PDA

View Full Version : Overwatch 2ish

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Kalyx triaD
11-07-2014, 11:32 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UXCNNDHboho?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7Pfu5NVoMg0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

road doggy dogg
11-07-2014, 11:37 PM
My initial thoughts of this are "Blizzard does Team Fortress 2"

...and I am perfectly okay with this.

Would love to see more though.

Nowhere Man
11-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Team Fortress with League of Legends-styled characters. That's honestly a pretty brilliant idea.

alvarado52
11-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Yeah they may have something huge on their hands. Hoping for a console release.

VSG
11-11-2014, 11:15 AM
The consoles should be ok performance wise with this. But I still wouldn't be surprised if this is PC only. It is Blizzard after all.

road doggy dogg
11-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Console versions of D3 have been incredibly positive for them. Consoles aren't a "dead market" for them anymore, though I still fully expect this to be PC-only at first.

road doggy dogg
05-03-2016, 07:22 AM
any of y'all in beta? played a bit this morning, will probably be on all night playing this

drave
05-03-2016, 07:39 AM
Can't get Beta access unless I pre-order.... unless something has changed.

road doggy dogg
05-03-2016, 07:48 AM
yeah got a key from my buddy, on the fence about buying it. if my friends stick around with it I'll grab it for sure

#BROKEN Hasney
05-03-2016, 08:06 AM
I've got the PC and PS4 versions to try them both out. Will probably start for PS4 if the port is good and grab the PC version when I upgrade early next year. My laptop can handle the PC version, but it's a hassle to play without using a joypad.

road doggy dogg
05-03-2016, 08:14 AM
I finally got a 360 controller for my PC so I may toy around with using that but am sticking to keyboard/mouse for now

Having a lot of fun with Winston. I think I like the tankier characters

#BROKEN Hasney
05-04-2016, 01:34 AM
So Blizzard have done 3 great things with the game bar it just being fun. Like I said in the other thread, a rock solid 60fps is great. What they've also done is balance the game differently for consoles, which is perfect. Tracer has more health because you can't turn around quick enough on a joypad when being shot from behind for instance.

Tracer is my character, always a sucker for the speedy class. The third thing they've done is automatic highlight videos.

https://youtu.be/BSkqCHIaNGA

Think I'm going to chuck a pre order down.

Kalyx triaD
05-04-2016, 03:14 AM
May miss the beta but I will get this. They had me from first gameplay trailer and I've been thru all the character trailers since. Don't even know who to main.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-04-2016, 03:33 AM
Found the performance comparison and they've got the framerate locked down on XB1 too. Awesome stuff.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-overwatch-console-beta-performance-analysis

#BROKEN Hasney
05-04-2016, 04:02 AM
Really do love the auto highlights too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BSkqCHIaNGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#BROKEN Hasney
05-04-2016, 06:41 AM
Open beta access starting times based on timezone:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChjbFNWUoAANSvn.jpg

Shadow
05-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Been in early access and having a great time. Just need to work on gittin gud and I'll be set.

road doggy dogg
05-04-2016, 12:20 PM
I played some beta with a group of 5 all last night. Was fantastic. Reinhardt is a monster.

So many fucking Bastions around everywhere though

Sepholio
05-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Game not launching with competitive mode. Blizzard says they will add it in later on after release.....

Just like all those PVP modes you were gonna add in for Diablo 3 after release, right Blizzard?

road doggy dogg
05-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Eh I don't think this will be the same case. Competitive play is a mandatory backbone to this game, where PvP in Diablo was always more of a gimmick tbh

road doggy dogg
05-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Don't get me wrong, the way they've handled that in D3 has been a complete disaster and they should not be excused for it, but I would be legit surprised if something as ridiculous happened with Overwatch

drave
05-04-2016, 08:03 PM
FUck yeah, Xbox One and PS4 beta's started today. Halfway through the 11GB download now. Going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnng night :D

road doggy dogg
05-04-2016, 08:41 PM
so fun. just played a game against a 6-Bastion lineup lmao... so annoying

guys were cool tho

Shadow
05-04-2016, 08:43 PM
....holy fuck how the hell does the game even give that option? Like seriously that's some bullshit.

You should be able to stomp all over that team with a squad of Reapers.

Fignuts
05-05-2016, 05:38 AM
Jesus no wonder people are picking bastion. Playing as him is practically cheating.

ClockShot
05-05-2016, 06:19 AM
Downloaded the beta last night. Start it tonight to see what all the hub-bub is about.

Question to PS4 users, did this download as a "Music Player" for you guys? Did this on my phone at work, and when I fired it up, it said "Music Player downloading" in the corner.

road doggy dogg
05-05-2016, 08:17 AM
probably gonna be playing this all weekend. any other PC players? tonavin#1510 is my bnet handle

drave
05-05-2016, 08:56 AM
They will nerf Bastion I think. I have come across a team of them too. You can set options to not allow multiple instances of the same character, but that is in custom games.

I, so far, have become pretty good with Thornbjorn (The Dwarf turret guy) and D.Va. Not too bad with Reaper and Soldier 76, but definitely smash the shit outta the place with the first two. Went on a 38 player kill streak with the Dwarf last night :D

road doggy dogg
05-05-2016, 09:03 AM
niceee

road doggy dogg
05-05-2016, 09:03 AM
I've been having a blast playing as Lucio. He's basically Kofi Kingston.

drave
05-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Jamaican or Ghana, South African Kofi?

road doggy dogg
05-05-2016, 09:10 AM
I don't think I've ever paid enough attention to him to differentiate his style/mannerisms between "origin changes"................... but let's just put some headphones and rollerblades on Kofi and see where we get

drave
05-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Lol @ Kofi on skates.

drave
05-05-2016, 09:11 AM
BRB - gonna go play some Overwatch.

VSG
05-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Got an hour of gaming with Bastion, that guy is seriously overpowered for beginners. Once other people get comfortable with heroes that can snare, stun, trap etc then it will be better. I went up against a good Roadhog who kept hooking me out of turret mode and had a few melee heroes attack combo me but that aside it was a piece of cake in all of the matches.

VSG
05-05-2016, 09:22 AM
probably gonna be playing this all weekend. any other PC players? tonavin#1510 is my bnet handle

Will add you now, although I may be headed to Austin tomorrow so that limits my playtime :(

road doggy dogg
05-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Bastion seems too strong on certain defensive maps, if you can set up and have a half-decent team you should be pretty safe to wreak havoc

road doggy dogg
05-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Had a couple sick plays as Pharah flying over Reinhardts and hitting them from above with rockets. Pharah is super fun but pretty easy to pick off in the air. And people look like ballers when they do get you flying :'(

VSG
05-05-2016, 09:33 AM
I haven't seen anyone pick Winston so far :'(

road doggy dogg
05-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Winston's awesome. I think Reinhardt is just a better definitive tank character that he sees more play though.

