Which you didn't. :D

Typical Leeds losing again.

The Mask
01-05-2004, 09:01 AM
looks like we have a youth team run out then :$

Mr. Monday Morning
01-05-2004, 09:25 AM
West Ham WTF

Goddammit no doubt Brooking will be all over the TV and radio putting a hex on us :mad:

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-05-2004, 09:46 AM
West Ham WTF

Goddammit no doubt Brooking will be all over the TV and radio putting a hex on us :mad:
He can't do that, he starts his new job as FA technical director today

Cactus Sid
01-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Newcastle :|

Wengerland
01-05-2004, 12:33 PM
meh we lost to Spurs at home in the league but then again we did beat Man City away in the league and drew in the cup,so hopefully we can win the replay cause i reckon we have a chance.

Quite a few all premiership ties so i'd think RBF would be the most pleased.:(

Y2Ant
01-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Newcastle :|

Nice easy win for the Toon there :shifty:

Cactus Sid
01-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Nice easy win for the Toon there :shifty:

Sadly I think your right.

Rob Ban Fan
01-05-2004, 03:52 PM
meh we lost to Spurs at home in the league but then again we did beat Man City away in the league and drew in the cup,so hopefully we can win the replay cause i reckon we have a chance.

Quite a few all premiership ties so i'd think RBF would be the most pleased.:(

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Look at it this way. If you get knocked out of Spurs theres no shame in that, you can move on. If we get knocked out by Scunthorpe we'll never hear the end of it :p

I swear to god though, if some Scunthorpe player injures any of our players ill kill them :@ We dont have that many left :(</font>

Y2Ant
01-05-2004, 04:05 PM
:eek: Calm down Owen :mad:

I bet Pompey lose, Newcastle probably will too :'(

We beat the scummers though :rofl:

Disturbed316
01-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Will it be another 4-3 thriller?

I doubt it :(

Y2Ant
01-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Still gonna be a 7-goal thriller though, 7-0 to the Toon anyone? :D

Liverpool will win, mark my words :mad:

packt up
01-05-2004, 06:41 PM
I think we are going to win :(.

Ant :cry: ({)?

All the people on my floor at univesity are scouse supporters - fun day out woo!

Y2Ant
01-05-2004, 08:53 PM
:cool:

Wengerland
01-06-2004, 12:21 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Look at it this way. If you get knocked out of Spurs theres no shame in that, you can move on. If we get knocked out by Scunthorpe we'll never hear the end of it :p

I swear to god though, if some Scunthorpe player injures any of our players ill kill them :@ We dont have that many left :(</font>

I seriously reckon we can beat Spurs,won't be too mad if we don't as league is top priority but if we can and then avoid the top 3 + winner of Newcastle/Liverpool then we can go to the quarters.:D (Then all we need to do is avoid Wycombe :$ ).

Barnsley are in better form than Blackpool though.:$

Rob
01-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Got a bit of a feeling that Everton might upset some teams this year.

Mike the Metal Ed
01-12-2004, 08:51 PM
GO LEICESTER!!!

GO NORTHAMPTON!!!

Mr. Monday Morning
01-13-2004, 09:18 AM
HOLY EXCESSIVE MIDDLESBORO DRAW!

We're gonna get pretty sick of them hey, but eh.

I got a feeling that the Harriers can roll Wolves in the replay

GO KIDDERMINSTER!!

:rant::rant::rant:

Ganea should play, if he doesn't do it against Kiddy then we're screwed for the league :cry:

Wengerland
01-13-2004, 11:30 AM
We need Izzet back in the team after Sunday's mess.:cry:

Dazz
01-13-2004, 01:32 PM

toxic rooster
01-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Dammit Kidderminster :cry:

Last time I used them on FIFA 2004, I beat Leeds 5-1 on world class :cool:

Stuart Brock = The goodzz

Mike the Metal Ed
01-13-2004, 08:01 PM
GO LEICESTER!!!

GO NORTHAMPTON!!!

YAY NORTHAMPTON

Come on City... :(

Mr. Monday Morning
01-14-2004, 05:01 AM
Oh well, good enough.

West Ham - David James in the next round :-\

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-14-2004, 05:05 AM
Oh well, good enough.

West Ham - David James in the next round :-\

Don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing

Wengerland
01-14-2004, 09:47 AM

...which isn't happening. :'(

Wengerland
01-14-2004, 09:50 AM

I got a laugh out of it,my dad asked where Nalis had been since the Wolves game so i said he'd gone to France for family grievances or something and then about 2 minutes later Nalis kept on giving the ball away every time he got it,so my dad said:

"PISS OFF BACK TO FRANCE YOU ****ING FROG"

Wengerland
01-14-2004, 09:50 AM
I got a laugh out of it,my dad asked where Nalis had been since the Wolves game so i said he'd gone to France for family grievances or something and then about 2 minutes later Nalis kept on giving the ball away every time he got it,so my dad said:

"PISS OFF BACK TO FRANCE YOU ****ING FROG"

no offence intended btw. :$

Dazz
02-14-2004, 09:44 AM
Gary Neville is a fu</>cking disgrace, its bad enough he dived, but his rection after was shocking. If he is going to dive, at least do it properly. And dont throw a big girly tantrum and try and start on the other team afterwards, (doesn't he remember from the Arsenal game at OT that his team mates are pussies?).

Headbutting McManananaman was stupid too, and then you get these moronic United fans claiming that people hate them because they are jealous. Well, actually, everyone hates them for the same reason that they hate Leeds and Millwall, they are dirty cunts.

P.S, Nistelrooy's goals combined were about 1 year out. how people can tell me he doesn't just score tap ins is beyond me. And City's defending is whack.

Rob
02-14-2004, 10:19 AM
Who says RVN doesn't score tap ins? No way was the second offside though.

Neville is a tool. Hopefully Roy Keane will beat the piss out of him later.

Oh yeah, Ronaldo can't cross :roll:

Mr. Monday Morning
02-14-2004, 10:23 AM
This competition is all the poorer for us not winning it this year.

That is all.

Dazz
02-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Who says RVN doesn't score tap ins? No way was the second offside though.

Neville is a tool. Hopefully Roy Keane will beat the piss out of him later.

Oh yeah, Ronaldo can't cross :roll:

Yeah I don't understand what the hell Sky sports were on about for that second goal, Nistelrooy wasn't in an offside position when it was crossed, nor was Keane when he headed it, and nor was Nistelrooy when he tapped it in.

People always say he scores good goals and can score from outside the six yard box, the only time I have seen him do this is from a penalty.

And Ferguson is wrong, no way should the ref have blown up after Neville's dive, he should have played advantage as Cuty were on the attack, and then when the ball went off, booked Neville.

LOL at when Fortune (i think it was him) skinned that City bloke for Ronaldo's goal, he looked liek a right twat.

Dazz
02-14-2004, 10:27 AM
This competition is all the poorer for us not winning it this year.

That is all.

You didn't even get very far in the jobber cup, you had no chance in the F.A cup

Mr. Monday Morning
02-14-2004, 10:31 AM
You didn't even get very far in the jobber cup, you had no chance in the F.A cup

That is because the jobber cup is for jobbers.

As witnessed by Middlesborough being in the final.

Dazz
02-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Their above you in the league. :roll:

Mr. Monday Morning
02-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Not saying much is it :p

Rob
02-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Martin Tyler and Andy 'Big Head' Gray are doing their best to label Ronaldo as a diver too but fu</>ck 'em.

