PDA

View Full Version : Official Ring of Honor discussion thread (A few random pics from the doubleshot.)

Pages : [1] 2 3

blake639raw
08-04-2006, 11:17 PM
So, besides Innovator, who else here is actually a regular fan of ROH, and follows the product? Just wondering if there were any others.

So Inno, who do you think Dragon will drop the strap to? My top 3 picks at the moment are KENTA, Cabana, or Homicide. I don't think Joe will get the belt, especially with him on the verge of carrying the NWA title in TNA. Should still be an awesome match though.

I think Aries/Strong losing to the Briscoes will be too obvious if it happens. I would like to see Hero back, and see the Kings of Wrestling win the straps. Either that, or maybe Cabana & Homicide could form an odd couple team and win the straps. They have respect for each other now, and agree to watch each others' backs.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-04-2006, 11:20 PM
I can't imagine Dragon dropping it to KENTA, unless KENTA drops it right away to someone else. They way KENTA has been built, he has to lose to either Dragon or Joe.

I see either Homicide winning it, or Cabana winning it to drop it to Homicide.

Also... Delirious for Pure Champion :)

Jordan
08-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Cabana

The Fugitive
08-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Also... Delirious for Pure Champion :)

Why stop at Pure Champion? Why not ROH World Champion?

blake639raw
08-05-2006, 01:03 AM
I know KENTA sounds like an odd choice, but he's competing so much in ROH now, that I could see him get a brief run. It would get loads of coverage over in Japan, and he already has a decent set of challengers (rematch with Dragon, Joe, rematch with Aries & Strong).

What Would Kevin Do?
08-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Results stolen from the ROH message boards at www.rohwrestling.com (http://www.rohwrestling.com)

Ring of Honor
August 4, 2006
Lake Grove, NY

Live Results & Discussion. Results will be updated in the first post here, and you can post your discussion in this thread. Hopefully the connection stays strong during the event.

- Ring of Honor returns to Lake Grove (Long Island), New York, on Friday, November 24. The 24th is the day after Thanksgiving, known as Black Friday, and...it's my birthday.

1) Shane Hagadorn retains the Top Of The Class Trophy.

2) Bryan Danielson defeats Jack Evans via submission. Post match, KENTA runs in but gets jumped by the Briscoe brothers. Davey makes the save. He promised a beatdown of the Briscoes later in the night.

3) Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal defeat Irish Airborne. Sydal hit a standing moonsault, followed immediately by Daniels hitting the Best Moonsault Ever for the pinfall.

4) Colt Cabana defeats Claudio Castagnoli via rollup. The ending was the same ending of Cabana-Punk from P:TFC.

5) ROH World Tag Team Championships - Ultimate Endurance. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs Homicide & Ricky Reyes vs Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer vs Jimmy Rave & Sal Rinauro

- The Embassy of Jimmy Rave & Sal Rinauro have been eliminated first.
- Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer are disqualified, eliminated.
- Austin Aries & Roderick Strong defeat Homicide & Ricky Reyes to retain the ROH World Tag Team Championships.

- Steve Corino returned to ROH and attacked Homicide, so thus begins the build to the next Homicide vs Corino war!

INTERMISSION

Steve Corino and Homicide continued the brawl as the show comes back. Adam Pearce attacked Homicide. Corino and Pearce were brawling with Homicide when BJ Whitmer ran in...to aid Homicide!

6) ROH Pure Wrestling Championship: Nigel McGuinness defeats Delirious.

7) Jay & Mark Briscoe defeat KENTA & Davey Richards after a Spike Jay Driller on Davey Richards.

8) ROH World Champion Samoa Joe defeats AJ Styles after a Saito Suplex. For some reason, Bryan Danielson still held the ROH World Championship belt. Apparently he is shining it up for Joe for an extra $25.

----------------------------------------------

Ring of Honor: Fight of the Century
Saturday, August 5, 2006
Edison, New Jersey

ROH returns to Edison, New Jersey, on Saturday, November 25.

Pre-Show Results:

1) Derrick Dempsey defeats Pelle Primeau via submission. Dempsey gets the win with the Orange County Stretch.

"Fight Of The Century" Results:

2) Colt Cabana defeats Sal Rinauro via submission.

3) Top Of The Class Trophy: Shane Hagadorn defeats Bobby Dempsey via submission. Hagadorn wins "in 3 seconds", after an immediate brass knuckle shot and crossface submission.

- Adam Pearce called out BJ Whitmer. From behind, Steve Corino attacked BJ Whitmer.

4) Nigel McGuinness wins Four Corner Survival. Nigel pins Claudio Castagnoli after a lariat in a match also featuring Jay Lethal and Christopher Daniels.

Gotten word that the fans have been chanting "Change the Channel" during a Hagadorn promo.

5) ROH World Tag Team Championships - Ultimate Endurance - Austin Aries & Roderick Strong defeat Matt Sydal & Jack Evans
- Irish Airborne eliminates Jay & Mark Briscoe!
- Roderick Strong eliminates Dave & Jake Crist when Dave taps to the stronghold.
- Austin Aries pins Matt Sydal after a 450 Splash to retain the titles.

- Post match, Austin Aries wondered what happened to the stolen tag team championships. The former Generation Next teammates all shook hands after the match.

INTERMISSION

- Adam Pearce & Steve Corino in the ring. Steve Corino is ripping on fat people and then turns his attack on Green Lantern Fan's father.

6) BJ Whitmer & Homicide defeat Steve Corino & Adam Pearce via disqualification. The Briscoe brothers attacked Homicide and destroyed his arm, this causing a DQ finish.

7) KENTA defeats Davey Richards in the upset of the decade! Davey Richards kicked out of the busaiku knee kick before finally dropping to the Go 2 Sleep.

No sign of 'Europe'. "The atmosphere is intense."

8) ROH World Championship: Samoa Joe vs Bryan Danielson ends in a Time Limit Draw. "MOTYC" (Note: We've heard that enough). Joe and Dragon go 60 minutes. Afterwards, they teased giving the fans 5 more minutes, but Danielson refused. KENTA came out to confront Dragon, but the Briscoes attacked. Homicide and Samoa Joe made the save.

On September 16 in New York City, the following tag team match will happen:

Samoa Joe & Homicide vs Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe

What Would Kevin Do?
08-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Anywho... I don't have a problem with KENTA being the champ. My problem comes from the fact that Danielson has to have ATLEAST 1 pinfall/submission victory over KENTA to save face.

Maybe have Danielson drop it to Homicide, Homicide drop it to KENTA after Corino interferes (extending that feud, and screwing Homicide over without having him look weak) And then down thel ine, after various defenses, maybe have an elimination three way where KENTA is eliminated by Dragon, and then Homicide eliminates Dragon. Then everyone looks golden, and Homicide gets his reign :)

Blitz
08-06-2006, 01:29 AM
I really hate Shane Hagadorn.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-06-2006, 01:53 AM
Everyone really hates Shane Hagadorn.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Ya I would have to go with thinking it will be Homicide. I'm actually pumped for Aries' next title shot mind you, especially if it's Aries vs Danielson. They usually put on good stuff and they've both come on a lot in the past year or so.

Impact!
08-06-2006, 10:25 AM
8) ROH World Champion Samoa Joe defeats AJ Styles after a Saito Suplex. For some reason, Bryan Danielson still held the ROH World Championship belt. Apparently he is shining it up for Joe for an extra $25.

Doesn't that mean that Danielson ISN'T the RoH Champ. Now you people are saying he's going to drop it to Homicide. If I'm not mistaken it's a lil bit to late for that.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-06-2006, 11:06 AM
The guy who posted those results on the RoH board is a douche, he's been banging on for ages about how Joe was going to win, and he put stupid snarky stuff like that in. He always puts that Low Ki has returned, stupid shit like that.

Danielson is still the champion.

ron the dial
08-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I've just recently really been getting into ROH. I have a few DVDs and am going to my second show on the 26th. ROH is the best thing going on in wrestling right now, hands down.

As far as the World Title is concerned, I have a feeling that Danielson's going to drop it to Homicide. I would love to see him lose the 2 out of 3 falls match against Cabana, but I just don't see it happening. Homicide is on fire right now, and not giving him the strap would be a terrible idea.

The Mackem
08-06-2006, 07:34 PM
There's a few names I don't recognise, been a while since I watched any ROH.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Apparently Davey Richards is the man to watch... I'm not totally sold on him yet, but I've only seen him once...

Blitz
08-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Maybe Corino'll win the title and drop it to Homicide.

That'd be nice.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-07-2006, 04:55 AM
Don't know if anyone has seen this but this Saturday in Liverpool for Danielson vs McGuinness is a unification match (yes Gabe himself called it that)...I can't be bothered to track down the post but basically both titles are on the line, using pure rules, but this time the World belt can change hands on a countout or DQ. Also if there is a double DQ or countout the match will be restarted.

GUARANTEED TITLE CHANGE

What Would Kevin Do?
08-07-2006, 05:16 AM
I read that, just didn't get around to posting it here. I'm in the boat of thinking it may end in a double pin. I really can't imagine ROH dropping the Pure Title.... who knows though.

Anywho.... We should just make an official ROH thread... or rename this one.

blake639raw
08-07-2006, 06:31 AM
There should be more news on rohvideos.com sometime this week. I think Dragon will win. I can't imagine Nigel becoming ROH champ. Here is the exact news, from Gabe himself at the roh boards:

I wanted to post this before tomorrow's newswire comes out since ROH will never be the same after this Saturday's event in Liverpool.

