PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2007 Offseason Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

SammyG
07-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Pretty crazy to see how fast this guy has fallen off the radar, huh?

KingofOldSchool
07-20-2007, 09:44 AM
From Stevie Franchise to Stevie Sixthman

BCWWF
07-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I could see him starting there. Who else do they have at point guard, Mike James, Bob Sura?

SammyG
07-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Mike James is awesome.

Jura
07-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Mike James. Who? Mike James. Who?

SammyG
07-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Swishahouse!

SammyG
07-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Holy Shit!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7042010

BCWWF
07-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Jeez, if I read it right on ESPN, Seattle got Kurt Thomas and two first round picks for a second round pick.

Hanso Amore
07-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Wait..................I just dont get the fucking suns. They sell all their first round picks and now trade them and a player for a CONDITIONAL 2nd?!???!??!?!?! They are so shitty....nash cant play forever

mrslackalack
07-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Supposely New GM Steve Kerr wants to trade away high draft picks and trade some guys in order to clear up salary cap room.

mrslackalack
07-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Pretty crazy to see how fast this guy has fallen off the radar, huh?

Penny Hardaway would be proud.

BCWWF
07-21-2007, 01:41 AM
I don't know if mrslackalack misused the word "high" in his post, but it seems like the Suns basically packaged a bad player/contract with what will likely be LOW draft picks just to get rid of him.

In that sense, I don't think it was that bad of a move. I would rather have Marion than Kurt Thomas and a 28th overall draft pick. Every year when the Suns pick I always think, "Wow, that must be hard because they really don't need anybody." It's always just a backup PG or something.

Hanso Amore
07-21-2007, 09:20 AM
I don't know if mrslackalack misused the word "high" in his post, but it seems like the Suns basically packaged a bad player/contract with what will likely be LOW draft picks just to get rid of him.

In that sense, I don't think it was that bad of a move. I would rather have Marion than Kurt Thomas and a 28th overall draft pick. Every year when the Suns pick I always think, "Wow, that must be hard because they really don't need anybody." It's always just a backup PG or something.

Yeah, but eventually those picks will become someone. They could also draft rights to euro players that they wont have to pay now, but in a few years can bring in to play.

Insted, they hand away the picks to drop an EXPIRING CONTRACT that could have been used to trade for a solid player. Nash an marion only have so many years of high level play left, so maybe they shouldnt be giving away the future.

Jura
07-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Penny Hardaway lol.

McLegend
07-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Holy Shit!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7042010
Yep this guy went to my high school.

Well like way before I got there though.

mrslackalack
07-21-2007, 09:50 PM
My ex went to high school with Zach Randolph and said he was a cocky prick, which is no suprise to me at all from what I have seen and heard from media reports.

mrslackalack
07-21-2007, 09:52 PM
With that trade the Suns can trade for a high salary guy and do not have to pay out the rest of that contract and sign them to whatever they want.

Hanso Amore
07-22-2007, 07:04 AM
With that trade the Suns can trade for a high salary guy and do not have to pay out the rest of that contract and sign them to whatever they want.

No they cannot. They still need to A) Put together a deal worth taking and B) Match that High Salary (because they are not far enough under the cap to just take on a huge salary)

Unless they are moving Marion they really cannot match a high salary, Thomas was the Expiring expensive contract needed to make trades like that. If anything, this hooks up the Sonics to send Thomas out in a trade for a player (maybe Ridnour/Thomas as a deal for players and picks)

McLegend
07-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Man that inter-squad scrimmage between Team USA was fuckin awsome. One of the best basketball games of the year. Durant played really well espeically in the 2nd half.

Now I know have talked shit on Kobe and I do hate him, but he is the best basketball player in the world. He is also that old school mentally like Jordan, Bird, and Magic had that he will stop at nothing to prove he is the best in the world. I love that, and it's something that most NBA players let alone modern athletes don't have anymore.

The Miz
07-22-2007, 09:55 PM
So a ref who worked in the Suns/Spurs series was fixing it for the mob? OMG NO WAY

KingofOldSchool
07-22-2007, 10:10 PM
My ex went to high school with Zach Randolph and said he was a cocky prick, which is no suprise to me at all from what I have seen and heard from media reports.

Your ex is from Marion? :lol:

Splaya
07-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Pistons extended Mcdyess for 2 more years after his contract runs up next year

mrslackalack
07-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Whoa Casey Jacobsen is still in the NBA? I seen he got a 1 yr deal with the Griz

SammyG
07-25-2007, 04:17 AM
Haha, wow. What team was he with before the Grizzlies?

RP
07-25-2007, 01:38 PM
If you've ever hit a 3 pointer in your life, you'll probably get a 1 year deal with an NBA team.

RP
07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
The day Jason Kapono got paid more then 1 million a year was the same day i went and bought a basketball, head sweat band and some goggles. My shot is coming next year. I know it.

mrslackalack
07-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Last time I remember seeing Jacobsen in the NBA was the Suns a couple years ago I believe.

SammyG
07-26-2007, 05:46 AM
I'm actually really stoked Fisher is back in L.A. Dunno, I kinda have a good feeling.

RP
07-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Yah even tho he pulled the " My daughter has cancer and i want to be somewhere with good healthcare " excuse.

mrslackalack
07-26-2007, 09:48 PM
If Lance Briggs can return to the Bears then I think Kobe can return as a Laker.

SammyG
07-27-2007, 04:31 AM
That makes no sense at all. Completely different situations.

VonErichLives
07-30-2007, 08:19 AM
ESPN is reporting the Garnett talks are back on.

Garnett to Boston for Jefferson, Ratcliff, Green & Telfair plus picks and I assume something might come back from Minnesota to make the cap work, not sure.

Garnett, Pierce and Allen...

If Clevland can win the East with James and co., the Celts should easily contend for the east title.

SammyG
07-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Wow, looks like the Celts really are gonna get him. I wouldn't say East title yet though. Let's wait and see. I say they make the playoffs, like with the 5th-6th seed.

RP
07-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Well if they play the Pacers 82 games this season then there a lock for about 79 wins.

RP
07-30-2007, 09:48 AM
God help my Pacers...lol

You know its really bad when we're in intense negotiations with Keith McCleoud.

VonErichLives
07-30-2007, 10:25 AM
yeah, FoxSports is saying it's a done deal, they're just working on the extention with Garnett...

