PDA

View Full Version : Alex Riley is the worst wrestler today...

Pages : [1] 2

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 05:08 PM
...according to Wolfpack423.

... Alex Riley is the worst wrestler today.

I, on the other hand, am of a very different opinion. I feel that Alex Riley has all of the tools to become a major player in WWE one day, and I was just completely caught off guard by that quote. I wanted to wait for Wolfpack423 to sign on to explain himself, but I figured he'll see this eventually. Do any of you agree that Alex Riley is the worst wrestler today? I'd really like to know how someone comes to that conclusion.

CSL
05-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Alex Riley is excellent.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 05:14 PM
He was brilliant on NXT, and his work as the Miz's sidekick was awesome. I wish I could remember when that promo was after he got in trouble with alcohol. He lit the mic on fire. He's completely passable in-ring, too.

Xero
05-11-2011, 05:16 PM
JOHN CENA IS DA WORST TODAY! BUT ALEX RILEY SUX TOO BECAUSE MIZ DOESNT NEED A NERD LIEK HIM WITH HIM! /iwc

Ermaximus
05-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Yea, Alex Riley is far from the worst wrestler today. I can honestly think of at least 5-10 guys off the top of my head who are way worse than Riley. Riley is quite entertaining, but I just want him to stop being a lackey and start being his own man. Granted working with/for The Miz is ultimately going to give him a much better rub in the long run.

Sixx
05-11-2011, 05:17 PM
I'll agree just for the hell of it.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 05:18 PM
JOHN CENA IS DA WORST TODAY! BUT ALEX RILEY SUX TOO BECAUSE MIZ DOESNT NEED A NERD LIEK HIM WITH HIM! /iwc

My 13 year old cousin is a total mark, but for some reason he loves The Miz and Alex Riley. He was a Cena fan a couple years ago, but now Orton and Miz are his favorites. Dunno why I felt compelled to tell you that, but here we are.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 05:18 PM
I'll agree just for the hell of it.

Can you explain yourself just for the hell of it?

Ermaximus
05-11-2011, 05:19 PM

I second this Sixx. Please explain your logic?

Sixx
05-11-2011, 05:21 PM

Nope, I've never seen this guy wrestling.

I just feel bad for Wolfpack234, because you're all a bunch of bullies.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm not bullying him. Just asking him to explain his position. I'll even give him a nice green dot should he do so.

Sixx
05-11-2011, 05:27 PM
I just checked this guy out.

Looks like a high school jock. Cool.

CSL
05-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Def. gonna shove Wolfpack 234's head down the toilet. The position of 'flusher' is still up for grabs.

Juan
05-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I got dibs on Wolfpack234's lunch money.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 05:31 PM
To add some substance to this thread, if you don't think Alex Riley is the worst wrestler today, who do you think is?

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 05:32 PM
And it's 423, guys. Not 234.

Juan
05-11-2011, 05:32 PM
but yeah, Alex Riley has all the tools to be successful. Love his "upside"

Sixx
05-11-2011, 05:33 PM
See?

This will probably end with everyone here giving Wolfpack a wedgie.

One day he'll come back and just shoot all of you.

Ermaximus
To add some substance to this thread, if you don't think Alex Riley is the worst wrestler today, who do you think is?

Khali comes to mind. IF you consider him a wrestler.

CSL

Well it's Khali in terms of guys under contract but that's not why he was hired.

Ermaximus
05-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Steiner is pretty God awful. Henry isn't that far behind him. Otunga is also pretty terrible.

Sixx
05-11-2011, 05:36 PM

Oh shit.

CSL
05-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Steiner is pretty God awful. Henry isn't that far behind him. Otunga is also pretty terrible.

You shut your dirty mouth.

Ermaximus
05-11-2011, 05:41 PM
You shut your dirty mouth.

About which one?

Triple Naitch
05-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Riley is incredibly entertaining. Would love to see him become the next wrestler-turned-announcer.

Nicky Fives
05-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Calling Alex Riley the worst wrestler today when The Great Khali is still around has to be some sort of crime.....

Hanso Amore
05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
I hate people that wear white boots. But he is far from bad.

MoFo
05-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Mason Ryan and Zeke are way worse.

Unco-ordinated (sp?) pieces of shit who can't throw a punch without messing it up terribly.

Also Wade Barrett.

HBPunk
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Alex Riley is fucking awesome and sexy, hes gonna be huge

Lock Jaw
05-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Riley has potential that's for sure.

Though every time I see him I think of him somehow delivering a spinebuster to Percy Watson by mistake at the end of NXT Season 2. :lol:

(For those who don't know of what I speak, at the end, all the eliminated rookies came in to beat up Kaval and the Pros in Nexus-style. Riley spinebustered Percy Watson by mistake in the big brawl)

VSG
05-11-2011, 06:28 PM

Don't test me here, fella

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Hey Lock Jaw, you ever think maybe he gave Percy Watson a spinebuster just because he was annoying?

XL
05-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Oh hell. I haven't gotten my head around that DVLH's name yet :-\

Rock Bottom
05-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Honestly he's slipped under my attention span a bit but I'm impressed with his "acting" and his role. He is a big part of the Miz. The part where he went out and got his ass kicked by Cena, you could tell Miz was like "Man."

Then when he got Miz that victory to "make it up to him," it was pretty solid. It further opens up the story of him breaking out. The question is what does he do when he's ready to break out from being a sidekick? I guess we'll see.

Wolfpack423
05-11-2011, 07:13 PM
I just don't understand why everyone likes him all of a sudden. The only people from NXT season 2 I liked were Kaval and Joe Hennig. Both have talent and can put on great matches. Hennig doesn't get nearly the amount of respect he deserves. Instead he has to pal around with two guys like Otunga and Ryan who really don't know what they are doing. In terms of Zeke, I actually like him and don't really think hes a clod. Khali never really wrestles anymore and I've always liked him anyway. Hes one of those guilty pleasure wrestlers. Everyone has one of them. Alex Riley's mic skills are excruciating to listen to. The best was when he told Orton things are about to go ari for you. Orton was confused as to what he was talking about. Don't forget how he butchered his own joke. None of his matches on NXT were impressive. I guess they put Riley with Miz so he can learn from him on how to become a successful superstar, but that's not working. Miz has come a long way since hoorah and has had some good matches. Riley never really performs moves correctly and he just makes a fool out of himself every time hes in the ring. By the way, I said Murphy is the worst wrestler today so...I don't know why this topic was started. I guess I'm not allowed to have an opinion. I can't stand Riley and most likely never will.

CSL
05-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes, you aren't allowed to have an opinion.

XCaliber
05-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Riley for me was clearly the best all around guy on NXT the only reason he didn't win I think cuz of the stupid mark vote factor that and a heel won it the previous year so they wanted to balance it out.

CSL
TPWW - Opinions?

"Not on my watch!"

CSL
Stupid mark vote factor.

Testicle
05-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Nowhere near the worst. The only negative I see is that he is rather plain. I think that they should have ran with the drinking incident, at least that would have given him some character (the promo he gave was awesome).

I will be interested to see what he does and what gimmick they give him after his run with the Miz. I guess the only other thing that could be thought of as a negative is that he is rather old to be getting going, I think he is in his mid-thirties and has yet to really develop a character. That could prove to be an issue. Other than that the guy is a great seller, solid on the mic, solid in the ring.

CSL
05-11-2011, 07:19 PM
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/szrlpcRSp1U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/szrlpcRSp1U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

One of my favourite spots of the year.

Lock Jaw
05-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Hey Lock Jaw, you ever think maybe he gave Percy Watson a spinebuster just because he was annoying?

I thought that maybe he did it because he confused Percy with MVP 'cause all "those people" look alike to Alex Riley.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I will be interested to see what he does and what gimmick they give him after his run with the Miz. I guess the only other thing that could be thought of as a negative is that he is rather old to be getting going, I think he is in his mid-thirties and has yet to really develop a character. That could prove to be an issue. Other than that the guy is a great seller, solid on the mic, solid in the ring.

Alex Riley just turned 30 and has sex appeal coming out his nostrils.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Even if Riley sucked in the ring (which he so does not), you can learn to be a better wrestler.

What you cannot learn is charisma and swagger. Riley has both of those in bunches. He's gonna be the shiznit.

CSL
05-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Seriously. He even looks good doing the little run gimmick when he appears behind Miz during their entrance. He has 'it'.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 07:32 PM
By the way, I said Murphy is the worst wrestler today so...I don't know why this topic was started.

You said Murphy, besides Alex Riley, was the worst wrestler today. I provided a link to your quote and everything.

Ultra Mantis
05-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Not a "fan" of the guy by any means but he's nowhere close to being the worst wrestler in the world today, tomorrow or yesterday. He's very much in the same mould as Miz, but he's better in the ring and if he works as hard he could be the man somewhere down the line.

Ultra Mantis
05-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Also throwing in 5 Cornette Faces for WolfpacNumbers regarding this statement.

http://www.tpww.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6830&stc=1&d=1304896219http://www.tpww.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6830&stc=1&d=1304896219http://www.tpww.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6830&stc=1&d=1304896219http://www.tpww.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6830&stc=1&d=1304896219http://www.tpww.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6830&stc=1&d=1304896219

Droford
05-11-2011, 07:42 PM
If they didnt have him paired up with the Miz, he'd be gone by now.

Gertner
05-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Christian is much worse than Riley.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 07:43 PM

Some people used to think that about the Miz when he was paired with John Morrison.

CSL
05-11-2011, 07:51 PM

I very much doubt that given everybody that is under contract atm.

Evil Vito
05-11-2011, 07:52 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Alex Riley should win the first annual TPWW Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.</font>

CSL
05-11-2011, 07:52 PM
You aren't allowed to use the internet anymore you Usoist bastard

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 07:57 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Alex Riley should win the first annual TPWW Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.</font>

Go ahead and set that up...then call CSL's phone with the results, since apparently you aren't allowed to use the internet.

Mr.Pewterschmidt
05-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Someone i'd like to see get the shit beat out of them is Santino.

#1-norm-fan
05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
He's got a decent look. The only promo of his that stands out in my mind was when he said something about John Cena having the same first name as a toilet... and that only stood out because it was more awful than his usual promos.

