PDA

View Full Version : Fire Pro Returns coming to America and Europe.

Pages : [1] 2

What Would Kevin Do?
07-31-2007, 02:53 AM
Not sure how many people will care, but apparently Fire Pro Returns is being ported to America and Europe. Also, apparently it's going to be pretty cheap. I really really, really, recommend getting this when it comes out. Yeah, the graphics are sprite based, but the game is fun as hell, great roster, tons of CAW slots, the ability to make organizations, stables, belts, rings, logos for your organizations and rings, referees, etc. A bunch of match options too, plus you can pretty much make anyone in CAW.

Buy this when it comes out. There's a learning curve, but once you get it, you won't be dissapointed.

Blitz
07-31-2007, 03:00 AM
Yeah, def gonna get this. That is, unless the 1-2-3 whammy of having to buy a next gen system, Guitar Hero 3, and Rock Band doesn't send me to the poorhouse :(

Bad Company
07-31-2007, 05:38 AM
I have it in Japanese, it's a cunt to play.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-31-2007, 05:46 AM
Gameplay wise, or translation wise?

Bad Company
07-31-2007, 06:06 AM
Translation, the game itself is hard because I'm a button masher at heart, and it certainly doesn't reward that :D

Lara Emily
07-31-2007, 06:21 AM
Fucking sweet SFPWXP is probably my favorite wrestling game ever can't wait to get my hands on this one

What Would Kevin Do?
07-31-2007, 06:26 AM
Yeah, no rewards for buttom mashers.

Anywho, everyone should buy this for Danshoku Dino alone.

Kane Knight
07-31-2007, 07:14 AM
I've enjoyed their portables, but never played a console FPW.

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 07:17 AM
Will it just be a watered down version?

What Would Kevin Do?
07-31-2007, 07:25 AM
If you enjoyed the portables, you should enjoy the console version...

And from what I've seen, I don't think it'll be watered down. It should just be a translated port of FPR.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-31-2007, 07:26 AM
They had to take out most of the WWE guys they had in before FPR came out, but most of the heads are in the CAW. Plus you can get edit packs with basically everyone.

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 08:58 AM
I really wish they would import the King of Colosseum series.

Extreme Angle
07-31-2007, 09:08 AM
if it comes to 360 i'm there

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Has there been a formal release date for it?

Kane Knight
07-31-2007, 10:13 AM
They had to take out most of the WWE guys they had in before FPR came out, but most of the heads are in the CAW. Plus you can get edit packs with basically everyone.

So they're not doing like they did for the portables, where they just make minor changes and rename them? I rememebr going agsinst Stone Cold, Hayabusa, and Sabu.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-31-2007, 10:22 AM
There was an issue and they can't do that anymore. I believe that stopped with Fire Pro Z.

This came should be an exact translated port of Fire Pro Returns. SO no premade WWE guys, although the people who were in the game prior, such as Austin, are easy to make.

Sabu is in the game though, as he wasn't in WWE, so he'll probably be left in.

Here is list of everyone in the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/927675/38973

Here is a list of heads in edit mode... BTW, they added layering, so you can add some different hair/makeups, etc, to the heads.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/927675/39438

Also, there are a crazy amount of edit slots. 500 to be exact. So you can easily make the WWE/TNA/ROH/PWG/ IWA/ what the fuck ever roster you want, and have no worries about taking up space doing it.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-31-2007, 10:24 AM
BTW, 327 wrestlers in the game.

Xero
07-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Awesome. I will definitely pick it up if it comes out.

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Leonardo Spanky and Steve Corino, FTW

What Would Kevin Do?
07-31-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't know what the release date is yet BTW.

Oh, and Umaga is in it.... And the Great Khali..

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 01:14 PM
KHALI CHOP ON MUTA

D Mac
07-31-2007, 02:34 PM
What systems?

D Mac
07-31-2007, 02:37 PM
America: Outlaws
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall

America: Free
Abdullah The Butcher
Tiger Jeet Singh
Animal Warrior
Vader
Steve Williams
Sting
Rikishi
Crusher Bam Bam Bigelow
Jeff Jarret
Predator
Matt Ghaffari
Dan Bobish
Mike Barton
Jim Steele
Tom Howard
Giant Shiva
Sabu
AJ Styles
Petey Williams

America: Legend
Andre The Giant
Terry Funk
Hawk Warrior
Terry Gordy
Bret Hart
Davey Boy Smith
Johnny Smith

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 02:40 PM
PS2

D Mac
07-31-2007, 02:41 PM
:n:

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Oh and I read later this year or early next year.

Dorkchop
07-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Pretty sweet, but sprites for a console wrestling game is a pretty bad idea. I really don't want to feel like I'm playing a GBA game on my PS2. If it's cheap I'll consider picking it up.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Trust me, the sprites aren't that bad.

Here's a random youtube vid

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iNBCBkorcII"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iNBCBkorcII" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 05:14 PM
I think I'm turned on.

Kane Knight
07-31-2007, 05:25 PM
I've been waiting for one to show up in America. I was sold the minute I found out they were making one. The graphics are dated, but for 300+ wrestlers, a lot of CAW space, and fun gameplay...Who cares, really?

Also, I second bringing KoC to America.

Xero
07-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Out of curiosity, how do the sprite mods work. Does it involve reburning the game?

Fignuts
07-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I 've owned this game for over two years.I have bought an xbox 360, a wii, and an alienware laptop since then, and I STILL play this game more than any other. King of Colesseum II a close second. DO NOT LET THE GRAPHICS FOOL YOU! This game has more depth than very single american wresting game thats ever been released combined.

If this is truly coming to america, for a cheap price at that, and you don't buy it, then you are a straight up fucking retard. Bolted shoes, helmet and all.

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 06:43 PM
If I hear that the American version is watered down, I will buy MagicSwap and then an import of Fire Pro and KoC.

James Steele
07-31-2007, 07:00 PM
It won't sell well overall in the States, but for hardcore wrestling gamers this will be an orgasm on release date.

Fignuts
07-31-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I gotta admit, I'm happy that some people wil discover it, but overall, this game will not sell very well at all to the shallow minded american fanbase.

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't give a damn if people will buy this or not.

I will buy it and that's all I care about.

Fignuts
07-31-2007, 11:36 PM
For sure, but the poor sales will stop them from bringing over any other games, such as the inevitabe KOC III. Woud rather they bring that over than this.

But I already have FPR, so I'm biased.

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Well on the other hand, parents might buy this for their wrestling fan kids, especially if it's a $20 game.

Fignuts
07-31-2007, 11:49 PM
A small percentage compared to the whiny brats who will accept nothing but smackdown. A kid woudn't have the patience for this anyhow. He'd play it for a day before trading it in for Ratchet and Clank, or Jax, or Manhunt.

KingofOldSchool
07-31-2007, 11:51 PM
A small percentage compared to the whiny brats who will accept nothing but smackdown. A kid woudn't have the patience for this anyhow. He'd play it for a day before trading it in for Ratchet and Clank, or Jax, or Manhunt.

Well if some naive parent is out shopping and decides to buy their son or daughter a game and they come across this, they will be like "Oh wow, this must be new and it's only $20. Little Jimmy loves wrestling so he'll like this game."

Kane Knight
08-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I gotta admit, I'm happy that some people wil discover it, but overall, this game will not sell very well at all to the shallow minded american fanbase.

Maybe it will develop a small niche following with the contrary "if it's not WWE it must be awesome" crowd.

You know, enough to string some localisations along for a while...

...Naw.

Fignuts
08-01-2007, 12:29 AM
I will say that it will stand a better chance if they advertise it better this time, and have better distribution.

I remember when the gameboy advance games came to U.S. The first one was tough to find, the second, virtually impossible. And little to no advertising. The few ads I did see, did nothing to show the games strong points. Just 2-D westlers that no one would recognize.

The fact is, very few people will buy this, including cheapo parents, without knowing th game's history and how deep and awesome it really is.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Out of curiosity, how do the sprite mods work. Does it involve reburning the game?