I'll still believe it when I see it...

but, I might just jump the shark and order season tickets today...

RP
07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
I would...wait...

Is Doc Rivers still the coach? Nevermind.

VonErichLives
07-30-2007, 12:22 PM
I would...wait...

Is Doc Rivers still the coach? Nevermind.

yeah, my hope is Doc is somehow part of the deal.

VonErichLives
07-30-2007, 02:18 PM
The latest rumor...

As the trade currently stands, the Celtics would send Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Garnett.

ok, this is from the Boston Globe... now, if Kevin McHale makes this deal, and Al Jefferson is not part of this deal, I would assume the Sota fans will burn down his house.

On the otherhand, I'll be buying season tickets the second that deal goes through...

Garnett, Jefferson, Pierce and Allan... will make me interested in the NBA again!

VonErichLives
07-30-2007, 03:37 PM
new update, same deal but add Jefferson...

knew the deal w/o Jefferson was too good to be true!

SammyG
07-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Gerald Green is fucking awesome btw.

Jura
07-30-2007, 06:24 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="yspsctnhdln">Source: Celtics, Timberwolves agree to send Garnett to Boston
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="7"><spacer type="block" height="1" width="1"></td> </tr> </tbody></table> By HOWARD ULMAN, AP Sports Writer
July 30, 2007 <table style="padding-left: 8px; padding-bottom: 5px;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="ysptblbdr2"> <table class="yspwhitebg" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center">http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070730/thumb.nyol58007302040.celtics_garnett_trade_nyol580.jpg (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/photo;_ylt=AnLkWEWHdW88wvsbB61bPieLvLYF?slug=nyol58007302040.celtics_garnett_trade_nyol580&prov=ap)
<small>AP - Jul 30, 4:40 pm EDT</small>
More Photos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/gallery;_ylt=AvNvbW8UIKlMTxKje_Xu2xmLvLYF)</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
BOSTON (AP) -- Kevin Garnett (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3007/;_ylt=AsPUXtlQEtrasEx39QY.W3KLvLYF) is leaving Minnesota after the Boston Celtics (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/bos/;_ylt=AmSR7Lr3U2gQP8oatGbGxDuLvLYF) agreed to acquire the All-Star forward in a multiplayer trade with the Timberwolves, a Celtics official told The Associated Press on Monday.

Among the players who could be headed to Minnesota are forward Al Jefferson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3832/;_ylt=AtTctoKor0tGfdb_2WBpBquLvLYF), guard Sebastian Telfair (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3830/;_ylt=AkY6YZUxAyWRj9onnoBiPdWLvLYF), swingman Gerald Green (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3944/;_ylt=AqbT3KuE0r9ttv4IEUVmCKuLvLYF) and center Theo Ratliff (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3020/;_ylt=AjpPxkHWQEtce27HdK9lp0GLvLYF), said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been completed. The official also said the Timberwolves would get at least one draft choice.

The teams still had some things to clarify with the players' contracts, but the official said that would not keep the Celtics from acquiring Garnett, although there could be a change in the players ticketed for the Timberwolves.

Garnett, 31, has spent all of his 12 NBA seasons with Minnesota. He would get an extension of his contract, which has one year plus an option year remaining, the official said.

The Celtics had tried to get Garnett late last month, but his agent said he didn't want to go to Boston.

weather vane
07-30-2007, 06:37 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Wow

VonErichLives
07-30-2007, 09:10 PM
no time to look back, but who was the wolves fan who said Garnett was NEVER going to boston?

mrslackalack
07-30-2007, 09:59 PM
I believe that was BCWWF.

mrslackalack
07-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I think the Celtics are a legit contender in the East now. With 3 all star vets (KG, Allen, Pierce) and a PG like Rondo thats defensive and pass first then they should make some noise. My only concern is their depth as they gave up a lot of their young core to get KG.

mrslackalack
07-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Skip Bayless actually said today if you placed Duncan with the current T-Wolves team that they would have won an NBA title.

KingofOldSchool
07-30-2007, 10:09 PM
The only question I have is if giving up two young studs who are potential future All Stars is worth it for a shot at going to the NBA Finals the next couple of years (they won't win even if they do make it)? After all Allen and Pierce aren't exactly young-ins. And then you have KG who is getting up there as well.

I'm not saying this trade is a bad move, it just depends on your perspective.

McLegend
07-30-2007, 10:12 PM
For once Skip Bayless was right.

Garnet at times has had some very good people around him. Marbury, Spreewell, and Sam Cassel who when playing for the Wolves were very good players.

Garnett is a Hall of famer, but he is not even close to being as good as Tim Duncan.

mrslackalack
07-30-2007, 10:23 PM
The only question I have is if giving up two young studs who are potential future All Stars is worth it for a shot at going to the NBA Finals the next couple of years (they won't win even if they do make it)? After all Allen and Pierce aren't exactly young-ins. And then you have KG who is getting up there as well.

I'm not saying this trade is a bad move, it just depends on your perspective.

Agreed. The downside is besides Rondo and Perkins you gave up all of your young talent that have all star potential like Green and Jefferson not to mention 2 future first round draft picks in what will be some deep drafts in the upcoming years.

Crimson
07-30-2007, 11:51 PM
damn..I gotta say this is what the Lakers shoulda been doing. Gotta hand it to the Celts they wana win now..and this should easily put them in the playoffs now. I think it's in Doc's hands to make it work now.

Hanso Amore
07-31-2007, 12:59 AM
They added Gomes to the mix.

C Ratliff
PF Jefferson
SF Gomes
SG Green
PG Telfair

Say what you will, but thats not a bad 5 man Squad....all for one guy, plus 2 first rounf picks. Poor Boston Fans.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-31-2007, 02:14 AM
They officially put Gomez in? I was hoping they wouldn't but realistically Jefferson was the only real good player from the list anyway. Telfair is garbage, Green isn't anything special right now and even if he does become something good (which I doubt) he's still years away, Gomez is a bench player and Ratliff is just for the contract. Plus, Jefferson is good but I don't know if he is a future all star anyway. Yeah he dropped 15 and 10 a game last season but who the hell was going to score on that team? Especially since Pierce was out with an injury for a good majority of games. I also don't see how you can call this a bad move, do you guys realize the Celtics have been "rebuilding" for about 10 years at this point (except for that one season where Antonie came back for like half the season) I'd rather have a few years of enjoy basketball rather then a bunch of shitty years "full of potential!"

