PDA

View Full Version : Armchair Warfare Appreciation Thread

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 01:46 PM
The general consensus for Armchair Warfare seems to be that it was a lot of fun...however, it was a LOT of work.

Now, that booker in me still gets the urge to produce shows like that, but THIS time, I'd like to just present the whole thing as ONE show. It would no longer be about competition. I'd like to just build a whole writing team, with a few guys each focusing on specific areas of the show. The team could all just brainstorm to come up with ideas/direction/etc. and everybody could split the writing workload. We could post the shows whenever the fuck they're done, as to not add any pressure to anyone.

Would any of you be interested in writing or reading these shows?

Lock Jaw
09-16-2011, 02:10 PM
I say, half the fun was the competition.

Maybe only have two shows though, with their own writing team. Depends on how many people sign up, I guess. Then the remaining members of the TPWW Universe decides on who wins the War.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 02:12 PM
That could work, too. Also, with only two shows, there'd be bigger names on both shows. Maybe change the teams after each PPV, but keep the shows and rosters the same, where they continue from where the last team left off? I dunno, just kicking ideas around here.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Another element that I always wanted to implement was random injuries. I never knew how I wanted it to work exactly, but I think it would be cool.

Splaya
09-16-2011, 02:19 PM
I would be interested in working for one of the teams. Also, when there is the draft of performers, just go to random.com and randomize the list with all the names in it. After that the #1 person will get an injury after week 3 or something.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 02:27 PM
That's one way of doing it, but I'd kind of like to keep it based on what happens on the shows. If CM Punk comes out one week and cuts a promo without even wrestling, I wouldn't want him to be injured because of it. If he was in a TLC match or something though, then maybe.

Lock Jaw
09-16-2011, 02:38 PM
12-sided Dice Roll.

BizarroKing
09-16-2011, 02:41 PM
I wanna do this! But how will we decide superstars?

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 02:43 PM
If we do two teams, we can do a DRAFT SPECIAL where a representative from each time announces picks for their shows...or something. Or we can just have both teams send in their draft priority list and each show will get their top available pick on their turn.

BizarroKing
09-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Personally like the Draft Special idea.

Kapoutman
09-16-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd be interested in writing.

Lock Jaw
09-16-2011, 03:54 PM
On the injury thing:

Each Superstar has X amount of "Warfare" points.

Every match takes away some number of points based on what kind of a match it is, and some sort of dice roll/or randomized number.

If Warfare points reach 0, your dude is INJURED, roll/randomize to see how many weeks/shows he is out of.

Vaguely defined idea that will probably create tons of arguments if implemented. Someone can try to more define it if they wish.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 03:59 PM
That sounds decent.

As far as voting if we were to do just two shows, I think it would be cool if we did it head-to-head ratings style. Maybe even have it where you have a certain amount of slots for each show and you can do whatever you want in those slots...but you don't know what the other show will be doing in the same slot. The judges could then vote per each slot for either "I'd watch Show A at this slot", "I'd watch Show B at this slot", and maybe even "I'd flip back and forth at this slot".

Poit
09-16-2011, 04:02 PM
You start by rolling on the chart chart...

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 04:03 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?

Lock Jaw
09-16-2011, 04:45 PM
That sounds decent.

As far as voting if we were to do just two shows, I think it would be cool if we did it head-to-head ratings style. Maybe even have it where you have a certain amount of slots for each show and you can do whatever you want in those slots...but you don't know what the other show will be doing in the same slot. The judges could then vote per each slot for either "I'd watch Show A at this slot", "I'd watch Show B at this slot", and maybe even "I'd flip back and forth at this slot".

In other words, the Patented Lock Jaw Voting System From Armchair Warfare Season 1

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes. It was beautiful.

XL
09-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes it was. Even if The Usos never beat any show in any segment.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 05:56 PM
If the talent were spread over only two shows, I doubt you'd even see The Usos.

XL
09-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Pffffftt. Still think I had a better Tag Team angle than most shows, just poor talent to implement it with.

XL
09-16-2011, 06:02 PM
VCW 4 Lyfe

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2011, 06:02 PM
I would potentially be interested in this, although I'm not sure how good I'd be at it.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 06:05 PM
I would potentially be interested in this, although I'm not sure how good I'd be at it.

Then maybe you can just be in charge of one angle for your team or whatever. The way I see it, everybody on the team can be like the "head writer" for certain angles, but the teams could have brainstorming sessions to try and tie everything together or make suggestions to other teammates. As long as there was one team "leader" to piece the show together, the workload wouldn't be terribly high for anyone, and I think it could last a lot longer.

Also, Hard Knocks Wrestling episode 2 was one of the greatest things to happen in the history of the United States.

XL
09-16-2011, 06:06 PM
As long as we get to carry on where VCW left off, I get to book everything and write nothing but have the power to order re-writes...it'll be a cake walk.

XL
09-16-2011, 06:08 PM
I am only joking btw.

I've already expressed "an interest" in this to AbT (and have on more than one occasion considered suggesting the same thing) just gonna see how much interest builds, etc.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Well I guess you can count me in if this goes ahead. I like the idea of having a team of people working together, which was kinda what I was hoping to enjoy about that short-lived Fallen Angel game.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 06:12 PM
In my head, I see it as, let's say, Iginfest is in charge of the Intercontinental title picture, and he has R-Truth, The Miz, Paul London, and Kazarian to do whatever he wants with. XL is in charge of the main event picture with CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Crimson, and Kurt Angle, or whoever the fuck. Teammates could coordinate and use each others guys or whatever, and maybe have one team leader who pieces the whole show together once everyone has written his part.

I'm sorry this sounds so scatterbrained here, but I'm typing it as I think it.

CSL
09-16-2011, 06:18 PM
I would like to be in. So I can lay into people's ideas and inevitably be made to walk the plank by a team of angry wrestling forum posters because some of them don't like hearing/seeing bad words. And to then return gloriously with a biting insult ala Sterling Archer.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2011, 06:18 PM
You could also set up social groups for each team to discuss stuff in and maybe set some long term goals you want to achieve.

