PDA

View Full Version : Who's the champ?

dalegendkilla
11-30-2004, 11:52 AM
After RAW who is the champion, will there be a rematch, or is Triple H just champion, or will Edge & Benoit face each other next week for it?

Dave Youell
11-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Hmmm

Unfortunatly I sense another 3 way, which means Y2J doesn't get a title shot, which is a great shame

RemyRed
11-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Or Jerischmo will sign a Fatal 4-Way match

Xero
11-30-2004, 12:04 PM
I'm hoping, since Triple H had nothing to do with the final decision, that Jericho will have a Benoit vs. Edge match to decide who wins it. Or he could even throw himself in there.

But knowing WWE, it'll go back to Hunter somehow.

If they want to use this to their advantage, even if Triple H retains, they should vacate it and do a big tourney that will end at the Royal Rumble.

Kane Knight
11-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Bobcore.

Sephiroth
11-30-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm hoping on a 3 way with Y2J vs Edge vs Benoit, but it will probably be HHH vs Edge vs Benoit with HHH retaining in the end. :(

SuperSlim
11-30-2004, 01:13 PM
the most likely champ will be HHH

crash99
11-30-2004, 01:45 PM
the most likely champ will be HHH
unfortunatley... :n:

John la Rock
11-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Jericho is the GM. I don't see HHH getting a Title shot whatsoever

John la Rock
11-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Next Week I'd like to see GM Jericho announce a match between Edge and Chris Benoit and the winner would face Y2J in the main-event for the WORLD TITLE

Corkscrewed
11-30-2004, 04:38 PM
What I'd like to know is who they're announcing as champ during the house shows this week, or if they're even going to. They've slipped up on occasion and given hints before, so yeah.

Stickman
11-30-2004, 09:34 PM
I think it'd be kinda cool if Jericho makes Beniot V Edge V HHH for the gold on Raw, and the winner faces him at the next PPV.

Gone Mad
11-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Jericho will win the championship on his night as GM.

Three Words: Musical Chairs Tournament.

Nervous Ferret
11-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Jericho will win the championship on his night as GM.

Three Words: Musical Chairs Tournament. :lol:
My Dawg :shifty:
________
Firestone And Ford Tire Controversy (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Firestone_and_Ford_tire_controversy)

Bad Guy
11-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Probably some crap about tiebreaker goes to the champ (HHH). Then Jericho books himself in a match vs HHH on RAW next week.

I-Hate-You
11-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Or Jerischmo will sign a Fatal 4-Way match
Which means Triple H will win.

Which also means the last four weeks have been for nothing.

The CyNick
11-30-2004, 11:01 PM
If you go by the logic that the match ended in a a draw, therefore the champion retains the title, which means HHH is still da man.

My guess is that they'll just have a rematch next week, and the fans will feel like they've slapped int he face.

Fox
11-30-2004, 11:20 PM
But technically it didn't end in a draw. Somebody won that match.

Benoit was pinned and Edge tapped out, so one of those two men is the World Champion. Normally, in a 1 on 1 title match, in the event of a non-decision, the title goes back to the original holder. However, in a triple threat environment, the rules should be different. The champ wasn't involved in the double decision, therefore he should not be involved in the following title decision.

Dear God, please send this bit of logic to Vince McMahon before Monday night....

Volchok
11-30-2004, 11:28 PM
just please give Jericho the title.. thats all i ask, one nice run with Jericho as World Champ...

The CyNick
11-30-2004, 11:30 PM
But technically it didn't end in a draw. Somebody won that match.

Benoit was pinned and Edge tapped out, so one of those two men is the World Champion. Normally, in a 1 on 1 title match, in the event of a non-decision, the title goes back to the original holder. However, in a triple threat environment, the rules should be different. The champ wasn't involved in the double decision, therefore he should not be involved in the following title decision.

Dear God, please send this bit of logic to Vince McMahon before Monday night....

but the point is its a draw, Edge didn't win, Benoit didn't win, HHH didn't win. Who was in on the pin isn't really relevant because there was no deicison. Therefore logically HHH should still be champ.