Plus the Celtics still have Rondo, one of the best young PG in the NBA. If the Cavs can make it to the NBA finals with LeBron James and uh, LeBron James...I'm liking the Celtics chances with 3 All Stars on one team.

SammyG
07-31-2007, 04:07 AM
I can't believe this actually went through. Celts are gonna have a a hell of a turnaround. But I still think they are gonna make the playoffs with a 5-6 seed. Wow though.

RP
07-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Plus the Celtics still have Rondo, one of the best young PG in the NBA.

Do you and VEL fight eachother for who can make the stupidest Boston sports related comment on the internet?

I laughed so hard at that. Rondo LOL

RP
07-31-2007, 09:50 AM
6pnts 3assists 3 rebounds a game. But yah, he's one of the best young point guards in the NBA.

VonErichLives
07-31-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't follow the NBA close enough to know who the other young point gaurds are... the stats don't look great, he split playing time last year, also he's good defensivly which is a big reason they like him.

With Gomes in this, I dunno... it's a little much...

I figure they have 2-3 years to win a title, after that we'll be blowing it up and starting over.

The Miz
07-31-2007, 12:43 PM
"Garnett is not an elite player" - Skip Bayless

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-31-2007, 01:21 PM
6pnts 3assists 3 rebounds a game. But yah, he's one of the best young point guards in the NBA.
You'll see, he averaged 13 points the last month of the season when he was actaully starting and playing a lot. He had to sit behind Delonte and Telfair for a lot of the season but now with both of them he'll get his time. Gotta figure with all these scorers on the team now he's assists will go up, really doubt he'll be able to score a lot but I dont think that'll really matter anyway - he's a point guard. He's a real good defender too and from what I've seen I think he'll be pretty good overall player. What you basing your feelings on? The season ending stats? Because when all was said and done he only averaged like 20 minutes a game for the season, but for the last 2 months of the season he was playing up around 30-35 minutes a game. What do I know though? I know nothing about sports and all I ever do is make dumb comments about it, especially when it has to do with Boston.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-31-2007, 01:23 PM
lol that's hilarious

Also going back to the trade, I think giving up Gomes was a little too much but whatever. I'm glad they are shooting for a chance to be good for the next 2-5 years because with the team they where building they weren't gonna win shit in the next 10-15 anyway. Good young players don't always = championships....somebody ask the LA Clippers about that one

RP
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
You'll see, he averaged 13 points the last month of the season when he was actaully starting and playing a lot. He had to sit behind Delonte and Telfair for a lot of the season but now with both of them he'll get his time. Gotta figure with all these scorers on the team now he's assists will go up, really doubt he'll be able to score a lot but I dont think that'll really matter anyway - he's a point guard. He's a real good defender too and from what I've seen I think he'll be pretty good overall player. What you basing your feelings on? The season ending stats? Because when all was said and done he only averaged like 20 minutes a game for the season, but for the last 2 months of the season he was playing up around 30-35 minutes a game. What do I know though? I know nothing about sports and all I ever do is make dumb comments about it, especially when it has to do with Boston.

Yah it was a really dumb comment. Rafer Alston ins better then Rondo. I can probably name 20 PG's or more that are better then Rondo.

VonErichLives
07-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Yah it was a really dumb comment. Rafer Alston ins better then Rondo. I can probably name 20 PG's or more that are better then Rondo.

Go for it, remember he also said "young PG's" so no long-term Vets with 5-10yrs experience.

we'll await your list.

SammyG
07-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Lookin forward to watchin Boston play this year.

RP
07-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh now its named 20 under 5 years. Ok. Well heres what i could name. All these guys are under 5 years and put up better numbers then Rondo. I also included Arenas whos got 6 years in and plays the point for Washington.

Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Tony Parker
Raymond Felton
Gilbert Arenas
Leandro Barbosa
Steve Blake
TJ Ford
Devin Harris
Jarrett Jack
Shaun Livingston
Jameer Nelson
Luke Ridinour
Mo Williams
Jose Caledron
Chris Duhon

SammyG
07-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Only one player I disagree with, and that is Jameer Nelson. and Felton, actually. Besides that, great list.

SammyG
07-31-2007, 05:00 PM
ROFL Lakers sign Coby Karl. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. Kobe, get the fuck outta LA. I would want to leave too, this is ridiculous. Lakers are terrible.

SammyG
07-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Triple post. If the Lakers try and sign Matt Barnes, that would be fucking awesome. He is the best free agent left.

RP
07-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Felton averaged 14 points 3 rebounds 7 assists last year

Nelson averaged 13 points 3 rebounds 4 assists

Rondo... 6 points 3 rebounds 3 assists.

Rondo might have potential, but he hasnt even established himself as a great young point guard. I'm sorry everyone in Boston wants to blow there load about the guy, but its the truth. And i dont really care what he did in the last month. If we based a whole season on the last month, the Pacers might make the playoffs....

wait i dont even think they won a game in the last month. NM

VonErichLives
07-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Rondo might have potential, but he hasnt even established himself as a great young point guard. I'm sorry everyone in Boston wants to blow there load about the guy, but its the truth. And i dont really care what he did in the last month. If we based a whole season on the last month, the Pacers might make the playoffs....

wait i dont even think they won a game in the last month. NM

You do have to factor the playing time of the last month, but I agree with your point about lets see what he does over the season as the starter getting 30min per game.

I don't think anyone here is "blowing a load" over him, sorry to dissapoint you, he's a good young player with potential and the think I really like about him is he defense.

we'll see what happens.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Not one of those guys you named where rookies last year (at least I don't think so - I realize what VEL said but you gotta look at the situation Rondo came into) Also, in your list a some of those guys are pretty comparable to Rondo already. Obviously, there is a lot of players who are a lot better - but I never said he was the next Isiah Thomas or something. Anyway, alls I'm saying is when he actaully got to play, he put up good numbers and played great defense. He's young and obviously they must have some faith in him if they've traded away both the PG who where ahead of him to start the season last year and basically have handed him the starting job to run an offense with 3 All Stars. I think Rondo is gonna be a solid player for the C's this season, and I thought Gomes would have been the perfect guy coming off the bench. I'm fine with giving up Jefferson and Green but I really would have liked to see them keep Gomes as the 6th man.