The main event of ROH's debut in the UK on Saturday in Liverpool will see the World and Pure Title unified. There is a press conference in the next ROH Video Recap that will name the rules. Here is a preview:

-The bout will feature ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson vs. ROH Pure Champion Nigel McGuinness.

-The match will be contested under Pure Title rules so the rope breaks will be in effect and the Pure Title can change hands on DQ and countout, but the World Title can also change hands on a DQ or Countout.

-There will be no time limit.

-In the event of a double DQ or double countout, the match will be restarted.

ROH will never be the same after Liverpool. The first title change of 2006 is GUARANTEED to take place on this event.

Liverpool could see the largest crowd in ROH history. There are still tickets available. Check the main page of ROHwrestling.com for details. Be part of history!!!

Dave Youell
08-07-2006, 06:39 AM
ROH quite simply is the shit.

Although Cabana deserves a title run more than anyone else on the roster, he doesn't need it.

When Joe first got the title it was out of no where and it elevated joe, the way that a title is meant to, the same way it did with Aries, since then the guys who have had the title were either done for shock value as you really didn't expect them to get it as they were leaving (CM Punk and Noble) or Dragon, I really think they only gave it to Dragon at that time was a thank you run as well as a 'We don't have anyone else' style run.

Personally I find Dragon boring and very overatted, but that's just me, Homocide IMO is deserving of the title and with his current feud with Cornette over Low Ki I think it would be a good time to give him a run with it.

Or go completely out of left field and give the title to Chris Hero, now that would be good business

What Would Kevin Do?
08-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Honestly, I didn't see what the big deal was about Dragon, and I still think he's overrated, but now I love the guy. I just like the style I guess. His match in Detroit with Jimmy Jacobs and BJ Whitmer was damn good.

Also...

PUSH JIMMY JACOBS TO THE FUCKING MOON!

Mr. Monday Morning
08-07-2006, 11:47 AM
If the Pure title does go I will mourn for the Shelley title run that never was :'(

Chuck Jones
08-07-2006, 11:48 AM
I really hope that they don't get rid of the Pure title. I've been enjoying Nigel as champ, and I'm always drawn to Pure Title matches for some reason.

blake639raw
08-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Dragon is a great talent, and I love his work alot, but I guess he isn't for everybody. He doesn't have much of a look, but he does have a good character, and he really knows how to work a match. He's good at telling stories in his matches, and really involving the crowd. The first time I seen him, I thought to myself, "this guy should be delivering my milk". But he's contagious. The more you watch his work, you realize he is potentially a diamond in the rough. For him to be as young as he is, he really knows his way around the ring. He could truly be one of the great in ring workers of this generation before all is said and done.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-07-2006, 01:56 PM
The first time I seen him, I thought to myself, "this guy should be delivering my milk". But he's contagious. The more you watch his work, you realize he is potentially a diamond in the rough. For him to be as young as he is, he really knows his way around the ring. He could truly be one of the great in ring workers of this generation before all is said and done.

You just summed up my thoughts on him exactly. He's so damn charasmatic in the ring, but not in the normal way either. He's not like HBK, or Eddie G, or Chris Jericho, but there's something about him in the ring that sucks you in.

One of my favorite moments was when he teamed with Delerious Vs the Embassy, and Delirious did an airplane spin... Dragon looked at him when he was done and screamed.. "That's not how you do an airplane spin." And then he picked up Rave, and spun him around like 50 some times with Delirious running around them. Afterwards, he shouted. "Now THAT'S how you do an airplane spin."

Also, he's pretty funny. I love on his Myspace, in his blog, where he comments about his new shirt. "If you like maroon shirts that have someone elses name on it, and a man on the back wearing spandex shorts... this may be the shirt for you."

blake639raw
08-07-2006, 02:49 PM
My favorite matches of his this year are the tag with Lethal vs. Aries & Strong, and the McGuinness/Dragon match from WOC. His 2nd match with Delirious was also really good.

Steve The Pirate
08-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Davey Richards.

PWG >>>>> ROH and he'll prove it when he pins Danielson. Nah j/k, but Davey Richards'll win it.

The Mackem
08-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Hope Nigel wins.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Gabe added today that a double pin will result in a restart, and there will definitely only be one belt left afterwards.

Almost tempted to get up to Liverpool and get a GA ticket :shifty:

hb2k
08-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I want to go to the show, but there's no way for me to do so - bummer.

Dave Youell
08-08-2006, 09:52 AM
I've been offered freebie tickets plus access to the VIP party.

Which make me a hypocrite, but free is alot better than £50.

But I can't afford the travel

What Would Kevin Do?
08-08-2006, 10:07 AM
That really sucks that ya can't go Dave.

These free tickets don't have anything to do with Colt Cabana do they?

What Would Kevin Do?
08-09-2006, 01:43 AM
So yeah, how about that Jimmy Jacobs?

blake639raw
08-09-2006, 01:53 AM
Jacobs needs a good storyline to sink his teeth into. This whole Lacey thing is gonna get old fast.

Fignuts
08-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Nigel is the fucking man. Saw him live and he was awesome both on the mic, and in the ring.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Dunno, if Lacey dumps him for someone else and he goes emo-insane it could work ok

blake639raw
08-09-2006, 02:47 AM
I mean, it could be funny if he gets even crazier with his obsession. Jacobs is definately proving himself this year. How about that bumb against BJ Whitmer at Dragon Gate Challenge? It's a miracle he didn't break his neck.

I also hope Claudio goes places. He is all kinds of awesome. Claudio ought to somehow get Hero signed, and the Kings of Wrestling should defeat Aries & Strong. Now there is a team that could create a big buzz in the tag ranks. Aries & Strong have done a great job of elevating the straps, but Hero & Claudio are heat machines, and could put lots of asses in the seats.

As far as Davey Richards goes, I was thinking about him possibly being the guy to dethrone Dragon. Gabe seems really high on his work, and he seems to be good from my vantage point. I haven't seen hardly any of his PWG work, and I've only seen his first match with Rave in ROH. The jury is still out with me on this guy. He was impressive, but I'm not completely sold on him yet. I'd much rather see KENTA get a brief Gibson-like reign. He's a great talent, and they could promote some major matches with him as champ.
KENTA vs. Joe for the ROH Title = :drool:

So who is everybody's top 5 fav in ROH at the moment. Mine are as follows:

1. American Dragon
2. Austin Aries
3. Claudio Castagnoli
4. Colt Cabana
5. Samoa Joe

Go Dragon!!

The Fugitive
08-09-2006, 05:29 AM
Hmm... well, in no particular order.

Austin Aries
Samoa Joe
Colt Cabana
Delirious
Jim Cornette (if he doesn't count because he's not a wrestler, then Bryan Danielson)

Blitz
08-09-2006, 07:10 AM
In no particular order:

Homicide
American Dragon
Jack Evans
Jimmy Rave
Nigel McGuinness

Dave Youell
08-09-2006, 07:58 AM
That really sucks that ya can't go Dave.

These free tickets don't have anything to do with Colt Cabana do they?
Nah, i'm mates with a wrestling film crew via a promoter, who offered me the ride.

Although I'm sure Colt would remember me after our tremendous battle royal

What Would Kevin Do?
08-09-2006, 08:41 AM
I was thinking, if Lacey dumped Jimmy, Jimmy could go emo depressive/emo psychotic. A sadomasochist wrestler? Hmmmmmmm. BTW, the power bomb botch at Dragongate challenge was unreal live. I was in the second row of section C, on the aisle, so I had a clear shot of it. The crowd when from chanting holy shit, to being dead quiet. Then when Jimmy kicked out in the ring, the crowd went apeshit.

If ROH wants to make Detroit a market, then give Jimmy jacobs the ball, because Detroit is seriously into him.
Also, totally agree with The Kings of Wrestling taking the straps. Claudio is awesome, and I've been pretty damn impressed with Hero.

I think it's way to early to give Davey the belt... I saw someone on the ROH board talking about how the belt has been used to elevate people, and in surprising ways (like Gibson and Punk getting the belt although they were signed to WWE.). I think they need to move a bit away from that though... Don't give the belt to Davey just because it would elevate him/ be shocking. Let him build himself up some other way.

I'd have it go from Danielson, to KENTA, to Homicide. Let Homicide have a run with it, then have something odd happen where the title is held up... Have a tourny, and have the final be Joe and Dragon... a huge fight, and the winner will be the first 2 time champ... That's good booking.

My top 5 right now would be.

Tie for 1st between Danielson, Samoa Joe, and KENTA ( I know KENTA isn't technically in ROH, but he's doing a lot of dates with them

4. Jimmy Jacobs
5. (Tie) Delirious/Homicide

Mr. Monday Morning
08-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Dragon
Aries
McGuinness
Rave
Delirious

Blitz
08-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah, for real, that powerbomb was the scariest thing I've ever seen.

ron the dial
08-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I haven't seen that powerbomb yet, but from what I've heard I need to get around to that.