As for his in ring work, he's done nothing more than have bland matches on NXT. It's weird how easy people will jump on "good wrestler" bandwagons out of nowhere. I'm not saying he's bad... he just hasn't shown anything. Whatsoever. I think people just want someone to be a superstar so badly that they'll start blowing anyone who has a decent look that isn't getting a push.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 09:45 PM
So I guess that's TWO votes for worst today.

Nark Order
05-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Alex Riley is a wonderful person.

Droford
05-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Some people used to think that about the Miz when he was paired with John Morrison.

Guaranteed, if he ever gets sent to Smackdown where he should be since he was drafted there, give him 2 months and he'll be packing his bags for developmental again.

And honestly a couple years ago with Miz/Morrison, if you had said "Miz will be a World Champion for 5 months, headlining wrestlemania vs John Cena and win" I think you probably would have been committed to an insane asylum on the spot.

VSG
05-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Taking a dropkick from Ricardo "I speak better than Jesus" Rodriguez only improves Riley's stock.

CSL
05-11-2011, 10:16 PM
He's got a decent look. The only promo of his that stands out in my mind was when he said something about John Cena having the same first name as a toilet... and that only stood out because it was more awful than his usual promos.

As for his in ring work, he's done nothing more than have bland matches on NXT. It's weird how easy people will jump on "good wrestler" bandwagons out of nowhere. I'm not saying he's bad... he just hasn't shown anything. Whatsoever. I think people just want someone to be a superstar so badly that they'll start blowing anyone who has a decent look that isn't getting a push.

I think it probably has more to do with his charisma, presence, look, athleticism, confidence, not appearing out of place amongst the top guys via Miz, above average mic work, decent ring work and so on as opposed to 'blowing anyone who has a decent look that isn't getting a push'. By that ridiculous logic, Mason Ryan would be TPWW's #1 wrestler.

Testicle
05-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Alex Riley just turned 30 and has sex appeal coming out his nostrils.

Riley = Instant wood 4 supremo

Wolfpack423
05-11-2011, 10:57 PM

I'm not quite sure if you're being serious or not, but Christian is one of the top five wrestlers in the business today. The top five in terms of in ring talent for me currently are:
1. Kurt Angle
2. Christian
3. AJ Styles
4. Bryan Danielson
5. Rey Mysterio

In terms of in ring matches, I consider these the top five, but I like alot of others. John Cena is my favorite guy in the industry. He works his ass off, constantly has good to great matches since being in the title picture, has excellent charisma and while his promos are not for everyone I have no problem for them. When he is conducting a serious promo they are some of the best I've heard. The backstage ones he does are usually good. He's one of the nicest people ever. Being a top guy hasn't turned him into an arrogant jerk. I also consider Randy Orton to be a great wrestler who has had his share of excellent matches as well.

Top 5 worst:
1. Murphy
2. Alex Riley
3. Vladimir Kozlov
4. David Otunga
5. Crimson

DaveBrawl
05-11-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm not gonna lie, maybe it's because it was in a TNA topic, but I thought he said Alex Shelley was the worst wrestler next to Murphy. I was a little shocked by that. Then I realized he had spoiled Impact....and I barely stifled a Gohan-esque rant on him.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 11:17 PM
And honestly a couple years ago with Miz/Morrison, if you had said "Miz will be a World Champion for 5 months, headlining wrestlemania vs John Cena and win" I think you probably would have been committed to an insane asylum on the spot.

That was my whole point, sir. Your original comment was silly for that very reason.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I know it's all a matter of opinion, but I just can't wrap my head around ranking Riley so low in the wrestling world. His NXT matches were good in my eyes...better than Percy Watson, Eli Cottonwood, Lucky Cannon and Titus O'Neil on that season of NXT alone. His promos blew ALL of those guys out of the water, and he's basically just been schooling it since The Miz's sidekick ever since. That just doesn't seem like enough to consider him one of the bottom two wrestlers in the world today, but I guess if you like Khali, you're coming from a completely different world than I am.

#1-norm-fan
05-11-2011, 11:24 PM
I think it probably has more to do with his charisma, presence, look, athleticism, confidence, not appearing out of place amongst the top guys via Miz, above average mic work, decent ring work and so on as opposed to 'blowing anyone who has a decent look that isn't getting a push'. By that ridiculous logic, Mason Ryan would be TPWW's #1 wrestler.

Obviously, I exaggerated a little. I should have also speceifed "isn't a giant".

#1-norm-fan
05-11-2011, 11:25 PM
And if you're saying Alex Riley has charisma and mic skills, then that definitely helps prove my point that people's standards are ridiculously low right now and they NEED someone to fit that mold.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Obviously, I exaggerated a little. I should have also speceifed "isn't a giant".

Well, you said Riley hasn't shown anything, so he then provided you with a list of things that he HAS shown.

weather vane
05-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Don't turn your back on the Wolfpac423

CSL
05-11-2011, 11:29 PM
And if you're saying Alex Riley has charisma and mic skills, then that definitely helps prove my point that people's standards are ridiculously low right now and they NEED someone to fit that mold.

What? You seem to think people are claiming he's the next Hogan or Austin or something. If you can't see that he has charisma, pretty good mic skills and stands out over just about all of 'the new crop' except maybe Barrett then this discussion is pointless because I have no idea what you look for in a professional wrestler.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 11:30 PM
I just don't get it because the other thread had absolutely NOTHING to do with Alex Riley. At all. It was about TNA's greatest matches. Then Wolfpack started talking about shitty TNA guys (still not pertinent to the thread, but at least the right organization) and decided to call out Alex fucking Riley as the worst in the business out of thin air. Outrageous, if you ask me.

CSL
05-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I always say the word 'outrageous' with a French accent, whether it's in my head or out loud. It's fun.

CSL
05-11-2011, 11:33 PM
http://www.lynchnet.com/frenchman/frenchman09.jpg

"Zis #1-wwf-fan he is outrageoussss"

#1-norm-fan
05-11-2011, 11:38 PM
What? You seem to think people are claiming he's the next Hogan or Austin or something. If you can't see that he has charisma, pretty good mic skills and stands out over just about all of 'the new crop' except maybe Barrett then this discussion is pointless because I have no idea what you look for in a professional wrestler. Whatever it is doesn't appear to be what WWE look for.

lol. Wait... "Whatever it is doesn't appear to be what WWE look for?" Umm... I don't know if you've noticed but Alex Riley isn't exactly a huge star yet. Let's not deem him "what the WWE is looking for." So fair, the WWE seems to be leaning more toward my opinion.

He has shown more charisma and mic skills than the rest of the NXT guys. A group that produced some promos that are notoriously awful. lol. But I've seen the guy cut a promo. His promo on Raw was FINE. But it certainly didn't stand out. And I've seen him cut some pretty shitty promos.

I like the guy. Simply for the fact that I haven't seen anything to dislike him yet. But I think people are too high on him at the moment is all. I think people are trying to exaggerate his skills. I've seen the same with plenty of guys. But claiming he's such a "good wrestler" is crazy unless you've seen some indy stuff I haven't (Which is totally possible. I just think this should be brought to light. lol) He hasn't had a good, even decent match in WWE to showcase it but people are praising his wrestling skills. It doesn't take an insane amount of skill to work a 4 minute WWE style match at the moment.

#1-norm-fan
05-11-2011, 11:39 PM
http://www.lynchnet.com/frenchman/frenchman09.jpg

"Zis #1-wwf-fan he is outrageoussss"

... that is an eerie resemblance...

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 11:39 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/vvZzaDbjuqgmp2j5rbcfzSDyo1_500.png

#1-norm-fan
05-11-2011, 11:40 PM
I just don't get it because the other thread had absolutely NOTHING to do with Alex Riley. At all. It was about TNA's greatest matches. Then Wolfpack started talking about shitty TNA guys (still not pertinent to the thread, but at least the right organization) and decided to call out Alex fucking Riley as the worst in the business out of thin air. Outrageous, if you ask me.

Okay, I feel like I need to clarify, I am not on that guy's side. My thoughts are totally separate. The Great Khali... come on...

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 11:41 PM
lol. Wait... "Whatever it is doesn't appear to be what WWE look for?" Umm... I don't know if you've noticed but Alex Riley isn't exactly a huge star yet. Let's not deem him "what the WWE is looking for." So fair, the WWE seems to be leaning more toward my opinion.

He has shown more charisma and mic skills than the rest of the NXT guys. A group that produced some promos that are notoriously awful. lol. But I've seen the guy cut a promo. His promo on Raw was FINE. But it certainly didn't stand out. And I've seen him cut some pretty shitty promos.

I like the guy. Simply for the fact that I haven't seen anything to dislike him yet. But I think people are too high on him at the moment is all. I think people are trying to exaggerate his skills. I've seen the same with plenty of guys. But claiming he's such a "good wrestler" is crazy unless you've seen some indy stuff I haven't (Which is totally possible. I just think this should be brought to light. lol) He hasn't had a good, even decent match in WWE to showcase it but people are praising his wrestling skills. It doesn't take an insane amount of skill to work a 4 minute WWE style match at the moment.

You don't think it's more crazy to claim that he's the worst wrestler today?

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Okay, I feel like I need to clarify, I am not on that guy's side. My thoughts are totally separate. The Great Khali... come on...

That was mostly directed at Wolfpack because he himself mentioned Khali by name. I see what you're saying, and I know you're a different person.

#1-norm-fan
05-11-2011, 11:48 PM
I actually posted that before your reply... but yeah... I find him to be in the middle til proven otherwise.

Though I would enjoy seeing him come about and flourish on Smackdown because I feel he has the "superstar look". I just wanna see him prove something.

CSL
05-11-2011, 11:53 PM

They quite obviously see something in him. He's been linked on TV to the #1 pushed heel in the company/WWE champion for however many months since NXT finished, not to mention exchanges with Austin, Rock and so on. Those spots don't get given to anybody (especially those that get themselves arrested not long after going up to the main roster) and they aren't afraid to change things when a guy is struggling. No sign of either with Riley. WWE definitely don't appear to be seeing things from your 'point of view'. You seem to be looking at this from some kind of 'workrate!' pov as opposed to an actual wrestling business point of view, as referenced throughout the rest of your response (the last 2 lines, really?)