What sprite mods?

The Fugitive
08-01-2007, 12:56 AM
If it gets released here, I'll pick it up.

Mind you, the last time I played one of the Fire Pro games, I got extremely frustated with it. Super Fire Pro X, if I remember correctly. Could never escape a pin no matter how early it was in the match and half my attacks were reversed with the slightest of ease.

And no, I didn't button mash.

Fignuts
08-01-2007, 12:59 AM
This is far easier to learn than SFPXP.

Funky Fly
08-01-2007, 01:33 AM
FUNKY FLY WANT THIS GAME

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRRR

Xero
08-01-2007, 10:53 AM
What sprite mods?
Didn't mean sprite mods per say, meant the "real" rings like ROH and TNA.

Indifferent Clox
08-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Well those are allowed in the original version, just like they don't change people's name in the Japanese version.

Xero
08-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Wait, so they're in there by default? That's surprising.

Seriously doubt they'd do that here.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Incorrect.

They aren't in by default.
Also, granted the wrestlers in the game look and play just like they're Japanese counterparts, they are named differently.

You can rename them.

Likewise, there is a logo editor/creator. While the TNA/ ROH logo you see aren't already kin the game, they were made with the ingame logo editor, so you don't need to burn it... You just need to do it yourself, or wait for someone else to do it and download their save. (If you go to fireproclub.com, the forums there will have a shitload of stuff like that)

What Would Kevin Do?
08-01-2007, 12:12 PM
BTW, I have the ROH ring in my game ( I need to download the new ROH ring since someone made it..) I 've never made a logo myself as apparently it's a pain staking progress ( The people who do them basically color it bit by bit.) but it is possible.

Fignuts
08-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Bet its a lot more possible in english. Hell, every time I go in there I can't figure out how to get out, and have to reset.

KingofOldSchool
09-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Release date is mid-late Novemeber.

You can pre-order through Buy.com for $12.99

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/go.php?http://affiliate.buy.com/gateway.aspx?adid=17662&aid=10388132&pid=1312731&sid=&sURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.buy.com%2Fretail%2Fproduct.asp%3Fsku%3D205611610%26amp%3Bloc%3D108

Xero
09-09-2007, 10:04 AM
*Marks out*

Cheap as fuck too.

KingofOldSchool
09-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Yes and if you sign up for Google Check out, you can get it for $2.99.

Evil Vito
09-09-2007, 12:56 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Goddamn I want this game...the ability to create promotions...tons of CAW spots....could probably make the whole WWE and TNA rosters combined :drool:

Shame it's only coming out for PS2 (which I get to play on weekends only if at all).</font> :(

Pepsi Man
09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
I'll probably be picking this up, even though I almost never game anymore. I've heard so much about this series, though, and it seems like a throwback in a lot of ways, so...yeah.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Shit, for 13 bucks, I'll buy it despite owning the Japanese version.

Pepsi Man
09-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Fuck, as someone who doesn't own it (I think the closest I've come to playing Firepro has been playing it some on a simulator one time, on a computer, and I could tell it wasn't getting justice there.), I would pay $40 or $50, like most new games are released for.

Xero
09-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah. The GBA games had ridiculous depth and great gameplay, and that's just a fraction of this game (I assume). I would easily pay full price for it. Any word on how much is changed from the Japanese version (aside from translations, obviously).

Today I read there's some sort of promotion mode too?

The Fugitive
09-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Release date is mid-late Novemeber.

You can pre-order through Buy.com for $12.99

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/go.php?http://affiliate.buy.com/gateway.aspx?adid=17662&aid=10388132&pid=1312731&sid=&sURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.buy.com%2Fretail%2Fproduct.asp%3Fsku%3D205611610%26amp%3Bloc%3D108

There's no way that would run on my PS2... damn region lockouts.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-09-2007, 02:37 PM
I think it's being released in Europe as well.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I believe so, they just need to find a distributor

thecc
09-15-2007, 01:48 PM
and heres the box art

http://www.agetec.com/catalog/images/FP_wrestling_color8_top.jpg

redoneja
09-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Will the wrestlers in the game have their actual names or will they have other names as default that you can edit?

What Would Kevin Do?
09-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Other names that you can edit.

thecc
09-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Will the wrestlers in the game have their actual names or will they have other names as default that you can edit?They will have different names but you can edit them.

redoneja
09-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Alright, thanks guys.

I preordered it earlier today. This is going to be the first game I've bought in about a year and a half, I actually dug in my closet and found my PS2 to make sure I still had it. Stoked for this.

Loose Cannon
09-16-2007, 08:34 PM
there's things I love about the game and things I know would get on my nerves just reading the Beginers Guide of Game FAQ.

I love the No Mercy style of game play and all the wrestlers in it.

What I know I would hate is (and correct me if I'm wrong) the time I'll have to spend editting to make certain AMerican wrestlers and ring logos and what not. I'm a pick up and play time gaming person and I don't what to sit there and edit wrestlers for hours

Also, no Rumble or like 20-30 man Battle Royal :( and no ladder match.

No story mode as well and I like playing these on the Smackdown games.

are there weapons? didn't read about this.

there were a couple other minor things that I would of liked to see like people wearing belts to the rings and not all entrances being the same.

but I'll prob get it cause the price is so low.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-17-2007, 01:23 AM
If you don't like making people or logos ( the logos are hella difficult anyway) I'd really suggest picking up a Max Drive or something of the sort. I've made about 30 or so edits in the same, and I have about 450 from edit packs I've downloaded... same with logos.

THere are weapons, and they stay on the ground when dropped.

Xero
09-17-2007, 09:38 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/niLrtKJ8FPA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/niLrtKJ8FPA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:drool:

Loose Cannon
09-17-2007, 10:09 AM
yea, but has it been determined if those edit packs will work on the USA version? I've read there might be a problem

Loose Cannon
09-17-2007, 11:06 AM
this is what I'll know I'll play the most

http://www.fireproclub.com/firepror/pics/8man2.jpg

or the eight man Battle Royal.

Xero
09-17-2007, 11:08 AM
yea, but has it been determined if those edit packs will work on the USA version? I've read there might be a problem
I seriously doubt it since there will likely be other code differences besides just pure text/sound file replacement. Either someone will need to come out with a converter or it'll have to start from scratch and all the hard work that has gone into the Japanese version will take a while to get into our version.

Hopefully it WILL be compatible, but again, I can't see it.

Loose Cannon
09-17-2007, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't mind creating and edditing if say I wanted Big Boss Man and they had his head, body, attire ready to go and I could do it in about 5-10 minutes.

Xero
09-23-2007, 04:57 PM
From this (http://www.siliconera.com/2007/08/15/burning-desire-agetec-talks-about-fire-pro-wrestling/) (month-old) article:

Fire Pro Wrestling isn't going to be "American-ized" like Raw Danger right? No all blonde wrestlers?

Haha, no. Some have blonde hair, but all the wrestlers will appear as they did in the Japanese version. If you want all blonde wrestlers, we’ll leave it to you to edit everyone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Fire Pro Wrestling series have mock ups of other wrestlers? How is Agetec handling copyright issues? Are any characters getting the axe?

Yes, the series has always had parodies of wrestlers, and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is no exception. All wrestlers are fictional, it doesn’t use the character’s exact name, but they may look familiar. Everything is fine since it is a parody, and no characters are getting the axe from the US version.

====

Just glad to hear there won't be any modifications to the actual wrestlers.

Loose Cannon
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
nice

Kane Knight
09-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Hate to tell them it doesn't fall under parody laws.

Dark-Slicer Diago
09-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Obsessive wrestling fans, say hello to your newest friend.

If you're loco for luchadores, the name Fire Pro should be pretty familiar. Since 1989, the series has been pumping out unique titles that feature a level of customization and Japanese wrestling antics that have gone largely unmatched in squared-circle videogames.