Like say you want to give Drew McIntyre a long term push to the upper midcard and then to the main event. You could figure out where to integrate him into which storylines. Or if you wanted to gradually build up to the formation of a stable you could figure out ways to intertwine each of the members in storylines so the coming together makes sense.

CSL
09-16-2011, 06:19 PM
ooh ooh ooh can we bombard Triple A with PM's to get autoplay on the gwarn again?

XL
09-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Another way to do it would be to get together, thrash out ideas for all the guys on your roster/assign guys on the roster to the angles/ideas you have and then assign the segments/matches for that week to members of the team.

I found that I had to "cross pollinate" a lot of angles and guys from other "divisions" to deliver fresh matches week in, week out.

dhellova guy
09-16-2011, 06:21 PM
I want to book. Sign me up.

XL
09-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Can I be on the same team as CSL?

XL
09-16-2011, 06:23 PM
We could run The Hipster Division where nobody wants the belt because it's popular and therefore not very good.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 06:24 PM
You could also set up social groups for each team to discuss stuff in and maybe set some long term goals you want to achieve.

Like say you want to give Drew McIntyre a long term push to the upper midcard and then to the main event. You could figure out where to integrate him into which storylines. Or if you wanted to gradually build up to the formation of a stable you could figure out ways to intertwine each of the members in storylines so the coming together makes sense.

Yeah, you're getting it. I was thinking about social groups too.

I was also thinking that we could give the ratings judges the option of a return the following week. If they don't want to judge again, we can find someone else to judge for that week.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 06:27 PM
How many people should be on each team? Five? Seems like a nice number. Ten judges again?

XL
09-16-2011, 06:29 PM
You think we can get 20 people interested in this on a reasonably long term basis!?

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes. If the bookers have their workload cut in 1/5 and the judges can cycle in and out as they please.

parkmania
09-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Would love to see it, but I just do not have the time to contribute.

loopydate
09-16-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm in. Didn't have enough time to do the original, and I still don't have time to write a full show, but I could do a segment/story per week if I was a member of a team.

BizarroKing
09-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Maybe just have the normal audience be the judges this time if we can't get 10 people to judge?

Also do we have 10 people interested currently? If so maybe now pick teams?

Maluco
09-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I know there is a question about workload and how many commited people could be drummed up, but personally, I would LOVE to see this as 3 shows. The Armchair Warfare threads were the best in this forum in a long time, really cool. I just think people got bored reading 5 different shows or whatever.

I think 3 shows would be perfect as we would get to see lesser used stars elevated with new gimmicks (rather than current stars dominating as could happen with 2 shows) and we would also get lots of variation on favorites etc...harking back to the days of WWE, WCW, ECW.

You could even start the 3 shows as similar to those 3 brands and work from there. Would give the whole thing a competitive edge and allow a lot of variation in writing, approach and talent used.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm in. Didn't have enough time to do the original, and I still don't have time to write a full show, but I could do a segment/story per week if I was a member of a team.

Right. People like you are the ones I was hoping would prefer this structure. The mind behind Lou P. Daight in the Armchair Universe? Sounds awesome to me.

Would love to see it, but I just do not have the time to contribute.

Could you possibly judge, like, once every other week or so?

Splaya
09-16-2011, 06:39 PM
So who's going to write and who's going to judge?

BizarroKing
09-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Well I certainly want to write it.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Maybe just have the normal audience be the judges this time if we can't get 10 people to judge?

I like the idea of the audience being the judges. Honestly, the audience can just read WHATEVER parts of either show that they want, and just vote/tell us about what they watched and what they didn't. It may not seem "fair", but it'd be a more accurate depiction of "ratings". That way, judges wouldn't have to feel bad if they wanted to skip parts of a show. Just vote on what you saw...

...I dunno, that sounds convoluted the more I think about it, but it could work. The reason I liked having designated judges was because the public polls were getting literally ZERO votes towards the end of the last season. I'd hate to have no feedback whatsoever.

I know there is a question about workload and how many commited people could be drummed up, but personally, I would LOVE to see this as 3 shows. The Armchair Warfare threads were the best in this forum in a long time, really cool. I just think people got bored reading 5 different shows or whatever.

I think 3 shows would be perfect as we would get to see lesser used stars elevated with new gimmicks (rather than current stars dominating as could happen with 2 shows) and we would also get lots of variation on favorites etc...harking back to the days of WWE, WCW, ECW.

You could even start the 3 shows as similar to those 3 brands and work from there. Would give the whole thing a competitive edge and allow a lot of variation in writing, approach and talent used.

I like where your head's at, but I think two is good for now since we're just kicking the tires on this thing to see if it'll drive or not. If all goes well, maybe a third team could be added next "season", or however we'd do it this time.

XL
09-16-2011, 06:46 PM

I think we all need to slow down a little.

Let's get some structure to it first off. Decide how many shows, how many people per team, etc before we start breaking off into teams.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 06:46 PM
BizarroKing definitely deserves a spot. He's been a supporter since day one. I wish I could find that Paul Heyman guy and Flash Funk as well.

XL
09-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Also, to combat having 2 "Super Shows" full of guys that are already Main Eventing howabaout...

We break the list of available wrestlers into Main Eventers, Upper Midcarders, Midcarders, Jobbers etc.

Then each show gets to pick 5 guys from each category.

XL
09-16-2011, 06:49 PM
BizarroKing definitely deserves a spot. He's been a supporter since day one. I wish I could find that Paul Heyman guy and Flash Funk as well.
:y:

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Also, to combat having 2 "Super Shows" full of guys that are already Main Eventing howabaout...

We break the list of available wrestlers into Main Eventers, Upper Midcarders, Midcarders, Jobbers etc.

That's a pretty good idea.

XL
09-16-2011, 06:54 PM
It should hopefully "force" teams to try to elevate talent.

