PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Royal Rumble

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Emperor Smeat
04-27-2018, 04:58 PM
So is Braun going to have to relinquish this belt as well?

Nothing about that Rumble screamed the need to have it be 50 guys. At least with the 40-Man Rumble in 2011, WWE had the excuse of a stable war going on.

Mr. Nerfect
The championship was a bit too much.

It's because the boys working in the business today are belt marks.

Sixx
Holy fuck, 13 eliminations by Braun.

Ruien
04-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Braun is so much fun to watch. Rumble was lame until the end but whatever. Braun gets a title.

Now Braun can run the gimmick where he sets up mini battle royals on Raw where he kills 5 people at a time to defend his belt.

GD
04-27-2018, 04:59 PM
A post-show video package. Wrestlemania much? :shifty:

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2018, 05:00 PM
This company just doesn't get it.

Well, yeah. The outcome of that match was not an example of why though.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 05:01 PM
When you see the highlight video at the end, it's easy to trick yourself into thinking WWE is a wrestling promotion.

DAMN iNATOR
04-27-2018, 05:01 PM
The right man won

The best possible second choice won, IMHO. Would've preferred for DB to eliminate Cass and use that to further their feud and storyline for SDL this week followed by Backlash a week from Sunday.

slik
04-27-2018, 05:02 PM
Braun now a good contender for Brock...time to move on from Roman

GD
04-27-2018, 05:04 PM
Feel like this thread and event were just an excuse for Triple A to boast his knowledge about the Middle East.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 05:06 PM
Well, yeah. The outcome of that match was not an example of why though.

Their entire booking of endearing Bryan, because he's their most over guy, to try and get bogus heat on a heel no one gives a fuck about in order to get eliminated by the hoss no one gives a fuck about is exactly a reason why.

I'm at the point where even following WWE annoys me. I shouldn't have watched good wrestling before this, but it's incredible just how panto they've gotten, and just how uninspiring the work is outside the guys who really know what they're doing. But everyone else was either just there or sucked. The stories are non-existent or poorly told, because things just happen and the wrestlers have these health bars where they take a few hits by anybody and they need to regenerate until they can do moves or get hit with more moves.

Triple A
04-27-2018, 05:07 PM
Feel like this thread and event were just an excuse for Triple A to boast his knowledge about the Middle East.

Will take any opportunity to make anti-Saudi Arabia and anti-Israel posts..........

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 05:08 PM
Braun now a good contender for Brock...time to move on from Roman

https://i.imgur.com/W25b0ov.gif?noredirect

https://i.redd.it/xd7q9cqxc1d01.gif

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2018, 05:08 PM
With Reigns losing again and Cena's 50th "Can't win in pressure situations" storyline of his career, WWE is leaning on the struggling top babyface crutch more than usual right now.

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2018, 05:09 PM
Their entire booking of endearing Bryan, because he's their most over guy, to try and get bogus heat on a heel no one gives a fuck about in order to get eliminated by the hoss no one gives a fuck about is exactly a reason why.

lol People care about Braun, Noid. Come on.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 05:10 PM
Reigns will likely beat Joe and will probably get a rematch at Money in the Bank after Heyman cuts that promo on Brock Lesnar being champion longer than CM Punk.

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2018, 05:11 PM
Cass is horrible and no one cares about him though. Trying to force heel heat on him by having him eliminate Bryan was shit because he's just not good and it would have been better served on someone who is good.

Braun was the right choice to win though.

Ruien
04-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Why is no one excited for mini battle royals with Braun killing everyone? Come on now.

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2018, 05:18 PM
Why's it gotta be mini? Why not just have him defend in a 50 man Royal Rumble every week on Raw. Not like they're using that 3 hours for much else.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 05:21 PM
lol People care about Braun, Noid. Come on.

Dude, people keep saying this, and I don't fucking see it. I've only watched a few segments of Raw that have involved him over the last several months, but every time he comes out you can hear the individual "rawrs" from the crowd. He gets about half the crowd doing mild cheering and then they sit on their hands because he's not very good.

Sorry to be so salty about this, but I honestly think this is internet bullshit like the Matt Hardy stuff. I'm sure the people who still punish themselves by going to live events and watching WWE do generally think positively about the guy, because low standards and such, but I'm just sick of this "He's awesome, he's actually got the fans behind him" attitude. He's not that over and he's not turning the product around.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 05:23 PM
Him getting more focus actually makes things worse, haha. I'd much rather watch Roman Reigns work than Braun. Holy shit, Reigns is better by a mile.

Ruien
04-27-2018, 05:30 PM
Dude, people keep saying this, and I don't fucking see it. I've only watched a few segments of Raw that have involved him over the last several months, but every time he comes out you can hear the individual "rawrs" from the crowd. He gets about half the crowd doing mild cheering and then they sit on their hands because he's not very good.

Sorry to be so salty about this, but I honestly think this is internet bullshit like the Matt Hardy stuff. I'm sure the people who still punish themselves by going to live events and watching WWE do generally think positively about the guy, because low standards and such, but I'm just sick of this "He's awesome, he's actually got the fans behind him" attitude. He's not that over and he's not turning the product around.

Everyone who has attended an event live here at TPWW has stated he gets the best reactions.

But go off the 3 YouTube clips you watched.

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2018, 05:33 PM
I've watched Raw probably as much as you and I've seen him get by far the biggest reactions on shows. It's not much sometimes especially if you're looking for attitude era pops. But unless you're bringing The Rock or Hogan in long term, you're not gonna find a better choice to win something like this. He's over by today's standards. He gets a reaction. He's a prototypical larger-than-life WWE guy, casuals seem to like him AND the IWC seems to like him. That's a rare combination. Granted most of that is good booking (Which is insane to think given the fact that WWE couldn't book a group of big-titted strippers to be over in a prison) but he's over. Regardless of how WWE has started the process of fucking him up by having him be "silly" lately, for tonight at least they made the right move.

Sepholio
04-27-2018, 05:43 PM
Noid....Braun is mega over. The only internet bullshit over him is that which is coming out of your mouth.

You don't like him so he's dumb and not over. That's really all this is. It's like your hatred of the fact that some people like the Broken Hardy gimmick.

Ruien
04-27-2018, 05:46 PM
And Bliss.

Emperor Smeat
04-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Noid....Braun is mega over. The only internet bullshit over him is that which is coming out of your mouth.

You don't like him so he's dumb and not over. That's really all this is. It's like your hatred of the fact that some people like the Broken Hardy gimmick.

Braun is pretty much what Vince dreams Reigns would have been in terms of being a legit hot mega star with crowds and not in the ironic Cena way.

Same for Vince spending an untold amount of years trying to get his fetish of Big Man wrestlers over with crowds. He finally has a legit one with Braun but stubbornly refuses to hand him the keys to the kingdom.

slik
04-27-2018, 06:11 PM
Noid doesn't like Bliss?!

Gerard
04-27-2018, 06:20 PM
I hope I never have to watch a Reigns and Brock March again. 5 moves TOTAL if you included the steel chair as a move.

No different to that farce of a match at mania, brocks a lazy fat fuck that is capable of MUCH more and reigns has zero depth and just resorts to his 2 moves of doom.

erickman
04-27-2018, 06:45 PM
remember the tna cage watch where dude was speared through the cage to win the belt. I think it was christen

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 06:55 PM
Everyone who has attended an event live here at TPWW has stated he gets the best reactions.

But go off the 3 YouTube clips you watched.

So you'd rather me take anecdotal evidence as opposed to what I can actually see and hear with my own eyes and ears?

