PDA

View Full Version : The Other BACKLASH Predictions League

tucsonspeed6
04-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Alrighty. We're a few days away from Backlash, and I just want to remind everyone of our champion's record. Mr.RobertGoulet drove in a nearly perfect score, missing only five points. Are you enough of a bad ass to beat him? Pending his timely return to defend his championship, we'll find out. Reps to our winner.

Now for the rules:

1: Anyone can play. I base the championship off of a fighting champion basis. Each PPV you defend your title with honor.

2: THe points system for regular matches consists as follows: 10 points for a correct winner, and 5 points for the method of victory. And as always, I will only count the following responses for that extra 5 points. "CLEAN" or "PIN", "CHEATING", "INTERFERANCE", or "DQ". If you give me a more detailed response I will not give extra credit, and if I get the gist of what you're saying I'll accept it.(IE- "Taker wins via Tombstone" means that he'll have a clean victory) If you put nothing, I will default your response to a clean pinfall.

3: If there are any gimmicky matches, the points system will be detailed when I mention the match.

OK, now to the matches.

First up: Tag-Team Turmoil
http://img203.echo.cx/img203/3847/tagteamwrestling1big7vq.gif
(Seriously...this is the best I've got.)
Who is destined to win this match that is so important to the WWE that the WWE Webmaster never bothered to include a picture of its participants on the Backlash homepage? Will it be:

--Newcomers; The Heart Throbs (Getting their very first PPV appearance in a match that the bookers threw in to fill another 10 minutes)
--La Resistance- (Hey, on Heat they were banned from ever competing for the titles ever again!)
--The Hurricane & Rosey (Does anyone even watch Heat?)
--Simon Dean & Maven (I thought Tag Teams were supposed to have names...)
--William Regal &Tajiri (I thought Tag teams were supposed to have names...)

Normally I'd give this match new set of gimmick rules, but it's a pointless filler. Just gimme the winner and method

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/backlash/matches/images/kanevis.jpg
Nothing I can say will be any funnier than the WWE's description of this match: "Will Viscera land his organ-crushing splash? That could mean lights-out for the Big Red Monster." :naughty:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/backlash/matches/images/lms.jpg
Edge vs. Chris Benoit in a "It's just like a regular match, only instead of watching half a dozen lightning fast 2 counts, you get to watch two dozen agonizing 9 counts that take no less than 30 seconds each!" match.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/backlash/matches/images/ic1.jpg
Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin in a "Ok, seriously now...who in the hell is supposed to be the heel in this one. I'm refering to this match as the 'Let's alienate the audience as much as possible' match" match.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/backlash/matches/images/hogan.jpg
Hassan and Daivari vs. HBK and the Big Fucking Dickhead in a "Since Hogan's in this match, how much do you want to bet he won't show up until 10 seconds before the match is over, do a finger point, and take the win for himself without doing any work." Match. AKA the "Will the post-match posing actually be LONGER than the match itself?" match.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/backlash/matches/images/hhhvbat2.jpg
Batista vs. HHH in a "Since Hogan's in the building, who here wouldn't be suprised if somehow he ended up coming out during this match and by some 'miracle' wins the belt back for himself." match.

Crashnburn
04-29-2005, 06:23 PM
The Heart Throbs - Cheat
Kane - Clean
Edge - Clean? (Can't really cheat in a match where anything goes)
Shelton Benjamin - Clean
Daivari & Hassan - Cheat
Batista - Clean

tucsonspeed6
04-29-2005, 06:29 PM
La Resistance - Cheat (just because I know the WWE would f-up like that...)
Kane -clean
Edge -(I realize that the methods for winning in this match are limited, but there can still be interferences)
Jericho -(Cheating...not sure where they're going with this one, but I think it's leading to a Jericho heel turn.)
Hogan/ HBK -(Like I said above, I feel that Hogan will dissappear until 10 seconds of the match are left and take the victory for himself cleanly without doing any work.)
Batista- Very clean despite interference.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Gonna say:

La Resistance - By cheating of course. I see it coming down to La Resistance and William Regal/Tajiri at the end.

Kane Vs. Viscera - I see Viscera getting the win here by shady means, if for nothing else, to continue the Viscera/Trish substory (I hope. :D)

Edge Vs. Benoit - Edge by using the briefcase or a chair, possibly? I think this one will be down to the wire with Edge taking the opportunity to coldcock Benoit (Again, I hope.). Besides, maybe Edge'll look more credible with a win (albeit a cheap one) over Benoit whenever he decides to use his contract for a title shot.