Really though, I know you are just gonna keep throwing stats up and ignore the fact that Rondo was third on the depth chart at PG for the first 3 months of the season so I really don't even know why I am wasting my time

Adder
07-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi

How's it going?

I hope Garnett does well for the Celtics

cya

RP
07-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Not one of those guys you named where rookies last year (at least I don't think so - I realize what VEL said but you gotta look at the situation Rondo came into) Also, in your list a some of those guys are pretty comparable to Rondo already. Obviously, there is a lot of players who are a lot better - but I never said he was the next Isiah Thomas or something. Anyway, alls I'm saying is when he actaully got to play, he put up good numbers and played great defense. He's young and obviously they must have some faith in him if they've traded away both the PG who where ahead of him to start the season last year and basically have handed him the starting job to run an offense with 3 All Stars. I think Rondo is gonna be a solid player for the C's this season, and I thought Gomes would have been the perfect guy coming off the bench. I'm fine with giving up Jefferson and Green but I really would have liked to see them keep Gomes as the 6th man.

Really though, I know you are just gonna keep throwing stats up and ignore the fact that Rondo was third on the depth chart at PG for the first 3 months of the season so I really don't even know why I am wasting my time

Wait you said Best " Young " point guard right? Maybe i should go double check that.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I thought I said one of the better, but I actaully said "one of the best.". I also made that post at 2:15AM after a night of drinking haha but regardless I think he is gonna be a real solid player this season.

RP
07-31-2007, 06:41 PM
Should be with the 3 players he has around him, but i cant believe the Celtics pretty much traded the next 5 to 7 years of there future away for a power forward that might only have a few years left and isnt much of a winner when it comes to crunch time.

I love Garnett, but he missed the trade boat like 3 years ago. I think this was a bad trade for Boston.

Crimson
07-31-2007, 10:10 PM
I like the trade for Boston. They wanna win now and what better way to do it than now, when the east is weak, and these 3 all stars are hungry. Sure they gave up Jeff Green and Al Jefferson but so what? like someone said before they have been rebuiding for like 10 years what other hope were they giving their fans that they hadn't already in the past 10 years? I think the fact that they didn't get Oden in the draft they were probably like fuck this bullshit and started goin at it hard to make some big trades. The stupid Lakers shoulda done this months ago.

mrslackalack
07-31-2007, 10:48 PM
I love the trade for Boston now and Minn in the future.

mrslackalack
07-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Rondo will be a decent PG in the NBA. He is not an offensive player at all. He missed so many easy shots, layups, and FTs at UK. One anaylist went as far as saying Rondo is the worst guard offensively out there. However Rondo is great at passing and defensive stats. He should be a consisent top ten in the league in steals and should be giving out alot of assists. This situation is perfect for him. He looked sharp the last couple months of the season. A friend of mine told me that twice this season Rondo came close to having a Quadruple Double.

mrslackalack
07-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Boston says they are not done getting FAs yet. I heard on TV that they will push hard at getting Barnes and Brevin Knight.

Splaya
07-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Boston says they are not done getting FAs yet. I heard on TV that they will push hard at getting Barnes and Brevin Knight.

I'm a diehard Pistons fan, but if they get Brevin Knight and/or Barnes then the Celts are getting more and more dangerous

mrslackalack
07-31-2007, 11:25 PM
In my opinion the East Playoffs right now would be
1. Chicago
2. Boston
3. Detroit
4. Miami
5. New Jersey
6. Cleveland
7. Orlando
8. Washington

and thats leaving out Toronto who was excellent last season plus teams that have playoff potential like the Knicks, 76ers, and Pacers.

mrslackalack
07-31-2007, 11:27 PM
I read Knight would split PG duties 50/50 with Rondo if he signs. Barnes would make an excellent player off the bench to relieve one of the big 3.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Should be with the 3 players he has around him, but i cant believe the Celtics pretty much traded the next 5 to 7 years of there future away for a power forward that might only have a few years left and isnt much of a winner when it comes to crunch time.

I love Garnett, but he missed the trade boat like 3 years ago. I think this was a bad trade for Boston.
Traded away what? Being okay in like 7 years? They've had Paul Pierce, only one of the best players in the NBA, and yey they still have sucked for those years. I am all for shipping off young guys to get good now, rebuilding in the NBA is a bunch of bullshit. You gotta get real lucky and land on something crazy, like a top pick and a good free agent or something otherwise you are fucked. Outside of like 3 years the Celtics have been garbage ever since I was born, so that is 3 outta 21 years.....not a very good average. I am really digging this "win now" approach

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-01-2007, 01:09 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MACK106073119_lower.jpg

SammyG
08-01-2007, 03:44 AM
Boston 2nd in the east? No way. Also, shit, It's gonna take a while to get used to KG wearing a Celtics uniform.

VonErichLives
08-01-2007, 05:39 AM
well, got my season tickets...

if I had gotten them the day before the move, they offered full-season, 1/2-season and mini-game packs and you saved about $10.00/ticket if you got seasons.

After the deal was announced, they only would sell full-seasons and no discounts.

went balcony, 4th row, isle seats.

could have been below the balcony for the same price, but would rather be on the side of the court then a corner or behined the hoop.

So, Stima... wanna buy the 2 pre-season games for face value :)

Hanso Amore
08-01-2007, 06:11 AM
You do have to factor the playing time of the last month, but I agree with your point about lets see what he does over the season as the starter getting 30min per game.

I don't think anyone here is "blowing a load" over him, sorry to dissapoint you, he's a good young player with potential and the think I really like about him is he defense.

we'll see what happens.

Every single Boston Fan and News Reporter cant shut up about how Garnett is going to fit in with 2 all stars and a great young PG in Rondo. I never heard of him until the trades talks, and the way people talk about him he had a D Wade like rookie season. The guy had a few good games and people Love him. I wouldnt even say he showed promise, i mean, he put up SMUSH PARKER like numbers.....and would you say he is a promising or even decent PG.

SammyG
08-01-2007, 06:13 AM
lol @ Smush Parker signing with the Heat.

packt up
08-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Sammy fill me in on the Lakers. They suck yeah? Is Kobe gonna be traded or what?