As for 'people are too high on him', no idea what you mean. I've been riding his nuts for a while but even that's only been 3 or 4 mentions over the space of about 8 months. I don't really recall many/any others doing the same until this thread appeared.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 11:53 PM
I think he has at least proven that he is not the worst wrestler today. Whether he'll ever become as big as Mo from Men on a Mission is anybody's guess.

Anybody Thrilla
05-11-2011, 11:55 PM
I've been a big Riley fan since NXT. He was in some good matches there, mostly with Kaval.

Nark Order
05-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Of all the horrible wrestlers in the E and TNA, some choose to hate a guy that actually has potential to be great?

CSL
05-11-2011, 11:56 PM
He's not great and headlining PPV's now Narc so it doesn't matter about silly things like potential ya dig

Nark Order
05-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Oh. Damn.

DaveBrawl
05-12-2011, 12:01 AM
We are all missing the most important part of Wolfpack's post. He spoiled the Impact results for me. My week is ruined.

Anybody Thrilla
05-12-2011, 12:08 AM
If you're confused Dave, Alex Riley will NOT be appearing on Impact this week.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 12:25 AM
They quite obviously see something in him. He's been linked on TV to the #1 pushed heel in the company/WWE champion for however many months since NXT finished, not to mention exchanges with Austin, Rock and so on. Those spots don't get given to anybody (especially those that get themselves arrested not long after going up to the main roster) and they aren't afraid to change things when a guy is struggling. No sign of either with Riley. WWE definitely don't appear to be seeing things from your 'point of view'. You seem to be looking at this from some kind of 'workrate!' pov as opposed to an actual wrestling business point of view, as referenced throughout the rest of your response (the last 2 lines, really?)

Him being linked to the #1 heel in the company means absolutely nothing. Let's be real. Cena DESTROYED him on Raw. They didn't even give him a chance. He's been booked to be weak as hell. Wade Barrett was considered the top heel in the companylast summer. Who was linked with him? David Otunga... Michael McGillicutty... how much did it do for their careers?

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Also, Santino got arrested. And then was the runner up in the Royal Rumble. And now is a jobber again. You're putting entirely too much into WWE's booking process. Whatever NXT guy in season 2 they viewed as the "most Miz-like" they would have done the exact same storyline. You can't honestly argue that point.

Nark Order
05-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Him being linked to the #1 heel in the company means absolutely nothing. Let's be real. Cena DESTROYED him on Raw. They didn't even give him a chance. He's been booked to be weak as hell. Wade Barrett was considered the top heel in the companylast summer. Who was linked with him? David Otunga... Michael McGillicutty... how much did it do for their careers?

Do you happen to remember the very first appearance of Johnny Nitro? He was Bischoff's lackey, was a complete joke, and lost every match by a landslide. I remember specifically him getting squashed by Eugene. That same guy is now John Morrison.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Do you happen to remember the very first appearance of Johnny Nitro? He was Bischoff's lackey, was a complete joke, and lost every match by a landslide. I remember specifically him getting squashed by Eugene. That same guy is now John Morrison.

Exactly!!!

Have you read the rest of my posts?

So now, we're supposed to assume that anyone who is "a complete joke, loses every match by a landslide" and is squashed by nobodys are supposed to be the next John Morrisons? (Ignoring the fact that John Morrison DID come along later and just assuming that everyone who does that WILL come along?) Apparently so. And that proves my point.

Nark Order
05-12-2011, 12:38 AM
What? Nobody is assuming that about everybody. That is an absolutely ridiculous argument. I didn't say that nor did anybody else. We're saying that Riley has potential because we believe he does. I wouldn't say the same thing about Jackson Andrews, Mason Ryan, Joe Hennig, Otunga, etc because they aren't looking too sharp to me. Riley has a solid look, is comfortable on the mic (could use some more time), and comfortable in the ring as well. He's only going to improve also. I think he's got something, personally.

Stop making these wild sweeping generalizations.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Also because I would bang Riley and Morrison.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Not that Mason Ryan is ugly or anything. He's just... I dunno. Wouldn't be into it.

Nark Order
05-12-2011, 12:44 AM
How about Ezekiel Jackson? Everyone that he does, he dominates them.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 01:05 AM
What? Nobody is assuming that about everybody. That is an absolutely ridiculous argument. I didn't say that nor did anybody else. We're saying that Riley has potential because we believe he does. I wouldn't say the same thing about Jackson Andrews, Mason Ryan, Joe Hennig, Otunga, etc because they aren't looking too sharp to me. Riley has a solid look, is comfortable on the mic (could use some more time), and comfortable in the ring as well. He's only going to improve also. I think he's got something, personally.

Stop making these wild sweeping generalizations.

I actually said that I was making no assumptions. Just saying that AT THIS POINT he hasn't shown anything. You threw in the fact that someone who was failing miserably ended up doing really well. In a discussion about why someone I don't see anything about should succeed... that sounds like ASSUMING to me.

Nark Order
05-12-2011, 01:16 AM
You made a statement about how the WWE is doing nothing with him right now. I gave you an example as to why that isn't an accurate thing to go off of. Would you like more? I seem to remember a Deacon, a Dentist, and a Ringmaster who they were "doing nothing with" for awhile.

What I was trying to allude to, is that wins/losses aren't a very good indicator on talent. Nobody is saying that because he is losing, he's going to be a big star. That's ridiculous. He's got size, he is mobile, he's got charisma, and he's linked to one of the biggest heels in the company. One could definitely argue that they are definitely "doing something" with him right now in his current role.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Let's just say you're both right and settle this with a hug.

Mr. Nerfect
05-12-2011, 04:23 AM
Alex Riley has survived a DUI, being technically "fired" from his position and a draft to remain on RAW aligned with The Miz. I'm really sorry, but if you don't think someone in the WWE sees dollar signs on the mans pores under a microscope, you're not looking at this right.

And personally, I've been very impressed with Riley. That spot at the Royal Rumble was indeed awesome, and Riley always puts himself in the right position and has some awesome facial expressions that actually don't steal the show -- but add something to it.

I'm very curious to see where things go with Riley. He seems like a natural heel, but this Miz/Riley stuff seems like it could lead to a break-up, no?

Asmo
05-12-2011, 05:13 AM
I like A-Ri. Needs to step out of the Miz's shadow to show some depth and variety, but i think he can easily do that.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 05:38 AM
You made a statement about how the WWE is doing nothing with him right now. I gave you an example as to why that isn't an accurate thing to go off of. Would you like more? I seem to remember a Deacon, a Dentist, and a Ringmaster who they were "doing nothing with" for awhile.

What I was trying to allude to, is that wins/losses aren't a very good indicator on talent. Nobody is saying that because he is losing, he's going to be a big star. That's ridiculous. He's got size, he is mobile, he's got charisma, and he's linked to one of the biggest heels in the company. One could definitely argue that they are definitely "doing something" with him right now in his current role.

I only mentioned WWE doing nothing with him as a reason why WWE doesn't "obviously see something in him" in response to someone else. Not as a reason why he will never amount to anything. Again... go back and read the posts first.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Alex Riley has survived a DUI, being technically "fired" from his position and a draft to remain on RAW aligned with The Miz. I'm really sorry, but if you don't think someone in the WWE sees dollar signs on the mans pores under a microscope, you're not looking at this right.

So... him "surviviing" being "drafted" from Raw to Smackdown to remain on Raw aligned with The Miz means something to you.

You realize the draft isn't real, right? lol. He was written to be drafted over to Smackdown. It wasn't like there was some crazy draft that messed up WWE's plans and they were like "Fuck it! This man's a star! We're gonna keep him on Raw aligned with The Miz dammit!!!"

Just the fact that you alluded to him "surviving a draft to remain on Raw aligned with The Miz" just... I don't even know what to say about that. Jesus Christ. lol

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Also, I could say the same about him being "technically fired" from his position. Again... you realize it was a storyline. He wasn't ever actually fired. WWE didn't have to work around it to "keep him employed as Miz' apprentice". He didn't "survive" anything. Seriously. This is all proving my point of people wanting to add significance to someone and make a new "obvious future star."

Skippord
05-12-2011, 07:21 AM
I think you guys are overrating him thoroughly, but I like him I guess.

Triple Naitch
05-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Who is Murphy?

Nicky Fives
05-12-2011, 10:34 AM
http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/murphy-pictures-01.jpg

Schlomey
05-12-2011, 10:41 AM
his face bothers me.

Anybody Thrilla
05-12-2011, 10:48 AM
I still don't know who that Murphy guy is, but that picture tells me that Alex Riley is one thousand times better than him.

Schlomey
05-12-2011, 11:03 AM
I THINK he is a security guard on impact or something.

DaveBrawl
05-12-2011, 11:27 AM
I THINK he is a security guard on impact or something.

He was, then they inducted him into Immortal with all of the other classics, then they fired him last week after he lost an epic match to Rob Terry.

DaveBrawl
05-12-2011, 11:29 AM
http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Rob-Terry-tna-superstar-10.jpg

Championship material

jskinnyg
05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
A-Ri has got just as good in ring skills than a lot of the guys on the roster that have been there for a while, PLUS he has got really great mic skills for a rookie... Kid stays healthy, he is going places...

Jordan
05-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Anyone who is doubting A-Ri's future stardom in WWE is just a mark, the guy is exactly what WWE wants to groom for the top. Also, he's pared with THE FUCKING MIZ aka John Cena #2, so get a fucking grip you idiots, Riley is here to stay and he will main event a PPV within the next year.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Anyone who is doubting A-Ri's future stardom in WWE is just a mark, the guy is exactly what WWE wants to groom for the top. Also, he's pared with THE FUCKING MIZ aka John Cena #2, so get a fucking grip you idiots, Riley is here to stay and he will main event a PPV within the next year.

Lol. I'm guessing you don't see the irony in calling someone who has doubts about someone being a future star a mark...

But anyway, I've addressed the "But he's paired with THE MIZ!!! HE HAS TO BE A SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING!!!" argument so many times in this thread. Being the lackey (Anyone who tries to call him anything more than a lackey at this point is a mark!!!) of The Miz does not mean ANYTHING when it comes to him being a superstar.

Wolfpack423
05-12-2011, 01:02 PM
I still don't know who that Murphy guy is, but that picture tells me that Alex Riley is one thousand times better than him.

