PDA

View Full Version : College Football 2011-12 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Evil Vito
09-03-2011, 12:04 PM
<font color=goldenrod>So pumped it's back. Love college football.

UConn and Fordham treating it like a pre-season game, UConn going to be playing 3 QBs today.</font>

The Genius
09-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Tony Kornheiser and Lou Holtz predict Wisconsin for the NC!

Krimzon7
09-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Wisconsin looks good.

May be an anticlimactic season with potential GOTY last night in TCU/Baylor, but I'm pumped.

Team Sheep
09-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Going to my first college football game today wooo.

Loose Cannon
09-03-2011, 12:31 PM
LOVE IT!!

3 hours till Michael Floyd time

Loose Cannon
09-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Going to my first college football game today wooo.

are you tailgating? you have to tailgate

Team Sheep
09-03-2011, 12:45 PM
are you tailgating? you have to tailgate

Yeah kick off is 6pm so heading out in a bit.

Loose Cannon
09-03-2011, 12:47 PM
what game???

Team Sheep
09-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Tennessee vs Montana

Loose Cannon
09-03-2011, 12:54 PM
oh wow, are you kidding me? do you go to Tennessee? that's going to be amazing. I think there's no hotter girls then the one's at Tennessee

Team Sheep
09-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah I'm at UT. Tell me about it, 80% of the girls here are amazing. Sexy little sport shorts and all. Can hear Rocky Top practising outside :D

Loose Cannon
09-03-2011, 01:11 PM
that's awesome. jelous

Loose Cannon
09-03-2011, 04:23 PM
classsic Irish. get to the one yard line on the opening drive and fumble it for a return TD by the opposing team. Wood looks good though

SammyG
09-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Griz Tennessee is gonna be hilarious

SammyG
09-03-2011, 04:40 PM
We have to order the game here since it's not on. 25 bucks to watch the slaughter. SHOUTOUT TO MY NIGGA TRUMAINE JOHNSON. Our little kick returner , Peter Nguyen, is a great friend of mine. Hope he doesn't get killed.

ClockShot
09-03-2011, 04:54 PM
So pumped it's back. Love college football.

UConn and Fordham treating it like a pre-season game, UConn going to be playing 3 QBs today.

Gonna be an interesting season with Paul P. running the show.

When's the UConn/Maryland game? :nono:

Droford
09-03-2011, 08:01 PM
lol @ Notre Dame

Ive been suckered into watching this Oregon/LSU game..Oregon should win this game by a mile and a half

Oregon looks like they're ready to play the game in the dark

Droford
09-03-2011, 08:13 PM
pretty much a home game for LSU

owenbrown
09-03-2011, 08:47 PM
weather delay at Notre Dame again

Droford
09-03-2011, 08:57 PM
God isnt a Notre Dame fan this year

Evil Vito
09-03-2011, 11:43 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Paul P used to coach at my old college. Division 3 Western CT State University. Can't help but root for him.</font>

RP
09-03-2011, 11:47 PM
BOILER UP!

Ricardo Allen could potentially be an All American if he doesn't rip up his acl

Droford
09-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I was way off

/Lloyd Christmas

RP
09-04-2011, 12:32 AM
For those that care, Purdue scores a td with 35 seconds to go. MTS has a chance to kick a field goal to tie the game. Allen comes around the corner, left shoulder being held, and blocks the kick with his right hand. It was explosive.

RP
09-04-2011, 12:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISggi2WM1HI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RP
09-04-2011, 12:37 AM
One of the more exciting finishes I've seen for Purdue in a while.

Evil Vito
09-04-2011, 05:59 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Lightning is on pace to win the National Championship</font>

Droford
09-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Terps win the "God Awful Uniform of the week" Award

wtf

one side looks like the fucking Steelers..

ClockShot
09-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm digging the Maryland state flag unis the Terps are sporting. Pretty neat.

But I hope they lose. DAMN YOU, EDSALL!

Emperor Smeat
09-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Is Maryland the ones this year that managed to show off a lot of their new jerseys for this year even though they now have more jerseys than games (including a bowl game if they reach it) for this year?

Droford
09-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Is Maryland the ones this year that managed to show off a lot of their new jerseys for this year even though they now have more jerseys than games (including a bowl game if they reach it) for this year?
blame UnderArmor, they guy that runs it went to Maryland.

they have 32 different combinations of jerseys and helmets

God help us all if Maryland plays Oregon..

Supreme Olajuwon
09-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Kid from my high school at BC is supposed to be the top LB prospect in college right now. Led the nation in tackles last year and had 18 tackles and an int last week. Too bad Boston College sux dix rite now.

Emperor Smeat
09-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Texas A&M unofficially becomes the newest member of the SEC on the condition that the remaining Big 12 doesn't sue or require the SEC to pay for potential loss income on top of the required leaving fee Texas A&M now owes to the Big 12 schools.

Oklahoma so far rumored to be joining the Pac-12 with at least 2-4 more Big 12 teams although Texas might be rejected due to its Longhorn Network.

Texas is rumored to go Independent if the Big 12 collapses.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-07-2011, 11:42 PM
That's the Big 12 buddy. The Big 10 is fine.

RoXer
09-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Should be a record breaking crowd tomorrow night at Michigan. Estimated over 115,000. Crazy.

RoXer
09-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Mizzou just called TWO timeouts when trying for the FG to beat ASU and the kicker missed it. They iced their kicker TWICE (...twice). I can't wait to hear why they did it.

RP
09-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Holy Toledo!

Supreme Olajuwon
09-10-2011, 02:21 PM
ugggggggggggh this is painful

RP
09-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Well Toledo fucked that drive up about as good as you can.

RP
09-10-2011, 02:23 PM
OSU's defense looks like crap.

RP
09-10-2011, 02:59 PM
OSU are having problems putting Toledo away.

RP
09-10-2011, 03:20 PM
OSU threatening to shit the bed. Just gave up a Fourth and 14

RP
09-10-2011, 03:27 PM
OSU might want tone the celebration down. This was.embarrassing.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-10-2011, 03:42 PM
OSU might want tone the celebration down. This was.embarrassing.

Toledo isn't a bad team. Wouldn't be surprised if they ran the MAC this year. With that said though, OSU looked very un-OSU like.

Also, Toledo has Boise St. next Friday.

Gertner
09-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Sparty on bitches. That is all.

RoXer
09-10-2011, 11:40 PM
What a great finish to ND/Mich

Corndad
09-10-2011, 11:40 PM
:eek: at the end of the Michigan/ND game. Wow.

Evil Vito
09-10-2011, 11:42 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Notre Dame:</font>

http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

Emperor Smeat
09-11-2011, 12:22 AM
3rd year in a row Notre Dame blows a late lead to Michigan with them always finding a way to lose it once the game is under 30 seconds left.

RP
09-11-2011, 05:08 AM
I love watching Denard Robinson play.

Reavant
09-11-2011, 12:23 PM
i love seeing the irish lose

The Genius
09-11-2011, 04:48 PM
still early to say, but i think it would be a dissapointment if wisconsin doesnt make it to the rose bowl this year.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Wisconsin is disgusting. Terrified to play them this year even though the game's in Columbus. Think Rose Bowl might be selling your team short. Can easily see them running the table and playing in the title game.

Nervous Ferret
09-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Can't wait to watch Auburn beat Clemson in the last minute. Also I'm friends with a dude who plays on Wofford and he caught a 65 yard wide open td last week past all the nig Clemson DBs.

