PDA

View Full Version : Possible plans for Wrestlemania

KingofOldSchool
12-20-2006, 11:31 AM
the following is an early idea of what the card for WrestleMania 23 on April 1, 2007 will look like next year: John Cena vs. Triple H for the WWE Title, Batista vs. The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title, Bobby Lashley vs. Rob Van Dam or CM Punk for the ECW Title and Hulk Hogan vs. The Big Show. Of course, plans can change at any time, but these are believed to be the early ideas for the top four matches (possibly more down the line) for WrestleMania 23.

John Cena vs. Triple H is said to be a tentative plan at the moment as there is no plan to turn either heel. It is possible that someone like Randy Orton could be put into a mix since the WWE isn't very hot on a babyface vs. babyface main event at WrestleMania. But as of now, there is no plan to have John Cena lose the WWE Title heading into WrestleMania (although that was the same plan last year and that changed quickly when the WWE did a quick feud between Edge and Cena for the title).

As for Batista and The Undertaker, the idea is to have Batista put his title on the line against Undertaker's winning streak at WrestleMania. Another co-main event if everything goes to plan is Hulk Hogan vs. The Big Show. Big Show recently turned down a five-year, seven-figure-per-year deal to stay with WWE, but has stated he is open to returning for one more match.

In regards to the ECW Title match, the original pitch by Paul Heyman was to have a heel Bobby Lashley defend the title against a babyface Rob Van Dam. McMahon wanted the direct opposite to take place as he preferred to have Lashley as the babyface and RVD as the heel, something Heyman was strongly against and one of the main reasons for his departure from the company recently, among other things. Given the ECW roster, it is possible they could throw other names into a big ECW Title match involving CM Punk, Hardcore Holly, Test and others.

Looking at this early lineup, it still leaves off many names from both the Raw and Smackdown sides including Shawn Michaels, Edge, Randy Orton, King Booker, Chris Benoit, Kane, Finlay and many others. Getting Mr. Kennedy into a big WrestleMania program is also a top priority for the company as he looks to be pushed heavily throughout 2007, with one idea being pitched already of having JBL come out of retirement to face him. Either way, we will continue to follow this situation as it develops.

Steve Austin will also have a major role in WrestleMania 23 although WWE has given up on trying to get him to wrestle another match. credit: PWTorch

Xero
12-20-2006, 11:36 AM
The Taker/Batista match is a double-edged sword. I don't want Taker's streak to end (ESPECIALLY to Batista), but I really don't want the title on him either. I've heard that the plan is for Batista to go over, and Batista is in no way worthy of ending Taker's streak.

Londoner
12-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Lashley face and RVD heel? Vince really has lost it...

Caged Heat18
12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
That lineup does not exactly excite me. Hogan/Big Show will be a train wreck, and we just saw Cena/HHH last year.

Xero
12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Lashley face and RVD heel? Vince really has lost it...
It doesn't make sense in the short run, but considering that it seems that Vince is high on Lashley and wants him to be the next big face I understand WHY he's doing it.

Londoner
12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
It doesn't make sense in the short run, but considering that it seems that Vince is high on Lashley and wants him to be the next big face I understand WHY he's doing it.

Vince may be big on Lashley, but the fans aren't, and that's what Vince doesn't get these days. It's all about what HE wants, not the fans. And he wonders why ratings are so low? Hmmm...

Jordan
12-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Im all for Taker/Batista as long as Taker wins. HHH/Cena isn't a great idea.

Londoner
12-20-2006, 12:47 PM
HHH/Cena/Orton would make more sense. Put Edge in the money in the bank match.

D Mac
12-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Heel Cena vs babyface HHH. CMON

D Mac
12-20-2006, 12:54 PM
So HHH or Taker will win the Rumble then?

ron the dial
12-20-2006, 12:54 PM
No HHH/Cena at Wrestlemania again. At least throw Orton into the mix. And maybe have Cena lose the fucking title.

I really dislike the Taker/Batista match. I definitely don't want to see the title on Undertaker, but his streak is something that I don't feel should be ended.