Actually I'll give you that. Even though I hate Alex Riley and find nothing to cheer for about him, Murphy is 1000 times worse which is why he is listed as 1 haha. In terms of Khali yes he isn't a great wrestler, but you guys all have a guilty pleasure wrestler that you cheer even if he can't. Alot of it has to do with his size anyway. Khali has had at least three good matches. They were all triple threats yes, but they still count as good matches. In case you're wondering which ones the GAB 2007 one with Batista and Kane was entertaining at least and not as bad as people say, the one on RAW with Cena and Umaga in 2007, and the one with Batista and Mysterio at Unforgiven 2007. I can't believe this topic went three pages already. Do people really like Riley that much? I apologize for spoiling Impact for people, but I was sure people knew about results anyway on this site, especially the results of this week's show.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 01:07 PM
I think I would like Khali if he had a really good manager and could atleast move in the ring. Everyone loves a good monster heel. But it's not even that he's just a bad wrestler. He CAN BARELY EVEN MOVE. People throw "worst wrestler ever" around jokingly a lot. I really think he may be though. Lawrence Taylor performed better than Khali has in his time in WWE. He is literally on the verge of being completely immobile. lol

Skippord
05-12-2011, 01:07 PM
http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Rob-Terry-tna-superstar-10.jpg

Championship material
this actually doubles as the answer to the worst wrestler question

Schlomey
05-12-2011, 01:09 PM
That "belt" is friggin' huge.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't like how his left hand is holding the title. Makes him look like an action figure.

Anybody Thrilla
05-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Actually I'll give you that. Even though I hate Alex Riley and find nothing to cheer for about him, Murphy is 1000 times worse which is why he is listed as 1 haha. In terms of Khali yes he isn't a great wrestler, but you guys all have a guilty pleasure wrestler that you cheer even if he can't. Alot of it has to do with his size anyway. Khali has had at least three good matches. They were all triple threats yes, but they still count as good matches. In case you're wondering which ones the GAB 2007 one with Batista and Kane was entertaining at least and not as bad as people say, the one on RAW with Cena and Umaga in 2007, and the one with Batista and Mysterio at Unforgiven 2007. I can't believe this topic went three pages already. Do people really like Riley that much? I apologize for spoiling Impact for people, but I was sure people knew about results anyway on this site, especially the results of this week's show.

You sure do make a lot of assumptions.

MoFo
05-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Riley & Swagger teaming w/ Cole as their manager needs to happen.

Schlomey
05-12-2011, 02:14 PM
what an odd thing to say

#BROKEN Hasney
05-12-2011, 02:15 PM
He's no Tarver, but I dig.

CSL
05-12-2011, 02:31 PM
So... him "surviviing" being "drafted" from Raw to Smackdown to remain on Raw aligned with The Miz means something to you.

You realize the draft isn't real, right? lol. He was written to be drafted over to Smackdown. It wasn't like there was some crazy draft that messed up WWE's plans and they were like "Fuck it! This man's a star! We're gonna keep him on Raw aligned with The Miz dammit!!!"

Just the fact that you alluded to him "surviving a draft to remain on Raw aligned with The Miz" just... I don't even know what to say about that. Jesus Christ. lol

Also, I could say the same about him being "technically fired" from his position. Again... you realize it was a storyline. He wasn't ever actually fired. WWE didn't have to work around it to "keep him employed as Miz' apprentice". He didn't "survive" anything. Seriously. This is all proving my point of people wanting to add significance to someone and make a new "obvious future star."

lol my god, your condescending tone is ridiculous and so misplaced. He did 'survive' a draft, he was switched but they clearly felt some kind of need to keep him aligned with Miz, be it protecting Miz, feeling Riley adds something, wanting him to stick on RAW etc. You aren't proving anything, merely showing a glaring misunderstanding of how wrestling works. Yes, he's the lackey but you're making sweeping generalizations about everybody in that kind of spot and you're off the mark. If you really can't tell the difference between Riley and what he's allowed to do, his longevity in the role, the fact they clearly value him in the spot etc compared to a Jackson Andrews, a David Otunga or any of the Nexus lackeys most of the new guys period (which it appears you clearly can't given your repeating of the same redundant 'he's a lackey! means nothing!' point over and over topped off with a few smug 'lol's) then as I said, this is pointless. Nobody is 'adding any significance', nobody is claiming he is the next Hulk Hogan, nobody is claiming he is a star now. You are just completely and utterly missing the point.

Wolfpack423
05-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Riley & Swagger teaming w/ Cole as their manager needs to happen.

I do like Swagger. I think hes one of the most talented guys on the roster. I wish they would have another series between him and Kofi. I also wish Dibiase and Rhodes get used better now. Drew hopefully will get a decent push now on RAW as well. Those are the young talent that I think should get a push based on how they are pretty good in the ring. Dibiase may be lacking in the mic skills/charisma but theres no denying he can go in the ring. You guys have to at least agree that Riley is nowhere near as good as these guys. Sheamus has become one of the most talented guys on the roster in a year thanks to his series with Morrison who I feel should get a title shot/run when he gets back from his neck surgery. He could be the RAW MITB winner.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 03:46 PM
lol my god, your condescending tone is ridiculous and so misplaced. He did 'survive' a draft, he was switched but they clearly felt some kind of need to keep him aligned with Miz, be it protecting Miz, feeling Riley adds something, wanting him to stick on RAW etc. You aren't proving anything, merely showing a glaring misunderstanding of how wrestling works. Yes, he's the lackey but you're making sweeping generalizations about everybody in that kind of spot and you're off the mark. If you really can't tell the difference between Riley and what he's allowed to do, his longevity in the role, the fact they clearly value him in the spot etc compared to a Jackson Andrews, a David Otunga or any of the Nexus lackeys most of the new guys period (which it appears you clearly can't given your repeating of the same redundant 'he's a lackey! means nothing!' point over and over topped off with a few smug 'lol's) then as I said, this is pointless. Nobody is 'adding any significance', nobody is claiming he is the next Hulk Hogan, nobody is claiming he is a star now. You are just completely and utterly missing the point.

Fucking hell, I'm begging someone to actually read the rest of shit I've said in the thread.

My point: I haven't seen anything from Alex Riley. No awesome promos, nothing more than a few short WWE TV style matches on NXT and a squash here and there. Neither of these showcased ANYTHING. Good or bad. Yet people still praise him for these things as if he's been tearing the house down and he's on his way to being something.

I AM NOT ASSERTING ANYTHING one way or another about his future. I'm simply saying to put label him as the next big thing based on him standing next to The Miz while Miz participates in main event storylines is insane.

My other point: The fact that so many people do see such a bright future despite these things makes me believe that people really just NEED to cling on to someone to be the future and will build up reasons in their mind to do so... Like adding significance to things that aren't significant at all... like saying he "survived" things that are twists and turns in wrestling storylines.

There is no less validity to "They want to try him out on Smackdown but he is needed as a pawn in the Cena-Miz feud for one more month" than "WWE sees something in him and wants to keep him involved in the hottest feud in the company in order to build him up." None. At all. Yet when the point is brought up that *gasp!* maybe he is just a pawn for the feud and maybe he just happened to be the rookie on NXT who Miz was paired with and is reeping the benefits as opposed to WWE thinking so highly of him all along, people go ape-shit! And that's the "stick my fingers in my ears and yell lalalalalalalalala" attitude that lends more credibility to my theory that people WANT something to happen, therefore they will come up with reasons why it is happening.

Shadrick
05-12-2011, 06:08 PM

Whats interesting is, I read this post before I looked at who posted it and said "I bet thats Gertner trolling again."

WWWYKI bro.

CSL
05-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Fucking hell, I'm begging someone to actually read the rest of shit I've said in the thread.

My point: I haven't seen anything from Alex Riley. No awesome promos, nothing more than a few short WWE TV style matches on NXT and a squash here and there. Neither of these showcased ANYTHING. Good or bad. Yet people still praise him for these things as if he's been tearing the house down and he's on his way to being something.

I AM NOT ASSERTING ANYTHING one way or another about his future. I'm simply saying to put label him as the next big thing based on him standing next to The Miz while Miz participates in main event storylines is insane.

My other point: The fact that so many people do see such a bright future despite these things makes me believe that people really just NEED to cling on to someone to be the future and will build up reasons in their mind to do so... Like adding significance to things that aren't significant at all... like saying he "survived" things that are twists and turns in wrestling storylines.

There is no less validity to "They want to try him out on Smackdown but he is needed as a pawn in the Cena-Miz feud for one more month" than "WWE sees something in him and wants to keep him involved in the hottest feud in the company in order to build him up." None. At all. Yet when the point is brought up that *gasp!* maybe he is just a pawn for the feud and maybe he just happened to be the rookie on NXT who Miz was paired with and is reeping the benefits as opposed to WWE thinking so highly of him all along, people go ape-shit! And that's the "stick my fingers in my ears and yell lalalalalalalalala" attitude that lends more credibility to my theory that people WANT something to happen, therefore they will come up with reasons why it is happening.

Like I said, you are missing the point. As well as repeating yourself over and over again. And I've read everything you've said in this thread. Nobody is clinging onto anything yet you keep repeating that point despite people pointing out over and over what it is they see in the guy. If you can't see the difference between him and the rest of guys in a similar spot, if you can't see the little things that he does well that separate him from most of the other new guys, which you've made abundantly clear that you don't, then just say so. You could have just said 'I don't see it'. As opposed to attempting to back it up/downplay everything people are saying despite it clearly flying in the face of logic. I couldn't care less about Alex Riley, about him succeeding, about WWE gaining something from his potential success so I don't 'WANT something to happen' as you put it. I (and quite a few others on here as you can see) am capable of seeing there is something to Riley that makes him stand out from the crowd, that he appears to have the tools to be a success. Even if you personally don't see anything in Riley, I'm really not seeing how you don't get at least this point yet.

CSL
05-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Whats interesting is, I read this post before I looked at who posted it and said "I bet thats Gertner trolling again."

WWWYKI bro.