Jericho Vs. Benjamin - Jericho, possibly by a quick roll-up pin. I tired of Shelton Benjamin long ago, so again, this is just hope. I'm clinging to the notion that Vince has finally seen that Jericho draws people like flies to shit (yeah...Sure. He noticed. :shifty: ).

HBK/Hogan Vs. Hassan/Daivari - HBK/Hogan cleanly. This'll get everyone prepared for an hour long posing session to get cheap pops after the match is over. Besides, it'll give more reasons for people to get HASSAN'D. Because HASSAN IS RIGHT .

Triple H Vs. Batista - Triple H by cheating. You might grow so tall, but eventually, you'll bust your damn head on the glass ceiling.

PorkSoda
04-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Tag team turmoil: Either La Resistance or Heart Throbs. WWE would F it up and give them to Resistance, but Throbs are new and WWE likes to give titles to give tag teams titles in their first few matches. It would be shocking if Hurricane/Rosey won it.

Kane vs. Viscera: Viscera. He's gonna won cause he's gonna eat 5 cheeseburgers before his match and land on Kane.

Edge vs. Chris Benoit: Why is this a last man standing? It would be better if it was like a submission or something, but this doesn't make sense because Benoit does not fit in here. Edge.

Jericho vs Shelton - Jericho :cool:

HBK/Hogan will win due to Dominos Pizza smashing Davari in the face with a pizza

Batista/Triple H - DOUBLE DQ! Triple H won't win it cause hes going to win in the Hell in a Cell. They both will probably get DQ'ed and go out for pizza later on. Or the referee will say mid match "THIS SUCKS" and just leave/

Fenix122
04-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Tag team turmoil: The Heart Throbs by cheating

Kane vs. Viscera: Viscera by interference

Edge vs. Chris Benoit: Edge clean

Jericho vs Shelton: Shelton by cheating

HBK/Hogan vs Daivari/Hassan: HBK/Hogan clean

Batista/Triple H: Batista clean

wwe2222
04-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Regal/Tajiri - Clean
Vicsera-with help from trish
Edge - clean
Jericho-cheating
Daivari & Hassan - Cheat
Batista - Clean

Londoner
04-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Tag team turmoil: The Heart Throbs,(cheat)
Kane V Viscera- Kane, (Clean)
Edge V Benoit- Edge (clean)
Jericho V Shelton- Shelton (Clean)
Daivari/Hassan V Hogan/HBK- Daiv/Hassan (cheat)
HHH V Batista-Batista (clean)

Nark Order
04-30-2005, 01:15 AM
Viscera better hit the Embalmer.

Nark Order
04-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Tag team turmoil: The Heart Throbs,(cheat)
Kane V Viscera- Kane, (Interference from Trish. ) *I'm thinking Trish will help Viscera lose the match so she doesn't have to do him. lol
Edge V Benoit- Edge (clean)
Jericho V Shelton- Shelton (Big spot)
Daivari/Hassan V Hogan/HBK- Hogan/HBK (Clean pin on Daivari)
HHH V Batista- Batista (Pedigree)
<!-- / message -->

Psycho C
04-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Tag Team Turmoil: Regal and Tajiri via Pinfall (with no actual feud here, i'll make the safe call and stick with the champs)

Kane vs Viscera: Kane via Trish interference and Pinfall (she'll "accidentally" cost Big Vis the match)

HBK/Hogan vs Hassan/Daivari: HBK/Hogan via Pinfall (HBK needs a win DESPERATELY...he's been made to look like a chump for a month now)

Edge vs Benoit: Ugh...Edge via chair shot KO (I hate Edge, and this does nothing but lower Benoit)

Jericho vs Shelton: tough call...I'll go with Shelton retaining via Pinfall (maybe some cheap method like a rollup)

HHH vs Batista: Batista via clean Pinfall (HHH hits Pedigree, Batista kicks out, etc)

Corndad
04-30-2005, 12:26 PM
I see we now even had competition for being the "other" predictions lol.

Anyways heres the former 2-time champ's Picks..

Tag - I see a clean victory for Tajri and Regal

Kane over Vis Interference by Trish then pinned cleanly (If cant take that anwser just take the clean pin. I just see a Trish run in somewhere)

Edge clean over Benoit. God I hate writing it but they have to since Edge will be getting the big Title push.