Hilarious all the retard rednecks always swear Clemson is going all the way, except this year they are all being pessimistic assholes and booing the "black" QB Tahj Boyd at literally every chance they can so far when he hasn't even played too poorly. The defense giving up like 58 points combined to Troy and Wofford seems more troublesome. Still, the dudes never going to get any confidence going if the students are screaming to "get that nigger out of there" every time he gets sacked.

Emperor Smeat
09-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Looks like the idea of paying players or at least just those in college football and basketball won't be occurring anytime soon if its based on market value.

Some group decided to calculate what the fair value would be for paying players in terms of revenue earned by the schools and managed to come up with the price of well over $100,000 per player. As well as covering the entire costs of education at a college instead of most of the costs covered by an athletic scholarship.

A national college athletes' advocacy group and a sports management professor calculate in the report that if college sports shared their revenues the way pro sports do, the average Football Bowl Subdivision player would be worth $121,000 per year, while the average basketball player at that level would be worth $265,000.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6962151/advocacy-group-says-top-college-athletes-worth-six-figures

RP
09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
10 to win 17 on Miss St. moneyline. Miss St. qb is a beast.

Team Sheep
09-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Driving down to Gainesville tomorrow for Gators vs Vols. What can I expect as an away fan at a college game? Lots of dickheads I'm assuming.

RoXer
09-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Stay with other Vols fans at all times, do not get seperated

Team Sheep
09-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Three of us got tickets from Stub Hub so we could sit together, chances are we'll be amongst all the Gator fans hah. Should be an experience...

Supreme Olajuwon
09-15-2011, 08:11 PM
People will be dickheads but honestly you kinda just gotta take it. Don't retaliate at all or you'll either get ejected or pummeled.

Team Sheep
09-15-2011, 08:55 PM
I have no problems with banter at all, that's all part of the occasion but I've heard stories of people getting beers thrown on them and physically abused, etc. Can't stand for that shit.

Loose Cannon
09-15-2011, 09:22 PM
didn't even comment on the Wolverines/Irish game last week. fucking great game. ND's defense on the fade passes was absolute shit. Robinson would kill them on those every single time in the 2nd half. LOVE TJ Jones.

Michigan State should be another good one this week.

RoXer
09-15-2011, 10:59 PM
but I've heard stories of people getting beers thrown on them and physically abused, etc. Can't stand for that shit.

85% chance that's going to happen to you. Have fun.

Team Sheep
09-16-2011, 02:28 AM
Well screw that. Not being funny but American sports culture is pretty gay to what I've been brought up with ;)

Supreme Olajuwon
09-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Then maybe you should get the fuck out.

Team Sheep
09-16-2011, 03:03 PM
So you're saying you'd put up with a beer thrown over you at a game? Yeah, nice one.

Team Sheep
09-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Well screw that. Not being funny but American sports culture is pretty gay to what I've been brought up with ;)

I was drunk when I wrote this so I take it back now, just some little things make me shake my head now and again.

RoXer
09-16-2011, 03:17 PM
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Supreme Olajuwon
09-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Get the fudge out.

RP
09-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Michigan St has a fantastic team. They might be the 2nd best team in the Big 10. ND might be staring at 0-3.

CSL
09-24-2011, 06:21 PM
half paying attention to Florida State/Clemson rn, how the fuck is there a brick wall right next to the endzone at Memorial Stadium

RoXer
09-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Team Sheep didn't post so I guess they killed him

DaveWadding
09-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Can't wait for U of A to get crushed by Oregon while ASU rolls USC.

Team Sheep
09-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Team Sheep didn't post so I guess they killed him

I was disappointed. No banter whatsoever at Florida. Probably due to Tennessee being wank.

RoXer
09-25-2011, 02:32 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AiXRZROPV4cLCt54SaFdurQ5nYcB?slug=dw-wetzel_stop_realignment_start_football_playoff_092211

Stop superconferences, start a football playoff
Dan Wetzel

Superconferences benefit no one. Not the current members, not the new ones, not the coaches, not the players and certainly not the fans. They are arranged marriages of convenience designed to stave off the tumult in college athletics and maximize future revenues, essentially making the rich slightly richer in ways few will notice. They wreck traditions. They cast aside rivalries. They so gerrymander geography, politicians blush.

The uncertainty of the wild weeks that have seen college affiliations and loyalties shift again has created a similar feeling across the country among the many administrators, coaches and commissioners I’ve spoken with: It stinks. It’s ugly. It’s unnecessary.

It doesn’t seem that bad to me (they’re still going to play football and basketball, after all), but you listen to the people who run college athletics and they are making themselves sick.

It turns out the problem is potentially solvable, though. Thanks to a slight reprieve provided by the Pac-12, which Tuesday decided for now against adding four members of the Big 12, there’s a remedy to save what’s left.

It’s long past time, but not too late, to finally wrest control of the most valuable product in all of college sports – the football postseason.

As I wrote in June 2010, the Big 12 and Big East all but assured their demise when, back in 2008, they joined the Big Ten and Pac-10 to block a proposal by the SEC and ACC for a four-team playoff (a plus-one).

The commissioners, and the campus leaders they answer to, never saw a playoff for what it was – not just a better postseason system, but a lifeline that offered them the diversified revenue streams and competitive stability that could have helped assure their survival.

Instead they stuck with the status quo. College football defies all business logic by outsourcing its most profitable product to third-party bowl games. The Bowl Championship Series not only fails to capitalize on the enormous potential of a multi-week tournament, it sucks hundreds of millions of dollars out of college pockets in an effort to preserve the tradition of $700,000 bowl director salaries and the majesty of the TaxSlayer.com Bowl.

That illogical setup leaves college sports with only two, rather than three, major revenue streams – the mostly maxed-out men’s basketball tournament and conference television contracts.

Its impact on conference realignment is obvious. Everyone is trying to make up for the playoff buck they are ignoring.

The best way long term to make money in television is through the formation of a small number of big leagues. The fewer sellers (conferences) of “major college football” the higher the price. The problem? The Big 12 and Big East were (and are) eventually going to be eaten alive. So are a lot of other teams. And even for those in the “haves,” the reality of a future in a bloated, distant league isn’t as appealing as the present.

Had the two conferences gone with the SEC and ACC back when the plus one was on the table, things may be different right now. There’d be a third revenue stream and a viable postseason, both of which would curb the need for schools to switch leagues. If they had been really smart, they would’ve demanded a real playoff, eight teams or even more.

It was really their only chance at survival. They just didn’t realize it.

Three-and-a-half years later all hell is breaking loose. Entire leagues are on the brink. Proud schools fear being left behind. Even big conference officials find a future full of superconferences troubling, schools in the middle wondering how bigger is actually better, old faces playing less frequently, the distinctive culture of a conference watered down. It’s led to backstabbing and secret deals and a general sense of unease. Everyone is looking for calm. This isn’t what anyone wants.

The only way to stop it is to shock the market. You can’t just wish for everyone to stay put, for schools to honor tradition. You need to make it smart to stay.

What’s needed is more money coming from different places to more conferences. Then something needs to be created that will make staying in a competitively balanced conference appealing.

Even just an 8-team playoff helps do that.

No less than Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany has acknowledged a playoff is worth three-to-four times what the BCS delivers. Based on bowl revenue from 2010-11, that’s about $1 billion. And Delany made his prediction long before the current explosion in live television rights fees.

