PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft thread

Crimson
04-18-2004, 02:11 PM
It's next week. So who will go #1? I don't think the Chargers should trade the pick away and pass up on Eli.

Well here's how I see the 1st 10 picks.

1. SD- Eli Manning
2. Oak- Larry Fitzgerald
3. Arz- Ben Roethlisberger
4. NYG- Robert Gallery
5. Wash- Sean Taylor
6. Det- Steven Jackson
7. Cle- Kellen Winslow
8. Atl- Roy Williams
9. Jax- Mike Williams
10. Hou- Kenechi Udeze

There will probably be some trades on the way so it should be interesting.

VonErich Lives
04-18-2004, 02:49 PM
I don't think SD takes another QB.. but could be wrong.

I think Detriot trades down and I wouldn't be suprised if Washington goes after a WR, but Sean Taylor would be the smart pick.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-19-2004, 02:58 AM
Yea Lions are going to trade down and get Steven Jackson :(

I really wanted the Patriots to get him too :( :( :(

Boomer
04-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Get ready for some major surprises though, cus noone is very sure about what is going to happen. Like Atlanta could use a guy like Roy Williams, but there are tons of other things that we could easily use.

It's gonna be fun to watch

Crimson
04-19-2004, 09:53 PM
In some pretty big news, the court ruled Clarett, AND Mike Williams among other underclasmen ineligible for thr draft :(. They shoulda jus let this be , and rule out the underclassmen next year ,this was supposed to be the deepest WR draft damnit.

I was also hoping Dallas could grab Clarett.

AlphaBean
04-19-2004, 10:25 PM
I don't think SD takes another QB.. but could be wrong.

I think Detriot trades down and I wouldn't be suprised if Washington goes after a WR, but Sean Taylor would be the smart pick.

Former Pro Bowl TE Byron Chamberlain released by the Redskins?

With a move like that, I smell Winslow...

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-22-2004, 02:46 PM
I am hearing Winslow would be the perfect "H-Back" or whatever for Joe Gibbs offense...I dunno tho I don't really know too much about what Gibbs runs so maybe I heard that wrong.

It looks like the Lions will probably trade their 6th overrall pick. The Lions could probably drop atleast 10 picks and still get Steven Jackson (Unless the Cowboys move up and try to nab him..they don't need to worry about the Pats anymore since they got Dillon) Also a lot of teams will be after either Winslow or Taylor (one will most likely still be on the board at 6) so Detroit will probably get more then a few offers for that pick.

Also I am hearing the Cards aren't going to draft a QB...they really want Fitzgerald I guess but it will be intresting to see if they are able to get him. If they are they will have a crazy trio of young WRs

Kinda surprised the Raiders aren't going after a QB...Gannon is about 200 years old but I guess they are putting their stock in that guy from UW that they drafted a few years ago

AlphaBean
04-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Tuiasosopo?

Anyway, Gibbs runs an old-fashioned run-heavy offense, which is why theyre looking to upgrade their line and get a good TE. They tried HARD to get Jimmy Kleinsasser if you recall, who is the best blocking TE in the NFL and a prototypical H-Back as he plays both TE and FB from time to time...

Winslow won't be that, necessarily, but he will tear the middle of the field to SHREDS. I see him more as a Gonzales type, but he seems to have a Shockey attitude...

If I was the Lions, I would get a good HB in the 2nd round and get Sean Taylor. With their secondary, it's a must. All the experts said that Jackson is good but not great.

I'm interested to see where Wilfork ends up. I hope he drpos to the Vikings. That would be SWELL. Nah, they're looking to keep K-Dub at NT which is stupid. He's a lot better at end, and he's very awesome at pass-rushing. :yes:

Anyway... Manning should go first because hype overcomes all else in the draft. Whether the Chargers do it or not, remains to be seen... but I think they'll keep it. The initial report was that they passed on Vick, and they missed out on Peyton, so they need to do it right this time, not get the #2 QB, not get something else, but do what is best for the franchise, both for wins but for image. Eli is a big big name and people will get his jersey. Nobody will get a Robert Gallery jersey, even though he's possibly the best player in the draft. Taylor, eh, we'll see. There's a lot to be said about Iowegian corn-fed mother****ers. When you get a hoss like that, you know he will dominate.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-22-2004, 03:41 PM
Yea I heard two things about Winslow...both from watching ESPN I think. One guy thought he wouldn't be a good fit because in Gibbs offense its more like the TE blocks a lot and catches balls sometimes. He thought that Wilson would be better off in a system where the TE caughtest balls 1st and blocks second.

I DUNNO THO then like 2 days later I heard a diffferent guy say he would be a perfect fit the "H-Back" spot...I don't really know too much about the H-Back stuff tho

The Outlaw
04-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Being reported that Eli and Archie are both against him playing at SD

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-22-2004, 03:46 PM
I would be too...Chargers have no type of future, while teams like Oakland and NY Giants obviously do

He doesn't need to worry about the Cardinals since Denny Green has already said he is not going to draft a QB.

The Outlaw
04-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah the Cardinals are going to be nastttty if they get Fitz

PureHatred
04-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Well, its official. The Supreme Court turned down Clarett's request for a stay. So he and Mike Williams of USC are out of the Draft. Not really surprised, although I think it sucks for Williams who would've had an awesome year at USC.

It looks more and more like Manning is going to end up in NY and that San Diego is going to end up drafting Robert Gallery. Whatever...I just hope the Cowboys end up with a decent RB. Jones from VA Tech or Perry from Michigan.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Williams can't go back to USC...right?

PureHatred
04-22-2004, 04:45 PM
The university would have to file an appeal with the NCAA. And Williams would have to give back anything (money, car, etc) he got while he had an agent. So its possible, but this has never happened before. Considering the NFL told Williams it was OK to enter the draft, I think he has a shot.

MoRcHeEbA
04-22-2004, 06:43 PM
I heard Mike Williams got put on Winnipeg's negotiation list meaning if he wants to play in canada this year the bombers get the first shot at him :D Clarrett would have to play for montreal... They suck anyways though :shifty:

AlphaBean
04-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Yea I heard two things about Winslow...both from watching ESPN I think. One guy thought he wouldn't be a good fit because in Gibbs offense its more like the TE blocks a lot and catches balls sometimes. He thought that Wilson would be better off in a system where the TE caughtest balls 1st and blocks second.

I DUNNO THO then like 2 days later I heard a diffferent guy say he would be a perfect fit the "H-Back" spot...I don't really know too much about the H-Back stuff tho

When you're in a Gibbs system, which the Vikings have, you will want an H-back and a prototypical TE. Like, Mark Bruener or Jimmy Kleinsasser or Hunter Goodwin are all really great blocking TEs, so you get the pass catcher, i.e. BYRON CHAMBERLAIN, who was the pimp in MN two years ago. Then he got penalized, allowing Hunter Goodwin to start in Kleinsasser's spot, and putting Kleinsasser as the H-back, which worked out well. Kleinsasser has very soft hands and can run like a truck after the catch.

So the H-back will sometimes motion into the fullback or singleback slot, and the TE will remain blocking, I think. That is in a 2-TE set, which the Vikings STOLE from Gibbs. :y:

Anyway yeah I'm looking at Gallery being #1, that's who my heart is telling me.

And Fitzgerald will be cool with Fatdumb in Arizona. I mean, one comes from Minnesota, the other used to coach us out of the Playoffs every year... it's a match made in heaven.

AlphaBean
04-22-2004, 07:28 PM
The university would have to file an appeal with the NCAA. And Williams would have to give back anything (money, car, etc) he got while he had an agent. So its possible, but this has never happened before. Considering the NFL told Williams it was OK to enter the draft, I think he has a shot.

That better ****ing happen.

And if it does, look to Mike Williams being top 5.

VonErich Lives
04-22-2004, 07:52 PM
I'd like to see Williams go back for another year, but can't blame him if he plays a year in Canada.

Archie Mannings and idiot... I hope SD drafts Eli and just let him sit and rot... they wont...

WTF, SD has a great RB and some good players, he could help build the team... instead looks like a Giant... Hope he gets a Thiesman injury... Sorry, you go where your drafted... Hopefully he bitch slaps his old man.

