PDA

View Full Version : Surprise, Surprise...Hogan on his return to the ring.

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 10:11 AM
The issue with Hulk Hogan wrestling is that he wants to return as the 80’s Hulkster who beats everyone and is on top while WWE wants him to wrestle more to put other, younger stars over. Credit: Observer Newsletter

Nick Grease
03-22-2005, 10:14 AM
LOL :nono:

McLegend
03-22-2005, 10:16 AM
LOL :nono:

Kane Knight
03-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Deja Vu?

I've seen this before. Couple months ago.

I wonder if Hogan actually thinks a run on the top would be anything less than a complete failture.

Loose Cannon
03-22-2005, 10:20 AM
yea, I read that the other day. What you don't see here is that Melzer actually said that nobody wants to see Hogan lose and that Hogan losing is not really good business. He compared Hogan to like a Flair/HBK/Foley, where people don't mind seeing "legends" like these losing, but Hogan is a different story. Every wants to see Hogan do his "routine" and then get the win.

Kind of see his point in one way, but it's tough to agree.

Kane Knight
03-22-2005, 10:22 AM
yea, I read that the other day. What you don't see here is that Melzer actually said that nobody wants to see Hogan lose and that Hogan losing is not really good business. He compared Hogan to like a Flair/HBK/Foley, where people don't mind seeing "legends" like these losing, but Hogan is a different story. Every wants to see Hogan do his "routine" and then get the win.

But do they want it enough to pay to see him?

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 10:23 AM
WWE: We'd like you to work a program with Gene Snitsky.
Hogan: Who?! The Hulkster shouldn't be working programs with people out of his league, brother!
WWE: But, we're trying to push new talent and it'd be great if you'd help put Snitsky over.
Hogan: No way brother! Snitsky will never be in The Hulkster's league, brother!
*Snitsky hears this walking by*
Snitsky: IT'S NOT...MY...FAULT!

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 10:25 AM

I think it's because most fans are not familiar with him losing.

Loose Cannon
03-22-2005, 10:26 AM
I don't know. I think with Hogan, you get a short pay day eathier way. If he comes in and feuds with Austin/Piper/Hassan...etc.. and wins, people will pay just because it's Hogan again. Eventually it wears off though like two years ago.

If Hogan puts guys over, it will be a quick pay day once again because it's Hogan, but eventually if Hogan keeps jobbing, people won't want to see that anymore.

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 10:27 AM
That's why Hogan should only come in to put someone over (Hassan, Orton, Cena, or Batista) just like what Foley does.

Loose Cannon
03-22-2005, 10:28 AM
I think it's because most fans are not familiar with him losing.

yea, exactly.

I'll post the whole article later with what he said.

SuperSlim
03-22-2005, 10:31 AM
yeah. HOgan should come in just to put someone over. not really to dominate but when I read that first post I had to laugh

Kane Knight
03-22-2005, 10:48 AM
That's why Hogan should only come in to put someone over (Hassan, Orton, Cena, or Batista) just like what Foley does.
Build him up with some minor matches, use him to put people over, retire him. Short term paycheck? Perhaps, but why not use him before the novelty wears off?

KayfabeMan
03-22-2005, 12:46 PM
With WWE's big ass revolving door, I'd be reluctant to put people over as well.

Kane Knight
03-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Because Hogan's really looking out for the business with this decisions here.

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 01:02 PM
^^

Boondock Saint
03-22-2005, 01:06 PM
LOL Hogan

The Naitch
03-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Fucking Hogan. This clown should stay away from wrestling

PullMyFinger
03-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Typical Hogan...no surprise from here.

Then again, I doubt regular wrestling fans want to see Hogan lose consistantly.

Sickboy
03-22-2005, 03:16 PM

I've always liked when Hogan loses.

And how stupid it would be to have guys to job to him? I mean, you got an old man with bad knees and 3 moves beating guys who are younger, bigger, faster, stronger and simply much better. :nono:

McDoogle
03-22-2005, 03:21 PM
I've always liked when Hogan loses.

And how stupid it would be to have guys to job to him? I mean, you got an old man with bad knees and 3 moves beating guys who are younger, bigger, faster, stronger and simply much better. :nono:

Yea but are they real american heros like hogan?