The Mackem
02-14-2004, 02:44 PM
1-1 Sunderland/Birmingham

Wengerland
02-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Pretty good Manc derby.:y:

I was hoping Swansea could get through though.:(

Dazz
02-14-2004, 08:12 PM

:mad: DAMMIT, RBF asked me what the score was going to be before the match, I said 1-1, I wish I hadn't stopped betting a few weeks ago.

:rant:

Wengerland
02-14-2004, 08:26 PM

Sunderland did pretty well imo,looked like a premiership side for much of the game. :y:

Cactus Sid
02-15-2004, 07:23 AM
Martin Tyler and Andy 'Big Head' Gray are doing their best to label Ronaldo as a diver too but fu</>ck 'em.

What, your biggest fans turning against you?

Cactus Sid
02-15-2004, 07:24 AM
Sorry...bar the guy who always commentates on Man U on ITV

Mr. Monday Morning
02-15-2004, 09:01 AM
Clive Tyldesley :y:

Anyways, holy shit :eek: @ Reyes' first. You don't save those [/Soccer AM Andy Gray impersonation]

Dazz
02-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Yeah it was a good goal, I kinda pissed off about the match, I expected us to lose, but I dont think we deserved to. Durkin is a fu</>cking shit ref, but wasn't baised towards anyone, just plain aweful. The lino is blind. Good to se Mutu getting a goal, he's deserved one recently.

Rob
02-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Clive Tyldesley :y:

He commentated when we won the champions league so we love him! :love:

Dazz
02-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Jonathon Pearce is where its at.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-15-2004, 12:40 PM
He commentated when we won the champions league so we love him! :love:

As he helpfully reminds everyone by making a reference to 1999 every time he commentates on United in Europe :|

Mr. Monday Morning
02-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Jonathon Pearce is where its at.

Pearce is good :y:

Barry Davies is still great. Personally I like Peter Brackley as well (the guy who did Football Italia for C4, still does some for Premiership now). Alan Parry's not bad either.

On the other hand, Motson is the most annoying commentator I can think of :mad:

Dazz
02-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Pearce is good :y:

Barry Davies is still great. Personally I like Peter Brackley as well (the guy who did Football Italia for C4, still does some for Premiership now). Alan Parry's not bad either.

Motson has the ideal commentating voice, apparently.

I think that Gray and Tyler are the best duo by far.

good goal form Taylor, gives Pompey some hope.

Why the hell did they time waste at the end, from those corners, thats the best chance that they would have had to win, they aint gunna win at Fratton.

Y2Ant
02-15-2004, 01:45 PM
LOL Gary Neville diving, I have to see this

Rob Ban Fan
02-15-2004, 02:40 PM
good goal form Taylor, gives Pompey some hope.

Why the hell did they time waste at the end, from those corners, thats the best chance that they would have had to win, they aint gunna win at Fratton.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">because we had spent most of the game under the cosh and were lucky to have a draw, it would be stupid to risk it by taking a corner, only for them to hit us on the break, take it up the other end and score, just like what happened twice against Spurs last week.

And we have a good chance of winning at Fratton, we beat them last time, we got a draw just now and we have like the second best scoring record at home in the premiership behind Man U. I dunno, we'll wait and see i spose.

Steven Gerrard is the man though.</font>

Razor Rybek
02-15-2004, 02:51 PM
LOL Gary Neville diving, I have to see this

The dive was appaling, worthy of Klinsman himself, but seriously, although i dont think headbutting is a good advert for the game, even i would've nutted mcmanaman, what a knob jockey!

MILLWALL STILL ROCKING ALL THE WAY TO CARDIFF BABY!!!!

Wengerland
02-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Personally I like Peter Brackley as well (the guy who did Football Italia for C4, still does some for Premiership now)

Yeah i think Brackley's a great commentator and very underrated.

I also agree with the second point and Dazzs' that Tyler and Gray are the best duo.

Wengerland
02-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Yeah it was a good goal, I kinda pissed off about the match, I expected us to lose, but I dont think we deserved to. Durkin is a fu</>cking shit ref, but wasn't baised towards anyone, just plain aweful. The lino is blind. Good to se Mutu getting a goal, he's deserved one recently.

I saw what you meant about Ranieri's subs being poor.:$ Today he takes off Mutu who was looking your best threat and at the same time didn't bring on Crespo,i mean even if he's not fully fit he is still a good player and can score(as shown at Pompey in midweek). Gronkjaer wasn't the worst player either so maybe another bad decision but you definetly need a better sub keeper.

Lampard had a poor game though.:$

Cactus Sid
02-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Congrats to Pompey, lucky bastards :mad:

Rob Ban Fan
02-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Congrats to Pompey, lucky bastards :mad:

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Gerrard was the man, Owen was good too, so was Carragher. You should've wrapped the game up by halftime but at times your defence looked a bit shakey, we just couldn't take advantage of it.

as far as lucky goes, id rather have Patrik Berger and Steve Stone back than go through :(</font>

Rob
02-15-2004, 06:07 PM
I thought Pompey deserved something from that match. Liverpool have no tactics and it's clearly a matter of time before Houiller is gone. I think if they don't win the replay he is gone. Gerrard and Owen played well but that's about it for them. Smertin and Yakubu were really good for Portsmouth. Does Yakubu ever run out of energy? I don't think I've seen a striker run as much over 90 minutes (Paul Dickov is close but that's it).

Cactus Sid
02-15-2004, 07:24 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Gerrard was the man, Owen was good too, so was Carragher. You should've wrapped the game up by halftime but at times your defence looked a bit shakey, we just couldn't take advantage of it.

as far as lucky goes, id rather have Patrik Berger and Steve Stone back than go through :(</font>

Gerrard is the only Liverpool player who can hold his head up high at the moment, and you know something, all the talk is about Owen leaving, but if Gerrard has any sense, he'll get out when he can, and I wouldn't blame him if he did, the guy is in a different class to the rest of the side. Owen just doesn't have "it" anymore, to me he's just another striker, he plays well for England, because he gets service, Kewell, Cheryou and Le Tallec, just don't provide it. Carragher is quality, very underrated, very consistent, but is IMO being played out of position on the left, which is restricting him. The defence has been looking really shaky, so I think we need to bring back in Riise, sure he's attacking, but he has a good presence and a good header, and puts in good challenges, as well as going forward, the problem today and recently is that Houllier wants both full backs to go forward, which suits Finnan, but not Carragher, get Riise in, attack down that left and leave 3 men back is what I'd do. Riise and Kewell down the left should = service. I was completely shocked by your goal, cos I was talking to my mate one minute about how bad Heskey was, but at the same time the reason I think he should be played, the next minute all I saw was you scoring. I think that was your 1st or 2nd shot in the half?

Anyway, I really think you'll go through, your great at home, and Liverpool just have nothing at the moment, so :(

I thought Pompey deserved something from that match. Liverpool have no tactics and it's clearly a matter of time before Houiller is gone. I think if they don't win the replay he is gone. Gerrard and Owen played well but that's about it for them. Smertin and Yakubu were really good for Portsmouth. Does Yakubu ever run out of energy? I don't think I've seen a striker run as much over 90 minutes (Paul Dickov is close but that's it).

I disagree with Pompey deserving something. They defended well, but they barely attacked, Liverpool were all over them for most of the game, and should have won comfortably.

Liverpool's tactics are so varied, they make no sense. Switching wings for the wide men is stupid, it doesn't work, its been proven this season. We're still pumping high balls forward, even though Owen and Pongolle are midgets and Heskey can't head a ball to save his life. Today, when we were passing the ball around on the ground, one touch style, we were superb, and it was a joy to watch, but then, it might be successful, so Houllier wont touch it with a barge pole.