SammyG
08-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Kobe hasn't completely backed off his trade request. We had a terrible offseason, we didn't really sign anyone huge like we wanted to. We did sign Derek Fisher though, and re-signed Walton and Mihm. Coby Karl is terrible, and we signed him. Smush Parker is gone, thank god. But yeah, if I was Kobe I would demand out again. Terrible management, terrible.

VonErichLives
08-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Every single Boston Fan and News Reporter cant shut up about how Garnett is going to fit in with 2 all stars and a great young PG in Rondo. I never heard of him until the trades talks, and the way people talk about him he had a D Wade like rookie season. The guy had a few good games and people Love him. I wouldnt even say he showed promise, i mean, he put up SMUSH PARKER like numbers.....and would you say he is a promising or even decent PG.

I assume you live in Boston? I just assume this is you know what every single boston celtics fan and reporter is saying.

No, the people with a reality check see him for what he is, promising and decent but still with a lot to prove once he gets his 30mins a game.

No one thinks he's the next Jason Kidd.

I can't speak for Smush Parker cause I really haven't followed much NBA since the 80's and early 90's and wouldn't know Smush if he was standing in front of me.

There's also talk the Celtics will pay the luxury tax and use the mid-level exception... no idea who'se out there, but there will be some decent vets willing to take a little pay cut to play on this team now.

Jura
08-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Has anyone seen this yet?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/97CXaDIPYTg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/97CXaDIPYTg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SammyG
08-01-2007, 04:21 PM
...wow

RP
08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Has anyone seen this yet?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/97CXaDIPYTg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/97CXaDIPYTg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

LOL

RP
08-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Thats The Miz btw.

mrslackalack
08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Kobe has to be furious at the Lakers for not doing what Boston did and trading away future first rd draft picks and guys like Odom, Bynum, and Kwame.

mrslackalack
08-01-2007, 10:07 PM
The West will be loaded this season. Right now in my opinion the Playoffs would be

1. San Antonio
2. Phoenix
3. Dallas
4. Utah
5. Denver
6. Houston
7. Golden State
8. New Orleans/Lakers if Kobe plays

I think while the West is a stacked league that the same 8 teams from last season could easily make it again unless a healthy NO gets in there. You cannot count out teams like the Clippers and Kings though.

mrslackalack
08-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Boston signed Eddie House to a one year deal.

Jura
08-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I like Denver.

mrslackalack
08-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Denver should do very well in yr 2 of AI/Melo. However I feel that this will be George Karls last season as HC if he dont get them past the first round this season.

mrslackalack
08-01-2007, 10:51 PM
SammyG do you see the Lakers maybe trying to appease Kobe by trying to get J Oneal again?

SammyG
08-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Yes. We won't get him though. Our Front Office is way too terrible to get anything done. The fact that Boston is loaded right now and the Lakers have failed to do anything big should give Kobe another reason to want the hell outta LA

Skippord
08-02-2007, 04:02 AM
I'm predicting that the Nuggets make the playoffs and lose to the Spurs in the first round

again

Hanso Amore
08-02-2007, 06:23 AM
I assume you live in Boston? I just assume this is you know what every single boston celtics fan and reporter is saying.

No, the people with a reality check see him for what he is, promising and decent but still with a lot to prove once he gets his 30mins a game.

No one thinks he's the next Jason Kidd.

I can't speak for Smush Parker cause I really haven't followed much NBA since the 80's and early 90's and wouldn't know Smush if he was standing in front of me.

There's also talk the Celtics will pay the luxury tax and use the mid-level exception... no idea who'se out there, but there will be some decent vets willing to take a little pay cut to play on this team now.

So your going to assume that Boston fans only live in boston? Odd. I thought they were one of the Most popular and historic pranchises that are loved across the nation so that I could meet fans elsewhere. Not to mention maybe the Bostonians live near me.

And Im pretty sure there are reports in places other than boston too.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I live in Boston and haven't heard much about Rondo being a future all star or something....solid player though yes, I've heard that and think that as well

Another thing to consider with the Celtics trade and something I never even thought about...Jefferson only has 2 years left on his deal and Gomes only has 1

VonErichLives
08-02-2007, 08:24 PM
So your going to assume that Boston fans only live in boston? Odd. I thought they were one of the Most popular and historic pranchises that are loved across the nation so that I could meet fans elsewhere. Not to mention maybe the Bostonians live near me.

And Im pretty sure there are reports in places other than boston too.

Every single Boston Fan and News Reporter .

I just assume for you to try and base a statement off "every single boston fan" you'd have a decent sampling, at least 50%... and I'd assume for it to be a Boston News Reporter they'd be on TV in Boston...

I live in Boston and haven't heard much about Rondo being a future all star or something....solid player though yes, I've heard that and think that as well

yeah, this is another one of those where people outside of boston overblow how we actually feel about a player w/o really knowing what they're talking about.

Another thing to consider with the Celtics trade and something I never even thought about...Jefferson only has 2 years left on his deal and Gomes only has 1

good point, but they could have re-signed both... especially if they were top players they'd make more money signing with thier home team then another team typically.

Side note: you buying my pre-season tickets? :p

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-02-2007, 09:44 PM
http://photos-541.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v108/14/114/777480541/n777480541_933508_8400.jpg

And no I will not be buying your tickets...I'm actaully trying to land an internship with the C's right now for the 2nd semester so hopefully I won't have to buy many tickets at all

mrslackalack
08-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Chuck Hayes gets a 4 yr deal to stay with the Rockets.

mrslackalack
08-02-2007, 11:41 PM
LOL at Arenas Blog

''We’re humans. We live on land.

Sharks live in water.

So if you’re swimming in the water and a shark bites you, that’s called trespassing. That is not a shark attack.

A shark attack is if you’re chilling at home, sitting on your couch, and a shark comes in and bites you; now that’s a shark attack. Now, if you’re chilling in the water, that is called invasion of space. So I have never heard of a shark attack.''

RP
08-02-2007, 11:50 PM
that guy is high

VonErichLives
08-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Is Arenas releated to Carl Everett?

Along a long list of things, Everett doesn't believe in Dinosaurs or that anyone landed on the moon and there's a bunch of other stuff I don't remember!