I hope that they keep it Lashley/RVD, no matter who is the heel/face. Stick Punk into the MITB.

Jeritron
12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
No don't put Edge in the money in bank. Been there, won that...2 years ago. He needs to be in something high profile.

Triple H vs Cena vs Orton vs Edge

Shawn Michaels vs Ken Kennedy

ron the dial
12-20-2006, 01:00 PM
It'd be nice if they could keep Rated RKO together longer than six months, though. So why have Edge and Orton facing each other? Just put Edge and Shawn Michaels in a match against each other. I bet that they could put on a damn good show.

Jeritron
12-20-2006, 01:00 PM
RVD vs Lashley (heel) is the best idea for ECW.

Punk should either be in the MITB match, or wrestle someone more established than him.
Wouldnt be bad if ECW started a tournament for the TV title sometime in early 07 and had Punk go to the finals against someone else at mania. (I know I've been pushing the TV title on these boards a lot)

The One
12-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Vince might be making a challenge to himself to topple Mania IX as worst ever.

Jeritron
12-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Rated RKO is just the two top heels paired together for the purposes of one fued with DX, to help put them over further.

They won't stay together much longer, and they shouldn't because its the company's top two heels.

ron the dial
12-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Fuck that. Stick Dykstra with them, and start a stable. We could use a solid stable these days. So what if they're the top two heels? That's all the more reason to stick them together. They can stir up shit as a unit. Sure, there would eventually be a conflict over the WWE Title, but that doesn't have to be for a while.

Jeritron
12-20-2006, 01:06 PM

I've been worrying for a while now that this wrestlemania is doomed.
There's no logical matchups for the main event really. Someone is inevitably left out, something is rehashed, or its just flat out boring in all possible scenarios.

I think they messed up by booking the Cena/Edge title fued in the summer instead of letting Edge run with the belt for a while. That way they could have saved that rivalry for a Wrestlemania program.
Not that I think its the best match but its their top two young stars who have great chemistry and it would have been something fresh.

Londoner
12-20-2006, 01:11 PM
The only way to save this years WM is to end the roster split. Seriously.

D Mac
12-20-2006, 01:13 PM
So HHH or Taker will win the Rumble then?

Xero
12-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Balboa/Hogan would do it.

Splaya
12-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Heel Cena vs babyface HHH. CMON

I just don't understand why they just don't turn him heel. Are they afraid that if they turn him, he will be cheered?

Loose Cannon
12-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Cena should be the guy ending Taker's streak as a heel. I think it could be an awesome program if done right.

Jeritron
12-20-2006, 01:29 PM
The only way to save this years WM is to end the roster split. Seriously.

I agree. I actually got kind of a sense of this happening a few weeks ago but it didn't pan out. I saw the Batista Cena pairing as a way to turn Bats heel and fued with Cena in a title for title program leading up to mania.

If you ended the brand spllit you could really do a lot with interpromotion. Granted you dont want to overdo the crossfueds and ditch existing or foreshadowed ones. But there's a lot of possibilites to choose from:

DX vs Brothers of Destruction

Cena vs Batista

Batista vs Edge

Batista vs Orton

Edge vs Benoit

Hardys vs London and Kendrick

Kennedy vs Michaels (other top Raw names)

Rey Mysterio vs Jeff Hardy

Splaya
12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Diesel, I would assume that Taker will win it.

I would also assume that HHH gets in after winning a fatal four way between himself, HBK and Rated RKO.

This is how I would setup Wrestlemania.

A HEEL CENA VS A FACE HHH

SHAWN MICHAELS VS EDGE

ORTON VS KEN KENNEDY VS NITRO VS FINLAY VS KANE VS KENNY- MITB MATCH

CARLITO VS CHRIS MASTERS FOR THE IC TITLE

THE HARDYS VS MNM VS WGTT VS KENDRICK AND LONDON...FATAL FOUR WAY LADDER MATCH TO UNIFY THE WWE TAG TITLES. WINNING BRAND KEEPS THE BELTS.