MoRcHeEbA
04-22-2004, 07:54 PM
lol, it's like Jerry Mcguire

MoRcHeEbA
04-22-2004, 07:57 PM
I'd like to see Williams go back for another year, but can't blame him if he plays a year in Canada.

Archie Mannings and idiot... I hope SD drafts Eli and just let him sit and rot... they wont...

WTF, SD has a great RB and some good players, he could help build the team... instead looks like a Giant... Hope he gets a Thiesman injury... Sorry, you go where your drafted... Hopefully he bitch slaps his old man.

I agree, people should always finish school, but if it's more hassle then it's worth I could understand coming to canada for a year.. I mean Williams is going to be a great reciever in the NFL, and the CFL can get him ready for the "real" football type deal. Plus I'll get to meet him in the bar :shifty:

If I were san diego unless I got some amazing deal I wouldn't be passing on Manning.

PureHatred
04-22-2004, 09:07 PM
The CFL isn't "real" football. The game is too different. If he doesn't get a chance to return to school (NCAA's are way closer to NFL football than anything else) than he should sit out a year stay in shape and not risk the injury.

Clarett is the one in bad shape. His stock as an NFL prospect was already lousy. His work-outs have been mediocre. He's already taken one year off from playing football because of his problems at OSO. Basically, this was a guy projected as a third rounder at best and now he's looking at another year w/o playing football...he needs to sign with the CFL just to show teams he's got the desire to play.

Crimson
04-23-2004, 12:14 AM
I think Williams will be allowed back at USC. He'll be a sure top 3 pick next year .

It sucks for the Chargers that Eli is threatning to sit out the year if they draft him,players should just go out, get drafted, deal with it and play football. It affects them so much that now they probably won't be able to trade the pick to the Giants because they know SD won't draft Eli. And the Raiders and Cards say they won't take a QB. At least if this was kept on the downlow the Chargers could threaten to pick him and make trade offers. So they should probably draft Fitzgerald I think, and the Raiders are stupid if they don't take Manning.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Manning is pulling an Elway

The Outlaw
04-23-2004, 01:11 AM

Well I mean Im just guessing here but I guess they dont want him to become another Drew Brees

A team that has no O-Line = a quarterback's worst nightmare my friend

The Outlaw
04-23-2004, 01:12 AM
Also it's being said that IF SD drafts him he will sit out a year

AlphaBean
04-23-2004, 01:59 AM
If Eli has discipline problems, WHO THE **** wants to play for Marty Schottenheimer?

Which is funny that they're actually going to prefer playing for TOM CAUGHLIN.

Try getting on the Cards, Eli. Denny loves his skill positions.

VonErich Lives
04-23-2004, 03:45 AM
I agree, people should always finish school, but if it's more hassle then it's worth I could understand coming to canada for a year.. I mean Williams is going to be a great reciever in the NFL, and the CFL can get him ready for the "real" football type deal. Plus I'll get to meet him in the bar :shifty:

If I were san diego unless I got some amazing deal I wouldn't be passing on Manning.

I think I'd go back to school (if allowed) yes, he risks injury and no money, on the otherhand, he wont make much in Canada (I don't know the pay scale, but I don't think it's huge?) and he still risks injury, but also will play against possible better players... I dunno... it's a marketing v. money standpoint.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Who is to say he would even want to play in Canada?

VonErich Lives
04-23-2004, 06:28 PM
If Eli has discipline problems, WHO THE **** wants to play for Marty Schottenheimer?

Which is funny that they're actually going to prefer playing for TOM CAUGHLIN.

Try getting on the Cards, Eli. Denny loves his skill positions.

Thats an interesting point... I can't see Caughlin drafting him now, not w/ this going on...

So, let's say SD doesn't take him... they either go WR and give Brees a target or go OL to protect him and now say Cauglin doesn't want him... How far does he drop? Green claims he wont take a QB in round #1... could Parcells maybe know his old man and take a shot? or SF? what if he makes it to Buffalo... think he wants to go to a place where he'll sit on the bench for a year...

The Icon of Elisim
04-23-2004, 07:47 PM
I would bet that Manning would go to Oakland if San Diego passed up on him

PureHatred
04-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Well, if you believe ESPN & Kiper, Manning isn't even the top QB on a lot of teams' boards. So if San Diego doesn't take Eli, the Giants probably won't have to move to get 'their guy.' It would probably go Gallery, Roy Williams to Oakland, Fitzgerald to AZ, then Manning to the Giants.

AlphaBean
04-23-2004, 08:41 PM
I want to see Fitzgerald in a Raiders uniform, just to piss in the Cardinals and Denny's cheerios.

I want to see lots of swerves. Like, Winslow goes first. I would love to see the Lions blow the 6th pick on a HB. I want to see lots of overrated CBs taken in the top 20 so the Vikings can get an elite end or nosetackle.

I also want the Giants to pick a great big bust at QB, so that they watch Collins win on another team while their QB ****s them in the ass like Chris Wienke.

OssMan
04-24-2004, 12:11 AM
I wanna see Lesnar get drafted.

Crimson
04-24-2004, 12:33 AM
Lol

"With the number one pick in the 2004 NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers select... Brock Lesnar out of the university of Minnesota!"

Crowd= You tapped out!! You tapped out!
Boomer and ESPN guys= :|

The Icon of Elisim
04-24-2004, 12:55 AM
So whats the start time for this?

PureHatred
04-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Tomorrow Noon EST

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-24-2004, 03:07 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/nfl/img7277409.jpg

PureHatred
04-24-2004, 03:26 AM
Every year there is so much interest in QB's. I don't think any of the known QB's in this draft - Manning, Rivers, Rothlesberger (sp?) - are going to be anything special. When people look back on this draft the impact players are going to be guys like Sean Taylor, Robert Gallery, Kellen Winslow, and one of these wideouts.

This years QB's are overrated.

AlphaBean
04-24-2004, 03:29 AM
Roy and Fitzgerald are both going to be amazing... at least I hope so. I love them both.

And WILFORK will dominate once he gets his act together. Hopefully that will be soon.

PureHatred
04-24-2004, 03:32 AM
See..that's what I mean. These are the gus that are going to make an impact. ESPN can interview Eli mnning 15687 times between now and tomorrow and its still not goignt o turn him into Peyton. None of these QB's are anything special, and if I were San Diego I'd be picking Gallery and planning to run "Tomlinson over left tackle" about 20 times a game.

AlphaBean
04-24-2004, 05:58 AM
See..that's what I mean. These are the gus that are going to make an impact. ESPN can interview Eli mnning 15687 times between now and tomorrow and its still not goignt o turn him into Peyton. None of these QB's are anything special, and if I were San Diego I'd be picking Gallery and planning to run "Tomlinson over left tackle" about 20 times a game.

I hear reports of Eli being "a good QB but nowhere near as mature or cerebral as Peyton..."

And think about it... Peyton really is just an okay quarterback, if he wasn't so ****ing smart... so take away the brains and what do you have?

Jeff George? o_O

Isn't Rivers the one with the unorthodox release, but has cannonball strength and pinpoint accuracy? I mean one of these QBs could be a sleeper, but you're right about none of them being a sure thing. I'd say Rivers will be the sleeper.

But then it's like the HB situation.... Jackson will go #6 even though he SHOULD go 2nd round, I'm pretty sure if you look at lots of the teams around the league, you don't need to draft a franchise QB. Vikings had revolving QBs, and a retired ex Quarterback named Randall Cunningham came in and led them to the highest-scoring offense in the history of the NFL... you just gotta get a smart QB who can fit into your system, that way you can draft IMPACT players in all positions who can start and contribute IMMEDIATELY, and then focus on QB in free agency. You'll always have at least one sitting around... one who's been cut because he was "getting old."

Quarterbacks never get old.

VonErich Lives
04-24-2004, 08:46 AM
My fav all-time Kiper moment was like 10yrs ago. Indy made a 1st round pick and Kiper said it was a bad pick. The GM from indy comes up and rips into Kiper "Who are you, where did you play, what do you know" etc.... was really funny.