Fire Pro Returns continues that tradition. We've only put a few hours into the build we just got -- it's only 75 percent translated -- but we've already had florescent light bulbs smashed over our heads, been tossed into electrified barbed wire and seen the ref roll around in the fetal position after the ring exploded.

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=745588&downloadURL=http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/article/823/823284/FP01_flvlow.flv&allownetworking="all"'type='application/x-shockwave-flash'width='433'height='360'></embed>

Now, this is extreme.

If you're an outsider and have no idea what the pro wrestling scene is like in Japan, this game's faithful representation of it should clue you in: wrestling in Japan is frickin' insane. This is the place where Cactus Jack and Terry Funk rolled in barbed wire and nearly blew themselves up on a number of occasions. This is the place where high fliers defy the laws of gravity in ways most of the U.S. pro wrestling scene can only dream of. This is the place where fans still applaud wresting moves and not lame catch phrases.

This is what Fire Pro Returns is all about.

The title packs more than 325 wrestlers -- and gives you the option to create 500 more --who are fictional in name only. See, a majority of the superstars are based on real wrestlers but have their names switched around to avoid copyright complications. So, Kerry Texan and his Texas Jab is a dead ringer for Terry Funk and Abdullah Danger's scarred forehead sure reminds us of Abdullah the Butcher. Cycle through the AWG roster -- there are 18 separate lists of talent -- and you'll spot Scott Hall, Andre the Giant, the Road Warriors, Sting and more to remind you of the good ol'USA. If you're up on international superstars, you'll find them spread throughout the other rosters.

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/823/823281/fire-pro-returns-20070926060432429-000.jpg
Kill'em, Kerry!

If you're in the mood just to fool around in an exhibition contest, you'll have seven match types to choose from. "Normal Match" has you and a competitor face off in the arena of your choosing but push it beyond a ho-hum match with a set of options that pertain to every other match as well -- you can choose the ref, if you want DQs, which ring you'd like ring and more. "Cage Deathmatch" tosses you and an opponent into a ring surrounded by steel -- before the match begins you can choose if you want the winner to be decided by escape, pinfall, submission as well as the number of weapons you'd like to see in the ring.

When we fired up our cage match, some wondered what a cage deathmatch was in comparison to a regular cage match. We took "Kerry" up against Abdullah. The two DDT'd each other, tossed one another off the ropes and brought the pain, but it wasn't until Abdullah whipped out a fork, drove it into "Kerry's" head and blood poured down the Texan's forehead that everyone understood what a cage deathmatch was.

Then, they broke out the barbed wire baseball bats.

A "Barbed Wire Deathmatch" is better known to fans as an electrified barbed wire ropes exploding deathmatch. Strung around the ring in place of traditional ropes are spools of barbed wire packing one hell of a current. Whip your opponent into the mess of metal and a small pop will go off and they're likely to be busted open. Before the match, you can set a timed explosive to go off and leave you, your opponent and the ref sprawled out on the mat.

However, the match that stole everyone's heart this afternoon was "Landmine Deathmatch." Here, "Kerry" and "Tattoo" -- see: Sabu -- entered into one of the craziest matches Fire Pro and Japan has to offer. In a ring where the corners are stacked with florescent light bulbs -- you can change these to beds of barbed wire -- the floor surrounding the ring is covered in barbed wire boards. Toss your opponent over the top rope and to the floor, the board will explode, and your enemy will have to deal with coming back from the brink of nothingness.

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=745588&downloadURL=http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/article/823/823284/FP03_flvlow.flv&allownetworking="all"'type='application/x-shockwave-flash'width='433'height='360'></embed>

As "Kerry," we did our best to punish "Tattoo." We threw strikes -- square and a direction on the d-pad are weak attacks, X and a direction are medium attacks, and circle and a direction are strong attacks -- and attempted to master the grapple system -- you need to move toward an opponent to initiate a grapple and then choose your face button attack when the foes step into the lockup -- but "Tattoo's" skill was far beyond our own. He forced us into a crimson mask after slamming a light bulb into our face, taunted us -- wiggle the left analog stick -- flying from the ropes and back flipping onto our bloodied body.

It was awesome.

The final three match types honor specific promotions. The "SWA Rules Match" is a no-DQ, no-leaving-the-ring battle; "S-1 Rules Match" is a striking only fight; and "Gruesome Fighting" is an MMA competition in an octagon-like structure where the pins don't count and knockouts reign.

Beyond fighting in the ring, "Match Maker" puts you behind the curtain and has you book 12 events with the goal of promoting "lucrative and fun" matches. You'll work within a budget to balance costs with revenues as you pick wrestlers, match types and more. As awesome as all this sounds, we couldn't get too into it today. Remember how we said this game was only 75 percent translated? This is part of that other 25 percent.

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/823/823281/fire-pro-returns-20070926060431007-000.jpg
Light bulbs hurt.

Even with everything Fire Pro Has going for it in terms of matches, edit options and modes, the controls are going to put a lot of wrestling fans off. Movement is governed by the d-pad and has a steep learning curve that we're still trying to master. This is a game of timing, and if you mistime it or button mash, you're screwed. Whereas other wrestling games on the market have you hit run and head toward your opponent, Fire Pro leaves aiming your run up to you. That might not sound like much, but as you get used to the switch, expect to run yourself into a barbed wire mess more than once.

Still, for those who are ready to stick out the different system and to avoid button mashing Fire Pro Returns looks like it's got enough content -- tournaments, leagues, team matches, battle royals, created titles and more -- to keep fans busy when it ships in November.

KingofOldSchool
09-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Me wantie.

Destor
10-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks to WWKD? I have pre-orderd this game.

Destor
10-16-2007, 05:38 AM
There was an issue and they can't do that anymore. I believe that stopped with Fire Pro Z.

This came should be an exact translated port of Fire Pro Returns. SO no premade WWE guys, although the people who were in the game prior, such as Austin, are easy to make.

Sabu is in the game though, as he wasn't in WWE, so he'll probably be left in.

Here is list of everyone in the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/927675/38973

Here is a list of heads in edit mode... BTW, they added layering, so you can add some different hair/makeups, etc, to the heads.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/927675/39438

Also, there are a crazy amount of edit slots. 500 to be exact. So you can easily make the WWE/TNA/ROH/PWG/ IWA/ what the fuck ever roster you want, and have no worries about taking up space doing it.My printer is fucked and I just coppied all of that information by hand. No shit.

Xero
10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
"522 Yoshihiko (DDT Blow-up Doll)"

....What?

Xero
10-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Seriously though, can't wait for the game to come out. I'm so glad I passed up buying it via import, which would have cost me roughly $100 because I would have needed one of the softmods.

The Genius
10-17-2007, 11:11 PM
definitely picking this up. only $15 too.

Destor
10-19-2007, 02:06 AM
I'm told there are MMA bouts in the game, can some one explain how that works to me?

Xero
10-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Only strikes and ground submissions I believe. They may also have the MMA cage, I'm not 100% sure though.

U-Warrior
10-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Yes they have a cage, but its ten-sided thanks to ufc being pricks. And its more than just ground, and submissions. There are new grapple typs for mma fighters. You can shoot on a guy from the initial grapple, or while hes already on the ground, and it initiates a second grapple wich leads to ground strikes or a submission. Shooting isn't exclusive to mma fighters tho. Many wrestlers who have mma backgrounds can also shoot.

Also, the cag isn't just another ring you select at the setup screen. MMA is a whole different match type with its own adjustable rule set, along with cage, c-4 deathmatch, lighttube deathmatch, and k-1

DaveBrawl
10-19-2007, 03:13 PM
If this game is nearly as fun as SFPWXP I would pay $50 for it, and from most reactions, it's much better than that.

U-Warrior
10-19-2007, 09:24 PM
SFPWXP is pretty much dog shit by comparison.

Evil Vito
10-20-2007, 07:32 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I can't wait for this game.