Top 5
1. Austin Aries
2. Colt Cabana
3. Homicide
4. Bryan Danielson
5. Jimmy Jacobs

Mr. Monday Morning
08-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I thought Jacobs was dead. Even though I obviously knew he wasn't from reading it, it still just made me catch my breath for a second. Fucking astonishing they managed to carry on.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Liverpool show is happening right now. I will copy and paste the results (editing as needed) as they get posted on the RoH boards

Matt Sydal def. Spud, Jonny Storm & Colt Cabana when Sydal hit Spud with the Shooting Star Press

Chris Hero (!) came out but was run off by Cabana

Davey Richards def. Jimmy Rave with the Double Underhook Brainbuster

BJ Whitmer def. Claudio Castagnoli via jacknife pin (I think - results said jacknife hold but I never heard of that)

Hero came out again and started to beat down BJ but Cabana returned, leading to Hero vs Cabana

Colt Cabana def. Chris Hero via Colt 45

RoH returns to the UK 2nd & 3rd March 2007 - Liverpool will be on the 3rd (a Saturday)

Doug Williams & Jody Fleisch def. SUWA & Go Shiosaki when Williams hit the Chaos Theory on Shiosaki. Post-match SUWA turned on Shiosaki (not much of a surprise there). Williams & Fleisch now receive a tag title shot tomorrow night.

Intermission

Robbie Brookside def. Chad Collyer to retain the FWA Heavyweight Title using the Saxon Clutch (I think the same as the Cobra Clutch, not sure)

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong def. Jay & Mark Briscoe to retain the ROH World Tag Team Titles after Aries hit the 450 on Jay. Aries & Strong will now face Williams & Fleisch tomorrow, while the Briscoes will face the team of Matt Sydal & Davey Richards.

Bryan Danielson def. Nigel McGuinness to become the first ever unified ROH World Champion via referee stoppage (elbows to the head). Danielson apparently offered a rematch and Nigel accepted - whether that is tomorrow or not is unclear.

ron the dial
08-12-2006, 02:17 PM
I can't wait for Chris Hero to be a full fledged member of ROH. It can only mean good things for the wrestling world.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-12-2006, 02:50 PM
I agree. Chris Hero is awesome, and would give them another much needed heel.

Also, the Hero's Welcome is awesome.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Also.

LET's GO NIGEL!

blake639raw
08-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Hell yeah, Kings of Wrestling!! :love:

I say the KoW beat Aries & Strong for the straps soon.

Also, LET'S GO DRAGON!!!!

Blitz
08-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Jody Fleisch and Doug Williams :love:

ron the dial
08-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Kings of Wrestling for ROH Tag Team Champs!

Also, I'm looking for a Bryan Danielson win today. Best in the world, baby.

James Steele
08-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Sonjay DUTT

What Would Kevin Do?
08-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Damn you Danielson.... DAMN YOU!!!!!!

thecc
08-12-2006, 11:10 PM
*Marks the fuck out for more hero in ROH*

Innovator
08-14-2006, 12:49 AM
I leave for a week and people pick up the pace, I like it

Blitz
08-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Results from Broxbourne, courtesey of Observer

Ring of Honor
Broxbourne Civic Hall, Broxbourne, England
Sunday, August 13
Report courtesy of WrestleMag.com:

Ring of Honor were in Broxbourne, England this afternoon for the second and final stop on their huge UK tour. Once again, WrestleMag were there to bring you ongoing results throughout the night. Thanks to everybody who joined us for our live coverage earlier this evening.
Results and notes from the sold out Broxbourne Civic Hall (crowd estimated at around 600) as follows:

- The show started with Austin Aries announcing he would not be able to wrestle due to having broken two ribs in Liverpool. Bryan Danielson interrupted him to question whether he was injured, which led to Bryan Danielson vs Roderick Strong being announced for tonight’s show. As Danielson was leaving, SUWA attacked him.

- Go Shiozaki beat BJ Whitmer in the opening match of the night following a moonsault from the top rope. Good match to get started. The crowd are quiet so far compared to last night, and a chant started up during the opening match acknowledging that.

- Jonny Storm beat Jody Fleisch and Spud in a three-way match after Storm hit the Wonderwhirl on Spud and got the pinfall. Fast paced match, plenty of highspots which the crowd popped for. After the match, Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero and Chad Collyer hit the ring and attacked Storm and Spud which led to toilet paper being thrown all over the place by the fans. Nigel McGuiness and Robbie Brookside hit the ring to make the save - the crowd went nuts for Brookside. They were joined by Colt Cabana who evened things up. This led to a 6-man tag being announced…

- Colt Cabana, Nigel McGuiness & Robbie Brookside beat Chad Collyer, Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli after McGuiness pinned Collyer following a hard hitting clothesline. Very good match. The crowd have livened up a hell of a lot since the show began.

- Bryan Danielson called out SUWA after what happened at the start of the show, and challenged him to a match for Danielson’s Title. SUWA accepted and they went at it straight away, with Danielson being busted open in a stiff, brutal match which (like 99% of everything ROH of done this weekend in the UK) the crowd loved. Danielson picked up the win after a small package.

- Doug Williams beat Jimmy Rave with the Chaos Theory. Rave got the full toilet paper treatment upon his entrance.

- The Briscoe Brothers beat Matt Sydal & Davey Richards.

- Bryan Danielson defeated Roderick Strong to retain the ROH Title after using his Cattle Mutilation finisher to get the submission win.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Good to see ROH made the best of Aries being injured.

Does anyone know what's exactly up w/ Aries?

Skippord
08-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Sonjay DUTT
:mad:

Impact!
08-14-2006, 03:46 AM
Sonjay DUTT

:love:

ron the dial
08-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Good to see ROH made the best of Aries being injured.

Does anyone know what's exactly up w/ Aries?
Apparently he has a few cracked ribs, but is going to try and be back in action for the St. Paul/Chicago shows. What a bad ass.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-14-2006, 06:42 AM
It's a shame he won't get the recognition he deserves in TNA. I just finished watching the Aries/Strong Vs CIMA/Doi match from Better than our best... Damn that was a good match. Aries got his nose fucked up in that too.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-14-2006, 08:09 AM
I was there at Broxbourne yesterday, fun times.

Before we even went in me and my friends were eating lunch outside and Prince Nana came over and asked for (and got) a light from my mate :cool: He then proceeded to walk down the road to the local petrol station to get some food wearing what looked to be boxer shorts :-\ (we weren't stalking, the petrol station had the nearest ATM :p )

The fanslam beforehand was pretty good, Nigel took over host duties after his 15 minutes were up, funny bastard. Apparently...well, Matt Sydal got onto the fan-organised bus trip yesterday morning with his pants around his ankles, and somehow word got out that some chick stuck two fingers up his ass after the aftershow party in Liverpool. So Nigel and pretty much everyone else were making little signals at him the whole time. And yes, there was chanting on the show. You don't get THAT with WWE ;) It was all flimed, should make the DVD. OH, and damn, the Briscoes are the most purebred rednecks ever.

Anyway yeah, the crowd was fairly quiet to start but livened up as it went on. Some idiots in the crowd chanting/shouting stuff that was out of place or just stupid, and quite a few people seem to miss the point of TP'ing Rave (it's meant to create a visual, the point isn't to hit him as hard as you can)...Gabe actually came out at one point and told a guy point blank to stop throwing stuff as he was still doing it like 10 minutes into the match.

When Aries came out he had a total DDP tape job on his ribs...I'd imagine it must be pretty bad as he wrestled a year on an injured knee without even knowing it, so it takes something to slow him down.

Whitmer/Go was a nice start, very hard hitting as you might expect, crowd were mostly behind BJ as you might expect with Go being the visitor, but it was a nice match.

Spud/Storm/Fleisch was a total spotfest but they held it together pretty well, nothing was really blown that I saw. Spud took a SICK powerbomb into the barrier.

Hero/Claudio/Collyer vs Nigel/Brookside/Cabana was really good fun, it'll probably come across better on DVD actually, clear face/heel tag formula stuff, and it worked really well. Was weird to see Nigel acting total babyface but it worked.

SUWA/Dragon was a little bit disappointing...I'm not sure if it was thrown together last minute or it was intended to be the main and they had to chop a bunch of stuff out, but it felt a little 'unfinished'. People didn't really seem to know who SUWA was either, and since Dragon has been heeling it for months it was a little difficult to root for either. Dragon was busted open hardway on the back of his head after SUWA hit him with a chair (not a folding chair, they were like theatre types - I think the corner hit him but I couldn't see too well).

Rave/Williams was ok but their styles didn't seem to mesh too well. Doug was in control for a long time as well, which was a little weird as Jimmy's matches are basically all about him getting heat. Nana was great though, as ever :D

Briscoes vs Sydal/Richards was AWESOME. If you know any of these guys you know what to expect, some strikes, some flying, some sweet double teams...everything just hit really well and crisp and people were on their feet for most of the last 5-10 minutes. Worth going out of your way to see, IMO.

Finally Dragon/Strong was pretty good, although there was never any *real* doubt who would win. It kinda seemed like a best of from their previous matches, nothing really new in there (but that would be asking a lot). Dragon won after the UFC type elbows, and then he locked on the Cattle Mutilation, but Strong was already out. Dragon was bleeding from the lip and he busted Roddy open at the temple with the elbows. Dragon was a total mess by the end, blood in his hair, all down his face, and his chest was chopped to hamburger.

On the way out I shook Cary's hand :cool:

So yeah, considering the card was basically made up on the night apart from one match, it came out pretty good. No way was it worth £75 but I got like 4th row and was facing the hard camera, so should be on the DVD :cool:

Innovator
08-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Aries is pretty much the man, cmon he wrestled for close to a year with a tear in his ACL.