Shadow
11-30-2004, 11:45 PM
No....the champion is EdgeBenoit.

Or BenoitEdge.

They could be duel champs you know. Like they both can defend the belt. But if one get's pinned, they both lose. That'd be logical.

Of course HHH will probably get the title back next week but Y2J will win it off of him.

The Answer
11-30-2004, 11:57 PM
Their is no controversy edge botched the finish by tapping to early.He clearly taps before the ref counts three.Benoit is the champ

RGWhat316
12-01-2004, 12:43 AM
I dunno, I usually tape RAW. So I went back and even watched in slow-mo, But Edge's hand first hit the mat as soon as the ref's hand hit the 3. There may have been a split second where someones hand hit before the others, but I can't figure this one out.

V
12-01-2004, 12:45 AM
JERICHO WILL BE THE CHAMP, COUNT ON IT

Mister Sinister
12-01-2004, 12:50 AM
I hope so....Logic says...Triple H holds on to his title since it was a draw...sorta, however....we know, Logically speaking....Jericho will just vacant the title and claim himself champion....of course...Logically speaking, Benoit should of deemed himself the champion, when Triple H was supposely unable to compete....but when has WWE ever use logic

V
12-01-2004, 01:20 AM
http://thecellgame.net/jericho.jpg

Fox
12-01-2004, 10:54 PM
I just can't wait to see Edge's face when they tell him he's not the World Champion.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-01-2004, 11:14 PM
I am the Champ, Dale.

The Answer
12-01-2004, 11:27 PM
I dunno, I usually tape RAW. So I went back and even watched in slow-mo, But Edge's hand first hit the mat as soon as the ref's hand hit the 3. There may have been a split second where someones hand hit before the others, but I can't figure this one out.

I just watched it on wwe.com and it really looked like edge hit his hand first then the ref counted three

rob11
12-02-2004, 12:28 AM
I like the vacated title thing and have no1 have it until the rumble like in 92. Would make the rumble a whole lot more interesting.

jerichoholic169
12-02-2004, 05:50 AM
well they had the same sort of thing at the start of 2000 with the IC title. from what i remember both jericho and chyna covered holly i think and got the three count so they were made joint champions. and then jericho won the 3way at the rumble. so hopefully they'll do the same sort of thing on Raw Is Jericho (doesn't that just sound so goood) and have Y2J v Edge v Benoit for the title and have Jericho win it.

then again knowing the state of the writing time and the memory problems the WWE has, it'll just be given back to HHH and he'll find a way of screwing Jericho out of the title.

though if jericho did beat HHH, batista could get back at HHH for his comment a few weeks back about batista not beating jericho. Then HHH could lose it with batista and then we have evolution split up....yay!!

Hired Hitman
12-02-2004, 06:37 AM
I see Jericho walking out to the ring and saying the main event will be Edge Vs Benoit to see who is the real champion, then Triple H will walk out to say that he is going to use his rematch clause (there is always a rematch clause) and that the match would be Edge, Vs Benoit Vs Triple H, Then Jericho will say something cleaver then say if Triple H wants to add himself to the match then so can he, Jericho makes the match a 4 way match.

The winner... well there are a number of ways it could end, Edge could win the belt and live his dream.. probably not.

Benoit could win by some how screwing Edge out of the win, to start a Fued between the two.

Triple H could win then go on to say he outlasted four weeks of pure hatred by the wrestler G.M's and go about with his "I am the champion" speech.

or hell, even Jericho could win it and start something with "Jericho was the G.M, he had to book himself into a match why couldn't he win it like a man, etc.

I personally like the Edge, Benoit fued idea. hope that works... looks to be alright... kind of... :-\

tucsonspeed6
12-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Why didn't they just strip the belt off of HHH at any time? They could say "Ok, Trips. You want the title back, you're gonna have to win the Rumble, cause we're not gonna put you in any more title matches. Don't like it? Tough. I'm the GM and you can't say boo about it."

Mr. Nerfect
12-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Why didn't they just strip the belt off of HHH at any time? They could say "Ok, Trips. You want the title back, you're gonna have to win the Rumble, cause we're not gonna put you in any more title matches. Don't like it? Tough. I'm the GM and you can't say boo about it."

But the Board of Directors can, and I assume they'd be a bit upset when th etitle is stripped off a champion for no reason at all. That's the only reason I can think of.

I personally hope Jericho says since all three men technically lost the match (Benoit got pinned, Edge tapped and Triple H wasn't involved in any decision), none of them deserves to be the World Heavyweight Champion. Jeirhco crowns himself the vacant title holder, and gives himself the night off and books Benoit vs. Edge in an I Quit Match, which doesn't finish because it goes right off the air.

Triple H complains to Eric Bischoff and says he wants a rematch. Bischoff says Triple H can't have a rematch, because their is no rematch clause when the title is awarded to a wrestler. Triple H is pissed, so he starts a feud with Jericho. We see the I Quit Match continue on RAW, with Bischoff making it that the first man to say "I Quit" in any period of time loses the match. He says no more time will be dedicated to this match.

This sets up a number of angles, and gets the title onto Jericho.

tucsonspeed6
12-02-2004, 04:57 PM
I understand that everyone wants to see the belt on Jericho, but honestly, as the saying goes "you made the bed, so now you have to sleep in it" or however it goes. They're gonna have to take this "Who's the champ" thing all the way through. And thankfully they have actually given this Benoit/Edge feud some spotlight. I'm excited about it, but indeed Jericho does need the belt again. Maybe we'll get lucky at WM21.

And Jericho can't say that all three men lost. This wasn't an elimination match. The rules of an elimination match is "The last person who hasn't been pinned, tapped out, or otherwise eliminated is declared the winner." In the triple threat match, the rules are "The first person to get a pinfall or submission wins." So rather than having three losers, we have two winners.

spunkynut
12-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah, y2j aint gonna win
methinks its gonna be a fatal4way and HHH retaining, I dont think WWE really cares about all the technicalities involved

Mr. Nerfect
12-03-2004, 12:38 AM
I understand that everyone wants to see the belt on Jericho, but honestly, as the saying goes "you made the bed, so now you have to sleep in it" or however it goes. They're gonna have to take this "Who's the champ" thing all the way through. And thankfully they have actually given this Benoit/Edge feud some spotlight. I'm excited about it, but indeed Jericho does need the belt again. Maybe we'll get lucky at WM21.

And Jericho can't say that all three men lost. This wasn't an elimination match. The rules of an elimination match is "The last person who hasn't been pinned, tapped out, or otherwise eliminated is declared the winner." In the triple threat match, the rules are "The first person to get a pinfall or submission wins." So rather than having three losers, we have two winners.

Yes, but look at it this way. Edge tapped at the same time Benoit was pinned. Now looking at this like they don't have the technology to time which decision came first, Edge submitted (meaning he loses the match to the person who made him tap out), while Benoit's shoulders were counted to the mat for three at the very same time, so he loses to the person who pinned him. Neither man can be declared a winner, because they both legally lost the match. You can't have the title defended amost ot men who lost in the title match (even if the win does cancel it out).

Both men lost and won at the same time, so although it makes sense to have the title contended between them, I'd prefer it if it wasn't, because I consider a loss far more deciding than a win. So if they vacate the title, Jericho can name himself the champion (just like Bischoff named Triple H the champion). And even if it doesn't make perfect sense, you have to remember we do have Y2J as GM.

Danny Electric
12-03-2004, 01:15 PM
As the Cynick said, it looks like a draw and so the champion retains in that situation.
Unless they do a double champion angle like Chyna/Jericho with the IC Belt.

Loose Cannon
12-03-2004, 01:40 PM
there is really no point in discussing this. HHH gets it back Monday or whenever HHH gets the macth to decide the Champ

Tornado
12-03-2004, 02:11 PM
I swear, they had better start Raw with five simple words:

"Welcome to, RAW IS JERICHO"

Mr. Nerfect
12-03-2004, 03:53 PM

I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing a completely different opening for the show as well. Maybe have a song performed by Fozzy with different images of Jericho beating other wrestlers, etc. Then have Jericho in the ring with his Highlight Reel pyros going off. "Welcome to RAW is Jericho!", and we go to the Jeritron 5,000,000 (an upgraded version replacing the titantron) to discuss last week's events.

tucsonspeed6
12-03-2004, 04:19 PM
I can say one thing. With Jericho as the focus of this week's show, the ratings will deffinately show through. I'm hoping they'll realize that and give him another push.

Then again, I can almost hear HHH in the background saying "Jericho's just another flavor of the month. If you push him, the fans will get sick of him in a week and we'll be stuck in some shitty storyline with crap ratings. Forget it. Let's keep him in the midcards for a while."

Mr. Nerfect
12-03-2004, 04:29 PM
I can say one thing. With Jericho as the focus of this week's show, the ratings will deffinately show through. I'm hoping they'll realize that and give him another push.

Then again, I can almost hear HHH in the background saying "Jericho's just another flavor of the month. If you push him, the fans will get sick of him in a week and we'll be stuck in some shitty storyline with crap ratings. Forget it. Let's keep him in the midcards for a while."

LOL! I'm actually looking forward to Jericho vs. Triple H, or just Jericho (if he wriggles the title away from Triple H without getting him in a match, which is probably how the WWE'd rather have The Game lose the title), with Y2J banning Evolution from the arena. It would be a shame to see Dave go even if it is just for a night, so maybe they can ahev Dave Batista vs. Rhyno & Tajiri in a Handicap Match. It can be used to boost Batista's character and storyline developement.

Scarface
12-03-2004, 04:33 PM

Fuck yeah

The CyNick
12-03-2004, 08:02 PM
LOL

sorry, just the idea of Jericho as champ again, it makes me laugh.

LC is right on with this one.

Londoner
12-04-2004, 07:38 AM
Cynick, i will quote your post in my signature or something(dont know if you can do that on this site though) if jericho wins the title on raw this week, but i got a feeling because of the ending of raw last week, they're trying to stop Jericho from getting a title shot. I keep thinking Vince Mcmahon is gonna come out and make a 4 way match instead of Jericho making a match himself.

tucsonspeed6
12-04-2004, 09:20 AM
Vince won't show his face and make these matches spontaneously two nights in a row.

Edit: And Cynick, Loose Cannon, and anyone else who is too cynical to believe that somebody other than HHH can hold the championship...

Raw has done a great job of giving the title value. How would it look if they suddenly started giving EVERYONE a one week hold on the title. This coming after Vince personally came out (when he's already declared the Vince McMahon character "dead") to change the match to give the title a little more value making the Battle Royal a #1 contender's match. Why would they suddenly throw that to the dogs and shit on not only the title, but this Edge/ Benoit feud that they've been building up lately? They're not stupid. They don't just decide that they don't like a feud or storyline that they've already devoted to the main event spotlight and turn it around. (A midcard feud...sure, but not a main event one.)

Obviously allowing the title to change hands on a Raw was for ratings, so having the title change BACK a week later isn't gonna help the ratings. Sure, next monday everyone will tune in to see who the real champ is. Then when HHH gets it back, where the hell do you think all the viewers they picked up will go? MNF, that's where. Your viewers can only feel jaded and alienated so many times before they give up on the product.

Mark my words: HHH WILL NOT GET THE TITLE BACK ANY TIME SOON. New year's revolution will be Benoit/ Edge for the championship. HHH will have to exact his revenge on Orton for costing him the title. Maybe someday later he'll get the title back, but it sure as hell won't be in the next month.

If I'm wrong, I'll rep anyone who calls me on it.

Londoner
12-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Vince won't show his face and make these matches spontaneously two nights in a row.

Edit: And Cynick, Loose Cannon, and anyone else who is too cynical to believe that somebody other than HHH can hold the championship...

Raw has done a great job of giving the title value. How would it look if they suddenly started giving EVERYONE a one week hold on the title. This coming after Vince personally came out (when he's already declared the Vince McMahon character "dead") to change the match to give the title a little more value making the Battle Royal a #1 contender's match. Why would they suddenly throw that to the dogs and shit on not only the title, but this Edge/ Benoit feud that they've been building up lately? They're not stupid. They don't just decide that they don't like a feud or storyline that they've already devoted to the main event spotlight and turn it around. (A midcard feud...sure, but not a main event one.)

You obviously don't know how the wwe writing team thinks these days.ALl they think for the main event spot is 'must have HHH in there!'

Bo
12-04-2004, 03:47 PM
They will probally give it to them both with benoit and edge with their own title belt and have a unification/undisputed world champ build up or something. But if anything I wondering is this the first time or the first in a long time that the world title has change on raw.

Kane Knight
12-04-2004, 04:52 PM
(when he's already declared the Vince McMahon character "dead")
The heavyhanded, hands-on, boss form Hell is dead.

Vince has recently showed up only a small number of times, primarily to promote a singular change and leave.

This is a pretty big difference in character.

Marcyo
12-04-2004, 10:08 PM
anybody noticed that the battle royal at the start of the night ended exactly the same way as in royal rumble 1994? Back then, it was Bret Hart and Lex Luger eliminating each other at the same time, which meant no winner whatsoever. Decision: Both got a title shot at WM X but in separate matches. And then Bret became champ :drool: after defeating Yokozuna.

Kane Knight
12-05-2004, 12:49 AM
anybody noticed that the battle royal at the start of the night ended exactly the same way as in royal rumble 1994? Back then, it was Bret Hart and Lex Luger eliminating each other at the same time, which meant no winner whatsoever. Decision: Both got a title shot at WM X but in separate matches. And then Bret became champ :drool: after defeating Yokozuna.
And this isn't even the ONLY time it happened in WWE history.

Londoner
12-05-2004, 08:22 AM
It happened on smackdown a while ago to, goddamn wwe if you can't think of new finishes to battle royals don't do them...think up new matches or new ways to get triple threats.

Volchok
12-05-2004, 08:38 AM
if Jericho dont win the title tommrow i will go on a mass killing spree.... ( in GTA btw...)

Kane Knight
12-05-2004, 12:39 PM
It happened on smackdown a while ago to, goddamn wwe if you can't think of new finishes to battle royals don't do them...think up new matches or new ways to get triple threats.
The worst part is that they redid two finishes in one night. It was a twofer.

Kane Knight
12-05-2004, 12:41 PM
if Jericho dont win the title tommrow i will go on a mass killing spree.... ( in GTA btw...)
You fucking pussy.

You need to grow some balls and REALLY kill some people over the outcome of a fixed show. BE A MAN.

Evil Vito
12-05-2004, 01:23 PM
<font color=goldenrod>If HHH gets the title back on Raw, they REALLY fucked up.

I have a bad feeling that the WWE KNOW that people are gonna tune in to see Jericho as GM as well as to see who won the belt out of Benoit/Edge. And they'll give the belt to HHH and claim that him getting the belt back is the reason the ratings were so high and use that as an excuse to keep the belt on him for awhile.</font> :-\

The CyNick
12-05-2004, 01:48 PM

Obviously allowing the title to change hands on a Raw was for ratings, so having the title change BACK a week later isn't gonna help the ratings. Sure, next monday everyone will tune in to see who the real champ is. Then when HHH gets it back, where the hell do you think all the viewers they picked up will go? MNF, that's where. Your viewers can only feel jaded and alienated so many times before they give up on the product.

Mark my words: HHH WILL NOT GET THE TITLE BACK ANY TIME SOON. New year's revolution will be Benoit/ Edge for the championship. HHH will have to exact his revenge on Orton for costing him the title. Maybe someday later he'll get the title back, but it sure as hell won't be in the next month.

If I'm wrong, I'll rep anyone who calls me on it.

See you are the exact reason why I think what they did on Monday was really stupid. You seem to think Hunter will NOT get the title back, and yet most of us know he WILL. Chances are when Hunter does get the title back, you will be upset, and will feel like what you seen on Monday was a huge waste of time, and nothing more than a slap in the face to the audience.

And just to clear thing up, the title did NOT change hands. Neither Benoit nor Edge were declared champions decisively, so what will happen is that there will likely be a rematch, and Hunter will retain. My guess is that Jericho's role in all of this will be to give himself a title shot at New Year's Revolution.

If they really wanted to do a title switch to either Edge or Benoit, they would have kept the Battle Royal gimmick for the title, Orotn would have helped eliminate HHH and then they could have done the draw finish with Edge and Benoit. At least that way, HHH would have been eliminated and been out of the picture. With the triple threat, all that happened was that we had a draw, and therefore HHH will get back into the rematch and get back the title.

And even if they do put the title on Edge or Benoit, it'll just go back on HHH by the Rumble at the very latest. So nothing will have been accomplished. Just HHH gets another title reign to add to his record books.

And RAW has NOT done a great job building up the value of the title. If the title had any value whatsoever, a PPV built on the premise that fans get to select who fights for that championship would not have done the lowest buyrate in WWE history. Also, their business wouldn't be int he shape its in if the title meant anything.

Loose Cannon
12-05-2004, 01:58 PM
haha, seriously, you think Benoit will get the Title back? He just had a Title run. You actually think the WWE will just give him back the Title after not even promoting him as the top guy when he was the Champ.

Edge: Not a chance. Hasn't proven anything yet and the crowd really hasn't been into him that much yet.

Jericho: :lol:

It's going back to HHH.

And like CyNick said, if the WWE decides to put the Title on someone, HHH will just win it back real quick.

MVP
12-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Just to spin off what CyNick said about the World Title's value.

The World Heavyweight Title lost all credibility it had when it was put around David Arquette's waist in WCW. It climbed a bit when Kurt Angle and The Rock held it, but it was seen as secondary to the WWE title during the Invasion angle.

When the World Title was put around Hunter's waist after he beat HBK it lost pretty much any credibility. When Benoit won the title its value climbed, but went back down when Benoit played second fiddle to the HHH/HBK feud. I thought the title would have meant something more when Orton won it, but his face turn dropped the ball, and Hunter was booked to appear superior to Orton as champion, it didn't get any value back.

I think if Orton's quest for the World Title is built superbly, which it hasn't yet, the title COULD gain credibility again when Orton wins it; or better yet Batista, but as of now I see no reason why a title change right now would really do any good for whoever wins the title; so it's logical that Hunter will retain the World title.

Azriel
12-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Well, I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but chances are if HHH doesn't get the belt at the start of RAW, he'll use the good ole "rematch" clause, so yeah, it's going to go back to HHH soon.

Kane Knight
12-05-2004, 06:40 PM
If HHH gets the title back on Raw, they REALLY fucked up.

I have a bad feeling that the WWE KNOW that people are gonna tune in to see Jericho as GM as well as to see who won the belt out of Benoit/Edge. And they'll give the belt to HHH and claim that him getting the belt back is the reason the ratings were so high and use that as an excuse to keep the belt on him for awhile. :-\
And the resulting loss of ratings the following weeks will simply be attributed to Monday Night Football or sweeps or whatever they can hide behind...

Kane Knight
12-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Just to spin off what CyNick said about the World Title's value.

The World Heavyweight Title lost all credibility it had when it was put around David Arquette's waist in WCW. It climbed a bit when Kurt Angle and The Rock held it, but it was seen as secondary to the WWE title during the Invasion angle.

When the World Title was put around Hunter's waist after he beat HBK it lost pretty much any credibility. When Benoit won the title its value climbed, but went back down when Benoit played second fiddle to the HHH/HBK feud. I thought the title would have meant something more when Orton won it, but his face turn dropped the ball, and Hunter was booked to appear superior to Orton as champion, it didn't get any value back.

I think if Orton's quest for the World Title is built superbly, which it hasn't yet, the title COULD gain credibility again when Orton wins it; or better yet Batista, but as of now I see no reason why a title change right now would really do any good for whoever wins the title; so it's logical that Hunter will retain the World title.
At this point, I'm not really sure the WWE could bring back credibility with any one person.