MoRcHeEbA
04-24-2004, 01:29 PM
lol @ Manning

6to1
04-24-2004, 01:41 PM
poor guy will be hated for the rest of his life by charger fans

DaveWadding
04-24-2004, 01:53 PM
FITZGERALD MOTHERFU</>CKERS

The Miz
04-24-2004, 02:14 PM
giants just traded rivers to the chargers for manning. :o

6to1
04-24-2004, 02:19 PM
now can manning handle new york media

The Icon of Elisim
04-24-2004, 02:36 PM
I don't know what Cleveland is thinking, giving a second rounder to move up one spot

The Icon of Elisim
04-24-2004, 02:46 PM
BTW if Roethesberger ends up a Steeler I'm gonna flip out (in joy)

Boomer
04-24-2004, 02:46 PM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeee falcons have defense now.......wonderfullllllll

I woulda loved williams though

The Outlaw
04-24-2004, 02:54 PM
giants just traded rivers to the chargers for manning. :o

Good move

Rivers is a beast I think

The Miz
04-24-2004, 02:55 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO REGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGIE

jags just picked the future all time leader in receiving yards

6to1
04-24-2004, 03:01 PM
BTW if Roethesberger ends up a Steeler I'm gonna flip out (in joy)
looks like the steelers will finely get a qb

The Icon of Elisim
04-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Good move

Rivers is a beast I think

Not to mention the three picks

Crimson
04-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Hopefully Steven Jackson falls to the Cowboys.

KingofOldSchool
04-24-2004, 03:46 PM
FITZGERALD MOTHERFU</>CKERS

Great.

Now all they need is a QB to get the ball to him and Boldin. :y:

DaveWadding
04-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Hopefully Steven Jackson falls to the Cowboys.

Won't happen. The Broncs are gonna take him.

Yashamaga
04-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey Stima I bet the pats get that Gamble guy

DaveWadding
04-24-2004, 04:07 PM
looks like the Caboys got Steve Jackson.

AlphaBean
04-24-2004, 04:11 PM
OH SHIT VIKINGS WILL GET UDEZE OR WILFORK. :drool:

I will get a Wilfork Jersey... but I doubt the Vikings will want 3 DTs.

Hovan needs to move to end, he's an End talent in a Tackle body... but WILFORK will take up two blockers, K-Dub can break through a triple team and Hovan can beat ANY tackle off the snap.

Put our other awesome Ends in the equation, and pray Mixon doesn't go to prison... and our line will be orgasmic.

Hell, even with Udeze there, whatcha gonna do brother?

DaveWadding
04-24-2004, 04:24 PM
I though Udeze would fall to STL at 26 :-\

Crimson
04-24-2004, 04:25 PM
Wooo Cowboys better take Jackson :mad:

New England will probably get Gamble , ****in Patriots are gonna repeat :mad:

Yashamaga
04-24-2004, 04:41 PM
I will get a Wilfork Jersey...

Well it's gonna be a Pats jersey

:cool:

Yashamaga
04-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Let's get Gamble at 32

Crimson
04-24-2004, 04:55 PM
WHATTTTTT ****IN COWBOYS U IDIOTS

Crimson
04-24-2004, 04:57 PM
WHy on earth when we need a RB so bad would we trade it away . Although we get a 1st next year, we needed Jackson NOW. :|

road doggy dogg
04-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Williams, not a bad first pick :cool:

Sensei Of Mattitude
04-24-2004, 05:03 PM
F U C K Dallas

E
A
G
L
E
S
EAGLES!

Supreme Olajuwon
04-24-2004, 05:12 PM
where are the Madden commercials this year? Those were great.

BENGALS ON THE CLOCK

Sensei Of Mattitude
04-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Anyone think that the Titans will take Stephen Jackson?

#1-norm-fan
04-24-2004, 05:20 PM
I can't believe Dallas just traded away their pick of any RB in the draft. Jesus F'ing Christ. WTF.

#1-norm-fan
04-24-2004, 05:21 PM
And there he goes to the Rams. GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

Supreme Olajuwon
04-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Bengals trading down again. I like it. Marvin makes me happy

#1-norm-fan
04-24-2004, 05:31 PM
And they HAD to run that Jackson video and talk about him and his dad loving the Cowboys just before they TRADED THE FU</>CKING PICK AWAY!!! Coming into the draft I was gonna be happy with drafting either of the Jones' but they had to go and make me want Jackson. AGH!!!

The Outlaw
04-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Jackson will learn a lot in STL me thinks

LOL did anyone hear the Dallas fans when they announced the trade? :lol:

The Icon of Elisim
04-24-2004, 05:43 PM
Perry to Cinci, didn't see that one coming

Supreme Olajuwon
04-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Perry is a decent choice. Rudi is a UFA next year and I like how Marvin is going for quantity

road doggy dogg
04-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Perry to the Bengals, nice. I wish he would've gone to the Lions, since they don't have any runningbacks now (well they do, but 3 unproven guys and the over-rated Gary)

Oh well, I suppose getting another WR was more important. Harrington, Rogers, and Williams will be a good trio :drool:

Yashamaga
04-24-2004, 06:16 PM
damn

who's left that's still good?

(p.s. RED SOX yesss)

Evil Vito
04-24-2004, 06:25 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Eli Manning on the Giants, motherphuckers.</font> :cool:

Yashamaga
04-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Shawntae Spencer

I want him (he's probably good)

Yashamaga
04-24-2004, 06:30 PM
rdd should be happy with that

Supreme Olajuwon
04-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Kevin Jones is a solid running back. If he learns how to block he'll be even better

The Icon of Elisim
04-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Love how Dallas walks out without a top 3 running back

Yashamaga
04-24-2004, 06:38 PM
last pick, let's go Pats

Yashamaga
04-24-2004, 06:45 PM
BEN WHO

KingofOldSchool
04-24-2004, 06:48 PM
LOL @ The Colts taking a WR in the 1st round

Way to go home team...

Supreme Olajuwon
04-24-2004, 06:59 PM
They traded it

and Jenkins is the man

Evil Vito
04-24-2004, 07:02 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Guard Chris Snee to the Giants, good move, they need offensive linemen</font>

Supreme Olajuwon
04-24-2004, 07:09 PM
dammit the Steelers got Coclough

I wanted him

#1-norm-fan
04-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Well coming in, I was liking the thought of Dallas maybe drafting Greg Jones. I watched the Senior Bowl and the guy was an animal. Of course, now I'm pissed about Jackson actually being available and Dallas just letting him go but I guess I could get over it if they draft Jones.

#1-norm-fan
04-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Meh. Julius Jones is good I guess. Dammit. Most depressing draft... EVER!

The Outlaw
04-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Detroit whatttt

Crimson
04-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Meh. Julius Jones is good I guess. Dammit. Most depressing draft... EVER!

Yea it's right up there. I remember one year Jerry Jones just kept on trading down like 2 or 3 straight times. Julius Jones ain't bad...but Jackson is a lot better. Well next year with 2 first rounders hopefully they don't blow it.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Detroit's draft is looking real good so far

VonErich Lives
04-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Julius Jones is a great pick in round #2 for Dallas...

As for Ben Watson, he runs a 4.4 40yd dash at 250lbs.

I wouldn't be shocked if they try and get him to slim down a little and maybe try him at WR.

On the other hand Graham has trouble holding onto the ball and Fauria is like 32yrd old...

Crimson
04-24-2004, 08:08 PM
I liked Troupe better than Watson. But maybe it was because troupe couldn't block a housecat if he needed to.

I hope the 'boys go for o-line or a CB with this next pick. Derrick Strait baby c'monnnn. Or hopefully Jacob Rogers too.

6to1
04-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Julius Jones is a great pick in round #2 for Dallas...

As for Ben Watson, he runs a 4.4 40yd dash at 250lbs.

I wouldn't be shocked if they try and get him to slim down a little and maybe try him at WR.

On the other hand Graham has trouble holding onto the ball and Fauria is like 32yrd old...
yea jones was a damm good rb he was the only thing noterdame had.