Joe + Homicide on the same page = unbeatable

wrathchildCEW
08-14-2006, 11:41 AM
I was at Broxbourne last night. Damn good show. Shiozaki vs Whitmer was shit hot, as were the two tag team matches (the 6-man and Briscoes/Sydal & Richards).

ron the dial
08-14-2006, 03:45 PM
As much as I hope that Aries takes the necessary amount of time off to heal himself up, I also want him to wrestle when they come back to the states. I'm going to the Chicago show, and I really want to see Aries/Strong defend the belts against Daniels/Sydal. Last time around I didn't get to see a tag title defense, so I'm pumped for it.

redoneja
08-14-2006, 05:24 PM
If it's not too much to ask, could someone give a brief summary of what's going on right now in RoH? My interest in wrestling has waned a bit over the last six months so I haven't been keeping up with it as much.

Innovator
08-14-2006, 07:18 PM
ROH vs. czw ended with Cage of Death at Death Before Dishonor IV. Homicide saved the day for ROH after Danielson took out Joe. Homicide wanted 3 wishes,

1) Steve Corino in the ring, granted by Cornette

2) ROH World Title shot, granted by Cornette

3) Low Ki reinstated, not granted, Cornette/Pearce/JJ Dillon jump Cide, whipping him

Homicide promises to win a title by Final Battle 2006, or he's out of ROH.

Aries is hurt, but him and Strong are still tag champs, but no longer under the name Generation Next.

Nigel just lost the PURE title to Danielson, who is the ROH World and PURE Champion.

Roderick still sucks on the mic

Delirious is climbing the ranks slowly, as is Davey Richards

Jimmy still loves Lacey

Joe is still God.

BJ is the MVP of 2006 thus far, put in the upper card/main event. He has an alliance with Homicide against Pearce and Corino.

KENTA wants to make Danielson go 2 sleep.

AND

American Dragon is still the best wrestler in the world.

ron the dial
08-15-2006, 06:12 PM
And will Danielson succeed in making it to one year?

You'd better believe it. As much as I would love to see any of those four contenders holding the belt, Danielson is the man right now.

Innovator
08-15-2006, 06:14 PM
I have to go with Homicide winning at Final Battle in his hometown, best shot of him winning

Steve The Pirate
08-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Did the Pure Title become merged with the world title permanently?

Innovator
08-15-2006, 07:10 PM
nope, still separate titles

What Would Kevin Do?
08-16-2006, 12:36 AM
nope, still separate titles

Was this something that was confirmed recently? Because I thought they did merge... Unless Gabe said something recently.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Nobody is really sure right now. On Sunday Dragon came out with the World around his waist and the Pure over his shoulder, but was just announced as the World Champion, so who knows. If he'd had the FIP belt with him it would've been a Triple Crown, pretty much.

Have had a couple days to reflect on Broxbourne and I still say Briscoes vs Sydal/Richards is worth going out of your way to see. Really, really good tag.

Innovator
08-16-2006, 11:08 AM
August 15th: Ring Of Honor now has two homes. The United Kingdom became a ROH home after the tremendous shows last weekend in Liverpool and Broxbourne. ROH is now worldwide live and plans to present several shows a year in the UK. ROH will return in March and we'll have ticket information soon. It was a truly historic weekend as ROH leapt to the next level due to the crowd support that came from all over Europe. We can't thank everyone that attended Liverpool and Broxbourne enough for making it a truly historic weekend. We can't wait to get back to the UK!!!

August 15th: Bryan Danielson is now your ROH World Champion and ROH Pure Champion after defeating Nigel McGuinness last Friday in Liverpool. The epic match saw McGuinness gain the overwhelming support of the UK crowd after smashing his head on the ringpost causing a huge bump and severe blood loss. Danielson won the grueling match after a series of elbows to Nigel's bleeding head. We will have highlights of this encounter in the next ROH Video Recap at ROHvideos.com. Bryan Danielson is now a triple champion as he also holds the FIP Heavyweight Title. The FIP reign is now eight months long.

August 15th: The main event of the huge return in St. Paul, MN on 8/25 will be the rematch from Liverpool as Danielson defends the World Title against McGuinness. This will be Nigel's last chance at Danielson during this World Title reign. This match will also be 2/3 Falls. Danielson wanted to make the match 2/3 Falls so he could prove that he can win four falls in one weekend. Danielson will be facing Colt Cabana in a 2/3 Falls Match the next night in Chicago. Bryan Danielson proved his toughness by defeating Roderick Strong in Broxbourne after being busted open in a match earlier on the card against NOAH's SUWA. A bloody Danielson defeated both Strong and SUWA in World Title Matches on the same night. Now Danielson will have to win four falls over two top challengers in one weekend. If Danielson can make it past St. Paul and Chicago with the World Title no one can doubt that Danielson is indeed "The Best In The World."

August 15th: There is now a 20% off EVERYTHING sale with NO MINIMUM purchase at ROHwrestling.com. There are over 1000 items now at ROHwrestling.com including DVDs, shirts, figures and more from TNA, WWE, NOAH and all the other big promotions plus many independents. This also includes all live event tickets to every upcoming show. Act now because the sale ends tomorrow night.

August 15th: ROHwrestling.com is very proud to release a unique shoot interview. Straight Shootin' With The Women Of Honor sees Lacey, Daizee Haze & Allison Danger sit down to give all the inside information about their careers. These three were an open book in discussing everything from ROH to SHIMMER to their thoughts on WWE's divas and T&A promotions. You'll hear about life in the wrestling business from a women's perspective in this one. This is like getting three shoots in one!!!

August 15th: We have another big match for 8/25 in St. Paul. Jay & Mark Briscoe have challenged Irish Airborne of Dave & Jake Crist to a tag team contest. The Briscoes want to destroy Irish Airborne. The Crists scored a big upset when they pinned The Briscoes in an Ultimate Endurance on 8/5. Now The Briscoes want to prove it was a fluke. This one is sure to feature some exciting action. Get tickets for St. Paul and all ROH live events now for 20% off at ROHwrestling.com. The sale includes all tickets even ringside seats.

August 15th: ROH World Tag Team Champions Austin Aries & Roderick Strong had their belts mysteriously returned to them before the Liverpool show. They left their locker room and when they returned the belts were on their lugguge with a note that said "these will be ours." An investigation has been launched to find out who was behind this.

August 15th: The ROHwrestling.com Newswire be back tomorrow with more on the 8/26 Chicago show including a new match plus more news from the UK groundbreaking events.

Steve The Pirate
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
If it is merged then there will be no Grand Slam Champion unless Danielson finds a partner eh? Also, right after The Kings take out Aries and Strong I see Hero making a second gun for Danielson.

The Fugitive
08-17-2006, 06:37 PM
That's not true, Steve. Samoa Joe is a former Pure Champion and World Champion. If he was to capture the World Tag Team titles, he'll be ROH's 1st Grand Slam Champion.

Innovator
08-17-2006, 06:43 PM
That or if Aries wins the Pure title

ron the dial
08-17-2006, 07:58 PM
The Kings of Wrestling have claimed responsibility for the theft of the tag team titles. Chris Hero makes this claim on his livejournal (http://chrishero.livejournal.com/). And the speculation is that it will be the KOW vs. Aries/Strong on 9/16. Now, none of this is coming from Gabe, so take it with a grain of salt. But it just makes too much sense not to be the truth.

Innovator
08-17-2006, 08:27 PM
They should earn the shot, not just steal the belts and get them. I mean the Crists have more wins in ROH than the KOW do.

ron the dial
08-17-2006, 08:34 PM
I agree with that. ROH isn't known for handing out title shots, so why would they start now? Plus, it would give the KOW time to build up even more heat as a team.

Also, I can't stand Irish Airborne. I hope they stay away from those belts for a long time to come. They've got a hell of a lot of developing left to do.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-18-2006, 02:55 AM
If you read the post that Hero made he says that he and Claudio signed an open contract that Aries & Strong sent out through CHIKARA. So I'd say the match is all but set.

That, on top of these already announced:

Danielson vs KENTA
McGuinness vs Marafuji
Homicide/Joe vs Briscoes

Damn, I really need to find a cheap plane to NY for 9/16

What Would Kevin Do?
08-18-2006, 03:12 AM
That show is hot.

Innovator
08-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Homicide & Joe vs. Briscoes is gonna be a war.

Wait...remember back in 2004 how Homicide and Ki were responsible for "injuring" the Briscoes, forcing them to take a long sabatical from ROH. Thats what we call continuity.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-18-2006, 02:23 PM
You know, I was thinking. Corino is buddy buddy with a bunch of Zero One guys, so I'm wondering if ROH will bring in someone to fight Homicide to try to "take him out" for Corino or Cornette (thinking like Joe was brought in to take out Low ki by the Prophecy.)

Steve The Pirate
08-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Homicide & Joe vs. Briscoes is gonna be a war.

Wait...remember back in 2004 how Homicide and Ki were responsible for "injuring" the Briscoes, forcing them to take a long sabatical from ROH. Thats what we call continuity.
I'm calling it now, Homicide & Joe will win the Tag Team Championships before 2007.

Innovator
08-18-2006, 06:47 PM
That'd be good, but I'd rather see Cide go for the World Title, if KENTA doesn't win.

blake639raw
08-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Everybody should check out the new video recap at rohvideos.com It has lots of footage from the UK shows.

Also, I placed my order today for Chi-Town Challenge & Death Before Dishonor IV. I can't wait to see the COD.

ron the dial
08-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Chi-Town Struggle was a solid show live. Granted it was my first live ROH experience, but I liked it a lot.

I really hope that Joe/'Cide don't win the tag titles. Sure, Joe would be a Triple Crown champ and Homicide would get his first ROH gold, but it just doesn't work for me. Let Homicide get a title on his own, a la winning the World Title. As far as Joe goes, I could care less if he had won all of the titles or not. He's done so much for that company as it is.