Really have no idea what I'm gonna do with 500 CAW spots. Prolly will wind up with the entire WWE and TNA rosters...then still have a few hundred spots after that. I'll probably wind up making athletes, musicians, and the entire cast of the Simpsons or something</font> :o

Destor
10-20-2007, 07:36 PM
I know, I'm going crazy waiting for this. This next month is going to KILL ME.

Mike the Metal Ed
10-20-2007, 07:47 PM
My kingdom for an American PS2. :( Can't even find the GBA games anywhere.

Destor
10-20-2007, 08:04 PM
At least they're trying for an European release. Trying to think positive for you.

U-Warrior
10-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Just remember to have patience when you get it. As others have said, its not pick up and play like smackdown. Many people havn't been able to get it right away, and have given up on it. Once you get the timing down, you'll never want to play smackdown ever again.

Destor
10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Brother I have read every FAQ on this game the net has to offer. I assure you that I will be playing this game for years.

I have never been this hyped for a release.

U-Warrior
10-20-2007, 08:28 PM
If there is one major downside to the game, its that you can't use edits in Manager mode. Its similar to GM mode in smackdown.

Destor
10-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah I read that. Total bs. Really terrible game design, a game made for players to have control and then take that control away from what should be the games priamary feature. But bah, I could care less. I wouldn't mind take their guys through this very interesting mode, so it's cool.

Evil Vito
10-20-2007, 08:38 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Not being able to use edits in Manager Mode really sucks.....but whatever. This game is every simmer's dream. I'll be simming tons of matches/storylines in exhibition</font>

Kenny
10-21-2007, 12:33 AM
Hey everyone.

There are just a few things I haven't seen mentioned yet here.

I read on one FAQ that the tool used to create ring logos is a kind of art program. I'm assuming like the "Paint" program on the computer. That would basically give us the freedom to create absolutely any wrestling fed imaginable. I think the creation freedom is going to be a big hit in this country because of the countless independant promotions and backyard wrestling feds who can now create not only themselves, but their promotion. That's good for us because if Fire Pro does good in America and Europe, chances are they will continue making games.

Also the finishers are very accurate. I saw a video on YouTube of AJ Styles doing the Style Clash. He goes through all the motions, including the arms-out taunt and stepping over their arms one at a time.

I was about to give up on Wrestling video games until I saw that Fire Pro was coming to the USA.

As others here have said, if you're a new gamer don't let the controls turn you off too quickly. When I played the Super Nintendo versions of FPW I couldn't pull off a single grapple. Now that I've played for a while, I've had some good matches with a lot of high spots. This game is going to be great.

U-Warrior
10-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Also, Having barbwired explosives on the arena floor + Apron moves = pure hardcore bliss

Blitz
10-21-2007, 02:31 AM
I would buy this, but GH3/Rock Band will be taking all my video game time for the next 2-3 months at least.

U-Warrior
10-21-2007, 02:45 AM
Not if you buy this, it won't.

Mr. Monday Morning
10-21-2007, 05:47 AM
My kingdom for an American PS2. :( Can't even find the GBA games anywhere.

Last I read they have a European distributor in place now, just waiting to finalise details.

Kenny
10-22-2007, 04:22 AM
What federations do you all plan on creating?

I'm going to go for an early 90's WCW, an early 90's WWF, ROH, some other fed, and then a custom wrestler fed. ROH mainly because I'm upset with how TNA is using guys like Styles and Daniels, so my ROH will mainly consist of guys in TNA that I feel are being misused. Because I'm bored, and feel this will help me deal with my childish hype, I've decided to list my own and of course ask who you will be creating as well.

WCW

Sting (blonde hair)
Ric Flair (long hair)
Arn Anderson
Lex Luger
Sid Vicious
Rick Steiner
Scott Steiner (Long Hair)
Vader
Ron Simmons
Diamond Dallas Page
Booker T
Stevie Ray
Dustin Rhodes
Stunning Steve Austin
Flyin' Bryan Pillman
Jushin Thunder Lyger

WWF

Hulk Hogan
The Ultimate Warrior
Macho Man Randy Savage
The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase
Sergant Slaughter
Bret "Hitman" Hart
The British Bulldog
Yokozuna
Shawn Michaels
Marty Jeanetty
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Road Warrior Hawk
Road Warrior Animal
Nasty Boy Saggs
Nasty Boy Knobbs
Earthquake
Typhoon
I.R.S.
Razor Ramon
Mr. Perfect
Yokozuna
Diesel
King Kong Bundy
Papa Shango
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Jake The Snake Roberts
Rick The Model Martel
Crush
Owen Hart
Goldust
Bam Bam Bigelow
Hakushi
1-2-3 Kid
And a few others...

ROH

AJ Styles
Low Ki
Christopher Daniels
Jay Lethal
Abyss
Austin Aries
Roderick Strong
Samoa Joe
Petey Williams
Homicide
Hernandez
Yep... few others...

Other Fed (Can't think of a name)...

Kurt Angle
Rey Mysterio
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Rob Van Dam
Raven
Rhyno
Brother Ray
Brother Devon
Sting (Modern)
The Undertaker (Gray gloves)
Kane (Masked)
Ultimo Dragon
Randy Orton
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
Hulk Hogan (nWo)
The Great Khali
The Big Show
And many more...

HeartBreakMan2k
10-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Other Fed (Can't think of a name)...

Kurt Angle
Rey Mysterio
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Rob Van Dam
Raven
Rhyno
Brother Ray
Brother Devon
Sting (Modern)
The Undertaker (Gray gloves)
Kane (Masked)
Ultimo Dragon
Randy Orton
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
Hulk Hogan (nWo)
The Great Khali
The Big Show
And many more...

WWE maybe?

Evil Vito
10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm probably gonna make basically the full WWE roster as three separate promotions (or two if ECW has fully merged with SD by then), the TNA roster, then probably a bunch of old WCW and ECW people that aren't in WWE or TNA.

Gonna make at least 5 rings: Raw, SD, ECW, WCW, TNA</font>

U-Warrior
10-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Between WWE, ROH, TNA, WWE Legends, UFC, and puro stars not in the game, I've actually filled up the 500 slots and gone into a second memory card. 500 sounds like a lot, but you'd be surprised how quickly it fills.

Xero
10-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Can you actually use two memory cards or is transferring involved? If not that brings it up to 1000.

Destor
10-23-2007, 12:53 AM
I'd imagine you'd have to transfer just like in No Mercy. No logical reason that would be different...

Xero
10-23-2007, 12:54 AM
The logical reason is that if two cards are connected the game can access both.

Destor
10-23-2007, 12:57 AM
But with only x ammount of slots (talking RAM here) how can both be displayed? Couldn't they just give you 1000 slots from the get go then?

U-Warrior
10-23-2007, 02:28 AM
It is a transfer deal. You only have access to 500 edits at any given time.

Xero
10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
But with only x ammount of slots (talking RAM here) how can both be displayed? Couldn't they just give you 1000 slots from the get go then?
If it were a dual-card deal, all it would have to load is the list and possibly the skins (not sure how the wrestler select screen is structured). Then if wrestlers from different cards are selected it would load one from one card and the other. RAM wouldn't be affected because the wrestlers would be a similar size no matter where they're stored. It's not like you'd have 1000 on-screen at once.

Evil Vito
10-24-2007, 10:43 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I was really bored so I just typed out a list of a bunch of current/former wrestlers to create.

I've done the whole WWE, WCW, ECW, legend, and random people roster and I'm still only at like 300. Limitless possibilities 4tw</font> :cool:

Nowhere Man
10-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Wait...has it come out yet, or do you have an imported version?

Evil Vito
10-25-2007, 07:44 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I don't have it yet, I just came up with a list.</font>

Corporate CockSnogger
10-26-2007, 02:29 PM
So will this be coming out in the UK?

Mike the Metal Ed
10-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Hopefully.

Destor
10-29-2007, 12:26 PM
The've got a publisher for the UK release now.