I like playing Winston more on the attack since your aim is to get right up in the enemy's face and disrupt them and deflect attention away from your teammates. When your ult is up you can go nuts. Really helpful for trying to break through Bastions and turrets n shit

drave
05-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Played a few matches as Reinhardt and LOVE it. So far all the characters feel "fun to play" which is great. Also, GG Blizzard.

Normally don't go for snipers in game, but Widowmaker is a beast and her grappling hook makes her so incredibly mobile.

road doggy dogg
05-05-2016, 10:21 AM
yeah, I like Widowmaker too...

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/RawMeaslyIcterinewarbler' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='640' height='359.5505617977528' allowfullscreen></iframe>

road doggy dogg
05-05-2016, 10:21 AM
dat ass

drave
05-05-2016, 10:24 AM
LOL! It would be the dwarf watching. Perfect height.

Shadow
05-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Bastion get's countered haaaaaaaaaaaaard by any one who can get behind him. Reaper's got a teleport that allows him to get in behind without entering the killzone in front for example. But for beginers, he's basically God/Devil. Also because headshots exist in this game, you can sit back with Widowmaker and Hanzo and snipe the hell out of 'em. And then Hanzo get's his ult and well....dragon time.

drave
05-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Hanzo in the hands of someone who can use him is a fucking nightmare.

This game is so good. God damn it Blizzard, TAKE MY MONEY!

road doggy dogg
05-05-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm prolly gonna just get the shitty cheapest version. The $40 one. I maaaaaaaaay be persuaded into the Origins Edition since it comes with all the other shit for other Bliz games... dammit, you did it to me again, Blizzard.

Kalyx triaD
05-05-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm having XBL sign in issues but the response I'm reading here lights my soul on fire.

You have no idea how long I waited to see character discussions in this vein here.

Fignuts
05-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Bastion get's countered haaaaaaaaaaaaard by any one who can get behind him. Reaper's got a teleport that allows him to get in behind without entering the killzone in front for example. But for beginers, he's basically God/Devil. Also because headshots exist in this game, you can sit back with Widowmaker and Hanzo and snipe the hell out of 'em. And then Hanzo get's his ult and well....dragon time.

The big things though are his lack of spread, and his healing. Ecause there's no spread in sentry mode, it's effectively a gattling sniper rifle. I was killing little specks in the distance last night.

And even if a sniper like widow maker or Hanso gets a good shot on me, I can duck around a corner and heal.

VSG
05-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Dunno.. I feel like once you are at level 5 and above people are experienced enough to figure out what's going on. Like Shadow said, get behind Bastion in sentry mode and he's dead before he turns (as I found out lol). His jump is basically useless so it comes down to strafing and the different modes.

Fignuts
05-05-2016, 05:59 PM
That strategy is fine against tne average player, but it will be difficult to get behind players who know how and where to use the turrwt mode effectively.

There are are some spots on the map that bastion can hold, where flanking behind is very difficult, even with teleporters. I know, because I've wrecked a few teams myself this way.

ClockShot
05-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Tinkered with some of the characters in training/tutorial.

Probably dig the outlaw the best so far. But obviously this isn't your typical multiplayer shooter. I'll mess around with a few other characters from the other classes to see who I'll be comfortable with.

Neat concept here.

VSG
05-05-2016, 06:58 PM
That strategy is fine against tne average player, but it will be difficult to get behind players who know how and where to use the turrwt mode effectively.

There are are some spots on the map that bastion can hold, where flanking behind is very difficult, even with teleporters. I know, because I've wrecked a few teams myself this way.

Yeah I've done that, and almost immediately the enemy team swapped over to snipers to take me down from far as well. Ditto with the hook + melee attack combos. There are ways to counter everyone, but I am sure there will be some re-balancing done for the retail release.

Fignuts
05-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Does the highlight only go to the most kills in quick succession? Never see a healer get the highlight.

drave
05-05-2016, 09:25 PM
I've had support highlights. I cannot stop playing this game :D

drave
05-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Haven't played all the tank characters yet, but D.Va and her mecha are fucking amazing. Jumped off a ledge and flew in through a window just to self-destruct (ultimate) and get a team kill :D

I had something ridiculous like 79% kill participation that round. Reaper is fucking deadly when you figure out how to keep moving with him and how to tele in and out of SNAFU situations.

Heisenberg
05-06-2016, 12:54 AM
played a few rounds of this, not too shabby. Trying so hard to get the play of the game.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-06-2016, 04:32 AM
Mystery Hero seems to be where the higher level players are going, which is great, because it's a really fun mode for getting used to all the characters.

road doggy dogg
05-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Only support potgs I've seen are when mercy gets a big Rez of like 3+ people off at a crucial moment

drave
05-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Tombjorn regularly gets me p's of the g :D

If you can put a turret down in a good spot and keep the team armored, it can win you many games.

Last game I just finished was capture points. I was Reinhardt and put a shield in front of the turret since everyone was assaulting. The turret was never down and we obliterated the other team :D

<3 D.Va so much.

road doggy dogg
05-06-2016, 01:15 PM
you playing on console or pc drave?

Kalyx triaD
05-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Couldn't play much due to connection issues on this house side of things but I can say this game is just the joy. I don't think I ever so hype looking at the options screen. Of any game. Ever.

Alva tried to send an invite but I dropped out. Gotta get this internet up to speed.

(Btw; now have a steady place to game so I'll be on xbl way more often than the last three months)

drave
05-06-2016, 02:15 PM
you playing on console or pc drave?

Ecks Bawks Wun

road doggy dogg
05-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Mystery Heroes is fun, makes me play people I really try to avoid. I think Symmetra is my least-favourite hero

road doggy dogg
05-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Been playing a lot more Mercy lately too. Think I prefer Lucio to her for a support though, he heals more like a Resto Shaman :D

Wehttam
05-06-2016, 07:28 PM
open beta on ps4?

drave
05-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Yep. Ends on Sunday though, get going now.

GET IT NAOOO!!!! (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/overwatch-beta/cid=UP0002-CUSA03313_00-OWORIGINSBETA000)

drave
05-06-2016, 09:01 PM
I really like how if you want to actually be good you need to learn a few different characters rather than just sit on one. Some mastery is good, of course, but it really pays more to know the various roles.

Recently finding a big love for tanking :D Makes sense I guess, I was always a tank in WoW or other mmo's. Reinhardt super fun. I PINNED a Reaper player across the map earlier today. It wasn't the highlight but it sure felt awesome to slam him into a wall and see him die from it.

road doggy dogg
05-06-2016, 09:18 PM
Play of the Game: BASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBA STIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBASTIONBAST IONBASTIONBASTION

Shadow
05-06-2016, 09:47 PM
I really like how if you want to actually be good you need to learn a few different characters rather than just sit on one. Some mastery is good, of course, but it really pays more to know the various roles.

