PDA

View Full Version : What is this I hear about CM Punk? *Official Thread*

Pages : [1] 2 3

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 11:08 AM
WWE Chairman Vince McMahon suspends CM Punk
June 27, 2011
Tags: Raw: June 27, 2011, CM Punk

Raw’s abrupt conclusion Monday night was not due to technical difficulties. The decision to suddenly end the broadcast in that manner was made by WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, who gave this quote to WWE.com:

“CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air.”

With his WWE contract expiring on July 17, one can only assume that this suspension effectively terminates CM Punk’s tenure with WWE.

So what happened? Is there a youtube?

VSG
06-28-2011, 11:10 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUVFl6DOuMM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

For those who missed it.

Read the threads, redneck.

JimmyMess
06-28-2011, 11:12 AM
It was epic tits BDC. Epic, epic tits!

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Listening to it now.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 11:19 AM
So is he really quitting, someone fill me in.

Mike the Metal Ed
06-28-2011, 11:21 AM
His contract ends IRL after Money in the Bank, Punk is stalling over signing a new contract; which reports suggest WWE want him to, so in case he does decide to leave, it's been turned into an angle where he intends to beat Cena at MITB and walk out as champion. And because his contract is ending, as part of this angle, Punk is doing whatever he likes in the run up.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 11:49 AM
I guarantee he will be on Raw on Monday 18th July

Seth82
06-28-2011, 12:16 PM
if he does leave I'd love to see him back in ROH

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 12:23 PM
ROH is nothing more than a show for people who think they are above true wrestling fans. Instead of watching ROH, why dont you just watch Die Hard? Or even Jackass?

Nark Order
06-28-2011, 12:26 PM
How about everybody just watches what they want to watch? I'm not big into indy wrestling but I've seen some ROH and Japan matches that have absolutely blown my mind into a thousand pieces. It's good stuff. Don't get sucked into the Indy vs WWE tard fest. I've done it before, not worth it. Wonderful content on both sides.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Yeah thats fair. ECW was good at times too. Just not a fan of the 'we hate everything about wrestling except ROH' types

ron the dial
06-28-2011, 12:30 PM
not many of those here to berate.

McLegend
06-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah those ROH fans are a dying breed.

ron the dial
06-28-2011, 12:35 PM
well, that's not what i meant at all.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Did you read the report on the recent ROH ppv? The guy who wrote it had ROH's testicles deep in his throat at the time. it was made out to be the greatest thing ever in the history of wrestling. i imagine if all those guys were so insanely good they would all be in WWE right now since it is the only real wrestling company.

CSL
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
they're still out there in full force, I just don't think any of them post here except Clox.

DAMN iNATOR
ROH is nothing more than a show for people who think they are above true wrestling fans. Instead of watching ROH, why dont you just watch Die Hard? Or even Jackass?

RYAN DUNN JUST DIED LAST WEEK, HAVE SOME RESPECT!:rant:

:shifty:

ron the dial
this is about cm punk and how awesome he is. let's get back to that.

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/8715/cmpunk46nm8.jpg

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 12:55 PM
CM Punk is ok, I think he just has a bit of an attitude problem, which translates well for a wrestling company. But his rant that I saw was very reminiscent of Austin's rants in ECW.

But there is just something about Punk I have never liked.

DAMN iNATOR
06-28-2011, 01:01 PM
If it is indeed his last day on July 17th, I'd just like to say that I will probably remember most the S.E.S.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YN_jnFP7M2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not just because of him, but Luke Gallows and Serena were great, too.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 01:01 PM
RYAN DUNN JUST DIED LAST WEEK, HAVE SOME RESPECT

Haha yeah i forgot about that. Huge loss to the world. I heard he was on the brink of curing cancer before he hopped in a shopping cart and rode it downhill into an oncoming car. Or before he shoved a toy car up his ass. Or Bam Margera's Lips Blah blah blah.

BDC i kinda get where you are coming from. Iv liked Punk for a while now but for the first few years i didnt like a thing about him, thought his moveset was shit, his finish (still) sucks and he kinda looked like a douche.

L.E.G.E.N.D now though

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Also he makes a really bland face. Being a douche bag heel isn't hard. I mean there is lots of cheap heat he has in his promos.

Nark Order
06-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Who's better on the mic in WWE right now, BDC?

DAMN iNATOR
06-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Also he makes a really bland face. Being a douche bag heel isn't hard. I mean there is lots of cheap heat he has in his promos.

This just goes to prove that with some people you just can't please them. I agree that he's a "MEH" 'good-guy', but where have you been the past few years? The S.E.S. and the new Nexus have both been led, in my view, greatly by Punk, which has been augmented by the facts that he has a great look, great skill set and he can really work that microphone...and THAT'S why he generates so much heat. He knows how to work the crowd just right so as to whip them into a frenzy so fierce that if security didn't work the shows in the crowd, a riot would likely break out.

I for one am deeply saddened that Punk's WWE days may be numbered.

DAMN iNATOR
06-28-2011, 01:16 PM

To be totally fair, probably Orton. Barrett's about at the same level as Punk, mic-wise.

RiX1024
I hear he's in the doghouse.

RiX1024
Nah, amazing promo, nowt can beat it.

ron the dial
06-28-2011, 01:17 PM
orton better than punk on the mic? come on now.

The Jayman
06-28-2011, 01:19 PM
I would say The Miz is on the same level as Punk on the mic

CSL
06-28-2011, 01:22 PM
yeah, I big up Orton more than just about anybody here but he's doesn't cover all the bases when it comes to promos. Punk's one of the rare guys that can talk and talk and come across being comfortable the whole time no matter what kind of promo he's cutting, like Piper.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 01:30 PM
To be totally fair, probably Orton. Barrett's about at the same level as Punk, mic-wise.

Orton!!! That guy has delivered the same monotone promo since 2003 with Evolution, he's just gotten slower because of his lame snake character BS.

Nobody in the WWE can touch CM Punk, The Miz or Wade Barrett as far as mic work goes. John Cena comes close but spoils it by spouting horseshit every few seconds. Speaking of which, who else in the WWE can actually speak now?!

Vickie? Is that it?

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 01:43 PM
It was perfectly executed, and I haven't been this confused since Daniel Bryan's release last year. A part of me wants this to be a shoot so bad, although thinking logically it's most likely to be scripted.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 01:49 PM
It was perfectly executed, and I haven't been this confused since Daniel Bryan's release last year. A part of me wants this to be a shoot so bad, although thinking logically it's most likely to be scripted.

There is NO WAY in the world that promo was scripted, that all came from CM Punk. But if you check the Raw run sheet i promise it said something like this

''11:00 - show ends : CM Punk cuts shoot style promo''

Theo Dious
06-28-2011, 01:56 PM
This is clearly one of those things that's an obvious work but the IWC desperately wants to beleive is a shoot because it's a great big blowjob for them.

Theo Dious
06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Also the funny thing is that a friend of mine cut a promo eerily similar to this on Saturday night, except it was at an alcohol-fueled party and he's pretty much alienated all of his friends over it.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 01:59 PM

Fucked if I know, I don't watch WWE programming, if I did I wouldn't have needed to start this thread. I do remember when I was watching, what his promos were like. I just think anyone with some confidence on the mic that starts to rant about people, using their real names and airing dirty laundry would get the same reaction.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Fucked if I know, I don't watch WWE programming, if I did I wouldn't have needed to start this thread. I do remember when I was watching, what his promos were like. I just think anyone with some confidence on the mic that starts to rant about people, using their real names and airing dirty laundry would get the same reaction.

You slag off CM Punk and give your opinion on something you then admit to knowing nothing about?

Twat

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm allowed to not like CM Punk.

jskinnyg
06-28-2011, 02:08 PM
It was epic tits BDC. Epic, epic tits!

Couldn't have said it better... Can't wait until next week... and it has been a LONG time since I thought that...

DLVH84
06-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Well, at least Punk was right about everything he said.

Ermaximus
06-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Saying Orton is better on the mic than Punk is like saying Khali is better in the ring than Kane. It doesn't even come close.

Blitz
06-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm allowed to no like CM Punk.