The Miz
04-24-2004, 08:15 PM
TUBBS. good pick for the hawks. we didn't have any defensive tackles.

road doggy dogg
04-24-2004, 08:48 PM
NICE Kevin Jones. Wow I'm liking Detroit's draft this yearrrrr

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-24-2004, 08:53 PM
WILFORK :drool: :drool: :drool:

YEAHH

LOL@Cowboys passing up Steven Jackson and picking up Greg Jones. When Greg Jones played Miami (Prostyle speed on D) he didn't do shit. Jones is just ****ing jacked, but NFL teams wont have any trouble stopping him I think.

Supreme Olajuwon
04-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Dallas got Julius Jones from Notre Dame. Thomas' brother

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Oh my B

I thought somebody said they got Greg Jones

Julius Jones is the man..my mistake

Who got Greg Jones then?

The Outlaw
04-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Jacksonville got Greg Jones

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img7280826.jpg

:drool:

PureHatred
04-25-2004, 12:11 AM
****!!! Julius Jones was an average college RB. The Cowboys passed on Steven Jackson ( who ends up backing up Faulk in St Loius..WTF?) in order to get an extra DT and pick up this idiot. SUNOFABITC</>H!!!

**neels quietly and apologizes for doubting the wisdom of the Tuna**

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Jones could end up being pretty good. Wasn't he the guy that was like nasty for 1 or 2 years left the team for like a year and came back? Or am I thinking of a different player

Gotta check out a draft recap so far...I haven't been home for a while

AlphaBean
04-25-2004, 03:13 AM
Well it's gonna be a Pats jersey

Which means **** THAT.

At least I can get a Gamble jersey in Carolina ;)

But Dillon and Wilfork ARE DEAD TO ME.

AlphaBean
04-25-2004, 03:15 AM
Last year the Lions had one of the best drafts of any team.

WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT.

Don't underestimate the Lions' dedication to losing.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-25-2004, 05:34 AM
At least I can get a Gamble jersey in Carolina ;)PATS > PANTHERS

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-25-2004, 05:38 AM
Winslow is already talking shit saying Washington is gonna get theres because they promised him they would pick him but they didn't

HE IS A ****ING SOLIDER

Excellance of Execution
04-25-2004, 09:06 AM
I'm pretty stoked about my teams draft (buffalo). We picked up Lee Evans, who imo, was one of the best receivers in the draft. Only behind Roy Williams and Fitzgerald. Evans is by far the quickest and he will be able to contribute immediately, streching the field. I also liked us trading up to take Losman. Early in the College year Losman was projected as being the best QB in college. He has a very strong arm, and is very mobile. They say his only downside is that he has a cocky attitude, but i like that. QB's need that. Marino, Elway, Kelly and alot of other great QB's had a cocky swagger to them. I just hope we pick up Jason Peter's (Huge TE with tons of potentials) with our pick today. Anyway, i can't wait for the football season to start.

Boomer
04-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Falcons had a way better day than I expected them to. Roy Williams was my hope, but we ended up getting Jenkins and DeAngelo Hall and a backup QB, which were all obvious needs for the Falcons. And what's funny is that they got Jenkins for basically nothing. They lost a 2nd rounder to get a first and traded away extra picks in the third and fourth. They still have 3 picks left, and they are are ALL TOP 10 PICKS.

That's what I call a trade yo.

Evil Vito
04-25-2004, 12:18 PM
<font color=goldenrod>That Reggie Torbor guy looks pretty good (Giants just selected him at pick #97, he's a linebacker from Auburn)</font>

AlphaBean
04-25-2004, 02:55 PM
First off, if you think about it, Julius Jones is supposed to have attitude problems...

But I mean come on. Keyshawn Johnson, Lawrence Taylor, Terry Glenn. Tuna will beat the attitude out of you. If you play for Parcells and still don't play your absolute best, then you are not coachable, and are better off working at Dairy Queen.

:y:

Anyway, the Vikings picked up some awesome D players. Donterrius Thomas and Darrion Scott, both ranked really high on the board. Nat Dorsey was projected for 2nd round at OT, I was surprised he dropped... Mewelde Moore sounds like a good pick for a versatile Moe Williams type...

But wtf, Rodney Davis? What's the point? Another halfback? He's not even rated. I don't get that pick at all.

Thomas Tapeh was drafted a few picks after him, and he's a hometown guy. Why not get him? :rant:

PureHatred
04-25-2004, 03:09 PM
I don't give fu</>ck about Julius Jones' atitude. On his talent alone, he was like the 7th or 8th RB on most scouts' boards. The only reason most fans know his name is that he was on national TV his entire career at Notre Daem. ESPN.com and CBSSportsline.com are already calling the Cowboys one of the losers on the first day of the draft.

You went 10-6, made the playoffs, have a much easier schedule this season, and could take a real step forward, so you start trading picks for NEXT SEASON???

Hopefully, the scouts are wrong and Jones does a better job than Hambrick did last season. But right now, this looks like a total bonehead move.

The Outlaw
04-25-2004, 03:39 PM
<font color=goldenrod>That Reggie Torbor guy looks pretty good (Giants just selected him at pick #97, he's a linebacker from Auburn)</font>

Yeah, all of Auburn's linebackers were nasty.

He didn't get much exposure because Dansby and Thomas got all the hype, but he's a pretty good LB.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-25-2004, 03:44 PM
I thought he was a defenisve end? #82 right?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Pats drafted P.K. Sam from FSU...and they got a safety from Florida

ALSO they got Wilfork from Miami

Clean sweep of all the nasty teams in Florida

VonErich Lives
04-25-2004, 03:52 PM
I don't give fu</>ck about Julius Jones' atitude. On his talent alone, he was like the 7th or 8th RB on most scouts' boards. The only reason most fans know his name is that he was on national TV his entire career at Notre Daem. ESPN.com and CBSSportsline.com are already calling the Cowboys one of the losers on the first day of the draft.

You went 10-6, made the playoffs, have a much easier schedule this season, and could take a real step forward, so you start trading picks for NEXT SEASON???

Hopefully, the scouts are wrong and Jones does a better job than Hambrick did last season. But right now, this looks like a total bonehead move.

I think Jones is underated, and the boys got a good pick.

As for the trades. They were good deals.

he got a 2nd and 5th this year and a 1st next year from the bills for a first this year. W/ the bills being in the AFC East, I wouldn't be shocked if they pick lower the 22 next year.

So, 3 picks for 1.

The other he got a 6th and 7th for a 5th.

They need bodies, so that helps also.

Parcells when he was w/ the Pats and Jets tried the "win now" and screwed things up. Salary cap problems, lack of depth, etc... I think he's trying not to do that w/ the Cowboys.

The Outlaw
04-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah P.K. Sam is a pretty good athlete

yeah my b, Torbor is a defensive end but I figure they will move him to Linebacker

Also Michael Turner is a steal for San Diego in the fifth round. Hes a beast

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Quincy Wilson from West Virigina in the 7th round

GOD DAMN...He is ****in nasty

Evil Vito
04-25-2004, 06:45 PM
<font color=goldenrod>LOL, I don't remember what team it was, but at the bottom of the creen it said that somebody drafted Nathan Jones.</font> :lol:

KingofOldSchool
04-25-2004, 07:03 PM
"With the last pick of the 2004 NFL Draft *insert team here* selects...Brock Lesnar...*

Lesnar: WHAT?! I got picked LAST?!?! AAAHHHHHHH!!

*F5's someone*

#1-norm-fan
04-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Hopefully, the scouts are wrong and Jones does a better job than Hambrick did last season.

I would be willing to bet that Jones will do better than Hambrick did last year.

... I would be willing to bet MY GRANDMA could do better than Hambrick did last year.

... I would be willing to bet any dead relatives of mine could do better than Hambrick did last year.

#1-norm-fan
04-25-2004, 08:43 PM
<font color=goldenrod>LOL, I don't remember what team it was, but at the bottom of the creen it said that somebody drafted Nathan Jones.</font> :lol:

lol. Dallas drafted CB Nathan Jones in the 7th round.

NO RECIEVER CAN SHAKE THE COLOSSUS OF BOGGA ROAD!

KingofOldSchool
04-25-2004, 08:47 PM
lol. Dallas drafted CB Nathan Jones in the 7th round.

NO RECIEVER CAN SHAKE THE COLOSSUS OF BOGGA ROAD!

Watch as he falls right on his ass during the his very first NFL game!