TAKER VS BATISTA

LASHLEY VS CM PUNK

BIG SHOW VS HOGAN

UMAGA HAS AN OPEN CHALLENGE WHICH IS ACCEPTED BY THE GREAT KHALI.

SABU VS TEST VS TOMMY DREAMER VS KEVIN THORN VS BALLS MAHONEY VS RVD...6 MAN CHALLENGE FOR THE ECW TV TITLE WITH HARDCORE RULES...

RIC FLAIR VS AN UP AND COMER

Jeritron
12-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Keep in mind Foley is planned to be on the card, against Vince or Nitro. Preferrably Nitro.

Londoner
12-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Diesel, I would assume that Taker will win it.

I would also assume that HHH gets in after winning a fatal four way between himself, HBK and Rated RKO.

This is how I would setup Wrestlemania.

A HEEL CENA VS A FACE HHH

SHAWN MICHAELS VS EDGE

ORTON VS KEN KENNEDY VS NITRO VS FINLAY VS KANE VS KENNY- MITB MATCH

CARLITO VS CHRIS MASTERS FOR THE IC TITLE

THE HARDYS VS MNM VS WGTT VS KENDRICK AND LONDON...FATAL FOUR WAY LADDER MATCH TO UNIFY THE WWE TAG TITLES. WINNING BRAND KEEPS THE BELTS.

TAKER VS BATISTA

LASHLEY VS CM PUNK

BIG SHOW VS HOGAN

UMAGA HAS AN OPEN CHALLENGE WHICH IS ACCEPTED BY THE GREAT KHALI.

SABU VS TEST VS TOMMY DREAMER VS KEVIN THORN VS BALLS MAHONEY VS RVD...6 MAN CHALLENGE FOR THE ECW TV TITLE WITH HARDCORE RULES...

RIC FLAIR VS AN UP AND COMER

No offence but I wouln't buy that.

D Mac
12-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Yeah if Orton does'nt win the Rumble, have him win MITB.

Splaya
12-20-2006, 01:49 PM
No offence but I wouln't buy that.

I'm going by storylines right now, not how I would want it in my mind

Jeritron
12-20-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm predicting Rey Mysterio will be a suprise entrant in the MITB, and win.
Unless of course he returns soon enough before to do a program, or waits until the weeks after.

Evolution
12-20-2006, 03:08 PM
By the looks of it, it seems that this year's WrestleMania is MAKE IT OR BREAK IT!!!

addy2hotty
12-20-2006, 03:14 PM
What a terrible terrible main event line-up that would be. Batista's 2nd successive main event, Cena's 3rd, and Bobby Lashley? Not one of them deserve to be there.

I thought RVD was leaving soon, or does his contract run out after Mania? If it does, seeing Little Voice crush him won't make me buy it. Cena/Haitch won't make me buy it either.

I guess we'll see Edge vs Orton at Mania then, perhaps in a double heel match like Benoit/Angle was.

God, I can't even be bothered to write about it, it's boring me already.

Jeritron
12-20-2006, 03:45 PM
not to mention Triple H's 6th main event in a row

Arnold HamNegger
12-20-2006, 04:06 PM
And just how in the hell is Vince planning on turning RVD heel? Have him turn on the fans? HOW? Heel behavior is not enough to turn RVD heel, because the fans cheer him no matter what...especially if he turns on Lashley because noone gives two fucks about him. The only way I see is for him to turn on the fans, but that would just make him look like a total retard given the common knowledge of his drug bust.

Unless.......during a Lashley/CM Punk match, RVD jumps both of them and bloodies them to a pulp with a chair...mostly Punk. Then let him cut a similar promo to his ECW days.

"Rob Van Dam is now worth MORE MONEY HERE and Rob Van Dam is now worth MORE MONEY ELSEWHERE.....because I'm DYING to work Thursday's again!"