With 2 teams and "Main Event" calibre stars from WWE and TNA available you could easily find both shows with up to 10 "Main Event" guys.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah. It would seem kinda weird though if we put a cap on it and somebody like Del Rio went undrafted and Zack Ryder is tearing through the Hipster division.

loopydate
09-16-2011, 06:57 PM

Or maybe slightly more in the lower categories, since most promotions have a bigger midcard than main event scene. Something like:

4 main eventers
8 upper-midcarders
12 midcarders
6 lower midcard/"enhancement" workers

30 guys for a 5-man team. Obviously, those numbers were just sort of arbitrarily determined, but something along those lines might work.

BizarroKing
09-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Maybe 25 for each team? Throw in some diva picks just as a bonus if by some off chance someone wants to use them.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 07:00 PM
I do like the idea of a roster bigger than 20 for just two teams.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I actually like 30 better than 20. I remember when I had 20 on my roster for Hard Knocks, there only seemed to be two guys that I could use to do continual jobs. Sorry about that, Paul Burchill and Kofi Kingston. More guys will leave you room to bury guys, which actually is a bigger benefit than some may realize.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Or maybe slightly more in the lower categories, since most promotions have a bigger midcard than main event scene. Something like:

4 main eventers
8 upper-midcarders
12 midcarders
6 lower midcard/"enhancement" workers

30 guys for a 5-man team. Obviously, those numbers were just sort of arbitrarily determined, but something along those lines might work.

Those numbers sound about right. You really wouldn't need more than 4 main eventers in a two hour show, right? A good amount of upper mids that can break through at any moment, and a whole universe to construct on your own in the midcard. :y:

XL
09-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah. It would seem kinda weird though if we put a cap on it and somebody like Del Rio went undrafted and Zack Ryder is tearing through the Hipster division.
This is a fantastic point. And exemplifies why there needs to be further discussion on structure before we jump to picking teams.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Would it follow any sort of similar calendar structure to WWE? i.e. ppv's such as the rumble and elimination chamber where the teams would have to build towards having those sorts of matches. Or would it be something new entirely?

I think if it were something new, it would maybe still be a good idea to decide between the teams on dates for special PPV's similar to those I mentioned. It would probably help build a bit of excitement for the readers knowing that a royal rumble type show is coming up and for them to see who's going to win "the big one".

Anybody Thrilla
We COULD do just the WWE roster...but I kinda like having TNA involved. If we did just WWE, the main eventers would all be drafted, and we'd basically have our own Raw and Smackdown. We could really even name the shows as such.

Corporate CockSnogger
Although writing a rumble would be pretty difficult between the two teams I would imagine.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Would it follow any sort of similar calendar structure to WWE? i.e. ppv's such as the rumble and elimination chamber where the teams would have to build towards having those sorts of matches. Or would it be something new entirely?

I think if it were something new, it would maybe still be a good idea to decide between the teams on dates for special PPV's similar to those I mentioned. It would probably help build a bit of excitement for the readers knowing that a royal rumble type show is coming up and for them to see who's going to win "the big one".

I'd say that would be up to the teams to structure their events, but I agree that it would be a good idea to have shows like that. They're a gamble though, because if they don't resonate and you've already committed to a concept, you have to stick it all the way out.

I may not be in any position to give advice, but I'd think that the best way to go about something like that is to book the ending to your gimmick match FIRST, and if it feels awesome, go ahead and write the road to it backwards.

Ah, my mind's wandering again. I really want this to stick this time.

XL
09-16-2011, 07:12 PM
We COULD do just the WWE roster...but I kinda like having TNA involved. If we did just WWE, the main eventers would all be drafted, and we'd basically have our own Raw and Smackdown. We could really even name the shows as such.
The game is far more dynamic/interesting with TNA involved. Angles with former WWE guys "coming back" and "dream matches", etc.

BizarroKing
09-16-2011, 07:13 PM
We throwing ROH in this too? or Just WWE and <strike>TNA</strike> ImpactWrestling?

XL
09-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I'd say both shows do four 2 hour TV shows leading to a 3 hour PPV, rinse and repeat. What you do as far as concept for PPVs is up to the team.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Maybe just a certain number of "outside talent" permitted per team? And the teams could decide how to bring them onto the shows? Hype promos, randomly showing up etc

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 07:16 PM
We throwing ROH in this too? or Just WWE and <strike>TNA</strike> ImpactWrestling?

I think that the 'average' judge may not be familiar with the abilities of a lot of ROH guys, so it might be harder for them to imagine how things would be going down as they're written. It'd be a disadvantage to the writers, I think. If enough people really wanted ROH though, it might be OK. What does anybody else think?

BizarroKing
09-16-2011, 07:18 PM
I think that the 'average' judge may not be familiar with the abilities of a lot of ROH guys, so it might be harder for them to imagine how things would be going down as they're written. It'd be a disadvantage to the writers, I think. If enough people really wanted ROH though, it might be OK. What does anybody else think?

Well, I'm actually fine if we skip them I'm just asking if we wanted to include them.

XL
09-16-2011, 07:19 PM
My sentiments echo yours on this matter.

XL
09-16-2011, 07:21 PM
How would we pick teams?

Two captains who select members? Randomly drawn?

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't think it should be random. Either a draft with captains choosing, cause let's face it, drafts are pretty fun. Or just have each team comprise a list of who would be their top 4 picks for main event wrestlers, top 8 for mid card etc and work it out from there?

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 07:27 PM
That randomizer was my best friend the first time around.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't think it should be random. Either a draft with captains choosing, cause let's face it, drafts are pretty fun. Or just have each team comprise a list of who would be their top 4 picks for main event wrestlers, top 8 for mid card etc and work it out from there?

I think he was talking about booking teams.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Oh, right yeah. That makes sense. My b.

XL
09-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah. I meant for selecting teams.

Lock Jaw
09-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Just re-reading my UCE stuff.

Darren Young and his confused identity is the greatest thing in the history of our sport!

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2011, 07:55 PM
I think I'll spend a bit of tomorrow reading through some of the last Armchair Warfare stuff to get a feel of things.