Recently finding a big love for tanking :D Makes sense I guess, I was always a tank in WoW or other mmo's. Reinhardt super fun. I PINNED a Reaper player across the map earlier today. It wasn't the highlight but it sure felt awesome to slam him into a wall and see him die from it.

Oh man I had some fun with bots.

Just messing around on the Greek map and I was Reinhardt. Had a Hanzo plant a sonic arrow on the wall and saw all 5 bots charging in a line down this one ally. So I set up, and charged them. Managed to grab the Bastion and send him to his doom down a cliff with me while 3 of the other 4 bots come tumbling after for a Quad kill and a play of the game. Was damn near falling off the couch. Yeah it's stupid bots but it was so damn funny.

alvarado52
05-07-2016, 12:46 AM
Pretty damn balanced game...exception for Bastion. Fuck that turret mode...needs a nerf to either damage, movement speed, or direction (the fact that the turret can spin 360 degrees makes it a pain to get around.

drave
05-07-2016, 09:37 AM
I've found sniping bastion works well. Also with McCready, flashbang + unload.

Bastion is tricky though for sure, very dependent on the map. I think his weaknesses will show the more the game is played.

drave
05-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Mei is also highly undervalued/rated.

If you time the ice wall right, you can instakill with it and/or send them flying through the air. Trapped fatass Roadkill between a pillar and the icewall and took him down.

Love the random shit that can happen each match. Each match really does feel different.

DONGS DONGS DONGS

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2016, 01:57 PM
For the love of god every team needs at least two Mercy's and you're golden.

Gonna main DVa and Phara for now. I like the ninja tho, but he's highly situational.

road doggy dogg
05-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Genji is the best counter to lazy Bastion players, but I don't use him too much

alvarado52
05-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Ive found myself cycling DVa, Phara, Mei, and Reinhardt depending on what side of the fence the team is on.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-07-2016, 03:42 PM
I prefer Reaper to take down Bastion. Teleport in close, shadow to get around and it's about 2 shots to finish.

I don't think he needs a huge nerf, just needs to be less effective at long range, like maybe some bullet spread. The distances he can be accurate are ridiculous right now.

road doggy dogg
05-07-2016, 07:12 PM
I'm digging D'Va on offense right now. Never liked her but playing Mystery Heroes mode or w/e kind of forced my hand so I ended up as her for a while today. Had a good run. Her damage kinda sucks but launching your mech into people is so friggin' cool.

Loving me some Junkrat on defense too.

road doggy dogg
05-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Really getting annoyed at seeing Bastion POTG. Not even salty about the hero in general just so annoying seeing a triple kill from a stationary turret be lauded, especially after I just had a game where I had a solid 4-5 kills in a 10 second span as a Junkrat... MFersw

Shadow
05-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Every time I see a Bastion Play of the Game I always quip, "you sure left click good there Bastion". I don't get a response but it's my petty way of voicing annoyance.

road doggy dogg
05-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Finally got a sweet POTG as Junkrat. He's sooooo OP on defense (not quite Bastion but good)

You can disrupt their movements so much with your grenades, and the trap and mine are awesome. If you're not totally obvious with your rip tire you can easily get double+ kills with it. Probably my favourite hero to play when on defense.

Curtis
05-07-2016, 11:38 PM
I tried this game but uninstalled in a few hours. I know its a team game but there is no scoreboard at all? Boring. Its an FPS, I gotta have at least an idea to how im doing. Also the whole atmosphere seems too childish. I am sick of all the serious COD/BF style shooters but it seems dev cant find a middle ground like in the days of Unreal Tournament and Quake...they either go super realistic like Battlefield or Pre-K Kiddy Saturday Cartoon Network style like Overwatch or Team Fortress.

Also felt the movement in the game was kinda slow...

drave
05-07-2016, 11:55 PM
I'm digging D'Va on offense right now. Never liked her but playing Mystery Heroes mode or w/e kind of forced my hand so I ended up as her for a while today. Had a good run. Her damage kinda sucks but launching your mech into people is so friggin' cool.

Loving me some Junkrat on defense too.

Really getting annoyed at seeing Bastion POTG. Not even salty about the hero in general just so annoying seeing a triple kill from a stationary turret be lauded, especially after I just had a game where I had a solid 4-5 kills in a 10 second span as a Junkrat... MFersw

Earlier I had 49 eliminations in one game with D.Va including a quint kill. Put up her barrier and flew the mech into the group protecting the payload and hit self-destruct. Also had the most time on objective in the game as well as the POTG, but ppl after still voted for the fecking Bastion player :|

I haven't played him out of principle. Seems too easy, like a D II Hammerdin

#BROKEN Hasney
05-08-2016, 03:10 AM
http://i.picpar.com/Z4Pb.png
http://i.picpar.com/a5Pb.png

Uh, I guess this means it's popular?

road doggy dogg
05-08-2016, 04:29 AM
D.Va's sexier than Tracer tbh tbh tbh

VSG
05-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Widowmaker gonna be a hit in parodies, along with Tracer.

drave
05-08-2016, 11:29 AM
D.Va for sure. Widowmaker for the weird alien thing stuff.

drave
05-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Gonna make purple babies with Widowmaker.

Shadow
05-08-2016, 04:16 PM
I tried this game but uninstalled in a few hours. I know its a team game but there is no scoreboard at all? Boring. Its an FPS, I gotta have at least an idea to how im doing. Also the whole atmosphere seems too childish. I am sick of all the serious COD/BF style shooters but it seems dev cant find a middle ground like in the days of Unreal Tournament and Quake...they either go super realistic like Battlefield or Pre-K Kiddy Saturday Cartoon Network style like Overwatch or Team Fortress.

Also felt the movement in the game was kinda slow...

Wow well obviously you're a stupid retard then who has no clue how to have fun.

ClockShot
05-08-2016, 07:43 PM
BREAKING NEWS!

Open beta extended an extra day. Now closes May 10th at 10 pm. pacific time.