Kenny
11-03-2007, 08:32 AM
My local Gamespot still doesn't have a release date. Anyone else having this problem?

Mister Sinister
11-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah...It more then likely won't

Since I'm an Gamestop Manager, I've been noticing alot of PS2 games now, aren't getting release dates, noticed this with KOF, Fatal Fury, Guilty Gears, etc.

More then likely, it seems we won't get one, which sucks, because I have a feeling that they may screw us over on copy, espically since some other assfuck that I work with, is wanting to get it, and I'll be pissed if we only get 1 copy.

Destor
11-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Under one week until the release. Sooooo hyped.

U-Warrior
11-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Holy shit, the message borad activity for this has surpassed SvsR 2008 at gamefaqs. Never thought i'd see the day. That gives me hope it'll sell well enough to warrant future us releases.

Destor
11-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Holy Crap FRP is 8 over-all? Damn it.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-08-2007, 02:50 AM
Now it's like 5th. Madness I tell you... Madness.

I"m wondering how many peeps who have never played will be pissy about the timing system.

Mister Sinister
11-08-2007, 03:03 AM
yeah, that tends to happens.

Destor
11-09-2007, 09:34 PM
LOL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijSW8rCtiQ

Xero
11-11-2007, 10:51 PM
TWO MORE DAYS!

LOL at the video.

Loose Cannon
11-12-2007, 09:37 AM
really hoping I like this game.

Destor
11-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Keep in mind that the 13th is the ship date, so you aren't likely to find it in a store until the 14th or 15th...

Xero
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM
If the store even gets it.

I've got mine ordered on Amazon with it shipping tomorrow, so I'll likely have it by Thursday.

Destor
11-12-2007, 03:02 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Yeah I've got mine from the link KoOS posted but I don't think I'll see it until Friday or Saturday...</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Vietnamese Crippler
11-12-2007, 03:11 PM
LOL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijSW8rCtiQ

OMG, I want WWE to do that for an SvR release :rofl:

Destor
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
ROFL the hype for it would be hilarious

Destor
11-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Has anyone ever used buy.com before? If so how quick are they getting the prduct to you? Anyone have bad experiences with them?

Vietnamese Crippler
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I live pretty close to one of their warehouses, so I get my orders in two days.

They're pretty quick about processing and all that stuff.

Nowhere Man
11-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Damn.

Not one single game store within thirty miles of where I live is carrying the game, or even has it listed. Looks like I'm gonna have to order it online.

Destor
11-12-2007, 08:04 PM
It's a budget title, most places aren't going to be aware of it until it shows up. Best Buy, for example, now has all "bargain bin" games (the ones that are next to the check out isle,) listed under the same header in their computers so places like that would never know if they had this game or not...

Evil Vito
11-12-2007, 08:15 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm in no real hurry. I'll check with my local Gamestop and Best Buy later in the week. If I don't get it then I'll just grab it online. My PS2's at my dads anyway and I won't see him till the weekend</font>

Destor
11-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Gamespot review:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/fiproreturns/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/fiproreturns/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review)

Doesn't sound unfair.

Funky Fly
11-13-2007, 01:04 AM
Sounds sexy. Gonna order this.

Fignuts
11-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Gamespot review:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/fiproreturns/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/fiproreturns/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review)

Doesn't sound unfair.

7.0 sounds a little unfair to me tbh. Given the fact that their biggest gripe seemed to be the menus, which I've NEVER had a problem with.

7.0 just seems a bit low given their minor complaints.

Funky Fly
11-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Well, they had a few gripes: steep learning curve, outdated graphics, bad music, poor menu.

Still, aside from the learning curve I doubt that will bother me too much. The music couldn't possibly be worse than the shit THQ licenses for the SvR series.

Fignuts
11-13-2007, 01:38 AM
The graphics are the only legit concern out of all of that.

15 minutes. Thats all it takes to get the hang of grappling. Yet Gran Turismo, which feels like work to learn gets praised. Hypocrites.

Xero
11-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Fucking hell, Amazon now claims it's shipping in 2-4 weeks. Don't know if that affects pre-orders though, because it claims it's still shipping today on Order History...

Lara Emily
11-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Fucking hell, Amazon now claims it's shipping in 2-4 weeks. Don't know if that affects pre-orders though, because it claims it's still shipping today on Order History...

That's better than amazon.ca lol it's saying 1 to 2 months :|

Xero
11-14-2007, 09:06 AM
It was pushed back to next week - my guess is longer though. Canceled my Amazon order and went through Buy.com.

Destor
11-14-2007, 12:44 PM
My buy.com order still says sent to warehouse :(

Destor
11-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Buy.com has pushed their release back to the 19th. :(

Xero
11-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Did you get an e-mail? I don't see it on the site.

Destor
11-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Go to the FPRW page and click the "additional info" tag, it says it there.