Houllier's gonna be out at the end of the season. The fans have turned against him, because he has no heart (not doing a bad joke). He doesn't know what his best 11 is, he doesn't have any idea about how to break teams down, he just doesn't have a clue. He persists in playing guys like Diouf, Biscan and Cheyrou, who all have had a few good moments (Diouf vs Blackburn, Biscan vs Everton (both away) and Cheryou for a couple of games) but that's it. We have no width, we have no speed, and we have strikers who don't make enough runs. Gerrard can't do everything, but Houllier is expecting him to do that. We need Cisse, we need a winger, and we need someone to replace Henchoz, Mexes and Cisse from Auxerre would be great signings, and it might be a long shot, but Pennant from Arsenal would be a great signing, he's quick, he can cross, he's got so much potential, he's not gonna get in the Arsenal side, and he's a Liverpool fan.

If we don't win the cup or qualify for the Champions League, Houllier is out. Hell, if we don't do both he should go.

Rob Ban Fan
02-15-2004, 07:38 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">The one touch football was superb but there was a lot of times when you just passed it round in circles rather than taking it forward and trying to get it into the box.

Kewell will be suspended for the replay and so will Amdy Faye. I dunno if thats a good thing about Kewell, will Diouf play? because he was terrible last time :$!

Yakubu can run and run all day, he just needs to work on his finishing and develop a good partnership with someone. He's only 21 though and this is his first full season in England so hopefully he'll develop into a great player. Smertin works his socks off, hopefully Chelsea will let us have him :o

Hopefully that goal will give Matty Taylor a bit more confidence. He's a really good player as anyone who saw him last season will tell you but he's been injured for a while and has lacked a little something since coming back. No ones really sure whether he's better at left back or left midfield but as you could see today and against Scunthorpe, he's confident infront of goal and had enough time to control the ball before making his shot, so some people are calling for him to be made a striker.

I wouldn't count yourselves out against us at home, im still gonna be wary of you, you're bound to be fired up for it. And when is the league game going to be played now? Because of your UEFA cup comitments, the replay has to be played next sunday, and we were meant to be playing you away in the league on the saturday :?:

And Rob, how's Neil Barrett been getting on at Dundee, any chance of you signing him perminantly, d'ya reckon?</font>

Wengerland
02-16-2004, 07:50 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">
Hopefully that goal will give Matty Taylor a bit more confidence. He's a really good player as anyone who saw him last season </font>

:wave:

but he scored that goal against Leicester. :wavesad:

Cactus Sid
02-16-2004, 09:04 AM
If I remember correctly the draw is as follows

Millwall vs Tranmere

Manchester United vs Fulham/West Ham

Birmingham/Sunderland vs Sheffield United

Liverpool/Portsmouth vs Arsenal

Yay... even if we beat Pompey we're out

Wengerland
02-16-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah that's the draw.

Its ok i guess,guaranteed 1 nationwide league club in the semi's.

Dazz
02-16-2004, 12:56 PM
I saw what you meant about Ranieri's subs being poor.:$ Today he takes off Mutu who was looking your best threat and at the same time didn't bring on Crespo,i mean even if he's not fully fit he is still a good player and can score(as shown at Pompey in midweek). Gronkjaer wasn't the worst player either so maybe another bad decision but you definetly need a better sub keeper.

Lampard had a poor game though.:$

Yeah I know, I hate it when he brings off Mutu, but he always does. :mad:, he scored the goal, and worked fu</>cking hard, he does SO much for the team. and then Jimmy does nothing and Ranieri leaves him on, and brings on Eidur who also does nowt. :wtf:

It REALLY annoys me that we realsed Rhys Evans, who is Englands under 21 first choice keeper, and bough Sullivan, Macho and Ambrosio. :|

And I don't think Lampard played badly, he just wasn't as good as usal, for the last five games or so he has played average.

Does Yakubu ever run out of energy? I don't think I've seen a striker run as much over 90 minutes (Paul Dickov is close but that's it).
ADRIAN MUTU :rant: :foc:

Rob
02-16-2004, 02:02 PM

And Rob, how's Neil Barrett been getting on at Dundee, any chance of you signing him perminantly, d'ya reckon?</font>

The papers seem to like him. What I've seen he looks aiight and he scored 2 last week for us so :y:

We are millions of pounds in debt so I really doubt we'll be signing anybody.

Wengerland
02-17-2004, 12:11 PM
And I don't think Lampard played badly, he just wasn't as good as usal, for the last five games or so he has played average.

Most of the time i've seen him(except fort Charlton at the Bridge ,can't remember how he played in the 4-2 against them),he's been good.Like in the Blackburn game where he should've had a hat-trick but i guess when i compare him to that he would seem poor on Sunday.Point taken.

Rob Ban Fan
02-17-2004, 03:58 PM
The papers seem to like him. What I've seen he looks aiight and he scored 2 last week for us so :y:

We are millions of pounds in debt so I really doubt we'll be signing anybody.

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">i doubt we'd want a fee for him, if you wanted him it would just be down to his wages.

and Liverpool, then Arsenal :'(</font>

Sin Harvest
02-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Ha'way Sunderland! Do Bobby Stokoe proud!

Sin Harvest
02-18-2004, 08:08 AM
Warnock doesn't want to play Sunderland in the next round, cuz he doesn't want to play someone from the same division. BOLLOCKS! The wanker doesn't want Sheffield United to play AWAY at Sunderland because the last time we played them, we outclassed them in every way.

Loose Cannon
02-18-2004, 09:43 AM
sorry, wrong thread

Rob Ban Fan
02-22-2004, 11:31 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">OHAFDASDFMOASFMSAOFMASMOFAS

Cactus Sid mate, im seriously not taking the piss when i say, honestly i hope this goes towards Houllier getting sacked in the summer. Liverpool deserve better than him.

The Ref was disgraceful, honestly TERRIBLE. safdadxfasfas SHAKA.

OOOOOOOOH YES.</font>

Dazz
02-22-2004, 12:40 PM
:cool: ave it scousers. I haven't seen the match, but I have heard about how much of a tit the ref was.

Still, your going to job to the Arse in the next round.

Wengerland
02-22-2004, 01:24 PM
lol that ref completely sucked,neither of them were penalties nor looked even close to being one.

Well done Pompey but Liverpool really need Houllier to leave and Owen to regain form,i mean they should have won again today from what i saw.

Cactus Sid
02-22-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm not gonna go on a rant, because I am completely fed up, and gutted.

Congratulations Pompey, I think we were by far the better side over the 2 games, but you did what you had to do, so good work.

Can't be arsed to say anything about Houllier or Owen, the Liverpool fans can say what they like about both, but fu</>ck all is being done.

Dazz
02-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Hey Sid, have you heard the song we sing? To the tune of the Only Fools and Horses Theme?

It goes:

*clears throat*

I'll Stick a Veron in me pocket,
I'll nick Glenn Johnson from West Ham.
Cos if you want the best 'uns,
But you don't ask questions,
Then Roman, he's your man
Cos where it all comes from is a mystery,
Is it the drugs money or is it the oil industry?
But here's the one that's drivin' me beserk,
How the fu</>ck is Houllier in work?
Nah nah na na nah, na na na na na na etc

Cactus Sid
02-22-2004, 02:00 PM
:lol:

:y:

Dazz
02-22-2004, 02:02 PM
I haven't yet heard us sing it, its on footballchants.org. My brother said he heard it when he went to watch us play reading away. I havent been to an away match, so perhaps we only sing it then.