XL
09-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I hear the VCW shows are a "must read" ;)

Lock Jaw
09-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Man, I had to put up a fight to get Darren Young. I was so worried when I didn't get him in my draft. Epic PM trade negotiations:

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Lock Jaw
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by BizarroKing
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Lock Jaw
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by BizarroKing
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Are we allowed to do trade before we begin writing? Would you be interested in doing a trade before we begin writing our storylines? It's fine if your not.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Hmmm..
Of course we are allowed to trade.

Who are you interested in?
How about Michelle McCool (maybe you can have a BP/Laycool feud XD) for either Gail Kim or Daffney?
Not prepared to give up Gail Kim right now.

Would you be willing to part with Darren Young perhaps?
Hmm...perhaps, I want to see who I'm getting after XL makes the change to my roster; he gave me and Noid Zack Ryder by mistake and informed me Noid will be getting him, so obviously someone else needs to be in his place. I'll find out and after I do then I might give you Darren Young in exchange for...one of your divas perhaps?
Zack Ryder should be in every fed.

Anyways, I am definitely interested in Michelle McCool, but I also have a keen interest in Darren Young.

Perhaps we should talk more after your roster change, and perhaps if it goes quick enough the free agent picks.

Kinda want to get going as soon as I can though.
Yea sorry bout this, hoping XL gets on soon so we can get this sorted out.

We shall talk as soon as it gets sorted but...maybe Mickie for Michelle or Darren?

Also, plz don't take this as a insult, but I'm just curious: did you intend on making half your roster divas? lol
I intended on having some divas... I guess I may have went overboard. Also, I guess no one else was picking them so almost every time one showed up on my list, I got her. I figure though, if I can book a women's division and make people interested... bonus for me. Plus it is something "new" for this season.
FYI, XL informed me of what the roster situation should be, it won't be anything major, just getting someone else instead of Ryder.

Any divas you'd be willing to trade for Michelle? And if I give you Darren Young do you want Percy Watson too?
Well, I'd be willing to do the Daffney/Michelle trade.

As far as Percy Watson goes... I dunno. More interested in just Darren Young.
OK Daffney for Michelle works for me. And I might be getting Brother Devon now (just Devon), if u wanted...still thinking if I want to keep Young and Watson for a team.
Alright, let us message XL and make this trade official.

How about if I took Percy Watson along with Darren Young? I can understand not wanting to be left hanging with half a team.
OK that's fine either way with me, who would u be willing to give up in return?
No idea. Not Mickie James.

And it doesn't seem to be "either way with you" because you didn't want to trade just Darren Young.

Just name who you have interest in. If we can't reach a deal, I'll get by just fine.
Can I keep Watson? And we exchange Young for Hamada? I can probably think of something to do with him by himself.
This is a pretty epic quote box.

Hamada, huh? Alright... I think I can pick up a suitable replacement for her. I say the Young/Hamada trade is on. Let us again message XL. Good to do business with you.
Yes it is quite epic indeed :D and yes I am satisfied with what I got now lol I can make this work, or will die trying (well not rly)

XL
09-16-2011, 08:05 PM
LOL

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 08:06 PM
I did like Darren Young.

Anybody Thrilla
09-16-2011, 08:08 PM
My favorite story to advance was the Evan Bourne/Miz/Christy Hemme Saved by the Bell-esque love triangle.

BizarroKing
09-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Ah yes I remember that :) The Darren Young trade discussion that is

XL
09-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Accidentally making ("The Real") Jay Lethal a bonefide superstar was the trickiest thing I had to get around.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-16-2011, 08:18 PM
As far as incoporating injuries into it, how about if the wrestlers real life conterpart picks up an injury then so does the armchair warfare wrestler. It would make the injuries as frequent as they are in real life. I dunno, just a small idea I had.

blak23
09-17-2011, 02:12 AM
I'd be interested in writing

Flash Funk
09-17-2011, 02:39 AM
Flash Funk is here and reporting for duty ABT sir! Will write or judge

parkmania
09-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I'd be up for judging I suppose, since I'm more than likely gonna be reading them anyway...

Evil Vito
09-17-2011, 12:53 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Matt Hardy making creepy videos of him stalking his opponents before matches was probably my best character in Season 1. Somewhat foreshadowing the future as well.

Definitely fucked myself on my PPV though. Ran the show as though the fed were going to continue past the 1 month I was booking. In that respect my main event ending in a no contest with the Straight Edge Army killing everything made sense...but in terms of voting everybody felt cheated. Ah well.</font>

CSL
09-17-2011, 06:33 PM
that Matt Hardy gimmick was the best thing in Armchair Warfare

BizarroKing
09-18-2011, 11:11 AM
I still think mine did fairly well if given more time, maybe had Daniels and Taker do more mind games with each other or what not.

Any updates on this yet?

Next Big Thing
09-18-2011, 11:39 AM
How would scoring work? I think it would be cool to have the individual matches and segments scored separately on a scale of 1-5 instead of grading the show as a whole. Might give the individual writers some extra incentive.

Only thing I see as a potential problem would be you might have to have an allotted number of matches and segments to keep the available number of points even.

I'm down to judge btw.

Anybody Thrilla
09-18-2011, 12:06 PM
We were sort of kicking around the idea of head-to-head segment ratings, a la Lock Jaw's system of judging.

Next Big Thing
09-18-2011, 12:11 PM
It's always about Lock Jaw isn't it? Lock Jaw Lock Jaw Lock Jaw.

Anybody Thrilla
09-18-2011, 12:16 PM
He's just so pretty.

Lock Jaw
09-18-2011, 12:21 PM
And ruggedly handsome and modest.

Anybody Thrilla
09-18-2011, 12:27 PM
He's a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Such a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

He's a reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.

Real man's maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Impeccable
09-18-2011, 01:22 PM
I'd be very interested in writing for this. Followed Armchair Warfare religiously last year.