OssMan
08-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey someone on the Wizards fucked a prostitute or something

mrslackalack
08-03-2007, 08:50 PM
LOL remember when Arenas said he was a better player than Wade and Lebron?

mrslackalack
08-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Oakley wants to come back and play

SammyG
08-06-2007, 06:55 AM
I would rather have Gilbert Arenas on my team, than Wade.

SammyG
08-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Elton Brand ruptured his Achilles. Ouch.

McLegend
08-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I would rather have Gilbert Arenas on my team, than Wade.
Why

Splaya
08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah I hate Flash because of him being on the Heat and how sometimes he gets more calls but gilbert is not better than wade

SammyG
08-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Gilbert Arenas is a pure scorer, but he can pass too. I dunno, I just love watching him play. Wade pisses me off.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Don't get me wrong I like Arenas, and I thought it was hilarious whe he said he would drop 50 points by himself against a Coach K coached Duke team but I think Wade is a better player.

SammyG
08-06-2007, 07:27 PM
HIBACHI

mrslackalack
08-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Matt Barnes signed a 1 yr deal to stay with GS.

mrslackalack
08-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Arenas is a better scorer. Wade is an overall better player IMO.

loosecollector
08-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Duh? At one time, he was qualified as THE best player in the league.

SammyG
08-07-2007, 04:37 AM
Jermaine O' Neal has asked for a trade to the Lakers. He says if he doesn't get it, he's gonna opt out next year. PLLLEASE, bring him to LA.

loosecollector
08-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Great! An other O'Neal for Kobe to fight with!

mrslackalack
08-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Lakers or Nets Joneal wants to go to.

mrslackalack
08-07-2007, 10:57 PM
No Skip said that RAHSHEED WALLACE was a better player than KG.

Hanso Amore
08-08-2007, 08:21 AM
When will ESPN realize Skip Bayless is an idiot. The fake "if Larry King Worte for us" column from the Mag is basically his persona.

The Miz
08-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Celtics talking to Reggie Miller. lol this is just gonna be Kobe/Shaq/Malone/Payton all over again

Supreme Olajuwon
08-08-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah but in the East where it'll work

RP
08-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I hope Reggie calls a press conference in Boston and rips off his suit to reveal a Boston jersey and then as everyone starts to die down and think about there feel good BAAAASTONN BAAAASkATBAALLL story, Reggie rips the Celtics jersey off and reveals a #31 Indiana Pacer uniform and yells " I'M BACK BOSTON BITCHES!!! IN TO FACEEEEEEEEEEEE! "

RP
08-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Reggie isnt going to Boston. It wont happen. It cant happen. Reggie is Indiana 4life. The only thing i have to root for in Pacer basketball is that Reggie Miller is Indiana for life. Reggie wont go to Boston. It cant happen.

RP
08-08-2007, 06:01 PM
We may as well sell the whole fucking team if Reggie goes to Boston. Get fucking Oklahoma on the phone. I hear there looking for a team. If Reggie goes to Boston, its over.

RP
08-08-2007, 06:05 PM
And i swear to fuck if we trade O'Neal for fucking Kwame Brown and Brian Cook, i'll have a nervous breakdown.

Listen mark my words. If Reggie Miller is playing for Boston and Kwame Brown is wearing a Pacer uni, i'm a Phoenix Suns fan and the last 15 years... never happend.

Go Tom Chambers.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Imagine if Reggie Miller finally won an NBA title..................with the Boston Celtics

loosecollector
08-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Imagine if Reggie Miller finally won an NBA title..................with the Boston Celtics
For solely carrying his team for what seems like forever... he truly desrves one.

VonErichLives
08-08-2007, 08:18 PM
even better would be j o'neil to the celtics for a bag of bricks.

Then Bird, Mchale and Ainge call a big press confrence and say "This season is dedicated to Red Auerhbach" and Mchale and Bird quit their teams and join the celtics front office :P

Reggie in a 15min/game role would be great, the Celtics have had problems finding an outside shooter when Pierce was out of the game, Reggie would be great...

that and to watch RP's head explode.

speaking of that, where is BCWWF these days?g

mrslackalack
08-08-2007, 10:02 PM
interesting news.

mrslackalack
08-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Cook and Kwame for J Oneal is an awful trade.

KingofOldSchool
08-08-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm gonna join RP on the "Don't Do It Reggie" bandwagon.

And I'd send JO to the Lakers for Odom and Farmar. They can keep Bynum.

Hell let's give them Tinsley, Dunleavy, and Murphy too.

mrslackalack
08-08-2007, 10:31 PM
OMGSH THIS COULD MEAN A MICHAEL JORDAN RETURN TO THE CELTICS OMGSH DYNTASY OMGSH DOC RIVERS OUT AS CELTICS COACH PHIL JACKSON TO TAKE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingofOldSchool
08-08-2007, 10:46 PM
All they would need is Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, and BJ Armstrong.

And with the lack of roster depth they have right now, they could do it.

McLegend
08-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Don't forget Luc Longly

KingofOldSchool
08-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Well gee if we are scrapping they can get Jack Haley as well.

SammyG
08-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Get this deal done already god damnit. JO would fit in so great with the Lakers. We need him. Bad.

mrslackalack
08-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Theres a rumor out there that the Celtics have talked to Karl Malone about playing.

mrslackalack
08-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Allen Houston as well.

SammyG
08-10-2007, 10:07 AM
LOL!

mrslackalack
08-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Heck they prolly have called up Bill Walton about playing for them even.

RP
08-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Get this deal done already god damnit. JO would fit in so great with the Lakers. We need him. Bad.

If O'Neal gets traded to anyone, i think it would be Jersey. If they give Jefferson, Kristic and Williams thats a go.

SammyG
08-10-2007, 10:17 AM
And the Pacers are still only asking for Odom and Bynum for JO?

Splaya
08-11-2007, 03:56 PM

RP will kill himself.

KingofOldSchool
08-11-2007, 08:10 PM
And the Pacers are still only asking for Odom and Bynum for JO?

Yeah, but of course the Lakers actually see Bynum being worth keeping around.

It's the Lakers loss really.

VonErichLives
08-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Heck they prolly have called up Bill Walton about playing for them even.

Nope, just Miller, he's been staying in shape and playing they say just not NBA level talent, he's one of the best outside shooters of my era (1980's to today) and if he still has the shot would be great in a 15min/game role.

haven't heard anything more on it in a few days, but been too busy to pay attention, last I heard is Danny Ainge did confirm he contacted them.

that all being said, Doc Rivers is still the coach and has yet to impress me as being a good head coach...

