PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated Players in Sports

Rain Man
10-06-2005, 06:15 PM
IDK if this thread has been made before. Just interested in what everyone says. Can be from any sport

Rain Man
10-06-2005, 06:17 PM
If anyone says TO Ill kill you

OssMan
10-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Corey Dillon
Rudi Johnson
Santana Moss
Shawn Green

VonErich Lives
10-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Why?

I mean, if you're doing to call players "over rated" say why you think that.

Paul Pierce.

Good skills, folds under pressure and doesn't have the maturity he should to be a leader at this point.

Doug Flutie - to short to see over NFL OL, has to roll out, can't stay in pocket, WR's can't see ball coming, have trouble adjusting and beaing ready for the throw.

The Miz
10-06-2005, 08:15 PM
In baseball

Chone Figgins
Alfonso Soriano
Scott Podsednik
Scott Hatteberg (not that anyone thinks he's good, but most are unaware he might be the worst player in the AL)
Darin Erstad
Francisco Rodriguez

basically the Angels entire 25 man roster

Nervous Ferret
10-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Chad Pennington - made of paper, just not very good even when hes healthy
Jeremy Shockey - no explanation needed

RP
10-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Peyton Manning

VonErich Lives
10-06-2005, 08:21 PM
basically the Angels entire 25 man roster

So, then what's that make Oakland?

Also, he's not a great player, but I'm sure we could find a ton of mlb players worse then hatteberg, not that I care to take the time to do it, just seems you're over critical of certain players... if there's a deep hearted issue here? were you stalking outside their hotel room and asked Scott to sign your butt cheeck and he said no? :p

Nervous Ferret
10-06-2005, 08:22 PM
yeah the same Angels roster that won the AL West

RP
10-06-2005, 08:25 PM

Also, he's not a great player, but I'm sure we could find a ton of mlb players worse then hatteberg, not that I care to take the time to do it, just seems you're over critical of certain players... if there's a deep hearted issue here? were you stalking outside their hotel room and asked Scott to sign your butt cheeck and he said no? :p

We could find a ton of players worse the Hattenberg, but the thread doesnt say whos the worst players in sports. It says who's the most overrated. So stfu.

Gonzo
10-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Jeremy Shockey - no explanation needed

Actually there is. Please do. Don't try to avoid it with some bullshit either.

Oh, and doesn't A-Rod have a $250 million dollar contract? Nobody is worth that much.

RP
10-06-2005, 08:29 PM

Oh, and doesn't A-Rod have a $250 million dollar contract? Nobody is worth that much.

I think you're worth as much as someone is willing to pay you. The Texas Rangers were just retarded.

Gonzo
10-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Yeah I guess if you wanna put it that way.

Rain Man
10-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Roy Williams-- Can hit but gets beat deep all the time.. Not the smartest player.

RP
10-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Yeah I guess if you wanna put it that way.

I mean he's not overrated by any means. He can only control his bat and his position and he's done a great job of it.

If someone gave me a contract worth 250 million and said i only had to make 4 plate appearences a game and occasionaly make a play on the third base line. I'd do it naked.:yes:

RoXer
10-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Hatteberg isn't the greatest.

The Miz
10-06-2005, 08:35 PM
yeah the same Angels roster that won the AL West

Overrated does not equal bad. You are an idiot, go away.

Nervous Ferret
10-06-2005, 08:43 PM

-He's a "below average" reciever, drops tons of balls, I believe he had only 2 0r 3 career TD catches coming into this year, when I can think of probably 3 times he has touchdown catches.
-Can't throw a block to save his life, gets penalized a lot.
-overhyperreactivecompulse
-and on top of that I just don't like him

And he's thought of as a top 5 TE in the league? :nono:

Nervous Ferret
10-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Overrated does not equal bad. You are an idiot, go away.grwarrr

RP
10-06-2005, 08:45 PM
try 12 td catches.

Nervous Ferret
10-06-2005, 08:45 PM
thats what I said

The Miz
10-06-2005, 08:47 PM

Who's overrated on Oakland? Hatteberg and Chavez are the only ones I can think of. You never hear anybody kiss anyone else on that team's ass like they do Figgins, Erstad, KRod etc.

I can't think of a player less valuable than Scott Hatteberg. He has the lowest OPS of any 1B/DH with 200+ PA's. 1B/DH is your power position, Hatte supplied a big 7 homers this year. He is #4 in GIDP in the AL, the 3 ahead of him having many more plate appearances. He doesn't hit for power or average, he doesn't even hit sac flies. But if you need a double play he's your guy. Defensively he's as bad as 1B's come, he's now at the point where he's too shitty to play 1B every day at the MLB level so if a DH with a .675 OPS is what you're looking for then you've hit the jackpot.

The only positive thing I can think to say about this guy is he makes the pitcher throw alot of pitches and he doesn't K much. So if you need a guy to come off the bench and draw a walk late in a game he might be okay. But he's completely useless as an everyday player.

A tribute to Ken Macha's great lineups is that this guy hit 4th 5th or 6th consistently.

RP
10-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Scott Hatteberg will fuck you up like perkaset!

Crimson
10-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Roy Williams-- Can hit but gets beat deep all the time.. Not the smartest player.

He was never known to be a great cover guy, he has the body of a freakin linebacker. But i bet you can't name anyone better at stuffing the run.

Rain Man
10-06-2005, 08:58 PM
He was never known to be a great cover guy, he has the body of a freakin linebacker. But i bet you can't name anyone better at stuffing the run.
He is an overrated safety

RoXer
10-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Good point.

Gonzo
10-06-2005, 09:02 PM
-He's a "below average" reciever, drops tons of balls, I believe he had only 2 0r 3 career TD catches coming into this year, when I can think of probably 3 times he has touchdown catches.
-Can't throw a block to save his life, gets penalized a lot.
-overhyperreactivecompulse
-and on top of that I just don't like him

And he's thought of as a top 5 TE in the league? :nono:

Coming into this year he had 10 TD's. I'm not sure where you're coming up with your point on dropped balls so I'll leave it at that. Sure, I'll agree with you on the below average receiver part, but only because he is a TE.

I'm not going to argue and say he can't block that great, because he can't. Nobody really thinks of Shockey as a blocker though or an all around great player though. He is always referred to in the sense that he is a receiving threat.

Doesn't get penalized any more than any other TE or WR. Then again you don't watch the Giants every week so I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Yeah, the guy does get fired up. Whats wrong with that? Coughlin has toned him down though. By saying you don't like him basically just tells me that you're biased to begin with.

YOUR Hero
10-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Chone Figgins deserves praise. If anything, he doesn't get enough attention.

road doggy dogg
10-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Donovan McNabb 'cause he's a darkie

The Miz
10-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Everybody on FOX/ESPN the last week has said Chone Figgins is the Angels' MVP. Wrong

road doggy dogg
10-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Sure, I'll agree with you on the below average receiver part, but only because he is a TE.

I'm not going to argue and say he can't block that great, because he can't. Nobody really thinks of Shockey as a blocker though or an all around great player though. He is always referred to in the sense that he is a receiving threat.