XL
09-18-2011, 02:45 PM
We were sort of kicking around the idea of head-to-head segment ratings, a la Lock Jaw's system of judging.
Could alwayd divide the total score by the number of segments. That way a show with 12 segments doesn't have an advantage over a show with 7.

Haze
09-19-2011, 12:38 PM
If this does return, I would love to offer assistance with any branding needs as I have done in the past.

Anybody Thrilla
09-20-2011, 03:15 PM
You are the man, Haze FX.

OK. I kinda want to get this ball rolling soon. Are we all still interested?

Lock Jaw
09-20-2011, 03:21 PM
I say, screw any new rules and whatnot. Just have it pretty much the same as the last times, only with writing teams. Otherwise we'll just spend weeks arguing about the rules until all interest fades and dies.

Just do it.

Anybody Thrilla
09-20-2011, 03:23 PM
We can probably do away with the Star Power rankings if there are only two shows. How do we pick writing teams?

loopydate
09-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Schoolyard pick 'em? Top finishers from before are head bookers, then draft their writing team one at a time.

Lock Jaw
09-20-2011, 04:59 PM
We could even still have more than two shows. Depends on how many people are interested in writing, really.

I don't think there should be more than three people on a team.

Anybody Thrilla
09-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Hasney, you really don't know? I'll try to dig up the threads.

Anybody Thrilla
09-20-2011, 05:18 PM
For those who missed Armchair Warfare:

Season One:

TV Week 1 - http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104844
TV Week 2 - http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105103
TV Week 3 - http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105495
TV Week 4 - http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105983
PPV Round - http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107038

Season Two:

Week 1: http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107793
Week 2: http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108091
Week 3 + Some Week 4: http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108476
More Week 4 + 1 PPV: http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110104

Lock Jaw
09-20-2011, 05:19 PM
I think I will go back to judging for this one, but I have no problem booking if you need like one extra dude to even things out or something.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Cheers ABT, gonna read through those now and see if I think I have what it takes.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I've read the first few weeks worth and I think I could give it a good go. I'll read the rest tomorrow.

BizarroKing
09-20-2011, 07:55 PM
I wanna book! :D

Corporate CockSnogger
09-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Would it be worth trying to do it as if it were a new start to a brand split? Like have it take place in WWE (which removes any need to try to come up with a backstory as to why the wrestlers are all free agents) and just have the two teams competing on the Raw and Smackdown brands?

I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas really.

Maluco
09-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Would it be worth trying to do it as if it were a new start to a brand split? Like have it take place in WWE (which removes any need to try to come up with a backstory as to why the wrestlers are all free agents) and just have the two teams competing on the Raw and Smackdown brands?

I think this is best. Eventually, I would like to see it branching out to 3 brands like I said before, but if this really is a dry run, it is best to keep it as simple as possible. This makes sense as a starting point.

Lock Jaw
09-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Nuts to that. Half the fun was creating your own promotion.

Maluco
09-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Nuts to that. Half the fun was creating your own promotion.

Not saying you aren't right ('cause you are), but what made that interesting was the variation between the five promotions imo.

With only two promotions, I doubt that aspect would be as fun as it was, and that is coming from someone who thinks the same way you do. The original gimmicks, promotions and pushes were what made it great for me.

XL
09-20-2011, 10:27 PM

Well only one promotion ever gave any backstory (that there was some kind of war that led to the downfall of WWE/TNA) so it's not as if you NEED to do it.

Seems you're over complicating things - albeit with a very uncomplicated solution.

Things worked fine the first time round. The "rules" don't really need to be fixed. The problem with AW was that it was too much work to write a show/read all 5, we've alleviated that with only having 2 shows and writing teams.

Maluco
09-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, it's not a big sticking point about the feds, if people prefer to create them, then there is no harm in that, especially if it gives them different storyline ideas etc...

Haze
09-20-2011, 10:46 PM
I love the concept, and wish I could write/judge as this would be right up my ally, but just don't think I have the time to fully devote to it. Will help out any way I can however as I think it is a fantastic idea.

Lock Jaw
09-20-2011, 11:16 PM
I imagine writing and judging will be a lot easier with only two feds and teams of writers.

BizarroKing
09-20-2011, 11:36 PM
We doing a "first come first serve" basis when it comes to determining bookers? or if we get more than 10 we gonna do a random picking of them 10?

Maluco
09-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Yeah, was wondering this about the judging too...really enjoyed giving my opinion on the last one (as "Fallen"), so would be cool to get in as a judge this time having followed the last time.

Like LJ said, will be a lot smoother with two shows too...

Anybody Thrilla
09-21-2011, 02:17 AM
BizarroKing, I feel like you should be guaranteed a spot on a booking team. I hadn't even heard of you before Armchair started, and I feel like you're one of the biggest fans. Maybe it's not my call to make, but you deserve a booking spot for your passion alone.

As far as the judging, we can do the "official" panel again, and we can also do the public poll bonus for non-official judges. However, if there are more than ten people that want to be "official" judges, I personally wouldn't mind at all. The more judges, the better, I think. Just so long as the official judges understand that they will be expected to read everything and vote every time...which, again, shouldn't be too much of an undertaking with two shows instead of five.

BizarroKing
09-22-2011, 04:19 PM
BUMP so the topic doesn't get buried by the new posts.

Seth82
09-22-2011, 05:09 PM
is it too late to join this???

XL
09-22-2011, 05:22 PM
No.

Seth82
09-22-2011, 05:25 PM
I am interested in booking

XL
09-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Did you do the poll?

Anybody Thrilla
09-23-2011, 03:36 PM
XL, do you ever log on to AIM anymore? I'd like to chat with you some time sooner than later.

XL
09-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Duuuuuude, I've been on AIM all day! Just left the house to go to work :(

Anybody Thrilla
09-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Haha, whoops. I'll try and get at you tomorrow or so, I guess.

XL
09-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Cool.

