcade the other day I mentioned to my friend how Ninja Turtles has an incredible rogues gallery when you think about it, but nobody tends to think of it that way.
Technically, it should qualify since it's a comic book.

A good rogues gallery seems like a really tough thing to pull off. Even heroes as prominent as Iron Man and Hulk have pretty shit ones.

Such a nerd comment.

Nowhere Man
09-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Very true. In fact, outside of Spider-Man and the X-Men, most of Marvel's heroes don't really have particularly great Rogues' Galleries. Most of them will have one really good one (Red Skull for Captain America, Doctor Doom for the Fantastic Four, etc) and then a bunch of crappy ones.

DC doesn't fare much better aside from Batman and to a lesser extent Superman (well, and the Flash, but the Rogues seem like more of a package deal now). Wonder Woman's in particular is a complete mess.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-01-2010, 07:28 AM
The Two-Face campaign stuff is plastered all over his cell and a couple other places in the original game if you want to go back and check.

Jeritron
09-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Yea it's a riddle

BigDaddyCool
09-01-2010, 09:20 AM
I see what you're saying. Still, the Batman villains wearing suits thing is pretty stupid.
Really you're just looking at Joker and Two Face. Riddler wears a blazer sometimes, and a jumpsuit or whatever other times.

In the case of Black Mask and Penguin you're dealing with mob bosses. What else are they going to wear? Really that goes for Joker and Two Face too, since even though they're more of crazies they're a part of a realistic criminal underworld.
Gotham City and Batman is a mob/criminal setting. The whole thing is noir. Characters wear suits because that's the type of characters they are...

Not to mention there are plenty of major/great Batman villains who don't even fall into that category. Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Ras Al Ghul, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Hush, Red Hood, Deadshot

Like I said, who really cares what they wear though, since I think it's virtually academic that Batman and Spiderman dominate the rogues gallery discussion.

Penguin wears a suit. And Catwoman wears a cat suit. And Alfred wears a suit. And the Fox fellow wears a suit. Game set and match.

Jeritron
09-01-2010, 11:30 AM
The last two aren't even close to villains. Fuck you

BigDaddyCool
09-01-2010, 11:48 AM
The butler is always a villain.

DaveBrawl
09-01-2010, 02:13 PM
In the last comic Batman appears in, likely 100 years from now, Alfred should kill Bruce in the pantry with a candlestick.

BigDaddyCool
09-01-2010, 02:17 PM
That is be great.

Kalyx triaD
09-01-2010, 04:14 PM
http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/4948442198_43d7584e59_b.jpg
http://cache-03.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/4948443132_c3549d5aac_b.jpg
http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/4948442890_67ce75916a_b.jpg

Harley looks awesome.

BigDaddyCool
09-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Surprise surprise, Kylax posting the first batman boobs.

Disturbed316
09-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Hot

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-01-2010, 04:44 PM
lol @ Harleys Joker tattoos with 'MR J' on her hip.

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Also, always amused me how Harvey Dent manages to keep his hair neatly brushed, and his face clean shaven, despite everything else.... :lol:

Fignuts
09-01-2010, 04:48 PM
That is awesome. Also, who does the designs for the characters in these games? Someone give him a job at DC.

dronepool
09-01-2010, 04:51 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/mccartyln/batmanarkhamsictysept100010.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/mccartyln/batmanarkhamsictysept100005.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/mccartyln/batmanarkhamcity_1.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/mccartyln/catsandbats.jpg

dronepool
09-02-2010, 04:36 AM
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_236930.jpg

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Fuck me, thats where Doink the Clown got to.

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Also, I hope Croc returns in some capacity in this game. I feel like he was really hyped up in the last game, with seeing him in the opening sequence, and through the door while looking for the Batcave. Plus you see his demolished cage in the Medical Facility as part of a riddle.

Then you spend the whole 'boss battle' running away from him.

I personally feel that there is more of a conclusion to be explored here, like a tactical fight, maybe somewhat similar to the Titan guys, but more intense. Maybe in the sewers of Gotham.

Ermaximus
09-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Sweet! Multiplayer confirmed. Question is, will it be co-op and if so, who is the second character? Catwoman? Robin? Nightwing? Commisioner Gordon? Batgirl? Aaron Cash?

BigDaddyCool
09-02-2010, 10:00 AM
The pictures suggest catwoman.

Hanso Amore
09-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Looks like Selena to me for player 2.

Ermaximus
09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Looks like Selena to me for player 2.

???

BigDaddyCool
09-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Selana = Catwoman.

