PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft: Legion

Pages : [1] 2

Heisenberg
12-10-2014, 01:52 PM
http://www.mmo-central.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/WarcraftLegionLogo.jpg

The alpha is out, we move on from WoD, get ready to hype a return to Azeroth, play a few months and then resume our lives.

Old stuffComing back after hiatus like myself and others?

Hearth back here when you want to discuss anything and everything WoW, past, present, forever.

I swear to you that I will cave your skull in if you don't think Wool Cloth is worth anything, it means the world to some.

***Vintage Raid runs coming in the future/Alliance side***

http://i.imgur.com/ubpJcmB.png

road doggy dogg
12-10-2014, 02:01 PM
The expansion has been a visual delight and the music is tremendous. Atmospherically it is their best work they've ever done IMO. The questing process is very engaging, the dungeons are fun, and the initial garrison aspect is incredibly engaging.

I feel that they tried to force too much with the garrisons though. It feels like instead of AFKing in Stormwind/Org all day, you just AFK in your garrison with all your amenities, refreshing follower missions and work orders as need be.

Between the garrison and the insistent focus on instanced and phased questing/dungeons, the game is feeling more single-player than MMO to me IMO. There's less going out into the world and engaging with other players, and more selfish-type play of being a recluse. Especially with the toxic attitudes of the type of players who queue up in LFR and LFD. Cross-realm has killed the community feel of servers.

That's all the downside stuff. If you have a solid group to play with, that is all entirely irrelevant and the game is a blast.

I am currently on a server with 3 RL friends and we occasionally do crap. Nothing large-scale though. Feeling kind of empty when I log on. Maybe I'll quest with you a bit and we can be a fearless duo who brings wrath upon our foes.

road doggy dogg
12-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Haven't done any LFR yet, may try it out tonight. My ilvl is only about 626 or so, I don't even know if that's high enough to get in. I've heard this tier is a joke on LFR, moreso than usual, so hopefully won't be too stressful.

Eventually would like to do some Normal difficulty pugs. Highly doubt I will ever do a Heroic or Mythic raid unless I rejoin a guild or something (something that sounds so dreadful to do at this point in my life)

Heisenberg
12-10-2014, 02:15 PM
I'm remembering stuff that I forgot after a 2 year abscence like transmog and airdropping into Orgrimmar as a Human Mage. I'll probably get an hour or two in tonight.

road doggy dogg
12-10-2014, 02:18 PM
They trimmed down a lot of stuff in this expansion. Abilities have been pruned to be less overwhelming. Transmog is still in but they got rid of reforging. Also got rid of Hit and Expertise and Dodge and Parry and some other stats.

The design intent was to make gear more "pick up and go" instead of having to reforge everything to make sure you're exactly hit-capped and not "wasting" item budget etc. I get that, but definitely feels almost too simplified. Very Diablo-esque loot feel. Sockets are much rarer now too.

The Destroyer
12-10-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm confused by the timelines in the early part of the game. Ogrimmar has Vol'jin as Warchief, but all the early quests still seem to have Garrosh as Warchief and seems very post-WotLK. Struggling to get to grips how it's going to work when I get onto the Northrend content, where presumably Arthas will still be Lich King, even though at the start of the game he's been beaten already?

drave
12-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Thought that many instances of the game were phased now, maybe they have it work as such?

road doggy dogg
12-10-2014, 04:06 PM
The short answer is, yeah it's fucked but they didn't have time to redo the Outland and Northrend zones when they revamped 1-60.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2010/nov/30/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-interview

Specifically:

Any plans for Outland and Northrend (zones created in the previous two expansions)?

We have started to talk about what we need to do because there's currently no congruity between the story that we are telling in Cataclysm and the one in Outland. It feels a little weird to have the whole "Deathwing is back and has destroyed the world" and then you walk into Outland and you're like "Hey! There's this guy, Illidan". We don't exactly know how we're going to tackle that yet, but we definitely want to find a solution.

The Destroyer
12-10-2014, 04:26 PM
I'll just imagine myself jumping into a TARDIS before I get onto the BC content then.

drave
12-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Kinda feel the time altering storyline for WoD was just a cash grab at another expansion. None of it makes any sense with what has already transpired. Though I guess, 99% of players don't know or care :)

road doggy dogg
12-10-2014, 05:29 PM
It really was a not-so-subtle way to try to bring back the core demographic that made previous expansions so successful.

Basically "WE'RE SORRY ABOUT GODDAMN PANDAS! HEY LOOK, HERE'S SOME NAMES YOU MIGHT RECOGNIZE FROM WARCRAFT 2!!!"

Heisenberg
12-10-2014, 11:23 PM
Well shit, Moonguard server is still an erotic RP place in Goldshire, gotta give credit to the pervs sticking it out all these years. Walked into a room that had a Tauren costumed Nelf male Druid sitting on a Human Mage's face and said Human male Mage getting fucked by a Nelf hunter chick

Nark Order
12-11-2014, 12:21 AM
School ends in a week. It will then be time for me to return.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 05:12 AM
I lol'd at the Moon Guard snapchat

The Destroyer
12-11-2014, 05:45 AM
Well shit, Moonguard server is still an erotic RP place in Goldshire, gotta give credit to the pervs sticking it out all these years. Walked into a room that had a Tauren costumed Nelf male Druid sitting on a Human Mage's face and said Human male Mage getting fucked by a Nelf hunter chick
Whatever makes their sub worth their while, I suppose.

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 08:47 AM
have you been there?

Got 2 of my 90s to their garrisons last night.

drave
12-11-2014, 08:54 AM
What is "the garrison"? Is it the host of all the dailys?

Haven't read and CBA to search :shifty:

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Basically yeah. Part of the questline in Draenor is establishing your own base of command. You build it up and it's essentially your own mini-Stormwind.

drave
12-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Ah, kinda nifty. Sounds like a helluva new time sink.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 09:02 AM
It is. And it's a fun thing to work on, but it really goes a long way in making you feel secluded from the rest of the world. You have your own private area that requires no interaction with fellow players. Kinda dumb design idea IMO. But it's fun.

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 09:04 AM
I broke ground on two of them last night, one on my original server and one on RDD's server. I heard you can earn stuff even when not playing so why not get them both started all parallel like.

Paladin and Mage, love to pvp with both of them. I'll bring up the others once I get more time.

Wife was really cool last night, I feel like I have to earn my playtime, but it ain't like that. That's just my mindset. Plus, work tires me the hell out and I got to sleep at midnight, nerfed from my usual times of 2-3a.m.

drave
12-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Get your casuals out of my WoW!

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 09:10 AM
I've yet to really PVP much in WoD. Want to get the mad heals going on... can't be bothered doing anything else

The Destroyer
12-11-2014, 09:11 AM
Feel like it's going to be forever til I get to Garrisons. Only just got to level 50.

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 09:13 AM
I logged on to all my characters last night and some of them were level 86 with 4xp away from 87. It was weird, been trying to find the reason behind it, but I'll take the extra xp nonetheless

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 09:27 AM
I did my daily dungeon last night and nobody in the group said a single word all run. I even extended the olive branch at the end with a tee hee "nice clean run guys, cheers :)" and was no-sold. Chinese sons of bitches.

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 09:30 AM
I'll get my Pally up to 100 and run dungeons with you, no one should have to do that alone.

My goals are to get that pally and my Mage to 100. It'll give me room to play with everyone I want to play with

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 09:32 AM
I don't mind running solo on my shaman since I just heal and my ilvl is high enough now where I can essentially carry bad groups to victory. But defs looking forward to running with my stablemate

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Warlord of Draining your free time.

drave
12-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Better than Power Rangers :shifty:

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Non sequitur. There is no Power Rangers MMORPG...hmmm....yet

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 10:58 AM
here we fuckin go

drave
12-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Non sequitur. There is no Power Rangers MMORPG...hmmm....yet

Was referring to the "free time drain" you twit.

No more benefit of the doubt, it is clear that there is something mentally missing within your thought process.

Anyhoo, back to the WoW Talk:

Other than looking nifty, are there any perks of garrisons?

drave
12-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Nvm on the garrisons, I just wowheaded that shit.

The whole process and sheer amount of stuff to do seems overwhelming.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 11:52 AM
It is a lot to take in at the start. Once you get your bearings with it it's not so bad. Once a day I'll pick my herbs and mine my ores and do my daily pet battle. If the daily pet battle is an easy one that can be done quickly I'll stick around and train some low-level pets on it (I'm addicted to WoW Pokemons). Usually send my followers on a slew of missions, trying to get a bunch of max-level ones etc. Check work orders and send more out of need be. Go to my inn and grab any daily quests to run.