I still wouldn't be shocked to see Danny take over midseason, I don't think he wants to, but if they're not doing as well as expected may have no choice to try and save his job.

mrslackalack
08-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Spree wants to return as well. I know he almost became a Laker last season but he wanted a big contract with a team or something like that.

SammyG
08-12-2007, 05:09 AM
Celts should go after him.

VonErichLives
08-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Celts should go after him.

Only if he promises to choke out Doc.

VonErichLives
08-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Hey, I see BCWWF online... :kiss:

BCWWF
08-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Sorry lads, I've been on vacation.

Well, my opinion is clearly needed in this thread. First of all, McHale is stupid. But that's beyond the point. If they were going to trade Garnett, I am fairly certain that this is the best package they were going to get for him, by far. That said, why didn't they make this trade before the draft, when it was first talked about?

The Wolves didn't make the trade and the team started building around Garnett. They traded for Juwan Howard (who now, and rightfully so, wants to be traded) and they drafted a good player who could step in right away. With one or two additional small trades, the Wolves were not far from being a low playoff team.

Instead, McHale waited until the team went through summer league and began preparing for another Garnett season to fully fuck things up. The Wolves got a lot of young players and have essentially accepted they will be a bottom-five team this year. That doesn't neccessarily have to be bad though, all they need is for McHale to finally step aside.

The Wolves remind me of the Bulls from a few years ago now. There are a lot of young players, but this combination of young players is not compatible together and will not amount to all that much. The Bulls had good management and were able to move Curry, Crawford and Chandler for better/more compatible players, and now they are a title contender. Right now, the Wolves have: Foye, McCants, Brewer, Green, Jefferson, and Telfair. If they can get the 7'2" guy from Georgetown next year we might be talking, but I am convinced that the next time the Wolves make the playoffs, Telfair, McCants and possibly Green will be gone.

For Boston, obviously it is a big move on their part and they will probably make the playoffs. Knowing Kevin Garnett - who up until the end never ever was upset about the prospect of finishing his career here - he will play with a huge chip on his shoulder this year. Besides being an amazing athlete and very talented, he plays with as much emotion as anybody in the league. He also thrives on being more of a supplement than the whole team.

With Paul Pierce and Ray Allen scoring most of the points, KG could be an absolute beast again down low. He is definitely not too old. The only thing I have to say about Boston is who else do they have now? I'm never a big fan of putting good scoring SG and SF next to each other, especially when there isn't a point guard. The lack of an established, good center won't be a problem, but a real solid point guard and a few good, defensive minded role players are going to be neccessary for this team not to disappoint.

mrslackalack
08-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Hibbert would make a great addition for the T-Wolves if they get him in the draft next yr.

KingofOldSchool
08-12-2007, 09:57 PM
The Pacers are getting Roy Hibbert next year.

mrslackalack
08-12-2007, 10:12 PM
I seen a thing on the net where the Pacers would draft Hibbert off G-Town and then Chris Lofton off Tenn as their PG of the future

RP
08-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Yah, we'll definetly be so bad that we'll probably get like the 1st and 10th pick in the draft .

VonErichLives
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Yah, we'll definetly be so bad that we'll probably get like the 1st and 10th pick in the draft .

Worked out for the Grizzlies...

so, you'll have the #4...

remember the good'ol days when it was clearly fixed so the big market money making teams got the top players.

(see: Ewing NY)

mrslackalack
08-13-2007, 10:11 PM
yeah that was def fixed

SammyG
08-31-2007, 01:29 PM
C'mon now. This is a sick dunk by Carmelo, last night against Argentina.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFviIfeMc7s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFviIfeMc7s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

mrslackalack
08-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Melo rocked the house with that dunk

ClockShot
09-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Greg Oden out for the season.

BCWWF
09-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Meh.

Ninti the Mad
09-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Greg Oden out for the season.

LMAO if its true

mrslackalack
09-13-2007, 10:09 PM
You wont notice anyways because he plays few minutes because he fouls out all the time lol.

mrslackalack
09-13-2007, 10:10 PM
If you though Oden looks old. Check out HS b-ball center John Riek, a top 10 b-ball player in the HS class of 2008. Lots of people think he looks older than Oden!

BCWWF
09-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Further evidence that the Timberwolves were two medium-sized moves away from the playoffs had they kept Kevin Garnett.

DaveWadding
09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
I miss basketball. At least 2k8 will get me through :(

SammyG
09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't. We are gonna be so terrible this year.

BCWWF
09-21-2007, 01:45 AM
AK47 wants out, likely to go back to Europe. Another reason why Minnesota could have made the playoffs with KG this year.

SammyG
09-21-2007, 01:52 AM
What an idiot.

Skippord
09-21-2007, 02:02 AM
Pretty excited to see what the Nougatts do this year

Ninti the Mad
09-21-2007, 08:53 AM
They will lose.

SammyG
09-21-2007, 05:47 PM
the NBA shall suck this year.

Ninti the Mad
09-21-2007, 07:42 PM
the Lakers shall suck this year.

yeah

mrslackalack
09-21-2007, 10:11 PM
I know AK had a bad year last season but I am suprised that he may go play in Europe.

SammyG
09-21-2007, 11:04 PM
lol Scott Pippen wants to play in Finland.

Ninti the Mad
09-22-2007, 12:21 AM
lol I miss Gertner and his constant parading of the Jazz

Then they got dominated by the Spurs.

Skippord
09-22-2007, 12:34 AM
They will lose.
As long as they never play the Spurs again they'll be alright

BCWWF
09-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Met Kareem Rush yesterday.

SammyG
09-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Is he cool?

BCWWF
09-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah he was really cool. He was in town to see his daughter for her second birthday so he was at open practice with the current team here. The difference in an NBA and college athlete is huge, he was so much bigger and stronger than the shooting guards here. Anyway, he was nice and pretty open, talked about how Lithuania was a good experience but he wouldn't do it again because it was pretty shitty, the Bobcats bs about him not working hard enough, and then said he is going to challenge for a starting spot and will get big minutes on the Pacers this year. So we'll see what happens. Linas Kleiza and Keyon Dooling are also in the pros from Mizzou, but Kareem has always been the most exciting from our standpoint.