Ermaximus
09-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Selana = Catwoman.

Shows how much I keep up with DC Comics. Selena Kyle right?

BigDaddyCool
09-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I just know that because of Batman Returns

Jeritron
09-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Shows how much I keep up with DC Comics. Selena Kyle right?

Selena. Selena Selena Selena.

That's my name Maximillian, don't wear it out or you'll have to buy me a new one

Ermaximus
09-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Selena. Selena Selena Selena.

That's my name Maximillian, don't wear it out or you'll have to buy me a new one

You got it dude! :y:

Kalyx triaD
09-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Remember thinking about co-op for this game and everybody telling me how gay an idea that was...

Jeritron
09-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Why don't you hide those pictures in spoiler tags Jean Kalyx. Some of us are on phones

Ermaximus
09-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Remember thinking about co-op for this game and everybody telling me how gay an idea that was...

I never said such a thing. Co-Op would make the challenges much easier, unless they gay it out by making you have to get 100,000 points now.

Jeritron
09-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Nobody said such a thing. At least not in this thread, where you suggest it at the beginning

BigDaddyCool
09-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Kalyx never lies. Someone obviously said it would be gay. Someone suggested that the game feature has sex with with other game features of the same gender.

Ermaximus
09-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Kalyx never lies. Someone obviously said it would be gay. Someone suggested that the game feature has sex with with other game features of the same gender.

They must have been doing it tiki style.

Jeritron
09-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Sonic & Knuckles is always on the bottom. Such a dead fish

Kalyx triaD
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Why don't you hide those pictures in spoiler tags Jean Kalyx. Some of us are on phones

After a spat over this very subject I'll leave it to the mods.

I never said such a thing. Co-Op would make the challenges much easier, unless they gay it out by making you have to get 100,000 points now.

Wasn't you, just two other posters now that I look back at it (http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95947).

Nobody said such a thing. At least not in this thread, where you suggest it at the beginning

Forget it, I checked and it was two posters who aren't even around. Although I recall saying it in yet another thread with the responses I stated, I can't find that thread (as it was unrelated to Batman AA).

But the events are totally par for course as far as 'ideas from Kalyx' go. It's not unbelievable.

BigDaddyCool
09-02-2010, 02:55 PM
They must have been doing it tiki style.

Come on assault, get out there and bring them some pain.

BigDaddyCool
09-02-2010, 03:05 PM
You know maybe...just maybe if we put all the posts about a video game in one thread instead of both its own thread and a "news" thread we would know if CO-OP is indeed the homosexual feature Kalyx says it is.

Lord-Of-Darkness
09-03-2010, 08:32 AM
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/111/1117366/batman-arkham-city-20100901084908583.jpg

BigDaddyCool
09-03-2010, 10:59 AM
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/111/1117366/batman-arkham-city-20100901084908583.jpg

Racist. I'm offended those black guys are in white face.

Funky Fly
09-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Get back to picking cotton, darky.

BigDaddyCool
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
:'(

Funky Fly
09-03-2010, 04:14 PM
How the fuck did you get access to the internet anyway? You're not a house negro. :wtf:

BigDaddyCool
09-03-2010, 04:19 PM
By bein' masta favorite darky.

Ermaximus
09-03-2010, 04:42 PM
By bein' masta favorite darky.

Don't you ever foget it either now boy!

G
03-15-2011, 05:02 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xlET0kb5pmw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

should probably edit the title

Disturbed316
03-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Shit hot.

Kalyx triaD
06-01-2011, 05:34 PM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XzXqNZEL5Fc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vietnamese Crippler
06-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Awesome.

Snowden
06-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Most assuredly the game I'm most looking forward to besides Uncharted 3. Arkham Asylum was absolute gold.

Word is that about 10% of the game will be spent as Catwoman, which sounds like just about right for the split. You'll run into cats at key places, and be given the option to "take a break," which initiates a brief play as Selena Kyle. So for those who don't WANT to play as Catwoman, her story can be avoided I suppose.

Fignuts
06-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I love Lykke Li.

G
06-02-2011, 06:10 PM

Kalyx triaD
06-20-2011, 11:14 PM
http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/204212-/Robin_FullBodyRender_PR%20copy-620x.jpg

- Tim Drake
- Available for all challenge maps, including his own two.
- Red Robin alt suit available.
- No, still no co-op.

Kalyx triaD
07-01-2011, 11:53 AM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hBXDHznD83g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ermaximus
07-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Disturbed316
07-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Awesome

Emperor Smeat
07-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Collector's Edition for the game was revealed with the price being about $99.