The Miz
04-25-2004, 09:40 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 02:23 AM
Someone want to tell me why the hell the Vikings picked two Halfbacks in a row when Tice said before the draft, QB and HB were the two positions the Vikings did NOT need depth in?

:irked:

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 02:31 AM
Okay so on the draft board it said the Vikings got two HBs.

Now only one.

:nono:

Ah well.

PureHatred
04-26-2004, 02:34 AM
Hey, at least they made all their picks on time this year. ;)

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 04:39 AM
Baltimore had a trade on the table for Leftwich and pulled the trade off the table at the last minute.

I don't get it. Why did the Vikings deal picks with the Ravens this year? I would tell them to go **** themselves after making us look like idiots.

However, the Ravens lost their pick this year for BOLLER, and the Vikings have picked up blue chippers the last three years. This year, getting the best end available, who is still young and has a lot of room to grow, yet has the technique of a polished veteran.

You can talk to me about the stupidity of two years ago, but last year they got dogged by the Ravens and the media turned it into a matter of unpreparedness, which is untrue.

I mean hey, if Miami would have backed out of the trade with us, we would have been screwed again probably. So we lucked out there. :y:

#1-norm-fan
04-26-2004, 04:42 AM
There's no way Baltimore would have gotten Leftwich for all the tea in China.

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 05:08 AM
They were on the phone with the Vikings. They backed out of it at the last minute and the Vikings missed their time, which allowed two teams to pick -- one of them was Jax who got Leftwich. Baltimore wanted him, sucka.

Oh and I forgot, the Ravens are shady assholes in the personnell department because of the Terrell Owens deal, too. Going behind Owens' back to trade for him like that, when they knew he wanted to go to Philly. They knew it, but Newsome pulled off what was an awesome move, but still very shady, and ended up kicking them in the ass.

#1-norm-fan
04-26-2004, 05:24 AM
Oh. I thought you were talking about this year, as in the Ravens were trying to trade for Leftwich.

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 05:43 AM
:nono:

VonErich Lives
04-26-2004, 09:22 AM
They were on the phone with the Vikings. They backed out of it at the last minute and the Vikings missed their time, which allowed two teams to pick -- one of them was Jax who got Leftwich. Baltimore wanted him, sucka.

Oh and I forgot, the Ravens are shady assholes in the personnell department because of the Terrell Owens deal, too. Going behind Owens' back to trade for him like that, when they knew he wanted to go to Philly. They knew it, but Newsome pulled off what was an awesome move, but still very shady, and ended up kicking them in the ass.

Shady? Owens was traded, he should have gone there and played. Owens and his agent are Shady, and also don't know how to read a calander.

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Shady? Owens was traded, he should have gone there and played. Owens and his agent are Shady, and also don't know how to read a calander.

Not getting out of his contract was stupid.

But remember: Teams tend to court trade bait. They don't go behind their backs. Newsome KNEW Owens is a loose cannon, yet he went behind his back and traded him without talking to him first, OR his agent. He just talked to the 'Niners. It was not the way you're supposed to do things.

Remember, Portis, Bailey, Brunell etc. all had contracts signed before they were even traded. When you do something all clanedstine like Newsome did, *I* would be pissed, too! You take the player out of the equation and treat him like a piece of property, and when you're a guy like Owens, how are you supposed to take that? I'm sorry, I don't think Owens is a stand-up guy by ANY means. But I know that he had every right to be mad at the Ravens for what they did.

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 03:21 PM
The way I see it, the Vikings drafted 20th. They didn't have a million picks like the Pats. They made due with what they got, and got amazing players.

Detroit and Arizona? OF COURSE they did well in the draft. Holy shit. How can you not when you were that piss-poor last season?

I don't count them as draft winners. :cool: They could have drafted anyone and been winners, with how high they drafted.

VonErich Lives
04-26-2004, 06:22 PM
The way I see it, the Vikings drafted 20th. They didn't have a million picks like the Pats. They made due with what they got, and got amazing players.

Detroit and Arizona? OF COURSE they did well in the draft. Holy shit. How can you not when you were that piss-poor last season?

I don't count them as draft winners. :cool: They could have drafted anyone and been winners, with how high they drafted.

See, I have to tip my hat to the Lions, I was very suprised... they did well, the trades are where I give them credit, I mean anyone can draft where they did (although the Lions would normally screw it up).

But they raped the Browns for a player they didn't even want.

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 07:08 PM
See, I have to tip my hat to the Lions, I was very suprised... they did well, the trades are where I give them credit, I mean anyone can draft where they did (although the Lions would normally screw it up).

But they raped the Browns for a player they didn't even want.

Yeah hahahahaha trading your first two picks for Winslow.

Although I would, you know. He's worth it... all ****ing soldiers are worth the first two picks. :yes:

The Icon of Elisim
04-26-2004, 07:57 PM
ROFL @ Tom Coughlin drafting the guy who knocked up his daughter

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 08:09 PM
He's probably going to sign him to a long-term contract and bench him.

Or, put him on special teams so he shortens his career.

Or something really great.

road doggy dogg
04-26-2004, 08:11 PM
LOL @ people hating on the Lions

Just because they had probably the best draft this year doesn't mean you gotta bitch about them.

The Outlaw
04-26-2004, 08:16 PM
I was kind of bummed that Shaud didn't get drafted by anyone :(

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Lions had a great draft last year too and look where it got them.

Good drafts mean shit if you're still lacking where it counts...

(o-line, quarterback, possibly halfback since rookies don't usually make an impact)

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Oh not to mention TE, D-line, linebacker and safety.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Lions are rebuilding, thats all

ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY

or something like that

AlphaBean
04-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Lions are rebuilding, thats all

ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY

or something like that

They've been rebuilding for like 50 years.

:D

Eh I'm just jealous. Mooch is going to turn them around. :(

At least the PACKERS are going downhill fast. :wave: Favre.

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2004, 01:01 AM
Mel Kiper didn't even rank Detroit as having one of the top 3 drafts. He put Cincy, Houston, and Atlanta as his top 3. What a 'tard.

Detroit and Buffalo came out the best after the draft IMO. And Cincy had FAR from the best draft. They drafted a RB in the first round. I guess cause that Rudi Johnson guy sucks so much. :wtf:

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2004, 01:02 AM

Umm... no they aren't.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-27-2004, 01:03 AM
orrrrr they wanted a capable back up since they just lost a marquee running back and are moving Rudi Johnson to the full time 16 game starter

Yashamaga
04-27-2004, 01:11 AM
since they just lost a marquee running back

whaaaaat pats

Zen
04-27-2004, 01:31 AM
This years draft was the first one I watched as it was going on, and it was pretty entertaining. Espically the start with Manning and the Chargers.

The teams that really made out well were the Lions, Patriots, Raiders, and maybe the Bills. The Lions espically are the MVP of this years draft... the Mooch is a genious... a certified genious I tell you

AlphaBean
04-27-2004, 01:46 AM
orrrrr they wanted a capable back up since they just lost a marquee running back and are moving Rudi Johnson to the full time 16 game starter

I gotta admit, as I did in the other thread, Chris Perry wasn't that bad of a pick for where he was picked. There wasn't a lot of talent right there, to tell the truth.

AlphaBean
04-27-2004, 01:53 AM
Umm... no they aren't.

They are gradually getting worse at every position. Once Favre's age catches up with him, they've got nothing, really. McKenzie wants out, their WR corps without Favre will be shown to be the weakest in the league.

Everyone is just waiting for Favre to finally quit. As he gets older, he won't be able to handle the cold-weather games.

And think about it... throwing so many draft picks at the CB slot, and still can't stop Moss... they made it into the playoffs on a :'( fluke and because Denver bent over for them. They won't be so lucky this year. They have Favre, but I pick the Lions to beat the Pack out for 2nd in the NFC North.

VonErich Lives
04-27-2004, 04:02 AM
Buffalo came out the best after the draft

Sorry, you just lost credibility there...

There's a chance that QB may turn out, but won't be for a few years, everyone says he's immature and just listening to him, so far I agree. Plus they gave up to much to get him, if they wanted to go QB, they could have gone for a better QB.