Absolutely, you can no like anybody you want. But you are discussing something you currently know nothing about which makes you a hypocrite and a simpleton. You KNOW that punk isn't the best on the mic right now but you dont watch the show so you dont know who is better. Bit retarded if you ask me

CSL
06-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Well, at least Punk was right about everything he said.

and the fact idiots like yourself believe that to be the case is just one of the reasons the promo went over so well

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 02:17 PM
dude, calm down, I am just giving my opinion. I never said Punk sucks, I said I don't like him for the following reason. But I apologize for ruining your day by not liking the guy you jerk off too.

DAMN iNATOR
06-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Orton!!! That guy has delivered the same monotone promo since 2003 with Evolution, he's just gotten slower because of his lame snake character BS.

Nobody in the WWE can touch CM Punk, The Miz or Wade Barrett as far as mic work goes. John Cena comes close but spoils it by spouting horseshit every few seconds. Speaking of which, who else in the WWE can actually speak now?!

Vickie? Is that it?

Teddy Long has always actually struck me as pretty "eloquent" except for the "HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA" and all that other assorted garbage-flavored garbage slang he throws around...no wonder he's been in charge of SmackDown! for close to 7 years.

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 02:19 PM
There is NO WAY in the world that promo was scripted, that all came from CM Punk. But if you check the Raw run sheet i promise it said something like this

''11:00 - show ends : CM Punk cuts shoot style promo''

Thanks, I gathered that the promo wasn't scripted; the events were. Are you so desperate to get one over on other people here that you nitpick at everything posted?

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:20 PM
dude, calm down, I am just giving my opinion. I never said Punk sucks, I said I don't like him for the following reason. But I apologize for ruining your day by not liking the guy you jerk off too.

Jesus fucking Christ are you thick?! You are giving your 'OPINION' on something you dont know anything about. Thats my only problem. Is this guy fuckin serious?!

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Im discussing it Chavo, i cant help it if you aren't smart enough to say what you wanna say. Your post implied that you were confused over whether it was a shoot or a work.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 02:22 PM
lol, look at how hard hbpunk tries to play the heel. I saw the youtube of punk whining about how he doesn't get the mega push cena got. I gave my opinion based on that and from what I remember. You are stupid. I feel sorry for your parents.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:24 PM

Fucked if I know, I don't watch WWE programming

Do you understand now BDC???

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:25 PM
How can you have an opinion on something you know nothing about? Typical keyboard warrior

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 02:28 PM
[facepalm]

Where the fuck did I say who was better on the my than CM Punk? I didn't because I admitted I have not been watching WWE programming regularly. I just mentioned I personally do not care for the shoot style promo CM Punk gave. I'm allowed to give my personal opinion on a single promo I have seen just now.

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Im discussing it Chavo, i cant help it if you aren't smart enough to say what you wanna say. Your post implied that you were confused over whether it was a shoot or a work.

Nope. I posted to show that I wanted the whole thing to be real but, when confronted with logic, I knew it wasn't.

My "confusion" was to illustrate how well delivered and conceived the idea of Punk 'shooting' on WWE management and having his mic cut was.

Thanks for trolling what was a nice little thread.

Ermaximus
06-28-2011, 02:31 PM
[facepalm]

Where the fuck did I say who was better on the my than CM Punk? I didn't because I admitted I have not been watching WWE programming regularly. I just mentioned I personally do not care for the shoot style promo CM Punk gave. I'm allowed to give my personal opinion on a single promo I have seen just now.

You didn't, DAMN iNATOR said Orton was better on the mic than Punk. HBPunk is riding your balls because you didn't answer Narc's question about who YOU thought was the best mic worker in the WWE.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:31 PM
OK then, if you dont watch wrestling why the fuck are you on a wrestling forum right now?
Im sure there are plenty of Golden Girls forums you could check out

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Well the Golden Girl forums are just as dead as the Golden Girls. And just because I don't watch wrestling doesn't mean I don't like to keep up on the news and I occasionally go to local shows.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Nope. I posted to show that I wanted the whole thing to be real but, when confronted with logic, I knew it wasn't.

My "confusion" was to illustrate how well delivered and conceived the idea of Punk 'shooting' on WWE management and having his mic cut was.

Thanks for trolling what was a nice little thread.

There's a little click of keyboard warrior bitches here who cant handle a few insults but can hand them out all day long. As soon as one comes your way you say 'TROLL'. Fucking sad man

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Well the Golden Girl forums are just as dead as the Golden Girls. And just because I don't watch wrestling doesn't mean I don't like to keep up on the news and I occasionally go to local shows.

Well if that makes sense to you man then you are one weird little dude. What else to you not watch but always read up on?

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 02:39 PM
There's a little click of keyboard warrior bitches here who cant handle a few insults but can hand them out all day long. As soon as one comes your way you say 'TROLL'. Fucking sad man

I don't remember any insults being traded. What I can see is nearly a page of posts of you arguing with BDC for no reason other than to one-up and/or annoy him. I'm just calling it as I see it.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Whoa, I maybe weird, and I maybe a dude, but there is no way I am little.

Love the Keyboard Warrior

Seth82
06-28-2011, 02:42 PM
CM Punk's promo was fucking awesome

the fact that they let him mention ROH and AJPW kinda surprised me

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I dont like someone talking about something they know nothing about. Its a waste of time. This assclown admits he doesn't watch wrestling so why the fuck is he giving us his opinion? And even more so why is he starting threads about shit he doesn't care about?

The thread is titled 'What is this I hear about CM Punk?' but i dont understand how he heard it if he doesn't watch. Then he criticises the guy despite admitting lacking any knowledge of the situation. Am i mental that i find that retarded? Or are you guys all joined at the asshole?

Razzamajazz
06-28-2011, 02:44 PM
i thought hbpunk was permabanned

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Whoa, I maybe weird, and I maybe a dude, but there is no way I am little.

Love the Keyboard Warrior

Anyone claiming to be 'BigDaddy' on the internet aint all there if ya dig it

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:46 PM
i thought hbpunk was permabanned

There are two of us, im the nice one

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 02:48 PM
I dont like someone talking about something they know nothing about. Its a waste of time. This assclown admits he doesn't watch wrestling so why the fuck is he giving us his opinion? And even more so why is he starting threads about shit he doesn't care about?

The thread is titled 'What is this I hear about CM Punk?' but i dont understand how he heard it if he doesn't watch. Then he criticises the guy despite admitting lacking any knowledge of the situation. Am i mental that i find that retarded? Or are you guys all joined at the asshole?

Just for shits and giggles. What is it that I need to know about the promo that I didn't see in the youtube of it that VSG provided?

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:49 PM
I have honestly seen worse shit written here than iv ever written myself yet i get banned more times than triple h goes over, i dont really get it. (waiting for smart ass bs reply)

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Just for shits and giggles. What is it that I need to know about the promo that I didn't see in the youtube of it that VSG provided?

You need to see the way CM Punk has been used/treated onscreen for the last year or two to understand where the promo came from. Otherwise its just some random shoot

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 02:52 PM

The question is - why do you care so much? Let him be an "ass-clown", it won't make your day any worse or better.

...the fact that they let him mention ROH and AJPW kinda surprised me

Was that the only time ROH has been mentioned clearly on WWE tv? I remember Matt Hardy yelling out something along the lines of "see you in ring of honor" before he was tackled by security.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 02:55 PM
You need to see the way CM Punk has been used/treated onscreen for the last year or two to understand where the promo came from. Otherwise its just some random shoot

Which is why I started the thread. I even asked to be brought up to speed. What is hard for you to understand about that?

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Which is why I started the thread. I even asked to be brought up to speed. What is hard for you to understand about that?

Ok here's an example for you and maybe you will get it then.

I dont watch Basketball at all, i know a little about but fuck all really.

I hear some player scored 75 points in one game.

I ask someone about it.

They point me to a video of the player scoring all those points.

I then tell the person that i dont watch basketball but that guy isn't that good.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 03:15 PM
ok, but that isn't what I said. I said I use to watch wrestling, I am familiar with what makes promos good. And I know what I like. I said I don't care for CM Punk, not that he isn't good, he obviously is. But I personally do not like his style.

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, that was a terrible analogy.

XL
06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Can't believe I'm about to say this but HBPunk does have a point.

He is a troll though and therefore his point won't be taken on board, especially against a guy that is "respected" on these forums.

Granted, he undermines his point with name-calling and over aggressiveness. But still, he does have a point.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Ok im done with this shite man, just to be an even bigger cunt you actually never said you used to watch wrestling, you said you were fucked if you know and you dont watch wrestling. Only reason i was at you is because Punk's promo was off the charts, regarded by every wrestler who tweeted as absolute gold and by everyone on this forum as gold too. Clearly you were trying to troll and i reacted to it. Whatever. Im sure you believe you were right so good job :) kiss and make up

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 03:23 PM
He doesn't really. His analogy assumes that BDC doesn't watch any wrestling, and thus doesn't know a good wrestler from a bad wrestler. The fact that he has over 62,000 posts on a wrestling forum would firmly suggest otherwise.

I wouldn't say BDC is respected any more than other mainstays like WWKD, Destor or Skippord. He's actually shown a lack of understanding of the forums by being dragged into it.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Can't believe I'm about to say this but HBPunk does have a point.

He is a troll though and therefore his point won't be taken on board, especially against a guy that is "respected" on these forums.

Granted, he undermines his point with name-calling and over aggressiveness. But still, he does have a point.

Exactly man. I do wish i was 'respected' by a bunch of people i dont know but i wont be losing sleep over it. I know im spot on but ill leave it. Iv been a victim of this kinda shit before but whatever. Im not a troll as they are fictional and if they were real i doubt they have internet access under a bridge. I shall move on :wave:

Wolfpack423
06-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Personally, I would continue this feud into Summerslam, since his actual contract actually expires in September. Personally, having Cena vs. Punk or Punk vs. HHH maybe sounds alot better than Del Rio maineventing the second biggest show of the year. This is going to be the best feud in the WWE this year. Finally, they are presenting a feud I care about. The only other one I care about in WWE is The Rock vs. John Cena.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:25 PM
He doesn't really. His analogy assumes that BDC doesn't watch any wrestling, and thus doesn't know a good wrestler from a bad wrestler. The fact that he has over 62,000 posts on a wrestling forum would firmly suggest otherwise.

I wouldn't say BDC is respected any more than other mainstays like WWKD, Destor or Skippord. He's actually shown a lack of understanding of the forums by being dragged into it.

Luckily you are bigger than all that and stayed away from it though :shifty:

XL
06-28-2011, 03:25 PM
BDC is stating an opinion based on limited knowledge. If HBPunk were to do that, what would the reaction be?

Waaaaaaaaaaait a minute.

Why am I dragging myself into this?

Forget I said anything.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 03:27 PM

What have I been dragged into? I know HBPunk's reputation around here and I'm bored as hell at work.

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Teddy Long has always actually struck me as pretty "eloquent" except for the "HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA" and all that other assorted garbage-flavored garbage slang he throws around...no wonder he's been in charge of SmackDown! for close to 7 years.

Get the fuck out of this thread right now and don't ever open it again.

Emperor Smeat
06-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I found it interesting how the mic cuts off right when he's about to tell a story about Vince as if its something Vince doesn't want Punk to reveal and then completely cuts off all audio feed so Punk has no chance to say it.

He was able to trash everything up until that point of the promo.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 03:30 PM
BDC is stating an opinion based on limited knowledge. If HBPunk were to do that, what would the reaction be?

Waaaaaaaaaaait a minute.

Why am I dragging myself into this?

Forget I said anything.

XL, limited knowledge of what? I have seen a good deal of CM Punk's career in WWE, and I don't like him. And I asked to be brought up to speed on the current story line or if it is a complete shoot. And by pulling teeth with HBPunk, I finally got a little bit of how CM Punk has been treated poorly for the past few months.

Fignuts
06-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah thats fair. ECW was good at times too. Just not a fan of the 'we hate everything about wrestling except ROH' types

None of those types post here.

There are plenty of "we hate everything exccept WWE" types though.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Personally, I would continue this feud into Summerslam, since his actual contract actually expires in September. Personally, having Cena vs. Punk or Punk vs. HHH maybe sounds alot better than Del Rio maineventing the second biggest show of the year. This is going to be the best feud in the WWE this year. Finally, they are presenting a feud I care about. The only other one I care about in WWE is The Rock vs. John Cena.

I dont have a problem with Del Rio at all, except for the absence of Ricardo's freaky face right now, but Punk vs Cena at SummerSlam sounds better. WWE slightly dropped the ball saying Punk's contract is up at midnight on the same night as MITB cos thats a bit too coincidental. You are right about the main two interesting feud's right now though.

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Luckily you are bigger than all that and stayed away from it though :shifty:

Oh absolutely. I was so enraged by your 'keyboard warrior' comment I couldn't walk away. It's ruined my whole night, or just kept me entertained for a little while. One of the two.

Finally, they are presenting a feud I care about. The only other one I care about in WWE is The Rock vs. John Cena.

They've really thought outside the box with this one. I don't think I can remember a feud leading to a PPV that has been booked in this way.

It would be interesting to know Punk's actual contract situation and if this program is a last-ditch attempt to get him to agree to an extension, or if they're resigned to losing him and giving him a good send off. It's unusual they'd give someone leaving this much attention, so I'm hoping it's the former.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:33 PM
XL, limited knowledge of what? I have seen a good deal of CM Punk's career in WWE, and I don't like him. And I asked to be brought up to speed on the current story line or if it is a complete shoot. And by pulling teeth with HBPunk, I finally got a little bit of how CM Punk has been treated poorly for the past few months.

Yeah i mentioned that halfway through this bitching session, nobody else was trying to help you out so ehh thanks?

PS - Football manager is acting so slow right now so thats why im here getting my dentist work done

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 03:36 PM
What have I been dragged into? I know HBPunk's reputation around here and I'm bored as hell at work.

Maybe you should do some work then?

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Leave HBPunk alone, guys.

Also, BDC has shit taste in wrestlers. He doesn't even care for Swagger. What a nincompoop that guy is.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah i mentioned that halfway through this bitching session, nobody else was trying to help you out so ehh thanks?

PS - Football manager is acting so slow right now so thats why im here getting my dentist work done

yeah...and I do recall a thread not to long ago about how he is a jobber to the stars.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:38 PM
None of those types post here.

There are plenty of "we hate everything exccept WWE" types though.

Everything except WWE does suck though. Why is WWE broadcast to millions of homes around the globe and everything else is in a toilet in New York? TNA is the closest thing to WWE and everyone slates the shit out of it. Iv watched it and its tripe, its WCW-lite. Iv watched ROH and it is nothing but an ECW but sometimes people love to root for the underdog or go against the grain to be cool. If everyone would take a look at themselves in the mirror they would admit that WWE is the best thing going in wrestling today and its been that way since about 1998.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Maybe you should do some work then?

My last day is Thursday, and there is very little work to be done around here. So I'm not very motivated.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Leave HBPunk alone, guys.

Also, BDC has shit taste in wrestlers. He doesn't even care for Swagger. What a nincompoop that guy is.

love you too.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:42 PM
yeah...and I do recall a thread not to long ago about how he is a jobber to the stars.

Of course wins and losses dont matter in wrestling to a certain degree and he was jobbing at every PPV in sight but im guessing it just got to him big time when he saw utter tripe getting pushed ahead of him. Its the same complaint Chavo Guerrero had recently that led to his release. However Chavo cant touch Punk for charisma no matter how superb he is in the ring

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I do sort of agree with BDC about the shoot style promos, though. It's easy to just speak your mind outside of the confines of the "rules", but WWE (and professional wrestling in general) has created it own (cough) universe where things are just a certain way and we're happy to accept things as such. A REALLY good promo is one that is both pertinent to the story, but also works within the confines of the 'universe'.

As a nerdy internet fan, I did enjoy Punk's promo. It was poignant and it was delivered with a beautiful conviction, but let's not pretend that it took a tremendous amount of talent (which he definitely does have) to do it.

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I do sort of agree with BDC about the shoot style promos, though. It's easy to just speak your mind outside of the confines of the "rules", but WWE (and professional wrestling in general) has created it own (cough) universe where things are just a certain way and we're happy to accept things as such. A REALLY good promo is one that is both pertinent to the story, but also works within the confines of the 'universe'.