Shadow
05-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Sweet

drave
05-09-2016, 06:02 PM
lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cE8Pw_-0P0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
05-09-2016, 09:51 PM
https://youtu.be/0KvgLet7QLs

I had this clutch end to a great game.

drave
05-10-2016, 08:31 AM
Nice. I have had quite a few games where the last few inches are the toughest.

road doggy dogg
05-10-2016, 08:35 AM
Was playing with my friends last night, finally had a group of 6 of us on. Was so fun. On Payload (attack) we had a sick play to seal a win. We were reaching the final checkpoint and the defenders were making a strong stand. Their Reinhardt was shielding in front of them... so I threw my Junkrat mine to pop him out of position to create an opening for OUR Reinhardt who then charged into the group of them and then ulted, and the rest of our team mopped them up and we capped it. Was pretty sweet

road doggy dogg
05-10-2016, 08:36 AM
Gonna play all night tonight then the long wait til the 24th begins :wavesad:

Kalyx triaD
05-10-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty there's gonna be microtransactions for the currency and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stock up like a silly fanboy. I want those skins and emotes. Shameless.

road doggy dogg
05-10-2016, 01:28 PM
I was hoping they wouldn't go the microtransaction route since they're putting a retail price on the game. But I wouldn't be surprised either

Shadow
05-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Just hoping we keep the stuff we unlocked from this Beta. Cause I got a white Reaper skin that looks badass and I'd hate to lose it.

road doggy dogg
05-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Everything is getting wiped, unfortunately :'(

drave
05-10-2016, 05:36 PM
I had the Mako skin for Roadblock. Still, looking forward to unlocking shit.

Shadow
05-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Everything is getting wiped, unfortunately :'(

Weaksauce. At least I have my Origins Skins.

drave
05-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Consoles have to pay for the Origins edition, no choice :(

#BROKEN Hasney
05-11-2016, 11:40 AM
People are already going mad with the game being gone.

http://i.imgur.com/9tEsW0f.gif
http://67.media.tumblr.com/977580c3055166d83c2b9701d8d28d62/tumblr_o6yclcXzdA1ruf33ro1_1280.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5bBkE0f.png
http://i.imgur.com/3PdpoFo.gif

road doggy dogg
05-11-2016, 11:51 AM
hahaha

but seriously, fuck Bastion

drave
05-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Genji owns the shit out of Bastion.

Shadow
05-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Any fucking sniper owns Bastion. Yes he's got incredible range with that turret of his but if you're able to get precise headshots on him, he's dead.

Powered up Widowmaker shot=Dead Bastion

road doggy dogg
05-11-2016, 09:03 PM
no you don't understand

fuck Bastion

Shadow
05-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Yes I'm well aware of how much Bastion fucking sucks. But for fucks sake he's not that powerful. Don't understand the salt.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-12-2016, 05:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Ak7gfyX.png

drave
05-12-2016, 07:54 AM
LOL!

Too true. Sit and hold one fecking button :|

#BROKEN Hasney
05-12-2016, 08:35 AM
This video of Genji reflecting Hanzos dragon arrow... Fuck me, I didn't know this could be done.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZqWPpaVdMHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, if anyone cares about going to a launch event (BROUGHT TO YOU BY #COKEESPORTS), there's these things here:

http://overwatchcelebration.com/

Curtis
05-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Wow well obviously you're a stupid retard then who has no clue how to have fun.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2akhg1y.jpg

#BROKEN Hasney
05-13-2016, 03:25 AM
9.7 million people played the beta. That's the most of any other game, beating Start Wars at 9.5.

Emperor Smeat
05-13-2016, 06:11 PM
Blizzard following the same banning system used in Diablo III for this game in the sense of a first time ban is a permaban.

In the battle.net forums, a Blizzard community manager outlined the developer's hardline stance for anyone looking to cheat in Overwatch. "If a player is found to be cheating -- or using hacks, bots, or third-party software that provides any sort of unfair advantage -- that player will be permanently banned from the game. Full stop. Not only does cheating undermine the spirit of fair play that all of our products are based on, but it works to diminish the fun and enjoyment of others."

First-time offenders get permabans. No cheaters pool, no temporary bans -- just an immediate revoking of access to the game.
http://www.destructoid.com/blizzard-is-permabanning-overwatch-cheaters-on-first-offense-361050.phtml

Kalyx triaD
05-13-2016, 09:45 PM
That's what I'm talking aboot.

alvarado52
05-13-2016, 10:14 PM
Bouncing back and forth between "day 1 purchase" and "look online for cheap deals later"

Emperor Smeat
05-17-2016, 05:41 PM
For those who purchased the disc-based version of the game from Amazon, the game will now arrive a day before the game's launch although servers themselves will not be available until the actual launch day.

So perhaps the hyped among you would be happy to learn that Overwatch is shipping a day early.

Those who had pre-ordered received word from Amazon that the, "Previous estimated arrival date: May 24, 2016" has been replaced by the, "New estimated arrival date: May 23, 2016."

However, servers still don't go live until May 24. This just gives folks with the physical edition a chance to get playing as soon as they do, rather than waiting half the release day on Big Postal Service or its privatized equivalent.
http://www.destructoid.com/overwatch-physical-copies-are-coming-one-day-early-361720.phtml

Sepholio
05-18-2016, 02:18 PM
At least it isn't the Diablo 3 launch. Imagine my disdain after waiting in line at a midnight release for 3 hours on the east coast, only to get home and find out the servers don't launch until everyone has the game. Then launch time comes around and no one can get online because everyone in the fucking world is trying to log in at the same time.

Error 3007.
Error 3007.
Error 3007.
ERROR FUCKING 3007~!~~~!111

#BROKEN Hasney
05-18-2016, 02:38 PM
At least it isn't the Diablo 3 launch. Imagine my disdain after waiting in line at a midnight release for 3 hours on the east coast, only to get home and find out the servers don't launch until everyone has the game. Then launch time comes around and no one can get online because everyone in the fucking world is trying to log in at the same time.

Error 3007.
Error 3007.
Error 3007.
ERROR FUCKING 3007~!~~~!111

I'm still prepared for login errors.

drave
05-18-2016, 05:29 PM
The largest beta ever will lead to the longest server delays ever.

Shadow
05-18-2016, 05:54 PM
It is the curse of a Blizzard game of course. Always expect long log in times on launch day. Thankfully I have to work that day so they can work the kinks out while I'm serving planes. And if it still sucks, I got Far Harbor to bide my time with.

drave
05-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Far fucking Harbor.

Been playing FO4 again recently in preparation.

Extreme Angle
05-19-2016, 04:41 AM
Some guy did a technical breakdown for the art of this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byjlw-rmzZZwQTFvQkpobVpqUUk/view

Interesting for those who like that kinda stuff!

#BROKEN Hasney
05-19-2016, 10:54 AM
There might be a new hero unveiled on monday. The French launch events announced it, then claimed it was a typo... So maybe?

Kalyx triaD
05-19-2016, 11:46 AM
Hell of a typo. What does 'new hero' even rhyme with.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Hell of a typo. What does 'new hero' even rhyme with.

http://i.imgur.com/IBqd8gU.jpg

I mean, that's pretty damn clear.