Destor
11-14-2007, 01:17 PM
<TABLE id=Table4 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width=10>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v5/img/clear.gif</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=300 height="100%"><TABLE id=Table5 height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=290 background=http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v6/img/pricingBG.gif border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=selectedtab id=prodPriceTab_1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v6/menu/prod_unselected_back.jpg); COLOR: #000000" width=178 height=15>Pricing
</TD><TD class=unselectedtab id=prodPriceTab_2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v6/menu/prod_selected_back.jpg); COLOR: #ff7e00" width=179 height=15>Additional Info
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tabContent vAlign=top width=300 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3 height="100%"><TABLE id=Table9 cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=productPricing><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=290 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Our Price: </TD><TD align=right>$12.99</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><NOBR>Shipping (http://www.buy.com/corp/support/shipping/tables.asp?what=much&from=product): </NOBR> </TD><TD align=right>$4.40</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD align=right><NOBR>Buy.com Total Price: </NOBR></TD><TD align=right>$17.39</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD id=prodQtyBuySection align=right>Qty <INPUT id=Text2 style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, serif" maxLength=3 size=2 value=1 name=qty></INPUT> <INPUT type=image alt="Buy Fire Pro Wrestling Returns PS2 by SVG DISTRIBUTION" src="http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/buttons/2006//btn_buynow.gif" align=absMiddle border=0 systran="yes"></TD></TR><TR><TD>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v5/img/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>In Stock: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 business days. (javascript:void(0);)</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v5/img/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Very few left In Stock! Order soon -- product may sell out.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Format: http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v5/img/icon/ps2.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>if(GetCookie("mpsa") != "null"){document.write('http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/buttons/2006/btn_sell_yours_here.gif (http://www.buy.com/listing/listitem.asp?sku=205611610)
')}</SCRIPT></TD></TR><SCRIPT language=Javascript><!--//if (GetCookie("Affiliate") != "noAd") { document.write('<tr>'); document.write('<td id=\"googleBreakdown\">'); document.write('<table cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" border=\"0\" width=\"290\">'); document.write('<tr>'); document.write('<td align=\"center\">'); document.write(''); document.write('<table cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" border=\"0\" width=\"290\">'); document.write('<tr>'); document.write('<td valign=\"bottom\">http://tpww.net/forums/</td>'); document.write('<td valign=\"middle\" align=\"left\">http://tpww.net/forums/</td>'); document.write('<td width=\"100%\" valign=\"top\" align=\"right\" height=\"43\" background=\"http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/top_line.gif\">'); document.write('<table cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" border=\"0\">'); document.write('<tr>'); document.write('<td>What\'s This? (http://tpww.net/forums/)
</td>'); document.write('</tr>'); document.write('</table>'); document.write('<td valign=\"bottom\">http://tpww.net/forums/</td>'); document.write('</tr>'); document.write('<tr>'); document.write('<td background=\"http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/left_line.gif\">http://tpww.net/forums/</td>'); document.write('<td valign=\"top\" colspan=\"2\" align=\"left\">'); document.write('<table cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" border=\"0\">'); document.write('<tr><td>New Google Checkout Customers: Use Google Checkout to get $10 off your order! Offer valid for new Google Checkout customers only. </td></tr>'); document.write('<tr>'); document.write('<td valign=\"middle\">Price with Google Checkout http://tpww.net/forums/$7.39</td>'); document.write('</tr>'); document.write('</table>'); document.write('</td>'); document.write('<td height=\"100%\" background=\"http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/right_line.gif\">http://tpww.net/forums/</td>'); document.write('</tr>'); document.write('<tr>'); document.write('<td valign=\"top\">http://tpww.net/forums/</td>'); document.write('<td width=\"100%\" align=\"right\" colspan=\"2\" height=\"15\" valign=\"top\" background=\"http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/bottom_line.gif\"></td>'); document.write('<td valign=\"top\">http://tpww.net/forums/</td>'); document.write('</tr>'); document.write('</table>'); document.write('
'); document.write('</td>'); document.write('</tr>'); document.write('</table>'); document.write('</td>'); document.write('</tr>');//}// --></SCRIPT><TR><TD id=googleBreakdown><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=290 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=290 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/topleft_corner.gif</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/logo.gif</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width="100%" background=http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/top_line.gif height=43><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>What's This? (javascript:void(0))
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TD vAlign=bottom>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/topright_corner.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD background=http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/left_line.gif>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v6/img/clear.gif</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>New Google Checkout Customers: Use Google Checkout to get $10 off your order! Offer valid for new Google Checkout customers only. </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center>Price with Google Checkout http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v6/img/triangle.gif$7.39</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD background=http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/right_line.gif height="100%">http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v6/img/clear.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/bottomleft_corner.gif</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width="100%" background=http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/bottom_line.gif colSpan=2 height=15></TD><TD vAlign=top>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/google/bottomright_corner.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 width=290 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Format: http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v5/img/icon/ps2.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Release Date: 9/19/2007</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Publisher: SVG DISTRIBUTION (http://www.buy.com/search/q/loc/108/search_store/5/querytype/game/svg+distribution.html)</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Buy.com Sku: 205611610</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>Buy.com Sales Rank: 45</TD></TR><TR><TD>More about this product (http://www.buy.com/prod/fire-pro-wrestling-returns/q/loc/108/205611610.html#prodInfoSec)</TD></TR><TR><TD>View similar products (http://www.buy.com/search/q/cscat/2/search_store/5/querytype/game/cvsnid/24973/mfgnm/action/showall.html)
</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/buttons/2006//btn_blog_permalink.gif (http://www.buy.com/prod/fire-pro-wrestling-returns/q/loc/108/205611610.html)
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Related Search Keywords: fire pro wrestling (http://www.buy.com/search/q/querytype/home/qxt/home/dclksa/1/fire%20pro%20wrestling.html) fire pro (http://www.buy.com/search/q/querytype/home/qxt/home/dclksa/1/fire%20pro.html) fire pro wrestling returns (http://www.buy.com/search/q/querytype/home/qxt/home/dclksa/1/fire%20pro%20wrestling%20returns.html) fire pro returns (http://www.buy.com/search/q/querytype/home/qxt/home/dclksa/1/fire%20pro%20returns.html) </TD></TD><TR><TD align=left> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/v5/img/clear.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Xero
11-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Oh.

Bah.

Xero
11-14-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't understand why it still says that some are left in stock though.

Destor
11-14-2007, 01:18 PM
SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKS

Good thing I bought Mario Galxy

Destor
11-14-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't understand why it still says that some are left in stock though.Either A) they have them and just aren't shiping or B) they've only order X amount and they have been sold... I've emailed them so we'll see.

Xero
11-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Keep us updated.

If it gets pushed back again I may actually just go through Agetec themselves (after looking around here). I figure that you're guaranteed to get it from them ASAP.

Xero
11-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Just noticed that the 19th is actually the original release in September (9/19). They haven't changed it since I suppose. So there's a very good chance it'll be shipping soon.

Xero
11-14-2007, 08:21 PM
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=927675&topic=39543529

450, is that you?

Anyway, I'm kicking myself. The Amazon orders are now going out. :(

Xero
11-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Holy shit, Japan edit packs are apparently compatible, which means, if you have an AR Max you can just get all the edits right off the bat.

There may be problems with the voices, but even so, there's a SHITLOAD of stuff out there already, so this is huge news.

http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8818

Destor
11-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Oh man, sooooo sory about that Amazon shit.

Blitz
11-14-2007, 11:24 PM
*looks at AR Max sitting bedside*

Sexy.

Destor
11-14-2007, 11:25 PM
I've got one but I would MUCH rather make them myself...

Destor
11-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Hello Destor,

Thank you for shopping at Buy.com.

Just a note to let you know that the backordered or preordered item(s) below from your order ####### are still not in stock.

We will continue to work hard to ship your item(s) to you.

Funky Fly
11-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Nigga what the fuck is an AR Max?

Destor
11-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Action Replay Max. It's a code emulator.

Blitz
11-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Just ordered it off Amazon. Said it was in stock.

Xero
11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Long story, but canceled my Buy.com order and went back to Amazon. Shipping soon and will have it tomorrow. :cool:

Seriously impatient. This is the first game I've been really pumped for since GTA:SA, and I'd say it surpasses even that. The game is going to be that good.

Evil Vito
11-15-2007, 09:55 PM
<font color=goldenrod>GameStop have it on their website, so I'm gonna swing by there tomorrow and check out their budget titles. Wouldn't be shocked if they've at least got a couple copies</font>

Destor
11-16-2007, 01:05 AM
I came across this ont he FPC board:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/jzbadblood/hemanfirepro.jpg

Brilliant.

Destor
11-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Also I'm super pissed that people who orderd from buy.com are geting the game even though they orderd it AFTER I did. It's fucking bullshit.

I wont order from them again. The only problem is that I WANTR THIS MORE THAN ANY GAME EVER BEFORE.

It's killing me.

Fignuts
11-16-2007, 01:18 AM
I faked being sick to get out of work, for about half the week when mine came in.

redoneja
11-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Also I'm super pissed that people who orderd from buy.com are geting the game even though they orderd it AFTER I did. It's fucking bullshit.

I wont order from them again. The only problem is that I WANTR THIS MORE THAN ANY GAME EVER BEFORE.

It's killing me.

When did you order? I ordered mine back in September and it's been shipped. UPS should be delievering tomorrow.

Destor
11-16-2007, 01:28 AM
October

Destor
11-16-2007, 01:29 AM
You actually deserve it before, BUT IT DOESN'T STOP ME FROM BEING PISSED

Fignuts
11-16-2007, 01:45 AM
If you're pissed now, sit on this one for a while: I'VE HAD IT FOR 2 YEARS

Destor
11-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Die

redoneja
11-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Fucking UPS accidently rerouted it to Massachusetts. I'm in southwest Virginia. :mad:

Loose Cannon
11-16-2007, 09:28 AM
wow, didn't even order the game yet and Buy.com just sent one to me by mistake. wtf?

Destor
11-16-2007, 10:26 AM
I just made a hasty decision, and it's bitting me in the ass.

After talking to the rep yesterday I was under the impression that buy.com wouldn't be getting the game for a few days at best and seeing everyone getting theirs from Amazon I went ahead and canceled out my order from buy and went to Amazon.

At least I thought I did. After I ordered it from Amazon the buy.com went from "canceling" to "shipped" and a tracker appeared. It's one city away and I cant cancel. Sweet why would I want to cancel? Well I don't.

So I went to cancel the amazon order but since I opted for one day it's in the delivery process and I cant cancel it either!

So now I have two coming to me.

Bah.

redoneja
11-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't care too much but I'm about to go back home for a week in 2 1/2 hours, so that means it won't get here before I leave like it was supposed to.

Figures.

Xero
11-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Mine's on the truck right now. Will probably be here by 5. :cool:

Destor
11-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Does the UPS put shit in your mail box or do they bring it to your door?

Xero
11-16-2007, 01:07 PM
My mailbox is at my door, so it's moot.

But they just leave it on the doorstep/inside the front screen door, regardless of size.

Destor
11-16-2007, 01:09 PM
I hope this mother fucker finds my place. The only give away that there is a house near by is my mailbox, my driveway is coverd by trees on both sides and the house is a ways down. No view of it from the road.

redoneja
11-16-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm in an apartment complex and the last time UPS delievered, no one was home so they left the package with my neighbor. Neighbor brought it over no problem. Still, I'm a little antsy, especially considering I'm leaving for the week. Luckily my roommate is staying and I'm sure he'll be on the couch for most of the day.

redoneja
11-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Just suuuuuuuuuuuucks I have to wait until next week.

Destor
11-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Really blows man. How long until it gets there?

Evil Vito
11-16-2007, 03:07 PM
<font color=goldenrod>God damn. Went to Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy, and Circuit City

NONE of them have it, and I checked the shelves as well as the impulse buys crap. Guess I'll have to Amazon it</font>

Destor
11-16-2007, 03:34 PM
People are starting to report getting these from retailers, you could wait a few days...I'd go through Amazon, but you know just saying, it's not hopeless.

redoneja
11-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Really blows man. How long until it gets there?

Prob show up to my apartment tomorrow.

Xero
11-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Wow. Wowowowowowow...

So far I've played a few matches. Took me a while to get the timing down. Was getting owned by level 1 until I did a player vs player to get everything down. Now I've got timing down and I'm having a blast.

BRB gonna go play more Fire Pro. :cool:

Loose Cannon
11-16-2007, 07:10 PM
sweet, I'm coming over

Xero
11-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Best. Game. Ever.

That is all.

KingofOldSchool
11-17-2007, 01:54 PM
My copy, which I got for free, just shipped from Amazon. Whoopie!

Destor
11-17-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm in love. I still have a second copy coming Monday, dunno what to do with it...

Evil Vito
11-17-2007, 03:32 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm hearing GameStop isn't gonna have it until either next Tuesday or Wednesday...and even then its gonna average all of two copies per store.

I'm just gonna Amazon it and use one-day shipping. Will get it Tuesday and have it for the holiday weekend</font> :cool:

Destor
11-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Gotta say I lost my first three matches. After the first loss I dropped the dificulty down to the lowest and then lost two more time before I plugged in a second controller just so I could get the timing down, and even after that I had to take guys like Andr'e and wrestle chick so I could get the hang. Every since then I've been kicking ass and loving it though.

Evil Vito
11-17-2007, 04:07 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I have a strange feeling that once I get this I'm gonna spend my entire holiday weekend making the whole WWE roster</font>

Xero
11-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Man, I haven't even hit Edit mode yet except for fixing a few appearances like Terry Funk. Spent a lot of time today renaming the rosters. Have all of America, Mexico, New Japan, All Japan, Zero One and Michinoku Pro renamed. Up to Dragon Gate.

Also got a Critical in about 43 game seconds in my first Gruesome match...

Evil Vito
11-17-2007, 09:12 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Truth be told, I'll probably only re-name the American/Mexican guys and a few Japanese guys.

I don't know most of the Japanese guys anyway and I doubt I'd really use them. I'm gonna be all about the edits</font>

Evil Vito
11-17-2007, 09:20 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Wow, just saw a pic. One guy went ahead and had 6 copies of the game shipped to his house so he can sell 5.

I might do that once GameStop gets a few copies</font> :o

Loose Cannon
11-17-2007, 09:30 PM
I was gonna one night ship from Amazon yesterday, but it's like $15.

I do kind of want to play it on Thurs though cause I'll be at my parents and that;s where the PS2 is

Evil Vito
11-17-2007, 09:34 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm impatient/paranoid that my Gamestop won't get any copies so I went ahead with one-night shipping. It's still half the price of a 360 game :D

According to some people if you want to do a REALLY good edit complete with precise attire, movesets, and logic it'll take a good 2 hours. Looks like it'll be awhile before I get those rosters done</font>

Destor
11-18-2007, 04:04 AM
Just re-named everyone, only logged on cause I missed three guys...

Funky Fly
11-18-2007, 04:11 AM
K, so back to this action replay max ish? Tell me about where I might acquire one and what benefits it has to offer.

Destor
11-18-2007, 04:23 AM
I got mine at Walmart, dunno about you canucks...

I heard you can download edits. How does that work?

Many FPR players who have been playing the Japanese version since September of 2005, have made literally thousands of wrestlers and numerous logos that can be downloaded. In order to do this, you need a save transfer device such as the Action Replay Max Drive. It's basically a USB drive and a PS2 software disk that lets you transfer the saves from your computer to the USB drive, then from the USB drive to your PS2 memory card via the PS2 software. The "AR Max" and the "Max Drive" are the same thing. They can be had for about $30 at various gaming stores, websites and ebay. Just make sure to get the one with the USB drive. It is also VERY useful for backing up all of your PS2 data, in case of a memory card corruption.

You also have to have a 2nd memory card to do the transfer. Memory Card 1 (the one you put in slot 1 on your PS2) will contain your Primary FPR save file. The one you're building and working on. Memory Card 2 will be where you temporarily put edit packs (which are just FPR save files with a bunch of edits on them). FPR actually has a function in the game that allows you to copy edits from a save file on another memory card. So you put the edit pack on Memory Card 2, fire up FPR, go to the Wrestler Copy section and copy the edits from Memory Card 2. When you have gotten all the wrestlers/logos you want from the edit pack, you can delete it from Memory Card 2.

There are many edit packs available to download on www.fireproclub.com/fpr.html and the "Critical Media" forum on the www.fireproclub.com forums (you have to be a member to download the saves).

Evil Vito
11-18-2007, 11:05 AM
<font color=goldenrod>That sounds pretty intriguing...plus with that added to the amount I've spent on the game including shipping it still equals the price of a single 360 game

Doubt I'll get it though...I mean I'd use the AR Max for this game only. Kinda think I'd rather make my own edits and have total control</font>

Loose Cannon
11-18-2007, 11:35 AM
yea, I may pick that up. just because I know I am very lazy and get bored very quickly on the creation stuff. Like it'll satisfy me if they ever came out with technology where the computer can read your mind and just create everything for you. lol

my fiancee is heading to the mall right now and I asked her to stop by Gamestop. shot in the dark. There's another gamestop about 2 miles from me I'll try later when football is over. Can't play it till Thurs though anyway

Xero
11-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Just a clarification: You need the Action Replay Max EVO edition, that's the one that comes with the USB drive.

I'm going to be getting one. I can't see how anyone could create 500 wrestlers. The creation itself isn't too hard (made a half-decent Shawn Michaels) but there are so many moves that you have to scroll A LOT.

Evil Vito
11-18-2007, 12:37 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Ah hell with it...I just read how you have to go about making logos. Will take ages. Guess I'll get the AR Max EVO

Though apparently you can use Codebreaker as well ($10 cheaper) but you have to convert the files...might try that</font>

CSL
11-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Action Replay's are well worth the money imo.

Any news on a Europe date for this yet? The Aussie one's out in February so I'd have thought we'd get it before or at the same time.

Evil Vito
11-18-2007, 02:34 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I honestly might buy an Action Replay, download the most recent packs, and return it a day later saying its defective or something :o This literally is the only thing I'd want it for</font>

Evil Vito
11-18-2007, 04:16 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Hmm....apparently you can use a digital camera for saves as long as it has a USB port

I haven't got one, but I DO have an MP3 player/storage device that I used to transfer files (including full programs) from my old computer to my new one. And it has a USB....might try it out</font>

Xero
11-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, if it doesn't work you could probably pick up a really cheap USB thumb drive at a place like Staples. I bought one there for under $5 at the checkout counter...

Just did Shawn Michaels (Need to work some kinks out with him) vs. Bret. Super Kick to Sharpshooter, Bret tapping. :cool:

Loose Cannon
11-18-2007, 08:32 PM
neither Gamestops had it errr. Mall one gets it Wed. I'm going to go tomorrow and see if I can reserve it at least. dunno if you can do that.

