PDA

View Full Version : John Cena is the greatest of all time

SupaNovaHBK
05-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Seriously.
Only wrestler to SIMULTANEOUSLY get just as much boos as cheers. sure, HHH, HBK, Austin etc. could get booed to hell, or cheered to heaven, but ever both at the same venue, same time, on a consistent basis?
sure the numbers will favour John cena merchandise. his in many movies, he had his own record deal. his main evented many wrestlemanias and brought in the crowds and interests. his promos are great, his standing in social networks is huge, as most ppl know more about John Cena now days then any other wrestler.

IMAGINE how big this guy would be if he could actually wrestle??????

now i dont honestly believe his the greatest wrestler of all time. but surely he'd have to figure in the top ten? at least be considered.

Joesgonnakillyou
05-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Seriously.
Only wrestler to SIMULTANEOUSLY get just as much boos as cheers. sure, HHH, HBK, Austin etc. could get booed to hell, or cheered to heaven, but ever both at the same venue, same time, on a consistent basis?

Considering he's meant to be cheered, it's not that much of an acheivement. It is, in fact, a fail.

SupaNovaHBK
05-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Considering he's meant to be cheered, it's not that much of an acheivement. It is, in fact, a fail.

yeah but the WWE and John cena do play it up now days. its defs deliberate (or deliberate in the fact they arent changing it)

o and btw.... i do know John Cena currently is not even close to the greatest wrestler of all time. i just wanted him to get some credit for once ;)

Volare
05-02-2010, 10:07 AM
:nono:

The Pope
05-02-2010, 10:08 AM
:nono:No

BillyBonez
05-02-2010, 10:09 AM
I think a lot of hate Cena gets is not genuine. A lot of it is because its "cool" to hate him and people get peer pressure and jump on the bandawagon to hate Cena. A lot of it is because people dont hate Cena but actually hate themselves because they wish they were like him but they aint.

SupaNovaHBK
05-02-2010, 10:10 AM
^^^^

wow i thought i was gonna get HEAPS of criticsim and bad rep for my 2 threads tonight... but billybonez just topped grabbed the spot light and put it on himself! thx man :D

The Pope
05-02-2010, 10:13 AM
LMAO

BillyBonez
05-02-2010, 10:15 AM
^^^^

wow i thought i was gonna get HEAPS of criticsim and bad rep for my 2 threads tonight... but billybonez just topped grabbed the spot light and put it on himself! thx man :D

Thats cuz I give it to ya straight, I say things that other are afraid to say and I mean what I say when I say it.

tjmidnight420
05-02-2010, 10:16 AM
IMAGINE how big this guy would be if he could actually wrestle??????

John Cena can wrestle. And Mr. Bonez, it's to be noted that most if not all of the IWC knows he can wrestle. The hate is directed towards the character, not the man.

The Pope
05-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Cena can't even pull off a headlock, what the hell is wrong with you new posters!?

tjmidnight420
05-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Cena can't even pull off a headlock, what the hell is wrong with you new posters!?

First of all, YouTube. Yeah he's gotten sloppy in the ring because all he does is four moves, but go check that shit from when he was a heel. Go check from when he was in the farm league.

SupaNovaHBK
05-02-2010, 10:36 AM
he obviously CAN wreslte. but not great. im talking imagine if he had BRET HART skills!!!!

tjmidnight420
05-02-2010, 10:43 AM
he obviously CAN wreslte. but not great. im talking imagine if he had BRET HART skills!!!!

Look at it like this: Austin could put on a clinic. Maybe not Bret Hart style, but the man could go. Did we see that from the Stone Cold character? No. He was pushed to his highest point as a brawler with limited in ring ability. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not a Cena fan by any measure, but it's the character he plays that restricts his ability. Not saying he's anywhere near Steve Austin good, but he's better than he comes off on TV.

The Pope
05-02-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't need youtube to remember how he was when he was heel. He was still bad, anyone can get through not knowing how to wrestle as a heel.