Anybody Thrilla
09-24-2011, 03:20 PM
OK, it's go time. Here are your booking teams for this session:

TEAM AWESOME AT LIFE
Anybody Thrilla
BizarroKing
Iginfest
Kapoutman

VERSUS

TEAM WE LIKE THE TASTE OF OUR OWN BUTTS
XL
Flash Funk
loopydate
Seth82

(Team names pending :shifty: )

THE JUDGES (so far):
Lock Jaw
Next Big Thing
parkmania
Maulco

(Definitely looking for more)

Anybody Thrilla
09-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Please confirm your participation either in this thread or via PM to me or XL.

loopydate
09-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Go Butt-Tasters!!!

...I'm in.

BizarroKing
09-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Team AWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEESOME! (at life) Love it.

Maluco
09-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah, count me in as a judge!

Impeccable
09-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Can I still be a booker?

Anybody Thrilla
09-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Unfortunately, the booking teams are set. We have to get this thing going. How would you feel about judging?

BizarroKing
09-25-2011, 01:21 PM
2 things I wanna know

1-When does the draft start and how it will work

2-"Official" Names of feds?

Anybody Thrilla
09-25-2011, 01:55 PM
There will be a LIVE draft special (within the next few days, we'll come up with an official date soon) in an AIM chatroom where all will be invited to participate and chat about the picks, headed by ABT and XL.

As far as the fed names, that'll be up to the teams. I'll create a social group for our team soon.

Anybody Thrilla
09-25-2011, 01:55 PM
For all bookers, be thinking about priority lists or maybe even contacting your teammates over who you would most like to have on your rosters.

XL
09-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Can I still be a booker?
I'm still waiting to hear from Mr Funk...

Impeccable
09-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Well I'm down for judging. Any way I can help get this off the ground.

If any booking spots open up would you keep me in mind?

VSG
09-25-2011, 04:24 PM
I shall be a Judge-ah

Kapoutman
09-25-2011, 04:28 PM
I confirm my participation.

XL
09-26-2011, 11:40 AM
<blink>BREAKING NEWS</blink>

I've had to drop Seth82 from the booking team. His idea to book the fed 1985_style does not work for me.

Welcome aboard Impeccable!!

Lock Jaw
09-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Honestly was expecting some sort of friction with Seth wanting to book in an "old" style, but did not think he would be dropped.

XL
09-26-2011, 11:57 AM
LOL. He dropped out as he thought we would be writing a show each (there's a lot to be said for reading a thread before signing up). He signed up to "another forum" to do just that.

loopydate
09-26-2011, 12:50 PM
:lol: Well, that would explain the lack of participation.

XL
09-26-2011, 01:34 PM
No idea what's going on with Funk either.

Dare I say that AW is failing again?

loopydate
09-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Meh. I'm good with a two-man team. Or three if Impeccable is on-board.

XL
09-26-2011, 01:49 PM
He seems up for it.

Think I get paranoid when I look at the Social Group and see no activity in a 3 hour period. :-\

Flash Funk
09-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Had a long weekend tailgating but I am back and ready to go

XL
09-26-2011, 03:23 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

loopydate
09-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Out and about but I'm sure my mind will wander when I'm home during Raw and will post some more ideas.

parkmania
09-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Bought a gavel and powdered wig at an estate sale this weekend, so I'm good to go as a judge.

Anybody Thrilla
09-27-2011, 08:46 PM
I can't invite Iginfest to the social group or PM him, apparently. WHERE YOU AT DUDE???

VSG
09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
He was banned by AAA

VSG
09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Why is Iggy banned?

He asked for it and Triple A delivered.

The better question is why is this in Spam Bot Identification? Got me all excited to bust out my banhammer on a bot.

XL
09-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Shit! I read that in casual the other day. Totally forgot he was involved in this.

Anybody Thrilla
09-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Why the fuck would he ask to be banned?

Lock Jaw
10-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Dead again already?

loopydate
10-07-2011, 08:54 PM
We've been plotting and planning in our social group.

Anybody Thrilla
10-07-2011, 08:57 PM
We actually just did the draft, Lock Jaw, you chump. :mad:

Lock Jaw
10-07-2011, 09:10 PM
More like CHAMP. Official Self-Proclaimed Season Two Winner.

Corporate CockSnogger
10-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Oops. Sorry 'bout that.

I hope I didn't cause too much hassle with sorting this out and was replaced quickly enough, assuming this is still going ahead that is.

Anybody Thrilla
10-23-2011, 02:28 PM
You can still join the team, really. You dickhead.

Armchair Booker
10-26-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=1806

Instant Wrestling Classics' debut television show will kick off a 16 Man Tournament to crown their first ever World Champion. First Round matches will see the following names in action:

Alberto Del Rio
Bobby Roode
Brodus Clay
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Derrick Bateman
Dolph Ziggler
Doug Williams
Goldust
Jeff Hardy
Kofi Kingston
Kurt Angle
Matt Morgan
Randy Orton
Ted DiBiase
Wade Barrett

Splaya
10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I am ready to judge

Lock Jaw
10-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh. So it is not dead.

BUT WE HAD AN "IWC" FEDERATION ALREADY.

Cool logo, though.

XL
10-26-2011, 05:42 PM
That's what I thought! (about a previous IWC fed)

parkmania
10-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Impact Wrestling Corporation. Yup.

Lock Jaw
10-27-2011, 05:09 PM
IWC, get it? Cause IWC also stands for "Internet Wrestling Community"! .... Which is where we are!

Destor
10-27-2011, 09:57 PM
hey thrilla, add me back to the social group so i can remove my subscription to it...then i will said group. its annopying the piss out of me.

Anybody Thrilla
10-28-2011, 03:05 AM
Annoying the piss out of you? You've been back for like fourteen minutes total.