Even conservatively that’s about $700 million more per year than the current bowl system produces (essentially another men’s basketball tournament contract that administrators refuse to accept). And that doesn’t even factor the money lost attending bowl games – 70 bowl teams kicked an estimated $95 million back to the bowls just for the honor of playing.

Instead of having hundreds of millions wind up in paychecks and bank accounts of the bowl industry, playoff money would go to the schools. A single playoff share (earned by each game appearance) could easily top $30 million per game, each round adding to the total only without all crippling costs of attending a bowl. Successful conferences could make hundreds of millions. Everyone could get some big money.

The NCAA could run the playoff or the conferences could use an outside group to administer it. Whatever. Anything is better than bowl games.

I won’t get into all the financial data here, let alone the sleaziness of the bowl industry. Regular readers know I’ve researched it extensively, written about it repeatedly. Or don’t take my word for it, go watch this week’s HBO Real Sports’ segment that eviscerates the bowl business.

Unfortunately too many campus leaders – presidents, chancellors, athletic directors – never did their due diligence on just where all their money was going, never examined exactly who they were in business with, never saw the consequences in ignoring a lucrative revenue source.

Instead they engaged in typical, NCAA, follow-the-leader cronyism. A league such as the Big East, which is enduring its second raiding in a decade, should’ve long ago sought out the benefits of a playoff. There isn’t a single financial or competitive reason it should’ve ever opposed a playoff. Instead it clung to the past, went with the pack.

In 2008, Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese fought hard for the BCS, slapping down the plan advanced by the SECs Mike Slive and the ACC’s John Swofford. In 2009, when Tranghese retired, then Fiesta Bowl CEO John Junker sent him a gift: a new set of golf clubs.

After the 2010 season, the Big East champion, Connecticut, cut Junker a check for $2.9 million for absorbed tickets (mostly unsold seats) for their Fiesta Bowl trips, part of a lopsided contract schools were forced to sign. In 2011, Junker was fired following an internal investigation into expansive fraud.

At this point, it’s almost unfathomable to believe schools in the Big East (or anywhere else) would still profess loyalty to such a system.

It’s worth noting that each of the 35 bowl games are subsidized by the schools courtesy of travel, ticket and marketing guarantees. As such, few, if any, of the bowls (even minor ones) would be forced out of business if a playoff was enacted. They could just operate in the shadow of the playoff, the schools continuing to agree to lose money to enjoy the bowl experience if they so chose.

A playoff doesn’t solve every problem that’s causing realignment, but knocks out a ton of them, changing the dynamics and revenue models.

The only way to maintain any part of the current collegiate structure is to limit the appeal of the superconference. And the only way to do that is tie revenue and stability into on-field performance and not television markets and population footprints.

With a lucrative playoff bid or two available, teams would have an incentive to stay in leagues they could conceivably win. Instead, schools are now resigned to joining some 16-team conglomerate even if the possibility of navigating it without a loss is minimal. Schools jumped ship because they’d rather be the guy wearing the bright-orange tux at prom than the one who didn’t have a date.

By failing to strengthen all leagues, instability has reigned. It caused a panic that has led to such unthinkable repercussions as the end of the Oklahoma-Nebraska rivalry, or Syracuse bailing on the league it helped create, the Big East, or Texas-Texas A&M ending a century-plus tradition.

The BCS also weakens regular-season television ratings (where another critical revenue stream exists) by eliminating so many teams early and turning 95-plus percent of late season games into local affairs.

With a playoff, for example, last year’s three-way Big Ten race between Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan State would’ve been important nationally, because the winner (or even the second- and third-place team) would’ve been in a playoff. That would’ve driven up interest, ratings and revenue.

“People would be watching to see who the eight (playoff) teams are going to be,” said Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds, noting that earning a BCS bowl bid produces little such bump. “It would build interest. It would enhance the season.”

Instead, few outside those fan bases paid any attention to the Big Ten because it had no bearing on anything that impacted them. Almost no one remembers the race now. Just because the BCS badgers ESPN to repeat its “Every Game Counts” mantra doesn’t mean it’s true.

“There is empirical evidence that leagues with playoffs receive a ratings increase,” said West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck, who previously spent decades as a professional sports executive, pointing, in part, to the NFL’s booming popularity.

The bowl lobby’s argument is the opposite of reality – that a playoff would decrease interest in the regular season. They try to compare football and basketball, two dissimilar sports in a bit of red herring ridiculousness. The whole thing is profoundly absurd. Many television executives will tell you regular-season ratings would soar with a playoff. So, too, will smart college administrators.

“I don’t know how anybody could put that out there,” Dodds said. “It’s the [opposite]. A playoff builds the season.”

The thing is, the bowl system isn’t designed to help the sport. “We’re not about college football,” Gator Bowl president Rick Catlett told Jacksonville TV station WJXT last year, noting he was more concerned about economic impact.

The BCS isn’t even a system created to crown a champion. No other sport in the world has anything close and never will. It makes no sense. It’s merely a way for bowl games to maintain their lucrative stranglehold on the sport.

And the sport is choking right now.

It was horrific, suicidal leadership by Big 12 and Big East administrators back in 2008 to not support the simple plus-one proposal of the SEC and ACC. They were drunk on spin and free scotch. They’re paying for it now.

The BCS comes up for review again next spring and if those leagues, and so many other individual schools, aren’t full-blown playoff proponents now, if they aren’t driving forces for change now, if they aren’t begging Slive to, at the very least, reintroduce the plus one, then the people running things are lost causes.

Everyone knows college sports moves slow. Reform usually takes years. The instinct of administrators is to form a task force, not stand up and take charge. The time for that is gone, failures of the past creating the urgency of the present. The bowl directors had their day, the gravy train can be slowed.

Doing nothing is easy, and it can earn you a free Caribbean cruise, a Scottsdale golf weekend or a trip to the local gentlemen’s club, all courtesy of a bowl lobby eager to thank you for your continued cluelessness.

Doing something is hard, but it may save your league, your school, your sport.

Maybe it’s too late, but maybe it’s not. There’s no excuse not to try.

Not for Kansases or Cincinnatis or West Virginias or Baylors, which worry about being left out in the cold. Not for the Arizonas or Wake Forests or Mississippi States, for whom a superconference means a more difficult path and less familiar rivalry games. Not for Notre Dame, which might be forced to give up its proud independence. Not for the SEC, which is tinkering with what had been the perfect conference. Not for the Syracuses or Pittsburghs, which had to give up so much history to jump to the safest option.

And certainly not for the average fan, who just appreciated things like the Big East basketball tournament or Backyard Brawl or the myriad other traditions that seem a lot cooler than protecting the salary of the guy who runs the Great Idaho Potato Bowl.

All over college sports, administrators are lamenting what they’ve done, where it’s headed. To them, it’s Armageddon. It’s difficult to find anyone, even the supposed winners in the realignment game that think the current track is a good one. Four mammoth conferences, is that the future?

The most viable possible solution is simple as ever, though. Take control of the postseason, take control of your sport and take a last shot at saving the future.

RoXer
09-25-2011, 02:35 PM
I was disappointed. No banter whatsoever at Florida. Probably due to Tennessee being wank.

Bummer

RP
09-29-2011, 11:10 AM
I would love to see Purdue beat ND saturday night. I need something good in football. I need this guys.

Nervous Ferret
09-29-2011, 11:19 AM
half paying attention to Florida State/Clemson rn, how the fuck is there a brick wall right next to the endzone at Memorial Stadium

Lol

RP
10-01-2011, 08:22 AM
I've dusted off all the Purdue gear. Boiler football, flag, hat, foam hammer. I'm all in. I need this.

BOILER UP!

RP
10-01-2011, 08:28 AM

Lets do this Ricardo Allen! Let's go Robert Bolden. This is your season!

RP
10-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Danny Hope should be fired the moment the whistle is blown.

The Genius
10-02-2011, 02:23 AM
this year will be a total disappointment if wisconsin doesnt end up in the rose bowl.

Emperor Smeat
10-07-2011, 05:27 PM
TCU decided to drop its move to Big East and instead is heading to the Big 12 after the Big 12 itself placed more restrictions on the Longhorn Network in order to prevent more members from leaving.

Missouri still wants out with a request made to the SEC to become a member.

RP
10-08-2011, 09:49 AM
on Comcast, the info on Purdue vs Minnesota says " Purdue boasts ncaa punting leader Cody Webster "
:nono:

RP
10-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Ricardo Allen pick six :love:

owenbrown
10-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Fuck "excessive celebration" penalities

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iPTVnbiix_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not an LSU fan but this new rule is bullshit

The Outlaw
10-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah I'm at UT. Tell me about it, 80% of the girls here are amazing. Sexy little sport shorts and all. Can hear Rocky Top practising outside :D

Come on down to Tuscaloosa in a few weeks. The Quad is a great place for some tailgating.

oh wow, are you kidding me? do you go to Tennessee? that's going to be amazing. I think there's no hotter girls then the one's at Tennessee

False. I agree, they are pretty amazing. But see: The Grove in Oxford, MS on a Saturday. :eek:

Team Sheep
10-16-2011, 01:52 AM
I had tickets for Alabama away but sold them to save some money as I've got some other trips lined up. Went to the LSU game today. Watching the Volunteers isn't much fun :(

Gertner
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
My Sparty's beat Michigan again. Made my weekend.

The Outlaw
10-19-2011, 12:21 AM
I had tickets for Alabama away but sold them to save some money as I've got some other trips lined up. Went to the LSU game today. Watching the Volunteers isn't much fun :(

Haha, yeah, Dooley is solid though. I like him. He took over a mess internally. Phillip Fulmer and Lane Kiffin left that program a filthy load of crap. Good players, but terrible mindsets. Dooley will get it going I think. I hate UT but I like him.

The Genius
10-19-2011, 02:40 AM
Russell Wilson for Heisman
Montee Ball for Doak Walker

RP
10-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Clemson is fun to watch

Gertner
10-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Hopefully my MSU can knock off Wisconsin today

Kris P Lettus
10-22-2011, 06:33 PM
LSU looks pretty impressive even without Tyrann Mathieu.. Can't believe Ole Miss blew that nice lead against Ark..

Also, anyone hear about that kid from Louisville who got his neck broken??

Kris P Lettus
10-22-2011, 06:35 PM
College football player breaks neck, has feeling in extremities
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 5:11 PM EST, Sat October 22, 2011
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
University of Louisville player breaks neck
Anthony Conner has feeling in his extremities
He was injured while making a tackle during Friday's game against Rutgers
A Rutgers player was paralyzed last year
(CNN) -- A University of Louisville football player who suffered a broken neck while making a tackle showed no signs of paralysis hours later, team officials said Saturday.
Cornerback Anthony Conner suffered the injury during a collision with Rutgers University receiver Mohamed Sanu in the second quarter of Friday night's game in Louisville, Kentucky.
"Our doctors are still evaluating Anthony Conner's medical condition this morning (Saturday) and he is still undergoing additional tests," Louisville head coach Charlie Strong said in a statement. "As we said yesterday, there is no paralysis and Anthony has feeling throughout his extremities. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for Anthony and his family during this difficult time."
Conner is a senior from Houston. A knee injury forced him to miss the 2010 season, according to his official bio.
"Just on the field, he was talking, and squeezing his hand, that was it," Strong said, according to the team's website. A cart carried Conner off the field.
The athlete's teammates did not know the severity of the injury until after the game, when the coach told them in the locker room, Strong said.
Strong thanked the Rutgers team "for their display of class and compassion for Anthony during the game last night. The Rutgers football family went through something very similar almost a year ago and they know the severity of the situation."
Last October, Rutgers defensive tackle Eric LeGrand was left paralyzed from his neck down after he made a tackle in a game against Army.
LeGrand is back in school, can stand with assistance and is making progress in his bid to walk again, Sports Illustrated writer Jon Wertheim, who spent time with him, recently told CNN's Don Lemon.
"He is realistic, but optimistic," Wertheim said of LeGrand. "He still feels like he's part of the team. He obviously hasn't walked, but made strides and gotten some progress, and he's just such an outgoing, magnetic guy."

McLegend
10-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Bros let me tell you something. Russel Wilson is impressive.

Evil Vito
10-22-2011, 11:29 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Holy shit. What an ending!</font>

DAMN iNATOR
10-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Hopefully my MSU can knock off Wisconsin today

HELL OF AN ENDING...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ek3yw6zADls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
FANS IN E.L. AND VICINITY LOVIN' IT!!! :love::love::love::heart::heart::heart:

Gertner
10-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Greatest fucking ending ever!!!! I was screaming at the top of my lungs!

DAMN iNATOR
10-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Greatest fucking ending ever!!!! I was screaming at the top of my lungs!

LOL, I think I could hear you, wherever you are! Of course I was too...:lol:

Kinda feelin' a lil ":(:eek: (worried/scared)" about our chances in Lincoln @ Neb. next week though. Gonna be tough, and will most likely be a deciding factor in the B10 Legends Div. as to who goes on to play for the conference title vs. the Leaders champs.

Gertner
10-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Martinez is a bum. I'm not worried.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Can't believe I just learned yesterday that Wisconsin has a wide receiver named Nick Toon.

Nervous Ferret
10-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Legends and Leaders

Nervous Ferret
10-24-2011, 12:38 PM
"Atlantic and Coastal"

The Outlaw
10-25-2011, 12:22 AM
LSU looks pretty impressive even without Tyrann Mathieu.. Can't believe Ole Miss blew that nice lead against Ark..

Also, anyone hear about that kid from Louisville who got his neck broken??

The Honey Badger tokes what he wants!

ClockShot
10-25-2011, 09:03 PM
West Virginia is getting out of the Big East and heading to the Big 12.

That leaves UConn, Rutgers, South Florida, Louisville, and Cincy as the only Football schools left in the conference.

RP
10-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Purdue still has a chance. I think they can best Michigan. Fuck Denard Robinson!

parkmania
10-26-2011, 01:00 PM
http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/10/pitt_uconn.jpg

This made the Well Intentioneded but Terribly Misguided Promotions on deadspin.com.

The fact that Pitt football is incredibly depressing in and of itself is merely ironic.

Emperor Smeat
10-26-2011, 04:11 PM
West Virginia is getting out of the Big East and heading to the Big 12.

That leaves UConn, Rutgers, South Florida, Louisville, and Cincy as the only Football schools left in the conference.

Rumor has it could be Louisville that leaves should West Virginia stay but it all depends on Missouri since both Mizzou and W. Virginia temporary placed holds on any moves.