The Pope
05-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Look at it like this: Austin could put on a clinic. Maybe not Bret Hart style, but the man could go. Did we see that from the Stone Cold character? No. He was pushed to his highest point as a brawler with limited in ring ability. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not a Cena fan by any measure, but it's the character he plays that restricts his ability. Not saying he's anywhere near Steve Austin good, but he's better than he comes off on TV.

tjmidnight420
05-02-2010, 10:52 AM

So you're right on the matter just cause you say so? You got nothing else to say besides "my memory is perfect I don't need Youtube" and :nono:? Thanks for your take, fella.

TheAdamEvansFan
05-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Cena is used like Bill Goldberg was in WCW. He's hyped, he's given the win and the save.

I wouldn't say that he's that great.

It's the people who have pushed him to that spot that deserve the credibility.

The writers, etc.

He's a decent actor though.

Once he becomes a full fledge heel and can play that role well for a year or so, then maybe we can have this discussion again.

Until then, keep drooling to his poster on your wall.

DarKCentaur
05-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Didn't Cena tear his pec by giving a hip toss? Not receiving a bad one, mind you, but GIVING ONE?

Beth Phoenix Fan
05-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Cena was great as a heel

and now he just sucks!

The Pope
05-02-2010, 10:59 AM
So you're right on the matter just cause you say so? You got nothing else to say besides "my memory is perfect I don't need Youtube" and :nono:? Thanks for your take, fella.

You're welcome, anytime fella:)

The Pope
Cena was great as a heel

and now he just sucks!

Agreed

tjmidnight420
Didn't Cena tear his pec by giving a hip toss? Not receiving a bad one, mind you, but GIVING ONE?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I retract my previous statements. Fuck the dipshit. Fire him out of a cannon.

Xero
05-02-2010, 11:00 AM

TJ's 100% right.

I've always said that Cena CAN wrestle (and DOES pull out very good matches sometimes, RVD/Cena, Umaga/Cena, even Batista/Cena). He's one of the best guys they've ever had for publicity, PR and being the face of the company.

It's his gimmick that people don't like. I honestly think that, given the right gimmick and push, he'd easily be up there. Not on Austin/Rock/Hogan level, because I don't think he has it to that point (and let's face it, maybe no one will again), but on the tier below? Absolutely.

But on the flip side, Cena is a merch seller and is over with their target demographic. We may not agree that this should be their target demographic, but you can't say that, given the company's stance right now, that Cena isn't the best guy to be on top in his current character when you look at all his positives from WWE's standpoint.

Wolfpack423
05-02-2010, 11:00 AM
I think a lot of hate Cena gets is not genuine. A lot of it is because its "cool" to hate him and people get peer pressure and jump on the bandawagon to hate Cena. A lot of it is because people dont hate Cena but actually hate themselves because they wish they were like him but they aint.

I agree with this post. I have been a Cena fan since 2002 and my favorite time periods for him was when he was long reigning champions. I like when guys hold title for a longer period of time. it gives them more prestige. If Bruno Sammartino were around now, people would boo him out of the building, I mean he was champ for 8 years. He is one of the top babyfaces of all time and a really good wrestler. I have had the privilege to watch some of his older matches on tapes and he would fall into a favorites category for me. Cena is a favorite of mine and will continue to be. Plus, he is a nice guy and has a good head on his shoulders.

Xero
05-02-2010, 11:01 AM
But he's not the greatest of all time. Fuck off with that shit.

Johnny McNasty
05-02-2010, 11:02 AM
The only problem I have with Cena is he might not sell as much as I would like, but that is part of his character so I can over look that. He is very much capable inside of the ring though. People seem unable to look past his stale cookie cutter face shenanigans, and give the man the credit he deserves for his ability in the ring.

Volare
05-02-2010, 11:02 AM
But he's not the greatest of all time. Fuck off with that shit.