Innovator
08-19-2006, 12:13 AM
I got Chi-town Struggle, man the Cabana/Danielson match should get a lot more love. I knew the ending yet I thought Cabana had it at the end with the Colt 45. Also Delirious showed up against Joe, and is really stepping up in 2006.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-19-2006, 11:02 AM
I love Delrious. He was hilarious at Throwdown.

If you haven't seen it, at one point, he goes to the top, but catches him and is about to throw him off the top.. Delirious holds on, and just says "NO!" Joe tries again.. "NO!" and again.. "NO!" Joe backs away and tells Delirious to get down... "NO!" Joe walks away, then Delirious jumps, and Joe casually walks out of the way.

It was great.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Saw some of the guys at a show last night. Nigel is really beaten up right now, he still has a huge scar on his forehead and he has a hell of a black eye.

Aries wrestled but was moving around extremely gingerly. To be honest IMO he need to take at least 2-3 weeks off.

One of the Briscoes appeared to injure his foot but he carried on ok so I'm not sure how serious it was.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-21-2006, 05:44 PM
You know, anyone who hasn't needs to check out www.rohvideos.com (http://www.rohvideos.com).

Check out some of the content they have uplodated damnit! Especially the last summary vid with the Danielson/McGuinness highlights.

Innovator
08-21-2006, 06:47 PM
People are saying Dragon/Nigel is the MOTY, can't wait to see it.

Blitz
08-21-2006, 07:02 PM
I love the video roster on rohvideos.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
I would mark out like a bitch if Jimmy somehow beats Homicide.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Maybe have Corino interfere and the two battle, and when Homicide goes to nail a Lariat on Corino, he smokes Lacey.... Jimmy goes ape shit and destroys everyone around him, including Corino, the ref, Homicide, etc... That would be awesome.

Innovator
08-21-2006, 08:33 PM
I just wanna see Jimmy huss again, it'll be the markout moment of the year once he ditches Lacey and does the huss again.

ron the dial
08-21-2006, 09:10 PM
I want to see Jimmy huss Lacey.

Boy, that sounds dirty when I read it again.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Hell, I want to huss Lacey.

Or she can huss me...

As long as there is some hussing going on between me and Lacey, I'll be happy.

Innovator
08-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Don't we all wanna huss Lacey...don't we all...

Innovator
08-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Speaking of Lacey, Straight Shooting with the Women of Honor is pretty interesting. Allison Danger talks a lot

Blitz
08-21-2006, 11:17 PM
As long as we're talking about Lacey...

http://www.rohphotos.com/lacey/coppermine/albums/exclusives/normal_IMG_7799.JPG

Yeahhhhhhhh

What Would Kevin Do?
08-21-2006, 11:21 PM
http://myspace-328.vo.llnwd.net/00469/82/34/469894328_l.jpg

Innovator
08-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew :love:

redoneja
08-21-2006, 11:47 PM
I just ordered Buffalo Stampede, In Your Face, and Death Before Dishonor IV. Anyone have these dvds or any reviews of them(w/o match results)?

Innovator
08-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Don't have them. Next order is gonna be In Your Face and DBD IV, maybe I'll hold out until War of the Wire II comes out.

I recommend Chi-town Struggle though.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Throwdown was a pretty hot show too.

Both the world title match, and KENTA Vs Strong are badass.

thecc
08-22-2006, 12:55 AM
As far as Jimmy Jacobs goes, he's best as a cocky chicken-shit heel. Just like his IWA-MS title reign.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lc_yoGeMqSE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lc_yoGeMqSE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

P.S. The kings of wrestling are taking the tag titles.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-22-2006, 12:57 AM
You know, I watched that video of him that someone posted on the ROH message board about his reign, and I have to agree. He plays the part really really well...

Although I do love his gimmick right now too, and think he could be a great baby face. If they really do want to do something with him, they could play the Lacey thing out, then have him "come to his senses." and dump her. He gets some women, etc, and slowly starts to transform into a cocky asshole... Later Lacey and him reunite, but now he's no longer obbessive.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-22-2006, 12:58 AM
THat video was not there when I replied damnit! But yeah, that's the vid I was talking about.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-22-2006, 07:47 AM
I don't remember the Buffalo Stampede card exactly but it had a couple good matches but with a terrible crowd. I mean really, just bad. Pretty sure they haven't been back to Buffalo since.

Impact!
08-22-2006, 08:22 AM
[random] What's happening with Low Ki in RoH at the moment?

What Would Kevin Do?
08-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Low Ki and ROH have supposedly severed ties.

I don't know if an official statement was ever given (rumor has it Low Ki wanted more money, and ROH would have had to give all their big names more money then.)

Storyline wise, he was fired by Cornette because he was the one who accidentally knocked out his tooth in a brawl.

Innovator
08-22-2006, 10:26 AM
I think Ki didn't want to job to Roderick, and money.

His name is being thrown around a lot now, so who knows.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-22-2006, 11:24 AM
I was thinking they could bring him back, but my prob is, unless he turns on Homicide, he'd probably take the spotlight off of him, which would suck.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-22-2006, 02:35 PM
It could work you know. Ki as a heel never really clicked properly, everyone pretty much still cheered for him...I'm willing to bet a large part of that was due to his association with Homicide, as he had the same thing going. Now Homicide is uber-face, Ki turning on him could work.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Results from the St.Paul show, courtesy of React at the ROH message boards.

<TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top height="100%">THE INFO!

Attendance estimated at 450. Now said to be 500-600. Definitely sold out he says.

The Briscoe Brothers over Irish Airborne via unnamed submission

Homicide over Jimmy Jacobs via a LARIATOOOOOOOOOOOO!
***POST MATCH*** Briscoe's attack Homicide and hit a double team Jay driller!

Christopher Daniels over Claudio Costanolli after Claudio swings his briefcase at Daniels but misses, Daniels capitalizes with a fast roll-up

Colt Cabana & Davey Richards over Jimmy Rave & Sal Rinauro when Sal is forced to tap to Cabana's reverse Boston Crab

INTERMISSION
Arik Cannon spotted during intermission!

Matt Sydal over Delirious via Flux Capacitor. Said to be tremendous match

***NOTE*** Tag title match now, HUGE "Welcome Home" chants for Austin Aries

Austin Aries & Roderick Strong over Samoa Joe & BJ Whitmer when Strong hits a double knee gutbuster, dropkick, and a Gibson Driver. Said to be amazing, amazing, amayyyyyyyyyyyzing

Dragon over Nigel PINFALL 1: Small Package
Nigel over Dragon Submission: Hammerlock?
AND THE FINAL!!!!!

TIME LIMIT DRAW!!!

WOW

DANIELSON RETURNS THE BELT TO NIGEL!
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom><HR color=whitesmoke noShade SIZE=1>Edited by - React on 08/26/2006 01:00:43</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thecc
08-26-2006, 03:36 PM
I hope ROH starts booking Arik Cannon.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-27-2006, 01:17 AM
Ring of Honor Wrestling
Chicago, Illinois
8/26/2006

Pre-Show Results

1) CJ Otis defeats Mitch Franklin. CJ Otis wins via German Suplex.

2) Trik Davis defeats Rhett Titus. Trik won with a front guillotine choke.

3) Shane Hagadorn defeats Pelle Primeau to retain his ROH Top of the Class Trophy. Shane, again, won after using an illegal object.

Ring of Honor Main Show - The start time of tonight's show has been delayed until 7:45 due to late arriving traffic.

Davey Richards is in the ring wrestling a student right now.

4) ROHVideos.com Match - Davey Richards defeats Sugar Foot. Post match, Richards called out the Briscoes. Briscoes vs Richards and Homicide later tonight.

5) Nigel McGuinness & Sal Rinauro & Jimmy Rave defeat Delirious & Jake Crist & Dave Crist. Nigel McGuinness is not a new member of the Embassy. Nigel got the win after a strong clothesline on one of the members of Irish Airborne.

6) Jimmy Jacobs defeats BJ Whitmer. Jacobs rolled up Whitmer. There was a super hurricanrana spot onto a table on the outside. Jacobs hit repeated chair shots to Whitmer's ankle.
- You may discuss the show in this thread, also.

Long James E. Cornette promo.

7) Mark Briscoe & Jay Briscoe defeat Homicide & Davey Richards. The Briscoes get the win after a springboard Doomsday Device on Davey Richards.

INTERMISSION - ROH returns to Chicago on October 28.

8) Samoa Joe defeats Claudio Castagnoli after a musclebuster. Post match report is that Claudio's muscles are indeed busted. Samoa Joe challenged Dragon for October (Note: Joe vs Dragon is already scheduled for October at Survival of the Fittest.)

9) ROH World Tag Team Championships: Austin Aries & Roderick Strong defeat Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal. Aries gets the pinfall on Daniels via the 450 Splash.

News Brief: Austin Aries vs Christopher Daniels has been announced for the October 28 return to Chicago.

News Brief #2: Steve Corino will be on the ROH events in Dayton and Chicago on October 27 & 28.

10) ROH World Championship: "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson DRAW "Classic" Colt Cabana. Bryan Danielson remains YOUR ROH World Champion.

- Fall 1: Colt Cabana rolls up Bryan Danielson in 6 minutes to gain the first fall.
- Fall 2: Bryan Danielson pins Colt Cabana via Small Package with under a minute left in the match.