Corkscrewed
03-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Wait, this is serious? :rofl:

That man shouldn't be able to touch a win with a 10-foot pole.

Bad Company
03-22-2005, 04:02 PM
God I Love Hogan :heart:

TerranRich
03-22-2005, 04:10 PM
WWE: We'd like you to work a program with Gene Snitsky.
Hogan: Who?! The Hulkster shouldn't be working programs with people out of his league, brother!
WWE: But, we're trying to push new talent and it'd be great if you'd help put Snitsky over.
Hogan: No way brother! Snitsky will never be in The Hulkster's league, brother!
*Snitsky hears this walking by*
Snitsky: IT'S NOT...MY...FAULT!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KingofOldSchool again."

:lol:

John la Rock
03-22-2005, 04:17 PM
this is BS.....right?

Loose Cannon
03-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Here is the article. Makes some good points. Sorry if there is typos, I typed it fast and right off the article.

The issue with Hogan is he wants to be 80's Hogan, who beats everyone and is on top, and they (WWE) want him to put people over and make new stars. Really, neither appraoch is the right one. He should win almost all his matches, but he can't be on top, aside from perhaps a novelty one or two month deal. But with money he wants, he really can't be justified in the middle for any length of time eathier. With his artificial knee and hip, I think he and everyone realizes Hogan's role is going to be to drop in and stay just until his novelty waers out, and then dissapear, but perhaps on better terms that the past few times. There have been talks with Hogan about wrestling, but if they don't shoot an angle by 3/21, (yesterday) there is no point in wasting it. In a sense, Hogan would mean more for overseas tours, but then again, only if they are doing a staduim type event, because the overseas tours don't need his help to draw.There was talk of using Hogan on major international events. Japanese sources were talking about a Tokyo Dome event, but this past weekm we heard that was no longer on the cards.

Hogan can lose and make someone because he's past the point where he can where he can be hurt and is bullet proof, but should only lose once, at the end of his run, and have it played up big, because him losing and not having it harped on constantly means it'll have no impact anyway. Unlike Flair or even Michales (who doesn't realize it himself, or else we wouldn't be having him beat Edge on TV), who people like to see and don't mind seeing them lose, Hogan really shouldn't lose because people don't enjoy seeing it. Well, some people do, (Sickboy up there :lol) but it's not the right thing. When Hogan was in the last few times, he jobbed for a lot of people, but the only one who really got anything out of it was Lesner, because it was such a strong win for Lesner and because it was played up big after the fact. His losses to Taker, and HHH were lousy matches that didn't get anyone over. His loss to Rock actually helped him and hurt Rock because of how well he played it. His loss to Angle should of helped Angle, but it wasn't played up after the fact that Hogan submitted for the first time ever, sp that was more of a problem of follow-though than anything else.

The Ravishing One
03-22-2005, 04:44 PM
God I Love Hogan :heart:

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 05:01 PM
I think Edge and Hogan should work a program where Edge teams up with Hogan (this could easily be explained that Hogan talked to Edge and showed Edge how horrible he was being) then in a tag team match Edge turns on Hogan.

This leads to a match where Edge pins Hogan cleanly.

Yeah that will never happen, but I'd love it.

redoneja
03-22-2005, 08:15 PM
ok everyone seems to have a problem w/ Hogan winning all the time. However, I feel it would be detremental to his character if he came back to job.

If you feel this way about Hogan, how would you feel about Undertaker(WHOM EVERYBODY LOVES) jobbing every other match? It would destroy his character as it would Hogan.

TapOut
03-22-2005, 09:17 PM
If this is true, then that's just sad.

"and Vince, just one more stipulation to my contract: you HAVE to get the Rock to wrestle me next year at Wrestlemania so I can get my win back!"

Blue Demon
03-22-2005, 09:24 PM
it's because he's a real American...and fights for the right of every man...

Ruien
03-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Hogan can take the belt away from HHH for awhile at least mabey?

KingofOldSchool
03-22-2005, 10:04 PM
If you feel this way about Hogan, how would you feel about Undertaker(WHOM EVERYBODY LOVES) jobbing every other match? It would destroy his character as it would Hogan.