Pinto wants the basketball side of the Big East to get stronger as a potential stipulation for Louisville to stay with the choice of Memphis and Temple as top priorities. He also hinted the basketball-only schools are getting really upset at the football-capable schools for causing the huge mess.

Kris P Lettus
10-26-2011, 07:50 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="320" height="280" data="http://www.myfoxhouston.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=11212"><param value="http://www.myfoxhouston.com/video/videoplayer.swf?dppversion=11212" name="movie"/><param value="&skin=MP1ExternalAll-MFL.swf&embed=true&adSizeArray=300x240&adSrc=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fadx%2Ftsg%2Ekriv%2Fsports%2Fncaa%5Ffootball%2Fdetail%3Bd cmt%3Dtext%2Fxml%3Bpos%3D%3Btile%3D2%3Bfname%3D111020%2Drice%2527s%2Dmighty%2Dmite%3Bloc%3Dsite%3Bsz %3D320x240%3Bord%3D992484324378892800%3Frand%3D0%2E30929080583155155&flv=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxhouston%2Ecom%2Ffeeds%2FoutboundFeed%3FobfType%3DVIDEO%5FPLAYER%5FSMIL%5 FFEED%26componentId%3D136123522&img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia2%2Emyfoxhouston%2Ecom%2F%2Fphoto%2F2011%2F10%2F20%2F111020mightymite9pm%5Ftmb 0001%5F20111020234142%5F640%5F480%2EJPG&story=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyfoxhouston%2Ecom%2Fdpp%2Fsports%2Fncaa%5Ffootball%2F111020%2Drice%2527s%2 Dmighty%2Dmite&category=sports&title=111020mightymite9pm&oacct=foximfoximkriv,foximglobal&ovns=foxinteractivemedia&headline=Rice%20University%27s%20Mighty%20Mite" name="FlashVars"/><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"/><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"/></object><p style="width:320px"><a href="http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/ncaa_football/111020-rice%27s-mighty-mite">Rice University's Mighty Mite: MyFoxHOUSTON.com</a></p>

James Steele
10-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Rumor has it could be Louisville that leaves should West Virginia stay but it all depends on Missouri since both Mizzou and W. Virginia temporary placed holds on any moves.

Pinto wants the basketball side of the Big East to get stronger as a potential stipulation for Louisville to stay with the choice of Memphis and Temple as top priorities. He also hinted the basketball-only schools are getting really upset at the football-capable schools for causing the huge mess.

Basketball can shut the fuck up. If they want more pull they need to make more money despite playing 10x more games.

Kris P Lettus
10-29-2011, 01:53 PM
http://30fps.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2011-October-29-12-1-101.jpg

Gertner
10-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Well done Spartans you stupid piece of shit

Nark Order
10-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Feel like I want to desperately get into College Football but I don't really have a dog in the fight. My girlfriend's family are big Georgia Bulldogs fans but meh

Supreme Olajuwon
10-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Woo suck a peen, Sconsin.

DAMN iNATOR
10-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Well done Spartans you stupid piece of shit

Ah, fuck Nebraska. It only gets easier in Nov. with Minnesota, Iowa, Northwestern and Indiana. :y:

Gertner
10-31-2011, 12:17 PM
We now need to rely on Michigan beating Nebraska. Yuck.

Supreme Olajuwon
11-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Looks like the Big East is gonna add all those teams today, including East Coast mainstays Boise State and Air Force.

The Outlaw
11-02-2011, 12:55 AM
I hate re-alignment. Hate it with a fiery passion.

With that said, LSU - Bama. :love: :love: :love:!!!!

Gertner
11-04-2011, 11:59 AM
If MSU loses to Minnesota I'm going to jump off a bridge

Droford
11-05-2011, 08:11 PM
i put money on LSU +5.5

Im probably a huge idiot

Kris P Lettus
11-05-2011, 08:25 PM

With that said, LSU - Bama. :love: :love: :love:!!!!

What happened on the first Bama drive?? Richardson was running like a beast, I flipped to UFC, flipped back and LSU has the ball..

Blakeamus
i put money on LSU +5.5

Im probably a huge idiot

"Scared money, don't make money"

Blakeamus
What happened on the first Bama drive?? Richardson was running like a beast, I flipped to UFC, flipped back and LSU has the ball..

Field Goal attempt FAILED

Droford
11-05-2011, 08:41 PM
"Scared money, don't make money"

They look like crap on defense, Id like to know what the hell is wrong.

Kris P Lettus
11-05-2011, 08:42 PM
What are you talking about??

This is a defensive BATTLE..

Droford
11-05-2011, 08:44 PM
This is a great appetizer to tomorrow nights game, wish this was on right before it, would be even better.

RP
11-05-2011, 08:44 PM
There's like 10 guys I'd like the Colts to draft in this game.

Droford
11-05-2011, 08:46 PM
What are you talking about??

This is a defensive BATTLE..

LSUs defense looked very soft early. Only benefiting because Alabamas kicker sucks.

Kris P Lettus
11-05-2011, 08:49 PM
They are missing three of their best players..

Kris P Lettus
11-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Tyrann Mathieu will be a shutdown corner in the NFL..

Droford
11-05-2011, 08:53 PM
I hope Alabama has to settle for and end up missing a FG again.

Kris P Lettus
11-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Eric Reid is a beast too..

Kris P Lettus
11-05-2011, 09:00 PM
BOOM blocked kick..

Droford
11-05-2011, 09:00 PM
<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_7TwCtB0Pdk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_7TwCtB0Pdk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Droford
11-05-2011, 09:21 PM
lol do they go for a FG?

Emperor Smeat
11-05-2011, 09:24 PM
would have :lol: a lot if the FG got blocked or missed again.

This game so far is basically the opposite of Michigan (2) vs Ohio State (1) where it was all offense and little defense.

Blakeamus
11-05-2011, 09:28 PM
They look like crap on defense, Id like to know what the hell is wrong.

I was referring to your bet.

Blakeamus
11-05-2011, 09:30 PM
LSU has a pretty decent Defense but it is a bit overrated.

Kris P Lettus
11-05-2011, 09:46 PM
psssssssssst

Droford
11-05-2011, 09:58 PM
WTF is Alabama gumbo?

Droford
11-05-2011, 10:11 PM
lol the visitor's locker room at Bryant-Denny is the "Fail Room" named after a donor with the last name of Fail.

haha

Droford
11-05-2011, 10:42 PM
The +/- was 40.5

totally should have taken the under..damnit only way they hit the over now is if it goes into quintuple overtime or some stupid crap

Evil Vito
11-05-2011, 11:04 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Screw the eligibility rules. Let Brad Wing go Pro.</font>

Droford
11-05-2011, 11:05 PM
when was the last time you saw a punt net 80+ yards lol

Blakeamus
11-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah, impressive.

Droford
11-05-2011, 11:08 PM
games def going to OT

Gertner
11-05-2011, 11:14 PM
MSU almost lost to Minny. DAMN inator, this is why I have no faith in this team running the table.

Blakeamus
11-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeah with how it's been a defensive game. I see it going overtime.

Droford
11-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Overtime will just make this game more epic.

Droford
11-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Foster, Alabaman for crappy kicker

Blakeamus
11-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Oh it would of been over if he would of made at least one of those failed attempts.

Skippord
11-05-2011, 11:28 PM
lol this game

Droford
11-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Gonna win me some money thanks to Alabama's crappy kicker

remind me to send him a Christmas Card

Emperor Smeat
11-05-2011, 11:36 PM
As bad as LSU was on offense today, Bama was horrible a lot more times although for a defensive game it was pretty good.