It seems like it's going to be a support sniper, which sounds like a hell of a thing, called Sombra.

http://i.imgur.com/VGxhU7s.jpg

They've done this before with characters like D.Va was on posters in the game before being announced.

https://abload.de/img/sombra_who_isqiqhh.jpg

Reaper also has a voice line asking where Sombra is when you need her. Then there was some hints on the Gamespot video talking about the development of the game, with a new sniper scope and even showing her on the character select screen under support, despite using a sniper rifle. Now they're teasing a new map, and we can probably see her.

http://i.imgur.com/wDBFvCf.png

Looks like there will be new shit for the final version after all.

Kalyx triaD
05-19-2016, 12:57 PM
More. More. MORE.

VSG
05-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Could be released in the upcoming animated short w/Soldier 76

alvarado52
05-21-2016, 03:11 PM
Aaaand Gamefly just shipped out Overwatch to me, so no need to worry about day 1 purchase. I'll probably hold onto this rental for awhile until I stumble upon a good deal.

Fignuts
05-21-2016, 08:08 PM
What system are youse guys getting this for? Maybe we can get a tpww crew goin

Shadow
05-21-2016, 09:52 PM
PC master race here.

alvarado52
05-21-2016, 10:36 PM
Xbone

#BROKEN Hasney
05-22-2016, 08:51 AM
PS4 initially, but switching to PC once I move and have a decent desk.

Kalyx triaD
05-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Xbox One. Should be on after 12am EST.

Emperor Smeat
05-23-2016, 06:12 PM
The game's community is currently trying to persuade Blizzard to officially include a fan made character into the game.

Whole thing started after Blizzard made their own fan art of a character created by a child which later caused a big boom in popularity within the community itself.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/shanehickey">@shanehickey</a> Our artists were so inspired by this that they created their own fan art! Hope your daughter loves it! <a href="https://t.co/c1ToeH1MJF">pic.twitter.com/c1ToeH1MJF</a></p>&mdash; Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) <a href="https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/733848914776854528">May 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Since then, Overwatch fans have been making their own detailed breakdowns of Birst, as well as hammering Blizzard with requests to put her into the game for real.

https://www.destructoid.com/blizzard-made-fan-art-of-a-kid-s-overwatch-original-character-363115.phtml

Shadow
05-24-2016, 04:19 PM
Why the fuck not? There's like 2 real healers in the game though I think they might want to tweak her weapons a bit as she's basically doing Mercy's thing.

Cool King
05-24-2016, 04:53 PM
I have no interest in Overwatch at all, but I do want to mention this amusing story.

Apparently there were "Overwatch Launch Celebrations" at cinemas around a few countries, with the one here in Scotland taking place last night, with tickets costing around £13 and a promise of "a behind-the-scenes look at the game’s lore and storytelling efforts" and "some pretty sweet swag".

It turns out that the videos that were shown were the same videos that are already on YouTube and the "pretty sweet swag" was a plastic cup.

alvarado52
05-24-2016, 05:46 PM
lololololol

Shadow
05-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Niiiiice.

Fignuts
05-24-2016, 08:06 PM
Pretty much always vote for the healer at the end, since they never get play of the game. Medics desrve their props somehow.

Kalyx triaD
05-24-2016, 11:02 PM
What happens when they win? More XP?

I vote for myself or somebody who really bust their ass. Numbers don't always reveal that.

Kalyx triaD
05-25-2016, 03:43 AM
Me, khuntry and Figgy rocked it.

Fignuts
05-25-2016, 04:13 AM
Last game was super intense.

Was pretty on with widow maker tonight.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-25-2016, 04:15 AM
lol @ AI talking to you in chat

https://i.imgur.com/fcTyUEC.jpg

Fignuts
05-27-2016, 03:25 AM
Fucking wrecked shit with Genji tonight.

drave
05-27-2016, 06:57 AM
Possibly picking this up next Friday - Xbone

Kalyx triaD
05-27-2016, 03:40 PM
NINJA BROS

Fignuts
05-29-2016, 03:38 AM
Just played against an entire team of mcreadys.

This is why you don't do that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QyFE3z8xh_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After I did it a second time, they ragequit.

Fignuts
05-29-2016, 03:46 AM
Also had a clutch save with bastion. The payload was halfway on the platform, so I snuck in a corner, turret mode, and wrecked all of them since they were bunched up. Teamates got there a couple seconds later and pushed the payload out. Ended up winning after that.

Some great games with kalyx tonight.

Kalyx triaD
05-29-2016, 11:11 AM
Yeah wild stuff. Pretty sure we were playing with my 8yo nephew now.

Fignuts
05-29-2016, 12:13 PM
We need to do a custom game so we can confirm that widowmaker's poison one shots turrets

Nark Order
05-29-2016, 12:56 PM
They should tweak their play of the game algorithm. Bastion is the easiest class to play and gets play of the game like 60% of the time

Kalyx triaD
05-29-2016, 06:25 PM
They just need to lessen what constitutes POTG. Right now it's basically multikills.

Then again, a computer can never really understand where the tide has turned.

Fignuts
05-29-2016, 06:29 PM
I think Mercy can get it if she ressurects several people at once.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-30-2016, 04:29 AM
You can also get it by stuffing ults.

Honestly wish Lucio could get it for his ultimate. I've saved so many teams from ultimates by breaking it down."Justice rains fro-" "Oh let's break it down" and everyone survives.

Also

http://i.imgur.com/pyQl7ro.jpg

#BROKEN Hasney
05-30-2016, 04:33 AM
And my personal favourite moment just for how pissed that guy probably was afterwards.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rI67yilPb_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fignuts
05-30-2016, 05:25 AM
I don't think I've played another game where I want to hear the other team's mics as much as I do in overwatch.

drave
05-30-2016, 08:07 AM
Miss playing the beta already watching your videos :(

alvarado52
05-30-2016, 02:16 PM
Made the ultimate sacrifice last night as Reinhardt and tackled a self-destructing D.Va bot that was in the middle of our entire team defending the objective.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Made the ultimate sacrifice last night as Reinhardt and tackled a self-destructing D.Va bot that was in the middle of our entire team defending the objective.

That's why I always end up playing Lucio when there's no other healers. That ultimate can just stop the big explosive ults from killing anyone on your team.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-30-2016, 05:20 PM
How it feels to play Reinhardt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvNUJqAiecg&feature=youtu.be

drave
05-30-2016, 07:52 PM
That is an excellent Reinhardt video, lol.

There is definitely a gratifying feeling when successfully executing a good tackle. And good on you Alvarado, you are playing the game like it should be! :)

VSG
05-30-2016, 09:36 PM
lol that's basically Reinhardt.

I am finally getting the hang of Pharah's rocket trajectories. The character specific settings really help here.

drave
05-30-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm surprised that Pharah doesn't get more play. She is basically the FPS antagonist from most 90's shooters with her rockets and super jump.