As a nerdy internet fan, I did enjoy Punk's promo. It was poignant and it was delivered with a beautiful conviction, but let's not pretend that it took a tremendous amount of talent (which he definitely does have) to do it.

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 03:44 PM
love you too.

For anybody keeping track, BDC and I are homies for life.

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Everything except WWE does suck though. Why is WWE broadcast to millions of homes around the globe and everything else is in a toilet in New York?.

This is like saying McDonalds is the best food in the world because there are more restaurants.

The WWE's popularity doesn't necessarily translate from the quality of their product. Generally, a lot of the wrestling is good but you can't honestly say you'd prefer a 5 minute skit involving Hornswaggle over 5 minutes of Davey Richards against Eddie Edwards?

Iv watched ROH and it is nothing but an ECW but sometimes people love to root for the underdog or go against the grain to be cool.

Oh definately. The same way in which emo and scene-kids talk about obscure bands in an attempt to look cooler.

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 03:47 PM
My last day is Thursday, and there is very little work to be done around here. So I'm not very motivated.

You should cut a CM Punk style shoot promo on your last day, sitting Indian style on top of your desk.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:47 PM
And DAMNiNATOR WTF?? Teddy Long must have some huge secret on Vince because that guy having a job is beyond a joke. He lost his appeal when he was just a manager of Jazz and that other bloke. Didnt the Undertaker kill him a while ago??

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 03:49 PM
And DAMNiNATOR WTF?? Teddy Long must have some huge secret on Vince because that guy having a job is beyond a joke. He lost his appeal when he was just a manager of Jazz and that other bloke. Didnt the Undertaker kill him a while ago??

Shhhhhh. Don't bring that guy back in here. He's clearly out of his fucking skull.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:51 PM
This is like saying McDonalds is the best food in the world because there are more restaurants.

The WWE's popularity doesn't necessarily translate from the quality of their product. Generally, a lot of the wrestling is good but you can't honestly say you'd prefer a 5 minute skit involving Hornswaggle over 5 minutes of Davey Richards against Eddie Edwards?

Yeah that was awesome but the tornado tag from raw was ten times better again and that was pure wrestling with no big spots to hold the crowds attention. Im not saying WWE is better BECAUSE it is broadcast worldwide, it is better and THEREFORE is broadcast worldwide. WWE has reached mainstream which allows other smaller companies to attempt to grow

Testicle
06-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Would definitely be down for some CM Punk in NJ.

This whole deal is pretty much awesome in every way. Heated angle. Punk gets time away from WWE / can go do what he wants / door is open for a return. Punk vs. Cena is always good. I'm all for anyone trashing Johnny Ace. Good stuff.

HBPunk
Oh definately. The same way in which emo and scene-kids talk about obscure bands in an attempt to look cooler.

I cant stress this enough but FUCK emo kids. Thos little tight ball hugging jeans they all got on look like shit and testiclewise, they make zero sense.

Ermaximus

:rofl: Rodney Mack.

Corporate CockSnogger
DAMN iNATOR still has a few glitches in his software that need tweaking.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 03:56 PM
:rofl: Rodney Mack.

100 points to you sir, he wasn't worth a google but my goodness he blew

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Rodney Mack was also John Cena's bodyguard for a hot second. Perhaps he'll have some involvement with the Punk feud? Makes perfect sense, really.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 03:58 PM

That is exactly my point. It is kind of whorish. Same as the way the Dudley's were what God would be if he was a heel back in ECW. It doesn't take a whole hell of a lot of talent to cuss out the audience and ask if a mother taught her daughter how to give head. But the point is made, and me liking or not liking punk as a performer is a different argument to this promo.
For anybody keeping track, BDC and I are homies for life.

deal with it haters.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 03:59 PM
You should cut a CM Punk style shoot promo on your last day, sitting Indian style on top of your desk.

I would, but I need the reference. Damn rules to real life.

Emperor Smeat
06-28-2011, 03:59 PM

A good amount of talent is needed or else you'd end up with a mess or ramble of a shoot similar to Vince Russo's shoots in late WCW or when TNA references WWE in random promos.

Punk's promo does manage to stay within the idea of the universe because the main focus of his complaints were that everyone just accepts whatever the universe dictates which explains why he never gets to be on weekly programs or appreciated a lot more. R-Truth actually has been attacking this idea a lot with his "little Jimmys" promos but never at the level of what Punk did last night.

The reaction of the crowd was also a bit special since they didn't start booing him as if they sort of agreed to what he was saying but didn't want to break the idea of the "universe" by cheering him.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Rodney Mack was also John Cena's bodyguard for a hot second. Perhaps he'll have some involvement with the Punk feud? Makes perfect sense, really.

If Punk brings in Rodney Mack, B2, Carlito and Jesus then i will track you down and personally wash your house, car and/or testicles

DAMN iNATOR
06-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Get the fuck out of this thread right now and don't ever open it again.

Oh, I'm sorry. Are we not friends anymore because you're no longer King of The Forum? Well too damn bad. I serve a new king and that is NerF. You don't like it, kiss my ass, because with "friends" like you who needs enemies?

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 04:03 PM
A good amount of talent is needed or else you'd end up with a mess or ramble of a shoot similar to Vince Russo's shoots in late WCW or when TNA references WWE in random promos.

Punk's promo does manage to stay within the idea of the universe because the main focus of his complaints were that everyone just accepts whatever the universe dictates which explains why he never gets to be on weekly programs or appreciated a lot more. R-Truth actually has been attacking this idea a lot with his "little Jimmys" promos but never at the level of what Punk did last night.

The reaction of the crowd was also a bit special since they didn't start booing him as if they sort of agreed to what he was saying but didn't want to break the idea of the "universe" by cheering him.

When you call all of the titles "imaginary", I don't think that's working within the confines of the universe. Again, I'm not trying to take anything away from Punk, as he is obviously a performer of many talents, but I think it's much easier to cut a promo like he did last night than it is to make something like a Kane/Edge program feel believable, for example.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 04:04 PM

So with Punk, Truth and to a lesser degree Mark Henry are we seeing a change in WWE's strict PG rated, ignore all sense and logic philosophy?

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. Are we not friends anymore because you're no longer King of The Forum? Well too damn bad. I serve a new king and that is NerF. You don't like it, kiss my ass, because with "friends" like you who needs enemies?

You didn't just say that. Tell me you did NOT just say that.

DAMN iNATOR
06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
100 points to you sir, he wasn't worth a google but my goodness he blew

Don't forget, he also managed D'Lo Brown, Mark Henry, Rosey, Chris Nowinski and the "Reflection of Perfection" Mark Jindrak. And that's all from the cranium too, didn't need Google or Wiki.

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah that was awesome but the tornado tag from raw was ten times better again and that was pure wrestling with no big spots to hold the crowds attention.

You are aware that not every ROH match has big spots? Wrestlers in ROH rely on these 'big spots' no more than they do in DragonGate or TNA. No-one criticised Kurt Angle for jumping backwards from a cage during that god-awful match with Jarrett last month, but they jump on the bandwagon whenever ROH is concerned.

It's the same way people dismiss CZW as garbage wrestling without giving it a second glance. There are some very good wrestlers and events, but because the Tournament of Deaths receive more attention than anything else it does, CZW will never get any recognition.

Im not saying WWE is better BECAUSE it is broadcast worldwide, it is better and THEREFORE is broadcast worldwide.

Depends on what you define as 'better'. As a wrestling company, one would assume this means wrestling, but it doesn't. The WWE got big through clever marketing, Vince's aggressive takeover strategy in the 80's and Hullamania. None of those things, particularly the third item, have anything to do with good wrestling.

DAMN iNATOR
06-28-2011, 04:10 PM
You didn't just say that. Tell me you did NOT just say that.

Yeah, actually I did...SUCKA. :|

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Don't forget, he also managed D'Lo Brown, Mark Henry, Rosey, Chris Nowinski and the "Reflection of Perfection" Mark Jindrak. And that's all from the cranium too, didn't need Google or Wiki.