Dunno but it looks like you just said his role is as a receiver, and he's not even good at that

Gonzo
10-06-2005, 10:55 PM
There is a difference between a receiving TE and a WR. If you want to think of him as a receiver then sure he is going to be below average compared to WR's around the league. When you're comparing him to other TE's he is considered more of a receiving threat. I hope that explains it clearly.

el fregadero
10-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Ben Roethlisberger - I know he's still young, so I shouldn't say he's overrated, but he gets a little too much praise for me to handle. Didn't Tommy Maddox lead a Steeler team with worse players to a pretty good season too? Ben's better than Maddox, but not "great". Also, he is unreal in Madden.

Bad Company
10-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Jonny Wilkinson - Rugby

el fregadero
10-07-2005, 01:22 AM
A mister Troy Polamalu.

Joey Slugs
10-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Tom Brady? :shifty:

I am sooooooo fucking kidding.

I'm going to go with Kerry Wood on this one. One of the most overhyped & overrated pitchers in the modern era.

el fregadero
10-07-2005, 02:42 AM
And overinjured.

VonErich Lives
10-07-2005, 11:32 AM
We could find a ton of players worse the Hattenberg, but the thread doesnt say whos the worst players in sports. It says who's the most overrated. So stfu.

You really can't be this stupid can you?

Actually, yeah, you could be and well, you are.

In baseball

Scott Hatteberg (not that anyone thinks he's good, but most are unaware he might be the worst player in the AL)

Clearly, if no one thinks he's good, then he couldn't be "over-rated" could he?

Clearly, Miz said he "might be the worst player in the AL" which is what I responded to.

Clearly, you're head is up your ass as usual.

VonErich Lives
10-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Who's overrated on Oakland? Hatteberg and Chavez are the only ones I can think of. You never hear anybody kiss anyone else on that team's ass like they do Figgins, Erstad, KRod etc.

I can't think of a player less valuable than Scott Hatteberg. He has the lowest OPS of any 1B/DH with 200+ PA's. 1B/DH is your power position, Hatte supplied a big 7 homers this year. He is #4 in GIDP in the AL, the 3 ahead of him having many more plate appearances. He doesn't hit for power or average, he doesn't even hit sac flies. But if you need a double play he's your guy. Defensively he's as bad as 1B's come, he's now at the point where he's too shitty to play 1B every day at the MLB level so if a DH with a .675 OPS is what you're looking for then you've hit the jackpot.

The only positive thing I can think to say about this guy is he makes the pitcher throw alot of pitches and he doesn't K much. So if you need a guy to come off the bench and draw a walk late in a game he might be okay. But he's completely useless as an everyday player.

A tribute to Ken Macha's great lineups is that this guy hit 4th 5th or 6th consistently.

I just don't think Hatt's over-rated, simply because no one rates him real high.

As for the Angels, they won their Divison, not sure how they could be over-rated. Now, if everyone picked them to win the WS I could understand your "over-rated", but they were #1 in their division, #2 record in the AL.

El Capitano Gatisto
10-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Frank Lampard and John Terry.

Good players, but are the focus of far too much attention when it comes to Chelsea's success. I think that Petr Cech, William Gallas and Claude Makelele are equally as essential, if not more so.

Petr Cech, in fact, is probably the biggest factor in their success.

RP
10-07-2005, 12:15 PM
You really can't be this stupid can you?

Actually, yeah, you could be and well, you are.

Is that it? You call me stupid. No reason. Just calling me stupid. Typical coming from you.

I'm shocked you havent broke out the Peyton Manning overrated card yet.

Splaya
10-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Sergay Federov
Randy Johnson
ARod
Kerry Wood
Shockey
Trent Green

VonErich Lives
10-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Is that it? You call me stupid. No reason. Just calling me stupid. Typical coming from you.

I'm shocked you havent broke out the Peyton Manning overrated card yet.

Once again you prove you're an idiot.

If you kept reading you'd see where I quoted Miz and what I was replying to and why you're an idiot.

Also, if you actually pulled your head out of your ass and read a bit, you'd see I've never said Manning is over rated, and has great physical tools, but with one exception has always folded under pressure/ in big games.

You've gone from being a funny blind homer, to a waste of time idiot.

Gertner
10-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Warren Sapp, Rasheed Wallace

The Gooch
10-07-2005, 11:08 PM
David Beckham. C'mon, missing the net on a penalty kick can't happen in a big game.

I think Becks is awesome and one of the best passers in soccer, but for all of that he still fucked up when English soccer fans needed him most.

The Outlaw
10-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Randy Johnson
ARod

Y2C
10-08-2005, 12:21 AM
Anybody from the ICC World XI

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Derek Lowe

He did great for the Red Sox last year during the playoffs. During the regular season though he did not really do very well. Then LA went and signed him to a huge deal and he was exactly what he was in Boston the year before - an average pitcher.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Shockey gets way too much coverage too IMO. He's good but the way he gets talked about you would think he is a first ballot hall of famer

El Capitano Gatisto
10-08-2005, 09:59 AM
David Beckham. C'mon, missing the net on a penalty kick can't happen in a big game.

I think Becks is awesome and one of the best passers in soccer, but for all of that he still fucked up when English soccer fans needed him most.

Roberto Baggio did the same thing in the World Cup final. He was still the man.

YOUR Hero
10-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Derek Lowe

He did great for the Red Sox last year during the playoffs. During the regular season though he did not really do very well. Then LA went and signed him to a huge deal and he was exactly what he was in Boston the year before - an average pitcher.

Who cheats on his wife.

VonErich Lives
10-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Who cheats on his wife.

Which has what to do with his ability to pitch?

He was cheating on her in Boston and won a WS. Only difference is rather then local "fans" at the clubs/bars he moved on to a sports reporter... I hope for her sake it works out, otherwise she comitted career suicide.

YOUR Hero
10-08-2005, 11:29 AM
You think the distraction of having a divorce and people question your character doesn't affect your job, your ability to do your job?

I guess you'd never know, you know, since you have a dog and not a wife.

LK
10-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Barry Ferguson - Looks decent when playing pish like Richie Hart and Darren Young in the SPL but his inability to take control of a game in Europe or on the international scene is always apparent.

OssMan
10-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Lets compare season stats so far among Shockey and other TE

Jeremy Shockey

G | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
+----------+-----+-------------------------+
4 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/ShocJe00.htm#2005) | 17 251 14.8 2

Antonio Gates

b G | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
| 3 (http://profootballreference.com/games/GateAn00.htm#2005) | 18 280 15.6 1 |

Alge Crumpler

G | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
4 (http://profootballreference.com/games/CrumAl00.htm#2005) | 13 158 12.2 1

Tony Gonzalez

G | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
4 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/GonzTo00.htm#2005) | 16 129 8.1 0

Todd Heap:

G | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
3 (http://profootballreference.com/games/HeapTo00.htm#2005) | 13 133 10.2 0

Jason Witten:

G | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
4 (http://profootballreference.com/games/WittJa00.htm#2005) | 16 181 11.3 1

LJ Smith

G | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
4 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/SmitL.00.htm#2005) | 26 265 10.2 2</pre>

Only Gates & Smith put up better numbers really.

RP
10-09-2005, 12:59 AM
VEL are you in first grade? You really do act like it sometimes.

Crimson
10-09-2005, 05:27 PM
A mister Troy Polamalu.

C'mon ,are you jus gonna throw any name out there,lol. He is good, but not better than ROY

el fregadero
10-09-2005, 11:59 PM
No, Roy Williams is pracitcally the definition of overrated. I like him, but he isn't the best safety at anything.

VonErich Lives
10-10-2005, 03:35 AM
You think the distraction of having a divorce and people question your character doesn't affect your job, your ability to do your job?

I guess you'd never know, you know, since you have a dog and not a wife.

It might, it might not, all depends on the person doesn't it?

That being said, he cheated, he filed for the divorcee, what does he have to feel sorry for? It's not like it was some shock to him.

VEL are you in first grade? You really do act like it sometimes.

Ok, boy wonder... explain this one....

Or is this simply "I have nothing logical to say and the attention isn't on me, so I'll just throw a random insult to up my post count"

RP
10-10-2005, 03:41 AM
It might, it might not, all depends on the person doesn't it?

That being said, he cheated, he filed for the divorcee, what does he have to feel sorry for? It's not like it was some shock to him.

Ok, boy wonder... explain this one....

Or is this simply "I have nothing logical to say and the attention isn't on me, so I'll just throw a random insult to up my post count"

Whever people disagree with you, you call them a idiot or stupid. Look at your own posts.

RBM
10-10-2005, 03:49 AM
Derek Jeter.

Y2C
10-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Who cheats on his wife.
Most sporting players do, but only few get caught.

Rob Ban Fan
10-10-2005, 08:11 AM
<font color="#ff6600">I was gonna say Frank Lampard too.

Everyone creams their pants over him, calling him one of, if not the best midfielders in Europe. Its GAY. He scores a lot of goals, yes because he constantly shoots. Whenever he gets the ball and he's outside the box he has a dig and a lot of them get deflected in. But his passing is very limited and aside from hammering the ball, he doesn't do a lot else.

Thats what fucked me off about him in Euro 2004 for England. He scored a lot of goals but other than that he was anonymous.

Fucking fat, overrated cunt.</Font>

The Icon of Elisim
10-10-2005, 11:34 AM

lol, pot-kettle moment of the century

mrslackalack
10-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Clinton Portis: His stats have gone down bad since he had been in Washington.

VonErich Lives
10-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Whever people disagree with you, you call them a idiot or stupid. Look at your own posts.

No, when someone makes things up I never said I call them an idiot.

When people insult me rather then trying to discuss a point, I call them an idiot.

When YOU reply to a post that clearly wasn't directed at you with no information on the subject, I call YOU an idiot.

The Outlaw
10-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Or when someone shoots you down with facts, you trash their teams. Always good to go that route.

Gertner
10-10-2005, 04:24 PM
i agree on Clinton Portis.

How about Elton Brand and Abdur Rahim

VonErich Lives
10-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Or when someone shoots you down with facts, you trash their teams. Always good to go that route.

Examples?

YOUR Hero
10-10-2005, 07:52 PM
LMAO

RP
10-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Examples?

Lets see... Pretty much anytime someone has criticism of the Red Sox or Pats.

Kapoutman
10-10-2005, 10:34 PM
José Théodore. He had a good year when he won the Vezina, but he became worse by the year ever since. People here are still high on him because he goes on every talk show there is, womem think he's cute and casual fans say "Oh, I'm sure he will find his edge back this year". I have troubles finding someone with hockey knowledge who think he is good. He constantly chokes under pressure, he throws himself on the ice too fast, half the goals he allows are weak goals that most other goalies would have stopped by moving the stick, his mitten hand sucks and he lives off a reputation he acquired because of one good year. You could compare that to Jim Carrey, former Washington Capitals goaler. Finally, he is overpaid, and should be traded for something good before his reputation goes away.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
I don't think Elton Brand is overrated. I always thought he was underrated.

Crimson
10-10-2005, 11:06 PM
No, Roy Williams is pracitcally the definition of overrated. I like him, but he isn't the best safety at anything.

I'll agree when you name a better run stuffer.

YOUR Hero
10-10-2005, 11:37 PM
José Théodore. He had a good year when he won the Vezina, but he became worse by the year ever since. People here are still high on him because he goes on every talk show there is, womem think he's cute and casual fans say "Oh, I'm sure he will find his edge back this year". I have troubles finding someone with hockey knowledge who think he is good. He constantly chokes under pressure, he throws himself on the ice too fast, half the goals he allows are weak goals that most other goalies would have stopped by moving the stick, his mitten hand sucks and he lives off a reputation he acquired because of one good year. You could compare that to Jim Carrey, former Washington Capitals goaler. Finally, he is overpaid, and should be traded for something good before his reputation goes away.

Actually, it's more like he had one off year and you won't forgive him.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=18><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left width="18%">Year</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left width="6%">Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>GP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>GS</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>MIN</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>W</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>L</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>T</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>OTL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>EGA</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>GA</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>GAA</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SA</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SV</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SV%</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>SO</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2001</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>MON</TD><TD class=yspscores>67</TD><TD class=yspscores>64</TD><TD class=yspscores>3864</TD><TD class=yspscores>30</TD><TD class=yspscores>24</TD><TD class=yspscores>10</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>9</TD><TD class=yspscores>136</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.11</TD><TD class=yspscores>1972</TD><TD class=yspscores>1836</TD><TD class=yspscores>.931</TD><TD class=yspscores>7</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2002</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>MON</TD><TD class=yspscores>57</TD><TD class=yspscores>57</TD><TD class=yspscores>3419</TD><TD class=yspscores>20</TD><TD class=yspscores>31</TD><TD class=yspscores>6</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>6</TD><TD class=yspscores>165</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.90</TD><TD class=yspscores>1797</TD><TD class=yspscores>1632</TD><TD class=yspscores>.908</TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2003</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>MON</TD><TD class=yspscores>67</TD><TD class=yspscores>66</TD><TD class=yspscores>3961</TD><TD class=yspscores>33</TD><TD class=yspscores>28</TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores>150</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.27</TD><TD class=yspscores>1860</TD><TD class=yspscores>1710</TD><TD class=yspscores>.919</TD><TD class=yspscores>6</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2001 - Vezina
2002 - off year
2003 - solid season

If it wasn't for the win/loss in his 'bad year' everything else stacks up very nice in 2002. And 2003... come on. those are solid, SOLID numbers.

Kapoutman
10-11-2005, 12:35 AM
2003 are good numbers because he had a good team in front of him. He had Ribeiro, Ryder, Koivu and Zednik on attack to save his ass, while Markov, Sourray, Rivet and Bouillon were a solid defense. What makes me mad is that they say he's the kind of goalie that can make a team. False. Patrick Roy could carry a bad team on his back. Luongo seems like he can do it. Brodeur can do it. Theodore is the complete opposite. He either gets carried by his team or he crumbles, except for 2001.

I mean sure, the numbers are there, but when you watch each and every match he has, you quickly notice everything I said, notiably that the guy his always down and makes an habit out of allowing weak goals.

An example would be this season start. Canadiesn are 3-0. People around here say "WOW! Theodore will win us the cup this year!" Wrong. It's been all about the offense being able to score only one more goal than he can allow, and all of his goals in the last match have been really weak goal.

RP
10-11-2005, 12:49 AM
I'll agree when you name a better run stuffer.

Marcus Stroud
John Henderson
Kris Jenkings
Corey Simon

I could go on as far as DLinemen. Safteys, I dunno. Probably none better.

RP
10-11-2005, 12:52 AM
I'll add Champ Bailey to the list of overrated. Whens the last time he's shut down someone in a meaningful game?

RP
10-11-2005, 12:54 AM
How bout Derek Jeter.

darkpower
10-11-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm surprised that Randy Moss hasn't been mentioned yet.

I don't care WHAT kind of stats you have. You could be rushing for 200 yeards PER GAME for all I care.

If you are going to play for me, you BETTER be reliable in how your attitude about the game is. Walking off the field whenever you damn well please, being controversial for the sake of being controversial, having the biggest mouth out of anyone and running it too damn much. NO team should have to put up with someone who you don't know how many unsportsmanlike conduct flags you will be getting because of him, or if he is even going actually be a teammate.

Sorry, but I don't care what kind of stats Moss had. That wasn't the main reason why the Vikings didn't care less about him after 04 (I can't remember if they cut him loose or he became a free agent or whatever it was). They stopped caring the minute he became unreliable as part of the team.

The Outlaw
10-11-2005, 03:34 AM
Examples?

http://tpww.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

The Gooch
10-11-2005, 07:50 AM

Dunno, looking at how shitty the Vikes have played this year leads me to believe that Moss is still worth all the hype. Daunte Culpepper however fits the title well. Perhaps it was easy for him to look like a top knotch NFL QB chucking the ball to Randy all these years. Now that he is gone...

Gonzo
10-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Not by a huge amount but I think Lamont Jordan is a little overrated. Now by the end of the year this statement could be reversed but so far he is only averaging 3.7 YPC with like 1 or 2 TD's. He was pretty decent in his role with the Jets but I don't know if he has solidified his position as a #1 RB just yet. So until then, for as much as he was hyped going to Oakland, I think he is a tad overrated.

VonErich Lives
10-11-2005, 04:40 PM

again, examples?

When people talk stats and facts that's fine.

Stuff like "Sox Suck" or making things up I never said, or responding to something never asked or questioned then yes, I call the person an idiot.

If you actually took the time to look, you'd notice I usually dust off the insults to try and keep the discussion going and I'm the last to go there...

But, since your head is clearly up your butt, it must be tough to read.

VonErich Lives
10-11-2005, 04:41 PM
lol, pot-kettle moment of the century

Example? yeah, thought so... thanks for playing, please come again, perferable with something to add on the topic of the thread.

RP
10-11-2005, 04:44 PM
again, examples?

Stuff like "Sox Suck" or making things up I never said, or responding to something never asked or questioned then yes, I call the person an idiot.

If you actually took the time to look, you'd notice I usually dust off the insults to try and keep the discussion going and I'm the last to go there...

My example is in your post.

Team Sheep
10-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Gavin Henson

VonErich Lives
10-11-2005, 07:04 PM

you really are a complete idiot, thanks for proving it over and over again.

weather vane
10-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Jeremy Shockey is not overrated at all. Dumbest thing I have ever heard.

YOUR Hero
10-11-2005, 09:14 PM
How bout Derek Jeter.

I say no.

While it's true he gets a lot of coverage, he is a great important game player. You know what I mean?... When the games count he seems to always rise to the occasion be it on offense or on defense. I rag on the Yankees a lot, but Jeter is a guy that I truly look to as one of the best.

YOUR Hero
10-11-2005, 09:16 PM
http://tpww.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

LOL

VEL, don't you see a pattern here? Or do you really think everyone is wrong and only you are right.

The Miz
10-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Here's an example for you VEL

So because Blalock has few errors and high FPCT he's a gold glove 3B? Errors are a very unaccurate stat, how many times have you seen a guy get a cheap error on a play he shouldn't have or make an error and the hitter gets credited with a single? Errors are a judgement call and thus inaccurate. Chavez has 4 more errors than Blalock, and as someone who watched a ton of Oakland games I can tell you alot of them were unfairly credited. Early in the season before Dan Johnson was called up Oakland had an awful defensive 1B in Scott Hatteberg who missed at least 4 Chavez throws that Mark Teixiera or any decent 1B would've dug out. I've seen alot of Oakland and Texas games and Chavez > Blalock.

One again VEL you don't understand stats. I like how you just took the top 3 guys in fielding % as your candidates though. Watch the games sometime.
Of course can't blame you for watching Oakland v. Texas, anything's better then a Mariners game.

The Miz
10-11-2005, 09:24 PM
LOL this might be my favorite VEL post of all time, here's a breakdown of my post and his response.

The Miz:

1. Just because Hank Blalock has few errors and a high FPCT that does not make him a great third baseman.

2. Errors are an innacurate stat. Errors are often incorrectly awarded and often unawarded when they should be.

3. Hank Blalock had a better first baseman than Eric Chavez for half a year, helping out with his error count.

4. Based on my viewing of the games and not stats, Chavez is better than Blalock.

VEL:

1. You made a typo.

2. You act like you watch every game.

3. I didn't say any one deserved more than any other, I just brought up names.

4. You don't understand stats.

5. Gold gloves are not based upon how you think a player looks. (Editors note: What?)

6. Errors and fielding percentage = defense

7. The Mariners are bad.

YOUR Hero
10-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Editors note:...

LMAO

RP
10-11-2005, 09:41 PM

again, examples?

you really are a complete idiot, thanks for proving it over and over again.

:lol:

BCWWF
10-11-2005, 10:24 PM

I don't care WHAT kind of stats you have. You could be rushing for 200 yeards PER GAME for all I care.

If you are going to play for me, you BETTER be reliable in how your attitude about the game is. Walking off the field whenever you damn well please, being controversial for the sake of being controversial, having the biggest mouth out of anyone and running it too damn much. NO team should have to put up with someone who you don't know how many unsportsmanlike conduct flags you will be getting because of him, or if he is even going actually be a teammate.

Sorry, but I don't care what kind of stats Moss had. That wasn't the main reason why the Vikings didn't care less about him after 04 (I can't remember if they cut him loose or he became a free agent or whatever it was). They stopped caring the minute he became unreliable as part of the team.

I'm sorry but that is probably the most retarded thing that I have ever heard.

1. He didn't walk off the field whenever he wanted to, he walked off while his team was kicking off with two seconds left. Randy Moss is not the only one to ever walk off the field before the game is done, he's just the only one hated enough to mention it.

2. Moss doesn't talk as much as TO or as Chad Johnson, and when he does he speaks in confidence, not it arrogance. He doesn't take a sharpie out and sign a ball, he doesn't hide cell phones in the pads, he pretends to moon a crowd. That being said, Randy Moss has reason to be confident, he is better than TO and Chad.

3. The Vikings are not as stupid as you are, they did not cut him loose. They traded him for a starting linebacker, a top 10 draft pick, and another draft pick.

4. How can you be overrated if you are the best player in your position? The only way you can guard him is to put a safety on him, which opens up the rest of your team, uncluding the run game. All he has to do is run and he affects the game more then any wide receiver. You can make the argument that Harrison or TO is better, but neither have Moss's big play capability. He is fast, can jump, and has hands.

Finally, Moss has been underrated until last year, when he was finally respected. He was cut from the Pro Bowl in 2002 because of off-feild actions, even though he deserved to be there. He has been one of the top receivers since coming into the league but hasn't gotten credit for that until last year. He gets more credit as a thug then he does as the top receiver in the league.

Rain Man
10-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Moss is so one dimensional is the thing that makes him overrated. He is so much faster than the corners that he just does straight routes. Never goes across the middle or can run after the catch like TO does. I have never really seen Chad Johnson play so IDK about him. But Moss is def not better than TO.

BCWWF
10-11-2005, 11:32 PM
TO plays on a better team in a bigger market, which is the only reason he is compared. No doubt he is a great wide receiver, but Moss and Harrison are special receivers, they just have incredible talent.

Gonzo
10-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Different types of receivers. I can't say which one is better than who or is the best because each one fits their team because of their style of play.

RP
10-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Deion Branch > *

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-12-2005, 12:19 AM
I'll agree when you name a better run stuffer.From the safety position? Rodney Harrison maybe.

Being a good run stuffer doesn't mean you can't be overrated as a safety though.

Crimson
10-12-2005, 11:24 AM
From the safety position? Rodney Harrison maybe.

Being a good run stuffer doesn't mean you can't be overrated as a safety though.

I agree, im trying to defend my Roy Williams godamnit.

Yashamaga
10-12-2005, 03:03 PM
I'll go some hockey on you

Rick Nash - Why this guy gets all the praise that he gets I don't know. He's only like 20 years old so he could improve though but I've seen him play and the goals that he gets all seem to be garbage goals out of scrambles in front of the net and the occasional one timer fed to him that he finishes. I haven't seen him use puck handling skills all too often. And look at his stats: 41 goals and SIXTEEN assists. You can't blame that all on the CLB's offense because they have a few good players (Vyborny,Zherdev,Marchant).

and to lesser extents:

Sergei Gonchar: Great with the puck, but for a defenseman he sure doesn't know how to defend.

Glen Murray: GREAT finisher, but without Thornton he's a 50 point player.

J.S. Giguere: Amazing 2002, with the best playoff performance I've seen in my life. Other than that though, he's been just a decent goalie.

And on Yahoo Fantasy Sports: Anson Carter. (what the hell is up with his ranking being like 45? :wtf: )

Yashamaga
10-12-2005, 03:09 PM
And Chad Johnson's the man btw

Nark Order
10-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Tito Ortiz

VonErich Lives
10-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Hero - On Jeter I agree, I always call him the Ted Bruschi of Baseball, may not be the most talented, but works his ass off and out performs his skill. I've always said, he's one Yankee I’d be more then happy to have on the Red Sox.

Hero - as for the "everyone wrong", RP, who thinks I know nothing because I don't agree Peyton Manning is the best QB ever. Miz - Who takes cheap shots, and calls people names to make his point, then when given questions ignores them and responds with his own questions and an overload of stats that had nothing to do with the original question he ignored (like the Kane Knight of the sports forum), You, who clearly know what I said but figured you'd try and get a rile out of me, I'll respond, but could really care less, but I'm sure it makes you happy and 2 others who never posted in the thread and deiced to "up their post count" or "try and be on the cool side" of a disagreement and when asked for facts to backup their comments disappear as quickly as they arrived. Yeah, then I guess that's everyone...

RP - You're still an idiot, your quotes proved my point. Yes, I called you an idiot, but it wasn't a response to some stat or facts about the Red Sox or Patriots like you're claiming, really... just stick to Peyton, a subject you know well. To clarify, so you can understand, I didn't call you an idiot because you think Peyton > Brady, I didn't call you an idiot because you think Colts > Pats or Colts = Super bowl, I only call you an idiot when you say things that make no sense, like when you responded to something that I quoted Miz and responded to him, and you replied like you somehow thought I meant you and a completely different subject.

Miz - First, great edit job there, way to take part of a quote and make it look like that's all I said. I find it really funny you would even say anything, when your normally the first to pull out an insult in a discussion and typically I ignore you're stupid stuff, because when it comes to stats/facts you do know you're stuff and find a lot of stats, but you're the first to call someone stupid or and idiot when you disagree with their opinion, even better has been you're recent job of making things up I never said. "Your opinion doesn't count because you like Seattle" that's crap, and you know I never said that, and even if you wish to twist something I said to make it look like that's what I meant you know I didn't.

Anyway, hope we're done with this game and we can all get back to our usual discussions.

So, to summarize, I could really give a crap less what you all think, but trying to discuss opinions and facts and stats, when people keep mixing in all this bullshit get's annoying, most the people who post on here don't have the time to go through every thread and a bunch of useless posts and when they start seeing this crap just skip to the next thread which kills a discussion.

VonErich Lives
10-12-2005, 07:44 PM
One last thing to clarify, then I'm done replying to this crap.

I did not say you can't have an opinion of a team, if the team you root for did worse.

What I've said, it is seems pretty stupid, dumb, silly, whatever you wan't to call it, to "rag on" a team, when the team you support did worse. "Rag on" not, bring up facts why they did bad etc, but stuff like "they suck" etc...

Hero, I'm still waiting for your answer on this "Red sox fans think everyone cares about the Red Sox". I'm just wondering where you get this idea?

Do Sox v. Yanks get more coverage then other teams? Sure, but clearly someone besides Boston & NY must care, otherwise TV is driven by raitings and people changing the channel would cause a change in format.

Look at WS viewing numbers, which turns into AD $$$'s which is why sports are on TV.

But, at least all the Sox fans I know, don't think everyone cares about the Sox, and could careless who else wants to see them.

VonErich Lives
10-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Tito Ortiz

Interesting choice..

12-4.

I admit I don't know a lot about UFC, try to follow but not closely enough.

He beat Ken Shamrock past his prime (Shamrock was past his prime).

Then dropped back to back to Couture & Liddell.

Ortiz is 30, was his past his prime? or just too cocky?

The Miz
10-12-2005, 08:06 PM
when given questions ignores them and responds with his own questions and an overload of stats that had nothing to do with the original question he ignored

I'd like to show me an example of me doing this. If you have any unanswered questions, post em again, I'll humor you.

because when it comes to stats/facts you do know you're stuff and find a lot of stats,

Like 3 days ago you said "You don't understand stats"

"Your opinion doesn't count because you like Seattle" that's crap, and you know I never said that, and even if you wish to twist something I said to make it look like that's what I meant you know I didn't.

Seattle is your backup plan. When you know you're defeated you throw in a Seattle jab. I challenge you to find one time where I debated you about something and I mentioned the Red Sox when they were not the subject. Because you've done it about 500 times with Seattle.

RP
10-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Hero - as for the "everyone wrong", RP, who thinks I know nothing because I don't agree Peyton Manning is the best QB ever.

I stopped reading right there. I've never once said that on this board. Which pretty much proves my point. You are a New England propagandist. You spew shit that no one has ever said to prove arguments against people that no one has ever made.

I did skim through and notice you called me an idiot again though. :lol:

VonErich Lives
10-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Miz - I'll do a search when I have time, part of it is, we seem to discuss the same things in multiple threads.

I'll have to look, but I think my "you don't understand stats" was in response to you trying to tell me the same thing....

No, Seattle isn't a backup plan, with the exception of a "joke" at the end of a response (the watching other games) I strictly bring it up in response to you taking shots, not discussing a subject. The exception being the "sox buy everyone" and I just used your team as one of the examples as a team that spent money and didn't win, v. a teams that don't spend a lot and do well.

anyway, enough wasting our time on this crap... let's talk free agents, since we sox fans think everyone only cares about the Red Sox, then the season is over and we should discuss free agents. Of course, the CS and WS TV ratings could prove me wrong, and maybe everyone doesn't care about the sox (anyone who couldn't figure that out, it was major sarcasm, not being serious)

VonErich Lives
10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Hero - as for the "everyone wrong", RP, who thinks I know nothing because I don't agree Peyton Manning is the best QB ever.

I stopped reading right there. I've never once said that on this board. Which pretty much proves my point. You are a New England propagandist. You spew shit that no one has ever said to prove arguments against people that no one has ever made.

I did skim through and notice you called me an idiot again though. :lol:

You're completely useless, I'm just adding you to my ban list, because it's a waste of time reading your crap.

You respond without reading, make things up people never said and accuse people of things they never said.

You're simply a waste of time.

have fun, when the seasons over and the Colts don't win the superbowl I'll be sure to take you off the blocked list so I can watch you eat your crow.

BCWWF
10-12-2005, 08:17 PM
DaveWadding - You continue to discuss topic on this board. Dave "I am a fan of the shitty ass Rams" Wadding, all you ever do is post and rep, you never do anything else on these boards. Until you can gain some credibility back and start rooting for the Twins, I am going to ingnore every post until further notice. Goodday.

RP
10-12-2005, 08:21 PM
You're completely useless, I'm just adding you to my ban list, because it's a waste of time reading your crap.

You respond without reading, make things up people never said and accuse people of things they never said.

You're simply a waste of time.

have fun, when the seasons over and the Colts don't win the superbowl I'll be sure to take you off the blocked list so I can watch you eat your crow.

I have a feeling i wont be coming off this ban list.

The Outlaw
10-12-2005, 09:36 PM
DaveWadding - You continue to discuss topic on this board. Dave "I am a fan of the shitty ass Rams" Wadding, all you ever do is post and rep, you never do anything else on these boards. Until you can gain some credibility back and start rooting for the Twins, I am going to ingnore every post until further notice. Goodday.

lol where did that come from?

YOUR Hero
10-12-2005, 09:55 PM
VEL, are you saying Red Sox fans don't (didn't) always go on about how they never won a championship since 1918 or whatever it was? How it's been 86 years and its time that they win one. TV, newspaper, movies even. Guess what, not everyone cares. Not everyone shares that sentiment. I care for my team to win. I like to talk about other teams too, but I cannot stand hearing everyone every year the Red Sox are in the playoffs go on and on about the curse of Ruth. Shut up already.

You yourself then go on to say "ratings prove that people want to see Boston" WTF! How can you on one hand say "No Red Sox fan only cares about Boston" and then say that. It's a hypocritical statement.

Kid Robb
10-13-2005, 03:06 AM
Steph Marbury. Most overrated player in the NBA.

VonErich Lives
10-13-2005, 04:50 AM
VEL, are you saying Red Sox fans don't (didn't) always go on about how they never won a championship since 1918 or whatever it was? How it's been 86 years and its time that they win one. TV, newspaper, movies even. Guess what, not everyone cares. Not everyone shares that sentiment. I care for my team to win. I like to talk about other teams too, but I cannot stand hearing everyone every year the Red Sox are in the playoffs go on and on about the curse of Ruth. Shut up already.

You yourself then go on to say "ratings prove that people want to see Boston" WTF! How can you on one hand say "No Red Sox fan only cares about Boston" and then say that. It's a hypocritical statement.

Hero, my point is, you seemed (correct me if I read you wrong) to be saying that Red Sox fans try to force our Red Sox on everyone. My point is, we could careless, the same way you "care for my team to win" we care for ours. Do we get extra media time? Sure, so do the NYY, so do the LA Lakers when they have a bad team, it has nothing to do with Sox Fans feeling "superior" it has to do with TV Execs looking at markets and buy rates, and yeah, the Red Sox not winning for 86 years, but coming close a few times and having things like, Buckner, The Phantom Tag, Buckey Dent etc... fueled that stupid "curse" things. I never bought the curse. Buckner never should have been out there, it should have been Dave Stapelton but Macnemara wanted Buckner on the field when they won. The Phantom Tag was a game of bad calls, Buckey Dent, well... it was a good hit.

Do we the fans talk about our team? Sure, the same way fans of other teams talk about their teams.

When it comes to what's on ESPN or who gets the Prime Time Fox Game, if it was just boston fans (or NYY) we wouldn't get the coverage we do.

VonErich Lives
10-13-2005, 04:51 AM
This message is hidden because Rectal Pertruder is on your ignore list.

(does happy dance)

RP
10-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Well i'm glad because i wouldnt want you to know that i fucked your g/f on the 50 yard line of Gillette stadium and then wiped my dick off with a Teddy Bruschi jersey and proclaimed that i had all the stroke.

Gonzo
10-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Kind of sad how you have to block people just to avoid them making you look like a dumbass, VEL. :'(

VonErich Lives
10-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Kind of sad how you have to block people just to avoid them making you look like a dumbass, VEL. :'(

Ok, and can I have an example of this? I asked him more then once for a valid example of where I called him an idiot because he had a different opinion or a stats that disagreed with my opinion and he couldn't find one.

But whatever you want to think, I could really careless.

Zelda
10-13-2005, 10:15 PM
2003 are good numbers because he had a good team in front of him. He had Ribeiro, Ryder, Koivu and Zednik on attack to save his ass, while Markov, Sourray, Rivet and Bouillon were a solid defense. What makes me mad is that they say he's the kind of goalie that can make a team. False. Patrick Roy could carry a bad team on his back. Luongo seems like he can do it. Brodeur can do it. Theodore is the complete opposite. He either gets carried by his team or he crumbles, except for 2001.

I mean sure, the numbers are there, but when you watch each and every match he has, you quickly notice everything I said, notiably that the guy his always down and makes an habit out of allowing weak goals.

An example would be this season start. Canadiesn are 3-0. People around here say "WOW! Theodore will win us the cup this year!" Wrong. It's been all about the offense being able to score only one more goal than he can allow, and all of his goals in the last match have been really weak goal.

:y:

Rob
10-13-2005, 10:21 PM
<font color="#ff6600">I was gonna say Frank Lampard too.

Everyone creams their pants over him, calling him one of, if not the best midfielders in Europe. Its GAY. He scores a lot of goals, yes because he constantly shoots. Whenever he gets the ball and he's outside the box he has a dig and a lot of them get deflected in. But his passing is very limited and aside from hammering the ball, he doesn't do a lot else.

Thats what fucked me off about him in Euro 2004 for England. He scored a lot of goals but other than that he was anonymous.

Fucking fat, overrated cunt.</Font>

Dazz just had a heart attack

:rofl:

Rob
10-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Interesting choice..

12-4.

I admit I don't know a lot about UFC, try to follow but not closely enough.

He beat Ken Shamrock past his prime (Shamrock was past his prime).

Then dropped back to back to Couture & Liddell.

Ortiz is 30, was his past his prime? or just too cocky?

Tito Ortiz isn't past his prime or too cocky. He asked for a high salary and people shit on him. He is worth what he is asking for. UFC just wouldn't pay him. Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture are worth more too but if they want to work cheap, that's their business.

VonErich Lives
10-14-2005, 04:25 AM
Tito Ortiz isn't past his prime or too cocky. He asked for a high salary and people shit on him. He is worth what he is asking for. UFC just wouldn't pay him. Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture are worth more too but if they want to work cheap, that's their business.

If he's good as he thinks, or you say, why did he drop the Couture and Lidell?

Wasn't Coture like 10yrs older at the time?

VonErich Lives
10-14-2005, 04:26 AM
Also, it's funny you said it's a money thing, you'd think he'd stay away from UFC all together, but he's doing "guest ref" spots for them.

RP
10-14-2005, 04:32 AM

Yah he's still 10 years older.:roll:

BCWWF
10-14-2005, 04:35 AM
The Rectal Pertruder strikes again!

RoXer
10-14-2005, 11:24 AM
haha

John la Rock
10-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Peyton Manning and Alex Rodriguez

sure they have put up good numbers but I won't consider them great unless they perform in the playoffs.

Didn't A-Rod hit like 173 in the division series?

Vastardikai
10-14-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm definitely gonna catch hell for this, but Tom Brady.

He's like Troy Aikman, IMO. A decent Quarterback with a PHENOMENAL Offensive Line. They talk about him like he's the greatest QB who has EVER lived.

The Miz
10-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Peyton Manning and Alex Rodriguez

sure they have put up good numbers but I won't consider them great unless they perform in the playoffs.

Didn't A-Rod hit like 173 in the division series?

:|

AVG/OBP/SLG/HR/RBI

2004 vs. MIN
.421/.476/.737/1/3
2004 vs. BOS
.258/.378/.516/2/5

2000 vs. CHI
.308/.308./.308/0/2
2000 vs. NYY
.409/.480/.773/2/5

1997 vs. BAL
.312/.312./.562/1/1

Out of 6 playoff series, ARod has had 1 shitty one. What a choker.

Here are some of Reggie "Mr. October" Jackson's postseason lines

1974 ALCS vs. BAL
.167/.412/.250/0/1

1973 ALCS vs. BAL
.143/.143/.143/0/0

1977 ALCS vs. KC
.125/.222/.125/1/2

Get off ARod's nuts.

Rob
10-14-2005, 04:21 PM

Wow he lost 2 fights to two of the best 205lbs fighters in the world. Something to be embarrassed about there. Did he get chances to avenage those losses? No and you can blame Dana White aka. Mini Vince McMahon for that.

VonErich Lives
10-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Wow he lost 2 fights to two of the best 205lbs fighters in the world. Something to be embarrassed about there. Did he get chances to avenage those losses? No and you can blame Dana White aka. Mini Vince McMahon for that.

As I said, I don't follow that closely, that's why I'm asking.

If he has issues with Dana White, why does he do stuff for the Spike program? (I'm pretty sure he was a guest ref).

What's his money issue? Is it someone making more? or just not making enough in general?

Rob
10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Basically he had the biggest contract in the UFC and wanted more money (this was after fighting Couture, Liddell and Vitor Belfort) which would have made him even more highly paid in comparison to Liddell and Couture. Dana White basically said he wasn't worth it, told him to go fuck himself and pretty much erased him from UFC history. Tito Ortiz was, by far, the biggest draw in UFC history both at the live gate and on PPV. Only one fight (Couture vs. Liddell) has drawn comparible numbers since. White said Stephan Bonnar and Forrest Griffin were bigger stars than him since the Ultimate Fighter show which is total bullshit and that Couture and Liddell didn't make what Ortiz did and they both beat him. If Couture and Liddell are happy fighting for less then that's their business. Ortiz is worth the money though. Live gate sell outs with record numbers for ticket revenue and record PPV revenue happened because Ortiz was main event and he deserved to be rewarded for it. However, White is turning into a version of Vince McMahon and become a jerkoff because of it. He needs stars and won't pay for them. Right now, he has one major fight left and that is Couture vs. Liddell III. If he had Ortiz, he had HUGE interest in rematches with Liddell, Couture, Ken Shamrock and a first match with Lee Murray that people were buzzing about but UFC had no intention of booking. They were like WCW in this sense that they would hint at hot fights and then do absolutely nothing to deliver. Lee Murray said he would fight Ortiz (while cutting arguably the best non Ortiz promo in UFC hisotry) if Ortiz weighed in at 195lbs (I think, maybe 200lbs) on the day of the fight because Murray fights at 185lbs. Ortiz said he wanted the fight and would weigh in on the day. They did ZERO to book this.

As for his skills, he got beat by Couture fair and square. Against Liddell, it was very even until Ortiz got tagged (thinking he could stand up with Liddell) and took a clean shot and then a thumb in the eye before taking like 14 shots before going down. He took a few clean shots at the end of the first round and stood tall and wasn't rocked so he had a chin. He came back and beat Vitor Belfort who is a very respectable name. There was even money in that rematch. Put Murray (who is fighting for his life in hospital right now), Couture, Liddell, Shamrock and Belfort together and you have maybe 2 money fights (Liddell vs. Couture III and the winner against Shamrock). Throw Ortiz in and it's a whole new ball game.

AlphaBean
10-15-2005, 01:46 PM
This message is hidden because Rectal Pertruder is on your ignore list.

(does happy dance)

Hey there dude, don't forget that you're in your 40s. Might want to pull back the reigns a little.

Oh and ROFL at the dude who said "Idunno what the vikings did, cut moss loose, let him go as a free agent or whatever, but he's overrated because he moonedthe crowd and walked off the field." :love:

VonErich Lives
10-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Hey there dude, don't forget that you're in your 40s. Might want to pull back the reigns a little.

Hey dude, don't forget you're Bi-Polar, and can't leave the house without heavy meds.

That and you can't count if you think I'm in my 40's.

RoXer
10-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah, if he was, he'd be 10yrs older at the time.

Skippord
10-18-2005, 02:24 AM
I'll add Champ Bailey to the list of overrated. Whens the last time he's shut down someone in a meaningful game?

I'll agree to an extent he gets hurt a lot but I also think he was the reason we turned our season around against San Diego

AlphaBean
10-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Hey dude, don't forget you're Bi-Polar, and can't leave the house without heavy meds.

That and you can't count if you think I'm in my 40's.

Hey hey hey, this isn't about me, now is it? :mad:

AlphaBean
10-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Oh and you need to replace "heavy meds" with "your mom."

AlphaBean
10-18-2005, 03:03 AM
Oh and you need to replace "heavy meds" with "your mom."

By "your" I mean "VEL's" of course.

VonErich Lives
10-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey hey hey, this isn't about me, now is it? :mad:

Dude, this is an internet message board, EVERYTHING is about you!

While we're on the subject, are you just a depression bi-polar or do you snap and kill people like the guy on ER a few years back? but not know you did it?

OssMan
10-18-2005, 08:08 PM
while we're on the subject:

Shockey:

5 catches, 129 yds, 1 TD.

AlphaBean
10-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Dude, this is an internet message board, EVERYTHING is about you!

While we're on the subject, are you just a depression bi-polar or do you snap and kill people like the guy on ER a few years back? but not know you did it?

I'll leave that up to your imagination...

yianni
10-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Spanish, Italian and Portugese national football teams. They never do anything in the big tournaments :lol:

Rob
10-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Spanish, Italian and Portugese national football teams. They never do anything in the big tournaments :lol:

Oh be fair now. I know you are a bubble but Portugal have done alright.

El Capitano Gatisto
10-19-2005, 06:44 PM
The Italians got the World Cup final in 1994, the European Championships final in 2000. They've also won the World Cup 3 times.

Plus, they were utterly screwed out of it by the ref in 2002.

yianni
10-20-2005, 03:01 AM
I should have stressed nowadays, my bad.

Though ECG has a point, 2002 they were screwed big time. Still don't think they would have won it though. Portugal were just plain unlucky last year in Euro ;) :p

Y2C
10-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Ireland's Gaelic football team.

They can't even play the sport that they invented and play against a group of players who play a different sport for a living.

& Don't say that it's a combination of the 2 games, it's a fucking lot more closer to Gaelic than Aussie football.

Y2C
10-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Greece. :lol:

& the Euro Cup isn't a big tournament, that's just something that stops Brazil from winning everything all of the time.

yianni
10-21-2005, 10:22 PM
ahahahahaha the football expert has spoken. :lol:

Hey dickhead, it's no secret that Greece's win last year was a fluke. I'm not denying that.

Greece has been in the European Cup only twice in history and won it one of those times. :rofl:

Skippord
10-24-2005, 03:03 AM
while we're on the subject:

Shockey:

5 catches, 129 yds, 1 TD.

:'(

AlphaBean
10-25-2005, 03:50 AM

This coming from a SuperSlim fan? o_O

Zen v.W.o.
10-25-2005, 06:40 AM
First, Theodore is not over-rated, if you'll notice, every top goalie is shit right now, and they are in the adjustment period. Once they get cozy with the new game, things will be back to normal. A guy with a Hart and vezina cant really be over-rated.

Ribeiro on the other hand, is over-rated. One good year of like 60 points, and suddenly every local around here thinks he's the man.
He's slow as hell, cant hit, and also looks like a metrosexual.

I firmly believe Joe Thornton is over-rated also.

OssMan
10-25-2005, 05:57 PM
:'(That was two weeks ago against Dallas actually, this week I think was something around 5 catches, 84 yds? I dunno even if he isnt putting up the BEST numbers he is making important catches. Like against Dallas when he carried fucken Roy Williams into the endzone on a 24 yd pass for a TD, tied the game. This week he had 1 (or 2?) big catches that set up the Giants in scoring position.

BCWWF
10-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Dwayne Roloson is still the man you bitch

McDoogle
10-27-2005, 08:46 PM
The Italians got the World Cup final in 1994, the European Championships final in 2000. They've also won the World Cup 3 times.

Thank you, THANK YOU!

Pure screwed by the refs.

Nervous Ferret
10-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Ya
I'm sure the refs set out to make sure the Italians didn't win the World Cup

Gertner
10-27-2005, 09:20 PM

they wouldn't have won anyways. They are huge choke artists.

El Capitano Gatisto
10-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Ya

They did make sure South Korea stayed in, at Italy's expense.

Italy aren't choke artists, football competitions just don't come around very often and they're hard to win. They got to the European Championships final in 2000 and the same team could have won the WC in 2002 if it wasn't for the terrible decisions.

The refs also screwed Spain against South Korea.

BCWWF
10-28-2005, 02:59 AM
Speaking of overrated, what about England nationally. It seems like they get a lot of hype because of the success of the Premiership, but internationally they have't done anything major in years.

AlphaBean
10-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Right... they always talk so much shit about America thinking they're the greatest at sports, but come on. It's "football" this and 'Lennox Lewis' that. And they do win that golf thing... and I think they had a tennis player who made the Wimbledon finals... forget if he won... but yeah, Tennis is international, Golf is international, and they are dominated by Americans... I guess you need to go to England for the sports played by ruffians and vagrants, such as smelly Somalian children kicking around a ball made of Yak testicles toward makeshift goals of Red Cross food crates on either end of the desert...

Hopefully one day America will take hockey into its grasp, as it costs so much money to play hockey, yet Canadians do not have money since they are communists. All they do is use brooms to hit around chunks of coal whilst running barefoot on the ice, and then an NHL scout sees them and orgasms and that's why Canada wins. :(

As for Soccer... our ladies are pretty good, huh? :love:

BCWWF
10-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Hence why I wasn't talking about golf, boxing, or tennis. I figured that posting after a soccer comment and with the mention of the Premiership it would be obvious, but apparently not...

Another one, how about Spain? They always seem to have loads of talent, or at least a good club league, but then they bow out early in the World Cup.

FearTheSpear
10-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Warren Sapp, Rasheed Wallace

Thank God someone said it before I got here. This coming from a Bucs fan, who had to endure years of hearing about this fat racist when awesome guys like John Lynch were carrying the defense.

mrslackalack
10-29-2005, 11:05 PM
How about this years Purdue FB team? no OSU and michigan on their schedule and most of their team coming back. Experts said they had a great shot at winning not only the big ten but also a small chance at the National Title. Well here they are at 2-6 overall and 0-5 in the Big Ten. They cannot even make a bowl game now.

AlphaBean
10-30-2005, 10:25 AM
That doesn't make them overrated...

Talk about a team with a cake schedule getting first place votes due to last year's success, market, or marketability, then you have an overrated team. Take, for example, the Green Bay Packers. No matter how poorly they do, as long as Bret Favre is on that team, John Madden will still talk more about Favre, than the team beating him. :nono:

Walks off the field during a game he felt was unwinnable? Flipped people off? Laughs when he throws the most idiotic pass of his career, during a huge playoff game against his biggest rivals? Hey, he's Bret Favre... let him do whatever he wants. But God forbid Randy Moss fake-moons the fans. :eek:

Skippord
10-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Thank God someone said it before I got here. This coming from a Bucs fan, who had to endure years of hearing about this fat racist when awesome guys like John Lynch were carrying the defense.

John Lynch is the man

BCWWF
10-30-2005, 08:27 PM
You can't deny what Sapp did for Rice though

AlphaBean
11-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Rice was unstoppable before, though; singlehandedly led the Cardinals to the playoffs in 98. :?:

el fregadero
11-01-2005, 11:17 PM
DENIED

mrslackalack
11-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Mike Vick as a passer.

McDoogle
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Ya

Ya and im sure South Korea had all the skill in the world to beat both Italy and Spain at the world cup...:nono:

France was given 6 minutes extra time when no goals or major injuries were sustained in the second half for the finals of Euro 2000. There was absolutely no justification for it.

mrslackalack
11-02-2005, 01:49 PM
Shane Mosley, He beat a bunch of no names and has beens. He did beat De La Hoya twice, but De La Hoya dominated the first half of the fight and Mosley the second so Mosley got the win. The 2nd fight I clearly thought De La Hoya won but they gave it to Mosley. He was Dominated in all 4 of his losses (to Forrest twice and Winky twice) He went winless for 3 yrs after a 40-0 start!

mrslackalack
11-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I am a UK fan but Randolph Morris was overated his freshman year. Many thought he would avg 20 pts and 15 rebs a game and be National Freshman of the year. Instead he only averaged 8 pts and 3 rebounds a game. Hopefully if he gets back his eligibilty that he will improve.