What's more interesting is the fact that despite that, you still couldn't help but respond to it.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Like I said, you are missing the point. As well as repeating yourself over and over again. And I've read everything you've said in this thread. Nobody is clinging onto anything yet you keep repeating that point despite people pointing out over and over what it is they see in the guy. If you can't see the difference between him and the rest of guys in a similar spot, if you can't see the little things that he does well that separate him from most of the other new guys, which you've made abundantly clear that you don't, then just say so. You could have just said 'I don't see it'. As opposed to attempting to back it up/downplay everything people are saying despite it clearly flying in the face of logic. I couldn't care less about Alex Riley, about him succeeding, about WWE gaining something from his potential success so I don't 'WANT something to happen' as you put it. I (and quite a few others on here as you can see) am capable of seeing there is something to Riley that makes him stand out from the crowd, that he appears to have the tools to be a success. Even if you personally don't see anything in Riley, I'm really not seeing how you don't get at least this point yet.

The problem is there are always a ton of guys that "stand out" above everyone else. Speaking of flying in the face of logic. lol. If Riley happened to be the one guy that people say it about it's fine. But my "people need someone..." theory comes from the fact that most of the undercard roster is looked at as "above the rest". It's not logical.

And as far as the "I don't see it" thing. I've admitted that. I don't see it. However I've tried to gauge exactly what it is people see and no one seems to want to go further in that discussion than "Cause he's a good wrestler, good on the mic, etc..." without giving examples or anything.

No one is saying he is the next mega-star but really, that's the only way you can stick out in 3 minute NXT matches and being squashed by Cena. You can't possibly show wrestling skill with that as your job. And I really want someone to post some of these promos where he's shown to be "above the rest of the pack." As soon as someone points out to me a match where he showed that he has skills to be a superstar or a promo where he's shown that he's better than average and I either say "I don't see why that was good" or "I was wrong". It's that simple.

Shadrick
05-12-2011, 07:28 PM
What's more interesting is the fact that despite that, you still couldn't help but respond to it.

Not sure how thats more interesting but okay :y:

#BROKEN Hasney
05-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Not sure how thats more interesting but okay :y:

Because of the old adage "don't feed the trolls". Without an audience, they stop.

Juan
05-12-2011, 07:32 PM
It must run in the family.

CSL
05-12-2011, 07:56 PM
The problem is there are always a ton of guys that "stand out" above everyone else. Speaking of flying in the face of logic. lol. If Riley happened to be the one guy that people say it about it's fine. But my "people need someone..." theory comes from the fact that most of the undercard roster is looked at as "above the rest". It's not logical.

And as far as the "I don't see it" thing. I've admitted that. I don't see it. However I've tried to gauge exactly what it is people see and no one seems to want to go further in that discussion than "Cause he's a good wrestler, good on the mic, etc..." without giving examples or anything.

No one is saying he is the next mega-star but really, that's the only way you can stick out in 3 minute NXT matches and being squashed by Cena. You can't possibly show wrestling skill with that as your job. And I really want someone to post some of these promos where he's shown to be "above the rest of the pack." As soon as someone points out to me a match where he showed that he has skills to be a superstar or a promo where he's shown that he's better than average and I either say "I don't see why that was good" or "I was wrong". It's that simple.

What? Like who? I'm currently seeing Zack Ryder, because he's making a pretty big effort to get himself out there and...that's about it. As for the rest of the 'most of the undercard roster being looked at as above the rest', I have absolutely no idea who you are on about.

And why do people need to post examples? It is there to see every week on TV, multiple folks on this forum alone have been capable of noticing it themselves. You want people to post videos explaining how him looking at the hard cam at the right time or during a backstage segment, a specific facial expression, a certain bit of positioning, not making something look corny or forced on a wrestling show, a nice bit of selling and so on? Like I said, it's the little things that make him stand out on top of being solid elsewhere and the position he's been granted by WWE. And like I've said repeatedly, if you can't see these things, there's no discussion to be had since this will just go back and forth and on and on and you will continue to do that daft redundant internet argument of 'show me proof' as opposed to being able to make up your own mind from his back catalogue of work.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 08:20 PM
And like I've said repeatedly, if you can't see these things, there's no discussion to be had since this will just go back and forth and on and on and you will continue to do that daft redundant internet argument of 'show me proof' as opposed to being able to make up your own mind from his back catalogue of work.

The Great Khali is amazing in every way. He's good in the ring and on the mic. If you can't see these things, there's no discussion to be had.

... Now... is it wrong of you to question me saying that and ask for examples? See where I'm coming from now? Or are we gonna go with "NO! DON'T ASK FOR EXAMPLES! DON'T QUESTION ANYTHING! THERE'S NO DISCUSSION HERE! HE IS THE FUTURE! LALALALALALALA!!!"

CSL
05-12-2011, 08:35 PM
lol fucking hell. Nevermind.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 08:36 PM
lol. Best idea I've heard all day.

Tazz Dan
05-12-2011, 08:53 PM
This thread shows why TPWW = Serious Business.

#1-norm-fan
05-12-2011, 08:56 PM
That acronym does not fit

Triple Naitch
05-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Still have no idea who those TNA guys are.

CSL
05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
good god Tazz Dan stop being so awful. This thread is a discussion in a discussion forum. It's not even close to what is meant when the term 'TPWW = serious business' is thrown around.

Nark Order
05-12-2011, 09:15 PM
#1-wwf-fan, you've been around here for a long time and I've always generally liked you and respected your opinion. With that being said, you're being pretty irrational and nutty right now. You're thrusting thoughts and words onto people that they didn't think or say and you're making wild generalizations based on absolutely nothing.

You are not wrong for questioning and wanting examples but you've been provided them and you're still going on with this.

1.) He's got size and athleticism
2.) Apart from size, he's just got a great look going for him.
3.) He's comfortable on the microphone and he's only going to get better. They've even been giving him time here and there to improve on his mic skills.
4.) They've paired him up with the hottest heel in the company and he gets WEEKLY screen time.
5.) They've built him up to be a factor in the Miz's matches. The Miz has won and lost matches because of Riley's involvement. For example: He was just blamed for Miz's DQ two weeks ago.
6.) He's made fun of and referenced by bigger stars (Cena, Rock) all the time.

If you don't like him, it's fine. But you're acting like a chimp right now.

Tazz Dan
05-12-2011, 09:50 PM
good god Tazz Dan stop being so awful. This thread is a discussion in a discussion forum. It's not even close to what is meant when the term 'TPWW = serious business' is thrown around.

Stop trolling. All you do is argue with everyone's opinion if it's not your own until the point you sound like a whiney little kid. Yeah this is a discussion forum so accept the fact you are no better than anyone else here and no more entitled to an opinion. Provoking people just makes you seem like a dickhead, not a smart person.

Tazz Dan
05-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Now please prove my point by getting all defensive over this and tell me how bad/awful/stupid I am again.

Nark Order
05-12-2011, 10:20 PM
What? That's a trap. So if he says anything to address your assault then he's an over defensive dickhead? That's ridiculous.

Nobody is arguing with wwf#1fan's opinion. He's saying wild stuff and making gigantic sweeping generalizations that aren't true. Nobody cares that he doesn't like Alex Riley.

Tazz Dan
05-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Isn't that called the ECG defense? I have learnt something from him.

The guy's just been a dick to a lot of people lately. I honesty don't care if he likes me or not, but I'm sick to going into threads and seeing another CSL flame fest. And if this makes me unpopular with a certain group of posters, well I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-12-2011, 10:41 PM
WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAA

if it wasn't serious business in here before, it certainly is now

CSL
05-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Stop trolling. All you do is argue with everyone's opinion if it's not your own until the point you sound like a whiney little kid. Yeah this is a discussion forum so accept the fact you are no better than anyone else here and no more entitled to an opinion. Provoking people just makes you seem like a dickhead, not a smart person.

Now please prove my point by getting all defensive over this and tell me how bad/awful/stupid I am again.

Isn't that called the ECG defense? I have learnt something from him.

The guy's just been a dick to a lot of people lately. I honesty don't care if he likes me or not, but I'm sick to going into threads and seeing another CSL flame fest. And if this makes me unpopular with a certain group of posters, well I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

You are talking out of your arse. lol @ you expecting me to get defensive though. Isn't that Tazz Dan go to move #3, right after 'the back up' and 'the fence-sit'?

CSL
05-12-2011, 11:17 PM
And doesn't trolling indicate somebody saying something they don't mean to garner a response? I was hoping you wouldn't respond, I just wanted to ask you stop being awful. Can't a young man in this big mean world attempt to stop something awful from being that way?

Tazz Dan
05-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Yeah, because your generic 'Im better than everyone on here' attitude is hidden so well. As for the trolling I was referring to you in this and other threads in general. Just get off yourself buddy, you ain't that special.

Nark Order
05-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Let's settle.

CSL, you're acting a bit like an arrogant shithead as of late. Ever since Seth82 dubbed you King of the Gays. You're still on the money, but you've got a bit of a flamboyant heel thing going on.

Tazz Dan, this does not excuse you from being ridiculous. You're causing a scene everywhere and you're always pretty douchey about it. You're never funny about it, you come off extremely defensive, and you typically rally more people to the other side of the argument that you're in because you're being a cock.

Now get along, you fucking dicks. :mad:

Nark Order
05-12-2011, 11:51 PM
NOW EVERYBODY SETTLE THE FUCK DOWN.

AND DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT.

CSL
05-13-2011, 12:10 AM
lolll the 'since Seth82 crowned you King of the Gays' part. I think that's just you seeing that and then seeing me giving people shit more, happening at kind of the same time? I've definitely been a lot more outspoken over the last 8 months to a year or so, it's not really anything new. And I certainly don't feel I'm better than anybody, dunno, I just don't really care about giving somebody shit nowadays for posting daft stuff and first and foremost for that is the large section of the wrestling forum inhabited by the muties, which I would guess where your observation has come from.

CSL
05-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah, because your generic 'Im better than everyone on here' attitude is hidden so well. As for the trolling I was referring to you in this and other threads in general. Just get off yourself buddy, you ain't that special.

This seems to be your response to everybody that ever gives you shit. blah blah better than other people blah blah high horse etc. Please give me examples, to quote you, of me starting a 'flame fest', 'trolling', 'being a dick to a lot of people' for no reason and so on. Because I don't think you could and you're simply mistaking/overlooking the fact that I'm telling you that you're shit, as opposed to me ragging on everybody.