Feel like I am playing Quake when I play her.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2016, 03:59 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vhpYIcM.jpg

Fignuts
05-31-2016, 04:18 AM
That russian map is made for Symetra on defense. Saw kalyx tear their team apart, so I decided to try her.

Same result. 26 eliminations, 12 kill streak, and lots of saltiness from the other team.

drave
05-31-2016, 06:56 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vhpYIcM.jpg

Had similar situations happen to me so many times :|

Heisenberg
05-31-2016, 12:40 PM
I have it on PC, friends forced me to buy it and will get to play it tonight

Kalyx triaD
05-31-2016, 12:54 PM
Your friends love you.

Heisenberg
05-31-2016, 02:05 PM
I look forward to healing them or doing whatever the map calls for. Pretty excited to jump into it

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2016, 03:31 PM
Had similar situations happen to me so many times :|

Hey, with my birthday being in October and it being known I like video games and wrestling, guess what someone will buy me for my birthday every single year without fail? I'd like it if it was Battleborn!

drave
05-31-2016, 04:20 PM
Those people really hate you. At least go with the gift receipt option ffs :|

Kinda feel like they are taking the piss

Shadow
05-31-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm surprised that Pharah doesn't get more play. She is basically the FPS antagonist from most 90's shooters with her rockets and super jump.

Feel like I am playing Quake when I play her.

I keep trying to rocket jump with her like a Soldier in TF2. Doesn't work out the same.

Emperor Smeat
05-31-2016, 05:34 PM
Gamespot had a recent interview with the lead engineer of the game in regards to how the Play of the Game award works and why Zenyatta was hogging up the award the most.

Hamilton talks about how the concept is meant to catch moments that "slipped by," and cause players to "bond" together, but the system that's tasked with actually figuring out said moments "isn't smart." To tweak it, the team looks at patterns and adjusts accordingly -- for instance early on Zenyatta was blowing it up due to his ultimate, which heals an alarming amount and basically boosted his numbers above everyone else.

Noting that they will "continue to improve it," more love for supports like Mercy is specifically mentioned. For those of you who are curious how to better improve your chances of getting features he also specifically states, "a snipe of someone half a screen away who was just chilling out and waiting to be headshot won't be weighted as heavily as a Tracer zipping across, barely in sight that you manage to pick off."

https://www.destructoid.com/overwatch-dev-zenyatta-would-make-the-play-of-the-game-algorithm-freak-out--364889.phtml
Link to the interview itself: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-overwatch-picks-play-of-the-game-moments/1100-6440308/

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2016, 05:36 PM
I've not seen a single Zen POTG yet.

Shadow
05-31-2016, 07:47 PM
Open Beta was full of 'em.

Fignuts
06-01-2016, 05:11 AM
Glad to hear the POTG is getting improved. Sick of making a game saving clutch play, but not getting it because someone else pressed the y button.

Also, lots of cool heroic intros from characters who never get potg.

Emperor Smeat
06-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Blizzard quickly debunked rumors of Competitive mode being delayed after an accidental mess up regarding the game's official Twitter account stated it was going to be delayed till July.

Tweet that was the source of the rumor:
@adrianmaturell We'll be introducing our Competitive Play (hopefully) later in July. Stay tuned!
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) May 27, 2016

Tweet itself was quickly removed and replaced with another tweet apologizing for the confusion.

https://www.destructoid.com/-update-overwatch-competitive-mode-not-delayed-365148.phtml

drave
06-01-2016, 08:04 PM
It was supposed to be ready @ launch was it not?

Emperor Smeat
06-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Guess some people thought Blizzard was only joking about being very harsh against cheaters as the first mass banning took out 1572 players from China alone. Those affected have been trying to plea their innocence or been trying to hack/crack the banning tech used to no effect so far.

The process outlined in the image at the bottom of the post is particularly interesting. This person was banned on the first day. As an attempt to then play Overwatch legitimately, they: re-bought the game; deleted Overwatch and its launcher; and changed hard drive IDs/MAC address/BiosDate, and bought a VPN. Each and every time, Blizzard's banning technology caught them. At the end, this person speculates that they may need to reinstall their operating system to circumvent the punishment.
https://www.destructoid.com/overwatch-cheaters-can-t-beat-blizzard-s-banning-tech-365501.phtml

Shadow
06-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Holy fuck that's some intense software.

alvarado52
06-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Just gotta say, Fignuts is a straight beast as Genji.

Fignuts
06-03-2016, 04:41 PM
He's a little tricky to get a handle on at first, but once you do, you can cause some serious havoc with the other team.

Dark One
06-03-2016, 05:23 PM
These are my new favorite thing in the world:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ej3KDV7mfF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dark One
06-03-2016, 05:26 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P8veasKjubI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dark One
06-03-2016, 05:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'M CRYING <a href="https://t.co/h83XxyeBOj">pic.twitter.com/h83XxyeBOj</a></p>&mdash; Clemps (@MrClemps) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrClemps/status/734856253894209536">May 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dark One
06-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Okay, I'm done.

Fignuts
06-03-2016, 05:46 PM
omfg that last one

Dark One
06-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Really glad I'm working from home today. I've been laughing uncontrollably as I've been going through these, which may have been a problem at the office.

Emperor Smeat
06-03-2016, 06:36 PM
While no official numbers or breakdowns, Blizzard teased around 7 million copies have been sold since its launch.

https://www.destructoid.com/7-million-of-you-are-playing-overwatch-365542.phtml

Cool King
06-05-2016, 03:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GuKgiBa.jpg

alvarado52
06-05-2016, 03:14 PM
lol

drave
06-05-2016, 07:54 PM
The internet never fails.

Fignuts
06-06-2016, 02:28 AM
Literally can't play this by myself anymore. Group or nothing.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-06-2016, 03:49 AM
Single player queues are pretty rage inducing sometimes. Here's my Sunday:

Game 1: Game in overtime, no-one on their control point and I'm rushing back there as Lucio to just get a foot there. I'm about a second away and I see a Genji heading that way well in front of me... Before swerving off right to go try and kill a Mercy...

Game 2: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkNCfWMXAAEwEv9.jpg:large

After the first corner of escorting the payload, they were setup with all four turrets and both shielded. We won handily with 3 and a half minutes to spare, but it was just utterly boring. I crouched behind the payload and angled it so they couldn't see me. Then just a case of speedboosting past the turrets if I did get caught and hiding with the payload again.

By the end of breezing right through them, one of the Tors changed to D.Va at the last checkpoint and one of the Reins changed to Lucio before the end of the last turn. Whoops...

Game 3:

went into this match against 5 Roadhogs... And killed them pretty easily for control point A on Volskaya

Then they had 5 Tors and one Bastion... All setup on those fucking moving platforms. It's doable with some coordination, but with randoms it's fucking impossible.

alvarado52
06-06-2016, 05:14 AM
Literally can't play this by myself anymore. Group or nothing.

Totally. It's night and day. Even just one or two people in a group makes a huge difference vs complete randoms.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-06-2016, 02:54 PM
King of the Hill is still playable with randoms and still fun. Like this 2+ minute OT

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vCCRTJFMesU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can pick out the 1 parts where we lost it after a damn good hold attempt. 1) Rein charging off the point like a madman to lose it back and 2) Me forgetting Junkrat explodes on death. But still, everytime I feel like quitting, I get KOTH and enjoy myself again.

Kalyx triaD
06-06-2016, 04:09 PM
Way I see it playing with randoms is stat padding time and any win is a bonus on top of grinding XP. Some teams make ya proud but yeah, randoms are ass.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-06-2016, 04:23 PM
PATCH

PATCH PATCH PATCH

GIMME DEM NOTES BLIZZARD

EDIT:
-Fixed connection bug when timing out on initial login
-Fixed an issue with voice-chat that could lead to users loosing* voice communications for the entirety of the game session

Lame

alvarado52
06-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Heard there's gonna be some character tweaks, particularly to McCree's damage output against tank enemies and D.Va getting a potential damage buff, as she was originally intended to be an aggressive tank character like Winston.

Emperor Smeat
06-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Blizzard is currently considering the possibility of a future update to add cross-platform play for console versions of the game.

According to the official Overwatch Twitter account, the publisher noted that they will "keep an eye on cross-platform possibility on consoles." While they've confirmed that PC cross-play will definitely not happen (because both platforms are balanced independently, and mouse and keyboard players would have too much of an advantage), they've always been open to connecting both consoles.
https://www.destructoid.com/blizzard-muses-on-the-possibility-of-overwatch-cross-play-on-consoles-366247.phtml

#BROKEN Hasney
06-07-2016, 01:43 PM
Loootttt of update news, most of it sounds great.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-overwatch-blizzard-answers-the-big-questions

Quick Summary:

There's a big discussion about how the ranked mode works (which is still targeting the end of June). It's now a system where you can rank up and down. The game will try to match you by skill, and at equal party sizes. The seasons will last about 2.5 months.
There will be more information about the new maps and heroes coming starting a bit later into the Summer.
They're already working on updates all the way through to early next year so they have a steady rate of new content, though they're open to changing the rate based on community feedback.
The first few new heroes will be released one at a time since beta players reacted very negatively to three being released at once.
Jeff confirms Sombra is real and that we haven't found all the hints in the game about her yet. Apparently I wasn't thorough enough. Presumably she's the first new hero coming.
They're open to the idea of Xbox and PlayStation players playing together, but have made no progress on this topic as of yet.
Jeff notes that the server runs at a tick rate of 60, though that the client could be updated to run at 60 as well if more people are willing to test it in the custom game mode. Currently it doesn't work for about 20% of their player base and they need more people to test it before it can be rolled out to Quick Play. He does say most of the killed around corner issues are from latency though, and not the tick rate.
McCree's Fan The Hammer damage is getting nerfed so that it doesn't kill tanks, definitely kills lightweight heroes, and maybe kills medium health heroes.
D.Va is either going to get a damage buff (mostly in terms of lowering the rate at which damage drops off over distance) or survivability buff, but not both. They're testing both options currently. This will be later than the McCree nerf, which sounds like it's soon.

drave
06-07-2016, 05:32 PM
1 Fan would kill a tank? That shouldn't happen, but high damage output should be a trade off for low defense/hp

drave
06-07-2016, 06:47 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/okrtvozoesqpbywyytu6.JPG

Emperor Smeat
06-10-2016, 05:37 PM
Apparently the game has a semi-hidden penalty system in place that just goes after rage quitters.

Blizzard has a semi-hidden penalty for people who habitually quit games that it recently shared on the battle.net forums. The developer has an algorithm in place that looks at your last 20 matches. If the ratio of not-completed matches to completed matches hits a certain number (Blizzard didn't state exactly what this is), a warning pops up in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. If that warning goes unheeded, future matches will be docked 75 percent experience. That will continue until the ratio hits the acceptable threshold of the 20 most recent games played.

https://www.destructoid.com/overwatch-has-a-pretty-stiff-penalty-for-habitual-match-quitters-367331.phtml

drave
06-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Doesn't seem like too much of an actual deterrent.....

No actual "benefits" of "leveling" right now is there? I mean, other than free loot boxes or w/e

Emperor Smeat
06-10-2016, 06:45 PM
Just time as a deterrent since it would take four times as long to level up and get free loot boxes. Might have a side effect where those people might just end up purchasing more loot boxes than they would have normally.

Kalyx triaD
06-10-2016, 08:39 PM
I sincerely hope taking invites doesn't count. I leave games in a hot second if I get a chance to group up.

alvarado52
06-10-2016, 08:58 PM
I actually think it does, because I got that warning the other day, and I've always stuck around in losing efforts. Only time I ever quit out was joining invites or if I happened to time out while on daddy duty.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-11-2016, 05:00 AM
Doesn't seem like too much of an actual deterrent.....

No actual "benefits" of "leveling" right now is there? I mean, other than free loot boxes or w/e

Yeah, its very minor because it's casual play. I'm assuming ranked will have harsher penalties.

drave
06-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Feel like actually forcing a player to a "timeout" period would be more effective.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-11-2016, 09:16 AM
It's a pretty common penalty so I can see it. Seems to work alright in Rocket League.

Emperor Smeat
06-14-2016, 05:17 PM
Blizzard announced the current userbase for the game is at 10 million players. Gained around 3 million more players since their last announcement a little under 2 weeks ago.

https://www.destructoid.com/overwatch-just-hit-10-million-registered-players-368506.phtml

Heisenberg
06-15-2016, 02:59 PM
I sincerely hope taking invites doesn't count. I leave games in a hot second if I get a chance to group up.

It does count, you shouldn't have to worry about the penalty unless you leave 4 in a row. They gauge off your last 20 games so grouping up with friends will get your attendance count back up unless you all constantly leave.

The warning stays on your screen until Blizzard deems you worthy. I tested this all out.

Heisenberg
06-18-2016, 08:38 PM
got this again on Xbox One if anyone wanted to group up some time and fuck shit up

drave
06-18-2016, 08:43 PM
I was hoping to get it for Father's Day, but had to make unexpected repairs on my wife's car.

It is unquestionably the next game to purchase for me. If there were a way to trade in my digital games, I would be able to get it for sure.