ClockShot
09-24-2007, 05:35 PM
So the Seattle is suing the Supersonics to keep them in town.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3034400

SammyG
09-24-2007, 05:46 PM
ROFL

SammyG
09-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Shawn Marion wants to be traded to the Lakers. COME ON KUPCHAK YOU PIECE OF SHIT, GET HIM.

mrslackalack
09-26-2007, 09:55 PM
HUGE coup for the Lakers if they can get Marion. Also there are rumors the Jazz trade a AK-47 and a 2nd rder for him as well.

McLegend
09-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Ak-47 is fuckin awsome.

DaveWadding
09-27-2007, 03:08 AM
Shawn Marion wants to be traded to the Lakers. COME ON KUPCHAK YOU PIECE OF SHIT, GET HIM.

Too bad the only "trading chip" you have for Matrix is injured and probably wont be able to start the season, so therefore nobody wants his pot smoking ass. :wavesad:

SammyG
09-27-2007, 03:50 AM
I will trade the entire team minus Kobe for Marion.

If we were fucking smart, this could have been our starting line up this year.

Kidd (coulda got him last year for Bynum)
Kobe
Marion
Kwame.. (?)
Jermaine O Neal

SammyG
09-27-2007, 03:50 AM
Not to mention KG

Ninti the Mad
09-27-2007, 09:04 AM
So Suns got Grant Hill.

Then they might lose Marion?

lol thats logic

mrslackalack
09-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Suns say they will not trade Marion however.

Ninti the Mad
09-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Marion is key IMO.

If they lose him... I think it will hurt them greatly.

McLegend
09-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Not if they would have gotten Ak-47. He is awsome when he is on his game. With Steve Nash his celing is unlimited.

Marion is quite key to the Suns though.

BCWWF
09-28-2007, 10:44 AM
I agree. Marion is the second most important player on that team to Nash, IMO, and he wouldn't be nearly as effective anywhere else. He does everything for the Suns.

mrslackalack
09-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Nash
Bell
AK-47
Diaw
Amare

Bench: Barbosa, Hill.

Not a bad lineup at all however I think the Suns should get more than AK if they trade him for Marion like a 2nd rd draft pick

mrslackalack
09-28-2007, 12:07 PM
The Jazz would be quite scary as well if they got Marion

A Marion, Boozer, Okur frontcourt if healthy would be one of the best in the league plus Deron Williams running the point.

SammyG
09-28-2007, 12:45 PM
I WANT THE MATRIX.

mrslackalack
09-28-2007, 01:03 PM
A friend just told me the Lakers want Marion bad. This would def appease Kobe and Phil. I know Odom would be included in the deal. I wonder who else they would have to give up.

SammyG
09-28-2007, 01:11 PM
I think a filler like Cook would be ideal.

DaveWadding
09-29-2007, 04:04 AM
Suns will not win a championship with this team as it is without Shawn Marion. PERIOD.

Also, anything the Lakers have/ could/would offer sucks asss, and Kirilenko is a bitch. He can go play in fucking Siberia.

mrslackalack
09-29-2007, 10:21 PM
I read that Arenas wants to buy Bonds record HR ball to prevent the asteriek from being branded on it.

ClockShot
10-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Jury rules Isiah Thomas liable for sexual harrassment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3046010

SammyG
10-02-2007, 05:48 PM
NBA should suspend him.

Skippord
10-02-2007, 07:04 PM
New Knicks mascot pictures:

http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/306/306_panda_dance.gif

Jesus Shuttlesworth
10-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Marion is an idiot if he leaves the Suns, he won't be anywhere near as good elsewhere. Everyone would then realize how overrated he is

BCWWF
10-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Jesus, now the Timberwolves are trying to trade Juwan Howard to the Celtics. Nothing against Howard, he got screwed and for his own good I hope they can find a good place for him, but come on, the Celtics aren't the only other team out there Kevin. Find somebody else to trade with, Wolves have already got the whole Celtics team from last year (which I must add was awful)

SammyG
10-10-2007, 02:16 AM
I fucking love Jarvaris Crittenton. What a badass.

BCWWF
10-10-2007, 11:36 AM
From Jim Souhan today, Star Tribune

You thought the Herschel trade stunk? How about the Boston Massacre -- Minnesota providing Boston with David Ortiz, Kevin Garnett, Randy Moss, Laurence Maroney and, once upon a time, basketball legend Kevin McHale.

In return for stars, we've received lost satellites such as former Red Sox farmhand Lew (Wrong Way) Ford; former Celtics center Mark (What, Me Rebound?) Blount; former Celtics head case Ricky (Quittin' Time) Davis; Boston native and Patriots tight end Jermaine (How 'Bout My Sohhhx!) Wiggins; and basketball executive Kevin (Once a Celtic Always a Celtic) McHale.

Even former Minnesotans lacking pedigree thrive in Boston. When the Twins sent a non-star to the Red Sox, Doug Mientkiewicz helped them to their first post-Depression World Series victory.

Minnesota has provided Boston with three MVP-caliber performers. To recap:

Ortiz: In his dozen years on the job, Twins GM Terry Ryan made only two glaring mistakes -- signing Joe Mays to a long-term deal and cutting loose Ortiz.

The Ortiz decision looked reasonable at the time. Ortiz, who had been injury-prone and disappointing with the Twins, was an unwanted free agent for about five weeks before the Red Sox finally signed him to a $1.5 million contract as a backup to Jeremy Giambi. Yes, Jeremy Giambi.

It wasn't until halfway through his first season in Boston that Ortiz broke out. In summation: The Twins were wrong about Ortiz, but so were the 28 teams that had no interest in him. And if the Sox had thought he was an impact player, they would have signed him more quickly.

Moss: He's the most debated figure in recent Minnesota sports history, dividing those who think his talent should overshadow his myriad misbehaviors, and those who have standards.

So far, Moss has been a great fit in New England, with a coach and quarterback who command respect and a fan base that has seen a similar figure (Manny Ramirez) win a World Series.

Garnett: The Wolves did the right thing by trading Garnett. In fact, they should have traded him a year earlier, for a better package of players and picks. Garnett could make Wolves management look bad (worse?) by winning with the Celtics, but I'd rather watch Al Jefferson develop than watch Garnett waste another productive year at Target Center.

BCWWF
10-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Double Post