Stealth-Icon
05-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Who the fuck is this John Cena guy?

The Pope
05-02-2010, 11:03 AM
The only problem I have with Cena is he might not sell as much as I would like, but that is part of his character so I can over look that. He is very much capable inside of the ring though. People seem unable to look past his stale cookie cutter face shenanigans, and give the man the credit he deserves for his ability in the ring.

Yo, I had a Pope avatar first.... and Cena either Doesn't sell enough or he over sells.

Perry Saturn
05-02-2010, 11:04 AM
i will say cena does need a new arsenal of moves because everytime he wrestles he proves he do can like 7 moves

tjmidnight420
05-02-2010, 11:05 AM
TJ's 100% right.

That is so going in my sig. Thanks big dog. Glad someone understands what I was saying.

The Pope
05-02-2010, 11:09 AM
But TJ said he took it all back

Johnny McNasty
05-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Its cool I've been in the process of changing mine since Lockdown anyways. True he does falter sometimes when it comes to selling, but besides that the man is solid in the ring.

tjmidnight420
05-02-2010, 11:10 AM
But TJ said he took it all back

Sarcasm, fella. Do we honestly have to do the shifty eyes smiley every time for people to understand that?

Razzamajazz
05-02-2010, 11:13 AM

Didn't HHH tear a quad by just walking across the ring?

The Pope
05-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Sarcasm, fella. Do we honestly have to do the shifty eyes smiley every time for people to understand that?

No TJ, you don't need to do that:shifty:

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-02-2010, 11:18 AM

You dont know what you're talking about.

SupaNovaHBK
05-02-2010, 11:18 AM
but HHH is part of DX :P

and xero, obviously cena isnt the greatest :D his most likely top 20 tho :P

Johnny Vegas
05-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Who the hell gets peer pressured into boo'ing/cheering someone? I wish somebody would tell me that if i cheered Cena i'd be "lame" or something. I'd just look at them like "lol..this tool is taking this WAY to seriously..now who's the lame here". I'm going to RAW on June 5th and i will be drunk off my ass and i will cheer the HELL out of RKO, JoMo, hell, maybe Sheamus because he's growing on me really fast.

Xero
05-02-2010, 06:45 PM
When I was at RAW a few weeks ago a Cena fan stopped me, perplexed, and asked me if I wasn't a Cena fan. I was wearing my anti-Cena shirt and he was decked out in every piece of Cena gear imaginable.

VSG
05-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Do they have a super power to detect a non-Cena fan? Its like an epidemic.

FourFifty
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM

Considering the fact that he's a solid corner stone in the main event, gets cheered, and has a legion of fans who want to kill him, I'll say it's not a failure in any way what so ever.
Seriously. A mixed reaction rarely hits the main event. Cena is incredible, no matter how much we dislike him. In other words....
You Can't See Me!

The Franchise
05-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Cena will definitely go down in history as legendary. He may not be on Hogan, Austin or Rock's level, but still, for different reasons. His 2005-2007 crowd reactions are something that has never happened before and in all likelihood will never happen again to that extent.

FourFifty
05-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Cena is a company man, and a good person who'll give his all for the company and the fans.

The Franchise
05-02-2010, 08:03 PM
i agree Kirby :)

Kane Knight
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM

Lad, I knew he seemed familiar.

Vermaat lives!

Xero
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
He didn't say anything about Mark Henry being the future.

Kane Knight
05-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Considering the fact that he's a solid corner stone in the main event, gets cheered, and has a legion of fans who want to kill him, I'll say it's not a failure in any way what so ever.
Seriously. A mixed reaction rarely hits the main event. Cena is incredible, no matter how much we dislike him. In other words....
You Can't See Me!

You don't seriously mean that...Do you?

normally, I wouldn't ask, but...Kane Mask Tattoo.