All in all, "Garrison maintenance" doesn't take more than 10-15 minutes a day. Still feels like a chore, though.

The Destroyer
12-11-2014, 11:57 AM
How do you get started with the pet battling stuff anyway? Never seem to be able to interact with any of the pet tamers I run across.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 12:00 PM
You can't do anything with the tamers until you do the "starter quest"; actually, you may not be able to battle at all until you start it (not sure).

For Alliance, there's a chick in Stormwind right near where the Cataclysm portals are. There will be a quest marker on the minimap to find her.

I'm assuming similar NPC exists in Orgrimmar as well.

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Nvm on the garrisons, I just wowheaded that shit.

The whole process and sheer amount of stuff to do seems overwhelming.

feel free to paste that stuff in here, WoWhead is not available in my lands. Hence, we bring any and all data to this thread in text form

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 12:37 PM
RDD, the cooldowns on profs discussion yesterday, you're talking about big ticket items and all, I remember those now, I was wondering if it was lucrative to sell low level ores/cloths though. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon, so much stuff in game to do and relearn, wow

drave
12-11-2014, 12:42 PM
feel free to paste that stuff in here, WoWhead is not available in my lands. Hence, we bring any and all data to this thread in text form

Breaks it down by category..... what'chu need mayne?

Hubs
Guides
Builds
Followers
Quests
Missions
Work ORders Calculators

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 12:46 PM
shit I don't know right now, I'm on Day 0 of garrison stuff, I just laid the flag down and saw it rise, logged off. I don't know what entails after that.

It's a good sense of overload I'm feeling. I have so much to read up on.

Well, I do like knowing what trend ppl are using to level the fastest. Like if they are straight questing, PVP or dungeoning

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 01:11 PM
I think questing is the fastest pure way of leveling, but as always with this kind of thing, whatever "feels" shorter to you will be best. If you hate questing and it takes 10 hours to level, but love PVP and can level doing that in 20 hours, you'll probably be way better off doing the PVP route.

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I love all routes to leveling, that's the thing, teehee.

I just know I'm behind and don't have much time to work with, but I want to be able to have a toon to run dungeons with when time is alotted to me.

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 01:15 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/10857719_193266734177050_246030275715240058_n.png?oh=f99f15d388f1e012830816fb2046e630&oe=54FAE7E0&__gda__=1426064743_2911684c96fa9da39e4ff88295a6f496

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 01:17 PM
I don't like the feeling of being rushed. I always play at my own pace. Even when Warlords launched, I didn't hit 100 for like 4-5 days 'cause I was actually reading quest dialog etc. The game isn't going anywhere, no reason to feel like you're being left behind.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 01:17 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/10857719_193266734177050_246030275715240058_n.png?oh=f99f15d388f1e012830816fb2046e630&oe=54FAE7E0&__gda__=1426064743_2911684c96fa9da39e4ff88295a6f496

is he going to crash

Heisenberg
12-11-2014, 01:18 PM
I think it's symoblizing him leaving Stormwind w/o a browser or something, maybe Stormwind kicked him out? Stormwind

The Destroyer
12-11-2014, 01:27 PM
I want to be able fly already. Getting sick of relying on Wind Riders. :(

Roll on level 60. Or 65, whichever.

drave
12-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Garrison Info. Wall of text incoming (and I didn't bother with reformatting DEAL WITH IT)

Garrison Leveling Info
Garrison plots expand as you develop them over time. They open up more plots, allowing you to build more buildings.

Level 1: One small and one large plot. You get your Level 1 Garrison just by doing initial questing.

Level 2: Two small, one medium, one large, Level 1 Herb Garden, Level 1 Fishing Shack, Level 1 Lunarfall Excavation / Frostwall Mines also unlocked. You can upgrade your Garrison to Level 2 at 92 or earlier on completion of the questlines culminating Bigger is Better/ Bigger is Better. Visit Quick Facts on those quest pages for a list of related quests. Upgrade costs 200. This automatically teaches you all of the Level 1 blueprints--small, medium, and large.

Level 3: Three small, two medium, two large. You can upgrade your Garrison to level 3 at 100 for 2000 and 5,000.

Basic Building Info

Costs
Small: Level 1 is 50 and 150, Level 2 is 100 and 300, Level 3 is 300 and 500
Medium: Level 1 is 100 and 150, Level 2 is 300 and 300, Level 3 is 600 and 500
Large: Level 1 is 150 and 150, Level 2 is 900 and 300, Level 3 is 1200 and 500
Other: Level 2 is 50 and 300, Level 3 is 100 and 500

Plans
As you level up, you can unlock Garrison blueprints in creative ways.

Level 1 blueprints all become available to you when your Garrison reaches Tier 2. The Salvage Yard is an exception, that takes a short quest at 96.

Level 2 blueprints become available at different times depending on their size:
Small buildings: Reach level 96 or complete the Talador Outpost quests.
Medium buildings: Reach level 98 or complete the Spires of Arak Outpost quests.

Large buildings: Reach level 100 or complete the Nagrand Outpost quests.
Level 3 blueprints become available as you complete certain achievements across Draenor.
Level 3 blueprints are account-wide. Once you unlock one on a character, it’s available to all characters on your account.

Special buildings can be learnt at different levels after a short quest. These buildings can be put on a level 2 Garrison: Mine at 92, Fishing Shack at 94, and Herb Garden at 96. The Menagerie can be placed on a level 3 Garrison. The level 2 versions of these blueprints can be purchased for 1,000 and the Level 3 versions require you to be level 100 and complete a special achievement. Level 3 blueprints also cost 1,000.

To replace Garrison Buildings, simply go to the Architect's Table, and drag a new building onto an occupied slot.
Dungeons and raiding
Dwarven Bunker / War Mill - Large
At level three, the Dwarven Bunker / War Mill grants 1 of your 3 seals of tempered fate (raid bonus loot roll) at no cost each week.
You can also get some crafted gear for raiding, as well as generally supporting your garrison, all of which contribute to raiding and gearing, listed in the building categories below.

Inn / Tavern - Medium
At level 1, you get a daily quest for a dungeon that has cool gear or vanity rewards. Level 2 allows you to recruit a follower from the Inn each week, and you can specify the traits and abilities you want. Level 3 unlocks the particularly lucrative treasure hunter missions.
Professions and Crafting
Barn - Medium
At level one, the Barn allows you to capture wild animal mobs for for leather and fur. Used for leatherworking and tailoring recipes. Level 2 lets you capture boars and riverbeasts for rare meats used to create the most powerful food. Level 3 allows you to capture elite beasts to harvest for savage blood, used in all epic crafted armor and weapons.

Tailoring Emporium - Small
Allows tailors and non-tailors to craft cloth items at Level 1. Level 2 allows you to assign a follower with the Tailoring trait to work there, which grants an npc that can craft things like Battle Standards. Level 3 allows 21 work orders at one time and the ability to craft 640 ilvl gear for non-Tailors.

Scribe's Quarters - Small
Allows scribes and non-scribes to craft inscription items at Level 1. Level 2 allows you to assign a follower with the inscription trait to work there, which grants access to a daily quest for gold and food. Level 3 allows 21 work orders at one time and the ability to craft 630 ilvl weapons if you are not a Scribe.

The Tannery - Small
Allows leatherworkers and non-leatherworkers to craft leather and mail armor at Level 1. Level 2 allows you to assign a follower with the leatherworking trait to work there, who can craft various BoA Leatherworking tents that give buffs. Level 3 allows 21 work orders at one time and the ability to craft 640 ilvl gear if you are not a Leatherworker.

The Forge - Small
Allows blacksmiths and non-blacksmiths to craft armor at Level 1. Level 2 allows you to assign a follower with the blacksmithing trait to work there, which grants a bonus in combat, and non-Blacksmiths can craft weapons. Level 3 allows 21 work orders at one time the ability to craft 640 ilvl gear.

Enchanter's Study - Small
The Enchanter's Study allows non-enchanters to create some enchants as well as disenchant Draenor items. At level 2, allows followers with the Enchanting trait to work here, granting the ability to create Illusions which change the appearance of your weapon enchants. Also allows up to 14 work orders at one time. At level 3, allows up to 21 work orders at one time and more enchants if you are not an Enchanter.

Engineering Works -Small
The Engineering Works produces a host of useful gizmos and parts for the intrepid tinkerer, and also creates wondrous mechanical devices. Level 2 allows followers with the Engineering trait to work here, who sells unique items and recipes. Also allows up to 14 work orders at one time, and level 3 allows up to 21 work orders at one time.