I remember the black lads getting a helping hand but cant remember the last two though i admit i haven't really watched smackdown much since the brand split (watched every raw bar 4 though). Your knowledge of Teddy Long and his merry men is pretty fucking good. How many did anything of note in WWE tho? Mark Henry is the longest serving and he's been around so long, doing so little, that his credibility is almost non existent.

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 04:15 PM

When you call all of the titles "imaginary", I don't think that's working within the confines of the universe. Again, I'm not trying to take anything away from Punk, as he is obviously a performer of many talents, but I think it's much easier to cut a promo like he did last night than it is to make something like a Kane/Edge program feel believable, for example.

Thrilla gets it. It takes a certain amount of talent, pose, and public speaking ability to pull off that kind of promo. I'm not saying every wrestler could do it. But I am saying that it is cheap heat not unlike coming into the arena, and insulting the local sport teams, saying the local food specialty sucks, and that they are a bunch of what ever the common slur for the area is. But weaving all of that into a narrative of sorts for the promo. That is cheap.

Coming out and making the points in a narrative promo with the bullet points of Cena kisses ass, the Rock (also known as Dwayne Johnson) kisses ass, Hogan kisses ass, the future owner will suck and are stupid, and the belts being imaginary is cheap. He expertly wove those into his promo, but the bullet point are whorish.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Depends on what you define as 'better'. As a wrestling company, one would assume this means wrestling, but it doesn't. The WWE got big through clever marketing, Vince's aggressive takeover strategy in the 80's and Hullamania. None of those things, particularly the third item, have anything to do with good wrestling.

Well if you say company after wrestling you have to look at $$$ and then Vince wins hands down. I agree WWE focuses less on wrestling than other companies, whether it be stupid skits, XFL, Tough enough etc but they have the money, money talks and the best wrestlers will want the big paycheck so you have to assume the majority of the best wrestlers are in WWE. ie better matches

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 04:21 PM
In all fairness, there are some really fucking good wrestlers in WWE.

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 04:24 PM

And some we don't know are good because they only get 3 minutes a week to show us. It's an embarrassment of riches really.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 04:25 PM

Im sure many of us wouldn't lose any sleep if we never saw Mysterio, Kane, Chavo (until recently) etc again but they are as good as it gets in the ring to the point that they are almost flawless

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 04:28 PM
someone is gonna post about Michelle and Layla now right?

DAMN iNATOR
06-28-2011, 04:29 PM
I remember the black lads getting a helping hand but cant remember the last two though i admit i haven't really watched smackdown much since the brand split (watched every raw bar 4 though). Your knowledge of Teddy Long and his merry men is pretty fucking good. How many did anything of note in WWE tho? Mark Henry is the longest serving and he's been around so long, doing so little, that his credibility is almost non existent.

LOL, well Nowinski isn't black and neither is Jindrak. Nowinski was the Harvard elitist guy on RAW c. 2003. He never lasted long. Jindrak didn't either but he was the last guy Teddy Managed before becoming GM of SD! in like July of '04.

Goulet
06-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Im sure many of us wouldn't lose any sleep if we never saw Mysterio, Kane, Chavo (until recently) etc again but they are as good as it gets in the ring to the point that they are almost flawless

Kane? really?

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 04:34 PM
LOL, well Nowinski isn't black and neither is Jindrak. Nowinski was the Harvard elitist guy on RAW c. 2003. He never lasted long. Jindrak didn't either but he was the last guy Teddy Managed before becoming GM of SD! in like July of '04.

Derp :) i mean i remember Teddy helping Rodney, D-Lo, Henry and Rosey but not when he was in charge of Chris and Mark. I really enjoyed Nowinski when he was around but he's quite the bitter ex-wrestler now sadly. Jindrak had a good look but his in ring ability left a lot to be desired. I think he was only hired cos of Vince crushing on big men

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Kane? really?

For which part? That he's excellent in the ring or that we wouldn't miss his character? I think he's an excellent wrestler especially for his size. Its kinda nice that he's still there but i think he's been around the block enough times now and since the unmasking he's lost a little something that he'l never get back. Not even the unmasking, it might be just the shaved head. He kinda looks like a giant baby at times with that big cueball

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Kane is as good as any big man is in the ring.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 04:47 PM
HEY!!! We agree on something. So emmm, i dunno, you wanna maybe go out sometime? :)

dronepool
06-28-2011, 04:58 PM
So does all this positive response prove that people prefer edgy and that this recent PG strangleholds suck? I haven't really payed much attention to WWE since May but this CM Punk "worked shoot" was good stuff, RAW wasn't even that great.. but Punk made me put the volume up and look away from my laptop for 10 minutes.

Not saying I'm gonna go out of way to catch RAW if I have plans, but he did something great last night.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Im pretty sure the entire population over the age of 11 prefers edgy over PG. I suggest you stick to your other plans next monday night, you are way way too cool to be seen watching lame old wrestling

Taker it Easy
06-28-2011, 05:18 PM
*Clears Throat*

loopydate
06-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Threads like these are the reason I blocked HBPunk months ago. My life is much more enjoyable because of it.

XL
06-28-2011, 05:24 PM
:rofl:

Where does this "Punk's contract actually ends in September" stuff come from?

The Rock did the same thing and people here ate it up. Different rules for different fools?

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Threads like these are the reason I blocked HBPunk months ago. My life is much more enjoyable because of it.

If i wanted to i could change IP address, different name etc. Just chill out man. If you read the thread you will see i was spot on with everything i said. Plus this is the most entertaining thread in weeks outside of the Raw ones. Come here and gimme a hug :yes:

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 05:33 PM
HEY!!! We agree on something. So emmm, i dunno, you wanna maybe go out sometime? :)

Surprise, when you pull your head out of your ass and listen instead of getting all trolly we can find common ground.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Where does this "Punk's contract actually ends in September" stuff come from?

The Rock did the same thing and people here ate it up. Different rules for different fools?

1. It was mentioned months ago that his contract was up in the autumn.

2. The Rock is the biggest name in the history of wrestling, i said this in a thread months ago that he has now surpassed Hulk Hogan. I guess its just bias on some people's part. I think Punk's promo easily tops what Rock said on his return. Hell, even Cena's rap responding to Dwayne was better than anything Dwayne said

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Surprise, when you pull your head out of your ass and listen instead of getting all trolly we can find common ground.

And when you pull your head out of your ass and listen instead of getting all trolly we can find common ground too :)

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 05:37 PM
*Clears Throat*

Seriously though, what the fuck is this shit?! I get banned 1,001 times and this asshole is accepted?!

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 05:45 PM
And when you pull your head out of your ass and listen instead of getting all trolly we can find common ground too :)

I wasn't trolling this thread. When I am trolling, you will know.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 05:49 PM
I wasn't trolling this thread. When I am trolling, you will know.

Ditto Daddyo

Juan
06-28-2011, 06:11 PM

God you are such a tool.

dronepool
06-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Im pretty sure the entire population over the age of 11 prefers edgy over PG. I suggest you stick to your other plans next monday night, you are way way too cool to be seen watching lame old wrestling

I'd never break plans to watch RAW. Especially a taped RAW. I'd never break plans to watch any TV show in general.

Shadrick
06-28-2011, 06:34 PM
God you are such a tool.

At least he doesn't abuse mod pow-*gets mic cut off*

Krimzon7
06-28-2011, 06:55 PM
:rofl: at BDC actually assuming the Indian style position!!!

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 08:29 PM
I'd never break plans to watch RAW. Especially a taped RAW. I'd never break plans to watch any TV show in general.

Aww i know man, Monday at 9-11 is easily the most hectic time of the week for partying. You seem like such an awesome, cool guy i almost feel bad for you that you cant ever get a break what with all your plans. So many plans all the time, you must never rest. TV is only for losers aint it? How do you even get time out from all your crazy hectic plans to come to this site and type anything? Your probably way behind on all your plans for today just for coming here to tell us all about your plans.

Jordan
06-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I love this angle, it makes it seems like anything could happen. The idea of an ECW 97 style ROH Invasion plagues my mind... Punk, Bryan, perhaps The Kings of Wrestling, fuck the Nexus that is a stable to dominate WWE.