THEN BRING BACK FONZIE! :love:

Jeritron
12-20-2006, 04:12 PM
RVD couldn't be a heel now unless he had Heyman with him as a manager. He even kind of did in the summer and it didnt stop him from still getting face heat.
Lashley however could easily be a heel. VInce wants Lashley to be face because he wants Lashley to go over and bury RVD.
Is it possible that Lashley RVD will be RVDs last match in WWE? Damn I wish it would be punk.

Xero
12-20-2006, 04:15 PM
By the looks of it, it seems that this year's WrestleMania is MAKE IT OR BREAK IT!!!
If Cena isn't in the final main event it will be UNACCEPTABLE!

The Naitch
12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
WWE Championship
John Cena w/ K-fed in his corner vs. Triple H (Shawn Michaels as Special Guest Referee)

Hulk Hogan vs. The Big Show

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista vs. The Undertaker

the rest is not important

Also what is the status on Rey Mysterio? If he can make it back in time, he could face a heel CM Punk

Arnold HamNegger
12-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Is it possible that Lashley RVD will be RVDs last match in WWE?

Well, RVD jumping ship to TNA after getting burried by Lashley on WWE's biggest stage would make no sense for him in a business sense. Not exactly coming to TNA with any momentum, know what I mean. Seeing as how his contract is up early next year, I would be willing to bet that if he does go to TNA it will be before Mania. (But I don't have a crystal ball, so who knows.)

Man, WWE is missing the boat SO BAD by not running an RVD/Punk program. Fucking idiots. The story line practically wrote it's self and they STILL didn't do it. Noone really is watching ECW now, so why not have RVD win the belt from Big Show instead of Lashley? Yeah, he's in the doghouse, but I bet RVD with the ECW title draws higher ratings than Lashley. Vince's stubbornness is hurting his business. Even if WWE/Vince didn't want RVD to have the title long term, it would have put Punk over way more as a face to do an extended program with RVD to win the belt instead of Lashley IMO. There's nothing going on in ECW now anyway, so they could have slowly built the RVD/Punk feud for months leading up to Mania and given fans a reason to tune into the show on Tuesday's. Draw them into a decent storyline instead of throwing random shit every week at a "Monster" ECW champ that noone cares about and hope it sticks. IT'S NOT STICKING IDIOTS, CHECK THE RATINGS!

RVD vs. Punk at Mania in a Ladder Match for the ECW Title = :drool:

Lashley vs. anyone = me not giving a flying rats ass.

If you look at all three Brands right now, there's basically the same type of champion. Big muscle guys with limited in ring ability, thus putting on boring ass matches 9/10 times unless the heel is credible enough to make it a match the fans actually care about. Plus, all 3 champs are being rammed down peoples throats and aren't even 100% over as faces. People boo Cena, the crowd seems to have significantly lost support for Batista and Lashley in ECW speaks for itself.

addy2hotty
12-20-2006, 06:51 PM
If RVD doesn't re-sign, then I have more chance of being in the ECW 'main event' then he does.

Taker/Dancing Dave will just be awful. Simply awful. I've still not seen any evidence that Batista is a good enough worker, and although Taker is, the chances are that he'll hardly wrestle in the build up to it.

Cena/HHH, what spin (see what I did there?) could they put on it this time. Do they honestly, really truely believe that fans will view this match as face vs face. Cena against a 'DX' Trips wuld be booed out of the damn building. It's as simple as that. The one single saving grace is that it saves us from Orton/Cena.

What else is there? Edge/Michaels - done it. Michaels/Orton? Might be interesting.

And Kennedy vs the unretiring JBL? He's hardly the 'legend' required to put over Kennedy. Kennedy/Flair could be good.

All in all, I don't honestly think Vince knows what the fuck to do.

Skippord
12-20-2006, 07:24 PM
I'd kinda rather get shot in the nads with a pellet gun than watch that

Mr. Nerfect
12-20-2006, 10:30 PM
I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on things for the sake of shitting on things, but the WWE could throw Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick vs. Doug Basham vs. Val Venis in a "Winner Becomes God" Ladder Match, and I still wouldn't order.