Included in the collector's edition is a custom Batman statue, collectible art book, early DLC access, the Batman: Arkham City soundtrack, the DC Universe animated original movie Batman: Gotham Knight and four collectible cards.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/07/arkhamcollector.jpg

G
07-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Can't wait for Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 to come out. He sure does look awfully husky in the bottom right pic

dronepool
07-20-2011, 02:03 AM
I already have 3 B&W statues and at that 7" size again? It's well worth 99 bucks but I don't really need any more Batman statues... I just might get the regular version.

Emperor Smeat
07-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Some new characters were confirmed to be in the game during Comic-Con. Besides the Penguin which everyone assumed, the new characters are:

Solomon Grundy
Talia Al Ghul

Ra’s Al Ghul hasn't been confirmed but if his daughter is in the game and the way his character was in the last game, big chance he's in this game.

http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttack-News/More-Character-Confirmed-For-Batman-Arkham-City

Also revealed was the game will have DLC episodes similar to other games that have done the DLC episode treatment.
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/87318/arkham-city-to-feature-downloadable-episodes/

Damian Rey
07-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Can't wait for Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 to come out. He sure does look awfully husky in the bottom right pic

Looks like "Husky Bat" is a tribute to "The Dark Knight Returns" Batman, where he's old and fat, but badass as ever.

Chavo Classic
07-24-2011, 11:58 AM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1g39nrY7Dks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First real look at the Penguin. He looks pretty good, with the end of a glass bottle jammed into his eye as a monocle.

Pretty sure Batman pulls off a version of CM Punk's GTS at around 1:27 too :D

Nowhere Man
07-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Wow, a version of Penguin that's actually intimidating? That's quite the achievement.

The Destroyer
07-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Not sure about the voice though.

Dave Youell
07-31-2011, 02:59 AM
Not sure about the voice though.

We Brits are totally the best voice for evil

DaveBrawl
08-01-2011, 06:04 PM
While we already knew about the circa 1970s Batman Costume skin for Batman: Arkham City, a few new costume skins for the title, like the Earth One, Animated Series, and Batman Beyond costumes, have been revealed by New Zealand retailer MightyApe. According to European retailers, the costume you get will be based on where you pre-order the action adventure title from. I'm guessing they'll all be available as DLC eventually, though. All of the costumes look particularly neat, but my favorite is the Earth One Batman costume. What about you?

Batman: Arkham City is coming out for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on October 18.

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/715006/new-batman-arkham-city-bonus-costumes-revealed-earth-one-the-animated-series-batman-beyond-and-more/#ixzz1ToizZnL1

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/279421_S/new-batman-arkham-city-bonus-costumes-revealed-earth-one-the-animated-series-batman-beyond-and-more.jpg

I need new pants.

G
08-01-2011, 06:24 PM
that one on the left is awesome

ClockShot
08-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Mmmmmmm. Love the Batman Beyond outfit.

Hope they all come stateside.

Disturbed316
08-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Where's that Fat-Man one from?

Corporate CockSnogger
08-02-2011, 06:56 AM
lol the Animated Series model will look ridiculous in the game. They do all look great though.

whiteyford
08-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Just preordered the collectors edition, cant wait for this!

LuigiD
08-02-2011, 09:56 AM
From what I read, this is for the UK. It is mentioned that some might not be available outside the UK?
I HOPE that they are. Furthermore, I hope if they all end up becoming store exclusives..that we can at least get them all in the near future.

Where's that Fat-Man one from?

Dark Knight Returns
http://veryaware.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/The-Dark-Knight-Returns-470x272.jpg

Emperor Smeat
08-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Supposedly Nolan North is voicing the Penguin but Warner Bros hasn't officially confirmed it.

http://kotaku.com/5828250/hold-on-wait-whoa-nolan-north-is-voicing-the-penguin

Vietnamese Crippler
08-16-2011, 12:19 AM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/18LSLIbFV80" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Excellent.

Kalyx triaD
08-16-2011, 12:35 AM
Yeah, that's cool.

GET IT?!

dronepool
08-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Chill out.

Lord-Of-Darkness
08-16-2011, 05:13 AM
I'm pretty sure Schwarzenegger covered every single one of those puns...

Also, seeing that video, and what looks like the style of the boss fight, first thing I thought of was Vulcan Raven from MGS...

Really looking forward to this game.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Ice to see you

Fox
08-17-2011, 10:37 AM
I wonder if the Batman Beyond costume will have the jet booster boots like in the show, or if he'll have to grappling hook/glide like the others.