Johnny McNasty
05-02-2010, 09:10 PM
His mixed reaction isn't a bad thing anymore really. The commentators acknowledge it all the time, and I believe they play it up sometimes. He is the face of PG WWE. You might think he sucks, that he can't wrestle, that his movies are horrible, but still your a minority when put up against the legions of little kiddies who make up the Chain Gang.

Damian Rey
05-02-2010, 11:14 PM
When I was at RAW a few weeks ago a Cena fan stopped me, perplexed, and asked me if I wasn't a Cena fan. I was wearing my anti-Cena shirt and he was decked out in every piece of Cena gear imaginable.

:lol: When I went to the Raw show on March 15, I was booing my lungs out at Cena, and, being surrounded by Cena kiddies, was given the most evil of collective stares when I cheered mightily after Big Show pinned him. I've never relished in a wrestler losing more than that one moment.

muffalufagus
05-03-2010, 12:38 AM
he's okay. the only thing i enjoy about him is rooting against him. i hate the way he bumps. i hate the way he hits the ropes. i hate the way he does that stupid flipping neck breaker thing. and i hate the way he's pushed to the heavens. i've hated cena since i first saw him.

Kane Knight
05-03-2010, 01:41 AM
His mixed reaction isn't a bad thing anymore really. The commentators acknowledge it all the time, and I believe they play it up sometimes. He is the face of PG WWE. You might think he sucks, that he can't wrestle, that his movies are horrible, but still your a minority when put up against the legions of little kiddies who make up the Chain Gang.

They acknowledge it because they have no choice. That's a pretty twisted justification for why it's no longer a bad thing. He is a success because he sells merchandise, not because of his mixed reaction. Failure doesn't become success because you lampshade it.

Fignuts
05-03-2010, 02:37 AM
So fucking sick of explaining to people that Cena can wrestle. Bunch of fucking twits.

Mr. Pierre
05-03-2010, 02:52 AM
I used to hate Cena as a typical Internet mark, but now my only knock on Cena is his long-term selling in matches. He refuses to sell anything during his 5 Moves of Doom and it's just annoying. But besides that, the guy is a great entertainer and consistently puts on fun matches with all different types of opponents.

Favre4Ever
05-03-2010, 03:05 AM
F U CEEEEEEEENA!

*clap**clap*clap clap clap*

Rinse and repeat.

Johnny McNasty
05-03-2010, 05:02 AM
They acknowledge it because they have no choice. That's a pretty twisted justification for why it's no longer a bad thing. He is a success because he sells merchandise, not because of his mixed reaction. Failure doesn't become success because you lampshade it.

Does he still not get cheered though? Like a lot? The boos are not hurting him either, they show that people care enough to give a reaction. Plus when he gets replaced as the top face, and finally does turn heel it will be massive. A lot of these guys who are suppose to be the next big thing would kill for any sort of reaction, yet alone one as big as Cena gets week in week out.

Kane Knight
05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Does he still not get cheered though? Like a lot? The boos are not hurting him either, they show that people care enough to give a reaction. Plus when he gets replaced as the top face, and finally does turn heel it will be massive. A lot of these guys who are suppose to be the next big thing would kill for any sort of reaction, yet alone one as big as Cena gets week in week out.

The boos don't hurt him any more than any other sort of unintended reaction, but at that point, we're rendering a lot of the business moot.

Johnny McNasty
05-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Still his success alone isn't because how much merchandise he sells. He busted his ass off to get to where he is today, has put on some great performances in and out of the ring, plus is a company man people can rely on. I just don't get all the vicious hate he gets sometimes. Sure his character is stale I hear you on that, but that affects his in ring ability how?

Kane Knight
05-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Still his success alone isn't because how much merchandise he sells. He busted his ass off to get to where he is today, has put on some great performances in and out of the ring, plus is a company man people can rely on. I just don't get all the vicious hate he gets sometimes. Sure his character is stale I hear you on that, but that affects his in ring ability how?

Are you talking to me?

Sixx
05-03-2010, 01:52 PM
He's sexy.