I hate to say it, but marks will probably eat it up, though. The rematch from last year, this time with Triple H in DX colours? I can see marks shitting themselves over it. The same goes for The Undertaker. How that guy gets no heat, unless he is in Toronto, is beyond me. I mean, the guy wears a fucking leotard and has the corniest shit surrounding him.

The Undertaker will probably win the Rumble, as he hasn't done that yet, but from a storyline perspective, I think Triple H winning makes more sense. I mean, you need to set up Cena vs. Triple H, and the Rumble is the easiest way to do it. Plus, the reason for the 'Tista vs. 'Taker match is the whole Title vs. Streak thing. Do you need to throw the Rumble story in there?

Retards and idiots will eat up WrestleMania 23. Some smarks will even probably buy into it because of Money in the Bank and because it's WrestleMania. This might be the final straw in the hat, though. I can't watch that shit.

Mr. Nerfect
12-20-2006, 10:34 PM
I'd expect a low buyrate for a WrestleMania, though. Thus far, they're not exactly encouraging the smarks, and marks are dropping off.

WrestleMania usually gets the pop because the WWE regains focus, and puts together a Supershow, and stops with the shit that makes us want to turn off our TVs. It seems they're going full-throttle with the shit that makes us want to turn off our TVs, though. Bad mistake.

The WWE should just unify their Championships, and end the brand split at WrestleMania. It might make me watch.

Xero
12-20-2006, 10:37 PM
I'd expect a low buyrate for a WrestleMania, though. Thus far, they're not exactly encouraging the smarks, and marks are dropping off.

WrestleMania usually gets the pop because the WWE regains focus, and puts together a Supershow, and stops with the shit that makes us want to turn off our TVs. It seems they're going full-throttle with the shit that makes us want to turn off our TVs, though. Bad mistake.

The WWE should just unify their Championships, and end the brand split at WrestleMania. It might make me watch.
There is no way to end the split without releasing at least half the roster. Combined, you'd have shows full of nothing but main eventers and one lower card match. They can't even book everyone on the shows WITH the split.

Destor
Man would a heel RVD be awesome.

Londoner
I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on things for the sake of shitting on things, but the WWE could throw Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick vs. Doug Basham vs. Val Venis in a "Winner Becomes God" Ladder Match, and I still wouldn't order.

That's a lie and you know it...

Destor
12-20-2006, 10:38 PM
There is no way to end the split without releasing at least half the roster. Combined, you'd have shows full of nothing but main eventers and one lower card match. They can't even book everyone on the shows WITH the split.No shit. A lot of families would go hungry.

Londoner
12-20-2006, 10:38 PM
There is no way to end the split without releasing at least half the roster. Combined, you'd have shows full of nothing but main eventers and one lower card match. They can't even book everyone on the shows WITH the split.

But losing half the current roster wouldn't be much of a loss now would it?

Xero
12-20-2006, 10:42 PM
But losing half the current roster wouldn't be much of a loss now would it?
If they started to book well, and that's not impossible, then yes, a lot of good guys would be gone and it would be a loss.

Londoner
12-20-2006, 10:55 PM
If they started to book well, and that's not impossible, then yes, a lot of good guys would be gone and it would be a loss.

But that's the problem, it is impossible for the current creative team to book well.

Destor
12-20-2006, 10:57 PM
But that's the problem, it is impossible for the current creative team to book well.:roll:

Xero
12-20-2006, 11:07 PM
But that's the problem, it is impossible for the current creative team to book well.
Okay, now you're just being a stubborn mark.

Yes, the writing's bad. Yes, they aren't booking as they should. Yes, I'll go as far as to say that a lot of it's shit, but you're going to tell me that there is ZERO impossibility that it turns around? Come the fuck on and get the fuck off your high horse.

Is it possible that the WWE is on an incline that ends in disaster? Absolutely, but there is an equal chance that this is a transitional period and they're trying to find their groove in the modern day mainstream. Yes, the WWE can be considered mainstream (fringe at worst) and when you're mainstream you have to conform to the casual viewer, and if that means isolating your core audience for a while (in example, see Nintendo's Wii) to find a new set of fans then so be it.

And even if this did end in disaster, it would take WWE at least 10 years from now to being close to selling off everything and shutting down. Fuck, they could close the WWE today and still be a multi-million dollar company by just selling the shit they have in the library on DVD and other media types.

The One
12-20-2006, 11:07 PM
No shit. A lot of families would go hungry.

WWE's talent pool is stretched too thin. And while I'm not going to dance around for the fact that a lot of guys are out of work, it's not WWE's responsibility to make sure as many wrestlers as possible are on the payroll. Personally, I would end the roster split. But I've been saying that since the day it happened.

Londoner
12-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Listen, i've sat and watched through so much shit that its lead me to think this way, unless they hire writers who know how to book a wrestling show, then i wont change my opinion.

Xero
12-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Listen, i've sat and watched throuh so much shit that its lead me to think this way, unless they hire writers who know how to book a wrestling show, then i wont change my opinion.
I've come to the realization a while ago that they're NOT booking a "wrestling" show and never will again. In fact, there IS no "wrestling" show shown nationally, TNA's the same shit. Only thing that would come close is ROH.

"Wrestling" will never be mainstream, "Sports Entertainment" will.

Londoner
12-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Well if they're not booking a "wrestling" show then that backs up my point further. Things will not change aslong as they continue in this direction.

Jeritron
12-21-2006, 05:10 AM
Ending the brand split will result in a lot of lost jobs, but its gotta be done sooner or later.
And with the state things are in, it should be sooner than later.

Perhaps end the brand split of Raw and Smackdown, and leave ECW. The roster of a twice a week show could be a little bigger than each is now. You'd still have production and everything on smackdown. The tag team and world titles would be unified and the cruiserweight and womens divisions would remain.

If ECW is extended an hour a lot of talent can be sent there, and with Raw and Smackdown united ala 2000, you'd have things be stronger..and I don't think that many jobs would be lost.

Londoner
12-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Depends on what people think is more important i guess, loss of jobs or loss of ratings? Consider the fact that WWE wrestlers get payed a lot anyway, and could easily find work somewhere else(tna for example), its not impossible to make a living in wrestling outside of WWE. And since when has WWE ever cared about wrestlers losing jobs anyway? It's a weak argument tbh.

Jeritron
12-21-2006, 09:28 AM
TL, you bring up an interesting point..."..and could easily find work somewhere else(tna for example).."

Perhaps WWE is avoiding ending the brand split to avoid mass migration of unemployed talent to TNA?

Londoner
12-21-2006, 09:50 AM
If that was the case they wouldn't have let Angle go would they?

Pepsi Man
12-21-2006, 09:59 AM
If that was the case they wouldn't have let Angle go would they?
Doesn't quite work, as Angle =/= mass migration. As great as he is, he's still one man.

Londoner
12-21-2006, 10:07 AM
But he's still one of the best wrestlers around today, if not the best.

Pepsi Man
12-21-2006, 10:23 AM
But he's still one of the best wrestlers around today, if not the best.
...which would make your point a great one, IF jeritron had said, "Perhaps WWE is avoiding ending the brand split to avoid ANY migration of unemployed talent to TNA?"

Jeritron
12-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Plus they didnt think he was gonna go to TNA. Its not like they fired him or didnt resign him and he was out of a job. He asked to be released and they granted it, under the impression that he was just going to be taking indefinite time away from the ring.

Jeritron
12-21-2006, 10:57 AM
yea pepsiman is right. I just meant, maybe they would want to avoid releasing large amounts of perfectly healthy, work-seeking wrestlers who they initially saw talent in and now can no longer employ. established/not established/old and young alike.

I dont mean singular examples either but mass amounts. You know, like when WCW or ECW folded. Maybe not that big but still, you get what I'm saying.

KingofOldSchool
12-21-2006, 10:59 AM
I'll order it if CM Punk is on the show.

Give me Hogan/Show, give me Boogeyman/Mark Henry in a 30 minute iron man match, I don't care. If CM Punk is just shown taking a crap on the toilet, I'm ordering it.