Xero
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
The difference between ROH and ECW was that Heyman was a consultant, and I'm sure that played a HUGE part in getting help from Vince. Plus they had the common enemy in WCW.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 08:40 PM
RAW wasn't even that great.. but Punk made me put the volume up and look away from my laptop for 10 minutes.

Not saying I'm gonna go out of way to catch RAW if I have plans, but he did something great last night.

Can we help this poor guy? Maybe one of us could volunteer to help him with all his plans? He might never see Raw again even though he's a little too cool to watch it anyway. I know we all have no life so thats why we are free most MONDAY nights but this guy has just too many plans. He could only just lift his head from his laptop for ten mins to watch CM Punk this week, probably making so many plans at the time that he couldn't even watch it properly but he did turn the sound up so at least thats something.

HBPunk
06-28-2011, 08:43 PM
And an ROH invasion would fall flat as 99% of the crowd would be going 'who?'. Hell 99% of the crowd say that when Daniel Bryan comes to the ring now and he's been in the WWE for over a year

Jordan
06-28-2011, 08:46 PM
The difference between ROH and ECW was that Heyman was a consultant, and I'm sure that played a HUGE part in getting help from Vince. Plus they had the common enemy in WCW.

Oh absolutely that's a great point. Though on the flip side there isn't anything preventing Punk from being that liaison of sorts. We all hear about Punk being "in the dog house" over the years but let us not forget who listened to Paul Heyman and went to ROH to evaluate Punk, Mister Heart Break Kid and The Game.

At least that was a report online many years ago.

Even more possible I think would be just a more forceful stable coming out featuring some of the guys I listed above but seperating itself from ROH, so perhaps not a proper Invasion of ROH, just Punk building a new Straight Edge Army to combat WWE, Vince, Cena, and as everyone hopes for Triple H.

Jordan
06-28-2011, 08:50 PM
And an ROH invasion would fall flat as 99% of the crowd would be going 'who?'. Hell 99% of the crowd say that when Daniel Bryan comes to the ring now and he's been in the WWE for over a year

It's all just my fan boy speculation anyway....

It wouldn't matter if nobody knew who they were, they know Punk, Bryan electrifies the crowd anytime he turns it up past 5, and if they do sign The Kings of Wrestling they would get over on impact (no pun intended).

In my fantasy I guess it wouldn't be an "ROH" invasion to anyone who didn't know ROH, but hardcore fans would obviously make a connection. I'd just have WWE sell it as Punk's indie friends, maybe mention ROH another time or two and then call them The Straight Edge Society.

Jordan
06-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Even better, have Punk lose by getting a screwjob from Vince ala Montreal or something...

Punk returns as a manager with a new stable featuring Bryan and KOW (who work really well with a good manager IMO) all leading to Punk inevitable showdown with Cena, Game, Austin, or Vince..... I'd fuckin die

Xero
06-28-2011, 08:55 PM
KOW are not getting a push that big and fast. Danielson I could see. Maybe throw in Nattie as their valet and another current talent to round it out.

dronepool
06-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Can we help this poor guy? Maybe one of us could volunteer to help him with all his plans? He might never see Raw again even though he's a little too cool to watch it anyway. I know we all have no life so thats why we are free most MONDAY nights but this guy has just too many plans. He could only just lift his head from his laptop for ten mins to watch CM Punk this week, probably making so many plans at the time that he couldn't even watch it properly but he did turn the sound up so at least thats something.

I don't think I'm cool, I just lost some interest (again) and if I watch it, okay cool.. if I don't.... big deal. If something interesting happened I'll read/hear about here. I'm not a hardcore fan, never was. I was never super enthusiastic about this product.

Yesterday I was waiting for a friend to come over and I had RAW in the backround while browsing the net pretty much.

I just rather go out after work now than go home and watch TV. I don't see the big deal here.

djoutcry
06-28-2011, 08:56 PM
so um....why was he in a SCSA t-shirt again?

Juan
06-28-2011, 08:57 PM
He's a fan

Xero
06-28-2011, 08:58 PM
so um....why was he in a SCSA t-shirt again?

Could be anything.

Signifying that it's his Austin 3:16 speech.

A nod to the Austin/Punk feud.

Could just be he threw it on in hopes of making people talk and just did it for the lulz.

Jordan
06-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Punk basically can do no wrong... I wonder how the casual Raw viewer feels about him, do they think he's as cool as we do?

Jaton
06-28-2011, 09:23 PM
This is clearly one of those things that's an obvious work but the IWC desperately wants to beleive is a shoot because it's a great big blowjob for them.

I'm inclined to go with this. Reminds me of the Matt Hardy thing years back.

St. Jimmy
06-28-2011, 09:29 PM
This is fantastic, I know it's a work but it's so fucking good.

Xero
06-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Punk basically can do no wrong... I wonder how the casual Raw viewer feels about him, do they think he's as cool as we do?
I'm sure some do, but for the most part he's the big evil baddy and Cena is the big good daddy.

St. Jimmy
06-28-2011, 09:30 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2011-06-27/mcmahon-suspends-punk

Mercury Bullet
06-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Almost...feel like watching to see how this plays out....

Juan
06-28-2011, 09:32 PM
MB sighting!

St. Jimmy
The best part of it is that with the ending and with the suspension, it's going to have everyone guessing "will he be on raw, will he be at money in the bank?" and it'll make them watch.

Xero

It's a shoot in the sense that it's his true feelings and maybe he did go a bit too far (though that was apparently the plan), but anyone who thinks that it isn't a worked storyline needs to get their head examined.

He had the permission to go out there and say what needed to be said. IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Malfeitor
06-28-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm actually tempted to order the PPV now. That's how good Punk is.

screech
06-28-2011, 09:37 PM
A thought: What if he wins MITB, loses the title match and "leaves" with the case? Could be pretty cool having the champ always looking over his shoulder, though never really knowing if Punk is even at the arena.

screech
06-28-2011, 09:38 PM
I know it won't happen (I'm not even sure who's in MITB), but it just came to me so I wanted to throw it out there.

Xero
06-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah I thought about that. Like you could have one of the seven participants taken out by Nexus or something during the entrance and have Punk jump the rail and steal the case.

screech
06-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah I was thinking he'd Jack Bauer someone's spot like that to enter.

I don't mean seize a distraction to just take the case, I mean actually winning it for a third time.

screech
06-28-2011, 09:42 PM
If that's what you meant and I misinterpreted, my bad.

screech
06-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Imagine he takes the case with him to NJPW or ROH, or even TNA (would be hilarious to see the reactions on the show, especially live).

screech
06-28-2011, 09:45 PM
It would be ridiculous in any promotion really, but I feel like TNA would go completely over the top with it.

Would make for great TV.

Xero
06-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Vince wouldn't want his case thrown away on live TV.

LOL, they'd probably do something like they did with Flair's belt in the WWF and just blur it. That would be fucking hilarious.

screech
06-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Or just make it a black bar.

Xero
06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
A black "censored" bar.

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 09:53 PM

If you're talking about The Rock's return promos, I don't think those were anywhere close to the same thing as what Punk did. The Rock kept it within the realm of WWE, talking about Cena and things that anybody who had been watching could have noticed. Punk was talking about John Laurinitis and ROH, and I bet a bunch of people had no idea what the fuck he was talking about.

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 09:54 PM
The Rock never broke the 4th wall.

Xero
06-28-2011, 09:56 PM
From JBL's Facebook:

"I haven't watched a wrestling program since well before I left WWE 2+ years ago. Heard about CM Punk's promo and watched it this morning-WOW! That was awesome, as good as I have ever seen. I worked with CM when he first became champ-really enjoyed it and really happy to see what a stud he has become. When you can put doubt as to whether shoot or work-you have done your job very well!"

===

It's really true.

Chavo Classic
06-28-2011, 09:57 PM
The Rock never broke the 4th wall.

He never asked Colt Cobana how he was doing either. Rude.

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Maybe they'll have Scotty Goldman on Raw next week to respond to CM Punk's question?

BigDaddyCool
06-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Maybe they'll have Scotty Goldman on Raw next week to respond to CM Punk's question?

Doing good?

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 10:31 PM
I'd also like to say that I think all of these ROH stable theories are absolutely ridiculous. Pull it together, guys.