Friend of mine is a big bills fan, was happy when they traded back into the first, was pissed when the took that QB, he still would have been there in round #2 or possible later.

I like the WR, but w/o line help, Bledsoe won't get the ball to them.

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2004, 04:13 AM
You may be right VEL about that J.P. whatshisname. The QB Buffalo picked up. A friend of mine was just telling me how he heard an interview with him where he was calling himself the next Bret Favre. :|

AlphaBean
04-27-2004, 06:00 AM
Brett Favre threw what, 20 INT his first season? And he was erratic and a loose cannon before Holmgren. Losman could be Favre, but without a Holmgren to lead him, he'll become what Favre could have been. ;)

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Brett Favre threw what, 20 INT his first season? And he was erratic and a loose cannon before Holmgren. Losman could be Favre, but without a Holmgren to lead him, he'll become what Favre could have been. ;)

That's not the point. Something about a guy who hasn't even played his first pro game comparing himself to one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game just says "conceided asshole" to me.

AlphaBean
04-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Hahahahaha but think about it!

It's GREAT that he has a mouth. I hope he jaws at D-linemen when he's young...

That will be awesome.

Excellance of Execution
04-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Sorry, you just lost credibility there...

There's a chance that QB may turn out, but won't be for a few years, everyone says he's immature and just listening to him, so far I agree. Plus they gave up to much to get him, if they wanted to go QB, they could have gone for a better QB.

Friend of mine is a big bills fan, was happy when they traded back into the first, was pissed when the took that QB, he still would have been there in round #2 or possible later.

I like the WR, but w/o line help, Bledsoe won't get the ball to them.
I have to disagree with you here. I've been a bills fan for a long time and followed this draft intently. They traded up to get Losman because Green Bay or St. Louis was going to get him. Think about it this way: They traded a 2nd and 5th this year and a 1st next year. They were going to need a QB next year so in a sense they gave up there 1st next year (which they would have used on a QB anyway in a much weaker class) and their 2nd and 5th are pretty much used on getting the qb they wanted and giving him a year's experiance under bledsoe learning buffalo's system. Pretty smart move if you ask me. As for Losman, he is extremely smart person, check out his wonderlic score, he scored quite well compared to the other qb's. As for his attitude, i think a qb needs a little ' i think i'm the best swagger' Dan Marino had it, Jim Kelly had it among many other's. Qb's need to be able to chew out their team mates when they f*ck up and also be man enough to take the blame for their own mistakes, that's what Losman brings to the table. Whether he pan's out or not, who know's, but i like him and think he will be really good IMO.

VonErich Lives
04-27-2004, 11:54 AM
I have to disagree with you here. I've been a bills fan for a long time and followed this draft intently. They traded up to get Losman because Green Bay or St. Louis was going to get him. Think about it this way: They traded a 2nd and 5th this year and a 1st next year. They were going to need a QB next year so in a sense they gave up there 1st next year (which they would have used on a QB anyway in a much weaker class) and their 2nd and 5th are pretty much used on getting the qb they wanted and giving him a year's experiance under bledsoe learning buffalo's system. Pretty smart move if you ask me. As for Losman, he is extremely smart person, check out his wonderlic score, he scored quite well compared to the other qb's. As for his attitude, i think a qb needs a little ' i think i'm the best swagger' Dan Marino had it, Jim Kelly had it among many other's. Qb's need to be able to chew out their team mates when they f*ck up and also be man enough to take the blame for their own mistakes, that's what Losman brings to the table. Whether he pan's out or not, who know's, but i like him and think he will be really good IMO.

Time will tell, but they could have gotten JP in round 2... and who knows, maybe he will be the next great QB... but from what I've read/seen... I don't think so.

The Outlaw
04-27-2004, 12:03 PM

DIE :mad:

I dunno Im a fan of JP. He's hella confident. There's a line between confident and cocky and I think he is right on that line.

We'll see how he does.

VonErich Lives
04-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Well, the Bills just redid Bledsoes contract, got rid of the roster bonus, but somehow made an agreement to last 2 years...

So, you gave up next years #1, and this years 2 & 5, for a guy who will probably sit on the bench for 2 years?

AlphaBean
04-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Bledsoe can be productive and "ok" for years. You can trade for an established QB or work the free agency.

You can win a superbowl without a franchise QB, if your team is strong enough.

You know how you fail to gain strength? WASTING ****ING DRAFT PICKS.

Trading your picks for a QB you want to replace? Trading your star WR for a pick you waste on a backup QB? Trading what, three draft picks for a QB, when you could have focused on many other needs?

The Vikings spend low-round picks on HBs and build them up. They go for best talent available, and have had two amazing drafts in a row. They traded down for more picks and got massive depth.

Bills lost out on depth for a GAMBLE AT QB. If he's not a star who brings them to the SB in 5 years or less, then it's a waste. Because a 1st, 2nd and 5th rounder could fill THREE holes, when QB isn't even a hole!

Knah mean?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Bills picked up McGahee in the 1st round last year, that worked out well lol

Not to mention they already HAVE a RB...so they got out and waste their 1st round pick on a guy who didnt even play all season, and plays the same position as the best offensive player on the team

AlphaBean
04-27-2004, 04:27 PM
They're talking trade. But seriously. WHY WORRY ABOUT A TRADE WHEN YOU CAN JUST DRAFT TALENT.

What the hell.

You traded Peerless Price so you could get McGahee.

You're going to trade Henry for what, 2nd round pick? To get what, a new WR when this year's one doesn't pan out?

Think about it -- if you drafted wisely last year, you wouldn't have to be drafting someone NEXT YEAR who will help the team the year AFTER that.

Losman is long-term. McGahee is long-term. Price was talent, Henry was talent, but meh.

Oh yeah, and Flutie was talent. :foc: Stupid Bills.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-27-2004, 10:06 PM
If Bledsoe has a good offensive line he could tear shit up..but when he has to create he sucks

I think the Bills should try to get the nastiest Oline possible, like put getting offensiveman above all else. Becuase if they don't have a really good OL they wont do shit with Bledsoe back there whether they got good WR or not

AlphaBean
04-28-2004, 03:32 AM
Exactly.

They could have Bledsoe up to 5 years from now, and every sack he takes shortens his career. They don't care. And they keep getting new HBs, they don't care. No line means no rushing attack or QB protection, **** that.

You lose three picks next year to get Losman, when you could spend all three on offensive line and put Bledsoe in the pro bowl.

Three picks! UNEXCUSEABLE.

Excellance of Execution
04-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Well, the Bills just redid Bledsoes contract, got rid of the roster bonus, but somehow made an agreement to last 2 years...

So, you gave up next years #1, and this years 2 & 5, for a guy who will probably sit on the bench for 2 years?
No different than on any other team. Cincy sat Palmer all last year, now he will get his chance. 9 times out of 10, young qb's will sit and learn the system before they get a chance to play. If nothing else, Losman will be a better backup than what Buffalo has now. A good backup qb is vital this day and age, it gives your team a chance to win if your starter gets hurt.

Excellance of Execution
04-28-2004, 12:00 PM
They're talking trade. But seriously. WHY WORRY ABOUT A TRADE WHEN YOU CAN JUST DRAFT TALENT.

What the hell.

You traded Peerless Price so you could get McGahee.

You're going to trade Henry for what, 2nd round pick? To get what, a new WR when this year's one doesn't pan out?

Think about it -- if you drafted wisely last year, you wouldn't have to be drafting someone NEXT YEAR who will help the team the year AFTER that.

Losman is long-term. McGahee is long-term. Price was talent, Henry was talent, but meh.
Oh yeah, and Flutie was talent. :foc: Stupid Bills.Who says who you draft will pan out anyway's? Look how many first round bust's their have been. As for Peerless Price, look what he did last year-NOTHING. He is nothing more than a 2nd or 3rd wide receiver. The only reason he did good in Buffalo was because Mould's was comanding double teams. As for trading Henry-Their are as many rumors that they could trade McGahee as their are for trading Henry. It's all speculation, if it happens they will get a 1st rounder for him. Look at them trading Peerless, they got a first rounder for him, and Henry has more more talent in his pinkie than Peerless has in his entire body. You talk about drafting wisely and making good moves, well than let's talk about your Vikes. They draft Udeze, who is reported to have a messed up shoulder, if you don't believe it, than why did a projected top 10 pick drop to 20? You knock Buffalo for drafting McGahee when it looks like Minnesoto did the same exact thing. The Vikes way overpaid for Antwain Winfield, i should know, i watched him play since his first game. The only thing he's got going for him is he's a good tackler. But you know what that means-He allows his receiver to catch the ball then makes the tackle. Look how many interceptions he had, not many. We can go all day on who made a good move and who didn't, but the bottom line is, no one can know what draft picks are going to pan out or if your teams make the right free-agent pickup. Like Chris Berman says "that's why they play the game".