Jericho over Shelton clean

Hogan/HBK over Hussan/Davari clean- (Big Boot/Leg Drop/ Pin/ 25 mins of posing in that order.)

Batista over HHH Clean (Counter the Pedigree into Batista Bomb pin)

Well that be it. Figure they will add matches to thiis but this what we gotta work with.

Everyone needs to give tucson a bit of rep for keepin this goin and keepin track.

Good Luck to all.

Fignuts
04-30-2005, 12:43 PM
The Heart Throbs - Cheat
Viscera - interference
Edge - Clean
Shelton Benjamin - Clean
Hogan & Micheals - Clean
Batista - Clean

thuganomicalcrippler
04-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Tag Team Turmoil - Heart Throbs (cheating)
Kane-Viscera - Viscera ( Interference - from Lita and Trish )
Edge-Benoit - Edge (clean)
Jericho-Shelton - Shelton (clean)
HBK/Hogan-Hassan/Daivari - HBK/Hogan (clean)
Batista-HHH - Batista (clean)

Goulet
04-30-2005, 05:31 PM
THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!

Tag Team Turmoil - Heart Throbs (cheating)
Kane-Viscera - Kane (clean)
Edge-Benoit - Edge (clean)
Jericho-Shelton - Shelton (clean)
HBK/Hogan-Hassan/Daivari - HBK/Hogan (clean)
Batista-HHH - Batista (clean)

Cool King
04-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Tag Team Turmoil-The Hurricane & Rosey(Clean)
Kane VS Viscera-Viscera(Cheating)
Edge VS Benoit-Edge(Clean)
Jericho VS Shelton-Shelton(Cheating)
Hogan & HBK VS Hassan & Daivari-Hogan & HBK(Clean)
Batista VS HHH-Batista(Clean)

Astley316
05-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Tag Team Turmoil-The Hearthrobs defeat regal and tajari
Kane VS Viscera-Viscera, trish kicks the crap outta lita distracting kane, as viscera gets the win
Edge VS Benoit-Benoit via crossface
Jericho VS Shelton-Jericho via pinfall
Hogan & HBK VS Hassan & Daivari-Hogan & HBK
Batista VS HHH-Batista with pin

Londoner
05-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Based on your points system, ive worked out mine to 60 pts. Not bad eh. think i might have won.

Goulet
05-02-2005, 12:11 PM
I believe I have 75 I could be wrong though, but I at least have 70

Londoner
05-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Actually yeah you have 75, cos of hbk/hogan, god damnit knew i should've said them!

thuganomicalcrippler
05-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I've got 60 too.

Goulet
05-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey TS6 when are you gonna total this?

tucsonspeed6
05-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Sorry. Haven't been online for some time. My mother broke her ankle yesterday and I couldn't get near a computer until today. Working on the tally as I speak.

tucsonspeed6
05-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Ok, here we go, in the order they were posted:

Crashnburn - 60
TS6 - 60
UmbrellaCorperation -30
Pork Soda - 30
Fenix 122 - 55
wwe2222 - 30
Thuglife - 60
deadlyheaven - 70
Psycho C - 70
corndad -55
Fignuts - 60
thuganomicalcrippler -60
Mr.RobertGoulet - 75
Cool King - 70

Which means that our amazing champion has retained!! Of course, I feel humbled to be among so many champions. You're all awesome, but the title wouldn't be the title it is if I repped everyone. Congrats Mr.RobertGoulet. May your reign be longer than you expected.

Crashnburn
05-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Ok, here we go, in the order they were posted:

Crashnburn - 60
TS6 - 60
UmbrellaCorperation -30
Pork Soda - 30
Fenix 122 - 55
wwe2222 - 30
Thuglife - 60
deadlyheaven - 70
Psycho C - 70
corndad -55
Fignuts - 60
thuganomicalcrippler -60
Mr.RobertGoulet - 75
Cool King - 70

Damn! Next time Mr. Goulet! Next time the title will be mine!!! Muwhahahaha!!

(BTW Thanks again TS6 for heading up the "other" predictions thread. I hope your mom isn't in a cast too long.)

Corndad
05-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Congrats to Goulet again. Another great pick list! This two-time champ is gettin hungry again and is comin after the other two-time champ next time! Congrats and Thanks to all who keep this going.

Goulet
05-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone, and TS6 i hope your mom is ok