Fishing Shack
Level one allows small Draenor fish to be caught in garrison waters and provides access to daily Fishing quests. Level two allows medium Draenor fish to be caught in garrison waters. Level three allows enormous Draenor fish to be caught in garrison waters. Also grants you a chance to catch a unique fish that can be used to lure mysterious creatures onto the shore.

Gem Boutique - Small
Allows the production of jewelcrafting items by any character and work orders. Level 2 allows followers with the Jewelcrafting trait to work here, granting access to a daily which grants gold. Also allows up to 14 work orders at one time, and non-Jewelcrafters can craft basic gems. Level three allows up to 21 work orders at one time and the ability to craft the ability to craft 640 ilvl jewelry if you are not a Jewelcrafter.

Alchemy Lab - Small
Allows the production of Alchemy items and work orders. Level 2 allows followers with the Alchemy trait to work here, which gives you access to a daily quest for free potions. Also allows up to 14 work orders at one time. Level three allows up to 21 work orders at one time and non-Alchemists can make basic Draenor flasks.

Herb Garden
Requires Level 96 and Clearing the Garden. Grows Draenic Seeds into herbs each day and herbalism nodes are available in the garden. Level 2 allows followers with the Herbalism trait to work here, granting a unique bonus. Also increases the amount of herbs that can be harvested at the garden and allows up to 14 work orders at one time. Level 3 allows you to grow a unique Draenor fruit tree in your garden that grants food buffs. Also allows up to 21 work orders at one time.

Lunarfall Excavation / Frostwall Mines
Allows players to mine Draenic Stone from mineral nodes in Draenor. Draenic Stone can be converted to work orders for Draenor minerals.Level 2 allows followers with the Mining trait to work here, granting a unique bonus. Also opens a new mineshaft, granting access to additional mining nodes and allows up to 14 work orders at one time. Level 3 adds a final mineshaft allowing access to rich mining nodes. In addition, garrison guards will patrol your mine, keeping it clear of hostile goren. Also allows up to 21 work orders at one time.

Trading Post - Medium
Allows the trade of crafting reagents for garrison resources and vice versa. A great source of profession materials. At level 2, you can enable auction house acccess at your trading post.
Utility and Leveling
The L1 Dwarven Bunker / War Mill doubles the chance for your quest rewards to get a rare or epic Bonus Upgrade, and increases the potency of the upgrade. Allows the collection of armor scraps from the orc clans of Draenor for armor transmogrification use. At level 2 it opens up work orders for follower weapons and armor in exchange for garrison resources. Also, new armor transmogrification items unlock.

Storehouse - Small
The Storehouse gives you access to your personal bank at Level 1, as well as increasing the number of available work orders at other buildings. Level 2 enables access to your Guild Bank and Level 3 gives you access to Transmog and Void Storage NPCs and another increase to work orders.

Lumber Mill - Medium
Allows you to mark small trees in Draenor for harvest. Harvested Timber can be converted to work orders for garrison supplies.. Level 2 allows you to mark medium trees for additional Timber, and level 3 grants access to large trees.

Barracks - Large
Unlocks patrol missions. Patrol missions have higher than normal follower experience rewards. Level 2 allows a follower with the bodyguard trait to accompany you as a guardian in Draenor zones. Level 3 increases your follower limit by 5 and grants access to racial guards and banners.

Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge - Large
Allows the collection of ogre waystones from Ogres on Draenor. These waystones can be used to power an Ogre Waygate of your choice on Draenor. Also occasionally triggers Runes of Power during combat. Levels 2 and 3 unlock additional waygates permitting portal travel around Draenor.

Salvage Yard - Small
Allows Salvage to be occasionally recovered from missions, including ilvl 665 BoEs. Level 2 increases your chance at recovering Salvage from missions. In addition, you may now discover follower items in Salvage. Level 3 greatly increases your chance at recovering Salvage from missions. In addition, you may now discover transmog items Salvage.
Collecting and Fun!
Gladiator's Sanctum - Medium
Level 1 increases your out-of-combat regeneration in outdoor Draenor zones and allows the collection of broken bones from defeated enemy players (used for Conqueror's Tribute). Level 2 enables safe fall and underwater breathing in outdoor Draenor zones. Also enables the Nemesis quest series for defeating enemy players of specific races. Level 3 adds a buff where while below 35% life, all damage taken is reduced by 50% in outdoor Draenor zones. Grants access to the Highmaul Coliseum gladiator tournament.

Gnomish/Goblin Gearworks - Large
Unlocks a personal engineer that creates a powerful invention each day. Exceptional work! Higher levels require Outposts or L100. At Level 2 your engineer gains access to five new and amazing devices, and at level 3 you can create a siege vehicle once per day. Drive it to victory in Draenor!

Pet Menagerie
Level 1 attracts elite pets you can battle for rewards. Also lets 5 of your battle pets hang out in your garrison. Level 2 increases your trap chance and reduces the cooldown of Revive Battle Pets while in Draenor. Up to 10 of your pets can now hang out in your garrison. Level 3 unlocks a pet battle daily with unique pet rewards.

Stables - Large
The Stables offers several dailies each day related to all the different beasts found in Draenor. Completing all these dailies for a period of time will eventually reward many different mounts! In addition, it allows you to remain mounted while interacting with outdoor objects in the world and increases your mount speed in Draenor by 20%. Also, you will no longer get dazed by enemies while riding mounts in outdoor Draenor zones.
Followers and Missions
Salvage Yard - Small
Allows Salvage to be occasionally recovered from missions. Level 2 increases your chance at recovering Salvage from missions. In addition, you may now discover follower items in Salvage. Level 3 greatly increases your chance at recovering Salvage from missions.

The L1 Dwarven Bunker / War Mill doubles the chance for your quest rewards to get a rare or epic Bonus Upgrade, and increases the potency of the upgrade. Allows the collection of armor scraps from the orc clans of Draenor for armor transmogrification use. At level 2 it opens up work orders for follower weapons and armor in exchange for garrison resources. Also, new armor transmogrification items unlock.

Barracks - Large
Unlocks patrol missions. Patrol missions have higher than normal follower experience rewards. Level 2 allows a follower with the bodyguard trait to accompany you as a guardian in Draenor zones. Level 3 increases your follower limit by 5 and grants access to racial guards and banners.

Inn / Tavern - Medium
At level 1, you get a daily quest for a dungeon that has cool gear or vanity rewards. Level 2 allows you to recruit a follower from the Inn / Tavern each week, and you can specify the traits and abilities you want. Level 3 unlocks the particularly lucrative treasure hunter missions.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 01:33 PM
My recommendations:

Keep the bunker they give you at the start.

Build whatever profession building for your first Small Plot.

Build Lumber Mill for your first Medium Plot as garrison resources tend to be a bit scarce at the start.

Build more crap as you want.

Build mine / herb garden / fishing shack / pet menagerie as able

Once you get the Town Hall to rank 3 you can move shit as you see fit. I highly recommend going Lumber Mill ASAP though to get resources coming in steadily to start. I didn't do this and really wish I did.

drave
12-11-2014, 01:37 PM
It's almost like their thinking was in line with:

"Yo dawg, I herd you like Warcraft, so I put some Warcraft in your World of Warcraft so you can Warcraft in your world"

Just with the micro-managing, building type and names and what they do, resource gathering/generation, etc.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 01:37 PM
I want to be able fly already. Getting sick of relying on Wind Riders. :(

Roll on level 60. Or 65, whichever.

Flying mounts are so good. I understand their rationale for not including them in Draenor, and it is indeed quite fun without them, but after a point of having explored to a certain extent I just wanna fly about.

Still remember when they first added flying in BC, when I was in the original SMV and first got my flying mount. Legitimate feeling of joy first time I took flight. Felt like a whole new game.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 01:38 PM
It's almost like their thinking was in line with:

"Yo dawg, I herd you like Warcraft, so I put some Warcraft in your World of Warcraft so you can Warcraft in your world"

Just with the micro-managing, building type and names and what they do, resource gathering/generation, etc.

Garrisons largely do feel like a F2P type minigame. It definitely has a cheapened feel to it IMO. I would only really be half-surprised if they started doing microtransactions for garrison stuff.

drave
12-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Flying mounts are so good. I understand their rationale for not including them in Draenor, and it is indeed quite fun without them, but after a point of having explored to a certain extent I just wanna fly about.

Still remember when they first added flying in BC, when I was in the original SMV and first got my flying mount. Legitimate feeling of joy first time I took flight. Felt like a whole new game.

I remember grinding my ass of for the Drakes in BC and feeling amazing when I had both it and epic flying skill (I think was 5k gold which was a LOT at that time).

Grinded leathers for about a week straight of 8-10 + hour sessions.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 01:42 PM
It was definitely a grind. It's funny how people complain about the "grindy" nature of some aspects of the game today. Vanilla was the woooooooorst grindfest. Timbermaw, Wintersabers, hell ANY of the reputation grinds were absolute monsters.

drave
12-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Definitely more pickup and play friendly now. Still prefer to have a minimum of 2 hours at a time for that game to really feel like I "accomplished" anything.

Unless I was on my Tank - LFG/LFR was pretty much instant and I could get shit done in a hurry.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 01:47 PM
There's pros and cons to it. It's definitely way less immersive now and there is zero semblance of community anymore. A lot of my original guildmates I'm still really good friends with, and I simply could not see myself forming those kinds of friendships in the current game environment.

At the same time, I don't have as much time to play as I did back when I was 16 or whatever. So the ability to log in and hop right into a pickup raid is certainly welcomed. Take the good with the bad I guess.

The Destroyer
12-11-2014, 02:33 PM
I am all set to WoW cockfight now. Can see this derailing my levelling. :(

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 02:35 PM
Over the past year I have spent arguably 80% of my ingame time doing pet battles. It's a watered-down version of Pokemon but has just enough depth that it's surprisingly fun.

The Destroyer
12-11-2014, 02:45 PM
I can't help but feel I'm cheating somewhat since I'm starting with the Molten Corgi and the pet I got when I bought WoD.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Considering there's over 700 pets in-game, a little headstart is okay lol

The Destroyer
12-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Gotta catch 'em all, eh?

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Some are impossible to get though. I think there's 693 that are realistically possible to get. Some other ones were like promotional pets in China and crap.

Even then, a few of those are BlizzCon ones and stuff so the only way to get them is to buy/trade them from someone. Can get pricey.

Even with my stupid WoW Pokemon addiction I only have something like 421 unique pets. A bunch of missing ones.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 03:06 PM
oh nevermind, just updated my warcraftpets.com profile, up to 466 unique pets :cool:

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 03:07 PM
http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Tonavin/

dongs dongs dongs

The Destroyer
12-11-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm already up to 10. :'(

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Nice. Try to keep a Beast pet leveled up pretty decently as you go, makes capturing/defeating the tons and tons of Critter pets you come across much easier. A cat-type Beast is best IMO, Devour gives you lots of staying power in fights

road doggy dogg
12-11-2014, 03:52 PM
I think you actually get a fair amount of XP for completing pet battles as well, so there's that, too. It's not entirely a waste of time. I think when I was 90/91 I was getting like 10k XP for a pet battle win.

The Destroyer
12-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Some of the older pet models look absolutely fucking grotesque.

http://media.blizzard.com/wow/renders/npcs/zoom/creature14421.jpg

drave
12-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Polygon butt gopher will pwn j0o

Heisenberg
12-12-2014, 02:25 PM
RDD, can my mage from Burning Blade group up with your Shammy in LB?

No harm, no foul cause the Pally on LB will rise, just wondering. I'm an altoholic

road doggy dogg
12-12-2014, 02:39 PM
I think if you're grouped up you can pretty much party with anyone. Could be mistaken though. We can try it out tonight.

Wehttam
12-12-2014, 02:48 PM
Some are impossible to get though. I think there's 693 that are realistically possible to get. Some other ones were like promotional pets in China and crap.

Even then, a few of those are BlizzCon ones and stuff so the only way to get them is to buy/trade them from someone. Can get pricey.

Even with my stupid WoW Pokemon addiction I only have something like 421 unique pets. A bunch of missing ones.yea, directv or some shit was giving away pet cards ('grunty the murlock' i think) if you ordered blizzcon. ordered it at 3 different places then made a little bank when i remembered about them 3 years later. $250 a pop.

road doggy dogg
12-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Damn really? Nice. I didn't think they'd go that high, but thinking about it further it's not terribly surprising.

road doggy dogg
12-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Shaman
General
Ghost Wolf modified by Glyph of Ghostly Speed no longer provides a movement speed increase while indoors.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wehttam
12-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Damn really? Nice. I didn't think they'd go that high, but thinking about it further it's not terribly surprising.

yea it was legit as fuck. wish i could do it again. doubt they offer anything like that now that 'streaming' has become the thang.

The Destroyer
12-12-2014, 02:57 PM
Shaman
General
Ghost Wolf modified by Glyph of Ghostly Speed no longer provides a movement speed increase while indoors.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah my Marksmanship Hunter got nerfed the other day too. Flipside is that it looks like my Arcane Mage got buffed, but still annoying.

Heisenberg
12-12-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm questing as Arcane, but I miss f'ing ppl up as Fire/Ice, I might have some time to change it up.

road doggy dogg
12-12-2014, 04:00 PM
AP POM Pyro spec was most fun thing in entire game back in Vanilla. RIP fun

Heisenberg
12-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Fire Mage is so dangerous. I PVP as Frost though cause I do damage by keeping ppl frozen and letting my stable partner f them up

road doggy dogg
12-12-2014, 04:05 PM
I miss PvPing on my mage. I remember dueling outside IF constantly to try to learn the moves of the other classes. I was very good at messing up Rogues, and obviously Warriors because that was the most one-sided fight ever.

The Destroyer
12-12-2014, 04:10 PM
I should really get around to dual speccing. But I'm currently too distracted by about fifteen other things.

road doggy dogg
12-12-2014, 04:36 PM
The stupid Shaman change is pissing me off. Such a small quality-of-life thing.

I wonder how viable BGs are for leveling low-level dudes is. Would be cool to level a guy from 10 (or 15, w/e the level is to unlock BGs) to 90 or 100 just PvPing

The Destroyer
12-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Hooray, I can fly.

Shame it cleaned out most of my gold, but ah well.

road doggy dogg
12-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Just did LFR tonight. Holy hell it is more mind-numbing than ever before.

drave
12-16-2014, 05:57 AM
As in you could have been doing other stuff while healing?

road doggy dogg
12-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Pretty much. They've basically stripped out all of the mechanics and it's little more than a true tank'n'spank.

My hope is that since it was just the first wing of the raid, it is intentionally tuned to be super easy. I think the 2nd wing of Highmaul LFR unlocks this week (today) so we'll see if it's any better.

Like during Brackenspore there's these mushrooms I was healing and I honestly don't know if it provided us any benefit at all. Could've probably just ignored them altogether.

Not sure if I want to attempt to pug Normal difficulty yet. Still very apprehensive about trying a real raid with the morons that play this game. Hate the community, it's absolutely abysmal now. Funny, my buddies and I transferred off my old server and now my old guild is somewhat active and raiding again. Although, all the core members that I enjoyed playing with don't really play anymore, and the guys that ARE active are a lot of the fringe members I can't really stand, so no real loss. I am still Officer rank there on my Paladin though, hope they throw some BoE crap in gbank that I can borrow wooohoo

Heisenberg
12-16-2014, 08:42 AM
Completed Shadowmoon Valley last night and in the jungle now, new Netherstorm

PVP'ed and quested as Frost, very niiice. You can be beneficial by keeping ppl frozen and that's the tits. Blizzard is a good AOE spell as opposed to arcane blast

drave
12-16-2014, 08:44 AM
That is very sad that raids are more tank and spank than anything :(

Keep the pleebs happy I guess.

road doggy dogg
12-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Nice. Did some PVP last night as well to get some honor for my weekly seal. Still hate that WotLK BG with the doors and crap. I like the Temple of Kotmagu (or whatever). I tried playing Enhance in BGs and was absolutely useless. I'll stick to Resto where I can actually make a discernible difference.

road doggy dogg
12-16-2014, 08:46 AM
That is very sad that raids are more tank and spank than anything :(

Keep the pleebs happy I guess.

Mind you this is just the LFR difficulty, which is difficult to even really classify as a raid. It's colloquially known as "tourist mode" which is a pretty apt description. It's basically in place for people to see the content which is a good move IMO; why spend so much resources developing content that only 10% of the player base (arbitrary number) will see?

Supposedly Normal difficulty (and then the ensuing Heroic, and then Mythic on top) is a pretty big jump in difficulty.

