PDA

View Full Version : Official RAW Thread (5/17/04)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Corndad
05-18-2004, 12:58 AM
[QUOTE=RGWhat316]

Didn't see Judgment Day, but I swore I read that Eddie retained. But on the SD Rebound is was announced that JBL was the winner?

QUOTE]

JBL won the match but by DQ that was very misleading

Innovator
05-18-2004, 01:05 AM
my prediction: Kane's question was is Lita pregnant

Wondermouse
05-18-2004, 01:06 AM
I'm hoping for KK's Matt/Kane conspiracy works out.

I just wanna hear Matt say

IT WAS ME, LITA. IT WAS ME ALL ALLOOOOOOOOOOONG.

BLaZeR-
05-18-2004, 01:07 AM
my prediction: Kane's question was is Lita pregnant

Oh God no....I guess that's WWE's plan to give Kane back his mask by having Lita give birth to it.

CBright7831
05-18-2004, 01:11 AM
I hope Jericho didn't hurt himself tonight.

Lara Emily
05-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Remember when Val was cool?
Not really no.

RGWhat316
05-18-2004, 01:19 AM
Glancing back on some of the earlier pages of the thread, someone asked who does that song on the Transformers commercial. That would be Dropbox, with the song called "Wishbone".

CBright7831
05-18-2004, 01:22 AM
http://hugeinternetsuperstars.com/images/articles/20040517_7_287/rock.jpg
The Rock: Eugene, The Rock loves you, but YOU'RE A HOMO!!!

BasicThuganomics
05-18-2004, 01:56 AM
Glancing back on some of the earlier pages of the thread, someone asked who does that song on the Transformers commercial. That would be Dropbox, with the song called "Wishbone".

That was me, thanks!

John la Rock
05-18-2004, 02:34 AM
Holy shit The Rock/Eugene segment was so damn funny. Classic stuff :y:

I was laughing my ass off when Eugene said to coach "It doesn't matter" :lol:

Vastardikai
05-18-2004, 03:20 AM

I mentioned it on the music board, but I swear that Dropbox sounds like a combination of Alice in Chains and Pepper Keenan-era Corrosion of Conformity. (if you haven't heard of COC, you're missing out.)

Hired Hitman
05-18-2004, 03:32 AM
Come on WWE, take a thing from sports and have the commericals played at half time, like 5-10 minutes of straight ads.. cmon :mad:

#1-norm-fan
05-18-2004, 05:25 AM
Good Raw... the end made Kane kinda seem face-ish though which really annoys me since he is currently in an angle that requires maximum heel-ness.

#1-norm-fan
05-18-2004, 05:27 AM
http://raw.wwe.com/images/20man.jpg

I'll take Val Venis for the block please...

Nevermind
05-18-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm not usually one to complain about WWE's product, but I really have to question their logic after the Battle Royal. All Kane has done all year (apart from his match with Undertaker at WMXX), is face the likes of Matt Hardy, Steven Richards, Val Venis, etc. He was also in a pointless fued with Edge, which he lost. Now Edge is apparently one of the number one contenders for the Intercontinetal title, and Kane's the number one contender for the World title.

:wtf:

Also, we've been treated to a number of excellent World title matches recently. Both Triple Threats, HBK and Benoit, and now Benoit is going to have to carry Kane to a good match. I like Kane, don't get me wrong, but he can be quite sloppy in the ring and he's done nothing as of late to warrant a title match. It's going to be your average big guy versus little guy match, and neither Kane or Benoit are particulary good on the mic.

Which is why they missed the ball with Jericho.

He's getting bigger pops than ever, and now would be a good time for him to move on from his fued with Christian (after the cage match), and it would've been nice to see Benoit vs Jericho again. That would've continued along the lines of HBK/Benoit and the two Triple Threats. Sure, both Jericho and Benoit are faces, but so are HBK and Benoit, and they work brilliantly together.

But why have Kane face Benoit instead? It makes no sense.

Jericho said two weeks ago that he'd challenge the winner of the Benoit/HBK match, while Kane has been fueding with Matt Hardy and Lita. Yet another love triangle. It would've made more sense to continue that love triangle and have Jericho move onto a programme with Benoit. Now Jericho's left with no where to go, Kane will be fueding with Benoit and Matt Hardy and Lita, I assume, and it's all very, very stupid.

:rant:

The Mackem
05-18-2004, 09:22 AM
Sounded like a good Raw.

Azriel
05-18-2004, 09:46 AM
All I have to say Rock/Eugene segment was the best ever! Greatness. Randy was awesome as usual last night, even though he lost twice.

Wondermouse
05-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Kane's becoming a monster again, so it works.

You don't put Benoit vs. Jericho, because that's a heat vacuum.

Kane works because he's huge, he'll tap, Benoit will look like a million bucks. Kane's got the look and charisma, he doesn't need mic skills - even though he has them (really!).

The whole point is, this is to build up Benoit, so when Trips wins it, he'll look even better.