LuigiD
08-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Love the Mr. Freeze trailer.
Sent..chills down my spine. :roll:

Mike the Metal Ed
08-17-2011, 10:45 AM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SRH-Ywpz1_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
08-22-2011, 01:05 PM
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/118/1189611/batman-arkham-city-20110822085232552.jpg

Emperor Smeat
08-22-2011, 06:46 PM
The PS3 version of Arkham City will not be getting any exclusive content in comparision to the Xbox 360 like last time with Arkham Asylum getting the Joker as an extra on the PS3.

Rocksteady announced both console versions will be the same and the focus is making sure both games are worked on equally.

According to Rocksteady’s marketing manager Dax Gin, the company is looking to treat all gamers equally regardless of what system they play the game on and are as of now focused on delivering the same game across all platforms.

The pre-order bonuses are also being treated equally for both the PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttack-News/No-Platform-Exclusives-For-Arkham-City

Emperor Smeat
08-30-2011, 07:21 PM
The PC version of Arkham City will only be using the Games for Windows Live application to play the game although the game itself will be available to buy on other digital services.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/30/batman-arkham-city-pc-still-releasing-under-games-for-windows-live/

Emperor Smeat
09-02-2011, 04:50 PM
A new mode was revealed similar to New Game+ in other games where the next playthrough lets you keep everything earned after beating the game but now automatically increases the difficulty while removing all the assists and help during fights.

At Pax, Rocksteady's Dax Ginn gave Gametrailers some information on the new mode and how things will work.

"When you finish the main story mode, you can then restart that with all of the gadgets and all of the upgrades you got in that first playthrough, but you’re going to need them in the second playthrough because all of the enemy configurations have changed. All of the assistance you get in combat with those blue lightning bolts coming up against guys who are about to hit you, they’re gone. So you have to read their animations coming in.

http://zillas.screwattack.com/news/play-batman-arkham-city-over-and-over-again

G
09-14-2011, 08:43 PM
this was pretty lol

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aGL1pIQVJVo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aGL1pIQVJVo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Kalyx triaD
09-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Don't get what people expected. They should see who voices those pretty cartoon/videogame characters.

Skippord
09-14-2011, 10:13 PM
that Asian dude has got a nice wiggle

Disturbed316
09-15-2011, 05:52 AM
lol

Nowhere Man
09-15-2011, 01:50 PM
I'd hit that.

........what, I'm desperate.

Emperor Smeat
09-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Deadshot confirmed to be in the game but his story or exact reason wasn't revealed because Rocksteady Studios wants to keep his involvement as sort of a mystery until the game is released.

However, it was revealed that one of his storyline purposes is to "take out a series of high value targets."

http://www.screwattack.com/news/deadshot-targets-arkham-city

Emperor Smeat
09-26-2011, 06:18 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R3Mudsk1Fb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Emperor Smeat
09-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Huge spoilers concerning the first act of the game involving the Joker and it came straight from the developers themselves.

"The Joker lies idly in his wheelchair with his head tilted at an awkward angle. The machine he's hooked up blare a monotonous flatline tone, and when Batman activates his Detective Vision, the word "deceased" appears next to Joker. "

Batman's Detective Mode will say the Joker is dead but Rocksteady said it isn't as powerful as in the first game which could create a false reading if it indeed is a gag by the Joker.
http://www.screwattack.com/news/spoiler-jokers-gag-arkham-city
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/a-few-minutes-with-the-nearly-finished-batman-arkham-city/3703/

ClockShot
09-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Just got an e-mail from gamestop that powerup rewards customers get the Batman: The Animated Series skin with their pre-order.

The last time gamestop did this deal involving power-up rewards, no code showed up on my receipt or in my inbox. Gonna go ask about it at the store tomorrow.

ClockShot
10-03-2011, 07:19 PM
The PS3 version of Arkham City will not be getting any exclusive content in comparision to the Xbox 360 like last time with Arkham Asylum getting the Joker as an extra on the PS3.

Rocksteady announced both console versions will be the same and the focus is making sure both games are worked on equally.

The pre-order bonuses are also being treated equally for both the PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttack-News/No-Platform-Exclusives-For-Arkham-City

Yeah. About that, PS3 gets the edge yet again.

Buy Green Lantern on blu-ray on October 14th and pop it in your PS3, you'll unlock the Sinestro Corps. skin.

http://www.esperino.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Batman-Arkham-City-Green-Latern-Sinestro-Corp-Skin.jpg

DaveBrawl
10-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Seems like Xbox gets the advantage there, we'll probably end up with the skin and won't have to buy Green Lantern on Blu-Ray. :lol:

Kalyx triaD
10-03-2011, 10:44 PM
wtf

dronepool
10-04-2011, 02:52 AM
Green Lantern is not worth more than 10 dollars... if even that.

Emperor Smeat
10-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Based on the trophy list for the PS3 version, another character will be playable at some point in the game to go along with Batman, Robin (pre-order exclusive), and Catwoman.

Nightwing will be a playable character in the game.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/new-arkham-city-trophy-list-reveals-playable-character

Captain of Fun
10-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Fuck yeah.

Can't wait to see his redesign, given how badass robin's looks.

Emperor Smeat
10-05-2011, 06:18 PM
2 more villains revealed to go along with what they will look like in the game.

The Mad Hatter and Poison Ivy were announced as being in the game.

http://www.screwattack.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/588/ac_mh.jpg
http://www.screwattack.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/588/ac_pi.jpg

http://www.screwattack.com/news/2-more-villains-arkham-city-revealed

Kalyx triaD
10-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Mad fucking Hatter.

Kalyx triaD
10-05-2011, 10:24 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BhSXKG4XQSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
10-05-2011, 10:26 PM
2plyr co-op challenges please for the love of god. Batman, Catwoman, Robin, and now Nightwing. This is very needed.

Funky Fly
10-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah, might just wait till I finally pick up a PS3 before I get this.

Emperor Smeat
10-10-2011, 06:32 PM
1st post-launch DLC pack was revealed along with its release date and price.

The "Robin Bundle" will be $6.99 and the "Skins Pack" will be $4.99 while both are set for a December 6 release date.

Also revealed is the Catwoman DLC is free for those who pre-ordered while everyone else has to pay and it was confirmed to be on the disc.

http://www.myniritori.com/batman-arkham-city-dlc-priced-dated/

ClockShot
10-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Heh heh. Best Buy's pre-order goods go up first.

Wonder how long they're gonna have to wait for Joker's Carnival?

Kalyx triaD
10-11-2011, 12:28 PM
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/119/1199476/robin-upgrades-himself-into-nightwing-20111011073005393.jpg

Emperor Smeat
10-13-2011, 07:00 PM
A bunch of news regarding the game was released with some good and some bad depending on your perspective.

Rocksteady has announced there will be no demo of the game before or after (like Call of Duty) the release of the game. The official reason is the team has no time to work on a demo nor has plans for a post-release demo.
http://www.gamezone.com/news/rocksteady-no-batman-arkham-city-demo-before-launch

Warner Bros will lock out Catwoman content regardless if the copy is new or used if there isn't a constant internet connection when playing the game. Also announced was the Online Pass is meant specifically in locking out Catwoman (and unconfirmed Nightwing) for the Single player mode.

This latest moment of consumer grudge humping comes via today's news that the Catwoman missions contained within the game will be locked behind an online pass. Despite WB's constant hyping of the Catwoman bonus missions, you won't be able to freely access them unless you have a new copy of Arkham City, as well as an Internet-connected console. If you do pick up a copy used, you'll need to pony up $9.99 to gain access to these missions.
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/warner-bros-insists-that-all-catwomen-be-paid-for-new-and-be-connected-to-the-internet/3742/
http://www.giantbomb.com/batman-arkham-city/61-29443/wb-locks-out-sp-contentcatwoman-to-used-buys-and-offline-users/35-519217/

Rocksteady also calmed fears of the game cramming too many villains in the story by saying since its a 40 hour game, they have enough time and storyline content to fill up each villain's role in the game without it feeling rushed.
http://www.screwattack.com/news/holy-villain-overload-batman

Kalyx triaD
10-13-2011, 07:12 PM
That's fine.

DaveBrawl
10-13-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't like the idea of having to have a constant internet connection to play certain missions. My connection is way to volatile at times to be sure of all that.

Kalyx triaD
10-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Once the code is punched in and you have the license, you should have no problems.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Oh man, the start of this game is even better than Arkham Asylum walking down with Joker. This is going to be some hot shit.

Raven Reaper
10-14-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm halfway through finishing the first game on my first ever bought X-BOX... Damn, why is it everytime I beat up baddies and the main villians appear and talk and they just fucking run away? Could've been more fun beating on Harley Quinn too. :P

XL
10-14-2011, 12:34 PM
This is out next week!? :eek: