PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2005-2006 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mrslackalack
11-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Well the season began Tues. After 2 games I am impressed with the Bucks and Pistons alot. Kobe's game winning shot gave Lakers fans hope under the Zen Master again. This will be an interesting season

RP
11-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Indiana looks great right now through 3 quarters with the Heat. Artest is playing like he played at the start of last year. He might be MVP this year.

RP
11-03-2005, 10:27 PM
i'm gunna get Jermaine O'neals new shoes.:love:

mrslackalack
11-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Friends of mine from Indiana say its the year of the Colts, Pacers and the return of greatness from the IU b-ball team.

mrslackalack
11-03-2005, 10:29 PM
J Oneal is my favorite NBA player.:y:

RP
11-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Friends of mine from Indiana say its the year of the Colts, Pacers and the return of greatness from the IU b-ball team.

They should pretty much move every big sporting event to Indiana pretty much.:kiss:

BCWWF
11-04-2005, 01:28 AM
Artest wasn't too hot his first game though.

The Heat are overrated and will not make the NBA Finals. The Pacers are the best team in the league. The Spurs will falter.

RoXer
11-04-2005, 08:57 PM
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Nervous Ferret
11-04-2005, 09:00 PM
The Golden State Warriors will win the NFC West

RoXer
11-04-2005, 09:32 PM
dick

RoXer
11-04-2005, 09:33 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Nervous Ferret again.

Ninti the Mad
11-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Spurs will own the Pacers.

loopydate
11-05-2005, 04:08 PM
It's going to be the Spurs against either the Pistons or Pacers in the finals this year. Either way, it'll be a great series. I'm leaning toward the Pistons, but I'm also well aware of my own local bias (and subsequent dislike of #s 1 and 15 on that other Central Division team. :D ).

IMO, the Heat actually made themselves worse this offseason by bringing in a bunch of big names who will only serve to keep the ball out of Shaq and D-Wade's hands (which were the times when they were most successful last season). This is a team that was a game (and an unfortunate injury) away from the Finals last year, and they neutered it.

BCWWF
11-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I agree with Loopy's analysis of the Heat. Awful moves.

Gertner
11-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Utah Jazz 2-0! Let's just give them the championship and save everybodies time

Jinx Chaos
11-05-2005, 06:27 PM
The Celtics need to pull off something good this year.

BCWWF
11-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Wolves

hithit
11-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Bucks starting the year 3-0, good start, hope they can keep it up. That trade for Magloire is looking like a steal for the Bucks.
Redd is looking great this year as well, which is to be expected.
T.J. Ford hasn't really missed a beat, he is leading the offense really good.

DegenerationY
11-07-2005, 09:36 PM
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

BCWWF
11-08-2005, 12:51 AM
KG

SammyG
11-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Smush Parker, Odom, and Kobe. Unstoppable.

BCWWF
11-08-2005, 07:59 PM
The Lakers would have made the playoffs last year had Kobe been healthy

The Outlaw
11-09-2005, 02:59 AM

lol

mrslackalack
11-09-2005, 01:18 PM
The Lakers would have made the playoffs last year had Kobe been healthy

Yeah they might have instead of Memphis.

BCWWF
11-09-2005, 10:31 PM
They were like seventh in the west all the first half, and Kobe kept them close against the far superior Heat. They weren't that bad I don't think.

Gertner
11-09-2005, 11:31 PM
okur, kirlenko, ostertag. Un stoppable!

loopydate
11-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Chauncey, Tay, Rip, the W-- Do I even need to say it?

The Outlaw
11-09-2005, 11:56 PM
I said it last year, and I still say it.

Fire Dick Bavetta.

BCWWF
11-10-2005, 03:34 AM
KG-Marco-Fraham-Eddie G

The Big 4

The Miz
11-20-2005, 05:00 PM
YEAH RAPTORS

BCWWF
11-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Lol at some "source" thinking Kevin Garnett is going to be traded to New York. The potential trade is just awful, and there were so many things wrong with the article.

KG isn't going anywhere, and if he does it's not going to be any time soon.

The Outlaw
11-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Lol at some "source" thinking Kevin Garnett is going to be traded to New York. The potential trade is just awful, and there were so many things wrong with the article.

KG isn't going anywhere, and if he does it's not going to be any time soon.

Randy Moss? ;)

The Icon of Elisim
11-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Interesting trade rumors from insider

"Don't be surprised if the Timberwolves talk trade with the Jazz, with Michael Olowokandi going to Utah for Carlos Boozer, and with either Troy Hudson or Marko Jaric of the Wolves as part of a deal," reports the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Nov 22 - The San Jose Mercury suggets, "Open your eyes, Warriors fans: The Unofficial Garnett Trade Market just revved to life this week, and (Chris ) Mullin could turn out to be a very intriguing and very motivated participant. So if you're Minnesota, do you want the New York Knicks' raggedy collection of expiring salaries or a potential Warriors package of Jason Richardson, Troy Murphy, Ike Diogu and a No. 1 pick?"

Another note they made about KG is that he won't publicly come out and ask for a trade to avoid the press backlash but if he ask the Wolves for a trade they would trade him

BCWWF
11-24-2005, 12:26 PM
ESPN Insider is the most unreliable place to get rumors.

1. Charlie Walters of the Pioneer Press is well known for making up trade rumors based on absolutely nothing, and of course that first rumor was admitted as untrue in that paper the next day. The trade doesn't make any sense either, why trade Kandi when he is finally having an impact for an undersized-injury prone player with an attitude problem?

2. There is a big difference between legit trade rumors and what we are looking at here. The Timberwolves are not shopping Kevin Garnett right now, so how could there be these potential trades? These are things that newspaper columnists come up with based on salary caps and what they consider to be fair. Do you honestly think that at this point in time, the Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors have had discussions about this trade? Do you think that somebody in the front office of the Warriors tipped this reporter off that they are planning on trading away four key players before KG is even on the market?

It is sensationalism, nothing more. I'm not saying that KG won't ever be traded, but if he does it won't be anytime soon, and I guarantee you that teams are jeopardizing their players trust by setting up these blockbusters.

But honestly, ESPN Insider is so bad for stuff like this. It summarizes a big article of speculation into "Knicks to retain KG for Antonio Daniels." The best site to look at, overall the best NBA website out there, is www.hoopshype.com (http://www.hoopshype.com) They go to every newspaper or website with any sort of NBA news and compile them in an organized rumor mill. This way you can see the true context of the story and link to the full article as well. I highly recommend it.

loopydate
12-02-2005, 11:33 PM
LOL. At tonight's Pistons/Knicks game at the Palace, one of the fans was holding up a sign that read:

What can <font color=brown>Brown</font> do for you?
<h1>5-9</h1>

The Miz
12-03-2005, 10:06 AM
The jury is out after 14 games

Gertner
12-03-2005, 04:31 PM
good to see my jazz scoring at a hectic pace

RoXer
12-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Digging the avatar DGY

The Outlaw
12-05-2005, 05:30 PM

LOL again

BCWWF
12-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Of all places, Artest wants to go to the Knicks? Anybody the Pacers would get for him would hurt their team it seems like, and I can't tell if Artest would be good on New York either.

RP
12-12-2005, 03:56 AM
Apparently Peja for Artest is being talked about.

I hope wherever they send Artest. They send Stephen Jackson with him because i'm sick of Stephen Jackson.

Artest is a fucking pussy ass bitch. After all the sticking up the organization has done for this guy. He goes and slaps us in the face like this. Unbelievable. I fought for this guy as a fan and now he says he wants out. What a prick. If Sacramento wants him , they can have him. Take Jackson too. We know where are bread is buttered and thats with J O'neil.

This fucktard will go down as the guy who put Reggie Miller in retirement without a ring in my book. We ( The whole city and organization ) stuck up for him and now we get shat on by this piece of shit cock.

To think we could have had Ray Allen for Artest last year. Guess that wont be happening. I

I dont want Marbury unless they send Jackson to New York and start Marbury at SG. We have a deep and talented PG position as it is.

Joey Slugs
12-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Heat coach Stan Van Gundy resigned and team president Pat Riley, Miami's previous coach, takes over the 11-10 club. Van Gundy said he wasn't booted but needed family time. Story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2256435)

RP
12-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Donnie Walsh basically said he's gunna trade Artest and it sounds like it will be within the next week or 2.

I guess the question becomes. Who and for what?

I've heard talks about getting Peja from Sacramento. Obviously Artest said he wants to go to New York. I dont see that happening at all. I've heard talks about Cleveland. I cant see the Pacers trading him into the same divison and even if they did, for who? Cleveland dont have much to offer. I dont know Seattle's situation, but i'm curious if they are still intrested in moving Ray Allen?

I wonder maybe if Orlando is intrested in moving Steve Francis? If so i hope we send Steph Jackson with Artest.

I cant see us getting any value for this guy. He's a top five player in the league, but no one will give us an equal player. This is gunna get real intresting.

RP
12-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Paul Pierce maybe?

loopydate
12-13-2005, 12:28 AM
I doubt he'll go anywhere in the East, honestly. I don't think Indy wants to play against him unless they reach the Finals.

I don't think they're all that concerned with getting a player of equal value for him. Naturally, they'd love a top-tier 3 for him, but I don't think anyone would be willing to part with one to bring in someone who many (including myself, not that that matters in this discussion) consider to be a locker room liability.

I saw a quote from Jermaine earlier today, not really bashing Artest, but basically saying that he shouldn't be there if he doesn't want to be there.

It's pretty rare for me to agree with RP on something, but this is definitely one we agree on. The Pacers organization stood by him during his legal issues (biting my tongue so hard as I type this), and he repays them by wanting a trade. Ridiculous.

He is right about one thing, though. The team will be better off without him.

RP
12-13-2005, 02:39 AM
Now people are saying something about Cleveland giving us some sort of combo of Marshall, Drew Gooden, or Damon Jones.

Wow. Thats pathetic. I think Gooden is decent , but the other 2 suck balls.

The Outlaw
12-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Damon Jones does not suck sir. He's a good "roleplayer". Wish we still had him. :(

mrslackalack
12-13-2005, 09:38 PM
If that trade happens then Larry Hughes likely will get benched.

loopydate
12-16-2005, 12:42 AM
I was watching ESPN this evening, and they mentioned that Phil Jackson wouldn't be opposed to bringing Artest to Los Angeles. Apparently, the Lakers are willing to part with Kwame Brown to get him.

:lol: Artest thinks he's not getting his shots in Indy, imagine him and Kobe on the same team.

RP
12-16-2005, 12:49 AM
No. Artest had the funniest comment ever actually. He says " I dont feel like i'm getting enough shots. My ideal place to go would be New York. I wouldnt mind it if i went to Cleveland and came off the bench behind Lebron James " LOL

By funniest i mean most retarded. Artest is a bitch.

RP
12-16-2005, 12:49 AM
I'd take Kwame Brown. I guarantee you this organization would make that guy a star. They did it with Jermaine O'Neil

The Miz
12-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Its been rumored that Golden State has offered Dunleavy and Adonal Foyle for Artest. If accepted it's the biggest trade rape in NBA history

RP
12-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Its been rumored that Golden State has offered Dunleavy and Adonal Foyle for Artest. If accepted it's the biggest trade rape in NBA history

For who?

I think thats a decent offer depending on what else is on the table. Dunleavy is pretty good.

The Miz
12-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Have you ever watched Golden State play? Dunleavy is probably the main reason they don't have an equal record to the Spurs. In this trade, GSW would give up two useless guys with huge contracts for a guy who will rebound, play D, score, and hustle; 4 things Dunleavy and Foyle never have done in their lives

RP
12-16-2005, 08:45 PM
No i havent actually. They dont play there games til like midnight here.

Anyways at tonights Pacer game Artest and every close to him is saying he doesnt wanna go anywhere.

Artest is psycho. Seriously. He's got real mental problems.

RP
12-16-2005, 08:46 PM
If those guys have huge contracts then it's definetly just a rumor , because from what i've heard Indiana is dangerously close to the luxury tax after this year and they are very worried about that.

If theres a trade, It will be either for draft picks and a couple scrubs, or someone who is a free agent next year like Peja or Al Harrington.

The Miz
12-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Not exactly a rumor, it's been reported in a real news paper http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/basketball/nba/golden_state_warriors/13404119.htm

Davis, Richardson, Artest = :drool:

RP
12-16-2005, 08:52 PM
The guy will be traded, but predicting to who and for what is impossible. Donnie Walsh said he's already heard from 20 different teams about Artest. Thats not just window dressing either. Walsh is about as honest as it gets in the business and he's brilliant at evaluating talent and getting maximum value from a player. Hopefully that continues in thise situation.

RP
12-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Not exactly a rumor, it's been reported in a real news paper http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/basketball/nba/golden_state_warriors/13404119.htm

Davis, Richardson, Artest = :drool:

I'm sure it was offered , but what i'm saying ( i dont know there contract situation ) is that if they have loaded contracts. I doubt it will happen.

RP
12-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Ok . I just read that. Its BS. Theres no way in hell that Walsh will trade Jeff Foster. So whatever that mystery source heard is wrong. Foster wont be going anywhere.

BCWWF
12-16-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't know if there is any way this would happen, but the Miami Heat are the team that should go after him. Can you imagine how good they would be with a team of Williams-Wade-Artest-Haslem-Shaq.

Posey and Antoine Walker are both a waste of space and expendable for the Heat, and if they could make something work they would completely dominate.

The Icon of Elisim
12-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Considering that 20 teams have contacted the Pacers about Artest there are like a gazilion rumors.

Mo Pete, Bonner and a 1st round pick for Artest is what the Raptors are throwing around. That one actually isn't bad for either side depending on how high the pick could be.

The Miz
12-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah I've heard like 100 trade proposals in the last 48 hours. Someone suggested Artest to Detroit for Tayshaun Prince. :shifty:

The Icon of Elisim
12-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Ok . I just read that. Its BS. Theres no way in hell that Walsh will trade Jeff Foster. So whatever that mystery source heard is wrong. Foster wont be going anywhere.

The thing is that Artest has a pretty small contract for a top guy. If they want to get a top guy back then they need to include more salary. Thats why alot or reporters are saying that Croscher (sic) or Foster will have to be added

loopydate
12-16-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't know if there is any way this would happen, but the Miami Heat are the team that should go after him. Can you imagine how good they would be with a team of Williams-Wade-Artest-Haslem-Shaq.

Posey and Antoine Walker are both a waste of space and expendable for the Heat, and if they could make something work they would completely dominate.

Yeah, but, again, how does Artest get his shots? He's, at best, the third biggest threat on Miami, and being third best on that team is like being seventh on any other. If you're not Shaq or DWade, you won't get your shots unless one or both is injured.

And, RP, now that you've acknowledged that Artest is mentally unbalanced, will you know acknowledge that the brawl in Detroit is not entirely the fault of a fan throwing a beer and that someone with all of their marbles would have let security do their job instead of going all GTA and giving the league a black eye?

RP
12-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Yeah, but, again, how does Artest get his shots? He's, at best, the third biggest threat on Miami, and being third best on that team is like being seventh on any other. If you're not Shaq or DWade, you won't get your shots unless one or both is injured.

And, RP, now that you've acknowledged that Artest is mentally unbalanced, will you know acknowledge that the brawl in Detroit is not entirely the fault of a fan throwing a beer and that someone with all of their marbles would have let security do their job instead of going all GTA and giving the league a black eye?

Loopy . The thing that i argued is this. There was so much emotion going on in that 5 minute period where it all went down. We knew there was a chance Artest didnt have all his marbles before that incident. He physically and mentally restrained himself from engaging Ben Wallace. Ben Wallace continued to push the issue even though people where trying to break the two up and Artest was a non issue. Once that beer got thrown, it was like a balloon of emothing got popped and he went nuts. No doubt.

I really wish you would acknowledge the fact that Wallace should have been suspended for instagating the whole issue. There can also be a " Monkey see Monkey do " case made when Wallace threw that towel. The fan thought it was ok for him to throw the beer. But i doubt you will acknowlege any of that. Wallace should have gotten 15-20 games. He fueled that whole thing and then Artest snapped.

That said. Yes someone who does have it all together in the head would have let security do there job. Ofcourse, you would have to look long and hard to find a security guard that night. Never the less. Ron Artest is very strange in the head and i'm to the point where i'll be glad when he's not our problem.

Artest for Prince... Detroit would be nuts to do that. Prince is an amazing player and he's not the problem that Artest is. Plus theres no way Artest goes to play for Detroit, but it would be hilarious.

RoXer
12-17-2005, 09:43 AM
OMG I love that Warriors trade if it happens.

loopydate
12-17-2005, 03:32 PM
I really wish you would acknowledge the fact that Wallace should have been suspended for instagating the whole issue. There can also be a " Monkey see Monkey do " case made when Wallace threw that towel. The fan thought it was ok for him to throw the beer. But i doubt you will acknowlege any of that. Wallace should have gotten 15-20 games. He fueled that whole thing and then Artest snapped.

Au contraire, my friend. Wallace should definitely have been suspended for his actions. He did overreact to the foul and, as you said, it was hard not to get caught up in the emotion of the moment, but again that's no excuse. Obviously, I think that his suspension should have been considerably less than what Artest and Jackson got, as he limited his aggression to a fellow player, but he should have missed a few games for sure. The truth is, though, that what Wallace did was the kind of thing that typically happens during on-court confrontations that lead to fisticuffs. The only reason that this one gets so much more attention is what Artest did afterwards. Not that I'm condoning Wallace's actions, because I'm not, but in any other fight, that would have been a 5-10 game suspension at worst, with a hefty fine.

You're absolutely right that Wallace feuled the situation, but I still contend that there's no excuse whatsoever for Artest to behave in the manner in which he behaved. Players in every other sport get pelted with beverages and insults (and worse, I'd imagine), but you don't hear about what happened in Detroit last November happening at Giants Stadium or Wrigley Field.

The reason for that is that those players have the common human sense to ignore it and just play the game. Artest is missing that part of his brain between thought and action, that span that says "Hey, maybe that's not such a hot idea. Let's think about this before doing something rash."

mrslackalack
12-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Yes if Big Ben had not shown his fustrations on the pistons sloppy performance that night (they were struggling early on) Then the brawl would not have happened as their was little time left on the clock.

The Outlaw
12-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Or if Artest wouldn't have fouled Big Ben very violently across the head with 3 minutes to go and up by 20+.

loopydate
12-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah, but even then, Ben overreacted quite a bit. And this is coming from a huge Ben fan. He should have expected that kind of cheap play from Artest and kept his head.

But I look at the two as separate incidents. The Ben thing happened on the court between players. Yeah, it riled up Artest, but nothing excuses what he did. Absolutely nothing.

BCWWF
12-18-2005, 08:17 PM
It is a pretty stupid circumstance when an average joe can attack a millionaire athlete and expect to get away with it with a slap on the wrist.

Artest obviously went crazy, but the fan deserved it.

loopydate
12-18-2005, 09:19 PM
That's absolute bullshit, BCWWF. He deserved to be ejected from the building and have his season ticket revoked, he deserved to face criminal charges, but he did not deserve to have the guy in the seat next to him assaulted by a 6'7", 201-pound psychopath.

What does it matter if the guy's a multimillionaire or not? He ASSAULTED the guy!

BCWWF
12-19-2005, 02:19 AM
The guy assaulted him first. I'm not defending Artest, I'm just not defending the fan. Under no circumstance should you expect to attack an athlete and not be attacked back. Yes, the athlete isn't supposed to attack back and should get in trouble for it, but the guy who instigated it should get in equal trouble.

loopydate
12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Did you miss the part where I said he should face criminal charges? I agree with you. I just think it's bullshit that people defend Artest by saying "Well, the other guy did it first!" That's no excuse in the real world, and it shouldn't be an excuse in sports. You throw a punch, you face the consequences, whether it happens in a bar or at The Palace.

BCWWF
12-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I don't mean to sound contradictory to you, I'm just talking. I apologize for the miscommunication.

Just for me, I don't see why the athlete should be held at a higher standard. Anywhere else in the world if you throw a full cup of beer on a guy and he kicks your ass, the guy who throws the beer is the one who gets in more trouble.

loopydate
12-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Really? I would think the guy throwing punches would be in more trouble than someone throwing beer. But, then again, I don't have much experience with either, so I can't really speak well on the subject. Just seemed like common sense to me.

And I don't think that Artest should be held to a higher standard. I'm a pacifist. I don't believe that violence is the answer to anything, whether it's international diplomacy or having beer thrown on you. Granted, not everyone is a "turn the other cheek" kind of person, but that's just who I am. And I just don't understand the rationale behind people who aren't.

loopydate
12-19-2005, 04:34 PM
But, back on the subject, how bout those Pistons, eh? 18-3. Not too shabby. If Billups and Hamilton both get All-Star snubs again this year, I'll be seriously disappointed.

BCWWF
12-19-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure whoever hits first is usually the one who gets in the most trouble, but don't quote me on that.

loopydate
12-19-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty sure it's worse to punch a man in the mouth than it is get him a little wet, but don't quote me on that.

RoXer
12-19-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I don't care anymore

RP
12-19-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty sure it's worse to punch a man in the mouth than it is get him a little wet, but don't quote me on that.

Artest didnt punch anyone in the mouth until he the fan came on to the floor and lunged like he was gunna attack. For that. Artest was well within his right to protect himself..

Look who cares. There was alot of people at fault that night and yes Artest went nuts, but not until a couple of other people lost there minds, namely the beer thrower and Ben Wallace. If Wallace cant take a hard foul and walk away then he falls under your violence theory.

Anways. Artest says he made a big mistake and wants to play for us again. Which means this will get uglier because O'Neal dont want him on the team.

RoXer
12-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm about to punch all of you in the mouth.

loopydate
12-19-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm really interested to see who Indy values more. I know who I'd keep, but I guess I've probably made that pretty clear so far, so I'll spare you. It'd be an interesting time to be a Hoosier. Honestly, I'd rather listen to an O'Neal-or-Artest debate round the clock on local sportscast than the Fire Millen stuff we get here.

RP
12-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Danny Granger is gunna be the man.

BCWWF
12-20-2005, 01:49 AM
People wanted Wolves to get Granger but I am content with our pick of McCants. He will be good someday.

The Miz
12-21-2005, 01:06 AM
HOLY SHIT Kobe. 62 points in 3 quarters

RP
12-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Kobe Bryant is pretty good. When he left the game the score was Kobe 62 Dallas 61. Now considering Dallas is one of the best offensive teams in the league. Thats pretty good i'd say.

Can someone explain to me why he wasnt left in the game. He might have threatend the century mark the way he was playing. I dont care what the score is. I would have left him in there.

Crimson
12-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Probably because it was a blowout. But 62 pts in 3 fucking quarters is sick! He coulda gotten like 70-75 pts..maybe more!

RP
12-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Maybe.

Darrell Armstrong is my new favorite NBA player now.

loopydate
12-21-2005, 03:59 PM
That was pretty funny. JamesSteele could learn some things from Armstrong about how to draw ***ULTIMATE HEEL HEAT***

Kobe was ridiculous last night. I'm not a fan of the guy by any means, but 62 points is pretty damned impressive.

RP
12-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Armstrong is brilliant. Nothing like grabbing a mic and jabbing your own teams fans in the face with a smile.

mrslackalack
12-21-2005, 10:25 PM
In my fantasy league my opp had both kobe and randolph ln, and they combined for 99 pts.

loopydate
12-22-2005, 11:50 AM
:lol: Ouch.

Oh, say, who's in first place in the TPWW league? Oh, that's right. ME!

:D

Crimson
12-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Your team will falter late in the season. Im gonna win.

RP
12-24-2005, 04:50 AM
Danny Granger :love:

loopydate
12-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Cannot wait for tomorrow.

Pistons/Spurs is going to be a fantastic game and, more than likely, a preview of the NBA Finals. Nothing quite like watching the two best teams in the game going at it.

BCWWF
12-24-2005, 04:52 PM
The whole Kobe "heel" turn is kind of over now, but at least the Lakers may actually have a chance this year. Last year it was just picking on Kobe because there was no way he won with that team.

The Outlaw
12-24-2005, 07:15 PM
...Or this team. Although they have been playing a lot better, but I'm still not sold on the TEAM. Kobe can score all the points he wants. Although, the 62 points performance was pritty hot.

BCWWF
12-24-2005, 11:53 PM
I've heard this one before too. "If all Kobe does is shoot, the Lakers won't beat the Heat."

But isn't that theory already displaced by the fact that when he scored 62 the Lakers blew out the Mavericks, who based on play this season are probably better than the Heat?

The Miz
12-25-2005, 12:54 AM
No, because Dallas doesn't play defense.

BCWWF
12-25-2005, 01:08 AM
Whats your point?

Oh, I forgot. Miami has Shaq, so despite their 15-12 record they are WAY better than Dallas, who is a mere 20-7. Thanks ESPN.

The Outlaw
12-25-2005, 01:13 PM
They are 5-2 since Shaq returned. Shaq plays defense. ZO plays defense. DWade plays defense. Payton plays defense. Haslem plays defense. Hell, even Williams and Posey play defense. Walker, obviously, does not. 7/8 of their key players play good defense.

The Mavericks don't currently, never have, and probably never will play defense. Their sole strategy is to score as many points as they can and maybe they will make up for their shitty defense.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051224/capt.ny15212242125.lakers_heat_basketball_ny152.jpg

BTW, that was called a foul.

BCWWF
12-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Why do the Heat even have Antoine Walker? He can obviously still be of value to some teams. It was an awful decision to bring him in in the first place, but why not offer him around, they could easily get a helpful guy for him.

The Miz
12-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Kobe Bryant: ten million FGs, 37 pts, Lakers lose. Selfish.

BCWWF
12-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Good thing Miz watched the game

loopydate
12-26-2005, 12:43 PM
I still can't get over the fact that the two best teams in the NBA over the last three years get stuck at noon while we get two barely-over-.500 teams in the "main event" game. Just goes to show that the average fan doesn't give a shit about good basketball. They just want to see if Kobe and Shaq get in a fight.

BCWWF
12-26-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm convinced that the Lakers are one decent center away from having a really good team. Mihm just simply isn't good enough, but Kobe and Odom are.

The Outlaw
12-26-2005, 05:27 PM
I still can't get over the fact that the two best teams in the NBA over the last three years get stuck at noon while we get two barely-over-.500 teams in the "main event" game. Just goes to show that the average fan doesn't give a shit about good basketball. They just want to see if Kobe and Shaq get in a fight.

Well, Miami/LA was better basketball and a better game, but I see what you're saying. I'm sick and tired of everyone still talking about the Shaq/Kobe deal. Shaq obviously doesn't care about it anymore, and it looks like Kobe doesn't either. Anyone see the interview with Shaq after the game? The woman interviewer asked him why he didn't shake Kobe's hand, and he said Merry Christmas to everybody and left. It happened two years ago and people are still pissing their pants over it.

Crimson
12-27-2005, 12:28 AM
Agreed. It's the media of course that clings on to anything like that.

In a related note, the Heat still won't get past the Pistons.

BCWWF
12-27-2005, 04:12 AM
To be honest, I don't think Shaq has ever cared as much as it's been made out to be. I mean think about it, the Lakers were on the downfall, if the Lakers had kept Shaq but left Kobe go, they would probably have been a playoff team but not a championship contender. At the same time, there was a couple teams that Shaq could put over the hump, the Heat being the best. So by making the big dramatic exit out of LA, he got put into one of the top teams in the NBA while still holding some credibility in LA, because after all Kobe and the Lakers are the bad guys, right?

loopydate
12-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Nope. Just Kobe.

And Crimson, neither will anyone else. :D

BCWWF
12-27-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't want to get into this again (I'm sure Outlaw agrees) but if you remember back to the original reason Shaq said he wanted to leave, it was because the Lakers said if they had a choice, it was Kobe over Shaq. So Shaq said "fuck you" to the Lakers, "I'm not going to wait around to see if you can or can't sign Kobe, trade me now." It was after that when everybody turned on Kobe.

loopydate
12-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Most people, yes, but I just never liked him for whatever reason. Just a personal opinion, but it doesn't matter who they surround him with or how happy they make him, I just don't like him.

BCWWF
12-27-2005, 06:07 PM
You mean Kobe I assume?

loopydate
12-27-2005, 08:42 PM
I do indeed. But, again, just an opinion.

RP
12-28-2005, 04:25 AM
Hey loop. Just a thought i'm throwing out here. I dont think Indiana has a shot in hell to beat the Pistons in any amount games of a series, but i do think the Nets can beat the Pistons. Am i wrong?

RoXer
12-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Fucking almost 10 years and Kobe still hasn't figured out there are other people on the team?

loopydate
12-28-2005, 11:17 AM
The Nets are playing pretty good basketball right now (second-longest winning streak in the league behind Detroit, I think) and they would cause some match-up problems that most other teams wouldn't. For example, who do you put on Carter? He's bigger than Hamilton (an inch shorter, but more muscular), so he could post him up. He's faster than Prince, so he can take him deep. I think that if they can put up a string of great games, they are capable of knocking them off.

The Pistons are the best team in the league, but they're not invincible. Obviously, it's too early to tell, but if the playoffs started right now, I'd be nervous about a Detroit/Jersey series.

BCWWF
12-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Charles Barkley said the only three teams that should even consider going after Artest are: Miami, Phoenix, and Dallas.

Couldn't agree more.

The Miz
12-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Rumored trade on a few sites

Lakers get:
F Ron Artest
G/F Jalen Rose

Raptors get:
F Austin Croshere
another Laker player

Pacers get:
F Deaven George
another Raptor player
Raptor draft pick

RoXer
12-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Fucking good deal for the Lakers

BCWWF
12-30-2005, 03:20 PM
I like both Artest and Rose on the Lakers, but then you have the Caron Butler controversy. Kobe is technically the shooting guard and Odom is the power forward, although you could argue that they both play a small forward type game.

I really can't understand why the Heat aren't offering some deal of like Antoine Walker and James Posey or something for Artest. Dallas definately has players to spare as well, maybe Van Horn and somebody else.

I don't think I would complain with that trade for the Lakers, but Jalen Rose is kind of pointless to have in the deal.

RP
12-30-2005, 03:36 PM
If that one player was like Morris Peterson or somthing i would really really like that trade.

Bosh please.

The Icon of Elisim
12-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Raptors will not be trading Bosh

RP
12-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Raptors will not be trading Bosh

i can dream cant i?

BCWWF
12-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Actually I wouldn't completely rule trading Bosh out, but I would rule it out at this point.

Unless I missed it, I'm pretty sure he is a FA after this year, so if by the deadline they haven't proven to him that their young players are getting better and he doesn't seem happy, I could see him moving.

Seems like L.A. would be a great fit for him?

RP
12-31-2005, 06:32 PM
The Raptors will be real good next year. Bosh, Villanuava, Mo Pete, Mike James is coming along big time as a PG. Jalen Rose has sweet one-liners...

Now if Gene Kaedy becomes head coach. They'll contend.

CNM
12-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Bosh isn't a FA. He was drafted in '03.

mrslackalack
12-31-2005, 11:16 PM
4 of the top 5 draft picks in 03 are stars on their team Lebron, Melo, Wade, and Bosh.

BCWWF
01-01-2006, 03:35 AM
I thought they got three year contracts usually? 03-04, 04-05, 05-06?

BCWWF
01-01-2006, 03:37 AM
My bad, Bosh is still signed for next season and then has a qualifying offer for 07-08

The Icon of Elisim
01-01-2006, 04:51 AM
James and Mo Pete will probably be gone next yhear. James is hav3 ing a typical contract year and gonna get overpaid like a bitch

The Miz
01-08-2006, 06:02 PM
lol Vince slapped Mo Pete and the refs didnt see it, then Mo slapped him back and got ejected. Vince is a little bitch

The Icon of Elisim
01-08-2006, 06:51 PM
It was a playful joke though. Vince slapped him as a joke, ref doesn't see it, Mo Pete slaps him back as a joke, ref sees it and ejects him. Vince even pleaded with the refs. Too bad, Mo Pete was playing pretty hot defense.

My first response to the whole thing when I read about it was, Vince is a little bitch

CNM
01-08-2006, 06:54 PM
I heard Mo Pete was pissed when he slapped Vince, that he wasn't playing around. I can't blame him. Vince is definately a little bitch.

The Outlaw
01-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Toronto's Morris Peterson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3420/) was ejected for slapping Carter in the face. Peterson got a technical for arguing a no-call late in the first half. About a minute later, Carter playfully slapped his ex-teammate in the face. Peterson, clearly annoyed, then slapped Carter.

Official Steve Javie didn't see Carter's slap, but he saw Peterson's and gave him his second technical. An irate Peterson tossed his jersey into the stands before leaving.

Peterson would have guarded Carter had he not been tossed.

"It's just unfortunate. I couldn't be out there in the fourth quarter, it probably would have made a difference," Peterson said.

Carter said he would pay Peterson's fine for receiving the technical.
"I felt bad," Carter said. "It was far from what they assumed it to be."

YOUR Hero
01-08-2006, 07:38 PM
sticky*

The Outlaw
01-09-2006, 05:01 PM
LOL yeah those slaps were a joke. Can't believe he got tossed.

RoXer
01-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Melo beats Phoenix in 3OT

CNM
01-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Unbelievable game. Best basketball game I've ever seen. Melo is the mang.

Skippord
01-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Melo :cool:

therocksays
01-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Rumored trade on a few sites

Lakers get:
F Ron Artest
G/F Jalen Rose

Raptors get:
F Austin Croshere
another Laker player

Pacers get:
F Deaven George
another Raptor player
Raptor draft pick

lakers would be one badass team if they got artest and rose

RP
01-12-2006, 04:42 AM
Fred Jones im telling you.

RP
01-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Kobe is 2sicc sometimes.

BCWWF
01-15-2006, 06:12 AM
Glen Taylor hinted to Sid Hartman that Okowokandi will be traded within 72 hours, but no idea for who. The Wolves need more scoring.

RoXer
01-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Warriors :(

Crimson
01-15-2006, 02:36 PM
A little late ..but I know i posted around here somewhere last year that Bob Weiss would get fired midway thru the season. I'm a profit godamnit.

Kid Robb
01-19-2006, 12:17 AM
If you were a player who doesn't mind getting some shots and wanted to get out of your own shitty team, as if you'd go to the Lakers.

Olowokandi for Blount from Boston according to foxsports.com

D Mac
01-19-2006, 01:24 AM
CHICAGO (AP) -- Knicks forward Antonio Davis climbed into the stands out of concern for his wife and was ejected without further trouble Wednesday night during the Chicago Bulls' 106-104 overtime victory against New York.

Ben Gordon hit a game-winning jumper at the buzzer and scored 32 points for the Bulls, but Davis' dash over the scorer's table and into the stands during a timeout in overtime -- evoking memories of last season's brawl in Detroit -- became the flash point of an already wild game.

"I saw my wife being threatened," Davis said in a statement released immediately after the game. "I felt I had to act. I did not have enough time to alert security."

Davis did not elaborate on why he ascended about 10 rows of seats to reach his wife in the stands. There was no physical confrontation after he got there, but several people were pointing and shouting for a few moments before security arrived and Davis was ejected.

United Center security later escorted a group of people from the area.

Knicks coach Larry Brown said Davis went into the stands because he saw his wife "falling back," but didn't explain further.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260118004

Kid Robb
01-19-2006, 03:07 AM
Just saw the clip of it, nothing in it. He felt his wife was threatened, he didn't charge unneccessarily into the stands, he didn't hurt someone. Just shows they need better security around players families.

He'll get a suspension, but he shouldn't. He's got a clean record, President of the Players Association, probably only get a game or two.

RP
01-19-2006, 03:11 AM
72 game suspension RAWR! :foc:

The Outlaw
01-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah, it was because of some drunk Chicago dude. You could see in the replay the guy yelling at Davis. Are people really this stupid?

Kid Robb
01-19-2006, 06:56 PM
5 games

Even Stern said he'd have done the same thing if in AD's position.

mrslackalack
01-19-2006, 10:12 PM
I felt like Davis did the right thing and shouldnt have got suspended.

The Icon of Elisim
01-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Nah, he should be suspended even though I see nothing wrong with what he did. 5 games is pretty harsh but they have to have a precedent set

BCWWF
01-20-2006, 12:06 AM
OK, Larry Bird really has to make a decision on Ron Artest already. It's getting old

Gertner
01-20-2006, 03:25 PM
first place Utah Jazz. Fuck you all!

VonErich Lives
01-20-2006, 04:20 PM
So, now it's coming out that Davis's wife attacked the fan, and this isn't the first time she did something like this.

Davis then released a statment that he found out "after" the guy was drunk.

The guy has threated to sue for assault and defemation of charecter, but his lawayer now says they wont sue if they get

1) A public apology from both the player & wife.

2) They make a donation to a charity for abused women.

Yeah, if he felt his wife was in danger he did the "right thing" still doesn't change the precident and he HAD to be suspended.

The Outlaw
01-20-2006, 06:42 PM
LOL suing for 1 million last time I heard?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-20-2006, 06:57 PM
I saw the video and looked like the dude wasn't really doing anything.

VonErich Lives
01-20-2006, 10:59 PM
LOL suing for 1 million last time I heard?

That was the original threat... but now his lawyer says he just wants a public apology and money donated to a charity of his choice, I think he wanted it to go to a charity for abused women last I heard.

RoXer
01-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Sonics are a bunch of faggots

CNM
01-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Wow, Kobe "Mamba" Bryant scored 81 pts tonight.

Corkscrewed
01-23-2006, 02:22 AM
I thought after 62 in three quarters a month ago that Kobe had missed his once in a lifetime chance to truly record history.

Um... I guess not. Seriously, what the hell man. That was ridiculous. :eek:

Good thing we won tho. Woulda been sad if we'd lost.

RP
01-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Kobe is pretty good.

Nervous Ferret
01-23-2006, 02:34 AM
absurd

ddpBANG
01-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Kobe scored 81 and the Lakers only won by 18 (allowing 104 total). Anybody think the Lakers should start focusing on defense?

BCWWF
01-23-2006, 12:17 PM
It is kind of funny because in the last issue of ESPN the Magazine, Sports Guy that was saying how stupid Kobe was for sitting out the last quarter against Dallas and how people only care about the number, not about the sportsmanship.

All I can say is that is just plain rediculous. He could score zero points for three games and still be averaging 20.

loopydate
01-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Last night, I was watching the Pistons/Rockets game, and down the stretch, T-Mac had an opportunity to take a contested 3-pointer to cut the lead to two, but instead he made a sweet behind-the-back pass to Luther Head for the three.

As they were running back on defense, Fred McLeod (the Pistons' FSN announcer) said something to the effect of "Not a lot of superstars in this league would have passed up that shot." As he said it, I thought *coughKobecough*, and then I get up today to find out that Kobe dropped EIGHTY-ONE points!

I may not like the guy, or the way he plays the game, but damned if that isn't one of the most impressive individual sporting efforts I've ever seen.

ddpBANG
01-23-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm not going to say it's not impressive, but it is downright greedy. Especially in this day and age. The guy put up almost 50 shots!

Is this going to be the game that sparks the Lakers? I don't think so. The Lakers need to play team ball, not give the ball to Kobe and let him go off ball.

The Lakers are lucky they're getting a couple of days to rest. If not, who knows if Kobe would have enough energy to go next game and score even 10. And how embarrasing would it be if the Lakers score less than 81 next game?

Splaya
01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm not going to say it's not impressive, but it is downright greedy. Especially in this day and age. The guy put up almost 50 shots!

Is this going to be the game that sparks the Lakers? I don't think so. The Lakers need to play team ball, not give the ball to Kobe and let him go off ball.

The Lakers are lucky they're getting a couple of days to rest. If not, who knows if Kobe would have enough energy to go next game and score even 10. And how embarrasing would it be if the Lakers score less than 81 next game?

It's true that he was playing against Toronto, but if I recall correctly Kobe went 28-46 from the field, 7-13 from 3 point land and 18-20 from the line. Those percentages come out to 61% from the field 53% from 3 point land and 90 percent from the line. If a guy can go out and shoot 61% for FG's in a game, then I would let him shoot 75 shots.

Whereas some people look at as ball hogging or whatever, I look at it as a defense that could not stop an elite scorer. If the Toronto coach was smart, he would have put 2 and 3 guys on Kobe and not just 1. Even if they did and Kobe had to pass and give open looks to guys there is no guarantee he would have made it. This was a result of poor defense and not great coaching, but more importantly an offensive explosion from one of the best in the league

ddpBANG
01-23-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm not saying that the Lakers shouldn't let Kobe shoot. The Lakers need Kobe to shoot. They've only won one game this year when Kobe wasn't the leading scorer. But to let him shoot as much as he does game in and game out is ridiculous.

Back to another argument I was trying to make. The Lakers need to work on locking down their defense. They've scored 4032 points total this year and have given up 3945. That's a difference of 87 points. I wouldn't call that getting the job done.

Also, It doesn't really seem to matter how many points Kobe scores (as long as he leads the team.) The Lakers are 11-10 when he scores 35+ and 12-9 when he scores under 35.

BCWWF
01-23-2006, 04:02 PM
So you are saying that last night, when Kobe got the hot hand, you would have made him pass up shots because the team needed to get more involved?

I'm sorry buddy, but scoring 40 points on 40% shooting in a losing effort is one thing, but 81 points on 60% in a winning effort is another.

ddpBANG
01-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Nope, not saying that at all.

What I am saying is Kobe shouldn't take as many shots as he does. It doesn't matter how many defenders he has on him, he still shoots. There has to be some open opportunities for other players. He doesn't find them because he doesn't look for them.

My argument isn't just about last night. It's about the Lakers season to this point. They need to play better defense, and they need to distribute the ball more on offense.

McDoogle
01-23-2006, 04:20 PM
I doubt the Lakers will make the playoffs this year.

RoXer
01-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Fucking almost 10 years and Kobe still hasn't figured out there are other people on the team?

ddpBANG
01-23-2006, 07:50 PM

That's the exact point I've been trying to make.

Crimson
01-23-2006, 10:17 PM
81 points is sick. Might be more impressive than Wilt's 100.

OssMan
01-23-2006, 10:43 PM
best NBA day ever?

pistons fight off hungry rockets 99-97
steve blake leads blazers back to over time but eventually loses
sonics beat suns in 2OT 152-149 with a bomb at the buzzer
kobe bryant has EIGHTY ONE points in win against the raptors
wizards lose to memphis who they own at home
the other AI on 76ers tip shot beats minnesota

The Icon of Elisim
01-24-2006, 03:33 PM
ESPN is reporting that Artest will be traded for Peja straight up pending league approval

Joey Slugs
01-24-2006, 04:33 PM
81 points is sick. Might be more impressive than Wilt's 100.

If you compare the stats of the two games, Kobe's 81 meant a lot more to his team.

I say it was more impressive than the 100 point game.

BCWWF
01-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Eh, I don't like the Kings, but I always liked Artest and the Pacers, but now I don't know if I like Artest on the Kings and I hate Peja on the Pacers.

The Icon of Elisim
01-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Artest says he doesn't want to play for Sacramento and now the Kings have backed out

Kid Robb
01-24-2006, 08:08 PM
81 points is an amazing performance, but Kobe will always be a professional loser until he finds a way to involve his teammates.

Wonder how Peja feels, he was all but gone until Artest backed out. Gotta think he's on the market now. As a Bulls fan, knowing Chicago is a place he'd go to, I reckon we have to go after him. Could use a strong scorer instead of relying on 15-20 from three or four guys a night.

The Outlaw
01-24-2006, 08:13 PM
The 81 wasn't better than 100.

1. They played defense back then. Not many teams play good defense these days.
2. Wilt shot nearly the same percentage from the field and went 28/32 at the free throw line, which is amazing for him.
3. They played defense back then.

I would rank it on up there, but I would easily consider putting MJ's 63 against Boston in the 80's above this one.

YOUR Hero
01-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Vince Carter critisized Kobe's 81 point game. That's rich coming from him.

Carter warns kids: Don't be like Kobe
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5275220

McDoogle
01-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Haha Carter talking about being a team player.

mrslackalack
01-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Haha Carter talking about being a team player.

LOL yeah, youd think this is Chauncy Billups talking not Carter.

Crimson
01-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Vince Carter is just jealous. I guess teaching kids how not to give it 100% in a game in order to force a trade would fair a lot better. Also..since when does it begin to be Kobe's fault..after he scores 50? or 70..75? idiot.

In response to Outlaw, I don't have the stats in front of me but, the fact that Wilt had all those FT's, and he was like a foot taller than the opposing centers in those days, let's face it...i would think the points came easier. Kobe with all his J's, not as many freethrows, maybe a little harder? But the if the Raptors had any clue maybe they coulda doubleteamed here and there.

The Icon of Elisim
01-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Did you watch the game? It wasn't like they were triple teaming Smush Parker and giving Kobe uncontested jump shots, Kobe was just that good

BCWWF
01-24-2006, 10:47 PM
1. I don't think Outlaw knows enough about the 100 point game

2. Kobe was a professional loser until he won three straight NBA Championships

The Icon of Elisim
01-24-2006, 11:49 PM

I've never seen someone spell Shaq "he"

RP
01-25-2006, 02:21 AM
BCWWF you've said like 3 really dumb things in your last few posts.

1) Wilt Chamberline was a tree playing with bushes. He was tall and 260 pounds. That was unheard of in his day. Kobe Bryant is a shooting guard playing in a big mans league.

2) Kobe was only in the league for like 2-3 years before he won some rings and i dont care what anyone says. If Kobe wasnt there. They dont win those rings. I specifically remember one Kobe Bryant taking over in Game 4 of the finals while Shaq was fouled out on the bench with 7 minutes to go. If the Lakers dont win that game. Indiana might have a title.

3) About 75% of the league players dont have rings. Maybe more then that. Does that make them professional losers? Cmon get off it.

VonErich Lives
01-25-2006, 12:08 PM
81 points... that's nice... would have been nicer if a guy who was shooting 59% passed a bit more.

yeah. this wasn't a case of a "great night" if he shot even 75%, I'd feel different, this is simply a guy that took too many shots.

BCWWF
01-25-2006, 01:13 PM
BCWWF you've said like 3 really dumb things in your last few posts.

1) Wilt Chamberline was a tree playing with bushes. He was tall and 260 pounds. That was unheard of in his day. Kobe Bryant is a shooting guard playing in a big mans league.

2) Kobe was only in the league for like 2-3 years before he won some rings and i dont care what anyone says. If Kobe wasnt there. They dont win those rings. I specifically remember one Kobe Bryant taking over in Game 4 of the finals while Shaq was fouled out on the bench with 7 minutes to go. If the Lakers dont win that game. Indiana might have a title.

3) About 75% of the league players dont have rings. Maybe more then that. Does that make them professional losers? Cmon get off it.

Ummmmm....if I said some pretty stupid things, how come you agreed with both of my points?

The Outlaw
01-25-2006, 02:07 PM
1. I don't think Outlaw knows enough about the 100 point game

I know a pretty good bit about it. He shot 28/32 from free throws. He hit 38/63 shots or somewhere around that number. The thing is, you know that whole Hack-a-Shaq method? Wilt was a not so good free throw shooter, so people would do the same thing to him. Another interesting tidbit, Guy Rodgers had 20 assists that game. The whole Lakers team had 18. Just something to think about.

Kobe was a professional loser? Seriously, I dislike that whole argument that you are defined by rings. Karl Malone was one of the best players there has been in the NBA. But, since guys like Tayshaun Prince, Darko, Lindsey Hunter, etc. has a few rings, Karl Malone is a professional loser and the rest are winners. Get out of here.

But, you're right. HE won the titles. Had nothing to do with the MVP of those Championships, had nothing to do with Phil Jackson, Robert Horry, Rick Fox, Devan George, etc. etc. Get off me with that.

The Icon of Elisim
01-25-2006, 03:17 PM
81 points... that's nice... would have been nicer if a guy who was shooting 59% passed a bit more.

yeah. this wasn't a case of a "great night" if he shot even 75%, I'd feel different, this is simply a guy that took too many shots.

Again, watch the game. A good portion of the fourth quarter was his team mates passing him the ball at every opportunity. That accounts for a fair amount of shots.

VonErich Lives
01-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Again, watch the game. A good portion of the fourth quarter was his team mates passing him the ball at every opportunity. That accounts for a fair amount of shots.

So, every time he gets a Pass he's supposed to shoot?

yeah, I'm sure in the 4th, he was what, in the 60's so at that point it was a joke, and they decided just to see how high they could get him, but what was his % before the 4th?

The Icon of Elisim
01-25-2006, 05:56 PM
I dunno what his numbers were before the 4th quarter, I'm just saying that it was a an example of why some of his numbers were inflated. As far as the rest of the game, its nothing to see a guy take a lot of shots when he is feeling it.

In other news, the Peja-Artest trade is back on.

Great way for Artest to start a fan base in Sacramento

Crimson
01-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Artest is crazy, what is Sactown thinkin.

ddpBANG
01-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Artest is crazy, what is Sactown thinkin.
Couldn't be much worse than Webber?

The Miz
01-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah Webber is insane

RP
01-25-2006, 11:46 PM
I like this trade, but i fear it will only be this year for Peja. He'll probably be gone at the end of the year unless we somehow win the Championship and he wants to stay on.

RP
01-25-2006, 11:48 PM
And O'Neal is pretty much out for the season with a torn groin.

If the Pacers make the playoffs and go to the second round. Give Rick Carlisle the COTY award for god sakes. He deserved it last year and this year is basically the same shit different year. God I hope Peja rekindles that fire in his fingers and lights a fire under Indy's ass, because its not looking good.

RP
01-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Reggie should come out of retirement.

The Outlaw
01-26-2006, 10:53 AM
I thought Artest hates Sacramento?

LOL this is going to be crazy...

The Icon of Elisim
01-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Globe & Mail are reporting that Raptors will fire Babcock today

Good ridance

mrslackalack
01-26-2006, 03:09 PM
J Oneal's bad injury hurts my fantasy chances.

loopydate
01-26-2006, 04:40 PM
And O'Neal is pretty much out for the season with a torn groin.

If the Pacers make the playoffs and go to the second round. Give Rick Carlisle the COTY award for god sakes. He deserved it last year and this year is basically the same shit different year. God I hope Peja rekindles that fire in his fingers and lights a fire under Indy's ass, because its not looking good.

As good a coaching job as Carlisle taking another banged-up Pacers team into the conference semis would be, if the Pistons continue to win at a .875 clip, the "race" in COTY will be for second place.

Good for the Pacers, though. Get rid of the Artest baggage and bring in a top-level scoring threat. It's a pity that O'Neal got hurt, because an O'Neal/Peja duo would be scary. as. hell. But, at least now they have someone who can pick up the scoring they lose with O'Neal, even though he doesn't give them the inside threat.

VonErich Lives
01-26-2006, 05:07 PM
someone gave me tix to tomorrows Celtics game, they hose Sacramento.

I'm thinking an Atrest jesey with a had that has a water bottle glued to it... :)

RP
01-26-2006, 06:37 PM
O'neal gone for 8 weeks.

RP
01-26-2006, 06:37 PM
I agree with you loop about Saunders, but man can Rick Carlisle get a break these days?

loopydate
01-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Carlisle will get his COTY one day. He's too good not to. Like you said, he probably should have got it last year. And, if the Pistons coast into the playoffs based on early season success and only come away with 60-65 wins (yeah, only), and the Pacers manage to find a way to win without JO'Neal, then he should get it this year.

BCWWF
01-26-2006, 11:08 PM
WOW, Kevin McHale is probably the biggest idiot EVER.

Celtics get:
Wally Szczerbiak
Michael Olowokandi
Dwayne Jones (NBDL)
Future First Round Draft Choice

Timberwolves get
Ricky Davis
Mark Blount
Marcus Banks
Justin Reed
2 second round Draft Picks

Honestly, besides the big ticket, Wally was the only one on the Wolves worth keeping. He is the only one on the whole team who can score consistantly.

The other thing, if you are going to trade Wally, trade him for somebody else. Ron Artest anybody? Come on. Ricky Davis is a head case. Mark Blount is making $6 million per year until 2010. Banks and Reed are no-names who will be out of the league soon enough. And to cap it all off, the Timberwolves, who have had two first round draft picks in the past what, seven years? WE GIVE IT UP FOR RICKY DAVIS???

On the bright side, with the recent trades, the Wolves have acquired a whole three secound round draft picks in the past few days. I bet those pan out :|

BCWWF
01-26-2006, 11:54 PM
OK, in terms of Ricky Davis for Wally, it's not that bad of a trade. I would consider them pretty similarly skilled players, and Ricky has a better contract. It's the rest of the trade that gets me. The only reason I give a shit about Kandi is because he is on a contract year, but Dwayne Jones is never going to be much. What really pissed me off are the following things.

1. We gave up ANOTHER first round draft pick, when it shouldn't have been neccessary in such a trade

2. Blount is signed through 2010

BCWWF
01-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Also, I find it kind of funny how Kobe isn't a winning player because he played on a team with Shaquile O'Neal, Derek Fisher, Deavan George, Rick Fox, etc. Yet, at the same time you consider Shaq to be a true champion.

Do I need to point out that those guys didn't win any championships without Kobe?

I don't care if you don't like him, thats understandable, but to insinuate that he wasn't extremely important in the three-peat is rediculous. They wouldn't have done it without him, they wouldn't have done it without Shaq, and they wouldn't have done it without the clutch roleplayers they had throughout all of that.

VonErich Lives
01-27-2006, 04:25 PM
I think it's funny that both Minnesota fans and Boston fans hate this trade.

I really don't follow that much anymore, but from what I'm reading/hearing it's not a bad deal.

Davis hasn't been a head case since he go here, it's been a few years since he shot at his own hoop that time for the rebound to give himself a triple double.

I think in the case of Wally, it's a time for a "change" him and Davis seem very similar, and the T-wolves get a better contract in Davis. The trade off is they take Blount, who with some playing time will put up some points, he'll also screw up big time and blame everyone else, I'm glad to see him gone.

I hope Olowokandi gets motivated here and Reed has some potential, we all thought Banks did... but so far hasn't, but who knows.

The first round pick makes me happy because one thing, Danny has been good drafting.

So, I have tickets tonight... guess what player is on the ticket?

yep, Rickey Davis. :)

loopydate
01-27-2006, 06:17 PM
I just updated the rosters on my Live '06 game, and it's really weird to see Ricky Davis with that green headband in his profile pic as a Timberwolf.

...yeah, suppose that didn't really warrant a post.

BCWWF
01-27-2006, 08:28 PM
VEL, in terms of the players directly involved: Wally, Kandi, Jones and Ricky, Blount, Banks, Reed, the trade doesn't look too bad. Ricky is more athletic than Wally, and Blount is better offensively than Kandi.

The problem is that Ricky Davis is likely not going to be the one to elevate the Wolves back into contention, so after all of this the Wolves end up with Blount for five more years and without yet another first round draft pick.

Kevin McHale is so stupid, he traded both Cassell and a first round DP for Marco Jaric :| and now he throws another first rounder in here. He doesn't value those things at all.

BCWWF
01-27-2006, 08:36 PM
lol, Chris Andersen is out of the NBA for at least two years for drugs

BCWWF
01-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Just a few notes.

1. Ricky Davis has a good night tonight, 24, 5, and 3. He also show 10-18. Mark Blount didn't do much, 4 points and 4 rebounds.

2. All season they have been saying that Rashad could be one of the top rookies in the league if he got more playing time. Tonight, in 15 minutes, he shot 8-10 and scored 18 points. You have to wonder if his potential had an impact on trading Wally.

The Outlaw
01-27-2006, 11:45 PM
WOW, Kevin McHale is probably the biggest idiot EVER.

The other thing, if you are going to trade Wally, trade him for somebody else. Ron Artest anybody? Come on. Ricky Davis is a head case.

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Also, I find it kind of funny how Kobe isn't a winning player because he played on a team with Shaquile O'Neal, Derek Fisher, Deavan George, Rick Fox, etc. Yet, at the same time you consider Shaq to be a true champion.

Do I need to point out that those guys didn't win any championships without Kobe?

I don't care if you don't like him, thats understandable, but to insinuate that he wasn't extremely important in the three-peat is rediculous. They wouldn't have done it without him, they wouldn't have done it without Shaq, and they wouldn't have done it without the clutch roleplayers they had throughout all of that.

Robert Horry seems to have won a few without Kobe. Don't put words in my mouth, it makes you look foolish.

BCWWF
01-28-2006, 12:16 AM
I didn't say Robert Horry for a reason, and it's kind of funny because he is the only example. So Robert Horry has won an NBA Championship without Shaq and Kobe, that means that Kobe is a professional loser. Very simply, Horry fits into the role of "clutch roleplayer".

The Outlaw
01-28-2006, 01:25 AM
I didn't say Robert Horry for a reason, and it's kind of funny because he is the only example. So Robert Horry has won an NBA Championship without Shaq and Kobe, that means that Kobe is a professional loser. Very simply, Horry fits into the role of "clutch roleplayer".

What the hell are you even trying to argue? :wtf:

CNM
01-28-2006, 01:40 AM
Chris "Birdman" Andersen got kicked out of the NBA for doing some hardcore drugs :(

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkwfLZA2bD6rm7msojRLXqO8vLYF?slug=andersenbanned&prov=st&type=lgns

RP
01-28-2006, 02:29 AM

I have no clue. I want to retort, but i dont know what he's trying to say.

RP
01-28-2006, 02:31 AM
Chris "Birdman" Andersen got kicked out of the NBA for doing some hardcore drugs :(

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkwfLZA2bD6rm7msojRLXqO8vLYF?slug=andersenbanned&prov=st&type=lgns

Why isnt this a huge story? Oh that right. Its because Chris Anderson sucks. He doesnt even deserve a nickname. Someone else should be Birdman. Like Marcus Camby or something. Not Christ Fucking Anderson. Isnt this the guy that couldnt make a dont at the Dunk Contest? How do you not make a dunk at the dunk contest? This guy will be forgoten about 2 hours ago.

CNM
01-28-2006, 03:33 AM
Nah Birdman ruled. He might have sucked, but he was entertaining. That counts for something.

VonErich Lives
01-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Outlaw, Artest and Davis aren't even close.

Davis wouldn't even have the rep if it wasn't the that triple/double thing.

Anyway, was at the game last night and Wally looked good, he's a shooter like Davis, but takes better shots and doesn't do the through the legs crap... He seemed really pumped last night, got in the game, crowd gave him a welcome standing O, chanted "Wally" a few times, he had a good moter, hit the floor, and was getting other players going and even calmed pierce down when pierce was crying at one point...

Also, did you hear the the terms of the 1st round pick?

It's a 2008 pick, Danny Ainge said they feel based on the college talent, 2008 will be better then 2007, but there's a protection it can't be a lotto pick, if they wait till 2009, it can't be a top 10, if they wait till 2010, it can't be a top 3. If things go well for the Celts, I wouldn't be shocked to see them hold off until 2010 hoping to get a #4 pick...

The Outlaw
01-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Outlaw, Artest and Davis aren't even close.

Davis wouldn't even have the rep if it wasn't the that triple/double thing.

Yeah, that's why I said what I said...

BCWWF
01-28-2006, 04:30 PM

I know you don't like Kobe, but I can't remember if you are one of the people who said Kobe is a losing player and is a "professional loser." If you dislike Kobe, thats fine, a lot of people do. But for the people to insinuate that he had nothing to do with the three-peat and that he is a losing player are just stupid.

I pointed out how Shaquile O'Neal is considered a "winning player", despite the fact that the only time he ever won big was when his teammate was Kobe Bryant. Somebody up there mentioned Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Deavon George, all those other guys, implying that they were all winning players, yet Kobe still somehow wasn't.

Then you tried to make some big point by saying that Robert Horry has won without Kobe or Shaq on his team. You can make an argument that Horry is a "winning player," and a lot of people would agree with you, but if this roleplayer is a winning player then there is no argument that Kobe is a losing player.

And I hate people who still try to say that Kobe makes his team worse. If you watch a game, you will see that he does pass the ball, there's just one problem, his teammates suck. Think about it, the starting lineup includes Smush Parker, Chris Mihm, and Kwame Brown. The only other player of quality on his team is Odom. For his team to be in playoff contention right now has everything to do with Kobe.

Crimson
01-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Whoever says Kobe sucks is a fuckin moron...in other words

RP
01-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Wally has been on fire this year. I think Ainge pretty much raped his former teammate.

BCWWF
01-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Like I said, in terms of Ricky Davis vs. Wally in the No. 2 slot for the Wolves, I think Davis might be a little better because of his athleticism. At the same time, I don't think Davis makes us a contender, and by no means was a first round draft pick neccessary in this trade.

The Outlaw
01-28-2006, 11:11 PM
I know you don't like Kobe, but I can't remember if you are one of the people who said Kobe is a losing player and is a "professional loser." If you dislike Kobe, thats fine, a lot of people do. But for the people to insinuate that he had nothing to do with the three-peat and that he is a losing player are just stupid.

I pointed out how Shaquile O'Neal is considered a "winning player", despite the fact that the only time he ever won big was when his teammate was Kobe Bryant. Somebody up there mentioned Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Deavon George, all those other guys, implying that they were all winning players, yet Kobe still somehow wasn't.

Then you tried to make some big point by saying that Robert Horry has won without Kobe or Shaq on his team. You can make an argument that Horry is a "winning player," and a lot of people would agree with you, but if this roleplayer is a winning player then there is no argument that Kobe is a losing player.

And I hate people who still try to say that Kobe makes his team worse. If you watch a game, you will see that he does pass the ball, there's just one problem, his teammates suck. Think about it, the starting lineup includes Smush Parker, Chris Mihm, and Kwame Brown. The only other player of quality on his team is Odom. For his team to be in playoff contention right now has everything to do with Kobe.

LOL wtf

1. I argued that a player isn't defined by the amount of rings he has. I believe it was a TEAM effort. I don't think nor do I like when people say Shaq or Kobe were the sole factors that they won.

2. I argued, and have argued in the past, that the reason I consider Shaq a winner is because he's won everywhere he's played. Even when he was surrounded by average players (Nick Anderson, Scott Skiles, etc.) he won.

3. I've always said the Lakers wouldn't have won if Shaq and/or Kobe wouldn't have been there. I think Shaq was obviously the bigger factor, but that is another subject.

4. I'm the one that mentioned those players, but I wasn't implying that they were winning players and Kobe wasn't. You have some kind of gay love for Kobe or something because you take everything anyone says about Kobe and misconstrue it into something negative about him so you can defend him. DO I think he's a winner? When surrounded by another superstar, yes. Do I think he's selfish? Yes I do. Do I think he's one of the better players in the league? No doubt about it.

5. What does Robert Horry being a winning player have to do with people (which, I see noone in here call Kobe a professional loser besides yourself so I'm not real sure where you got it? Maybe I missed it?) saying that Kobe was a professional loser? How long had he been in the NBA before he had a championship? Three years? Most of the time guys are in the league 10 or so years before being labeled for not having rings by those people who like to say that. I am not one of them. You have to have a good supporting cast to win games. Just because Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Dan MArino, etc. don't have much help (with all the props in the word to John Stockton) doesn't mean they are professional losers.

packt up
01-29-2006, 08:28 PM
I have a Kobe Bryant poster on my old bedroom wall from like 97-98 :$

RP
02-01-2006, 06:49 PM
I BELIEVE IN PEJA!!!!!!!! TAKE US TO THE PLAYOFFS PEJA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Sanders

RP
02-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Jackson just got carried off the court.. I cant believe how unlucky this team has been in 2 years. Its incredible.

RP
02-01-2006, 08:35 PM
I:heart: Peja

RoXer
02-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Suns are about to blow this game with the Celtics

loopydate
02-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Pistons demolishing the Wolves right now. Ricky Davis actually managed to score in this game (Detroit shut him out in his last game with the Celtics), and he looks pretty good. Even though they're losing by 17 in the third, this team is better than the team that Detroit beat in Minnesota a couple of weeks ago.

The Palace is full of celebrities for this game, especially football-related celebs. Bettis, Cowher, and Roethlisberger all have front row seats (as do some players that I don't recognize without jersey numbers), and they showed Donovan McNabb shaking hands with some fans earlier.

RoXer
02-01-2006, 09:41 PM
They are seriously going to lose this.

RoXer
02-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Nevermind

The Icon of Elisim
02-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Raptors almost lose an 18 point fourth quarter lead. Raptors are actually decent this year but they play the worst fourth quarter defense imaginable

BCWWF
02-01-2006, 10:23 PM
I think the Raptors could be good if Peja joins them next season, which has been rumored.

mrslackalack
02-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Raptors almost lose an 18 point fourth quarter lead. Raptors are actually decent this year but they play the worst fourth quarter defense imaginable

Yep Kobe put up 81 on them, and i believe 28 in the 4th

The Icon of Elisim
02-02-2006, 12:39 AM
I think the Raptors could be good if Peja joins them next season, which has been rumored.

eh, there are bigger needs depending on what MoPete and Mike James decide to do. Peja would probably get them into the playoffs but isn't going to make them a legit contender.

The Icon of Elisim
02-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Raptors trade Jalen Rose and a first rounder to the Knicks for Antonio Davis

I like the trade for the Raptors. Davis is a valuable player that is going to help Bosh... if he reports, which wouldn't shock me if he didn't. He hated Toronto by the time he left, but it was a totally different team and system at the team. He said he wanted to move for family reasons, but who knows. He and Mitchell were also friends in Indiana so maybe he'll play for Mitchell.

The Raptors had to throw in the pick, its Denver's first rounder for this year from what I'm hearing so its going to be of little value in a weak draft.

This move puts the Raptors 10 million under the salary cap at the moment, that doesn't include Alvin Williams and Eric Williams who will be gone next year and Mike James who the Raptors will probably resign now. On top of that Antonio Davis' contract is expiring.

Don't really get the trade for New York, Rose isn't the same offensive player he was in Indiana and is pretty poor on defense, don't see Brown giving him good minutes unless he comes out looking like an offensive stud. The pick also doesn't have much value unless Denver goes into a freefall.

The Miz
02-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Wow the Warriors suck. I swear if they just went with a lineup of,

PG Baron Davis
SG Mickael Pietrus
SF Jason Richardson
PF Troy Murphy
C Andris Biedrins

...they'd make the playoffs