PDA

View Full Version : The Coach has made RAW's announcing worse.

PureHatred
07-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Fisr off, I'm going to admit that I alread hate The Coach. He sucks the life out of every single segment I see him in. Nothing about him amuses me.

But that's not why adding him to JR & The King fucked things up even more.

See....the reason why I hate those two is that they're so busy seling their characters and spewing out catchphrases that they don't actually bother to call the match. Missing the names of the moves is just a part of it. They miss most of the psychology that is going on, they screw up the names of wrestlers, etc...

What would have been perfect was to get an actual, objective play by play man to carry the match and let JR & King do the shill work.

But what does the Coach bring? A super heel announcer. Just great. That's what they needed. Forget that SD's announce team has no heel announcer and its clearly the better of the two. Lets add The Coach so he can remind the audience who to boo for. Because we're idiots.

We'll never question why they never bothered to mention that the World Champion was drafted. Or why none of the three mentioned that Cena had just beaten Y2J and that two weeks ago these two were at each others throats in the back. Or that instead of acting as though Hogan and HBK had never teamed up, mention that they were unbeaten. Or when King brought up JR's incident with Kane, how Coach didn't knock that out of the park by bringing it up to fill in the audience (and throw it in his face).

In general, the threesome now detracts even more from the broadcast.

Innovator
07-05-2005, 11:26 PM
He's starting to remind me of Don West, who never shuts the fuck up

Mayo
07-05-2005, 11:31 PM
I think the Coach is rather amusing, on Sunday Night Heat before the ECW ppv for example. I don't really have a problem with the three man announce team, but you do make some worthy points.

Deceit
07-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Is there any specific reason for moving Coach as a third man on the RAW announce team? JR or King possibly prepping to take time off?

PureHatred
07-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Is there any specific reason for moving Coach as a third man on the RAW announce team? JR or King possibly prepping to take time off?

Maybe Vince heard JR calling Carlito "Carribean Carlos Kool-Aid" or whatever the fuck he was calling him and decided that he'd gone completely senile and needed to do something.

Gouda
07-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Maybe Vince heard JR calling Carlito "Carribean Carlos Kool-Aid" or whatever the fuck he was calling him and decided that he'd gone completely senile and needed to do esmething.
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9351/cool6su.jpg

Pepsi Man
07-06-2005, 12:24 AM
To be honest, I never really liked the Coach all that much, but in the last year or so, he's proven to be pretty entertaining, and his presence on the Raw announce team makes up a bit for the fact that they've softened Lawler and made him less of a hard heel.

V
07-06-2005, 12:32 AM
lol remember when coach turned heel everyone was like WTF

now it's hard to imagine him as the old face announcer that got picked on by the rock

PullMyFinger
07-06-2005, 01:39 AM
lol remember when coach turned heel everyone was like WTF

now it's hard to imagine him as the old face announcer that got picked on by the rock
hahahaha I agree. His heel turn got me completely surprised.

The Coach is pretty funny though. Tazz is still the best commentator they have.

Savio
07-06-2005, 01:47 AM
when did he turn again? and why?

Pepsi Man
07-06-2005, 02:31 AM
when did he turn again? and why?
SummerSlam 2003, he turned heel on Shane McMahon, assisting Eric Bischoff in his match against him.

Joey Slugs
07-06-2005, 02:42 AM
quite sad when Coach is the smartest out of the 3. :roll:

Deceit
07-06-2005, 02:57 AM
Maybe Vince heard JR calling Carlito "Carribean Carlos Kool-Aid" or whatever the fuck he was calling him and decided that he'd gone completely senile and needed to do something.

Could be could be! :rofl:

Kane Knight
07-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Here's my predicament.

The Coach is a pretty poor announcer.

But imagine for a moment, that your plane went down over an unknown desert (Unknown to you, anyway). You are the only survivor out of 15 people, and you have food and water for a couple of days tops. You stagger through the desert for days, even after your food and water runs out. In fact, four days pass with neither. You're starting to give up hope when you see a fire one evening in the distance. As you approach, you see two people at the firre, cooking something that appears to be meat. One of them, seeing your condition, offers you some meat and water.

Do you eat the meat, or ask if it's pheasant?

I like Coach, but I suspect it's only because I've been wandering in the desert. Jim Ross is borderline magic: In his current state, anyone looks good compared to him. Even King's still got something left, but JR has nothing.

Nark Order
07-06-2005, 04:41 AM
I like the Coach and think he is very god at his job myself.

ddpBANG
07-06-2005, 07:00 AM
I like Coach. At least he didn't start calling every jobber Babaganouch.

Scarface
07-06-2005, 08:40 AM
All the announcers are terrible. Get a friend to watch wrestling with, so you can talk over the top of the match whilst watching.

Gertner
07-06-2005, 01:01 PM
I love the Coach

James Steele
07-06-2005, 01:11 PM
I like Coach. At least he didn't start calling every jobber Babaganouch.

Al Snow > Jerry Lawler (in the ring and at the announce table)