I know you're new here, but a lot of people do NOT like the Undertaker.

I like him, but there are a lot of people who don't.

redoneja
03-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Thank You for the info.
I should have more clearly stated that relative to Hogan everyone seems to like Taker.
Apologies for my assumptions

Pepsi Man
03-22-2005, 10:17 PM
His loss to Angle should of helped Angle, but it wasn't played up after the fact that Hogan submitted for the first time ever, sp that was more of a problem of follow-though than anything else.

:D That just killed any credibility these guys had with me. That probably wasn't even one of the first TEN times Hogan's submitted in his career.

redoneja
03-22-2005, 10:20 PM
True
Hogan submitted to Luger and Flair in WCW and passe out to Piper from a sleeper

Loose Cannon
03-22-2005, 10:25 PM
WWE they were talking about.

Kane Knight
03-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Thank You for the info.
I should have more clearly stated that relative to Hogan everyone seems to like Taker.
Apologies for my assumptions
Why should it matter? Taker shouldn't be on top either.

He's getting on in years and can't perform OR draw like he used to.

PullMyFinger
03-22-2005, 10:28 PM
True
Hogan submitted to Luger and Flair in WCW and passe out to Piper from a sleeper
All of them useless old farts.

Hogan should work a program with Randy Orton. Reason being, it'd be a safe loss for Hogan, and would boost Randy's Legend Killer gimmick. People would absolutely despise Randy for beating Hogan as a result. It would be just like Hogan and Rock.

redoneja
03-22-2005, 10:38 PM
U do have a point KK
Jimmy Snuka did just that in the early 90s but nobody remembers him 4 that, and the guys he did job to did recieve a good push( ahem Undertaker)

Kane Knight
03-22-2005, 10:43 PM
U do have a point KK
Jimmy Snuka did just that in the early 90s but nobody remembers him 4 that, and the guys he did job to did recieve a good push( ahem Undertaker)
Nobody remembers him for putting people, yet the guys who he jobbed to benefitted from it?

Wow. So what's the point?

redoneja
03-22-2005, 10:47 PM
The point is the young guys benefitted w/o Snuka being forever remember a that guy who jobbed to Repo Man on WWF Superstars(no joke, not that Repo Man really ever benefitted though)

mike627
03-23-2005, 01:15 AM
I want Hogan back just so Randy Orton can add him to the list.

Fox
03-23-2005, 01:48 AM
The answer lies somewhere inbetween the WWE's wishes and Hogan's wishes.

Bring him in and build him up to be a star, and when the time is right, and the person is right, have him put someone over into infinity. With Randy Orton a full-fledged heel again, this would be the perfect opportunity for him to "kill" Hulk Hogan - but not until Hogan is brought in and built up to be a major threat (a feud with Triple H would help).

Hogan's idea that people don't want to see Hogan lose is true - they love the nostalgia that comes naturally when you watch Hogan "hulk up" and drop the leg for the win. But by the same token, Hogan can do so much for the business by showing that a new generation of superstars is arising. It won't hurt his legend because he's well past his prime.

A fact that works for both parties: Hulk Hogan's massive job for Brock Lesnar instantly shot Lesnar to main event status.

That job worked perfectly, with Brock looking like a true threat to anyone in the business by defeating the immortal one.

At the same time, Lesnar spit on that contribution when he left the WWE without so much as a warning. Hogan's job was useless in the long run, so I can see why he doesn't want to do it again so soon.

Either way, Hogan is an old horse that should be put out to pasture. After WrestleMania 21 he'll be a hall of famer in the WWE, and that should be that. Let the new guys make themselves into stars without the help of the old.

KayfabeMan
03-23-2005, 02:13 AM
At the same time, Lesnar spit on that contribution when he left the WWE without so much as a warning. Hogan's job was useless in the long run, so I can see why he doesn't want to do it again so soon.

Exactly. His loss to The Rock at WM was also essentially useless, as Rock left to do movies after that. It was as if it was definitely necessary for The Rock to beat Hogan to go make films. The only person who benefitted was Rock.

Let the new guys make themselves into stars without the help of the old, HHH, the 'creative writing team', WWE, Vince McMahon, or any parties therein associated with any of the afformentioned parties.

:shifty: