TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 12-28-2003, 12:05 AM   #1
AareDub
I Hate Bottles

AareDub has a great deal of rep (15,000+)AareDub has a great deal of rep (15,000+)AareDub has a great deal of rep (15,000+)AareDub has a great deal of rep (15,000+)AareDub has a great deal of rep (15,000+)AareDub has a great deal of rep (15,000+)AareDub has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Matchstick Men

Well I finally got around to watching this movie. I suppose it wasn't too bad, I was a little disappointed with the ending though. I thought they should have ended it after the big twist and just dropped that whole scene in the carpet store.

I'm still can't really decide if I liked the movie or not (it's weird like that) but either way, I can honestly say I didn't see the big twist coming. Usually I'm great at picking up on twists and double crosses, but this one totally caught me by surprise.

Has anybody else here seen the movie? What were your thoughts on it? It wasn't really all that popular when it was released so I wouldn't be surprised if many skipped over it.
AareDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 12:25 AM   #2
Jason Cage
shut the FUCK UP, Donnie

Jason Cage has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Jason Cage has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
tru dat. the twist came totally unexpected.

But the movie totally ruled. Nic Cage's phobic character was pretty fucking sweet, I'd throw him in the Best Actor Nomination thingy. It also had some hilarious scenes. As far as the carpet scene goes...I dont believe that was in the book, but I guess it was just to show Roy's "change" from phobic and shit. And to also show the triple cross with the girl.

Anyway, yeah, this movie rules.
Jason Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:34 AM   #3
Triple A

That movie was ****ing amazing. That and Mystic River were the best two movies I have seen all year.

I loved it. Then when the twist came at the end, at first I was like "OH SHIT" out loud in the theater, and then I got really pissed off. I was like, ****, they are gonna ruin the movie with a shitty ending.

But they actually did it well. Not perfect, but as best as they could have.

The movie was gold.

9/10