Y2Ant
02-22-2004, 05:04 PM
LOL @ chant

Pompey deserved to win that, the referee was screwing them left and right :o

Team Sheep
02-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Anyone see Owen's penalty? That's got to be the worst penalty I've ever seen! He virtually passed it to the keeper!! :lol:

Cactus Sid
02-22-2004, 06:03 PM
LOL @ chant

Pompey deserved to win that, the referee was screwing them left and right :o

The ref was sh</>ite, no doubt, but I still think Liverpool were the better side. They played well, they just didn't create any chances.

Also, I said to my mate as soon as Owen picked up the ball "If Murphy was taking it, 1-0, he's gonna miss" the guy showed no confidence what so ever, and I actually hope we sell the bastard in the summer. If he wont sign a new contract, screw him, he's not helping the cause.

Rob Ban Fan
02-22-2004, 06:25 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah, when Owen was about to take it i had this feeling Shaka was gonna save it. Ive never had that feeling before, apart from earlier in the season when Owen missed that penalty against Chelsea.

Must be an Owen thing i spose.

Baros looked good today.</font>

Loose Cannon
02-22-2004, 08:27 PM
^^^I'm actually watching that game right now. I just saw the penalty by Owen and it wasn't a great shot at all.

packt up
02-22-2004, 09:44 PM
LOL @ CHANT must spread around before i rep you again dazz :'(

Anyway I liked the fact that Scousefiends went out cos the people on my floor are generally Scouse fans - gives me something to get at them for a bit :). (poor Cactus ({))

On a totally new point (I think) what do people think of Arsenal getting to keep the cup if they win it for a third time?? Blackburn did it way back apparently but they are one of the people pushing for them to keep it if they win it again. Personally I think it would be a great achievement and something that should be recognised but I dunno about giving the cup to them permanently :muh: so yeah what do you think punks? :mad:

packt up
02-22-2004, 09:46 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">yeah, when Owen was about to take it i had this feeling Shaka was gonna save it. Ive never had that feeling before, apart from earlier in the season when Owen missed that penalty against Chelsea.

Must be an Owen thing i spose.

Baros looked good today.</font>

Yeah maybe he felt bad about it being such a shitty penalty decision? Maybe subliminally or something i dunno.

Or maybe it was just a shit penalty :)

Oh and Baros looked like Chris Coleman :y:

Ogen
02-22-2004, 10:05 PM
Yeah give em the cup they deserve it unbeaten in the cup since 2001 is a nice little title

Cactus Sid
02-23-2004, 04:21 AM
Owen just has no conviction about his penalties, he doesnt look like he wants to take it, if thats the case, he should have given it to Murphy.

Also, Milan Baros is the man, I have been saying time and time again that the lad has some quality to him, and Houllier needs to bring him back, bar Gerrard he was our best player yesterday.

The Mackem
02-23-2004, 05:44 AM
That's funny because I always considered him the best penalty taker in the country until just recently.

Sunderland's replay with Birmingham is coming up mid week.

Shame we got thrashed by Cardiff on Saturday and probably have no confidence again :(

packt up
02-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Answer my question punks :mad:

Part from Ogen :love:

Rob Ban Fan
02-23-2004, 04:12 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">well its not like its the original trophy anyway, is it? Im fairly sure its been replaced in the past or whatever.

And besides, they've got to actually win the thing for a 3rd time first :p and Portsmouth stand in their way :shifty:</font>

Razor Rybek
02-23-2004, 04:44 PM

and Portsmouth stand in their way :shifty:</font>

As do the SUPER LIONS!!!, my good man. Wisey will lead us to Cardiff this year and FA Cup glory :y:

Dazz
02-23-2004, 05:10 PM
:lol: ^

The Mackem
02-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah Dazz is right, Sunderland's name is already on the trophy.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Yeah Dazz is right, Sunderland's name is already on the trophy.

Right next to 1973 ;)

Dazz
02-24-2004, 01:32 PM
What? Whats going on?

I didn't say anything.

Wengerland
02-25-2004, 09:36 AM
The last Millwall manager was a failed Leicester manager and now the current one is a failed Leicester player,so they should have no chance.

Looks like they'll get to the semi's though.

The Mackem
02-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Sunderland 2 Birmingham 0 A.E.T

Boo yeah! Who says we aren't going to win the cup :D

Dazz
02-25-2004, 05:33 PM
I do :$

The Mackem
02-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Sheff Utd next at home. Oh Dazz, if you're a betting man, I'd put you're entire bank balance on Sunderland bringing the Fa Cup back home.

What will be, will be!

Dazz
02-25-2004, 05:39 PM
I used to be a betting man. But I have cut down lately, only made two bets this yea,r I lost one, and the other I dunno about till June/July time.

Wengerland
02-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Great result for Sunderland and it gives me confidence as we play Birmingham at St. Andrews after Wolves.

The Mackem
02-25-2004, 05:41 PM
I better pitch a tent outside the SOL ticket office. The final tickets will sell like hotcakes.

Sin Harvest
02-25-2004, 06:08 PM
Sunderland for the cup, beating Arsenal in the semi's just like in 1973, BRING IT!

Y2Ant
02-25-2004, 06:10 PM
That reminds me, I need to put a bet on Euro 2004

The Mackem
02-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Sunderland for the cup, beating Arsenal in the semi's just like in 1973, BRING IT!

You know it Sin *high five*

Dazz
02-25-2004, 06:52 PM
That reminds me, I need to put a bet on Euro 2004

I did yesterday

Germany - 16/1

I bet £5.57, I win £95 if they win it. :cool:

Y2Ant
02-25-2004, 07:06 PM
:o nice, who are the top teams odds-wise for it?

I usually go for Italy, but I dunno

Mr. Monday Morning
02-25-2004, 07:53 PM
France 10/3

Italy 4/1

Portugal 13/2

Holland 13/2

Spain 7/1

England 7/1

Czech Rep 12/1

Germany 18/1

Sweden 25/1

Denmark 28/1

Bulgaria 50/1

Russia 66/1

Greece 66/1

Croatia 80/1

Switzerland 100/1

Latvia 500/1

Mr. Monday Morning
02-25-2004, 07:54 PM
I'd actually be tempted by Spain at that price, even given their shoddy history in tournaments :o

Y2Ant
02-26-2004, 12:24 AM
France 10/3
Italy 4/1
Portugal 13/2
Holland 13/2
Spain 7/1
England 7/1
Czech Rep 12/1
Germany 18/1

hmmmm :mad:

Sin Harvest
02-26-2004, 05:22 AM
You know it Sin *high five*

DAMN RIGHT! *high five*

Rob Ban Fan
02-26-2004, 10:43 AM
<Font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Ive got a tenner on England and a tenner on Germany.</font>

Mr. Monday Morning
02-26-2004, 12:17 PM
<Font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Ive got a tenner on England and a tenner on Germany.</font>

Traitor :mad:

Rob Ban Fan
02-26-2004, 12:23 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I was gonna put it on Italy but the odds were better for Germany :$</font>

Y2Ant
02-26-2004, 01:14 PM
you nob

i'm thinking Italy or Czech Republic or Holland, hmmm

Wengerland
02-26-2004, 01:47 PM
I'd go Czech Republic or England at those odds.

Depending on when my exams finish i might be going to the championships.:D!

Dazz
02-26-2004, 02:26 PM

But you doubted me when I said Germany would win it.

And MMM, where do you go to bet? Ladbrokes do it at 16/1 for Germany.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Those came from William Hill *shrug*

Cactus Sid
03-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Just finished watching the Man U game and a few things I thought

Firstly, while Fulham put in a few tough challenges, with a few deserved bookings, I lost count of the number of stupid decisions which were given in favour of United, it was ridiculous, United were the better side, I'll admit, but damn they got a lot in their favour, I guess the ref had to make up for giving a penalty at Old Trafford.

My main problem is with Gray and Tyler, they are so fu</>cking biased to United. When the second goal went in, they both had orgasms over it, how amazing the goal was etc.... it was just a goal, Ronaldo outpaced some young full back (who was sh</>ite) put across a ball and suprise suprise Van Nistelrooy put it in from 4 yards, they acted like it was the goal of the season.

Not just that, but for 90 minutes all they talk about is United this, United that, Fulham barely get a mention, and when the game was getting into the last 15 minutes all they talked about is where United where going, and how they were coping, and all this stuff bumming United, it was just sickening to listen too.

Of course, the United fans will say different, but if you just listen to these guys, they are just so up Ferguson's ass it's unbelivable

Wengerland
03-06-2004, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't say Gray and Tyler were really biased,Gray questioned a load of the shitty decisions from the ref and i didn't really think they went that mad over the United goals.In fairness though after the penalty was scored i'd have never have known it from the commentary as at the time i was talking to someone,penalty was taken and then there seemed to be silence,so your right about them there.Plus they did mention Fulham much more.

Fulham looked decent and at time very good in the first half but faded badly in the second,then again United(apart from the goal) rarely troubled Van Der Sar.

First penalty scored by an away side at Old Trafford in some 12 years i believe.

Rob
03-06-2004, 11:19 AM
What are you on about? Those two dickheads have done their best all season to label Ronaldo as a diver who can't cross.

Some many away teams have missed penalties at OT in those 12 years by the way?

Cactus Sid
03-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Isn't that what Ronaldo is though :p

Rob
03-06-2004, 12:27 PM
:rofl: Coming from a Liverpool fan hahahahaha

Cactus Sid
03-06-2004, 02:01 PM
:rofl: Coming from a Liverpool fan hahahahaha

I was kidding :wtf:

Ronaldo has the potential to be a top class player, I'm not gonna deny that

Rob
03-06-2004, 02:14 PM
I was kidding :wtf:

Ronaldo has the potential to be a top class player, I'm not gonna deny that

I know you were kidding :wtf:

What's the deal with Heskey anyways? He is the biggest player in the Premiership and he goes down like a 5 year old in the box.

Cactus Sid
03-06-2004, 03:20 PM
I know you were kidding :wtf:

What's the deal with Heskey anyways? He is the biggest player in the Premiership and he goes down like a 5 year old in the box.

Errr, ok.

Anyway, Heskey is a big sack of sh</>it, he falls over because he attempts to make up for his lack of talent by winning us free kicks, same as Diouf

Cactus Sid
03-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Also, Arsenal were just....unbelievable, mind blowing, etc.... They are just a different class to the rest of the Premiership

BUT, three cheers to the Pompey fans, absolutely brilliant, best fans in the league, still cheering when they were 5-0 down, and it was fantastic when Arsenal scored and the Great Escape didn't stop, good for them, regardless of the score, that was one of the best things I've seen and heard in Football for a long time

Ricky
03-06-2004, 03:24 PM
WE ARE PORTSMOUTH LETS ALL SING GREAT ESCAPE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Cactus Sid
03-06-2004, 03:29 PM
WE ARE PORTSMOUTH TOWN LETS ALL SING GREAT ESCAPE OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

I thought it was fu</>cking brilliant

Ricky
03-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Yeah it was.

Sin Harvest
03-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Arsenal were simply incredible, Sunderlands still gonna win it though...

Wengerland
03-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Some many away teams have missed penalties at OT in those 12 years by the way?

I know,including Muzzy Izzet for us a few years ago,i was just stating a fact.Not many teams go that long without conceding a goal from a penalty.

Rob Ban Fan
03-06-2004, 07:21 PM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Incredible atmosphere today, Arsenal were amazing. Henry is a class player and a class act all round, he came on the pitch at the end to clap the Pompey fans and was very complimentary in his interview afterwards (apparently, i never saw it)

The Great Escape bit was just bizzare. It came from nowhere and 3 sides of the ground were on their feet just getting louder and louder.

Still, Arsenal are an amazing team, no denying that...shame about their fans :$ Sheffield Wednesday were bottom of the league last season and took up about 1/6th of the space Arsenal took up but the difference in noise created between the two was unbelievable.

Ah well, good luck Sunderland, Millwall, Tranmere, Man U, The Blades and Arsenal I spose :D</font>

Cactus Sid
03-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey, even if they did chant they wouldn't get a look in from your lot, fantastic :y:

Y2Ant
03-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Have it Pompey :foc:

packt up
03-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Andy Gray and Martin Tyler do love Man U in my opinion they bang on about them a hell of a lot. Having said that Man U have more fans than anyone else so its not really a big deal just grates on me sometimes - they blow some things outa proportion.

The guy on the Premiership is better - the guy who always commentates on Man U, Clive Tyldsley I think?!?! I remember he ****ing jizzed in his pants when Man U levelled against Boro. He even said something along the lines of "yeah you knew it was going straight in after that flick in" when it came from a long throw :| and he banged on about Ryan Giggs' chest. Then he nearly cried when Boro scored a third. I laughed my ass off.

packt up
03-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Oh and Arsenal were just :drool:

But the Pompey fans kicked ass.

Cactus Sid
03-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Good game between Millwall and Tranmere, and Sunderland are through as well.

Dazz
03-07-2004, 01:40 PM

Still, Arsenal are an amazing team, no denying that...shame about their fans :$ Sheffield Wednesday were bottom of the league last season and took up about 1/6th of the space Arsenal took up but the difference in noise created between the two was unbelievable.

</font>

Yeah like I said before, Arsenal's fans are shocking, they were 5-0 up and wouldn't sing against you, they wouldn't sing against us.

And yeah Pompey fans were great, thats why I want them to stay up. <font color="black"> Well, actually I want them to go down so I can laugh at RBF.</color>

Ricky
03-07-2004, 01:43 PM
I want them to go down just so I can go there next season.

The Mackem
03-07-2004, 02:29 PM
1-0 Sunderland are the FA Cup winners 2004. :cool:

Dazz
03-07-2004, 04:47 PM
If Sunderland win the F.A Cup, I wil...

Ah fu</>ck I'll do nothing actually, I'll just be very shocked. But pleased that United or the Arse didn't win it.

Sin Harvest
03-08-2004, 04:35 AM
1-0 Sunderland are the FA Cup winners 2004. :cool:

How true. Even if Sunderland go out in the semi's, its still an awesome achievement for a team that went down as the WORST team to ever play in the Premiership last season.

4 hours 'til the semi-final draw, my Dad said it would be more than likely played at Hillsborough if we are drawn against Arsenal, just like it was back in 1973. I think it'll be Old Trafford.

HA'WAY THE LADS!!!!!

Dazz
03-08-2004, 08:43 AM
Arsenal Vs Manchester United.

Tranmere/Milwall Vs Sunderland.

:|

I hope Milwall win it, Dennis Wise. :cool:

Sin Harvest
03-08-2004, 08:43 AM
Sunderland vs. Millwall or Tranmere Rovers

Arsenal vs. Manchester United

:love: :love: :love: :love: We've been done a HUGE favour here! What an oppurtunity, a Nationwide team guaranteed for the final!

Final prediction: Sunderland vs. Arsenal

Sin Harvest
03-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Damn it Dazz, beat me to it!

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-08-2004, 08:45 AM
VERY VERY suprised that Arsenal and Man Utd got drawn together

WHAT A WASTE OF A UEFA CUP PLACE THIS IS

TRANMERE, SUNDERLAND OR MILLWALL WILL BE PLAYIGN IN EUROPE NEXT SEASON

Dazz
03-08-2004, 08:49 AM
I know what you mean PR, but how can you be VERY VERY suprised the chances of them being drawn together were 1 in 3.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-08-2004, 08:51 AM
I know what you mean PR, but how can you be VERY VERY suprised the chances of them being drawn together were 1 in 3.
That they didn't fix the draw somehow is what I meant. Oh well makes it more interesting now

Dazz
03-08-2004, 08:52 AM
This is why I say for you to stay out of the forum PR :foc:

Also, I think it will be Arsenal Vs Millwall in the final.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-08-2004, 09:07 AM
This is why I say for you to stay out of the forum PR :foc:

I haven't done it for awhile:D

Cactus Sid
03-08-2004, 11:08 AM
I disgaree with it being a waste of a Uefa Cup place, for me it just simply adds to the fantasy of the F.A Cup, fantastic draw, and I am so pleased that a lower league side will get the opportunity of a lifetime

Mr. Monday Morning
03-08-2004, 11:16 AM
I disgaree with it being a waste of a Uefa Cup place, for me it just simply adds to the fantasy of the F.A Cup, fantastic draw, and I am so pleased that a lower league side will get the opportunity of a lifetime

:y:

Danny Electric
03-08-2004, 11:26 AM
:y: :y:

Rob Ban Fan
03-08-2004, 12:27 PM
<Font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">I've never really liked the idea of a loser in a cup final getting a UEFA Cup place, not because i have a problem with Nationwide clubs playing in Europe, i just don't think runners up should get a place. However, thats the way it is.

However, i reckon Sunderland are going to be the club to get to the final, which should be good because they have great supporters but they've also got a good chance of grabbing a play off place so you never know, by the time they start playing in the UEFA Cup, they could be a prem team again :p</font>

The Mackem
03-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Confidence is high. We've got a really good chance of getting to the final, however Millwall and Tranmere aren't easy teams to play against. We've got to make the most of it though, these things only come around once every ten years or so for a team like Sunderland.

The Mackem
03-08-2004, 01:33 PM
BTW if Runners up in the FA Cup don't deserve a place in the Uefa cup, do the teams that finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th deserve a place in the Champions League :?:

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-08-2004, 02:42 PM
BTW if Runners up in the FA Cup don't deserve a place in the Uefa cup, do the teams that finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th deserve a place in the Champions League :?:
Hmmm good point, but then again they are the top 4 sides in england whereas anyone can become runners up in either of the cup competitions

Rob Ban Fan
03-08-2004, 03:26 PM

<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Nah, i dont really agree with that either, ive always thought the winners of the FA Cup should get a champions league spot (if they dont have one already) and also the league cup winners, so hopefully manager would start taking it a bit more seriously, rather than putting out 2nd string sides :p </font>

The Mackem
03-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Hmmm good point, but then again they are the top 4 sides in england whereas anyone can become runners up in either of the cup competitions

Whoever loses between the Man utd and Arsenal match can not.

Face it, Millwall, Sunderland and Tranmere are unbeaten in the cup and are therefore just as entitled to be in the FA Cup Final and earning a possible Uefa Cup place as anyone else. It's not our fault a lot of Premiership sides are out of the competition. Maybe if they were as good as Sunderland they'd still be in :D

Dice
03-08-2004, 03:59 PM
arsenal will be united and then win the cup easily, but it will be nice to see them stuff someone in the final.. saturday was jus a preview...

Razor Rybek
03-08-2004, 04:07 PM
I hope Milwall win it, Dennis Wise. :cool:

Its on,Its on. Even if we don't win it and get to the final, we still in europe baby!! :yes:

I can see it now.......

The venue: The New Den
Attendance:22,000
The home side: Wiseys super Lion's
The op██████████ AC ****ING MILAN BABY YEAH :drool:

Rob
03-08-2004, 06:02 PM
I know,including Muzzy Izzet for us a few years ago,i was just stating a fact.Not many teams go that long without conceding a goal from a penalty.

Fair enough. Paul Barnes of York City scored a penalty at OT in 1996 (I think) so it hasn't been 12 years though.

As for the cup draw... Arsenal? WE'LL SH</>IT 'EM!!! :rant:

Cactus Sid
03-09-2004, 05:21 AM
Oh yeah, looks like United/Arsenal is going to be played at the Millenium Stadium on Saturday the 3rd of April, rather than the 4th, this is so more people can watch it, and both sides can have an extra day off for the Champions League (if they are both still in it)

Dazz
03-09-2004, 06:58 AM
Surely that means that both cup semi finals have to be played there

Cactus Sid
03-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Well, Old Trafford has a similar capacity to the Millenium Stadium, so I dunno

Anyway, I think Man U have opposed the idea, seeing as they'll be out of the Champions League by then anyway

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-09-2004, 07:06 AM
Surely that means that both cup semi finals have to be played there
why??

Dazz
03-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Because it is what they do. It can be deemed unfair that the winner of the United/Arsenal game will be more used to the stadium when they play in the final.

I really don't think they can play it there. Not to mention how far the United fans will have to travel...

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Because it is what they do. It can be deemed unfair that the winner of the United/Arsenal game will be more used to the stadium when they play in the final.

I really don't think they can play it there. Not to mention how far the United fans will have to travel...
Oh yeah, I forgot they play the final there

Wengerland
03-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Fair enough. Paul Barnes of York City scored a penalty at OT in 1996 (I think) so it hasn't been 12 years though.

Fair enough,after the Newcastle game where Shearer should have got a penalty i read in one paper that the last player to score a penalty against United at OT was Ruel Fox for Norwich(12 years maybe slightly wrong),maybe that report meant a premiership penalty. :-\

packt up
03-09-2004, 12:50 PM
They failed in their effort to move it - its gonna take place at Villa Park.

Rob
03-09-2004, 01:51 PM
I wanted it in Cardiff myself. Anywhere bigger than Villa Park would have been better.

The Mackem
03-09-2004, 02:00 PM
I'm glad we're not playing at Villa Park.

Ogen
03-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Thou shalt not move cup ties from Villa Park we've done it for years now so leave our stadium in it

The Mackem
03-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Yeah, might help if Villa get to a semi one year.

packt up
03-10-2004, 12:58 AM
Ouch Mackem. :( :D

And O'leary ruled out the Intertoto so no chance there.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-10-2004, 06:05 AM
Yeah, might help if Villa get to a semi one year.
They were in the final in 2000

Dazz
03-10-2004, 09:42 AM
They were in the final in 2000

Shame they had James in goal. :lol:

Woooooooooooooooooooo! Go Blues.

ct2k
03-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Well i was at Prenton Park tonight, good match, great atmosphere as usual, but the referee was being inconsistent and that second Millwall goal was a joke. Bah, also Daniel Dichio is a twat. word

toxic rooster
03-16-2004, 08:35 PM
:eek:

We have an FA cup thread?

Dazz
03-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Yes, but since I started the thread and Chelsea are out the F.A cup I might request the deletion of this thread.

:foc:

Wengerland
04-03-2004, 06:10 AM
*bump*

No Henry or van Nistelrooy today,bit surprising Aliadiere picked ahead of Reyes.

Game is about to start now though.

Wengerland
04-03-2004, 06:17 AM
Jesus,what a start.:eek:

Carroll made a good one on one save from Bergkamp,then he had a shot cleared off the line.

Also,Edu just hit the bar with a chip and Carroll saved Toure's header from about 4 yards.

:y: good stuff

toxic rooster
04-03-2004, 07:05 AM
How long till Wenger brings on Henry/Reyes?

The Mask
04-03-2004, 07:11 AM
Ronaldo :love:

The Mask
04-03-2004, 08:03 AM
COME ON

The Mask
04-03-2004, 08:04 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wengerland
04-03-2004, 08:05 AM
Good stuff

The Mask
04-03-2004, 08:07 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

damn that was a tense match

toxic rooster
04-03-2004, 08:10 AM
Did I not say in the other thread I had a bad feeling about this game?

So, Premiership, ay?

The Mask
04-03-2004, 08:13 AM
yeah, you have that one. It's not even close enough to be tense about :rant:

as long as you don't win in europe, I'm happy :love:

Cactus Sid
04-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Arsenal were sh</>ite

Both teams are a bunch of cheating bastards (waits for Harvey to say different) I think the case of this game was that United didn't win because they were good, Arsenal lost because they played terrible.

Aside from his crap shot in injury time, Reyes played really well :y:

toxic rooster
04-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Yeah, let's just hope the Gunners don't burn out

The Mask
04-03-2004, 09:03 AM
nah, arsenal are cheating bastards, we're dirty bastards :shifty:

Wengerland
04-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Second half was quite poor,but i guess most would be compared to that first half.:(

Rob
04-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Arsenal were sh</>ite

Both teams are a bunch of cheating bastards (waits for Harvey to say different) I think the case of this game was that United didn't win because they were good, Arsenal lost because they played terrible.

Aside from his crap shot in injury time, Reyes played really well :y:

First off, told you we'd sh</>it 'em. :D

Aside from the odd hack, how did United cheat? Arsenal never stopped crying and diving and bitching to the ref. Arsenal clearly don't like it up them. Shame Chelsea can't take it to them or they would batter them on Tuesday night. Arsenal don't have a hope of winning the Champions League.

Sin Harvest
04-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Now we come to the other semi-final, the one that people actually give a toss about.

Ha'way the lads! Show the Geordies and the Smoggies how its done!

On a related note, a Manchester United-Sunderland final sounds sexier than a Manchester United-Milwall final.

The Mask
04-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah, if millwall get through, dazz will just swear at us and call us shit when we win 7-0, but if we get sunderland, i can taunt mackem into the night. I like the sound of that :love:

Sin Harvest
04-03-2004, 04:12 PM
We'll murder ya's mate :D :shifty:

The Mask
04-03-2004, 04:16 PM
knowing my luck, millwall or sunderland will beat us and then I'll have to hide for about a month :'(

Wengerland
04-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Oh yeah i have another reason to want Sunderland to win other than not being fond of Dennis Wise....Matt Piper.:cool

He better be getting in the team.:rant:

Wengerland
04-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Sunderland 0 Millwall 1

That was a pretty good game,i reckon Millwall maybe just deserved it.

Cactus Sid
04-04-2004, 10:11 AM
What a game, one of the best I have ever seen purely for drama

I tell you what, Millwall are gonna give United a run for there money in the cup final

The Mackem
04-04-2004, 11:21 AM
:'(

Dazz
04-04-2004, 11:39 AM
I have literally just woken up. I missed the whole game, I wanted to see it. :(

I am glad the Lions are in the final, Super Dennis Wise.

Rob
04-04-2004, 12:49 PM
What a game, one of the best I have ever seen purely for drama

I tell you what, Millwall are gonna give United a run for there money in the cup final

I'll bet you £50 they don't and I'll give you a goal start too.

The Mackem
04-04-2004, 02:58 PM
I dunno Rob, it takes a good side to beat Sunderland :shifty:

Jacko
04-04-2004, 04:17 PM
I have literally just woken up. I missed the whole game, I wanted to see it. :(

I am glad the Lions are in the final, Super Dennis Wise.

Your glad Millwall have gone through??? **** Dennis Wise this is Millwall the biggest scum in the world and Chelsea's biggest rival (historically) I still remembr a few years ago when they f'n invaded the pitch after they won on penalties... was f'n dangerous and I was only young at the time.

You my friend have sold your soul :o :'( :(

Cactus Sid
04-04-2004, 05:32 PM
I'll bet you £50 they don't and I'll give you a goal start too.

I think I should've made it a bit clearer.

Millwall are gonna lose, but they are gonna make it a bit uncomfortable for United, they'll be kicking you all over the pitch, and your boys wont like it

Dazz
04-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Your glad Millwall have gone through??? **** Dennis Wise this is Millwall the biggest scum in the world and Chelsea's biggest rival (historically) I still remembr a few years ago when they f'n invaded the pitch after they won on penalties... was f'n dangerous and I was only young at the time.

You my friend have sold your soul :o :'( :(

1995 was the year, that was almost a decade ago, not a few years ago. And bollocks don't other teams invade the pitch, I apologize on behalf of Millwall fans for being passionate.

Anyway, Dennis Wise is and always will be the man, top bloke too, I also want Millwall to go up, go cry about that too.

Sin Harvest
04-04-2004, 07:19 PM
Ah well, can't win them all I suppose. Millwall will have been better I expect (was at work when the match was going on).

Well, the season still goes on, and the Black Cats still have a chance of automatic promotion. Ha'way the lads!

As far as the cup goes, ha'way United! :shifty: Not often I say that...

The Mackem
04-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Ah well, can't win them all I suppose. Millwall will have been better I expect (was at work when the match was going on).

Well, the season still goes on, and the Black Cats still have a chance of automatic promotion. Ha'way the lads!

As far as the cup goes, ha'way United! :shifty: Not often I say that...

hold me :'(

Sin Harvest
04-04-2004, 07:27 PM
hold me :'(

*holds you* It'll be alright bro. Just think of it this way, we got further than Newcastle United and Middlesbrough! We had a chance of winning this cup, whereas Newcastle do NOT have a chance of UEFA Cup glory.

The Mackem
04-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Damn we didn't play too well but we had a load of chances to draw level or win the game, they did us proud on this cup run though :cool:

Kid Robb
04-04-2004, 10:39 PM
TIM CAHILL TIM CAHILL OLE OLE OLE

:love:

Come on Millwall

The Mackem
04-05-2004, 06:24 AM
Everytime Sunderland fail at something, it always seems that Kid Robb is responsible or had some part.

Sin Harvest
04-05-2004, 07:17 AM
He a Geordie/Smoggie fan or something?

The Mackem
04-05-2004, 08:46 AM
Australian :'(

yianni
04-05-2004, 09:26 AM
:lol: sorry about your lads Mackem, good game though to watch. :y:

The Mackem
04-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Do you think we've improved since last seaon?

Paranoid Rattlesnake
04-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Do you think we've improved since last seaon?
well you've got more than 19 points

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 10:47 AM
If Sunderland get promoted i think they'll need to buy a real goalscorer.

Sin Harvest
04-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Of course we've improved mate! We made a real mark in that tournament, but having said that, should we get promoted, I think Sunderland will find it amazingly difficult to survive in the Premiership next season, very young squad, lack of firepower up-front will be a problem, especially against the big guns such as Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea and even our rivals Newcastle.

As WWEngland said, we need a real goalscorer supplied for next season, Kevin Kyle and Marcus Stewart will not do, and I'm not too sure if Tommy Smith and Darren Byfield (as great as they have been) will be enough, we need a credible, proven goalscorer, which will be tough thanks to our limited budget. Survival after promotion (hopefully) next season will be a tremendous achievement. I hope Mick McCarthy doesn't do what Peter Reid did and buy...well...SHITE players at high prices!

Back to the point of the thread...umm...United to win!

Jacko
04-05-2004, 05:01 PM
1995 was the year, that was almost a decade ago, not a few years ago. And bollocks don't other teams invade the pitch, I apologize on behalf of Millwall fans for being passionate.

Anyway, Dennis Wise is and always will be the man, top bloke too, I also want Millwall to go up, go cry about that too.

Yes and I was there... I suppose you were to :roll:

If you think running onto pitches, stealing womens purses and stabbing balls are fun then please go ahead. I was just 9 at the time and I think it was a bit scary... considering all the Millwall fans tried to gain access to the EAST STAND lower section.

DOn't talk to be about Dennis Wise he's a nice guy.. he's my friends godfather ffs.. so I have met him on numerous occasions.. but screw him.. this is Millwall scum of the earth.. wake up and smell the coffee. They'd have no hesitation in wanting Chelsea to fail.

:roll:

Wengerland
04-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Of course we've improved mate! We made a real mark in that tournament, but having said that, should we get promoted, I think Sunderland will find it amazingly difficult to survive in the Premiership next season, very young squad, lack of firepower up-front will be a problem, especially against the big guns such as Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea and even our rivals Newcastle.

As WWEngland said, we need a real goalscorer supplied for next season, Kevin Kyle and Marcus Stewart will not do, and I'm not too sure if Tommy Smith and Darren Byfield (as great as they have been) will be enough, we need a credible, proven goalscorer, which will be tough thanks to our limited budget. Survival after promotion (hopefully) next season will be a tremendous achievement. I hope Mick McCarthy doesn't do what Peter Reid did and buy...well...SHITE players at high prices!

Back to the point of the thread...umm...United to win!

Also,play Matt Piper or sell him back to Leicester. :o

Dazz
04-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Yes and I was there... I suppose you were to :roll:

If you think running onto pitches, stealing womens purses and stabbing balls are fun then please go ahead. I was just 9 at the time and I think it was a bit scary... considering all the Millwall fans tried to gain access to the EAST STAND lower section.

DOn't talk to be about Dennis Wise he's a nice guy.. he's my friends godfather ffs.. so I have met him on numerous occasions.. but screw him.. this is Millwall scum of the earth.. wake up and smell the coffee. They'd have no hesitation in wanting Chelsea to fail.

:roll:

I like having Spurs in the Premeirship, not only for the six points, but also because of the atmoshphere. Just 2 seasons ago after we beat them at the Bridge, they were punching kids/women/anything in Chelsea shirts, the local Esso garage was full of meat wagons, and there were police horses everywhere and that didn't stop them. Rivalry is good in football. The away fans sit near the Matthew Harding stand lower, they can hold their own.

P.S I was also nine when Chelsea played Milwall last.

P.P.S I have this white shirt which says 'When Wise went up to lift the F.A Cup I was there' on it, and Dennis Wise wrote 'So Was I' and then signed it. :'( What a guy. He is a top top bloke.

Kid Robb
04-06-2004, 09:33 AM
:lol: Sorry Macks :D

Like I said on the Hole, gotta show love for the Australian.

Big up Sunderland.

I am a Chelsea fan though, so apparently there's some conflict in that and supporting Millwall?
Might be a case of my bad.

Wengerland
04-06-2004, 09:39 AM
You could just be a neutral Robb and say you just wanted Millwall because of Tim Cahill,like you would for other Aussies.:y:

Except Mark Viduka:mad:

Sin Harvest
04-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Also,play Matt Piper or sell him back to Leicester. :o

I'd play Piper.

Sell him back to Leicester, no chance! HAHAHAHA! :D

Paranoid Rattlesnake
05-22-2004, 10:26 AM
UNITED UNITED UNITED

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Ok then.

Keane and Wise are both fit to play.

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 11:49 AM
1-0 United.

Ronaldo after 44 minutes,pretty simple header.

JJ Moore
05-22-2004, 12:25 PM
ouch

JJ Moore
05-22-2004, 12:27 PM
VAn Nistelroy, penalty scored.

JJ Moore
05-22-2004, 12:27 PM
2-0 Man Utd

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Game over,more-or-less after that goal.

Millwall haven't offered too much.:-\

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 12:51 PM
3-0,classic Van Nistelrooy goal from 6 yard box.

JJ Moore
05-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Time, MILLWALL 4-3!!!!!!!! WHAT A ****ING UPSET!!!!!!! :lol:

JJ Moore
05-22-2004, 01:01 PM
nah joke utd won

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Can't remember Millwall getting a shot in really.

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Nice to see every Man Utd player wearing a Jimmy Davis shirt in the lap of honour too.:y:

Danny Electric
05-22-2004, 01:12 PM
United deserved to win, at the end they just had too much class.
Ronaldo had a great game but I would love to hit him, he just has one of those faces.

Danny Electric
05-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Nice to see every Man Utd player wearing a Jimmy Davis shirt in the lap of honour too.:y:

Was he the player they loaned out to Watford who died earlier this season.
If so :y:

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Yeah that's him.

Rob
05-22-2004, 01:54 PM
3-0,classic Van Nistelrooy goal from 6 yard box.

Yeah he should have stopped the ball, ran back 14 yards and then took a shot.

Dazz
05-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Good to see Dennis Wise get stuck in, he is still the man.

Good to see RvN prove me wrong, what with his 2 yard tap ins again, if someone can explain to me what he did to get Man of the Match I will give them a good rep, apart from score a two yard tap in and a penalty he did fu</>ck all. Ronaldo was clearly the best player on the park, and RvN as always did sweet fu</>ck all.

Was good for Millwall though, almost going to half time at 0-0, they did as best they could throughout the game, never looked like doing much, there corners were their best chances but they didnt take them.

At the end of the day, it was a great day out for their fans and the players, its good for smaller clubs to play in big games like that.

Wengerland
05-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Yeah he should have stopped the ball, ran back 14 yards and then took a shot.

I was just saying he's become well known for that,i see it as being in the right place at the right time.Didn't mean to sound judgemental or anything. :-\

Mr. Monday Morning
05-22-2004, 03:07 PM
DAMMIT

I knew I should've put money on Wise getting the 1st booking :'(

Mr. Monday Morning
05-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Also, man alive were Millwall shite. The only player who even looked remotely decent was Ifill, rest of them (Wise excepted) could barely control the ball. If that's the standard required to finish 10th in Div 1 now we should walk it.

Rob
05-22-2004, 03:11 PM
I was just saying he's become well known for that,i see it as being in the right place at the right time.Didn't mean to sound judgemental or anything. :-\

Fair enough. I would have had to have written the same thing for Dazz anyway since he just said the same thing.

And Dazz - Did Wise make a legit tackle in the whole game? That's when he wasn't giving Paul Scholes a sleeper, trying to break Ronaldo's leg or hugging Scholes in the box looking like he wanted to slip him the tongue?

Rob
05-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Also, man alive were Millwall shite. The only player who even looked remotely decent was Ifill, rest of them (Wise excepted) could barely control the ball. If that's the standard required to finish 10th in Div 1 now we should walk it.

I didn't think they were all that either. My old man watched the Scottish game and then asked me about how Sweeney played and I said the only player who you could even judge his performance was Ifill. It was 10 men behind the ball practically the whole time and they still let in 3.