Destor
10-28-2011, 06:30 AM
im an irritable guy :p

Destor
10-28-2011, 06:31 AM
must spread rep...yadda yadda yadda

Lock Jaw
11-13-2011, 01:26 PM

Instant Wrestling Classics' debut television show will kick off a 16 Man Tournament to crown their first ever World Champion. First Round matches will see the following names in action:

Alberto Del Rio
Bobby Roode
Brodus Clay
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Derrick Bateman
Dolph Ziggler
Doug Williams
Goldust
Jeff Hardy
Kofi Kingston
Kurt Angle
Matt Morgan
Randy Orton
Ted DiBiase
Wade Barrett

Was a cool show! :y:

XL
05-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Before I get started here, I know Armchair Warfare is dead. This is not an attempt to get this off the ground again. However, I have been meaning to post the ideas that "my" team came up with as I think some of them were pretty interesting. So, with contributions from loopydate, Flash Funk and Impeccable, welcome to Instant Wrestling Classics:

** PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT THESE IDEAS WERE SPAWNED 7 MONTHS AGO**

*A huge pyro display kicks off the first Instant Wrestling Classic TV show, before we head over to the announce team of Josh Matthews, William Regal and Booker T who welcome us to the show mentioning that tonight will see the first half of the First Round matches in the tournament to crown the first IWC Champion. But first we start off with...*

Match 1: Eight Man Tag Team Match

The match showcases the 8 men who will compete in First Round matches in Week 2 as CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler take on Kofi Kingston, Goldust, Doug Williams and Daniel Bryan.

Bobby Roode is accompanied to the ring by the former Skip Sheffield, now known as Ryan Reeves.

*The match starts off with Punk and Bryan circling each other, before they tie up Punk turns around and tags in Roode, the crowd are not impressed. The match is full of action with exchanges between the men on both teams - except for Punk who stands on the apron. Especially impressive are exchanges between Roode/Bryan, Ziggler/Williams, Ziggler/Bryan, etc

Towards the end of the match, Punk drops down from the apron and walks to the back.

The end of the bout sees a flurry of action before Goldust scores the upset victory over Barrett. The Englishman is not happy with the result.*

------------------------

BACKSTAGE

Matt Striker is seen preparing for an interview when CM Punk walks by.

Striker: Punk! PUNK! A few moments of your time. Why did you walk away from the 8 Man Tag Match just now?

Punk: Matthew Striker, seems like IWC really scraped the barrell when it came to hiring their backstage interviewer. Even with all of your "investigative journalism" you can't work out why I would walk out on that match!? That match, the one that was a "showcase" of talent that will be competing in First Round action next week? Maybe it was something to do with not wanting to risk injury? Perhaps it was something to do with wanting to stay fresh for next week? One thing's for sure though, it wasn't to avoid facing Daniel Bryan. Because next week, in our First Round match, I'll prove to "D-Bryan" - just like I'll prove to the world - that I am the best wrestler walking the planet today.

Striker: Thank you, Punk.

[Striker walks back to the interview spot where Jeff Hardy awaits his interview]

Striker: Jeff, in tonight's Main Event you will compete in First Round action against Kurt Angle, your thoughts?

Jeff: Y'know Matt, I'm just glad to be here, to be given another opportunity to be successful. Anything else that comes my way is a bonus. That being said, I have my eyes fixed firmly on becoming the first IWC World Champion.

Striker: Well, Jeff, Good Luck.

[Slow clapping is heard just off camera as Punk comes into view]

Punk: Speaking of scraping the barrell...Jeff Hardy!! Matt, did you really just walk away from an interview with CM Punk to talk to this drop-out? Jeff, this is a wrestling company, the rehab clinic is 2 blocks away.

Jeff: Very funny, Punk.

Punk: Funny? You wanna talk about "funny"!? It'll be "funny" when I become the first ever IWC Champion and the disappointment, the misery of losing out, sends you back on that downward spiral to addiction. The owners of this company might as well send your paycheck directly to the clinic. You're a creature of habit, Jeff. The saddest and yet most "funny" thing for me, is that this is all so inevitable. Y'know what else is inevitable, Jeffery? CM Punk, IWC World Heavyweight Champion.

The 2 men stare each other down until Punk smirks and walks away.

---------------------------

Match 2: World Championship Tournament - First Round Match

Brodus Clay vs. Derrick Bateman

*This is a squash match with Clay dominating Bateman with a relentless barrage of high impact attacks until the referee calls for the bell giving Brodus the win via stoppage. However, Brodus isn't finished. He picks Bateman up and continues the attack as the bell repeatedly rings. Eventually the ref reverses the decision, awarding the match to Bateman via DQ. Brodus laughs and walks away from the ring as Bateman is helped to the back.

The commentary team discuss how Bateman is lucky to have progressed to the next round. Regal points out that Bateman is a mess and really isn't lucky at all.*

---------------------------

Match 3: World Championship Tournament - First Round Match

Ted DiBiase vs. Alberto Del Rio

With DiBiase in the ring, ADR's music plays but the familiar sound of his car horn cannot be heard. Justin Roberts re-announces Del Rio, his music strikes up again but he is nowhere to be seen.

The ref speaks to Roberts who informs the audience that the ref will give Alberto a 10 Count to make it to the ring. ADR does not make it to the ring, DiBiase is announced the winner by forfeit.

------------------------------

BACKSTAGE

[The camera cuts to a close up of a large trophy. The camera pans back to reveal Matt Striker.]

Striker: Ladies and gentlemen, this trophy will come to represent the very essence of IWC. It will provide the backbone of the competiveness that IWC will represent. This is the Ironman League Trophy. The winner of which will be crowned in a 30 Minute Fourway Ironman Match at IWC's premiere PPV and will go on to be defended in 15 Minute Ironman matches thereafter.

But outlasting your opponent or opponents in a given match is only half of the battle. Because, if the holder of this trophy can defend it 10 straight times, they will earn themselves a shot at the IWC World Heavyweight Championship.

Check out IWC.com and stay tuned for more details.

------------------------------

Match 4: Tag Team Match

The Uso Brothers vs. The Motor City Machine Guns

Heath Slater provides commentary for this one. He spends more time talking about himself than calling the action. He reveals that he has "allowed" his former partner Justin Gabriel to team with him once more and that they will face the winners of this match at the forthcoming PPV for the Tag Team Titles. Booker questions why MCMG and The Usos have to qualify for the match while Slater/Gabriel are just given the shot. Heath avoids answering the question.