Aguakate
06-28-2011, 11:34 PM
CM Punk is MONEY. He's awesome, has the potential to become a Superstar, and the company's #1 heel...

...I never understood why the WWE didn't capitalize on his "SES" stable, when he was talking about being "the savior" etc. If you remember, he also had a memorable role on a recent Royal Rumble (can't remember what year), when he had a long promo that was only interrupted by Punk eliminating whoever came in...that was AWESOME, too...so the potential has always been there.

But WWE never did anything with him until now...they had him feud with Rey and lose his hair, which was dumb.

XL
06-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Why was it dumb?

Anybody Thrilla
06-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Would you please stop poorly recapping Punk's WWE tenure and make a damn point, Aguakate?

Aguakate
06-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Why was it dumb?

Because he was perhaps the hottest heel at the time and it made him look weak...kinda took some steam off him.

DLVH84
06-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Imagine he takes the case with him to NJPW or ROH, or even TNA (would be hilarious to see the reactions on the show, especially live).

If it was New Japan, they would care less....ROH, not so sure...TNA, definitely make a big deal.

XL
06-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Because he was perhaps the hottest heel at the time and it made him look weak...kinda took some steam off him.
Punk got some serious heat in that fued. The promo with Rey's family, the mask he wore to cover his baldness.

The thing that derailed the SES was fueding with Big Show and losing in Handicap Matches week after week. That was dumb.

TNA&USA#1
06-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Can't wait for Punk to come back to TNA. The turnaround is in full effect.

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Haha CM Punk would probly retire than let fucking hogan and bischoff near his career. That rumble match was two years ago when punk was on the mic for most of the first half of the match, possibly my favourite rumble moment after michaels 1995

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 12:59 AM
I don't think I'm cool, I just lost some interest (again) and if I watch it, okay cool.. if I don't.... big deal. If something interesting happened I'll read/hear about here. I'm not a hardcore fan, never was. I was never super enthusiastic about this product.

Yesterday I was waiting for a friend to come over and I had RAW in the backround while browsing the net pretty much.

I just rather go out after work now than go home and watch TV. I don't see the big deal here.

No worries dude, you are just discovering girls or pubes or something, happened us all. You are way way too cool for wrestling though.

And TV? TV is probly the all time greatest invention, it is so perfect in every way, so informative, so easy to use, its just the dogs bollocks and the bees knees rolled into one...its the bees bollocks

XL
06-29-2011, 01:05 AM
HBPunk, why are you taking the fact that dp doesn't watch weekly so personally?

XL
06-29-2011, 01:06 AM
Also, why did BDC steal Naitch's FILL ME IN gimmick?

Juan
06-29-2011, 01:10 AM

He just likes picking fights.

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 01:15 AM

I think its a slap in the face to me to discuss the product when its only a short 2 hour show on once a week (raw, sd desnt matter) and the guy admits he doesnt care for it and almost takes pride in the fact that he doesn't watch it regularly. I have no problem with people not watching at all but i dont need smoke blown up my ass either. his opinion is bs to me if he doesnt care. that good enough for you?

Juan
06-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Wrestling is serious business

XL
06-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Not really.

Also, your opinion on SmackDown is ridiculous.

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 01:17 AM
He just likes picking fights.

Says the guy who constantly harrassed me on every single post i made, constantly neg repping me (like it matters!) and posted on my wall constantly even tho i almost begged you to stop annoying me? also i answered xl's question as you posted this crap

Juan
06-29-2011, 01:18 AM
Harassing, he says.

You poor thing

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 01:20 AM
Not really.

Also, your opinion on SmackDown is ridiculous.

well then i cant help you. i find the taped environment less exciting, i hate teddy long, most my favourite wrestlers are on raw and Randy Orton is an unbearable asshole with an almost laughable,embarrassing gimmick. it all adds up to me not caring about smackdown

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 01:21 AM
Harassing, he says.

You poor thing

you are still at it right now sure. again. then ill tell you to fuck off and then of course ill be banned again. as someone posted earlier you just get off on being a mod and i guess thats your thing. kindly leave me alone so?

Tom Guycott
06-29-2011, 01:39 AM
I can see it now:

Vince comes out to publicly announce Punk's suspension. Punk comes out sans music like a rebel (but still in ring gear, you know, because in street clothes he's "unrecognizable") and says "I respect you, booker man!"

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 01:50 AM
and then vince can hit the spinneroonie

Tom Guycott
06-29-2011, 01:58 AM
and then vince can hit the spinneroonie

What you did there; I see it.

Juan
06-29-2011, 02:04 AM
you are still at it right now sure. again. then ill tell you to fuck off and then of course ill be banned again. as someone posted earlier you just get off on being a mod and i guess thats your thing. kindly leave me alone so?

You got me pegged, mate. Moderating an internet wrestling forum makes my dick hard.

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 05:06 AM
woo woo woo you know it

XL
06-29-2011, 06:54 AM
well then i cant help you. i find the taped environment less exciting, i hate teddy long, most my favourite wrestlers are on raw and Randy Orton is an unbearable asshole with an almost laughable,embarrassing gimmick. it all adds up to me not caring about smackdown
That's a fair explanantion as to why you don't care, but you said that SD "didn't matter" and that's just not true.

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 07:35 AM
That's a fair explanantion as to why you don't care, but you said that SD "didn't matter" and that's just not true.

Jesus Christ and im accused of nitpicking! SmackDown "doesn't matter" to me because of the reasons i listed and you accepted. I used the term "doesn't matter" but ill say its not my cup of tea, is that better Mr. Hitler? This is MY opinion right? And MY opinion is 100% right in my head because its mine. Its so narrowminded and ridiculous of you to tell me MY opinion isn't true. You can absolutely disagree all you want but it doesn't change the fact that if i breeze over the SD spoilers instead of watching the show, its up to me to do so. So yeah SD does not matter to me. I watch every second of RAW every single week since as long as i can remember and since it is a seperate show to SD i am missing out on absolutely nothing. Fuck me

MIZantine Empire
06-29-2011, 07:36 AM
i have watched the punk promo twice..and after doing so today i saw the other wrestlers (which by the way was my fav part of punks promo, saying he is the best "wrestler" in the world when wwe is trying so hard to have them be "superstars") twitter posts. and i saw kurt angles, and how he said if punk mentioned him again he would be done...when did punk mention kurt? im sorry i love kurt angle, but twitter is making him seem like a douche more and more

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 07:42 AM
i have watched the punk promo twice..and after doing so today i saw the other wrestlers (which by the way was my fav part of punks promo, saying he is the best "wrestler" in the world when wwe is trying so hard to have them be "superstars") twitter posts. and i saw kurt angles, and how he said if punk mentioned him again he would be done...when did punk mention kurt? im sorry i love kurt angle, but twitter is making him seem like a douche more and more

I dont remember any beef between Punk and Angle but i reckon Kurt is bummed that he's stuck in TNA and its going nowhere. I bet he thought he was a big enough name to lift the ratings all by himself and now its dawning on him that he cant. Add to that he's getting older and his injuries are probably getting harder to deal with so maybe he's just bitter. Perhaps he wishes he could have cut the promo himself when he was in WWE?

Rammsteinmad
06-29-2011, 07:45 AM
I've lost count of how many times I've seen this promo now. Seriously, THIS is a work of art, and despite title victories, Money in the Banks victories and Wrestlemania appearances, this will surely be one of CM Punks biggest moments when reviewing his career in the future. It's truly captivating, and the subject matter keeps everyone listening to every word.

Rammsteinmad
06-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Didn't Punk say something about Angle during the whole Orton/Angle Slam/Angle/RKO incident? Maybe that's what Kurt is referring to?

XL
06-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Jesus Christ and im accused of nitpicking! SmackDown "doesn't matter" to me because of the reasons i listed and you accepted. I used the term "doesn't matter" but ill say its not my cup of tea, is that better Mr. Hitler? This is MY opinion right? And MY opinion is 100% right in my head because its mine. Its so narrowminded and ridiculous of you to tell me MY opinion isn't true. You can absolutely disagree all you want but it doesn't change the fact that if i breeze over the SD spoilers instead of watching the show, its up to me to do so. So yeah SD does not matter to me. I watch every second of RAW every single week since as long as i can remember and since it is a seperate show to SD i am missing out on absolutely nothing. Fuck me
You're missing the point. Your statement that "SD doesn't matter" didn't include the words "to me" therefore you can't get all annoyed about YOUR opinion being brought into question when that wasn't even up for debate in the first place.