No chance at any potential of a repeat like ESPN and others wanted to hype as a possible title game (just like Michigan vs Ohio State didn't repeat).

Also a huge letdown for a supposed "Game of the Century" even by SEC standards.

:lol: even Les Miles hinted today was a pretty bad game by saying the remaining games left are the real important games.

Droford
11-05-2011, 11:43 PM
I feel as though the defense was good but the game wouldn't have been 9-6 if Alabama's kicker didn't suck ass. As a Ravens fan, I appreciate a good defensive game and its actually a lot better on the College level.

Blakeamus
11-06-2011, 12:14 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/388869_2208291643004_1118831332_32006072_105884380_n.jpg

U crying bro?

Kris P Lettus
11-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Houston Nutt was fired as Ole Miss' head coach..

He's had a bad year but IMO they should always give coaches 5 years..

Kris P Lettus
11-07-2011, 07:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7202990/houston-nutt-mississippi-rebels-resign-end-season

DAMN iNATOR
11-07-2011, 07:39 PM
MSU almost lost to Minny. DAMN inator, this is why I have no faith in this team running the table.

We can do it though. It's just we have to go to both Iowa and Northwestern. And as for Indiana? Might as well chalk that up as a 'W' right now. Indiana always has been, and always will be a joke as far as Big Ten football.

Immortal Moose
11-07-2011, 09:35 PM
I feel as though the defense was good but the game wouldn't have been 9-6 if Alabama's kicker didn't suck ass. As a Ravens fan, I appreciate a good defensive game and its actually a lot better on the College level.

It would have been 12-6 for Bama if we had a kicker that was worth a shit. I was at the game, I go to UA, and watching the kicker shank kick after kick was fucking dissapointing and that game was hideous. We need a better qb and a kicker, but defensively we're set we held the #1 team to no touchdowns. Bottom line is our offense is not good and not even close to national champ quality, save for Richardson, but we have a great defense.

Kris P Lettus
11-08-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm just worried we'll see the same game in ATL in a few months but with a different outcome..

The National Championship game without an SEC team might as well be The Gillmore Girls..

James Steele
11-08-2011, 02:32 AM
I'm just worried we'll see the same game in ATL in a few months but with a different outcome..

The National Championship game without an SEC team might as well be The Gillmore Girls..

The National Title game is in NOLA (...and of course LSU is some ballin' ass fools for the 3rd time in a row when the BCS Title game is in NOLA). Unless you are talking about the SEC title game in Atlanta in about a month, but LSU/Alabama couldn't have a rematch there because they are in the same division. I still think Arkansas will do what they do best and fuck everything up. If Stanford loses to Oregon and OU beats OSU...either Boise finally gets a shot or the SEC circle-jerk will become even more unbearable.

Kris P Lettus
11-08-2011, 11:24 AM
I though Bama was in the East for some reason..

James Steele
11-08-2011, 01:55 PM
I though Bama was in the East for some reason..

They might be pretty soon. With Missouri and Texas A&M joining the SEC, it'd be easiest to move Alabama and Auburn to the East division. They are talking about having Mizzou play in the East division to maintain the SEC West rivalries.

Gertner
11-08-2011, 03:03 PM
The story involving Jerry Sandusky is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever heard.

Kris P Lettus
11-08-2011, 03:20 PM
The story involving Jerry Sandusky is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever heard.

They just showed a clip from an interview with him from 1999.. Everytime he talked about doing camps for kids and how much he loved dealing with them he would shut his eyes or look away from the camera..

Despicable..

Evil Vito
11-08-2011, 08:57 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I find the fact that his booked was named "Touched" disturbing as well. It's almost like the whole thing was a huge inside joke to him.</font>

James Steele
11-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Joe Paterno has announced his retirement at the end of the season. Words can't describe the feelings associated with this entire tragedy.

McLegend
11-09-2011, 11:18 AM
I can't believe at the end of the season... Unreal

Supreme Olajuwon
11-09-2011, 12:18 PM
His last two games are at Ohio State and at Wisconsin. Considering the reputation of those two fan bases, stepping down now would've been a much easier way out than staying.

Feel like out of respect to the victims, ESPN should have Gameday in Columbus and Madison those two weeks.

James Steele
11-09-2011, 12:34 PM
His final home game is this Saturday, and I'm surprised at the amount of support he is getting from the students at PSU.

Aguakate
11-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I read a summary of Jerry Sandusky's Indictement over at ESPN.COM, and (in the words of Billy Gunn), "He's a no-good motherfucker".

Sickening thing to read.

Blakeamus
11-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Seems Joe Paterno did what he was legally obligated to do. Sick turn out in this situation. I think whether he finishes up the rest of the season or gets the boot today, I highly doubt that this will be brushed off by the minds of the people on Saturday's game.

Evil Vito
11-09-2011, 10:20 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Paterno is OUT. Effective immediately.</font>

Gertner
11-09-2011, 10:37 PM
The Penn State fans who cheered outside JoePa's home are pieces of shit and should be shot.

FakeLaser
11-10-2011, 12:20 AM
The Penn State fans who cheered outside JoePa's home are pieces of shit and should be shot.

Evil Vito
11-10-2011, 12:21 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Riots breaking out on campus.</font>

FakeLaser
11-10-2011, 12:22 AM
People are fucking stupid

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 03:11 AM
He should of reported it. Hate to see this tarnish his legacy. Hopefully ESPN will be back to normal tomorrow because I am really tired of seeing this crap.

James Steele
11-10-2011, 03:49 AM
He should of reported it. Hate to see this tarnish his legacy. Hopefully ESPN will be back to normal tomorrow because I am really tired of seeing this crap.

He did report it. In public schools, you report suspected abuse to a designated contact who then gives it to the proper authorities to investigate and potentially take the child. The issue is what exactly that GA told Paterno. IF it is true that he told only told Paterno that "inappropriate behavior" or some other vague description occured then he did all he really can do and his superiors failed to do their job once they were given notice of the incident. If Paterno was told exactly what the GA said he saw then they should have called his superiors on their way to the police station. I don't understand why there isn't more heat on the the GA for not calling the cops immediately. He sees a man raping a kid in the shower and he runs home and calls his daddy? Paterno is the scapegoat here, and I think that is what the sensible students have an issue with. Based on the evidence we have available, Paterno could have and should have done more, but until I see proof that he knew what exactly was occurring, I refuse to make him the face of this system failure.

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 09:04 AM
That is how I figured. I know he only did what he was legally obligated to do. Some of you think that all those people that are at his front steps supporting HIM is fucking stupid and should be shot, and you are entitled to your opinion. Because when it comes down to a tradegy like this, every one is sensitive. But just like Jame Steele said perfectly, Paterno is the scapegoat. YES, he could of done more but only thought what he was legally obligated to do at the time. I also refuse to believe he is the face of this system failure.

McLegend
11-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Those fuckin idiot Penn State students.

Seriously?

Gertner
11-10-2011, 11:42 AM
He did report it. In public schools, you report suspected abuse to a designated contact who then gives it to the proper authorities to investigate and potentially take the child. The issue is what exactly that GA told Paterno. IF it is true that he told only told Paterno that "inappropriate behavior" or some other vague description occured then he did all he really can do and his superiors failed to do their job once they were given notice of the incident. If Paterno was told exactly what the GA said he saw then they should have called his superiors on their way to the police station. I don't understand why there isn't more heat on the the GA for not calling the cops immediately. He sees a man raping a kid in the shower and he runs home and calls his daddy? Paterno is the scapegoat here, and I think that is what the sensible students have an issue with. Based on the evidence we have available, Paterno could have and should have done more, but until I see proof that he knew what exactly was occurring, I refuse to make him the face of this system failure.