The Machine Guns win the match.

-----------------------------

BACKSTAGE

We head to the parking lot where an expensive car pulls up. Out of it steps Alberto Del Rio. He is greeted by Brooke Adams (Tessmacher) who has a microphone in hand.

Brooke asks ADR where he has been. He tells her that he is here and he is ready for his Main Event match. Brooke explains that ADR's match has already come and gone and that he lost via forfeit. Del Rio is stunned and outraged. He demands to know who made the decision that he should feature in a match anything short of the Main Event. Brooke explains that there is a Board of Directors that makes the decisions and calls the shots in IWC. ADR goes off on the Board, saying that he has enough money to buy them a hundred times over! He says something in Spanish before storming off. The announce team say they don't understand but by the tone can tell that Del Rio is not a happy man.

----------------------------------------

Match 5: World Championship Tournament - First Round Match

Randy Orton defeats Matt Morgan with the RKO in a back and forth encounter to progress to the Quarter Finals.

VIGNETTE

A booming voiceover similar to Don LaFontaine plays over images of a man training.

"In a land of mediocre men passed off as superstars, icons and legends, there is one man who will finally step up to the plate of destiny and become a truely legendary iconic superstar. That man is...Johnny "The Hype" Curtis!"

Curtis turns towards the camera and delivers one line: "Believe The Hype".

The video finishes with the words "Coming to IWC, SOON".

Match 6: (Main Event) World Championship Tournament - First Round Match

Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle

The pair are having a fantastic match with neither man managing to remain in control of the match. Midway through the match CM Punk makes his way to ringside. Josh Matthews remarks how Punk walked away from the ring when he should have been out there but now comes out when he has no business there. Regal reminds us of the exchange between Punk and Hardy earlier in the show.

The match continues as Punk watches intently but does not get involved.

The end of the match sees Jeff just about in control. He goes to the top rope looking to hit the Swanton but he struggles as he is worn out from the match. The slow climb to the top allows Angle to get back to his feet, he rushes towards the corner to grab his foe but the quick-thinkng Hardy jumps over his opponent, Kurt runs face first into the turnbuckle. However, when he lands his ankle buckles having been focused on by Angle during the match. Kurt manages to roll over to the prone Hardy and lock in the Ankle Lock again. Jeff struggles but eventually taps to the submission hold. Both men are spent as they lie on the mat.

At this point Punk slides into the ring. He stands over the fallen Hardy with a smirk on his face as he gives Hardy a sarcastic slow clap. As Hardy begins to regain his feet Punk readies himself to deliver a kick. However, Punk spins around and nails Angle - who had just regained his own vertical base - with a roundhouse kick to the side of the head.

Punk rolls out of the ring and backs up to the ramp where a smile stretches from ear to ear as the show goes off the air.

Anybody Thrilla
05-14-2012, 05:42 PM
It was fun while it lasted.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-14-2012, 05:48 PM
I had a semi-great idea in my head for Drew McIntyre for this. I wasn't around at that time though.

Anybody Thrilla
05-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah, dickhead. Where were you?

Corporate CockSnogger
05-14-2012, 06:20 PM
I requested a month-long ban.

VSG
05-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Well let's hear it now then.

BizarroKing
05-14-2012, 06:46 PM
I would like to do my own version somehow if i had the time. Looks like i opted for doing a redone version of Robot Wars instead.

Anybody Thrilla
05-14-2012, 07:01 PM
...what the fuck did you just say?

BizarroKing
05-14-2012, 07:14 PM
I meant trying to be the booker in my own little armchair fantasy fed.

Lock Jaw
05-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Were you not a part of season 2? AND DIDN'T FINISH?

BizarroKing
05-14-2012, 07:46 PM
I was one of the three who actually posted a 3rd or 4th show after all.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Well let's hear it now then.

It was basically a Desmond Hume gimmick which I've joked about them using with Drew in the past. It was also sort of a losing streak thing, which I think I was gonna do before the WWE actually gave him his losing streak.

It starts with him getting destroyed by some hoss, or getting a chairshot to the head or something and he gets concussion. The next week he would start "getting flashes" where he would see glimpses of the future (we wouldn't actually see this, he'd just start acting weird and mention it to a diva backstage or something). He would eventually start knowing the outcome of this matches before they happened. It would have started with him going up against some hosses or main event level guys, and he would just get in the ring and roll out as soon as the bell rang because "he knows" the outcome of the match was going to be him losing anyway, and he would just walk to the back almost depressed that he didn't even get a chance to fight.

Eventually some GM or whatever forces him to actually fight because they don't believe he's seeing any flashes, so instead he starts giving the commentators an envelope with the match result in to prove his power works, however he just keeps losing, which it says on his card inside the envelope every time. Obviously people still don't believe him because he's going up against all these hosses who destroy him, so anybody could predict that. Eventually he loses to someone lower down the card, which he also predicted correctly, so people assume he lost on purpose.

Eventually after a GM or whatever gets sick of him lying to them and throwing away matches, he gets put in against a high level player, like Orton or someone as punishment, and he wins out of the blue. He then gets on the mic and is like "check the card, brotha!" (doesn't have to say brotha but still :'() and he actually predicted he would beat the top guy.

I'm not sure where I would've headed with it after that though, probably something with him trying to change his visions at some point. Trying to win when he's "seen" that he would lose and when he "sees" himself winning he tries to lose, but somehow he keeps winning.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Longest post I've ever made in the wrestling forum.

Lock Jaw
05-14-2012, 08:51 PM
I was one of the three who actually posted a 3rd or 4th show after all.

Yeah.... but I eventually posted a 4th show... AND PPV.

....Eventually....

Thus why I am the undisputed Season 2 Champ.

Flash Funk
05-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Thanks for posting XL.. if anyone cares, the tag title match at the PPV.... STAY TUNED

XL
05-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Spoilers!!

Gonna do the thing eventually.