Jeritron
12-21-2006, 11:03 AM
haha, well you'll most likely be ordering it because I highly doubt he'll be left off the card.

I'd really like to see him get a midcard singles match against someone who can help put him over. Maybe Benoit or Hardy for the IC or US strap (if they sent him to a brand) or else do something good for ECW, whatever that could be.
I also wouldn't mind seeing him in the Money in the Bank match. CM Punk is the type who could probably bring the house down in a ladder match.

KingofOldSchool
12-21-2006, 11:05 AM
CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Johnny Nitro - MITB

GODLY

KingofOldSchool
12-21-2006, 11:07 AM
But we'll probably see WGTT vs. The Hardys vs. MNM or something which would be good as well.

Jeritron
12-21-2006, 11:19 AM
well if they did MITB and sent 2 from each brand I'd def like to see them send CM Punk and Sabu from ECW
Jeff Hardy and Shelton from Raw
Mysterio and someone else from SD!

But yea you're right. We'll probably see Hardys vs. WGTT for the tag belts.

And Nitro will probably get a match with Foley. I think everyones overlooking the fact that this match is almost certain.

addy2hotty
12-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Ok, I'll think like Vince and do the card that way instead of doing a dream card.

John Cena vs Triple H (WWE Title)

Batista vs Undertaker (WHC)

Edge vs Randy Orton (Mick Foley Special Ref)

Playboy Bunny Girls vs The Divas (Pillow Fight Battle Royal)

Chris Benoit vs Ken Kennedy (US Title)

CM Punk vs Johnny Nitro vs Kenny Dykstra vs Matt Hardy vs Booker T vs Jeff Hardy(MITB Ladder Match)

Bobby Lashley vs Test (ECW Title)

Rock/Metal band perform the first of Wrestlemania's 53 theme songs

The Big Show vs Hulk Hogan

Mickie James vs Melina (Womens Title)

Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman (WWE Tag Team Titles)

That keeps the majority of the ECW mob off the PPV without insulting the brand too much. Carlito and Masters would have no place on the show, and they never have an IC title match at Mania anymore.

KingofOldSchool
12-21-2006, 12:13 PM
It's been rumored for a while to be Foley/McMahon.

Pepsi Man
12-21-2006, 12:14 PM
It's been rumored for a while to be Foley/McMahon.
Yeah, pretty much since Foley was "fired".

Jeritron
12-21-2006, 12:35 PM
They should have an IC title match for a change. It's one thing that really irks me about recent wrestlemanias.

19 it wasnt in contention (which was a disgrace in its own) so that doesn't count.
20 Orton was holding it, and he was in a higher profile match. fair enough.
21 Shelton was in the money in the bank and same for 22.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for having been leaving it off the card, but its time for it to be back on it.

ron the dial
12-21-2006, 02:19 PM
I'll order it if CM Punk is on the show.
Same here. It's sad that one man is the deciding factor in whether I order Wrestlemania or not. We might be a couple of months out right now, but I don't see things coming together to the point that I care about ordering PPVs.

The Naitch
12-21-2006, 07:25 PM
one draw for people to order this will be seeing this thing take place in the huge venue it's taking place in

James Steele
12-22-2006, 08:31 AM
I made a card awhile back, but that was my idea for a reasonable card. This is my "somewhat realistic" card for...

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6686/wrestlemanialogoqt8.jpg

MAIN EVENT
WWE Heavyweight Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Triple H

(I'd have Randy win the title here. I am the #1 Orton-hater here, but enough is enough of Cena. The match will be a horrible "wrestling match" but the build up could be interesting if Randy grows personality and John Cena learns how not to overact every single thing he does. Triple H has good history and chemistry with both Randy and Cena, plus Triple H will carry this fued into something more than the inevitable match up everything thinks they want to see. I have a feeling RKO will win the Rumble and this will lead to the whole "who will lead the WWE into the future" thing as Triple H finds a way into the match.)

"PICK THIS GUY OVER YOUR HEAD, JACKASS!" HISTORICAL REENACTMENT MATCH
Hulk Hogan vs. Big Show
(ZZZ...Big Show goes over and Hogan dies...yeah right.)