Excellance of Execution
04-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Exactly.

They could have Bledsoe up to 5 years from now, and every sack he takes shortens his career. They don't care. And they keep getting new HBs, they don't care. No line means no rushing attack or QB protection, **** that.

You lose three picks next year to get Losman, when you could spend all three on offensive line and put Bledsoe in the pro bowl.

Three picks! UNEXCUSEABLE.
Get your fact's straight, What new hb did we get? We drafted a kid who is a wr/hb way late in the draft. The Vikes are the ones who draft Rb's like their going out of style. How many more did you guys draft this year? I atleast remember a couple. Don't you already have Robert Smith, Onterio Smith and Moe Williams? Sounds like you should waste picks on more rb's :lol: . They have addressed their O-line. Mike Williams was hurt last year and he will be back, they signed Villarial and they let Rueban Brown go, who was extremly unproductive last year because of laziness.
And for you knowledge we gave up a 1st next year, not three picks next year, do you homework before you state things you can't back up with fact's.

VonErich Lives
04-28-2004, 03:53 PM
No different than on any other team. Cincy sat Palmer all last year, now he will get his chance. 9 times out of 10, young qb's will sit and learn the system before they get a chance to play. If nothing else, Losman will be a better backup than what Buffalo has now. A good backup qb is vital this day and age, it gives your team a chance to win if your starter gets hurt.

Ok, please re-read what I posted... "2years" Bledsoes deal is belived to keep him in Buffalo for 2 years, JP will sit for 2years...

They could do much better w/ their drafting. They need a line, bledsoe makes mistakes when he has to force things under pressure.

AlphaBean
04-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Who says who you draft will pan out anyway's? Look how many first round bust's their have been. As for Peerless Price, look what he did last year-NOTHING. He is nothing more than a 2nd or 3rd wide receiver. The only reason he did good in Buffalo was because Mould's was comanding double teams. As for trading Henry-Their are as many rumors that they could trade McGahee as their are for trading Henry. It's all speculation, if it happens they will get a 1st rounder for him. Look at them trading Peerless, they got a first rounder for him, and Henry has more more talent in his pinkie than Peerless has in his entire body. You talk about drafting wisely and making good moves, well than let's talk about your Vikes. They draft Udeze, who is reported to have a messed up shoulder, if you don't believe it, than why did a projected top 10 pick drop to 20? You knock Buffalo for drafting McGahee when it looks like Minnesoto did the same exact thing. The Vikes way overpaid for Antwain Winfield, i should know, i watched him play since his first game. The only thing he's got going for him is he's a good tackler. But you know what that means-He allows his receiver to catch the ball then makes the tackle. Look how many interceptions he had, not many. We can go all day on who made a good move and who didn't, but the bottom line is, no one can know what draft picks are going to pan out or if your teams make the right free-agent pickup. Like Chris Berman says "that's why they play the game".

Peerless Price was the only WR on the Falcons, and Vick was hurt all season. Last season meant nothing. How come Bills fans are bitter about anyone who left their team?

Henry will not bring a 1st-rounder, because he is injury-prone, and he can't hold onto the ball. 2nd rounder at best, and why draft and then trade McGahee? Especially if he doesn't pan out? :nono: You don't draft just to trade. Draft for need, seriously.

Udeze was a top 10 talent who has "questions" about his shoulder. They were answered first by DOCTORS who cleared him, but also by a VERY GOOD bench press proving that his shoulder is NOT serious. He can play, and his talent is not in his strength (which he has a lot of) but his speed on the corner, his technique, his mind, his hands. He is the total package, he will play, he will compete, he will contribute and he will do well. He is not a project. But remember WILL SMITH was the top DE taken, and that was at 18 -- which is one above where the Vikings would have taken Udeze. Wilfork fell below that and he had no shoulder issues. The shoulder thing is bullshit. They got him at 20! They drafted for need, for the future, and got the best player available. Think about this: There were what, 7 WRs taken in the first round? Most teams drafted horribly by reaching for receivers. The Vikings didn't do that, so they got the best player available. The Vikings drafted well and the Bills did not. Deal with it.

Antoine Winfield WHEN HIS CONTRACT IS AT ITS HIGHEST, in six years, will count for 2.8 million dollars against the cap. UNDER THREE MILLION and he was the top free agent available. We didn't overpay for shit. We paid more for Denard Walker who was a nickelback talent at best. Some teams have great personnell directors, and the Vikings are one of those teams. The Vikings have like 15 mil cap room left, and that's after Winfield counted for like 11 million of it. They will not regret signing Winfield -- they have had shitty D-backs for years, he can only be an improvement.

Interceptions? He played man-to-man his entire career. When you're a shutdown corner you don't get interceptions. Interceptions come from players who play off and get burned. Winfield never gets burned, so he never gets interceptions. All he does is shuts down half of the field. THAT IS ALL. :lol:

Anglefan
04-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Alphabean, I find your posts insightful and enjoyable.

I also found the NFL draft enjoyable since 14 Ohio State players were drafted, breaking the record of 11 by Miami. Ohio State rules.

But the Browns were ridiculous for trading their second round pick to move up one spot when the team wasn't even going to ****ing take Winslow anyway. I wonder if he's related to Carl Winslow from Family Matters?

AlphaBean
04-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Get your fact's straight, What new hb did we get? We drafted a kid who is a wr/hb way late in the draft. The Vikes are the ones who draft Rb's like their going out of style. How many more did you guys draft this year? I atleast remember a couple. Don't you already have Robert Smith, Onterio Smith and Moe Williams? Sounds like you should waste picks on more rb's :lol: . They have addressed their O-line. Mike Williams was hurt last year and he will be back, they signed Villarial and they let Rueban Brown go, who was extremly unproductive last year because of laziness.
And for you knowledge we gave up a 1st next year, not three picks next year, do you homework before you state things you can't back up with fact's.

Get my facts straight? Don't be such a prick when you're obviously not that bright. I said you keep getting new HBs, like, you got McGahee when you already had a pro bowl HB in Henry. That was LAST YEAR, another year the Bills wasted in the draft. Before that, you wasted picks on Bledsoe -- why did I say you wasted him? Because you took away his #1 weapon and you won't invest in a line to protect him.

So I got one fact wrong: They gave up THREE PICKS OVERALL for Losman. Two of them this year, and a first-round next year. Do you feel vindicated? Does that make you feel better about yourself that you only lost your FIRST ROUND pick next year? You also didn't get help THIS year, and Bledsoe will not get any help NEXT year so he will get injured or whatever, then Losman will come in without any offensive line support and HE will end up being a bust. It's inevitable. Villarial? He was on the Bears. Think about that one for a minute -- the Bears. So I made a mistake on when the picks were gone, but the fact remains, and you need to remember this, the Buffalo Bills gave up THREE draft choices to get someone in the lower half of the first round.

Now think about THIS: Next year the Bills will have a top-10 pick, because they didn't get better in any regards. That pick will go to Dallas. :wave:

The Vikings have Michael Bennett and Moe Williams. Moe is a short-yardage back and a veteran leader. He's OLD. He will retire soon. Michael Bennett injured himself last year, and they knew he would be out. Moe couldn't be a feature back all season. So what did they do? Did they waste a 1st-round pick on a backup HB? No. They waited until the 4th-round to take a gamble on a halfback with question marks over his head. He panned out. He's now a very good player, and the Vikings have been lauded by all critics over their pick. Onterrio Smith played great for Bennett who wasn't around.