Goodnight.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-27-2006, 01:18 AM
2 best of 3 matches, both ending in draws... Is the end of the reign near for the Dragon? Hmmmmm.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-27-2006, 05:15 AM
Unless I'm mistaken next up is Aries, who I'd imagine Dragon would probably beat down quite severely due to his ribs, leading to the tag title change, then 9/16 is KENTA. I honestly can't see them putting it on KENTA but at this point I'm hard pressed to think of any other credible challenger, Joe aside.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Holy shit!!! Danielson just gained even more respect from me... Check this out, from the latest Newswire.

------------------------------------

August 27th: About 10 minutes into the Cabana match last night Danielson suffered a separated shoulder. Danielson gutted out the final 50 minutes of the match and wrestled in excruciating pain in what will go down as legendary effort. Danielson went to the emergency room this morning and had his shoulder popped back into place. He will see a specialist this week for a MRI and we will have an update on his condition when we get one.

Fignuts
08-28-2006, 02:34 AM
I can totally see KENTA getting the win. Noah and ROH have been working closer and closer together. As a KENTA fan, i'd love to see it too.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-28-2006, 02:38 AM
You know, it wouldn't be a horrible idea to have KENTA win it, defend it in Japan a little against some guys for a month or two, and then drop it back to someone in ROH.

redoneja
08-28-2006, 02:43 AM
I kinda wanna see Danielson keep it past the year mark.

Steve The Pirate
08-28-2006, 01:41 PM
I am officially sick of Danielson's reign. If I actually bought Ring of Honor DVDs I'd stop till he loses the belt.

Mr. Monday Morning
08-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm more excited by Strong-Joe than Bruno :-\ Not that I don't appreciate who he is and what he has done, but I dunno. I would be surprised if they get him to do a shoot actually - although before the announcement I would've been surprised for him to make any kind of appearance at all, so who knows.

Steve The Pirate
08-30-2006, 06:07 AM
I hope ROH starts booking Arik Cannon.
The Kool-Aid Man??

thecc
08-30-2006, 12:13 PM
The Kool-Aid Man??OH YEAH!!!

Mr. Monday Morning
08-30-2006, 02:01 PM
I don't think Cannon would work right now tbh :$ I'd rather have Team FIST :cool:

thecc
08-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Theres so many midwest and socal indy talent i'd love to see in ring of honor.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-01-2006, 04:12 AM
Check this video out. It's for the KENTA Vs Roderick Strong match. Awesome stuff.... I had nothing to do with this obviously, it's from Code Red 48 at the ROH message board, and it's on the site www.themvzone.com (http://www.themvzone.com) which should definately be checked out for cool videos.

http://www.themvzone.com/videos/newwave/KENTA_vs_Roderick_FULL.wmv (http://www.themvzone.com/videos/newwave/KENTA_vs_Roderick_FULL.wmv)

Mr. Monday Morning
09-01-2006, 07:30 AM
http://myspace-358.vo.llnwd.net/01114/85/36/1114896358_l.jpg

Whitmer finally got his ankle cleaned up and is out 3-4 months :( Tough bastard.

Not sure why Nigel is still listed as Pure champ either. The whole situation is a bit of a mess really.

Destor
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Sammartino :love:

What Would Kevin Do?
09-01-2006, 08:49 AM
KENTA Vs Danielson and Marufuji Vs McGuiness are going to be badass.

Steve The Pirate
09-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Guaranteed that Kenta vs. Danielson ends in another 60 minute draw.

blake639raw
09-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Mark my words, either KENTA will beat Dragon for the title, or the KoW will take the tag team belts on Glory by Honor weekend.

Steve The Pirate
09-07-2006, 01:19 PM
He won't.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Hopefully Aries has had a chance to rest up a bit, cause if they're both good to go Aries-Richards should be :drool:

Mr. Monday Morning
09-10-2006, 05:46 AM
Marafuji won the GHC title :|

Not the Jr title, but the actual, full, heavyweight title :|

No way in hell Briscoes or Nigel are going over next week

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Marafuji won the GHC title :|

Not the Jr title, but the actual, full, heavyweight title :|

No way in hell Briscoes or Nigel are going over next week

I like Maru, but I didn't want him going over Akiyama.

It WON'T happen... But what if Nigel beat Maru for the title, and KENTA beat Danielson?

Nigel could defend the GHC in ROH as the main champ, and KENTA could defend the ROH belt in NOAH...

It would be huge.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Also, if you're keeping score...

This means the current ROH champion has beaten the current NOAH champion.

Blitz
09-11-2006, 02:48 AM
Liking the 2 matches announced for the Detroit show :y:

Fignuts
09-11-2006, 03:04 AM
WTF

In no way is Marufuji ready to take the title. Eventually, for sure, but not now, and not from Akiyama.

Between Rikioh, Taue's hand-me-out reign, and Akiyama's far too short reign, to Marafuji being the one tio beat him for it, They have just rendered Misiwa and Kobashi's reigns, which established major credibility to the title, useless wastes of time.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2006, 04:31 AM
There is a flipside to this though Fig...

In one sense, they may be damning the title's imagine.

In the other sense, they're preparing the New Generation.

If Maru is going to head the new gen, they have to do it now, as they don't have tons of time. A lot of their big names are getting up there. Kobashi and Misawa don't have much left obviously. I've heard talks of Taue being done soon, etc, etc.

Also, Akiyama is on their booking team, so he had a lot of influence over this.

I guess what I'm saying is, the title is worthless if they don't have people to fight over it in the future.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-11-2006, 08:01 AM
I was thinking about the KENTA - Dragon situation earlier...before Maru won the title I think Gabe might have been prepared to put the title on KENTA, but now I can't see it happening. I doubt NOAH would intentionally stab them in the back like New Japan did with the whole Best of American Super Juniors tourny, but they could easily have KENTA ROH champ job out to Maru NOAH champ. Ok there would probably be contactual language there somewhere to prevent that but still...looks like Dragon will still be champ through 16/9 IMO

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Even if KENTA won the ROH title, and then lost a match to Maru, it wouldn't hurt ROH. A. Exposure is good. B. Danielson still holds a victory over Maru.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-11-2006, 02:26 PM
I was seriously looking into trying to get there on pretty short notice with a friend, but because it's so late it would be stupidly expensive (like £600+ for the flights and 2 nights hotel). Shame, cause it really does seem to be loaded. Still, am going to carry on planning for the inevitable Wrestlemania shows next year.

Oh, and then there's this: <a href="mms://128.241.238.33/ROH/Svictoryoflove.wmv">New Jimmy Jacobs promo/song</a> (opens in WMP). Smell the emo ~! Wouldn't want to be Cabana. A couple weeks ago I would've wanted to be, but not right now.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-11-2006, 02:32 PM
There was actually something else I was thinking about...is Akiyama vs Joe now more or less likely? I'd think with him no longer being champ there's no real barrier to it happening excepting for the inevitable politics. I guess you could argue Jun is not the draw that Kobashi was/is but I'd still pay to see that match.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2006, 02:35 PM
JIMMY!!!!

COLT MUST DDDDIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Jimmy :(:(:(

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2006, 02:36 PM
I think it's more likely to happen. Especially since rumor has itKobashi was supposed to come back for a rematch. Having Akiyama come would be the next best thing. In fact, he's probably the biggest name in NOAH who I'd want to see come (honestly, Misawa would have too many issues.)

Steve The Pirate
09-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Well now we know who'll win that match. Card is pretty easy to call. I'm gonna skip actually going to this one.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Just watching the Maru title win and a couple things popped up in my mind:

-At one point Jun used Joe's powerbomb-boston crab spot. I'm no regular puro watcher but does anyone know if he does that regularly? Just having talked about the possibility of the two going at it it stood out a bit to me.

-I'm still not really sold on Maru. Granted I've only seen 3-4 of his matches so I can't really judge, and he looked better in this than the last time I saw him, but I dunno, I can't buy into him as a legit champion. And I'm no MOVESET~ freak but it'd be nice to not see a million superkicks and Shiranui attempts in every match.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2006, 04:58 PM
I haven't seen the Akiyama match yet (might watch it tonight), but Maru has been evolving. He's moving away from the superkick machine he once was.

Fignuts
09-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I read a lot about why he booked it like this. It seems to be part of an elaborate plan to turn face, and go back to the blue. Which would rule, Butafter Rikioh and Taue's poor reigns it would have been a better idea to have a former cahmp like akiyama take the title on a long reign(not kobashi long, mind you) and build its credibility again before entrusting it to marufuji. Also, I think marufuji should have gotten a clean pin on misiwa one on one before winning the title, instead of after, as they seem to be planning for.

Also, this pisses me off, because the focal point of akiyama's reign was going to be the Kobashi/akiyama ghc rematch. Kobashi's tumor may have postponed it but his recovery isn't going to take so long that they couldn't do it.

Finally, despite the poor booking of the GHC title the last couple years, I still don't consider any ROH wrestler, past or present, worthy of it. Even with the poor booking, i still consider it the most credible and prestigious title in the world right now.(although just barely atm). And I like Nigel McGuiness, but no.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-13-2006, 03:54 AM
September 12th: One more match has been added for this Saturday's event in Midtown Manhattan in the Grand Ballroom of the Manhattan Center. It will be a one fall three-way pitting Christopher Daniels vs. Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Jacobs with Lacey. What will happen when Jacobs and Cabana are in the same ring with Lacey at ringside this weekend?

FEAR THE POWER OF LOVE, CABANA

Mr. Monday Morning
09-15-2006, 10:55 AM
It starts tonight.