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (c) vs. The Undertaker
(Undertaker wins in a similar match to the HHH/Taker match @ X-Seven. Blood, Violence, and Brawling everywhere.)

MONEY IN THE BANK III
[SD!] Chris Benoit vs. Ken Kennedy vs. [RAW] Chris Masters vs. Jeff Hardy vs. [ECW] CM Punk vs. Rob Van Dam
(Ken Kennedy or CM Punk gets the win here and goes on to win their World Title at a brand-exclusive PPV that would have no reasonable main event except for him cashing in the MITB.)

EXTREME RULES MATCH
ECW Championship
Test (c) vs. Bobby Lashley
(Lashley wins the title on the biggest stage of them all. Let's hope Bobby doesn't wanna play football.)

EXTREME ORIGINALS vs. EXTREME NOOBS
EXTREME RULES
Sabu/Sandman/Tommy Dreamer vs. Matt Stiker/Mike Knox/Kevin Thorn
(The Originals get the win here before being released within 72 hours.)

Intercontinental Championship
Shelton Benjamin vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Carlito
(Carlito wins! somebody with personality winning a midcard title?...That's cool.)

United States Championship
Finlay vs. William Regal vs. King Booker
(King Booker continues the great tradition of former SmackDown! Champions like Chris Benoit, JBL, and Eddie Guerrero...WRESTLEMANIA MIDCARD! Finlay gets the win here because he loves to fight...and Little Bastard bites a black man on the ass.)

HOSS-A-MANIA MATCH
Umaga vs. Kane vs. The Great Khali
(Kane finally wins a WrestleMania match!)

Shawn Michaels vs Edge
(Edge gets the win here in a possible show-stealer.)

Street Fight
Mick Foley vs. Vince McMahon
(Similar to WrestleMania 22's HBK/McMahon match...only less tanning oil and more socks wrapped in barbwire and covered in 1000s and 1000s of thumbtacks!!!!)

WWE Women's Championship
Mickie James vs. Melina
(Blah. Melina wins which leads to the whole jealousy angle with Johnny Nitro and they eventually break up leading to the end of me muting my TV when they are on my screen.)

SMACKDOWN! SPECIAL TAG TEAM DARK MATCH SPECTACULAR
WWE Tag Team Championship
Paul London/Brian Kendrick vs. Idol Stevens/KC James
(Umm...I dunno. A tag team will win?)

RAW TAG TEAM DARK MATCH SPECTACULAR
World Tag Team Championship
Cryme Tyme vs. Highlanders
(Cryme Tyme gets the big win on the big stage (when the lights are off.)

ECW EXTREME DARK MATCH SPECTACULAR
Balls Mahoney vs. Hardcore Holly
(Double DQ as a result of them breathing too EXTREME)

Volare
12-22-2006, 09:04 AM
HOSS-A-MANIA MATCH
Umaga vs. Kane vs. The Great Khali
(Kane finally wins a WrestleMania match!)

Ummm....Kane won at WM 17 in a triple threat match for the Hardcore Title against Big Show and Raven :p

James Steele
12-22-2006, 09:08 AM
1 out of 9! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Volare
12-22-2006, 09:12 AM
No Shit :lol:

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2006, 03:01 AM
The roster split won't cause too many guys to lose jobs. Maybe Shannon Moore and Snitsky would be let go, and old guys like Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Jerry Lawler wouldn't need to wrestle all the time. It would allow for a strong as fuck Tag Team Division, and the mid-card could actually get past having two guys in it.

The green guys can work down in OVW/DSW, and perfect their skills, while the guys that have been hogging the spotlight can be phased out more effectively. Ending the brand split is the best thing for the WWE at the present, in my opinion.

KingofOldSchool
12-23-2006, 05:47 AM
The green guys can work down in ECW, and perfect their skills, while the guys that have been hogging the spotlight can be phased out more effectively. Ending the brand split is the best thing for the WWE at the present, in my opinion.

Fixed.