Heisenberg
12-16-2014, 08:46 AM
My 87 priest is going to get some BG loving this Sunday I believe. I'm a PVP'er at heart. I can't stand elite ppl in raids, I'll do the casual raid here and there, but a few rotten apples ruined the experience for me. I always wanted to have fun and was punished for it

road doggy dogg
12-16-2014, 08:47 AM
LFR is good for that, it's very forgiving on a lot of mechanics, and most people are simply there for a couple loot upgrades so even if you do sub-par DPS or whatever nobody will really get overly agitated

Heisenberg
12-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Now getting a healer to 100 is a priority if we want to PVP. I'm better as a healer than I am at damage or we can both heal each other and be decoys

road doggy dogg
12-16-2014, 08:50 AM
My buddy plays a Rogue so last night I was just a pocket healer for him as he sliced and/or diced people up. Our group of 4 in the one BG, the final statline was me and our other healer lead in Healing Done, I was 1-0-60 (KB-death-HK) and she was 2-0-60, and our rogue was like 28-4-20 and our monk was like 13-2-30 or something. Did pretty hot. Did not die :cool:

Heisenberg
12-16-2014, 08:54 AM
sorry I didn't hit you up, I am trying to quest to 100 and probably half a lvl to a full plus garrison maint

road doggy dogg
12-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Nah dogg, do your thang. I cherished my leveling experience on my Shaman, I implore you to do the same.

Heisenberg
12-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Retiring the laptop I used in Wrath/Cata. WoD is too harsh on it. Need to start shopping for a viable mobile rig to game on the go

Desktop is 6-7 years old and is due for an upgrade too, just don't want to get something that will be slashed in price. Waiting for sales

road doggy dogg
12-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Waiting for Christmas break because all my HTPC parts are arriving at my uncle's (shipping to US way cheaper than Canada)... picked up an extra 120gb SSD for my desktop as well (for less than $50 holla) Hoping that putting a SSD in my desktop will improve my performance a bit. Will probably try to upgrade my video card sometime in 2015 as well. Can probably get a decent upgrade for around the $100 price range or so. Forget what exact card I have now, but it's a Radeon HD ...something... 5770? maybe. Dunno. So many numbers.

How much are you looking to spend? I've always found laptops to be kinda crappy for gaming because of their onboard video

drave
12-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Damn nice deal on the SSD for sure. You will see a noticeable improvement, no question.

re: WoWraidsLoL

It is definitely encouraging that they have a mode for the majority to see. I always wanted to see Black Temple back in BC but never had the group for it at the time. Loved the shit out of the Kael Thas fight though, probably still one of the best in the game.

Thank you for describing the community to me, it reinforces why I do not wish to renew :)

road doggy dogg
12-16-2014, 09:46 AM
It's a growing (concerning) trend with online communities in general. People are just asshats anywhere. TPWW is actually kind of unique in the sense that we've mostly avoided the cynical dickheaded trollness of most of the scum that is the internet. Can't stand anything about anyone online anymore and reading people talk behind the veil of anonymity makes me want to kill myself.

drave
12-16-2014, 10:36 AM
It's because GAMES R SERIOUS BUSINESS damnit!

Really though, do you think it is that way because of a "younger" perhaps entitled-feeling generation is the majority of the online community now? I have noticed a surge of this sort of behavior over the past 5-6ish years ESPECIALLY pertaining to online gaming/youtube/social media.

Bet if online anonymity ever goes away the internet will settle down. JUST KIDDING, people will still find a way to spoof ID's and then "IRL Identities" of users will become corrupted/abused/faked and cause more harm than ever.

drave
12-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Actually, don't spoil the WoW talk with stupid serious gaming talk, it just isn't necessary.

I'm showing myself out now.

Heisenberg
12-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Waiting for Christmas break because all my HTPC parts are arriving at my uncle's (shipping to US way cheaper than Canada)... picked up an extra 120gb SSD for my desktop as well (for less than $50 holla) Hoping that putting a SSD in my desktop will improve my performance a bit. Will probably try to upgrade my video card sometime in 2015 as well. Can probably get a decent upgrade for around the $100 price range or so. Forget what exact card I have now, but it's a Radeon HD ...something... 5770? maybe. Dunno. So many numbers.

How much are you looking to spend? I've always found laptops to be kinda crappy for gaming because of their onboard video

well, I'm looking to put some money down on the Alienware console or Steam Box, that'll be round 500-600 unless I find a real cheap laptop that is capable of running WoW on fair/good graphics. The laptop has to be one that is sold for real low due to needing money. I need a steal so it's not going to disappoint me when a new version of hardware comes out

road doggy dogg
12-16-2014, 11:42 AM
If you're looking for value, Alienware probably isn't your best bet. I find them to be overpriced.

drave
12-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Steam Boxes and Alienware are going to gape your anal cavities on price for sure.

Best bet is to piece a system together, piece by piece. You will save $$$ by cutting out a lot of bullshit software bundles.

Newegg has an awesome series on the YouTube on best practices for doing this.

road doggy dogg
12-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Never tried this but leveling through PvP pet battles is pretty hilarious. You get 10k XP for a win, and queue time is like 20 seconds on average. Not too hard to win most of the time if you have a pretty OP lineup. Gonna level my Paladin and all other alts this way I think

Dark-Slicer Diago
12-17-2014, 09:01 AM
I love my Paladin though it sucks I lost my Inquisition but I'm doing fine without it. I haven't got 100 yet but I might today or tomorrow since I just added some game time.

Heisenberg
12-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Going to put together a weekly ICC/other vintage raids run for transmog/memory purposes. So far I have 5-6 that would be down to do that, so the possibilities are endless. I want to collect sets once I get one toon to 100. That stuff is fun.

road doggy dogg
12-17-2014, 01:58 PM
What time you thinking of doing it?

Heisenberg
12-18-2014, 08:49 AM
We don't know. The guild is very spontaneous and the next few weeks will be spent discussing the whole thing. Obviously the shit can be done with 2 ppl so if we have 2 or more ready to rock we'll go raid some other shit and watch the damn thing grow

Heisenberg
12-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Installed curse client mods last night and forgot how useful they were until now

Dark-Slicer Diago
12-18-2014, 08:55 AM
Yeah, old school raids are super easy now, at lvl 90 my friend and I 2-man'd heroic ICC 25 with just the WoD patch.

road doggy dogg
12-18-2014, 09:00 AM
I'd be down for running old-school shit for nerd points + mount/pet drops. Teranassia, tearin' ass

Heisenberg
12-18-2014, 09:09 AM
sweet dude, I'm hurrying to 100, this weekend gives me ample time to get at least 3 levels in, damn holidays too.

The Destroyer
12-18-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm losing the will to level. Hellfire Peninsula is just so bleak and boring.

road doggy dogg
12-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Hellfire is indeed awful. What level are you at now? What class are you playing (I forget)

Heisenberg
12-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Baird, are you on EU or US?

road doggy dogg
12-18-2014, 11:00 AM
Bunch of Pets and Mounts in the Shop on sale for Christmas... 50% off

Gonna buy a bunch of $5 pokemons tonight I think

Heisenberg
12-18-2014, 11:26 AM
when I reach 100 I'm going to Talador and picking off every damn Horde I see

road doggy dogg
12-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Fuck yeah. World PvP is the breast.

Healing as Resto is nice and all but Elemental and Enhancement aren't great ganking specs. Not too jazzed to kill bitches on my Paladin either. Need to level a good PvP toon I think for World PvP ganking fun. Maybe a Rogue or some piss. Fuck yeah.

Heisenberg
12-18-2014, 11:34 AM
They will remember the day they ganked Facetor(e)

Tons of distress is coming their way

They fucked with the wrong mage

road doggy dogg
12-18-2014, 11:43 AM
wrong kid died dewey cox

The Destroyer
12-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Baird, are you on EU or US?

I'm on EU.

Running on a level 61 Tauren Marksmanship Hunter right now, although I'm still tempted to go back on my level 45-ish Arcane Mage and finish my Eastern Kingdoms levelling experience.

Heisenberg
12-18-2014, 02:59 PM
All my Horde toons our on US. I don't even know if US/EU can even lift together. It would be simple piss running your toon through dungeons if it's possible

The Destroyer
12-18-2014, 03:10 PM
I don't think it is, pretty sure they're entirely separate.

road doggy dogg
12-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Look ahead at 6.1 and/or stuff in early 2015, per MMO-Champion:

Tradable game time tokens that you can sell to other players for gold.
A legendary follower is coming to the legendary quest line.
Better flight path routing.
The long awaited heirloom tab.
Blood Elf modes and other new character model fixes.
Blackrock Foundry in February
The ability to send tweets from in game.

road doggy dogg
12-18-2014, 03:21 PM
New Ways to Play
We’re exploring the possibility of giving players a way to buy tradable game-time tokens for the purpose of exchanging them in-game with other players for gold. Our current thought on this is that it would give players a way to use their surplus gold to cover some of their subscription cost, while giving players who might have less play time an option for acquiring gold from other players through a legit and secure system. A few other online games offer a similar option, and players have suggested that they’d be interested in seeing something along those lines in WoW. We agree it could be a good fit for the game, and we look forward to any feedback you have as we continue to look into this feature.

Skeptical on this, myself.

The Destroyer
12-18-2014, 03:37 PM
I dunno, it's worked well enough on another MMO I've played (EVE Online), even if it does seem like legitimised gold selling.

drave
12-18-2014, 03:40 PM
And thus starts the beginning of the end of WoW.

Seriously reminds me of the RMAH fiasco associated with D3. People did not hunt for items, just bought. This made everyone farm gold at insane levels (Chinese farmers buying 30+ copies of a game and maxing gold find/pickup radius) and ultimately damaging the game world/community. I get that there is a RMAH in place and MMO vs ARPG are different scopes, but still.

The hacking/botting/social engineering in WoW is about to become exponentially worse.

Heisenberg
12-18-2014, 04:07 PM
paying gold for game time sounds like it rules ass

Heisenberg
12-18-2014, 04:07 PM
I'd buy a token for Xmas and give it to a Champion in need

road doggy dogg
12-18-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm curious on their conversion rate. I recently came across a couple 665 BoE items (fuck yeah Salvage Yard OP) so I'm sitting on about 80k gold right now. If it's like 20k for a month of game time that is awesome.

Ruien
12-19-2014, 08:52 AM
I am fucking shit up in my terrible guild. Boss hunter here. Love the challenge mode instances. If anyone wants to play hit me up.

Heisenberg
12-19-2014, 09:17 AM
I'm curious on their conversion rate. I recently came across a couple 665 BoE items (fuck yeah Salvage Yard OP) so I'm sitting on about 80k gold right now. If it's like 20k for a month of game time that is awesome.

Salvage Yard a part of garrison?? Not to be confused with lumber yard?

road doggy dogg
12-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Correct. It's a small-plot building, need to do a quest chain in Spires of Arak (might be different for Horde) to unlock it.

Basically gives you a chance for a bag of random items whenever you complete a follower mission

Heisenberg
12-19-2014, 09:48 AM
I didn't get time other than mining and followers yesterday, something personal went down and I had to handle some business

Heisenberg
12-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Each toon gets their own Garrison, endless garrison maintenance in my future

road doggy dogg
12-19-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm easing up on it. Want to get my nWo of epic lvl 100 followers then just make sure I do my pet battle and LW stuff. Getting rid of lumber mill soon and I don't even bother gathering ore anymore. I still gather herbs to get seeds for the 1k needed for the carrot pet then I won't even bother with that either. Spending too much time in-game lately

Heisenberg
12-19-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm going to raid ICC this weekend more than likely, I have foretold my guild about a certain dogg joining us, it was approved

road doggy dogg
12-19-2014, 12:47 PM
holla

Friday nights are my usual Dota night but I should be around in some capacity, prolly tomorrow as well unless social crap happens (unlikely)

Heisenberg
12-19-2014, 01:18 PM
I'll be hosting an event at my house tonight so don't worry. You will get an invite/info when I finish planning it

The Destroyer
12-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Finally managed to escape Hellfire Peninsula. What a barren shithole. Zangarmarsh looks much nicer.

Finally did a dungeon as well. Although it was a dungeon I was about 40 levels too high for and I did it solo. :'(

road doggy dogg
12-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Use the Dungeon Finder to do current-level ish son

drave
12-22-2014, 06:37 AM
Love the way Zangarmarsh looked. Always finished my lockpicking in that area before moving on to WOTLK boxes.

Heisenberg
12-22-2014, 08:41 AM
We tore ICC a new one last night. Might have to go up an echelon or two and see what other raids we can get achievements for

road doggy dogg
12-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Nice.

I spent most of my playtime yesterday trying to get the Snowy Owl pet in Winterspring... so fucking rare, pain in the ass. Luckily I had nothing better to do than sit and watch football and look for POKEMONS since I was nursing ridiculous hangoverness

Heisenberg
12-22-2014, 08:43 AM
the old guild was back on, packed TS. It was crazy

road doggy dogg
12-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Good shit dogg. You can easily do Cata raids, Dragon Soul is kinda cool if you haven't been running it for 14 months when it was current and are bored shitless of it. Firelands pretty awesome too

Heisenberg
12-22-2014, 08:47 AM
We are going to do Firelands soon, we wanted to finish it as a guild, we imploded during it's first iteration

road doggy dogg
12-22-2014, 08:48 AM
I was pissing myself listening to your songs on TS... mad good

Heisenberg
12-22-2014, 08:55 AM
There's another one to the tune of Brunos Mars "Grenade", it's about being a mage brah

road doggy dogg
12-22-2014, 09:09 AM
I lost my window of opportunity to make MAD BANK on some epic BoE crap. Follower Missions got me a 655 Strength cloak and 665 Mail gloves, couldn't even get 10k for either of them. So I just equipped the gloves because #yolo and whatever. Got a Puzzle Ring or some crap first week of expansion and got like 50k for it but even that felt low. Everything too high drop chance :n:

Heisenberg
12-22-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm going to be on a lot tonight dogg, are you?

road doggy dogg
12-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Should be around, yeah. Might get in some Dota but I will be around

Heisenberg
12-22-2014, 10:54 AM
funny thing happened in our TS last night, a bunch of the newer guys just play MOBAs and all the WoW guildies came back into TS and ppl are mashing with each other. There was a massive argument about politics last night and was pretty funny as hell, racism discussions with all skins present

Heisenberg
12-22-2014, 02:42 PM
wonder if our followers are tired of waiting at the garrison, I should have sent a couple out for one of those 10 hour missions. it's so Final Fantasy Tactics

road doggy dogg
12-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Blook is tearing up Qiana Moonshadow's pussy hourly

Heisenberg
12-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Khadgar is full on yelling "Champion" at me all the time, it's hard to avoid him cause he is main eventing the storyline progression, but c'mon man, I know I'm the Champion

road doggy dogg
12-22-2014, 02:59 PM
It beats the alternative of just being everyone's bitch all zone long

drave
12-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Best Christmas things - WoW version

http://kotaku.com/the-ten-best-things-in-world-of-warcraft-during-christm-1674459984

road doggy dogg
12-23-2014, 01:52 PM
I have spent approximately 20 hours already this week trying to farm this stupid Snowy Owl. I think I might need to quit WoW again.

Ruien
12-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Already bored of WoD :( Went 6/7 Heroic Mode in Highmaul. Was super easy with the new pugging system they have. But there isn't much to do that makes me want to keep logging back on. Also sucks the game seems rather anti social more than ever.

The Destroyer
12-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Outland is killing me. I really hope Blizzard give it a Cataclysm style overhaul someday, since it feels so bloody grindy and unfocused compared to everything else that came before it.

At least the rest of the zones aren't as bleakly hideous as Hellfire Peninsula.

Nark Order
12-30-2014, 04:21 PM
alright gentleman. I'm on now. Got a laptop. Bunch of free time for a month. I have 90 horde and alliance. Come at me.

daysliveon@gmail.com

add meeee

Ruien
12-31-2014, 10:24 AM
Maaan, people trip me out on WoD. I decided to sell my account and went to the Facebook guild page to tell everyone about it. The GM snapped at me accusing me of putting her guild at risk due to me selling my account because the items in the guild bank would be at risk. She went off even though in my post I even stated I was telling them to let people know to remove me. Everyone else was like "That sucks" and she flips her shit. I think she wanted to D.

drave
12-31-2014, 10:25 AM
She wanted to cause a scene. It takes less than 30 seconds to either kick you or demote you to a rank that does not have access - unless she fails to manage the GB.

Heisenberg
12-31-2014, 10:25 AM
Next patch we'll be able to go into other Champion's garrisons and do quests to help them out and stuff

The Destroyer
01-02-2015, 05:38 AM
I'm getting more and more tempted to boost to 90 since it feels like it's going to take me forever to get there on my own. At the same time, don't want to miss anything. Hate dilemmas.

Heisenberg
01-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Standing up my old guild with some ppl interested in raiding again. That is pretty amazing seeing that I thought my raiding days are over, but it's pretty easy to get a few guys together and pick up the rest of the slots in LFR.