Futhermore, you had a whole rant about how BDC 's opinion doesn't count cos he doesn't watch, turns out you don't watch SD (you read spoilers) so - by your own logic - your opinion on SD "doesn't matter".

You also got all butt-hurt about dronepool not watching Raw, then you try to defend the fact that you don't watch SD by saying it's "up to me"!?

Little hypocritical if you ask me.

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 09:16 AM
You're missing the point. Your statement that "SD doesn't matter" didn't include the words "to me" therefore you can't get all annoyed about YOUR opinion being brought into question

Yeah your right. When i said SD doesn't matter i was of course giving someone else's opinion. Can you stop being a little pedantic bitch now? Ill say what you wanna hear "you are great and always right" Well done.

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Didn't Punk say something about Angle during the whole Orton/Angle Slam/Angle/RKO incident? Maybe that's what Kurt is referring to?

Kurt was bang outta line with all that stuff about the angle slam. If a current wrestler wasn't allowed use a fellow wrestler/retired wrestlers moves then wrestling would cease to exist. Even Ric Flair stole 'nature boy' so i think Kurt shut keep quiet

XL
06-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah your right. When i said SD doesn't matter i was of course giving someone else's opinion. Can you stop being a little pedantic bitch now? Ill say what you wanna hear "you are great and always right" Well done.
:roll:

#BROKEN Hasney
06-29-2011, 10:56 AM
You got me pegged, mate. Moderating an internet wrestling forum makes my dick hard.

You heard WWKD? Can't make it to the next mod circle jerk? Kinda gutted right now.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-29-2011, 11:23 AM
You heard WWKD? Can't make it to the next mod circle jerk? Kinda gutted right now.

I'll be there in spirit and via cardboard cutout of myself with a webcam attached. Modern technology makes long distance circle jerks a little more feasible.

XL
06-29-2011, 11:30 AM
HBPunk (and others) should think themselves lucky. If I were mod I'd have zero tolerance on that was bullshit IMO.

Lighten up, guy.

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 11:35 AM
why are you still talking about me XL? You had your stubborn little hissy fit and im done with it. If you were a mod here you would be the only member left on the site. Now back to your basement, those cheetos wont swallow themselves

#BROKEN Hasney
06-29-2011, 11:55 AM
I think we need a new foodstuff insult for tired internet nerd insults. I've never been a fan of cheetos, far too cheesy. Really like cheese Doritos though, but I think Sushi would be the best.

#BROKEN Hasney
Are they cheesier, or is it a different kind of cheese? Hate Wotsits too.

Innovator
Twinkies are too passe.

Nachos?

Fast Food?

#BROKEN Hasney
06-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Just remembered that Spicy Tomato Wheat Crunchies were pretty good, that could be an option too.

MIZantine Empire
06-29-2011, 11:58 AM
he did, but i dont think he meant then. it was a post of a bunch of different wrestlers, both from tna and wwe commenting on punks promo. here is the tweet i was talkin about.
Kurt Angle: “CM Punk had classic promo last night. Good for Him. But if U ever say another word about Me again, Ur toast! If U don’t believe Me, try Me!”
like i said, i love kurt..but thanks to the internet, he is turning into matt hardy for me...

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Actually cheese doritos are about the only cheese based snack worth talking about. All the rest apparently leave giant orange stained fingers which cant be right. Its all in the typing tho when it comes to the internet nerd insults. I had a mate back in the junior high days who loved this site and he was the biggest keyboard warrior of all time. he could never let anything go though (like XL in this instance) so thats why i just picture his fat ass when i read posts by certain muppets.

Back to your point, i think Sushi is a bit far fetched? Perhaps Caviar?

What Would Kevin Do?
06-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Probably in the minority here, but I'll take Cheez-its over cheese doritos any day. Especially the pepper jack cheez-its.

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 12:06 PM
The way XL says i should 'think myself lucky' is hilarious too. Id think i was 'lucky' if i won every bet i ever placed or kept stumbling into piles of cash all day long, not cos i was allowed to type what i like on one small internet wrestling forum among thousands of wrestling forums. Its silly things like that where ya just go 'what the fuck dude, are you aware of anything in the real world at all'

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Thats all.

Cheez-its? never had them. Pringles are basically the go to thing during a PPV or RAW especially when weed is involved

BigDaddyCool
06-29-2011, 12:09 PM
HBPunk (and others) should think themselves lucky. If I were mod I'd have zero tolerance on that was bullshit IMO.

Lighten up, guy.

And if I was I would totally abuse my power, and lock thread to people I don't like. That is why I have to pay $50 for 10 minutes of modding, but man that was worth it.

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 12:11 PM
$50??! You could have paid a crack addict to suck you off for a week with that!

What Would Kevin Do?
06-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Thats all.

Cheez-its? never had them. Pringles are basically the go to thing during a PPV or RAW especially when weed is involved

Pringles are the shit. Cheez-its aren't bad. THey're more like a cracker though, not a chip. It's almost like a cheddar saltine cracker or something.

http://www.coupondad.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Cheez_It.gif

Rammsteinmad
06-29-2011, 12:15 PM
he did, but i dont think he meant then. it was a post of a bunch of different wrestlers, both from tna and wwe commenting on punks promo. here is the tweet i was talkin about.
Kurt Angle: “CM Punk had classic promo last night. Good for Him. But if U ever say another word about Me again, Ur toast! If U don’t believe Me, try Me!”
like i said, i love kurt..but thanks to the internet, he is turning into matt hardy for me...

Yeah I know that... but your post doesn't explain what Kurt was talking about 'being mentioned'... which is what another poster asked.

I think it's Kurt saying it was a great promo, but he still 'has beef' with Punk from Punks comments (if he made any) on the Orton/Angle Slam/Angle/RKO thing...

HBPunk
06-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Hmmm that doesnt sound half bad, always thought the cracker was a good idea that was sorta left unfinished.

Malfeitor
06-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I think we need a new foodstuff insult for tired internet nerd insults. I've never been a fan of cheetos, far too cheesy. Really like cheese Doritos though, but I think Sushi would be the best.

It ain't easy being cheesy.

Innovator
06-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Former creative members talking about the Punk promo:

<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/h5YOgsWIXAI.html" width="480" height="286" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#h5YOgsWIXAI" style="display:none"></embed>

WARNING HALFWAY IN THEY START TALKING ABOUT SPOILERS

BigDaddyCool
06-29-2011, 12:40 PM
$50??! You could have paid a crack addict to suck you off for a week with that!

But your mother is only $25 and it isn't the same satisfaction as pissing of Kalyx.

XL
06-29-2011, 12:44 PM
why are you still talking about me XL? You had your stubborn little hissy fit and im done with it. If you were a mod here you would be the only member left on the site. Now back to your basement, those cheetos wont swallow themselves
I don't think you can even get Cheetos over here. Or they're not readily available at the very least.

Also, we don't really have basements.

And I'm by no means out of shape.

So, that "net geek" image dn't really work on me. Know your audience.

The way XL says i should 'think myself lucky' is hilarious too. Id think i was 'lucky' if i won every bet i ever placed or kept stumbling into piles of cash all day long, not cos i was allowed to type what i like on one small internet wrestling forum among thousands of wrestling forums. Its silly things like that where ya just go 'what the fuck dude, are you aware of anything in the real world at all'
And I'm the one who can't let things be?

Honestly, I'm just enjoying seeing if you will keep responding.

CSL
06-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't think you can even get Cheetos over here. Or they're not readily available at the very least.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__CaqT6tHA8g/R38aYQ1k44I/AAAAAAAAACM/QP0VeK5VLtE/s320/wotsit.gif

CSL
06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
top 3 'sandwich crisps' easily

Corporate CockSnogger
06-29-2011, 12:58 PM
CSL making me hungry in multiple threads.

XL
06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
They are Wotsits. Not Cheetos. Even if they are the same thing essentially.