There were reports in 1998 all the way to 2002 when Sandusky left! Paterno is just as bad as his GA! He should have been shot out of a cannon from Penn State! HOW THE FUCK DO YOU NOT GO TO THE COPS AND JUST LOOK THE OTHER WAY WHEN SANDUSKY IS WALKING AROUND CAMPUS!!!!!

McLegend
11-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Fuck you Gertner

I'm going to riot.

Gertner
11-10-2011, 11:50 AM
You people calling Paterno and scapegoat: do you think he would have just reported it up the chain if it were his grandson and let Sandusky walk around campus? Paterno should be put in jail.

Evil Vito
11-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Oh god. Supposedly major disturbing details are set to come out. There are even rumors going around now that Sandusky was using his Second Mile program to pimp out kids to rich donors.

PLEASE let that just be a rumor.

Innovator
11-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah this story is gonna get a lot darker, pretty fast.

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 12:43 PM
You people calling Paterno and scapegoat: do you think he would have just reported it up the chain if it were his grandson and let Sandusky walk around campus? Paterno should be put in jail.

The man stated he wished he could of done more. Y'all bashing him as if HE was sexual with a fucking child! He did what he thought he was legally obligated to do. It did back fire on him, and it was a mistake he came out and announced as a MAN! Come on now! Screw the other fucks that are more responsible for this gross tradegy!

Gertner
11-10-2011, 12:48 PM
He's just as responsible. He knew what was going on and did NOTHING. He should be fucking shot.

McLegend
11-10-2011, 12:49 PM
In 2005 Sandusky was still seen on campus using the weight room from time to time. Paterno def knew at that point, and he still let him on campus!

So really Joe Paterno did all what he though he was obligatd to do.

Gertner
11-10-2011, 12:50 PM
In 2005 Sandusky was still seen on campus using the weight room from time to time. Paterno def knew at that point, and he still let him on campus!

So really Joe Paterno did all what he though he was obligatd to do.

Paterno is a piece of shit. Again, what if it were Joe's grandson. Do you think he would have just done the minimum?

McLegend
11-10-2011, 12:52 PM
And the Athletic Director that Joe Paterno reported it to was his former Quarterback.

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 12:53 PM
He's just as responsible. He knew what was going on and did NOTHING. He should be fucking shot.

Are you even watching ESPN?

Gertner
11-10-2011, 12:55 PM
They are all just sick individuals. Every single one of them. How Sandusky wasn't decapitated the minute McQuerey saw him fucking a 10 year old boy in the shower is beyond me.

Gertner
11-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Are you even watching ESPN?

I've read the 23 page report. Paterno is scum.

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 12:56 PM
How Mike McQueary is still coaching on the side lines baffles me!

Gertner
11-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah I just read that. Un friggen believable. The NCAA should just shut this program down. I know it's unrealistic, but my God, how fucked up can one institution be?

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 12:59 PM
well I have a feeling that after this Saturday, there will be no more games for the rest of the season.

Gertner
11-10-2011, 01:01 PM
It's gonna effect though the Big Ten standings. That's why I think it's unrealistic.

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 01:11 PM
It definately would.

Splaya
11-10-2011, 01:14 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/penn-state-scandal-rumors-sandusky-pimping_n_1086099.html

The next pipe bomb we were all worried about

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 02:31 PM
I know it's Baseball related but I am suprised how much ESPN isn't covering the catcher from Washington Nationals that was KIDNAPPED and whoring this Paterno shit like a damn Micheal Jackson case.

Evil Vito
11-11-2011, 02:12 PM
McQueary is still employed, but will not coach Saturday as officials are worried for his safety.

Some Penn State alumni have sent money to Sandusky for his defense. Fucking retards.

Emperor Smeat
11-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Must have been the same ones that got boys as part of the "pimping" rumor.

It was a mistake to even make McQueary the new head coach when he has a lot more involvement in terms of reporting and ignoring than Paterno supposedly had in the scandal.

James Steele
11-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Must have been the same ones that got boys as part of the "pimping" rumor.

It was a mistake to even make McQueary the new head coach when he has a lot more involvement in terms of reporting and ignoring than Paterno supposedly had in the scandal.

He isn't the new head coach, Tom Bradley is. McQuery is just the WR coach, but people think he should be shitcanned too.

Gertner
11-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Fuck I hope my Spartans don't shit the bed today against Iowa.

Droford
11-12-2011, 01:55 PM
• In 1990, as a controversy over an endangered species of spotted owls raged in the Pacific Northwest between environmentalists and the logging industry, the band did a show on the subject during a game at the University of Oregon. While the band formed a chain saw on the field, the announcer jibed: ``Oregon old growth timber -- a place where one can find peace, serenity and the dainty hoot-hoot of the spotted owl. Ah well, two out of three ain't bad.'' Oregon Gov. Neil Goldschmidt, taking a kingly view of his powers, promptly ordered the band never to return to the state -- a ban that lasted 11 years.
• A year later, Notre Dame barred the band from its campus after a show in which the drum major wore a nun's habit and used a cross as a baton. Notre Dame's fans were even more direct: A woman came charging out of the stands and tried to wrestle the cross away while screaming, ``You're going to hell!''
• Believe it or not, relations between Notre Dame and the band got even worse in 1997 after a halftime show at Stanford titled, These Irish, Why Must They Fight? that included among other things a joke about the mid-19th century Irish Potato Famine. That was the show that triggered a ranting column by the late Ann Landers, calling the band ``incredibly tasteless.''
• Mormons got their turn in the band's musical gunsights during a 2004 game with BYU when all five of the Stanford Dollies, the band's female dancers, put on bridal veils and ``married'' a band member during the halftime show as the announcer spoke warmly of ``wedded bliss between a man and a woman . . . and a woman . . . and a woman . . .''
• Last year, during a visit to USC, the band offered a mocking tribute to one of the school's alumni: jailed Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis. ``It takes a special kind of man to be wanted for sexual harassment, drug trafficking, tax evasion, prostitution, child abuse and disruptive flatulence,'' the band announcer intoned, as a hail of trash and debris flew from the stand on the USC side of the field.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/01/1996877_p2/most-outrageous-marching-band.html#ixzz1dWDhkMAJ

I wonder if Stanford and Penn State were to end up playing in the Rose Bowl (which isn't likely..but stay with me here..) if the Stanford Band would do something stupid in relation to the Child Sex thing..

Gertner
11-12-2011, 03:38 PM
WOOOOHOOOO SPARTY ON BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Outlaw
11-12-2011, 05:50 PM
End of Penn State football, if the latest rumor is true.

Droford
11-12-2011, 07:04 PM
So much for Boise State..

Evil Vito
11-12-2011, 07:14 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Boise State may never attempt a late-game field goal again.</font>

ClockShot
11-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Ugh. REALLY wanted to see the Smurf Turf crew go all the way.

The ball is in Stanford's court now. All the anaylists are saying if they win, they should jump Oklahoma State and get #2.

Corndad
11-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Jesus. We are gonna end up with an LSU/Alabama Re-match aren't we?