I've watched Raw probably as much as you and I've seen him get by far the biggest reactions on shows. It's not much sometimes especially if you're looking for attitude era pops. But unless you're bringing The Rock or Hogan in long term, you're not gonna find a better choice to win something like this. He's over by today's standards. He gets a reaction. He's a prototypical larger-than-life WWE guy, casuals seem to like him AND the IWC seems to like him. That's a rare combination. Granted most of that is good booking (Which is insane to think given the fact that WWE couldn't book a group of big-titted strippers to be over in a prison) but he's over. Regardless of how WWE has started the process of fucking him up by having him be "silly" lately, for tonight at least they made the right move.

I just watched a clip of him interrupting Triple H. You can see a few people stand up and go "Yay!". He might be one of the most over guys they have, but that is a damning indictment.

What evidence do you have for that? He's behind Cena, Styles, Reigns and Rusev in terms of merchandise sales. I think I've read he's behind Rollins and Balor too. With Rey coming back, he'll likely be bumped from that spot. New Day and Usos always seem to be contenders too. Elias was in the top movers last month, which Braun was not. And that's only counting the men. When you factor in Ronda Rousey, he surely goes down even further. His reactions are mild compared to pops when guys were actually over. By what metric are you talking about? Because a bunch of people in the Raw Thread each week talk about how great he is? Come on.

My annoyance with the Broken gimmick was with people saying that it was effective. There is a big difference between liking something and saying that it draws. I know that's hard for some people to understand. But again, <400,000 people watched TNA when he did it, and only about 1 million people watched it on YouTube. Jeff's healing is now up to 2.3. By comparison, The Hardys return got 2 million within a few hours. I don't have evidence for that recorded, but it is currently at 23 million. You would need to get everyone who watched Broken Matt in TNA to split into 50 people to enter the ballpark.

So, tell me which gimmick is more over -- Broken Matt or The Hardy Boyz?

Noid doesn't like Bliss?!

She's fine. She's good for a girl who has only been doing it for about 5 years. She's pretty uninspiring in the ring and her promo material is usually awful. She's overrated as an actress and the gimmick is pretty cliche. People jizz over her because she put her hair up in pigtails and she's got a great ass. If I had to trim the talent roster, I'd definitely keep her. I just think it's ridiculous when people say things like "she's the best women's wrestler they have," and "she's better than Natalya." Both are statements I saw here. That's ridiculous.

Emperor Smeat
04-27-2018, 07:10 PM
Supposedly Aiden English suffered an injury after getting spiked during the Taker-Rusev casket match. Needed medical help after it was over based on a fan report from the show.

I'm at the event live and they brought out medic personnel for Aiden English. Rusev got out of the casket and him and the ref motioned for help. Aiden walked to the back with help of ref and a medic and looked to be in really bad shape. This all happened during the Brock and Reigns video promo while it was going on.

DrA
04-27-2018, 07:11 PM
Brock Lesnar reminds me of these NFL players like Albert Hayesworth who half ass it for the rest of their career after they get the really big contract. Vince McMahon is a huge sap if he really is paying him the money he's purported to be getting.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 07:23 PM
The thing with Brock is that the problem is with the roster around him. Vince has no one good and ready to take over, so Brock is kind of left high and dry. I’d just like to see them unify the belts at this point and put AJ over. Save Brook until there is someone people believe in and actually want to see him fight.

Sixx
04-27-2018, 07:40 PM
Btw., AJ got hurt a bit, right? Cause they ain't allowed to blade anymore and he was bleeding.

Danny Electric
04-27-2018, 08:10 PM
The show was worthless the second they fed the Persian lions to those Saudi pricks.

Also what the hell were those fake total idiots doing at the front for the show , busy chatting about who sold the most weapons to Al Qaeda.

The show was saved by one thing ... Titus.

Jordan
04-27-2018, 08:36 PM
Daniel Bryan was fucking awesome in the Rumble, would've been better for him to win but Braun is next best.

Innovator
04-27-2018, 08:45 PM
Ouch, just rewatched the tombstone, aiden got spiked

Triple A
04-27-2018, 08:50 PM
Was Zayn not in the match?

Interesting...............

Wonder if that has anything to do with why he isn't there...

Since Saudi Arabia is destroying Syria via flooding ISIS and Al Qaeda with weapons........

wtf is this bullshit...

Did Saudi Arabia seriously ban Sami Zayn from wrestling there because he's Syrian...? Or they see him as an "apostate" or some other reason like that???

Regarding Sami Zayn not being on today's show, WWE said: "WWE is committed to embracing individuals from all backgrounds while respecting local customs and cultural differences around the world."

(via meltzer)

Emperor Smeat
04-27-2018, 08:56 PM
Based on the rumors, seemed like it was due to his nationality and religion.

Either Sami refused to work or WWE didn't allow him to be on the show to appease the Saudi government. Making things complicated is relations between Syria and Saudi Arabia have been terrible since the Syrian Civil War started.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 09:07 PM
I would really like it if Sami Zayn and all the women walked out. They won’t, but it would be a feel-good moment.

Danny Electric
04-27-2018, 09:08 PM
I was also wondering about Sami , I'm wondering with all the charity work he does for Syria that he stood by his beliefs and didn't wrestle there.

I am still super pissed off about the Daviari brothers segment , booing the Iranian flag. Saudis should be ashamed for how they treat Iranians.

Jordan
04-27-2018, 09:08 PM
I can't see where they go with Roman from here. Perhaps a true Shield reunion could help him. I am shocked he didn't win. Seems like we are headed for Braun and Brock which is great. Maybe at some point Roman destroys the Sheild and goes bad guy against Braun.

Danny Electric
04-27-2018, 09:19 PM
Isn't Brock rumoured as well to have no planned event for a while, I'm guessing their just holding out for him to have another UFC fight after his ban so they can ride the coat tails on his fame from that .

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 09:21 PM
Daniel Bryan was fucking awesome in the Rumble, would've been better for him to win but Braun is next best.

Bryan was great. He tried his best to tell a story with his face. I’m glad he got to set a new record, if that means anything to him. It’s a cool story given how long he was out. It’s also a good way to say “he’s baaaack”. I didn’t expect, or even really actively want him to win heading in. It never felt like his match. Then he made it his match. He’s far and away the best babyface they have. So tone-deaf of them to have him make it that far and then get eliminated in a hokey heel display, just to try and shine a guy who is obviously inferior.

Braun was the obvious choice. This Rumble doesn’t really mean anything. No Rumbles do anymore. Eh. Him being overrated aside, it’s just frustrating how flat the layers of WWE storytelling are when you’ve got a reservoir of nuance just sitting there playing “little buddy”.

And I’m pretty sure those were chants for him I heard when Braun was posing to take his spot. They weren’t chanting for Braun. That was the result of that work — get the fans invested in the dude who didn’t win. Swimming.

This wasn’t 2015 bad, but it was in line with that shitty blocking out of simple emotional cues. “Love Bryan, love Bryan, love Bryan — he’s your hero. Just kidding. Hate this guy — boo, hiss. Now cheer this guy; he’s your new hero.”

I think I’m going to redirect my focus into New Japan. It’s obviously been the better product, it I have been worried about taking that final dive. Watching some more matches has tipped me over the edge though: I need to financially support some other wrestling.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 09:26 PM
Isn't Brock rumoured as well to have no planned event for a while, I'm guessing their just holding out for him to have another UFC fight after his ban so they can ride the coat tails on his fame from that .

I think that’s just online murmuring. Brock’s got Vince over a barrel. But his next title defender might be Money in the Bank. Personally, I’d prefer it if they did it on Raw before Brock beats Punk’s reign. See how he does as a once-off television draw.

I was also wondering about Sami , I'm wondering with all the charity work he does for Syria that he stood by his beliefs and didn't wrestle there.

I am still super pissed off about the Daviari brothers segment , booing the Iranian flag. Saudis should be ashamed for how they treat Iranians.

The Daivari brothers have balls though. I completely understand your frustration. All you can do is make sure you don’t financially support the company, and consider writing a letter to sponsors. I’m considering doing something of the sort. Hit them in the money.

Danny Electric
04-27-2018, 09:28 PM
Ye they played that video.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 09:29 PM
Holy shit. Fuck this company.

Triple A
holy shit I didn't see this... they played this video @ the greatest royal rumble?

woman crying about how happy she is to live in saudi arabia... video talking about how great the new monstrous crown prince is... truly sick shit!!!

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/kirhn/xtvkoc" frameborder="0" width="640" height="360" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Triple A
sorry, broke the thread and re-posted the video

KIRA

SHIT
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=8s&v=OYQlosSBGQU

Sorry I'm doing this from my phone

Danny Electric
04-27-2018, 09:32 PM
I think that’s just online murmuring. Brock’s got Vince over a barrel. But his next title defender might be Money in the Bank. Personally, I’d prefer it if they did it on Raw before Brock beats Punk’s reign. See how he does as a once-off television draw.

The Daivari brothers have balls though. I completely understand your frustration. All you can do is make sure you don’t financially support the company, and consider writing a letter to sponsors. I’m considering doing something of the sort. Hit them in the money.

Just thought it was funny that the WWE release a statement that they respect all cultures etc after they did an early 90s skit with the Iranians , felt like I was watching The Iron Sheikh get his ass handed to him again.

Luckily they've offered me the Network for 99p for three months.

erickman
04-27-2018, 09:34 PM
I can't see where they go with Roman from here. Perhaps a true Shield reunion could help him. I am shocked he didn't win. Seems like we are headed for Braun and Brock which is great. Maybe at some point Roman destroys the Sheild and goes bad guy against Braun.

I would have joe take him out at backlash, have roman out for a few months to be repackaged maybe a shield reunion at return.

Triple A
04-27-2018, 09:37 PM
Cedric Alexander clipping the ropes with his cock

https://i.imgflip.com/298res.gif

Danny Electric
04-27-2018, 09:52 PM
Also where was Balor's multicoloured attire , Balor Club isn't for everyone in Saudi.

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2018, 09:59 PM
Watched Titus tripping a hundred times by now. It was a thing of beauty.

Droford
04-27-2018, 10:09 PM
Takers hair needs to go

Savio
04-27-2018, 10:11 PM
Just send him to TNA and call him Ottoman

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2018, 10:18 PM
Also where was Balor's multicoloured attire , Balor Club isn't for everyone in Saudi.

I was actually going to ask about that.

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2018, 10:22 PM
If Darren Young were still with the company, I wonder if he would have been on the show.

Sixx
04-27-2018, 10:44 PM
Takers needs to go

There, fixed that for ya.

Gerard
04-27-2018, 11:11 PM
There, fixed that for ya.

Brian Lee is back playing a second undertaker again? :shifty:

El Fangel
04-27-2018, 11:55 PM
That was worse than Mania, somehow

Evil Vito
04-28-2018, 12:02 AM
They need to run with this Titus thing. He should always present himself as the smoothest and suavest when in reality he's a bumbling lummox.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-28-2018, 12:06 AM
This would have been a good day-drinking show. Fuck work.

Evil Vito
04-28-2018, 12:11 AM
I'm found it fascinating to watch the front row. As best I can tell, Saudi princes are like teenage girls - they never go anywhere smaller than a group of five and it takes 30 minutes of negotiation to organize.

Evil Vito
04-28-2018, 12:16 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o8doV8huMPfordzsA/giphy.gif

Vince backstage looking at the check for this show vs. the show they've delivered. "Enjoy Babatunde and Dan Matha, motherfuckers!"

Dark One
04-28-2018, 12:29 AM
lol Roman didn’t win and couldn’t even get completely cheered over Brock.

Looking forward to The Greatest Wrestlemania on the moon for Roman’s coronation.

Helmsphere
04-28-2018, 12:41 AM
Cedric Alexander clipping the ropes with his cock

https://i.imgflip.com/298res.gif

Oh My

Cedric Cock may have more Charisma then well, Cedric

El Fangel
04-28-2018, 12:42 AM
lol Roman didn’t win and couldn’t even get completely cheered over Brock.

Looking forward to The Greatest Wrestlemania on the moon for Roman’s coronation.

Nah, will be on Krypton. Then he will just be limited to his Spear.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-28-2018, 01:12 AM
Oh My

Cedric Cock may have more Charisma then well, Cedric

that had to hurt.

Sixx
04-28-2018, 01:37 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pxBjDcu5ff0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simple Fan
04-28-2018, 01:51 AM
Pretty good show, really picked up after the Davari brother segment I thought. Kind of opposite of long show here in America where the crowd grows tired. Casket match was better than expected, also thought the mid card titles would swith back but nope. HHH vs Cena was pretty bad, like two guys who didn't care bad but I don't think that was the case. AJ and Nakamura just keeps getting better, almost worth the no build for Mania. Cage match had a cool finish and I guess Brock takes a break until Money in the Bank. Rumble was fun and had some great mishaps.

Jordan
04-28-2018, 08:59 AM
Well I'm not excited at all for WWE's return to Saudi Arabia. Probably my least favorite environment for a WWE show of all time, and probably the dirtiest business move they have made in recent memory. In the future WWE will regret this relationship I believe. The next international supershow is slated for the fall in Australia. Hoping for a big time Ronda match at that one.

Rammsteinmad
04-28-2018, 09:14 AM
Poor Titus. Tripping or stumbling is bad enough. Can't imagine what was going through his head or how surreal it must have been for him being under the ring briefly.

Sepholio
04-28-2018, 09:19 AM
He really should have just stayed under there for awhile lol

Sixx
04-28-2018, 09:22 AM
He really should have just stayed under there for awhile lol

Dude if that was North Korea vs USA in the 50s and a Korean would happen to do the Titus slide, he'd at least try his luck.= and stay.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-28-2018, 10:03 AM
Poor Titus. Tripping or stumbling is bad enough. Can't imagine what was going through his head or how surreal it must have been for him being under the ring briefly.

The thing is...it got over more than anything he's done.

Stickman
04-28-2018, 12:54 PM
To me Roman won considering they constanly played up first to have both feet touch the ground wins. Nice to see him fall right on his head too.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-28-2018, 01:40 PM
The thing is...it got over more than anything he's done.

To further my point... they didn't even have to show this happening. The camera missed it. But they made the effort to put it over, while Cole and Corey had a fit. It was a great moment and they obviously liked it in Gorilla.

Triple A
04-28-2018, 02:05 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/8fkhv2/saudi_arabias_general_sport_authority_apologizing/

Apparently WWE showed a promo video that had women in it at the show and the Saudi "General Sport Authority" apologized and vowed to never show women wrestlers ever again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%D9%8A%D8%A6%D8%A9_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A9_%D9%84%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D 8%A7%D8%B6%D8%A9?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#الهيئة_العامة_للرياضة</a> <a href="https://t.co/LsCGEwbu3K">pic.twitter.com/LsCGEwbu3K</a></p>&mdash; الهيئة العامة للرياضة (@gsaksa) <a href="https://twitter.com/gsaksa/status/990138814193721344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 28, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Translation:

The General Sport Authority would like to apologize to the viewers and attendees of last night’s WWE event that took place in Jeddah, over the indecent scene involving women that appeared as an ad before a segment. It would like to confirm it’s total disapproval of this, in the shadow of its commitment to eliminate anything that goes against the communities values.

The authority has made sure to ban showing of any segment that involves women wrestling or any scenes related to it, and stipulated that to the company (WWE). The authority also disapproved any promotional stuff with pictures or videos showing women in an indecent way, and emphasized on commitment of this rule. And it’s a commitment that the authority would still commit to forever in all of it’s events and programs.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-28-2018, 02:06 PM
WEEEWWWWW #PROGRESS

#1-norm-fan
04-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Apology accepted

Cool King
04-28-2018, 04:24 PM
I think the whole event was pretty "meh".

It wasn't actually that great and to me, it was a bit of a let down. I actually really hope they don't do another televised show from Saudi Arabia again, but even if they do, I won't be watching it anyway.

Out of all the overseas televised events I've watched, Saudi Arabia has to be the worst place.

Obviously, this is because I'm not from the country, but I found it really strange to see ringside adorned with comfortable chairs and Sheikhs occupying them with their children sitting on their knees, all the while, having waiters serving them and walking around with trays of drinks in wine glasses.

Hardly any of them seemed interested or knew what was going on and would occasionally applaud a big move, like a king applauding his jester, all the while, what was clearly the actual fans and regular Saudi's were all away at the back of the stadium.

Anyway, the matches themselves weren't exactly classics and like pretty much every single overseas house show, every title was successfully defended.

As for the actual Royal Rumble Match, that was a bit of a let down too.

I don't know if my feelings towards the match were what they were because it was actually not great or if it was because I already knew Strowman was going to win.

I knew Strowman was going to win because right before the Royal Rumble Match, I stopped to check the football scores on TV and instead of talking about the scores like they usually do, the presenter mentioned Strowman had won the match.

That's my typical luck.

Anyway, usually I really enjoy Royal Rumble Matches but this one was just really underwhelming and even boring.

There wasn't many spots, or near eliminations or many surprise entrants, and the ones we got were shit. We all knew beforehand that Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio, The Great Khali and Chris Jericho were all in the match, so they weren't surprises.

We got two surprise entrants and they were Hornswoggle and some random Sumo Wrestler.

Even the ending was bad. Usually the last few entrants are good names or surprises, but instead (apart from Jericho as we knew he was in), we got Shane McMahon, Shelton Benjamin and Big Cass.

You know a five hour event wasn't that great when the most talked about thing from it, is someone tripping as they ran.

Cool King
04-28-2018, 04:25 PM
On the subject of that, I can't help but feel bad for ol' Titus.

This is something that is going to haunt him not just for the rest of his career, but probably his life. He'll be in his 70's and at conventions and people will walk up to him and talk to him about that moment.

That's his "Shockmaster Moment".

It's something that the WWE will show time and time again and dig up from the archives with ease when reliving funny/embarrassing moments.

Poor Titus.

Cool King
04-28-2018, 04:25 PM
However, I will say that it was pretty funny and it did remind me of the WWE games when they glitch.

It was like the game model was running to the ring but it glitched and clipped mid-animation and the game model still slid into the ring, but it wasn't lined up correctly, so it went under the ring instead.

Cool King
04-28-2018, 04:26 PM
The event itself did give me a little idea though.

The thought of having "The Greatest Royal Rumble" be it's own thing came into my head as I watched it.

Have "The Greatest Royal Rumble" be an event that takes place in various countries with the winner defending they're championship in the 50-Man Match.

The event can take place in all sorts of countries that don't usually get televised events or counties that do, but not as much as countries such as USA, Canada, England and so on.

So countries like China, Brazil, South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, Estonia, Sweden and so on.

Cool King
04-28-2018, 04:27 PM
Jericho looks a lot more fatter than usual.

Jericho looking like he's put on some pounds.

Yeah, he has, but to be fair, you would too if you've spent the last seven months living on a bus touring Europe and North America and partying almost every night.

Cool King
04-28-2018, 04:27 PM
Supposedly Aiden English suffered an injury after getting spiked during the Taker-Rusev casket match. Needed medical help after it was over based on a fan report from the show.

I'm at the event live and they brought out medic personnel for Aiden English. Rusev got out of the casket and him and the ref motioned for help. Aiden walked to the back with help of ref and a medic and looked to be in really bad shape. This all happened during the Brock and Reigns video promo while it was going on.

Damn, I knew as soon as I saw it that he wouldn't have been right after it.

I really hope he's ok.

Cool King
04-28-2018, 04:28 PM
Reading up on this Sumo guy and I've just found out that he's the exact same age as me.

I wasn't expecting that.

Triple A
04-28-2018, 04:29 PM
Damn, I knew as soon as I saw it that he wouldn't have been right after it.

I really hope he's ok.

PWInsider said he was OK and was just "selling really well"

Cool King
04-28-2018, 04:29 PM
His head looked and sounded like it got drilled hard.

It's good to know he's OK though.

Cool King
04-28-2018, 04:47 PM
On the subject of that, I can't help but feel bad for ol' Titus.

This is something that is going to haunt him not just for the rest of his career, but probably his life. He'll be in his 70's and at conventions and people will walk up to him and talk to him about that moment.

That's his "Shockmaster Moment".

It's something that the WWE will show time and time again and dig up from the archives with ease when reliving funny/embarrassing moments.

Poor Titus.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Too soon? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WWEGRR?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WWEGRR</a> <a href="https://t.co/EKeCEp6x2L">pic.twitter.com/EKeCEp6x2L</a></p>&mdash; Stevie Richards (@bWoStevie) <a href="https://twitter.com/bWoStevie/status/989982207610585090?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cool King
04-28-2018, 04:47 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/rVj2oVL4cf">pic.twitter.com/rVj2oVL4cf</a></p>&mdash; Wrestling Memes (@Wrestling_Memes) <a href="https://twitter.com/Wrestling_Memes/status/990186706308657152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

slik
04-28-2018, 04:53 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/8fkhv2/saudi_arabias_general_sport_authority_apologizing/

Apparently WWE showed a promo video that had women in it at the show and the Saudi "General Sport Authority" apologized and vowed to never show women wrestlers ever again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%D9%8A%D8%A6%D8%A9_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A9_%D9%84%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D 8%A7%D8%B6%D8%A9?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#الهيئة_العامة_للرياضة</a> <a href="https://t.co/LsCGEwbu3K">pic.twitter.com/LsCGEwbu3K</a></p>&mdash; الهيئة العامة للرياضة (@gsaksa) <a href="https://twitter.com/gsaksa/status/990138814193721344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 28, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:roll::roll::roll:

ludicrous

Evil Vito
04-28-2018, 04:53 PM
Apparently they'd finalized everyone that was going to be on the show and in the Rumble about six weeks ago, right around the time Bryan got cleared. Hornswoggle, Khali, Rey, and Hiroki Sumi were all scheduled around that time. They'd already agreed to terms with Lashley to come back after Mania, and they knew Cass and Jeff were cleared to return as well. Besides that the idea was to just get every active male wrestler from Raw and SmackDown onto the card, similarly to how they handle Mania.

Big Show, Kane, Sami Zayn, and Zack Ryder all had to be pulled within a week of the show for a variety of reasons, so they simply plugged their spots with the various NXT guys that were already scheduled to be over there to help with the Saudi tryouts.

This somewhat explains why the NXT participants seemed so random. Also why Drew McIntyre, No Way Jose, and the Authors of Pain weren't there - because they hadn't yet been called up when WWE were filling out the show and making arrangements. Could also be why R-Truth wasn't there either as he only got medically cleared days before Mania.

Emperor Smeat
04-28-2018, 05:22 PM
:roll::roll::roll:

ludicrous
Not surprised at all and also puts some perspective in WWE's blabber about wanting to be a big player in the progressive changes for the country.

Evil Vito
04-28-2018, 05:32 PM
Meltzer went on a fairly long rant about how much he hates this whole thing they're doing and how they're doing it.

To me, this show was not about quality, this is a political statement and it was... it was a very uncomfortable political statement in a lot of ways. I want to say a couple of things about this, first of all; I do not begrudge WWE doing the show, they've done shows in Saudi Arabia before. The idea of doing a show there, it is what it is, so that's not a problem. I do begrudge them... you know, they got paid a lot of money to say how great Saudi Arabia was to the rest of the world, that's what this was. That, I didn't like because it's Saudi Arabia and there's just a lot of reasons for that and it's just the whole... everything. And it's not just the fact that women weren't allowed to perform, it wasn't even just not allowed to perform, they weren't even there. They were not allowed to bring women to do backstage interviews, Stephanie McMahon was not allowed -- Triple H, Vince, Shane, Undertaker and all those guys were dining with the royal family and Stephanie was not allowed to do that. I don't care how you say it, it's just too ugly for me, people can rationalize it all they want in their own way. I've seen people all day try to rationalize it, I'm not buying it.

The idea is like "well, they're gonna get better" okay, this is what kills the argument "they're gonna get better" - four years ago, Sami Zayn worked in Saudi Arabia, this time he was not allowed. That's going backwards, that's not going forwards. Now, maybe in some ways they have gone forwards in those four years in the sense of women are now allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, two years ago they were not allowed to drive so, that's forward, but that's... how far behind the times that is, and, you can talk about cultural differences. Cultural differences, to me, are... and this is a weird wrestling analogy but when Billy Robinson and Peter Maivia are in Japan in 1968 or 69 and Peter Maivia is from Samoa and they live a certain way, Billy Robinson is from England and they live a certain way, and Peter Maivia was eating food with his hands which Billy Robinson thought was disgusting because where he comes from that's disgusting, where Peter Maivia comes from it's fine and it turned in to a big brawl but that's a different issue. The point is, that's cultural differences. Beheading people because they're gay, women being treated as citizen class citizens to the point that they're not allowed to attend things unless they're accompanied by a male, women essentially being considered property. Are things better? Yeah, they're better, but that's not cultural differences, that's gender, racial, whatever, that's discrimination and I'm sorry, discrimination's ugly, I don't care what culture you're in.

And one of the things that really bothers me is people go "what about the United States?" every single time I bring this up I always bring up how ugly things were in our country, and sometimes even are in our country. Yet, in this situation, that's not a defence. the fact that our country had, has things that just make me furious. I mean, my mothers best friend, in the home that she's in is a 98 year old Japanese woman who actually was interned during World War 2, and it is horrible that our country did that and there are so many horrible things I can say about what our country has done in the past and sometimes does now as far as that goes. But that'll still pale in comparison to beheading gay people. So, I'm sorry but I cannot accept that "this place is so wonderful" and "we're gonna tell you how great this place is" when they're doing things like they're doing and I'm not even talking about some of the other things they're doing, I'm talking about, I'm just talking about institutional racism, not allowing people to perform on a show that would normally be allowed to perform on a show, not just because of their gender but because of where they come from, and again, in one case going backwards not going forwards, and maybe in ten years they'll allow women to perform, that's well and good and in ten years maybe I'll have a different viewpoint on this.

And people are going "well, WWE coming is to going to help them change!" and it's like; that is fucking bullshit. WWE was paid to give a political advertisement. They will make changes how they ever want to make changes and they may have people who want to make changes and that's well and good in time but WWE is not going to have any influence whatsoever on their changes. If WWE was going to have influence on their changes they would go in there and go "okay, we won't put women wrestlers on this show because you're not comfortable with it, but let them come backstage and do interviews, your audience doesn't even have to see it but that's a little bit of a change." If that happened you know what I'd go hey, it's a small thing. It didn't happen, I saw no evidence of any small things other than a guy being told a week ago "you know, you can't come" "we don't want you coming" or "you're off the show." and all the women not being on the show. I'm sorry, that's just... I can't handle that. If something like that happened in this country I would just be so furious if they just said "you can't perform here because you're from..." whatever "..you're from Syria, you're from Iran, your colour is different from my colour, you can't perform on my show even though you can perform any other place." I'm sorry, that's a line I can't go through, and I know they're getting a ton of money and that's why they did it. If they just did the show, and they didn't say how great this place was and that's all it was then I would feel a lot different about the show but they didn't, it was very transparent what this was and there was no subtlety to it. I mean, even if there was subtlety I would say the same thing but this was just... the commentators having to do that, it was just so bad. It was like watching some propaganda from a war from 70 years ago that I'm watching in 2018.

Started reviewing the show and then came back to it a few moments later.

I kinda wanna also make a point, because I'm older than a lot of people that are listening to this, so I was actually alive in the 60's when there was a lot of racial turmoil in this country, not that there isn't now but there was a lot more then. And every excuse I heard for what WWE is doing "oh, you know, you gotta give them time to change.." things like that. Every one of those excuses were the excuses to continue discrimination in places in the United States in the 60's. And probably there were the same excuses long before any of us were born for slavery and things like that, and continuing slavery "oh we've gotta... it's slow.. it can't..." Everything I heard, I think this is what made me so fired up today, it's because I'm reading this stuff and it's like, when I was a kid I read all this stuff and this was such the wrong side of it. You can make excuses for anything but the reality is... don't get in to bed with people like this, don't tell me how great they are. Same thing I would hear by Southern politicians "it's so great here!" and "everyone's happy!" and "it's getting better!" whilst still having double standards, and Jim Crow and things like that were still not gone. When they're gone, let me know. They're not gone, don't tell me how great it is.

Entirely uninterrupted incidentally. When that guy gets going I genuinely think you could walk off and make a full Sunday roast and still come back to find him talking.

SenatorJPO
04-28-2018, 05:38 PM
It seems that when I interview for a job but don't receive the offer, half-the-time a woman is offered it instead.*

(*As-far-as I know, as the only way I know is by searching LinkedIn for people who were recently hired into the job title I had been pursuing in my geographic area. The hiring managers never tell me who they chose, or even what part of my background they thought needed improvement. I'm incredibly well-spoken at interviews, thanks-in-part to hosting the "WPR Rebuttal" podcast.)

But with so-few women working in Saudi Arabia, my chances at getting a job offer should improve, if I were to (somehow) relocate there and stump for work.

Yeah, maybe I should move to Saudi Arabia for a job! #SoCrazyItMightWork

While I might not the get the cushiest public-sector job, I do have a public admin. degree which -- while seemingly counting for nothing in America, per my lack of job offers in the field -- ought to be respected by some Saudi headhunter. #EvenThough #UWMilwaukeeSucks

Triple A
04-28-2018, 05:41 PM
Meltzer made another point somewhere like what if it was "sorry, no blacks allowed" instead of women? Would WWE still be like, "oh, it's just cultural differences..." while still taking hundreds of millions of dollars from them and putting on a show with no black people?

Shadrick
04-28-2018, 05:51 PM
I kinda wanna also make a point, because I'm older than a lot of people that are listening to this, so I was actually alive in the 60's when there was a lot of racial turmoil in this country, not that there isn't now but there was a lot more then. And every excuse I heard for what WWE is doing "oh, you know, you gotta give them time to change.." things like that. Every one of those excuses were the excuses to continue discrimination in places in the United States in the 60's. And probably there were the same excuses long before any of us were born for slavery and things like that, and continuing slavery "oh we've gotta... it's slow.. it can't..." Everything I heard, I think this is what made me so fired up today, it's because I'm reading this stuff and it's like, when I was a kid I read all this stuff and this was such the wrong side of it. You can make excuses for anything but the reality is... don't get in to bed with people like this, don't tell me how great they are. Same thing I would hear by Southern politicians "it's so great here!" and "everyone's happy!" and "it's getting better!" whilst still having double standards, and Jim Crow and things like that were still not gone. When they're gone, let me know. They're not gone, don't tell me how great it is.

Thank you, Dave. As if you'll ever read this.

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Dave Meltzer FTW.

Shadrick
04-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Dave Meltzer FTW.

Dave Meltzer vs Eli Drake

Book it, Noid.

Shadrick
04-28-2018, 08:21 PM
"Dave Meltzer kills Eli Drake. Dave goes over." - The Notorious N.O.I.D.

Evil Vito
04-28-2018, 08:58 PM
Meltzer also compared calling a wrestling fan a mark to calling a black person a nigger.

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2018, 09:22 PM
Dave Meltzer vs Eli Drake

Book it, Noid.

Dave Melzter takes off his shirt and reveals how jacked he is. Eli Drake disintegrates into dust. Meltzer proceeds to cut a more coherent and charismatic promo than Drake, with "you know" punctuating every sentence, until it gets more over than "Dummy! Yeah! Dummy! Yeah!" ever did.

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2018, 09:33 PM
Meltzer also compared calling a wrestling fan a mark to calling a black person a nigger.

Stupid thing to say, but that's taken way out of context. He said that they are both derogatory -- a stupid technicality to draw, and the wrong emphasis to place, but white guys say that dumb shit all the time. Men say that sort of shit about women all the time. Not to excuse it, but it's pretty clear the point he was trying to make was that the term was intended to be offensive, and wasn't drawing direct correlations between the suffering of oppressed people and wrestling fans. It's murky because he really can't speak to the power of the word and he's using it to try and frame the disdain associated with the term "mark."

Silly and frivolous, arguably too irreverntly articulated to explain such a loaded point, and there were about a million better ways to say things, but you can gather he thinks that using either word is bad. Not that they are as bad.

Shisen Kopf
04-28-2018, 10:01 PM
Oh noes they showed women in a promo. Fucking backwards ass country. Durka Mania is a very appropriate name for that show

Shisen Kopf
04-28-2018, 10:03 PM
Dave Meltzer FTW.

Meltzer sheep,,,,,

Shisen Kopf
04-28-2018, 10:04 PM

Mark stole my bike

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2018, 10:09 PM
Meltzer sheep,,,,,

I'm the black sheep of the Meltzer sheep.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-28-2018, 10:11 PM

I'd like to hear the context of this comment.

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2018, 10:12 PM
Holy shit, Corey Graves BLASTED Saudi Arabia on Twitter. I'm too lazy to post them, but they went along the lines of "At the end of the day, no matter how bad things get, at least our women have rights. #ifyougetityougetit" and "When money overshadows passion, is it still considered success?"

My personal respect for the man has gone up. But what's he doing in the Impact Zone?

It's actually a great time to say what you really think about the WWE if you work for them and are in a cushy position where if you were punished people would notice, because the company is so desperate for good PR that if they responded badly to someone raising a good point, it would shatter their image.

This is what happens when you build houses made out of glass.

Mr. Nerfect
04-28-2018, 10:15 PM
I'd like to hear the context of this comment.

I can't embed it, but the link is in here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/7r8o3b/dave_meltzer_really_compared_mark_to_the_nword/

Emperor Smeat
04-28-2018, 10:45 PM
Observer's Meltzer recently speculated WWE could be abandoning their Reigns experiment as a top star. His basis is WWE whiffing on giving him the title on back-to-back major events especially with one having a very pro-face crowd.

Holy shit, Corey Graves BLASTED Saudi Arabia on Twitter. I'm too lazy to post them, but they went along the lines of "At the end of the day, no matter how bad things get, at least our women have rights. #ifyougetityougetit" and "When money overshadows passion, is it still considered success?"

My personal respect for the man has gone up. But what's he doing in the Impact Zone?

It's actually a great time to say what you really think about the WWE if you work for them and are in a cushy position where if you were punished people would notice, because the company is so desperate for good PR that if they responded badly to someone raising a good point, it would shatter their image.

Must have quickly gotten rid of the others since only the money > passion tweet is still up.

Then again also a bit hollow to be blasting them now considering he worked on the show, had no problem to keep towing the company line, and likely got a very nice paycheck which neither Sami nor the women's roster gets.

Savio
04-28-2018, 11:10 PM

"What is Corton Headstones doing in the Impact Zone?"

Shisen Kopf
04-28-2018, 11:16 PM
I'm the black sheep of the Meltzer sheep.

*African-American sheep please. Lets be PC here

El Fangel
04-28-2018, 11:30 PM
Disappointed they had no bra and panties match.

Damian Rey 2.0
04-29-2018, 01:17 AM
"What is Corton Headstones doing in the Impact Zone?"

WHAT'S CARSON TOMBS DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE !?

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-29-2018, 03:13 AM
I can't embed it, but the link is in here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/7r8o3b/dave_meltzer_really_compared_mark_to_the_nword/

He said what he said in exactly the way I imagined.

#1-norm-fan
04-29-2018, 10:56 AM

I imagine if WWE were to respond it would just be something like "We hear and understand the concerns raised by Corey Graves. WWE strives for progress and will continue to work with Saudi Arabia in the hopes of making change, blah blah blah."

Sepholio
04-29-2018, 11:03 AM
Followed by "We wish Corey Graves the best in his future endeavors."

#1-norm-fan
04-29-2018, 11:18 AM
Wanna hear Stephanie McMahon discuss this situation just because the rationalization coming from her would be extra hilarious.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-29-2018, 11:19 AM
Especially since she's responsible for all women's wrestling that's ever existed since the beginning of time.

erickman
04-29-2018, 11:45 AM
when they go back in October, shine should do counter programing.

Danny Electric
04-29-2018, 03:19 PM
So next year in Saudi will be The Fabulous Moolah Royal Rumble and the female wrestlers have to come to the ring in chains surrounded by Saudi princes.

Shadrick
04-29-2018, 06:57 PM

yeah this isn't really telling the whole story of the comment as I heard the context that he meant it.

he can't really speak to the power of the word and how it feels when I hear it from a white person, or when I've been called it by a white person, but that aside, I actually understand the point he's making.

Anybody Thrilla
04-30-2018, 04:01 AM
They're both meant in a derogatory manner. Probably not to the same magnitude...but, yeah.

Mr. Nerfect
04-30-2018, 04:21 AM
I don't think white guys should use it as a framework for trying to relate something, because they don't know what it's like. Dave's not exactly Mr. Socially Intuitive.

Shadrick
04-30-2018, 07:12 AM
I don't think white guys should use it as a framework for trying to relate something, because they don't know what it's like. Dave's not exactly Mr. Socially Intuitive.

I have a friend who's white and he's a doctor. We were talking one day and he said "you know we both deal with 'unfortunate' things." like, when you get called the n-word by a white person, it's unfortunate. just like when i do work on a patient who doesn't have insurance, and i end up doing it for free, that's also unfortunate." I said "I know you mean well, but putting both under the umbrella as "unfortunate" while technically true, isn't really the best idea. i know you're trying to get me to relate to what you're saying but please find another example."

Mr. Nerfect
04-30-2018, 07:24 AM
I have a friend who's white and he's a doctor. We were talking one day and he said "you know we both deal with 'unfortunate' things." like, when you get called the n-word by a white person, it's unfortunate. just like when i do work on a patient who doesn't have insurance, and i end up doing it for free, that's also unfortunate." I said "I know you mean well, but putting both under the umbrella as "unfortunate" while technically true, isn't really the best idea. i know you're trying to get me to relate to what you're saying but please find another example."

:( Hopefully it doesn't happen all the time. It's to your credit that you can recognize people mean well.

Shadrick
04-30-2018, 07:48 AM
:( Hopefully it doesn't happen all the time. It's to your credit that you can recognize people mean well.

yeah I've been dealing with racism since I was like 4 years old, when I got a drink poured on me and called the n-word by a group of 4 white strangers driving by in a truck when I was literally just standing on the sidewalk next to my mom waiting in line for a baseball players autograph signing. like, i was a child lol, and i was trying to figure out what I did wrong to them. moms told me when i got older i'd understand what happened, and she was right.

i can usually tell when a white person means well when trying to use race to relate to me. I can usually tell when a white person is being hateful. and more interestingly, i can tell when they are using race/racism/the n-word/music, etc as an excuse to slick get away with saying the n-word. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
04-30-2018, 07:52 AM
My black friends are all like "Dude, this is nothing new. It's great you give a shit, but this is our experience all the time." Fucking sucks, and there's nothing we whities can really say to reconcile that, because we can't possibly understand what experiencing it is like.

That's an interesting sense to develop. I suppose when people try to get away with it so much, you kind of would develop a bullshit detector for that sort of thing.

Cool King
04-30-2018, 02:25 PM
The Greatest Survivor Series is coming!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Exclusive:<br>Turki Al-Sheikh announces another major show for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WWE?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WWE</a> to be held in November and will be in the capital Of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saudi?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Saudi</a> Arabia <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Riyadh?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Riyadh</a> <br> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%B8%D9%85_%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%84_%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A8%D9%84?src=hash&amp;ref_ src=twsrc%5Etfw">#اعظم_رويال_رامبل</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WWEGRR?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WWEGRR</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WWE?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WWE</a> <a href="https://t.co/J1kTQBCfl4">pic.twitter.com/J1kTQBCfl4</a></p>&mdash; Riyadh Report (@RiyadhReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/RiyadhReport/status/989909349769334784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 27, 2018</a></blockquote>

Ruien
04-30-2018, 03:05 PM
I would so be down for a show that had majority survivor series matches like old times.

Cool King
04-30-2018, 03:09 PM
So would I, but just not in Saudi Arabia.

Savio
04-30-2018, 03:19 PM
20 Man Elimination match!

#1-norm-fan
04-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Don't know if you're joking but I can honestly see them doing like a 15 vs 15 "Greatest Survivor Series" match.

Lock Jaw
04-30-2018, 04:43 PM
15 vs. Braun Strowman elimination match

Ruien
04-30-2018, 05:06 PM
So would I, but just not in Saudi Arabia.

If they get a womens match in the card this time would you be down?

Ruien
04-30-2018, 05:07 PM
15 vs. Braun Strowman elimination match

YES PLEASE!

Emperor Smeat
04-30-2018, 06:03 PM
Supposedly the crown prince specifically asked for 3 wrestlers to appear on this show and never realized all of them were dead to a degree. He wanted Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, and Undertaker for the show but could only get Taker for obvious reasons.

Also the Saudi sports commission shut down a women's gym and threatened fines/jail because women were exercising in gym gear.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/saudi-authorities-shut-down-women-12447280

Ruien
04-30-2018, 06:33 PM
That's really a good thing. It shows there are people who want change and willing to fight for that change. Good for her.

Sixx
04-30-2018, 06:41 PM

When you get hit with a tire iron and end up braindead it's unfortunate. When my daughter leaves her toys on the ground and I stub my toe on her dollhouse it is also unfortunate.

Emperor Smeat
04-30-2018, 07:10 PM
That's really a good thing. It shows there are people who want change and willing to fight for that change. Good for her.

Sort of. Yes that any lasting change has to happen from within but the video itself was just a promotional ad for the gym and not some sort of political statement. Only real saving grace is the woman's well-being likely isn't as seriously at risk unlike the last time a viral video was made in the country. In that incident, a manhunt got launched against just the woman in the video because she wore a dress outside and was walking by herself.

This happening right when WWE was in full PR mode for the Saudi government and their upcoming show is just another hit for WWE's image regarding this deal.

Ruien
04-30-2018, 07:12 PM
Not sort of. It's how change happens. People start doing shit and more people open their mind to thinking that it should be accepted.

Emperor Smeat
04-30-2018, 07:36 PM
Maybe in normal countries but not there. If anything happens, its because the king/prince wanted it done and the religious authority stopped complaining about it.

Only took until this year for the religious authority to finally stop complaining about the idea of women being able to drive and money being the only reason why movie theaters are no longer segregated. Women finally being able to drive was also tied to economic reasons and not because the country suddenly felt more liberal towards women rights.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2018, 07:40 AM
Don't know if you're joking but I can honestly see them doing like a 15 vs 15 "Greatest Survivor Series" match.

This is immediately what my mind went to. Not even joking.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2018, 07:44 AM
The country is called Saudi Arabia. It's named after and by the family that possesses it.

Shadrick
05-01-2018, 09:11 AM
When you get hit with a tire iron and end up braindead it's unfortunate. When my daughter leaves her toys on the ground and I stub my toe on her dollhouse it is also unfortunate.

When a meteorite hails towards Earth and kills all of mankind, its unfortunate.

When I accidentally enter the wrong password on my email and it locks me out for 5 minutes, that is also unfortunate.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-01-2018, 09:14 AM
When I get anal raped by a lady sumo wrestler wearing a strap on it's unfortu--nevermind it's actually pretty fortunate :cool:

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Arita Daivari is apparently getting death threats for this event, and went out of his way to clarify he is an actor, and that he was just playing a role and he loves Iran.

Cool King
05-01-2018, 11:30 AM
If they get a womens match in the card this time would you be down?

Not really, no.

Cool King
05-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Supposedly the crown prince specifically asked for 3 wrestlers to appear on this show and never realized all of them were dead to a degree. He wanted Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, and Undertaker for the show but could only get Taker for obvious reasons.

Also the Saudi sports commission shut down a women's gym and threatened fines/jail because women were exercising in gym gear.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/saudi-authorities-shut-down-women-12447280

Well I guess that would explain the random Sumo.

Evil Vito
05-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Arita Daivari is apparently getting death threats for this event, and went out of his way to clarify he is an actor, and that he was just playing a role and he loves Iran.

Who could've imagined that it was a bad idea to run a xenophobia angle in Saudi Arabia?

Sixx
05-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Wait, what angle are you guys talking about?

Triple A
05-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Not sort of. It's how change happens. People start doing shit and more people open their mind to thinking that it should be accepted.

Change won't happen until the monstrous cunt monarchy that has absolute control over the entire country is overthrown, and that will never happen as long as the US/UK/everyone sucks their cocks and sells them billions of dollars in weapons every year

Saudi Arabia is not a democracy where people can affect meaningful change... protesting is literally illegal and people are beheaded for it

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-01-2018, 02:15 PM
They need to bring back the Grand Match of Survival. Winners of Raw Vs. Raw and Smackdown Vs. Smackdown matches culminate in Raw Survivor Vs. Smackdown Survivors.

Frank Drebin
05-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Change won't happen until the monstrous cunt monarchy that has absolute control over the entire country is overthrown, and that will never happen as long as the US/UK/everyone sucks their cocks and sells them billions of dollars in weapons every year

Saudi Arabia is not a democracy where people can affect meaningful change... protesting is literally illegal and people are beheaded for it

Vince would love to have shows exclusively in places where Roman Reigns cannot get booed for fear of being beheaded.

Sixx
05-01-2018, 02:27 PM
They need to bring back the Grand Match of Survival. Winners of Raw Vs. Raw and Smackdown Vs. Smackdown matches culminate in Raw Survivor Vs. Smackdown Survivors.

What in the fuck does that even mean?

Cool King
05-01-2018, 02:41 PM
https://s7.postimg.cc/xlkj7ikp7/image.png

Ruien
05-01-2018, 03:42 PM

But if enough people start banding together they may be able to overthrow the government. When enough people demand the change it will come. And that lady in the video is someone setting that example.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2018, 05:57 PM
But if enough people start banding together they may be able to overthrow the government. When enough people demand the change it will come. And that lady in the video is someone setting that example.

Lol, that's propaganda, mate. I refuse to even watch the video because it will make me sick, but I sincerely doubt that woman was calling for a revolution as opposed to saying "everything's fine...everything's great...really..."

Do you really think that if enough people get together they're just going to be able to tell the Al Saud family to leave Saudi Arabia? And how is the WWE dining with the family in any way encouraging that? It's an absolute monarchy over there. The subjects do not get a say. They do not get a say to say that they want a say. That leads to death. If there is a revolution it will be bloody and likely an international incident.

Fignuts
05-01-2018, 07:00 PM
The more people get together to protest their situation, the more heads will be rolling on the ground. Simple as that.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2018, 07:06 PM
They might change the method of execution in order to be more time-efficient. They do have one of the largest military budgets in the world, and are also one of the largest arms importers.

#1-norm-fan
05-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Michael Cole said The Greatest Royal Rumble was the first step toward change in Saudi Arabia. I fully believe WWE has bought into their own delusional hype so much that they believe "WWE" will be in world history books in the near future after single-handedly bringing Saudi Arabia into the 21st century.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Is there any word on who actually put this deal together? It's such a politically inept move. Politics are hard to separate from everyday life, but there are ways to be far more "apolitical" than what they are doing. McDonald's treat their workers like shit, but it doesn't stop me from eating a Big Mac when I am drunk at 2am. People can't live in bubbles, even if every dollar we cast is a vote for the world we want to live in. Whatever. They've done shows in the country before. But who the fuck thought that entering into a 10-year PR relationship with them was a good idea?

The current world is so unpredictably transient that it is foolish to make predictions about what the world will look like in 2 years, let alone 10. I'm sure Vince had a lot to do with this, but it honestly feels a bit like a Triple H thing too. Remember when he thought that Guardians of the Galaxy, from Marvel Studios wasn't going to do well at the box office? He's pretty clueless about some things. I was kind of trying to just be "whatever" about the company doing it, because we all know they don't actually have morals, but it's the soppy propaganda during and around the show, and that statement from the Saudi government that they won't show women athletes on TV again that proved Triple H to be full of fucking shit within the same week he opened his mouth. We all knew he was full of shit, but dude -- the same fucking week it gets proven. It can't even be a couple of years down the line that the country proves it's got no interest in the bullshit agenda you are promoting for them?

No one can guarantee that the country is going to move forward. Triple H cannot make a promise that he will be able to get women on the show by 2028. I doubt even he would be foolish to say that publicly. They can't promise the country will move forward, or even that it wants to. It's absolutely bullshit and they had to go and make it one of their bullshit completely unsubtle token things.

Fignuts
05-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Michael Cole said The Greatest Royal Rumble was the first step toward change in Saudi Arabia. I fully believe WWE has bought into their own delusional hype so much that they believe "WWE" will be in world history books in the near future after single-handedly bringing Saudi Arabia into the 21st century.

If anything they made it worse by playing that promo in the middle of the event, causing officials to double down on their stance on women with that apology.

Fignuts
05-01-2018, 08:11 PM
Is there any word on who actually put this deal together? It's such a politically inept move. Politics are hard to separate from everyday life, but there are ways to be far more "apolitical" than what they are doing. McDonald's treat their workers like shit, but it doesn't stop me from eating a Big Mac when I am drunk at 2am. People can't live in bubbles, even if every dollar we cast is a vote for the world we want to live in. Whatever. They've done shows in the country before. But who the fuck thought that entering into a 10-year PR relationship with them was a good idea?

The current world is so unpredictably transient that it is foolish to make predictions about what the world will look like in 2 years, let alone 10. I'm sure Vince had a lot to do with this, but it honestly feels a bit like a Triple H thing too. Remember when he thought that Guardians of the Galaxy, from Marvel Studios wasn't going to do well at the box office? He's pretty clueless about some things. I was kind of trying to just be "whatever" about the company doing it, because we all know they don't actually have morals, but it's the soppy propaganda during and around the show, and that statement from the Saudi government that they won't show women athletes on TV again that proved Triple H to be full of fucking shit within the same week he opened his mouth. We all knew he was full of shit, but dude -- the same fucking week it gets proven. It can't even be a couple of years down the line that the country proves it's got no interest in the bullshit agenda you are promoting for them?

No one can guarantee that the country is going to move forward. Triple H cannot make a promise that he will be able to get women on the show by 2028. I doubt even he would be foolish to say that publicly. They can't promise the country will move forward, or even that it wants to. It's absolutely bullshit and they had to go and make it one of their bullshit completely unsubtle token things.

Probably has to do with greed, and the general public not really knowing how god awful Saudi Arabia is. I really don't think it's something that most people are educated about. I didn't really know much about it myself until Triple A started posting a lot about it a few years ago. I don't know if the government is influencing the press at all or what, but you don't see a lot about it in mainstream press. At least not as much about it as there should be, given how in deep we are with such shitty people.

I honestly don't know which is more stupid. Thinking that in 10 years time, that knowledge of Saudi Arabia's practices won't become more public knowledge or that they can actually influence change there.

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Yeah, you might be right. I know too many women that have lived in Saudi Arabia. It's an odd thing, because it's actually home to some of them, and as such they do have a fondness for elements of the place, but they talk either critically or eerily nonchalantly about not being able to drive, or go out in public and never going anywhere alone for their own safety, and that sort of thing. I've noticed they get increasingly more critical of the regime when they are away from it, and the most positive thing I've heard is "My partner made a lot of money."

I guess it isn't publicized that much. I am increasingly thinking it was a bad gamble to get so deep with them, because in 10 years, I think there's quite a good chance things will actually regress and that the money they are getting from the deal isn't going to be able to counter-balance the negative effect being in bed with them has. I imagine they have out clauses and all that, but it's going to be...interesting.

I don't believe the WWE does honestly believe they could influence change. I think they are hoping for change and hoping to piggy-back off it. Like they hope India will explode as an economy and that their attempt at history there will benefit them. Short-term they just care about the money, but I think they were genuinely hoping that they would eventually be able to put on a women's match in Saudi Arabia and make world headlines or something. But I think they're just going to look like asses.