CSL
05-13-2011, 12:18 AM
'Flamboyant heel' is kind of making me hard

Nark Order
05-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Actually I'm thinking you could definitely make a run with the flamboyant heel gimmick. And yeah, probably some wierd timing thing mixed with me just wanting to call you 'The King of the Gays'

And I'm jealous because I want Seth82's penis inside of me.

St. Jimmy
05-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Did someone say "Worst Wrestler"?

http://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/davidotunga.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
05-13-2011, 06:17 AM

No, the fact is the WWE has plans for him on SmackDown! -- yet they still want to use him on RAW. Jesus Christ. lol

Pull your head out of your ass an realise that people in management see dollar signs in A-Ri.

You could, but it'd make you a retard. The WWE planned to scrap Riley from his role, but then said "Oh shit! The guy is really good in it! Let's keep him there." The storyline is the fucking point. In the written storyline, the WWE WANTS Alex Riley to be involved with The Miz, even when The Miz is heading into a WrestleMania main event.

Lol. I'm guessing you don't see the irony in calling someone who has doubts about someone being a future star a mark...

But anyway, I've addressed the "But he's paired with THE MIZ!!! HE HAS TO BE A SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING!!!" argument so many times in this thread. Being the lackey (Anyone who tries to call him anything more than a lackey at this point is a mark!!!) of The Miz does not mean ANYTHING when it comes to him being a superstar.

It means the WWE want Alex Riley to be associated with a top star, and have no problem with him being featured in that role. It's a good thing. Anyone who thinks that Riley is "just a lackey" is buying into what the WWE is presenting them -- they're a mark (not that that's a bad thing -- makes enjoying the product a lot easier).

Now, I've got no real problem with you, man, we've coexisted around here peacefully for a long time, and I feel your posts add more than they take away -- but please don't talk down to me like I'm an idiot when YOU are the one not getting it. Of course it's all a storyline -- but they've CHOSEN A-Ri specifically for these storylines. You imply that I don't get it's a storyline, but then you ask "Did you ever just think that they paired The Miz up with whoever his NXT rookie was?" Well, why did they choose A-Ri to be The Miz's NXT rookie? Because the two have glaringly similar personas that mesh well, and have continued to mesh well through a WrestleMania main event up until today (despite Riley not technically being a part of the RAW roster anymore).

If you can't see the WWE are grooming A-Ri, you are a moron. If you think the WWE would trust anyone to go into the ring and work with Stone Cold Steve Austin in this day and age -- well, I personally think you are trying to hard to NOT accept that someone, somewhere, with more of a say than you or I, has a massive hard-on for Alex Riley. And although I don't watch RAW much, from what I have seen, the guy seems extra smooth out there. He doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in a spot that many guys can't handle. Ever. They just can't. Sure, this could be the high-point of Riley's WWE career, but if he becomes more solid in the ring, and even better on the mic, and stops drink-driving -- then I personally believe the guy will have a bright future in the WWE. And the evidence, as much as you try to ignore it, is on my side.

Mr. Nerfect
05-13-2011, 06:34 AM
CSL mentioned Jackson Andrews. To be honest, the guy didn't really need to do much at all, except stand there and look scary for Kidd, and occasionally toss a guy around on the outside and pretend he didn't know anything about it when the ref asked him. But the WWE decided that he wasn't ready. Yet Alex Riley has been paired with The Miz for how long now? Yeah, the WWE clearly has nothing for him. :roll:

Anybody Thrilla
05-13-2011, 02:06 PM
This all certainly took an unexpected turn, but it will probably make me an even bigger Alex Riley fan somehow.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-13-2011, 02:33 PM
No doubt about, the man gets a reaction out of people.

#1-norm-fan
05-13-2011, 02:53 PM
No, the fact is the WWE has plans for him on SmackDown! -- yet they still want to use him on RAW. Jesus Christ. lol

Pull your head out of your ass an realise that people in management see dollar signs in A-Ri.

They see dollar signs in Yoshi Tatsu. That's why he's fucking employed. lol. They see dollar signs in David Otunga... Curt Hawkins... Hornswoggle... Doesn't mean it's retarded to pick the most mundane little storyline twists and be like "OMG THIS MEANS HE'S THE NEXT BIG THING YESSSSSSS!!!"

You could, but it'd make you a retard. The WWE planned to scrap Riley from his role, but then said "Oh shit! The guy is really good in it! Let's keep him there." The storyline is the fucking point. In the written storyline, the WWE WANTS Alex Riley to be involved with The Miz, even when The Miz is heading into a WrestleMania main event.

So to get this straight... assuming that they didn't go from "We're gonna drop him, we're done with him and Miz" to "OMG HE'S SO GOOD! LET'S KEEP IT GOING!" in one week and actually had the whole thing as part of a storyline (even if it was a lame one)... retarded.

If you say "They wanted him heading into WM with The Miz", you atleast have some kind of a point. But NO. You have to claim that WWE... planned to scrap Alex Riley (I don't think that was the case, but if you do, that doesn't actually help your point.), actually went through with it, and then in that one week between Raws said "Oh shit! The guy is really good! Let's keep him there."? ... not retarded, right? So, that's 100% the way it all went down I guess. lol

That would be grasping at a straw to make yourself believe Riley is destined for something amazing. You jump on the "NO YOU'RE RETARDED IF YOU DON'T SEE HIM AS WWE'S CASH COW OF THE FUTURE! NO STOP SAYIN HE WON'T BE!!! LALALALALALALALALAL! RETARD GRR!!! LALALALALALA!!!" Just like I've been explaining this whole time.

It means the WWE want Alex Riley to be associated with a top star, and have no problem with him being featured in that role. It's a good thing. Anyone who thinks that Riley is "just a lackey" is buying into what the WWE is presenting them -- they're a mark (not that that's a bad thing -- makes enjoying the product a lot easier).

Now, I've got no real problem with you, man, we've coexisted around here peacefully for a long time, and I feel your posts add more than they take away -- but please don't talk down to me like I'm an idiot when YOU are the one not getting it. Of course it's all a storyline -- but they've CHOSEN A-Ri specifically for these storylines. You imply that I don't get it's a storyline, but then you ask "Did you ever just think that they paired The Miz up with whoever his NXT rookie was?" Well, why did they choose A-Ri to be The Miz's NXT rookie? Because the two have glaringly similar personas that mesh well, and have continued to mesh well through a WrestleMania main event up until today (despite Riley not technically being a part of the RAW roster anymore).

If you can't see the WWE are grooming A-Ri, you are a moron. If you think the WWE would trust anyone to go into the ring and work with Stone Cold Steve Austin in this day and age -- well, I personally think you are trying to hard to NOT accept that someone, somewhere, with more of a say than you or I, has a massive hard-on for Alex Riley. And although I don't watch RAW much, from what I have seen, the guy seems extra smooth out there. He doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in a spot that many guys can't handle. Ever. They just can't. Sure, this could be the high-point of Riley's WWE career, but if he becomes more solid in the ring, and even better on the mic, and stops drink-driving -- then I personally believe the guy will have a bright future in the WWE. And the evidence, as much as you try to ignore it, is on my side.

If he becomes more solid in the ring and better on the mic, he has a solid future in WWE. If this is your stance... we really don't need to discuss it. That pretty much goes without saying. I do watch Raw though. He has work to do. You can't predict potential though skill-wise. He could have topped out. No one knows.

And I do watch Raw weekly. And he is The Miz' lackey. Whether you think that's "markishly buying into what WWE is trying to make me believe" or not. He comes to the ring with The Miz and stands there... very rarely given the chance to showcase these ring and mic skills that everyone seems to be so sure WWE sees in him. He is there a lot of the time to get beaten down by someone so Miz can escape the fight. That is a lackey. In every sense of the word.

Guys have been paired with people way more over than them before and it's gone on to mean absolutely nothing. Him being paired with The Miz alone means little more than WWE likes Miz having a lackey and Riley is good at that job. It could mean more. To just make up this fantasy world of things WWE has planned for him by taking any little thing he has done and turning it into "Oh, they did that because he's gonna be a huge superstar" is an example of blind markishness for the guy. When he's main eventing, putting on actual wrestling matches that show whatever skill he may have and giving promos that don't include him awkwardly calling John Cena a toilet, THEN I'm right there with you and others on the A-Ri bandwagon. Til then, he's just Miz' lackey.

#1-norm-fan
05-13-2011, 02:58 PM
CSL mentioned Jackson Andrews. To be honest, the guy didn't really need to do much at all, except stand there and look scary for Kidd, and occasionally toss a guy around on the outside and pretend he didn't know anything about it when the ref asked him. But the WWE decided that he wasn't ready. Yet Alex Riley has been paired with The Miz for how long now? Yeah, the WWE clearly has nothing for him. :roll:

You've just proved WWE has more faith in Alex Riley as a manager than Jackson Andrews. Considerably more. Congrats. I'm sure all the Jackson Andrews fans will have something to say about that.

CSL
05-13-2011, 02:59 PM
lol wow

Anybody Thrilla
05-13-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm not leaving this thread alone until Wolfpack423 acknowledges Alex Riley as the second best Alex in wrestling today.

CSL
05-13-2011, 03:10 PM
ABT: TPWW's #1 Alex 'Pug' Porteau fan

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41793_50949201754_2752_n.jpg

Supreme Olajuwon
05-13-2011, 03:36 PM
I don't think Alex Porteau counts anymore. Not since he changed his name to Charlie Haas.

Skippord
05-13-2011, 04:03 PM
I just want everyone to know how badly I would like to be king of the gays

:'(

Skippord
05-13-2011, 04:04 PM
and also how badly I would like to hang out with Alex Porteau

Mr. Nerfect
05-15-2011, 06:38 PM
They see dollar signs in Yoshi Tatsu. That's why he's fucking employed. lol. They see dollar signs in David Otunga... Curt Hawkins... Hornswoggle... Doesn't mean it's retarded to pick the most mundane little storyline twists and be like "OMG THIS MEANS HE'S THE NEXT BIG THING YESSSSSSS!!!"

So to get this straight... assuming that they didn't go from "We're gonna drop him, we're done with him and Miz" to "OMG HE'S SO GOOD! LET'S KEEP IT GOING!" in one week and actually had the whole thing as part of a storyline (even if it was a lame one)... retarded.