Mewelde Moore? I questioned that, sure. But then I realized something:

1) The Vikings drafted two linebackers in the draft, and two Defensive Ends. That's in the first four rounds.
2) They traded down to have a SECOND fourth-round pick, which means they had a free pick to spend any way they wanted. They didn't lose picks, they gained them.
3) They got the best pick available, and remember, he was a free pick since they got who they wanted despite trading down. Mewelde Moore was the top player on many people's boards at the time he was chosen.
4) The Vikings could have maybe picked up someone at another position, but let's think for a minute: Daunte Culpepper/Gus Frerotte. Randy Moss/ Marcus Robinson/Nate Burleson/Kelly Campbell/Did they release D'wayne Bates? I think so, but not sure. Mount McKinnie/Chris Liwienski/Matt Birk are all pro-bowl caliber Offensive Linemen. David Dixon is a stud but he's old, and Mike Rosenthal is OKAY. Ever watch Vikings games? Culpepper has like 10 minutes to throw the ball. They have protection, unlike the Bills. ;) Chris Hovan/Kevin Williams/Kenechi Udeze/Kenny Mixon/Lance Johnstone/Darrion Scott(or whatever his name is) that's one of the top defensive lines in the NFL now. Chris Claiborne, EJ Henderson (A BRILLIANT pickup, 1st-round talent picked in the 2nd round), Nattiel/Crockett/the dude from Auburn. We need more help there, but there were no elite OLBs left at that point, ya see... Winfield, your boy ;), and Brian Williams, a big, strong, underrated shutdown corner. Then Ken Irvin and Eric Kelly in nickel and dime. Not the best CB corps, but you can't get a good Corner past the third round. Corey (Pro Bowl) Chavous, and Brian (6 straight games with INTs) Russell at Safety.

The Vikings can afford to take the best players available, because they can afford to look for depth. Why? Because they're looking to win a Superbowl, while the Bills are looking to rebuild. Again. Still. Whatever.

You're fun, because everything you say is so wrong that this isn't even hard to prove you wrong, it's just fun.

OH EXCEPT I GOT THE DRAFT PICKS WRONG, TWO THIS YEAR ONE NEXT YEAR, THREE OVERALL BUT NOT THREE NEXT YEAR SORRY :(

AlphaBean
04-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Alphabean, I find your posts insightful and enjoyable.

I also found the NFL draft enjoyable since 14 Ohio State players were drafted, breaking the record of 11 by Miami. Ohio State rules.

But the Browns were ridiculous for trading their second round pick to move up one spot when the team wasn't even going to ****ing take Winslow anyway. I wonder if he's related to Carl Winslow from Family Matters?

Who the **** would draft a player represented by Poston anyway? Seriously. Winslow will hold out until he's making 40 million dollars a year. He will honestly not play a single game in the NFL until he's the highest-paid player IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. Geeze, Carl Poston is horrible.

Anyway, yeah giving up a HIGH second-rounder for him? :rofl: That was hilarious. For a Tight End who wants 6th-overall money. What were they thinking? Carl Poston said that Winslow is the "LeBron James of the Cleveland Browns" :rofl:

PS: Did you read that Ohio State would have had one player drafted from each of the 11 NFL-recognized positions if Clarett had become eligible? BRILLIANT!

Anyway, thanks for your comment, sir. I think you have dreamy eyes.

PureHatred
04-28-2004, 04:38 PM
I wonder if he's related to Carl Winslow from Family Matters?

:| Comedy's not your strong suit.

AlphaBean
04-28-2004, 04:44 PM

You don't know the half of it ;)

Anglefan
04-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Who the **** would draft a player represented by Poston anyway? Seriously. Winslow will hold out until he's making 40 million dollars a year. He will honestly not play a single game in the NFL until he's the highest-paid player IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. Geeze, Carl Poston is horrible.

Anyway, yeah giving up a HIGH second-rounder for him? :rofl: That was hilarious. For a Tight End who wants 6th-overall money. What were they thinking? Carl Poston said that Winslow is the "LeBron James of the Cleveland Browns" :rofl:

PS: Did you read that Ohio State would have had one player drafted from each of the 11 NFL-recognized positions if Clarett had become eligible? BRILLIANT!

Anyway, thanks for your comment, sir. I think you have dreamy eyes.
Well, he is the LeBron James of the Browns since he's their best player, but I think they're trying to say he's the LeBron of the NFL, which is ridiculous. I'm not worried about the contract thing because it will be resolved eventually, but yeah, the agent seems really gay. On the other hand, he does deserve big money since he's a ****ING SOLDIER!

Wow, first Clarett costs us a second national title and now he costs us the honor of having a player for all the positions drafted. He's quite the bitch.

I'm hilarious.

AlphaBean
04-28-2004, 06:18 PM
I think that's the greatest quote of all time, btw. Winslow's quote.

That is when you take away the quotes that morons like Dennis Green and the 49ers Owner make...

KingofOldSchool
04-28-2004, 10:09 PM
Well, he is the LeBron James of the Browns since he's their best player, but I think they're trying to say he's the LeBron of the NFL, which is ridiculous. I'm not worried about the contract thing because it will be resolved eventually, but yeah, the agent seems really gay. On the other hand, he does deserve big money since he's a ****ING SOLDIER!

William Green > Winslow

Heyman
04-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Eli Manning and Carson Palmer will NOT (I repeat NOT) be Superstar quarterbacks in this league.

<font color=white>Take my words to the bank. Somebody - put my WORDS into their SIGNATURE, so that I can laugh at them 2-3 years from now</font>

At best - both of these quarterbacks will be "good". Sorry Eli - you'll never be as good as Peyton.

The Icon of Elisim
04-28-2004, 11:48 PM
William Green > Winslow

ROFL

shut the f</>uck up

Excellance of Execution
04-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Alphabean, we can sit here and argue back in forth, but i'm not going to waste my time. You say i'm not to bright, hey that's your opinion. I'm not going to sit here and name call because i don't agree with what you say. You have a right to your opinion as much as i do. To put it simply, i think it's dumb to say a team drafted poorly before the player's even step on the field. I watched Winfield his whole career in Buffalo and to say he is a 'shut down corner' is absurd. He is good, don't get me wrong, but he is not that good. Will he help the Vikes, yes. I'm just stating that i think you guys paid to much. I'm much more happier with Troy Vincent for the money that we spent. I'm predicting right now that Buffalo will do better the the Vikings this year.

AlphaBean
04-30-2004, 01:25 AM
lol, now there's a prediction.

Vincent is old and will get injured. And like I said, Winfield was pretty cheap for the money, when you think about it. A good, young corner? As I said, Denard Walker is like 30 and we paid more for him than for Winfield. We came out of this deal smelling like roses, since we'll have him for a while, and he will benefit from having an amazing front line who will force the QB into bad decisions, and quick throws. That's what shutdown corners thrive on.

When your defense is porous like the Vikings' was, and having a shit line like the Bills have now, you're not going to have good Corners. Plays develop when there's no QB pressure. Troy Vincent had an amazing blitzing defense in Philly and it made him a million times better. We'll see which Corner is better this year.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-30-2004, 01:30 AM
Vikings need a team leader or something, all the talent in the world is great but they never end up doing any noteworthy at the end of the season.

I don't understand it but its like none of them can "step it up" when it really counts. They have pretty decent talent on that team. Moss, Culpepper, and Hovan among others. I think they need to started ralling around Hovan..that guy is a crazy mother****er

AlphaBean
04-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Hovan is crazy. Biekert was the defensive leader, but he's retiring, so yeah who's left? There's not a lot of defensive discipline. Do you know anything about Ted Cottrell? Former Jets D guy, don't know if he's any good at instilling discipline, but whatever.

Basically, Vikings do need leadership. That's what coaching usually is. Teams rarely have a guy so great they can rally around him, they just have talented players who raise the level of play for their teammates by going out and working hard. The Vikings' leader is Moss, and he usually comes out of each season limping. Pep isn't mature enough to be a leader, and Tice is still learning.

I don't honestly know what they can do for a team leader. And Hovan, while crazy, doesn't strike me as a Ray Lewis type... but he's probably the closest thing we've got, eh?

I wonder if the Browns get that with Winslow. He's a ****ing soldier after all.