MaruKENTA vs Briscoes :drool:

Innovator
09-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Roderick vs. Joe :drool:

Mr. Monday Morning
09-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Everything :drool:

Innovator
09-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Honestly, Joe & Homicide vs. Briscoes is gonna tear the house down, I'd give both my nuts and my future first born to see this live.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2006, 11:29 PM
For the record, the Chikara and ROH tag team champions of the world, and THE GREATEST AMERICAN TAG TEAM EVA!!!

MOTHERFUCKING KINGS OF WRESTLING!!!

thecc
09-16-2006, 11:42 PM
For the record, the Chikara and ROH tag team champions of the world, and THE GREATEST AMERICAN TAG TEAM EVA!!!

MOTHERFUCKING KINGS OF WRESTLING!!!Now who the fuck predicted that!!!;)

Kings reign supreme.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Now who the fuck predicted that!!!;)

Kings reign supreme.

Hell's yeah!

What Would Kevin Do?
09-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Quick results, jacked off the roh message board.

Davey Richards over Jack Evans

Morishima and Danielson had a run in and Bruno was involved following the match...

Adam Pearce pinned Delirious after a Piledriver following Hagadorn interference...

Jimmy Jacobs over Colt Cabana & Christopher Daniels when Jacobs pinned Cabana following the Contra Code

Homicide & Samoa Joe over Jay & Mark Briscoe when Homicide pinned Jay following the Cop Killa

The Kings of Wrestling: Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli won the ROH World Tag Team Titles over Austin Aries & Roderick Strong

Naomichi Marufuji over Nigel McGuiness with a top rope Shiranui

Bryan Danielson over KENTA via Cattle Mutilation.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-17-2006, 06:34 AM

MOTHERFUCKING KINGS OF WRESTLING!!!

Think that should be Ameripean, since Claudio's Swiss and all :p

Mr. Monday Morning
09-17-2006, 06:35 AM
Those results left out the fucking Joe vs Morishima pull-apart brawl after Bruno's speech. It's on like Donkey Kong.

blake639raw
09-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I called this too. Now that Dragon retained, I'm guessing Homicide is taking the belt for sure.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-17-2006, 07:44 AM
FB 06, Homicide vs Danielson, Joe vs Morishima, KOW vs MaruKENTA?

Mr. Monday Morning
09-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Nicking this suggestion from another board:

Joe/Danielson/McGuinness vs. Morishima/KENTA/Marufuji

HELL yes

What Would Kevin Do?
09-18-2006, 02:21 AM
I am blatantly stealing this awesome fucking picture.

http://www.rohphotos.com/Kings-TimesSQ-sized.jpg

Mr. Monday Morning
09-18-2006, 11:37 AM
It's not officially confirmed yet, but apparently Nana has given his notice :'(

Innovator
09-18-2006, 11:54 AM
No more Prince Nana = mega huge unhappiness

American Dragon, BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD

McLegend
09-18-2006, 01:54 PM
When will this latest show be availbe on DVD? Think I might actually go out of my way and buy it.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
No more Nana :(:(:(

Shows usually take about 2 months I would say to come out.

McLegend
09-18-2006, 02:44 PM
That's too long

Mr. Monday Morning
09-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah they've just brought out the shows from end of July, so about 6 weeks or so. They only have shows scheduled for 6th/7th and 27th/28th of next month though though so the production might catch up a bit.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Wow Survival of the Fittest is up next. This is quite a stretch of shows they're on from start of August.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I almost decided to goto SOTF..... Still could, but I don't want to spend the money to get tickets and drive 3 hours.

U-Warrior
09-19-2006, 12:01 AM
RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

These lemur-like competitors pale in comparisation to the mightyness of the Warrior. What is a ki-krusher, or a baisakyu knee in comparison to the large monkey press, or the ginormosity splash?

Lo-ki strikes this pale toothed warrior as inexperienced. He should have known that because asians eyes ar sideways, that a flying crossbody would have appeared as a flying splash, and therefore been easier to dodge.

How humorness these amatuers are.

The U-Warrior

ron the dial
09-19-2006, 09:30 PM
I don't care what anyone says. U-Warrior fucking rules.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
First 4 1st round matches for Survival of the Fittest

-Christopher Daniels vs. Austin Aries
-Matt Sydal vs. Davey Richards
-Jimmy Rave vs. Delirious
-Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe

Which leaves Jacobs, Cabana, Strong and Hagadorn. To book Jimmy-Colt is far too obvious, so I'm thinking it'll be Jacobs-Strong and Colt-Hagadorn.

I'd imagine Daniels over Aries purely because at this point Aries is still injured and to ask him to do SOTF would be putting a toll on him. But Daniels isn't really doing anything right now. Maybe this could springboard him into doing something in the company again? (I really, really think he needs a heel turn)

I saw Sydal vs Richards at a show here last month and it was a nice little match, so they should be able to do something good. The last few months says Davey all the way, but I'm going to be contrary and say Sydal, mainly because Davey has basically won every tourny he's been in and Gabe can be quite "I'm gonna do the opposite of what everyone expects" sometimes.

Jimmy vs Delirious...hmm. Well, with Nana leaving it would seem to make sense to either push Jimmy here or just job him out. I'm willing to bet the former. Neither will really be hurt by a loss but at the same time Jimmy needs it more, plus Delirious already has his own little subplot with Cornette going on. Maybe Pearce interferes...?

No real reason for Dragon to progress as he doesn't need it. Neither does Joe, but at this point since Dragon beat KENTA they need to have someone the fans know can definitely put him down, plus he's working injured, so I'll say Joe here.

If it does turn out to be Jacobs - Strong vs Cabana - Hagadorn I'd expect Strong and Colt to go through...I can see the argument for putting Jimmy over due to the current push but I don't think he's hot enough to beat Strong yet.

So that would leave

Daniels
Sydal
Rave
Joe
Strong
Cabana

Which now that I look at it is not the greatest line up to be honest, but they need some new guys to break through. I think they might hedge their bets and go with Sydal, although I'd hate that result.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Detroit just got a lot more awesome.. Here's the main event baby!!!

Main Event
World Title Match
Bryan Danielson Vs Austin Aries

WHOOOOO!!

Fignuts
09-22-2006, 10:22 AM
lol U-Warrior Gold

Blitz
09-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Roderick Strong Vs. Chris Hero also announced for Detroit.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-22-2006, 05:05 PM
That show will rock. You going Blitz?

Blitz
09-22-2006, 05:34 PM
All signs point to yes.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Asking your magic 8 ball eh?

Blitz
09-23-2006, 03:26 AM
Ask again later.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-23-2006, 11:33 AM
The new video wire is up on youtube but not rohvideos.com yet, for some reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_uh-FIK-6M Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs7Iem_5CMA Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHyNkmep0a8 Part 3

Among other things...Cabana and Jacobs now out of SOTF, will team to face KOW for the tag titles. Interesting. It's also about the only undercard storyline going on at the moment, save for Homicide. Gabe really needs to pick things up in that department :$

Innovator
09-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Jimmy needs to snap and go psycho....and start HUSSING again

Mr. Monday Morning
09-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Homicide & Roderick Strong

Final match for SOTF qualifying. Winning team has both members go to the finals. Winner of SOTF receives a World title shot. Which pretty much guarantees Homicide will not win, since he already has one. Can't see the Briscoes going on though.

Innovator
09-26-2006, 09:20 AM
I can see Jay winning, not Mark

Mr. Monday Morning
09-28-2006, 04:02 AM
KENTA & Davey vs Aries & Strong announced :drool: (can't remember if it's the Philly or Boston show)

Also, with Kid Kash being released, is it too much to expect that James Gibson might be back sometime soon?

What Would Kevin Do?
09-28-2006, 04:48 AM
People seem to be a bit letdown by KENTA Vs Sydal though.

I wonder how long they plan on delaying Joe Vs KENTA until...

Mr. Monday Morning
09-28-2006, 05:23 AM
Well it adds to my theory of Sydal winning SOTF at least :shifty:

They're absolutely right to put off Joe-KENTA though, as that is a money match. I can see it happening at the WM shows next year actually. Unfortunately that means no Joe-Morishima for a while, although they have to build Mori up for those who don't know him, so that might not happen until say GBH VI depending on how many dates before then they can get him.

Kinda sucks for Joe a little bit that he basically seems to be dream match fodder at this point, although on the other hand I can't think of anyone outside of one or two people who could hold their own against him in a feud.

-edit- at this point I'd really like to see Joe-Nigel again.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-28-2006, 11:10 AM
I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY dount it will happen, but how awesome would it be if ROH got Angle for WM weekend?

Angle Vs Dragon :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

blake639raw
09-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Really, I don't think it's too far-fetched that Angle would do a show or two for ROH. Angle seems like the type that is driven by competition anyways, not money. I'm sure he would love to work with Dragon. Can you imagine a show headlined by Angle vs. Dragon & Kenta vs. Joe? :drool:

ron the dial
09-28-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure I could watch wrestling after seeing Angle vs. Dragon. It might be that good. And it seems just as likely as anyone else from TNA wrestling in ROH.

I hadn't even thought of this scenario, and I'm marking out right now at the possibilities.

Innovator
09-28-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't think ROH would be willing to fork over the money Angle probably wants....but Dragon vs. Angle makes me giddier than Joe vs. Angle

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 12:42 PM
i would watch if i had access

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 12:43 PM
I got a 100% out of Ultimo Dragon v. Rob van Dam on ERW

What Would Kevin Do?
09-28-2006, 03:12 PM
American Dragon, not Ultimo Dragon ;)

Mr. Monday Morning
09-28-2006, 04:10 PM
A couple years ago (maybe even further) I would've said yes, but Kurt is just too broken down. I'm sure it would proabably be good and all, but I have serious doubts about whether Angle will perform at the levels he himself has set ever again.