If you say "They wanted him heading into WM with The Miz", you atleast have some kind of a point. But NO. You have to claim that WWE... planned to scrap Alex Riley (I don't think that was the case, but if you do, that doesn't actually help your point.), actually went through with it, and then in that one week between Raws said "Oh shit! The guy is really good! Let's keep him there."? ... not retarded, right? So, that's 100% the way it all went down I guess. lol

That would be grasping at a straw to make yourself believe Riley is destined for something amazing. You jump on the "NO YOU'RE RETARDED IF YOU DON'T SEE HIM AS WWE'S CASH COW OF THE FUTURE! NO STOP SAYIN HE WON'T BE!!! LALALALALALALALALAL! RETARD GRR!!! LALALALALALA!!!" Just like I've been explaining this whole time.

If he becomes more solid in the ring and better on the mic, he has a solid future in WWE. If this is your stance... we really don't need to discuss it. That pretty much goes without saying. I do watch Raw though. He has work to do. You can't predict potential though skill-wise. He could have topped out. No one knows.

And I do watch Raw weekly. And he is The Miz' lackey. Whether you think that's "markishly buying into what WWE is trying to make me believe" or not. He comes to the ring with The Miz and stands there... very rarely given the chance to showcase these ring and mic skills that everyone seems to be so sure WWE sees in him. He is there a lot of the time to get beaten down by someone so Miz can escape the fight. That is a lackey. In every sense of the word.

Guys have been paired with people way more over than them before and it's gone on to mean absolutely nothing. Him being paired with The Miz alone means little more than WWE likes Miz having a lackey and Riley is good at that job. It could mean more. To just make up this fantasy world of things WWE has planned for him by taking any little thing he has done and turning it into "Oh, they did that because he's gonna be a huge superstar" is an example of blind markishness for the guy. When he's main eventing, putting on actual wrestling matches that show whatever skill he may have and giving promos that don't include him awkwardly calling John Cena a toilet, THEN I'm right there with you and others on the A-Ri bandwagon. Til then, he's just Miz' lackey.

CSL said it best. Lol wow, indeed.

I've never said that Alex Riley is the next big star -- I've merely said that the WWE sees potential in him, and is obviously grooming him for a top spot. That's why he's in that position when guys like Yoshi Tatsu, Curt Hawkins and Hornswoggle aren't.

I don't know what you other points even mean. The WWE wants A-Ri to be associated with a main eventer. If you can't understand why that is a good thing, or why appearing at every PPV in an active role is a good thing, and that the storyline of being a lackey is getting the guy exposure -- I can't help you. I really can't help you.

Anybody Thrilla
05-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Yo, what did you guys think about Alex Riley on Raw last night?

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Not only does the WWE think the Miz/Alex Riley thing was a good pair they did the same exact thing with the NXT pairing of Alberto Del Rio and Brodus Clay.

Riley got a pretty big ass pop and even a Riley chant last night. He was the real breakout star of NXT Season 2 and he has the whole package as far as I can see. He's also been featured in matches with John Cena and he's taken the Stone Cold Stunner. This breakup has been slowly building up and last night it was perfect. The Mega Awesome Powers have exploded and now the Miz has his next PPV match cause he's done with the WWE title scene for awhile.

Innovator
05-24-2011, 11:07 AM
The crowd broke into a Riley chant, I thought I heard it all when a Masters chant broke out a couple years ago.

JokerFace
05-24-2011, 11:34 AM
The crowd broke into a Riley chant, I thought I heard it all when a Masters chant broke out a couple years ago.

Riley has so much upside, that back then, Master's wasn't remotely close to matching.

I'm ecstatic with how they pushed Riley last night, though I can't help notice that while Riley can't come close to beating up Cena (last week) or Orton (that beat down on Smackdown the week of the draft), he had no problem taking out Miz. Hopefully, just poor oversight on the booking, as opposed to them trying to make Miz look weak.

Anybody Thrilla
05-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Maybe it was just that Riley was fired up and had something to fight for that made him so strong.

Team Sheep
05-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Last night reminded me of the Ruthless Aggression days. Such a great beatdown.

CSL
05-24-2011, 12:13 PM
And once again, he got the little things right, finding the hard cam at the right time, ranting at Miz about everything he's done for him during the beatdown, not going over the top and looking for cheers right off the bat etc. He's money I tell thee.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Maybe it was just that Riley was fired up and had something to fight for that made him so strong.

Yeah that or just the rule of wrestling that heels instantly become tougher when they turn face.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-24-2011, 12:16 PM
As far as lackeys go, he's definitely more Diesel than Virgil. Now let's hope he's booked as such.

Cause I really really really want him to succeed.

Supreme Olajuwon
05-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Trying to think of other lackeys/henchmen that have been successful on their own

Batista obv
Sid kinda but he was already a big deal
Road Dogg

Ummm I dunno drawing a blank

Supreme Olajuwon
05-24-2011, 12:25 PM
I guess Triple H counts too but he wasn't really a lackey

Was more of an equal partnership

Oh The Rock duh. So stupid.

DLVH84
05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
I thought it was great that Riley beat up Miz.

Team Sheep
05-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Dolph Ziggler was once Chavo Guerrero's caddy :p He's done alright for himself.

Anybody Thrilla
05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Cody Rhodes was sort of a lackey, and now he's sort of a success.

Evil Vito
05-24-2011, 02:13 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Riley is the man. I'd love it if he wrestles on SmackDown this week only for Miz to interfere.</font>

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-24-2011, 08:36 PM
You've just proved WWE has more faith in Alex Riley as a manager than Jackson Andrews. Considerably more. Congrats. I'm sure all the Jackson Andrews fans will have something to say about that.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WrjwaqZfjIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Malfeitor
05-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Who's Alex Riley?

Jordan
05-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Miz is weak, that's why he cheats to win, that's why it's okay for Cena to easily beat him, or Alex to kick his ass. It's the fucking Miz, come on. If you do not understand this concept then you are greatly lowering the average IQ of Wrestling fans across the world.

Juan
05-24-2011, 09:38 PM
you are greatly lowering the average IQ of Wrestling fans across the world.

I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

#1-norm-fan
05-24-2011, 10:30 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WrjwaqZfjIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So WWE doesn't have more faith in Alex Riley than Jackson Andrews!? Could have fooled me.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Comparing the two is imbecilic. Jackson Andrews was just a big muscle bound guy with no personality.

Alex Riley has the chance to be one a top star in the WWE, but not as a manager. Riley/Miz will be one hell of a match if it happens at Capitol Punishment.

Miz will do everything in his power to make sure that Riley get over just like Riley helped The Miz.

Mr. Nerfect
05-25-2011, 05:38 AM
And once again, he got the little things right, finding the hard cam at the right time, ranting at Miz about everything he's done for him during the beatdown, not going over the top and looking for cheers right off the bat etc. He's money I tell thee.

Bingo. This is what makes Alex Riley perfect for the WWE. He's got every tool he needs to succeed on a main event level there. The beat-down of The Miz was fucking beautiful, and made A-Ri look like an absolute killer when he is pissed off. He's perfect for the type of "entertainment" the WWE is.

The only thing I have a problem with, is that I don't see the point in Riley being on SmackDown! now. His big face turn happened on RAW, and he is a ready made program waiting for him there. I hope they keep Riley there, and have him face The Miz at Capitol Punishment. I would actually be invested in that match.

Mr. Nerfect
05-25-2011, 05:39 AM
And you can say that I am vastly overestimating Riley's abilities - but my personal tastes have me more interested in Alex Riley after RAW than pretty much anyone else in the WWE (for now). Strike while the iron is hot.

#1-norm-fan
05-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Comparing the two is imbecilic. Jackson Andrews was just a big muscle bound guy with no personality.

Alex Riley has the chance to be one a top star in the WWE, but not as a manager. Riley/Miz will be one hell of a match if it happens at Capitol Punishment.

Miz will do everything in his power to make sure that Riley get over just like Riley helped The Miz.

Ummm... I didn't make the comparison. Noid did. Talk to him about it.

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Except we agree on the two...

The point was that they had the same roles, but Alex Riley:

a) Kept his through the main event of WrestleMania.

b) Has used it to make a career for himself.

Loose Cannon
05-27-2011, 06:28 PM
That face turn last week was incredible. Mz went all out to put him over

Anybody Thrilla
05-27-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that Alex Riley is the best wrestler on the face of the planet, hands down.

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2011, 06:42 PM
That face turn last week was incredible. Mz went all out to put him over

Definitely. Riley held up his end of the bargain, but The Miz helped everything. If they have a match at Capitol Punishment, I think it'll surprise a lot of people. And again, I would actually put down money to see it. I can't say that about too many programs in professional wrestling right now.

Jordan
05-27-2011, 07:35 PM
I wanna say like everyone else, I too enjoyed that fuckin beat down. Also, I knew he had it in him!

I'm not counting on this to be a true face turn, maybe just for a feud with Miz then he loses, goes to Smackdown and gets bigger and goes with Orton for a while etc...

It could be pretty great.

Mr. Nerfect
05-27-2011, 07:51 PM
The only reason I would turn Riley heel is if the face turn doesn't work. If you have a chance to make money off Riley now, take it, I say.

Also, if they plan on turning Christian heel eventually, it'd be good to have some strong faces (crowd connection-wise) on SmackDown!.

#1-norm-fan
05-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Except we agree on the two...

The point was that they had the same roles, but Alex Riley:

a) Kept his through the main event of WrestleMania.

b) Has used it to make a career for himself.

I was just saying Jackson Andrews is not someone to use as a comparison tool.

Apparently SlickyTrickyDamon was incapable of taking my comment in context and thought I was sarcastically claiming that Alex Riley was no better than Jackson Andrews. When in fact I was ACTUALLY saying Jackson Andrews isn't even worth a mention.

And I still can't believe I had to clarify that to him.

Rock Bottom
05-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Riley needs to be addressed (more) in the form of nick name. "Alex Riley" doesn't sound very threatening. That's about the only thing I can see that's wrong with him. Assuming he gets more definition of character when he's out on his own. I'd say he's pretty decent and he works very well with The Miz. This is a good angle.