A couple guildies expressed that they just like the Teamspeak/Vent portion of the guild, some of them log on just to interact and argue with each other. It is really a visceral and friendly place to be.

I need to inject TPWW into it though. It's still a channel we use, Teamspeak, not everyone is playing WoW so if you just want to be in there just to shoot the shit and not be lonely, I'm usually in the damn thing at least once a day if I'm playing anything.

Heisenberg
01-05-2015, 02:35 PM
alright gentleman. I'm on now. Got a laptop. Bunch of free time for a month. I have 90 horde and alliance. Come at me.

daysliveon@gmail.com

add meeee

will get on this whenever I get the chance

Nark Order
01-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Do it. I have horde an ally at 90. Play mostly ally but been meaning to get my hordie hunter going on his garrison stuff

drave
01-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Alliance homogays

drave
01-05-2015, 03:33 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/230/6/5/horde_wallpaper_by_nanahari-d6ipag7.jpg

Heisenberg
01-05-2015, 03:47 PM
King Varian > Troll Chieftain, think his name is Sir PoopsInPants or something, Vol'jin

The Destroyer
01-05-2015, 03:53 PM
I ended up abandoning Outland the moment I hit level 70. Level 72 in Northrend now, liking it a lot more.

Also, for the Horde!

drave
01-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Vol'jin is a hippy pot-smoking Troll who doesn't deserve the throne which he holds.

I'm keeping things real with the OG
http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2010/11/kyl-thrallanniversary-1290819527.jpg

Heisenberg
01-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Thrall has been tagging up with us since Cata happened,,,

The Destroyer
01-05-2015, 04:19 PM
I quite like Vol'jin. Based on the way he's currently bossing me around in Borean Tundra, Garrosh seems like a bit of a wanker, so anyone's preferable to him.

Heisenberg
01-06-2015, 09:20 AM
A good focus point on the Warchiefs/Kings spat is in Northrend/Wrath in Icecrown at the Trial of the Crusader. The Horde and Alliance leaders are all jampacked into an arena and they test Champions/Heroes to rounds of combat featuring mythical creatures and the occasional jabs at one another. It is truly marvelous and spectacular!!

drave
01-06-2015, 09:23 AM
WOTLK music/environments makes me wanna play again.

road doggy dogg
01-06-2015, 09:27 AM
I haven't logged in in prolly like 2 weeks almost. And when I have it's been on my crappy alts just farming Pokemons (got the Emerald Whelpling wooooooo)

Feeling like too much of a chore to play right now :(

Heisenberg
01-06-2015, 09:34 AM
ran one heroic and I'm ready for more. Tried doing Molten Core, but I couldn't handle the stupidity of dealing with 39 strangers and left

drave
01-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Dragone Age Inquisition multiplayer is like doing 5 mans. Defined roles and what not.

Heisenberg
01-12-2015, 10:15 AM
doing a Zul'Aman run for the mount today

I mucked it up last night and will correct myself

road doggy dogg
01-12-2015, 10:56 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2s59tg/a_gm_froze_a_horde_character_for_trying_to_stop/

carebear skum

/spit

Heisenberg
01-12-2015, 10:57 AM
I read the same damn thread this morning, weird

sounds a little far fetched to me, GMs usually don't give a piss about that stuff, he could have been on drugs, (the hunter)

road doggy dogg
01-12-2015, 10:58 AM
I hope it's not an indictment of things to come. The whole "be a star" / anti-bullying mentality... griefing people on PvP servers is the best thing you can do in the game, hope they don't succumb to some kid who tries to kill himself because pixels or some lame ass shit

drave
01-12-2015, 11:00 AM
That is pretty fucking lame for sure. World PvP was one of the best things in WoW

Heisenberg
01-12-2015, 11:08 AM
I get beat down going out of my garrison daily, I don't ever complain to the GM.

My retaliation is great, hopping down to lower zones and clearing them of the opposing faction. Horde is better at grouping up, it just takes a /1 or /2 and I got 3 Horde champions ready to ride. I do it on Burning Blade(Alliance side) and I get called a fag and have to avenge myself. Down side of being true to Human race

road doggy dogg
01-12-2015, 11:10 AM
WoW's WPvP pales in comparison to other games as it is... no XP loss, no item loss, nothing like that. There's literally no downside to dying in PvP aside from a few seconds of inconvenience. Carebear skum.

Ruien
01-13-2015, 10:11 PM
That is funny. Have to imagine that guy is going to have a lot of fun pissing off those alliance people from now on. Especially now he, and everyone else, knows how upset they get when they are entered into world pvp.

Heisenberg
01-14-2015, 08:49 AM
My friend that has been day 1 with me(freaking champion friend) has been raiding at the request of a lady friend on another server doing Highmaul, the new ish. He dual listens to the raid on vent and talks with me on Teamspeak. It was good to hear that he hated the people he was raiding with. That elevates our former runs we had together and will be standing up a core group of casual raiders soon.

All in all, he's suffering through their mundane boringness to get gear and learn the fights for us as he is a healer.

The Destroyer
01-14-2015, 05:40 PM
WoW's WPvP pales in comparison to other games as it is... no XP loss, no item loss, nothing like that. There's literally no downside to dying in PvP aside from a few seconds of inconvenience. Carebear skum.
Yeah it really is a cakewalk compared to other MMOs. I've got no interest in doing it myself, but I can see why some people enjoy it.

Stay off PvP servers if it's not your thing, I guess.

The Destroyer
01-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Have Blizzard done some kind of level rebalance at some point? I seem to be levelling faster than the Outland and Northrend zone level ranges would suggest. Very nearly at level 79 and I've only done Borean Tundra and Dragonblight with a little bit of Zul'Drak.

Outland was kind of the same, since I left it as soon as I hit 70, missing out Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm entirely. Like I'm levelling too fast to fit in all the content or something.

Heisenberg
01-14-2015, 11:45 PM
Yes, they did a rebalance in Cata/Mist I believe. I'm not going to argue cause I didn't feel like rerunning the whole thing anyways

road doggy dogg
01-15-2015, 12:06 AM
I think it was near the end of Cata they redid all the XP ranges, and yes they definitely expedited a lot of the 70-85 I remember that much

Heisenberg
01-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Did the first wing of Highmaul last night in LFR, got a sweet pair of boots. My old raid leader is coming back to my guild to help me build up a group. He is tired of playing with his current group. They are too serious and don't joke around. What kind of life is that anyways

The Destroyer
01-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Taking things too seriously is boring. Where's the fun?

road doggy dogg
01-27-2015, 12:39 PM
They are adding a selfie camera in 6.1. smdh

Heisenberg
01-27-2015, 12:52 PM
oh come on!! I'm going to eat that up!! Twitter integration too

Heisenberg
01-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Closing in on the harsh reality that all my friends have moved on to MOBAs and I'll be stuck questing by myself. While that sucks, I'm ok with that. I'm going to venture out in Azeroth and let a natural tag team develop. I've been telling ppl where I drop the Blingatron 5000 and all, sometimes I try to /hug someone before they leave his vicinity.

My efforts to nWo my Teamspeak have failed as I don't have the selfish power to let new blood mesh into the fold.

The good news is that I can get gear without having to depend on others to log on so I'll be ok.

road doggy dogg
01-30-2015, 10:15 AM
How is the Highmaul and stuff. Only did LFR and it was a cakewalk

Heisenberg
01-30-2015, 10:34 AM
I have done the LFR only. Everyone in my guild is slowly gearing/leveling up, but being in Teamspeak the last few weeks has been hard on me. I like to discuss fart jokes and real life discussions, but don't have the selfish need to steer the direction that way. I miss the BC/Wrath days when it was a jungle in the chatroom and throats were slashed.

I'm going to attempt some LFR tonight on the mage or run some heroics with the Paladin

road doggy dogg
01-30-2015, 11:00 AM
Cool beans.. I may pop into Azeroth at some point soon, getting frustrated with D3 and my lack of progress

Heisenberg
01-30-2015, 11:12 AM
No rush, your journey is one of awesome.

I'd be able to backstory this problem on audio in the future. It'll make more sense of why I care much of it

road doggy dogg
02-02-2015, 12:15 AM
opps wrong thread :o

Heisenberg
02-23-2015, 09:33 AM
Anyone on the Alliance looking for a raiding guild/group and want to have fun while progressing let me know. No pressure or anything. I'm looking to get some competent DPS as I'm the acting Guild Leader in my guild. The guild is demanding I get the title for some reason and I'm willing to assemble some new Champions to overthrow the current regime. Just putting this out there.

Ruien
02-23-2015, 11:01 AM
If I did not sell my account I would come light up your charts for you :(

road doggy dogg
03-02-2015, 02:25 PM
WoW game time tokens for gold (ca$h 4 gold: WoW edition) going to be in game soonish... may make my return to roam the streets of Azeroth for free

Blonde Moment
03-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Whats the max price you can sell anything for in the Ah now, 999,999?

drave
03-03-2015, 05:38 AM
One BILLLLION gold /pinkytolip

Heisenberg
03-03-2015, 08:35 AM
Whats the max price you can sell anything for in the Ah now, 999,999?

ahh, I'm not sure about it, but the tokens will be priced according to w/e Blizzard has implemented. I like that cause I can yell at one thing when they inflate the prices, which I see happening.

I have no faith in this, I put all faith into the Real Money Auction House in D3 a few years back and that cost me pointless hours of playing a poop game

road doggy dogg
03-03-2015, 08:43 AM
There's a lot more data on game tokens in MMOs though, they've been implemented successfully in other MMOs (Wildstar, Everquest 2, EVE, Guild Wars 2, etc)... the D3 auction house on the other hand was bad juju. Buying the best items was literally the only way for most people to advance since drop rates were so tuned down and you'd have to play thousands of hours to get any tangible upgrades... it wasn't a bad system, just horribly implemented

Heisenberg
03-03-2015, 08:53 AM
if RMAH was around now it'd be good to go

I wasted so much time grinding crap gear and didn't sell a thing

road doggy dogg
03-03-2015, 09:03 AM
I think it would be good if in the game now. Since most people can farm what they want rather effectively, the RMAH would be a good way to "fill in the gaps" for that item slot you're missing or just want a bit better stats on, etc.

The problem with it back in vanilla was that it was THE single clearest and best way to gear up. Actually playing the game itself was streets behind in terms of actually advancing your character.

But now? My Jade WD would kill for a Furnace, as would about 75% of every other player. Anyone who finds an Ancient Furnace would make a killing with it on a RMAH, yet without it people can still effectively play the game. I think with all the fixes they've made to the game, a RMAH would definitely thrive now.

But I'm getting sidetracked, wrong thread :wavesad:

Heisenberg
03-03-2015, 09:06 AM
No harm, no foul, we run both Blizzard threads here, Elune be praised, stay awhile and posten

drave
03-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Neutral level 100 Pandaren

http://kotaku.com/world-of-warcraft-player-reaches-level-100-without-choo-1689356960#

Fuck that process.

Heisenberg
03-04-2015, 09:47 AM
He has finished???

ahh, a newsworthy delight!! What wonderful news!

drave
03-04-2015, 09:53 AM
3 weeks later the story is recanted because of bot usage.

That's how the world works now.

road doggy dogg
03-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Honestly, levelling up solely through pet battles would make the process a bit trivial IMO. I recall on my 90 Paladin, I did about 30 mins of pet battles to ding 91 just sitting in my garrison. Going from 1-100 just sitting and essentially AFKing and doing pet battles I can imagine would not take very long at all.

road doggy dogg
03-04-2015, 09:57 AM
^ by that I mean, PVP Pet Battles (since you can queue anywhere)

So long as you have a handful of OP pets you should win 60%+ of your games I would imagine

Heisenberg
03-04-2015, 10:00 AM
3 weeks later the story is recanted because of bot usage.

That's how the world works now.

Is that a prediction?

I bookmarked that link to read outside work

Ruien
03-04-2015, 10:24 AM
So......... If there were 4 other neutral characters would they be able to queue and run instances together?

drave
03-04-2015, 10:24 AM
Nah, just being cynical with the setting of records in all other facets of life recently. Everyone dopes/cheats or something.

WoW players are hardcore as fuck though, doubt he cheated.

Heisenberg
03-04-2015, 11:24 AM
jokes on him, a neutral panda will get you nowhere in the rap game

Nark Order
03-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Heisenberg. I just got a boosted 90 monk. Ally. Let's rock

Heisenberg
03-04-2015, 12:59 PM
good I'll be on later and if you need me and I'm not watching the baby I will defintely help you in Draenor

I need something new to do in WoW, I'm standing up a new guild possibly, the guild leader of our current setup is not favored, ppl are lobbying for me to take over, but he rarely gets on and when he is on he doesn't speak. I already asked for the GL status and he passively said that he's afraid I'll leave... the whole damn guild left in Panda, that was a bad expansion, but I'll let that naturally develop and break down for him when he gets to speak to the others

Heisenberg
03-10-2015, 12:57 AM
Went to Northshire abbey where the lvl 1 humans are born at, their starting area, anyways I traveled there and challenged a lvl 1 paladin to a match at Wrestlemania and he accepted. Always go back to where you started, a friendship may bloom

road doggy dogg
03-10-2015, 08:06 AM
did you point to Goldshire before the match

Heisenberg
03-11-2015, 09:00 AM
should have

Ahem, some storyline is breaking out where the guild wants me to be guild leader, but the current one that doesn't speak is not willing to give it up so easily. Guildies are threatening to leave and I'm sitting here a champion w/o the belt.

drave
03-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Fuck em.

Raze your own path with your own guild. Make yourself GM with the backing of all the current guildies that want to follow your lead. Plan the movement and execute it.

Heisenberg
03-11-2015, 09:49 AM
that's the story, the guild leader is my friend as well. He usurped the fill-in GL and is reluctant to drop the title to me in fear that I'll quit the game and leave them GL'less. But this isn't Pandaria, I actually enjoy Draenor and have a lot of to discover in the land.

drave
03-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Then tell said friend to BE a fucking friend and trust you. Otherwise, fuck 'em too.

Heisenberg
03-11-2015, 10:17 AM
his wife said he's open to talks, he means well and I'm not one to stir up crap, but at the same time if I don't take the helm the rest of the guild is going to disband and it's just a bunch of poop

Ruien
03-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Why would he think you be would be a dick and just quit while holding the GM title? Seems kind of foolish. Sure you may quit the game again but that does not mean you would not pass the title before leaving.

Why does having the GM title mean that much anyhow? Just do your own shit with the people who want you to lead them without it.

drave
03-11-2015, 10:38 AM
his wife said he's open to talks, he means well and I'm not one to stir up crap, but at the same time if I don't take the helm the rest of the guild is going to disband and it's just a bunch of poop

IRL friend then, or his wife talks for him?

Either way, still seems like he is being rather childish about it. Also sounds like he needs a WoW hiatus.

Heisenberg
03-11-2015, 10:42 AM
I understand where he's coming from, but I'm not the only one that left during Pandaria.

I have a good track record of putting good groups of people together and he's going to face a mutiny(pirate themed guild) if he doesn't hand the title back

road doggy dogg
03-11-2015, 11:09 AM
To be entirely honest, if his fear is that you will disappear WITHOUT A TRACE(™ CBS) the GL rank gets passed down to the next-highest rank after like 30 or 90 days of inactivity anyway

Heisenberg
03-11-2015, 12:01 PM
yeah, it's not like we are some high end raiding guild. I'm not going to beg for the thing back, but I will address him and give the ppl what they want

Ruien
03-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Everyone needs to learn to just log into the game and fuck shit up. Whoever comes with is gravy but fuck the drama. People use to get mad when "clicks" form in the guilds but fuck it, we are riding together. No one else wants to fuck shit up and if they do they can come along.

road doggy dogg
03-11-2015, 04:48 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y13YF3re7MQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drave
03-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Ruien telling it how it is and laying down the law.

No time for SAWFTies

road doggy dogg
03-13-2015, 09:32 AM
When are those gametime tokens going into the game? The D3 flame is dimming for me lately (until next patch probably) and would like to dick around on WoW for a month or two... want to get the new pokemons from T6 raids :fu:

Heisenberg
03-14-2015, 05:15 AM
Next patch fo sho

The Rogerer
03-14-2015, 08:36 AM
What size is this guild? Off with his head

Heisenberg
04-07-2015, 11:35 PM
WoW Tokens debuted today, like it doesn't exist, like it doesn't existtttttt Chandelier.

26,800 gold on my server a token

The Rogerer
04-08-2015, 04:41 AM
Pls explain tokens

The Destroyer
04-08-2015, 05:21 AM
Item you can buy in game for gold to get game time or buy with real money then sell in game for gold.

Heisenberg
04-08-2015, 08:32 AM
WoW token=30 days of game time

buy it with in-game gold. Ppl buy tokens for gold, champions, this would have been big in Wrath