Xero, IM me if your ever on AIM if you can. I wanna talk to you about the game

What Would Kevin Do?
11-19-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm trying to figure out if it's worth me buying again. I won't be able to convert my current save over so it's usable with my PS3, outside of buying an adaptor. And I really don't feel like recreating my personal CAWs.

Meh.

Evil Vito
11-19-2007, 12:34 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah so the whole MP3 player experiment failed

Gonna have to grab an AR Max I guess.......thankfully I still have a Gamestop receipt and at the bottom it says that opened accessories can be returned within a week. I'll probably do that</font>

redoneja
11-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Wait, are American wrestlers already in the game just with different names and attires a la Fire Pro 2 for GBA or do you have to create them from scratch?

Xero
11-19-2007, 01:09 AM
There are a few American wrestlers in the game.

Bam Bam Bigelow, Davey Boy Smith, Bret Hart, Petey Williams, Vader and AJ Styles to name a few. And there are a lot of heads for other wrestlers, like X Pac, Shawn Michaels and quite a few others.

Fignuts
11-19-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm trying to figure out if it's worth me buying again. I won't be able to convert my current save over so it's usable with my PS3, outside of buying an adaptor. And I really don't feel like recreating my personal CAWs.

Meh.

Its worth it if you cant navigate logic in the japanese version.(which is pretty dificult to do if you don't know japanese)

Being able to tweak the logic of your edits adds so much to the experience.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-19-2007, 02:06 AM
I already can. And anything I can't recall on my own, I can just grab from an FAQ.

Loose Cannon
11-19-2007, 10:25 AM
ordered it from Amazon. figured the price from Amazon plus 2 day would be about the same as getting it from Gamestop + tax. really excited. haven't played a new game in about 2 years now.

DaveBrawl
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
How well does this work with the PS3? I know the PS2 Madden 08 was terrible on PS3 it would freeze and make wierd noises everytime you tried to kick the ball, yet my PS1 games work fine. So I'm a little gunshy and I'm gonna be very upset if I traded in my PS2 a week ago and this doesn't work.

I don't know if anyone has tried this yet, but are you able to use the jump drives to transfer edits/saves to use in the game like someone suggested earlier?

DaveBrawl
11-20-2007, 09:34 AM
OK if anyone is wondering it does work great on the PS3. Still haven't tried the save thing yet though.

Evil Vito
11-22-2007, 01:15 PM
<font color=goldenrod>This game rules :cool:

Picked up a Codebreaker for just $20. Got a bunch of edits

Finally won a match, as Chris Jericho (entering 5th), I ousted Triple H, Umaga, Jeff Hardy, Snitsky, Ken Kennedy, Shawn Michaels, and Randy Orton in a Royal Rumble-style battle royal</font> :cool:

Fignuts
11-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Vito I wouldn't be against using the Japanese guys. Just because you don't know a wrestler doesn't mean he's not fun to use. Ther are a ton of guys with some KILLER movesets.

I should add that I got into puroresu(japanese wrestling) through videogames, and it opened up a whole new world for me. Might do the same for you.

Xero
11-22-2007, 02:54 PM
I've been mixing it up. Since I don't have a transfer device and can't be assed to figure out the logic and proper parameters I use a lot of the roster. I use KENTA a lot. And the Dragon Gate guys.

Loose Cannon
11-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Great Game. Some things I don't like about it and some things I love. I hate how it's impossible to hit a drop kick or any kind of kick. I don't like how you just can't run at them without hitting the ropes first. I love the eight man battle royal though. I just played one with all the American guys and some Jap that got eliminated first. lol, fuck you Fignuts.

nah, the Japs are cool. I was Baba for one game. I don't know how to create people though. I see there is an edit option, but I can't find the create. must be blind

Loose Cannon
11-22-2007, 05:45 PM
k, scracth that, I found out how to run without hitting the ropes. and I found how to create. How the hell do you pick up weapons though?

and I did a 4 on 1 inside a cage match. beat the shit out of one of the nWo Japan guys. I can't remember his name for the life on me. it was awesome. I was Steve Williams and he can do a fuckin fireball. lol

Xero
11-22-2007, 06:19 PM
To pick up weapons you need hit Triangle+Down. It takes some practice. I've noticed that for things like the Kendo Stick and the chair you need to be positioned a bit closer to the side you would realistically pick it up (the handle and legs respectivly). Also, to pick up a light tube (CZW11!!1) in the deathmatch you hit Triangle+the direction the board is in.

As for strikes, yeah, they can be a pain to pull off. I'm still learning when to time them/line them up, especially running strikes. Love KENTA's running kick.

Evil Vito
11-22-2007, 07:24 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Nah I'm not against using the Japanese guys at all...I just need to figure out which ones are good.

The edit pack I d/led is missing a few WWE guys (Highlanders, McIntyre, Cody, Jesse and Festus) and TNA guys (Elix Skipper, Black Reign, Rellik)...so I'm gonna create them and then probably do a whole TNA vs. WWE sim circuit. Gonna be a blast</font> :cool:

Blitz
11-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Someone tell me Masato Yoshino is in this game.

Fignuts
11-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Indeed he is.

Blitz
11-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Sexy. Have this by Monday.

Vietnamese Crippler
11-23-2007, 02:43 AM
Well, download and installed on my hard drive.

Is it just me or is the timing 10x harder than it was on the GBA games :mad:

Vietnamese Crippler
11-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Whoo, fucking 0-9 :'(

Fignuts
11-23-2007, 09:51 AM
VC, its not harder, just different. Best way to learn is to listen instead of look. Just as the wrestlers lock up there is a sound effect of their weight shifting. You want to time it so the button is pressed directly after that sound ends. Try this on level 1 difficulty. Once you get the hang of it, you'll find yourself not even listening anymore because it will become second nature.

Vietnamese Crippler
11-23-2007, 03:06 PM
VC, its not harder, just different. Best way to learn is to listen instead of look. Just as the wrestlers lock up there is a sound effect of their weight shifting. You want to time it so the button is pressed directly after that sound ends. Try this on level 1 difficulty. Once you get the hang of it, you'll find yourself not even listening anymore because it will become second nature.

I can definitely hear the shuffling, but maybe I'm too slow, I dunno :o

Fignuts
11-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah don't move to press the button after the sound, it has to be pressed right as the sound ends. Sounds harder than it is, really. Keep trying though, becuse once you get it, you will GET IT.

Funky Fly
11-23-2007, 08:47 PM
K, fuck gamestop, gonna Amazon this shit.

KingofOldSchool
11-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Okay so my Action Replay disc won't read on my PS2 so I can't use that to transfer the updated roster onto my memory card.

Is there another way to do this?

Xero
11-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Not without another cheat/transfer device like the Codebreaker or a modded PS2.

Evil Vito
11-23-2007, 09:29 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I used a Codebreaker. Version 8 and up will work. Like $20.

Playing with real people is a blast.</font>

KingofOldSchool
11-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Oooookay.

Is there a site I could goto to get CAWs for the game and stuff? There is no way in hell I'm throwing down more money for something I'm only going to use once or twice.

Xero
11-23-2007, 10:27 PM
People are pretty much refusing to type up full formulas because they're way too involved. You may get a few here or there, but for the most part it's going to all be packs unfortunately.

You should try Toys R Us, apparently they've marked down Codebreakers to $6.

Funky Fly
11-23-2007, 11:24 PM
So wait, the code breaker has all the renamed people or what?

Fignuts
11-24-2007, 02:50 AM
Fuck that, now that I can read the logic section, I'll make my own edits.

Xero
11-24-2007, 09:41 AM
So wait, the code breaker has all the renamed people or what?

The saves are pretty much universal. You just need to convert them. I've heard they work with Codebreakers, ARMax's and Gameshark Sharkports.