#1-norm-fan
05-28-2011, 03:18 PM
"John Cena" doesn't exactly sound like a huge superstar name either. Name's only matter early on. If all works out, your name's credibility follows whatever you do. Not vice versa.

I mean... The Undertaker is still a retarded wrestling name if you REALLY think about it.

XCaliber
05-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Riley needs to be addressed (more) in the form of nick name. "Alex Riley" doesn't sound very threatening. That's about the only thing I can see that's wrong with him. Assuming he gets more definition of character when he's out on his own. I'd say he's pretty decent and he works very well with The Miz. This is a good angle.

He has been referred to as the Varsity Villain in the past but that doesn't work very well if they decide to turn him face but then again it could only end up being a temporary thing and will be back to his same old self once he's done his program with The Miz and then continues on his own back on SD where he was supposed to be weeks ago.

CSL
05-30-2011, 10:42 PM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1094031516/small_mick_normal.jpg
realMickFoley (http://twitter.com/#!/realMickFoley) Mick Foley

It's official..Alex Riley is my new favorite wrestler! A-Ri, A-Ri, A-Ri!

31 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#!/realMickFoley/status/75383210258874368) Favorite (http://twitter.com/#) Retweet (http://twitter.com/#) Reply (http://twitter.com/#)

ow yeah

Eighty 0ne
05-30-2011, 10:54 PM
He made Mick a believer... I'm sold.

Mr. Nerfect
05-31-2011, 01:12 AM
How did he look during his segment on RAW this week? Glad they moved Riley back to RAW. I hope they send some guys not doing anything on RAW over to SmackDown!. The Superstars side over there could use some heels like Primo.

Eighty 0ne
05-31-2011, 01:16 AM
IMO, he looked good. Got his own entrance music that sounds good. Survived an ambush attack from behind. Sold the initial beating and worked his way to putting a whuppin on the Miz. As apposed to Cena's superman comebacks, it was a nice change to see a semi-believable fight back into a chase off.

XCaliber
05-31-2011, 01:16 AM
He's still on SD they're just playing out his feud with Miz out for now to get him over first and so far so good.

Mr. Nerfect
05-31-2011, 01:18 AM
I read somewhere that the RAW GM bought back Riley's contract?

The segment sounds good, so to hear it played well makes me happy. I like that they seemingly want to make Riley look strong, and have him kick ass.

Nark Order
05-31-2011, 11:50 AM
#1 wwf-fan, this isn't exactly your finest hour here in this thread. WWE continues to prove you wrong every week.

CSL
05-31-2011, 12:03 PM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EKYHguuJqU8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sheeeet that intro with the orchestral bit for Riley's music is hot fire

XCaliber
05-31-2011, 12:10 PM
I read somewhere that the RAW GM bought back Riley's contract?

The segment sounds good, so to hear it played well makes me happy. I like that they seemingly want to make Riley look strong, and have him kick ass.

Missed that but when I last checked wwe.com he was still listed as being on SD and he was still on the intro from last weeks show too so I dunno but they're gonna need a upper card face if there gonna be turning Christian anytime soon.

Lock Jaw
05-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Yeah, Riley's bypassed the "generic theme" phase to go straight to "cool theme with lyrics"

CSL
05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
arrr, same lot that did Miz's theme and the cover of Dolph's

Hanso Amore
05-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Love the barricade dive

I like the program so far.

Triple Naitch
05-31-2011, 08:55 PM
The opening of his theme and the reaction he got gave me chills.

#1-norm-fan
05-31-2011, 09:49 PM
#1 wwf-fan, this isn't exactly your finest hour here in this thread. WWE continues to prove you wrong every week.

Actually they don't. My point was that people will try find reasons why someone is the next big thing. Which still stands. The reasoning behind things were ridiculous.

If Riley stays on Raw, which it seems he might from what I'm hearing, that supports less the "Riley survived being drafted to Smackdown" argument and more the "WWE has no fucking clue what they want a month in advance" argument.

I'll also use the "WWE has no fucking clue what they're doing a week in advance" argument since Riley losing to Cena to be fired and then coming back the next week under a flimsy "Oh... um... he was fired from one title, and now he has another" kinda shows them changing their mind from one extreme to another within the span of a week. It served no purpose outside of that and it still isn't an example of them being so high on him they did a pointless angle to fire and rehire him.

#1-norm-fan
05-31-2011, 09:51 PM
I will say that I'm enjoying what they're doing with him and I thought he actually looked pretty good last night. I never said I hated the man though or that I didn't want to see him do big things. I actually said I wanted him to be big. I just wasn't gonna use anything and everything I could find to reason him being the next big thing.

CSL
05-31-2011, 10:13 PM
My point was that people will try find reasons why someone is the next big thing. Which still stands. The reasoning behind things were ridiculous.

I just wasn't gonna use anything and everything I could find to reason him being the next big thing.

Cannot believe that this is still your 'argument'/point. If you honestly believe that, you cannot have read a single word of what was written in response to you or you are simply ignoring it so you can keep repeating the same point.

McLegend
05-31-2011, 10:23 PM
I think in 3 months Alex Riley is buried in the mid card.

Good entrance music though.

#1-norm-fan
05-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Cannot believe that this is still your 'argument'/point. If you honestly believe that, you cannot have read a single word of what was written in response to you or you are simply ignoring it so you can keep repeating the same point.

Repeating the same point because someone else brought it up...

Notice I quoted someone. As in I replied to them. Idiot.

#1-norm-fan
05-31-2011, 11:00 PM
And yes I did read the responses... and I didn't find one of them to be a good reason why "He survived a draft" (which ended up being a moot point and showed WWE had no idea what they wanted to do) and "He survived being fired" (Which ended up being a moot point and showed WWE had no idea what they wanted to do) were valid points.

Now, if someone brings it up, I will continue to say it as long as need be.

CSL
05-31-2011, 11:01 PM
lol unreal

#1-norm-fan
05-31-2011, 11:03 PM
lol. Jesus fucking Christ.

I stand corrected!

Jordan
06-01-2011, 01:20 AM
An end.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2011, 11:26 AM
In my eyes, Riley losing to Cena and being brought back under a different title was just The Miz's form of a loophole to keep him around (since he knew how important he was to his success). I feel that was the plan the whole time, and you can't tell me for sure that I'm not right, #1-wwf-fan.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2011, 11:27 AM
It was actually very "Jerichoesque" from when he was a conspiracy victim.

XL
06-01-2011, 11:41 AM
ABT, are you surmising that they used the hired/rehired angle to gain HEEL HEAT!?

Cos that's just ricockulus.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I know, I go out on a limb from time to time.

XL
06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
You wreckless bastard you.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB!

XL
06-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I used to respect you as a member of these here boards but you've totally "Jumped the Shark" with these insane leaps of logic.

For shame AbT, for shame.

Haze
06-01-2011, 12:22 PM
ABT, are you surmising that they used the hired/rehired angle to gain HEEL HEAT!?

Cos that's just ricockulus.

My mind has been blown away.

Volare
06-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Never thought of that tactic! Bischoff must be pissed he didn't come up with that one.

Mr. Nerfect
06-04-2011, 11:11 PM
And yes I did read the responses... and I didn't find one of them to be a good reason why "He survived a draft" (which ended up being a moot point and showed WWE had no idea what they wanted to do) and "He survived being fired" (Which ended up being a moot point and showed WWE had no idea what they wanted to do) were valid points.

Now, if someone brings it up, I will continue to say it as long as need be.

Ugh, can't you read? To borrow from Matt Striker -- "intelligence is the application of knowledge." Apply a little thought to what you read. When I said "he survived a draft," I mean that he still has a place on RAW, when his official place was on SmackDown!. Believe it or not, when the WWE wants you all over the place -- it's a good thing.

You can say they don't have an idea what they are doing all you want -- but so far this angle has played out pretty fucking well. Riley has been given awesome new music, has been made to look like a star, and has been moved back to RAW because someone in the WWE had the brains to realise "Holy shit! This shit we're doing with A-Ri is fucking hot!"

No one was saying Alex Riley is going to revolutionise the industry. Just that he has all the tools to be a major player (which he does), and that the WWE seems to think so, too (which they do). This has all been evidenced as you are forced to stand-by a point that is counter to something absolutely no one was saying.

Now, I just laid an A-Ri-style beating on your ass. See, the guy can even be a meme.

CSL
06-07-2011, 12:51 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n38/von_muff/ari.jpg

Lock Jaw
06-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Dunno, but on RAW, when Alex Riley's music hit, I thought it was Chris Benoit's music for a second.

CSL
06-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Swerve of the millenium

bigslimjj
06-07-2011, 05:55 PM
A-RI is A++. He was in developmental for over three years,and he's had a very decent amount of exposure since coming up from NXT. I see him as one of the breakout stars in the near future,along with Zeke,Morrison,and hopefully Kofi.

XL
06-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Dunno, but on RAW, when Alex Riley's music hit, I thought it was Chris Benoit's music for a second.
Me too.

Londoner
06-08-2011, 05:42 AM
I've been enjoying watching Alex Riley recently. Just hope this isn't another one of those pushes wwe just gives up on. Also love his entrance music.

Mr. Nerfect
06-09-2011, 05:58 AM
Week One: Beat up arguably the biggest active wrestling heel in the company.

Week Two: Dress down arguably the biggest heat machine in the company on the mic, before beating up arguably the biggest active wrestling heel in the company...after he gets the drop on you.

Week Three: Be involved in segments featuring the highest grossing wrestler in WWE history, the boss of the fucking company, the biggest active face in the company, arguably the two biggest active wrestling heels in the company and get your hand raised at the end of the night by two of the biggest names in professional wrestling's history -- both past and present.

The only thing that can ruin this for Riley is something like a DUI...

The Naitch
06-09-2011, 10:17 AM
The only thing that can ruin this for Riley is something like a DUI...

Didn't he already have a DUI when he first became Miz' apprentice? Everybody thought he was gonna be future endeavoured. Or do I sense sarcasm? I'm going with the latter...

JUST MAKING SURE

Anybody Thrilla
06-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Yes, The Naitch.

Supreme Olajuwon
06-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Guys, listen I gotta tell you something. After watching him the last couple weeks, I honestly am gonna have to disagree with you all. I do not think Alex Riley is the worst wrestler today.

Anybody Thrilla
06-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Hmm...I dunno.