Can't fucking wait. Been watching the Overwatch porn to hold me over :D

Fignuts
06-19-2016, 02:52 AM
playing as widow maker
27 eliminations
15 objective kills
2 kills followed by a high noon shutdown
2 other ultimate shutdowns

No play of the game

Not even on the mvp board

Go fuck yourself overwatch

drave
06-19-2016, 09:27 AM
Ouch.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Ranked mode details

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GAOaXSVZVTM

Arrives end of June
Season length now around 2.5 months
Competitive mode format changes, assault game mode changes
Getting rid of league tiers, displays skill rating (MMR) instead.
Cosmetic awards for competitive participation, new "golden gun" cosmetic system.

alvarado52
06-19-2016, 06:04 PM
got this again on Xbox One if anyone wanted to group up some time and fuck shit up

You can typically find me and Figgy in a group when we're both on.

Fignuts
06-20-2016, 12:48 AM
Berg, what is your gamertag, bruh?

Heisenberg
06-20-2016, 01:43 PM
Misterpi55(five five)

Heisenberg
06-20-2016, 01:44 PM
You can typically find me and Figgy in a group when we're both on.

Sounds good, it's better when you have a team. Otherwise I wouldn't be bothering everyone

Heisenberg
06-20-2016, 01:45 PM
Getting away from Junkrat/Torbjorn, I'm starting to get real good at Mercy and Hanzo

#BROKEN Hasney
06-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Y'all making me want to triple dip so I can get a good group going for once, but timezones would probably fuck with that anyway.

Kalyx triaD
06-20-2016, 02:15 PM
Sorry for missing out. I'll try to join up.

Heisenberg
06-21-2016, 09:37 AM
Y'all making me want to triple dip so I can get a good group going for once, but timezones would probably fuck with that anyway.

Do you play on PC at all?

#BROKEN Hasney
06-21-2016, 10:45 AM
Do you play on PC at all?

I will be once I get my spare room in my new place sorted out, hopefully by the weekend if my chair arrives.

Heisenberg
06-21-2016, 10:52 AM
I have a Discord and a couple friends that can go in battle. One guy sounds serious all the time, but mostly we all just want to have fun and secure the payload. He also reacts to being shot/damaged over the mic. His name is KingFat and he doesn't know he's a legend in his own right

Fignuts
06-22-2016, 12:53 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YtbaceTC1AY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heisenberg
06-22-2016, 01:04 AM
Holy shit, that timing

Heisenberg
06-22-2016, 01:53 PM
The Weekly Brawl is all SUPPORT this week. Up to 2 of each character though. Can't go all BASTION or TORBJORN on ppl

Emperor Smeat
06-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Recent patch for the PC version disabled the "Avoid this player" feature since it was causing problems with the game's matchmaking system. Apparently people were abusing the system to avoid playing against skilled players instead of the idea of it being used more against griefers or cheaters.
https://www.destructoid.com/blizzard-nixes-overwatch-s-avoid-this-player-feature-370317.phtml

Blizzard is also going after those who quit matches for the game's competitive mode with bans among the punishment options being issued. Same 75% EXP penalty as leaving matches in Quick Play mode but with the added kicker of being suspended for a series of matches or banned for the current season.
http://beta.egmnow.com/articles/news/leaving-a-match-in-overwatchs-competitive-mode-could-result-in-a-ban/

alvarado52
06-26-2016, 04:39 AM
Forgot to share this kickass Play of the Game the other night (I actually submitted it to Kotaku Highlight Reel)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1nYNxfub7to" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drave
06-26-2016, 12:30 PM
Forgot to share this kickass Play of the Game the other night (I actually submitted it to Kotaku Highlight Reel)

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1nYNxfub7to" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

LOL! Saw this on your feed - ridiculous. You had a pretty badass Reaper highlight too.

alvarado52
06-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Had a few. I never really used the guy but I'm finding him pretty fun and deadly so long as I compensate for the slow fire rate.

Heisenberg
06-27-2016, 10:39 AM
He's getting nerfed soon on the consoles.

drave
06-27-2016, 05:27 PM
30% damage nerf. Seems brutal, it'll be interesting.

Kalyx triaD
06-27-2016, 08:31 PM
30% damage nerf? I would have went with a range nerf. Shotguns should sting. They're shotguns.

Not a fan of the 'aesthetic balance' thing Bungie and now Blizzard are doing.

Shadow
06-27-2016, 08:46 PM
It's a start. I would like to see his auto-lock range nerfed as well as how quickly it switches targets. Currently I think it targets the nearest enemy and would like to see it like the engie's turret where it doesn't let go of a target until said target is dead.

drave
06-28-2016, 06:08 AM
30% damage nerf is on the turret. The range could maaaaaaaaaybe use a bit of a nerf but not the auto-lock. It is a turret, it should be fast like that.

This ALMOST reminds me of the whining with Bastion. While he may seem OP, he can be countered easily.

Heisenberg
06-28-2016, 08:41 AM
They need to release an Elimination Chamber match where it's still 6v6, but only one person from each team starts out the battle, sudden death, with the others being released in 2 minute increments.

Kalyx triaD
06-28-2016, 11:39 AM
I'd probably play that.

And for some reason I thought the nerf was on the primary.

Yeah fuck those turrents, but I think the target tracking was a bigger issue.

If I may be so bold, I think Mercy's useless slowfall ability should be paired with a higher jump.

Last week I played with Figgy and Alva and experimented with choosing one person doing a specific job (and doing it well), and just keeping them alive and buffed. This turned Fig's Widow into a killing machine they had to team shoot to kill.

Heisenberg
06-28-2016, 12:28 PM
A delay on the turrets would be fair. Hanzo doesn't have a chance if he wants to get a sweet shot off. Half the Genjis I've encountered don't know how to deflect, but that's on them

Fignuts
06-28-2016, 02:34 PM
pfft

My Widow is always a killing machine.

Fignuts
06-28-2016, 02:36 PM
A delay on the turrets would be fair. Hanzo doesn't have a chance if he wants to get a sweet shot off. Half the Genjis I've encountered don't know how to deflect, but that's on them

With the snipers you just have to dip back and forth behind cover as you're taking your shots. You'll take some damage, but the turret will go before you do. If torn is repairing the turret, get him first, get some health if you need it, then the turret.

Heisenberg
06-28-2016, 03:21 PM
Oh, I know! The turrets aren't a big deal to me and on a given Overwatch night I'm jumping from PC to the One and having to deal with the movement changes or lack thereof on console.

Fignuts
06-29-2016, 12:38 AM
It can be a problem when there is more than one, depending on there placement.

Also, I read another reason for the change was that blizzard found that a lot of games were revolving mainly around dealing with the turrets, and thats not how they intended the gameplay to flow.

Heisenberg
06-29-2016, 09:03 AM
Competitive Play is out and it's ruthless. Do NOT go into a match by yourself. It's not worth it. It's come out on consoles next week.

Finally got the Junkrat Jester skin last night. Tits!