Boondock Saint
09-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, but where are you people seeing ROH? Are they on TV or are you just downloading shit? Sounds sick.

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 10:44 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, but where are you people seeing ROH? Are they on TV or are you just downloading shit? Sounds sick.

Fignuts
09-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Live events and DVD.

I'm sure there is a crapload of matches on youtube though.

Blitz
09-28-2006, 10:51 PM
I've got a bunch of stuff downloaded, coupla DVDs, and they run it on The Fight Network over here.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Live shows, downloads, DVDs.... some bootleg stuff if you know where to look.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-29-2006, 02:50 AM
Live events and DVD.

I'm sure there is a crapload of matches on youtube though.

They seem to be ok with the newswires going up but they police pretty thoroughly for matches

loopydate
09-30-2006, 11:11 PM
A couple years ago (maybe even further) I would've said yes, but Kurt is just too broken down. I'm sure it would proabably be good and all, but I have serious doubts about whether Angle will perform at the levels he himself has set ever again.

We all said the same thing about Shawn Michaels. Granted, he took almost five years off to recuperate, but he's a definite example that you can recover from seemingly career-threatening injuries. Angle just needs to take it really slow for the next couple of years. Just work PPVs and an occasional Impact run-in. Let his mic work carry his feuds.

Mr. Monday Morning
10-01-2006, 06:43 AM
We all said the same thing about Shawn Michaels. Granted, he took almost five years off to recuperate, but he's a definite example that you can recover from seemingly career-threatening injuries. Angle just needs to take it really slow for the next couple of years. Just work PPVs and an occasional Impact run-in. Let his mic work carry his feuds.

I agree to a certain extent but Shaun had 1 injury, and it was basically similar to the injuries Benoit, Edge etc have suffered but lower down. It was possible for him to come back and he did. If Kurt had the surgery he needs on his neck he would be done, and he can't seem to go 5 minutes without tearing/breaking/pulling something else. Not to mention the painkillers.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-03-2006, 12:42 AM
WHOOOOO!!!

Tickets for the WM doubleshot go on sale this Saturday at the Detroit show! I am sooooooo fucking buying those tickets.

Fignuts
10-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Have they come back to buffalo at all since Dragon/Corino?

Mr. Monday Morning
10-03-2006, 07:46 AM
WHOOOOO!!!

Tickets for the WM doubleshot go on sale this Saturday at the Detroit show! I am sooooooo fucking buying those tickets.

Really? Damn. Need to pay attention to the site and get some asap.

And Fignuts nah they haven't been back to Buffalo since, I think they've given up on it.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Really? Damn. Need to pay attention to the site and get some asap.

And Fignuts nah they haven't been back to Buffalo since, I think they've given up on it.

I wonder how many TPDUB peeps who will be going to Mania we could get to go to at least one of these shows?

Fignuts
10-03-2006, 09:10 AM
SON OF A BITCH GOD DAMN IT! WHY?

I was there, crowd didn't make new chants every five minutes but they were still electric, and there were a good amount of people there.

Also, it should be said that they held the event well outside the city. If they moved closer to the actual city they could sell more tickets, prolly.

Blitz
10-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I wonder how many TPDUB peeps who will be going to Mania we could get to go to at least one of these shows?
Already ordered my Mania tix. Doubt I'll be able to go to the ROH shows, cuz that is gonna be a hectic fucking weekend.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-03-2006, 10:44 AM
BOOOOO!!!

Blitz, you've let me down :(

What Would Kevin Do?
10-03-2006, 10:44 AM
ROH Doubleshot > Wrestlemania.

Blitz
10-03-2006, 10:47 AM
More than Wrestlemania that weekend (also planning on going to the Hall of Fame Dinner). TNA is more than likely doing 2 shows as well, plus the indy I work for may do one as well.

Believe me, I'd like to go, but I dunno if I'll have time

What Would Kevin Do?
10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
TNA is doing 2 shows as well? Where did you hear that?

Innovator
10-03-2006, 11:38 AM
ROH Doubleshot > Wrestlemania.Is it just a doubleshot or another tripleshot?

What Would Kevin Do?
10-03-2006, 11:43 AM
It'll probably be a tripleshot again. By doubleshot, I was just referring to the two shows in Detroit on Friday and Sat though. They'll probably hit Dayton or Cleveland for Thursday.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-03-2006, 12:03 PM
That's pretty lame.

Mr. Monday Morning
10-03-2006, 03:33 PM
That could be interesting, pretty sure Joe's contract specifically states he does not have to choose TNA over ROH

Doing a road trip next year anyway, gonna plan it around these shows. Hopefully catch CHIKARA too :love:

Mr. Monday Morning
10-06-2006, 03:56 AM
KENTA Prepares For Last ROH Weekend
Thursday, October 05, 2006

NOAH star KENTA made his United States home in Ring Of Honor this year with a memorable series of outstanding matches. You can make a strong case that KENTA is ROH's 2006 MVP. Now KENTA is ready for one final weekend of ROH action as scheduling conflicts will prevent him from returning until deep into 2007.

-----

Booooo :(

What Would Kevin Do?
10-06-2006, 04:00 AM
BOO:(

ron the dial
10-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Too bad about KENTA. I hadn't seen much of his work until I saw him in Chicago, but he blew me away and I want more of him in ROH. There were a lot of people speculating that he would win the title when he faced Danielson, and that bothered me less than I thought it would. I can't wait to see him when he comes back, though.

Mr. Monday Morning
10-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Well, Gabe said on the Observer radio show the other week that he's trying to get the Dragon Gate guys back for "late March" so read into that what you will. And there's always the possibility (although pretty remote at this point I would think) that they could snag Morishima at some point in the first half of next year. Or maybe bring Maru in for another GHC defence? (even less likely) Akiyama?

What Would Kevin Do?
10-07-2006, 12:23 AM
I have faith they'll pull off something great, and I will be there.

Gabe knows what he's doing.

ron the dial
10-07-2006, 01:30 PM
So those tickets go on sale in Detroit, eh? Will they sell out pretty quickly or will there be general admission available until pretty close to the shows? I would really like to make the trip up there to see it, because unfortunately I didn't know much about ROH during last year's WM shows and they were right in Chicago. Right next to me. I was so pissed.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-07-2006, 02:02 PM
You should be able to get them online w/ no problem.

Mr. Monday Morning
10-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Should be GA tickets there on the day too.

Delirious beat Sydal to win SOTF. So close :mad:

The Fugitive
10-08-2006, 04:41 AM
Delirious won! :love:

http://deliriouswrestling.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/delirious66.jpg

I know, I'm just as shocked as you. NEXT STOP, ROH WORLD CHAMPION!

Mr. Monday Morning
10-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Makes the decision to sign Sydal-KENTA even more confusing, tbh

Innovator
10-08-2006, 04:43 PM
BAH BAH BAHBAHBAH

What Would Kevin Do?
10-08-2006, 05:06 PM
BAH BAH BAHBAHBAH

I started that chant in Detroit :)

Also, Delirous put Gowan's cane in is mouth and ran around the ring with it.

thecc
10-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Delirious won! :love:

http://deliriouswrestling.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/delirious66.jpg

I know, I'm just as shocked as you. NEXT STOP, ROH WORLD CHAMPION!HAHA at the kid in the background.

Mr. Monday Morning
10-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Bit quiet with no shows for a while, but the UK shows are now available to buy :love:

What Would Kevin Do?
10-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Slickness.

ron the dial
10-14-2006, 03:46 PM
I can't wait to get the UK shows. They look absolutely amazing.

ron the dial
10-14-2006, 06:00 PM
For the upcoming show in Chicago, is the Danielson/Joe match still for the title? It doesn't say anything about the title on the card. I really wouldn't care since there's no time limit, no dq, and anything goes. That makes up for it.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Non-title.

Danielson said he only has to defend his belt once a month, and he defended it against Aries, so no go for Joe.

McLegend
10-15-2006, 09:05 PM
I just bought Unified off the ROH website.

If it sucks I will kill every ROH fan in the world.

Mr. Monday Morning
10-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Soooooo...I couldn't wait for my order and got a sneak peek :shifty: at the Broxbourne show, since I was there and all. Myself and friends are on the hard camera pretty much the entire way :cool:

Haven't really sat down and watched the whole show but BJ-Go comes across better on tape than I remember, particularly as the ring is smaller than usual and so the handhelds are able to pick up the wrestlers' expressions a lot clearer - something that Go is pretty awesome with.

And yes, the Sydal/Richards vs Briscoes tag is as awesome as I remember it :cool:

Innovator
10-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Nigel vs. Dragon is unbelievable, definitely the turning point in the career of Nigel

McLegend
10-28-2006, 10:54 PM
I just bought Unified off the ROH website.

If it sucks I will kill every ROH fan in the world.
Yeah I enjoyed the show. The tag match between Aries & Strong/Briscoes was fuckin great. I knew Aries & Strong were a good team, but the Briscoes are awsome. I'm def a fan of them now.

The next ROH show I'm gonna get is the Kenta vs Danielson show.

Overall I thought Unified was a very good show.

Nervous Ferret
10-28-2006, 11:08 PM
lol replying to your own comment? F-A-G

McLegend
10-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah would a F-A-G stay home on a Saturday night and watch a wrestling DVD?