Skippord
11-12-2011, 11:28 PM
seems like no one wants to give credit to Oklahoma State for some reason

probably because their quarterback is 35 years old

Blakeamus
11-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Jesus. We are gonna end up with an LSU/Alabama Re-match aren't we?

possibility

Evil Vito
11-12-2011, 11:36 PM
<font color=goldenrod>If LSU and Oklahoma State both stay undefeated the rest of the way, it's gotta be them in the National Title game. Would be bullshit if Oklahoma State got passed over just because it's not the "sexy" matchup.</font>

Emperor Smeat
11-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Shouldn't even be possible for Bama because in 2006 the voters made sure Michigan vs Ohio State didn't have a rematch and their game was more entertaining than LSU-Bama. I think it was either the SEC, Pac-12, or maybe even both that complained it shouldn't be possible (the whole can't be in title game if you don't win conference champion thinking).

Although if it were to occur, Arkansas gets screwed due to the BCS rules not allowing more than 2 per conference in the BCS bowls even though they are ranked #8 right now and will improve. They did lose to Bama earlier in the year though.

Nervous Ferret
11-13-2011, 12:10 AM
Maybe Arkansas can beat LSU so we can just go ahead and play the national championship in a triangle game featuring 3 SEC west teams

Nervous Ferret
11-13-2011, 12:18 AM
So0o0o0o0 much is still to be "fucked up" in the top 10. Not only do I think LSU and OK State will both lose, but I think there will only be a handful of 1 loss teams to really choose from. UGA def seems like they could win the SEC title game which would be awesome. Bet it's like Oklahoma/1 loss SEC team that did not play/lose to UGA

Blakeamus
11-13-2011, 12:30 AM
<font color=goldenrod>If LSU and Oklahoma State both stay undefeated the rest of the way, it's gotta be them in the National Title game. Would be bullshit if Oklahoma State got passed over just because it's not the "sexy" matchup.</font>

It's happen in a way before.

RP
11-13-2011, 01:59 AM
Boiler up! Fuck OSU!

James Steele
11-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Stanford got that ass beat. I thought Oregon would beat Stanford because of the better athletes, but not by 3 scores.

Droford
11-18-2011, 11:01 AM
I wonder how much OK State will be up for the game tonight since the Women's basketball coaches were killed in a plane crash.

Gertner
11-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Easy game against Indiana this week. Hopefully Michigan beats Nebraska this week so it makes my Sparty's game next week a non factor.

Emperor Smeat
11-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Looks like the BCS is discussing changing the entire setup for the BCS system with the new proposals involving severing all ties with the bowls and only have the title game as the remaining official BSC bowl.

The limit on conferences for teams in the bigger name bowls would be removed due to allowing schools the ability to play in any bowl they want (as long as the bowl owners agree). Also proposed was expanding the title game site to more places than just in the traditional 4 spots so that Cowboys stadium and others can bid for the games. The really big piece would be the removal of the automatic status and special funding the Big 6 conferences get from the BCS.

Other proposals involve just removing the automatic status the Big 6 get for BCS bowls, the BCS itself creating their own bowl instead of just adding their name to rotation of the Big 4 bowls for the title game, and a "playoff-like" system without really being a playoff.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7248953/bcs-proposes-only-handling-national-championship-game-sources-say

Emperor Smeat
11-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Baring an upset involving Bama or LSU, the rematch looks very certain now that Iowa St just upset #2 Ok State.

Oklahoma's game vs Oklahoma State is now almost worthless with how bad Ok State will drop (28 pt favorites vs Iowa St). Oregon needs either Bama or LSU to lose to have a shot due to being behind both schools in the polls.

Blakeamus
11-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Damn that was a game! I would like to see LSU v.s. Oregon in the BCS title game.

Blakeamus
11-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Damn look the people on that field!

Blakeamus
11-18-2011, 11:55 PM
With how weird this year has been...I see Arkansas upsetting LSU.

Evil Vito
11-18-2011, 11:58 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Poor OSU. 1 loss like most other teams but they're national title hopes are considered to be finished anyway.

WE WANT PLAYOFFS.</font>

Droford
11-19-2011, 12:01 AM
that answers my question..oof

Evil Vito
11-19-2011, 12:04 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Anyway, I'd love to see LSU/Oregon. We'll get LSU/Alabama instead, though.</font>

Blakeamus
11-19-2011, 12:04 AM
BCS $$$$ > playoffs

Blakeamus
11-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Either is fine (ALA or Oregon)...and funny how it would be rematches regardless. I just hope if it ALA, it would have a better score result.

Droford
11-19-2011, 12:08 AM
I think the money game is the Oregon/LSU rematch

Blakeamus
11-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Yeah but you know the attraction is Nick Sabin v.s. LSU

Skippord
11-19-2011, 03:56 AM
Houston/LSU National Title

Evil Vito
11-19-2011, 10:53 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Lee Corso has lost his mind...he suggested that Penn State go after Tony Dungy to be their head coach. as if any "big name" coach would be willing to go within 25 miles of that shitstorm. the NCAA is allowing any player to transfer without having to sit out a year, and there have already been a few recruits that have de-committed. it's an unofficial death penalty that will set the program back about 5 years. may as well just get a new, young head coach and start the rebuild.</font>

Gertner
11-19-2011, 04:07 PM
SPARTANS ARE GOING TO THE BIG 10 CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

Supreme Olajuwon
11-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Lee Corso has lost his mind...he suggested that Penn State go after Tony Dungy to be their head coach. as if any "big name" coach would be willing to go within 25 miles of that shitstorm. the NCAA is allowing any player to transfer without having to sit out a year, and there have already been a few recruits that have de-committed. it's an unofficial death penalty that will set the program back about 5 years. may as well just get a new, young head coach and start the rebuild.

I've heard other people say that as well. It's not that crazy if you think about the reasoning. Basically Dungy would there solely to rebuild the school's image. Winning would be secondary.

I doubt Dungy would do it, but you never know.

owenbrown
11-19-2011, 10:38 PM
<iframe src="http://videos.sportsgrid.com/embed/player/?content=34P51Z2KK02X0F0G&content_type=content_item&layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&widget_type_cid=svp&read_more=1" width="630" height="450" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://videos.sportsgrid.com/embed/player/?content=PTY7F93RZYX3TR72&content_type=content_item&layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&widget_type_cid=svp&read_more=1" width="630" height="400" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Blakeamus
11-19-2011, 10:42 PM
This weekend of College football is freaking ridiculous!

Team Sheep
11-19-2011, 11:36 PM
Just got back from the Tennessee/Vanderbilt game. Been a shit season but what a game! Great final memory of Neyland Stadium to take home.

Corndad
11-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Oklahoma State... Oregon... Oklahoma about to lose... LSUs gonna end up playing it's own practice squad or something in the Title game lol

Evil Vito
11-20-2011, 12:00 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Guess that just about seals up an LSU/Alabama rematch.</font>

RoXer
11-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Obama needs to step in, un-realign all the teams and create a gotdamn playoff system.

Do it Obama

Blakeamus
11-20-2011, 12:13 AM
4 top 10 teams upset. Arkansas has a chance for the BCS championship now?

Boomer
11-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Having three teams from the same conference, let alone the same division, in the probable top 3 of the BCS is crazy no matter how you cut it.

Droford
11-20-2011, 01:06 AM
I obviously jinxed Oregon..ugh