PDA

View Full Version : Speculation about Cena's rapid regeneration skills

Tommy Gunn
01-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Where's the sauce.

Bad Company
01-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Yesterday I decided to play Smackdown vs Raw with some friends, I powerbombed cena from the top of the cell to the ground, he got straight back up, walked into the cell, fu'd the undertaker, and won.

Pretty sure he's superman.

Xero
01-30-2008, 07:24 PM
His chain gives him +1000 health regeneration per day.

Inadequacy
01-30-2008, 07:38 PM
He;s just living the gimmick

DaVe
01-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Yesterday I decided to play Smackdown vs Raw with some friends, I powerbombed cena from the top of the cell to the ground, he got straight back up, walked into the cell, fu'd the undertaker, and won.

Lmao. I haven't played any recent wrestling games since I don't own any consoles - does that game have any 'physics' in it?

In regards to this topic I don't have much to add to the original post.

Inadequacy
01-30-2008, 07:45 PM

Thanks for trying

Bad Company
01-30-2008, 07:46 PM

Lmao. I haven't played any recent wrestling games since I don't own any consoles - does that game have any 'physics' in it?

He folded like a $2 Ladder when he hit the ground. I thought he was dead. I was wrong.

Kane Knight
01-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Smackdown has a very shitty physics engine in it.

Anyway, Steroids can accelerate the healing process, so I assumed that was gonna be mentioned already.

Mostly, I'm pretty sure he's not completely healed.

thedamndest
01-30-2008, 08:32 PM
There is probably a basement full of extra Cenas in water tanks, like at the end of the Prestige.

BigDaddyCool
01-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I have 2 theories. !) It was a work. 2) He is going to end up reinurying himself out of a career.

The Lone Wolf
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM
He probably wont wrestle until nwo and even then it will probably be a short match. my guess, he wont wrestle a full match until mania.

Fox
01-30-2008, 11:14 PM
I think they over-exaggerated the extent of his injuries from day one.

Dave Youell
01-31-2008, 03:55 AM
I think that he's actually part machine.

It matches his OVW gimmick

Xerzes
01-31-2008, 03:58 AM
Pact with the devil.

Tommy Gunn
01-31-2008, 06:06 AM
There is probably a basement full of extra Cenas in water tanks, like at the end of the Prestige.

:lol: That is one of the best films I've seen in years.

Indifferent Clox
01-31-2008, 06:31 AM
I am pretty sure it wasn't a work he has the scar and shit.

Tornado
01-31-2008, 07:58 AM
He is definatly not at 100%, he wasn't in there long, and I very much doubt we'll see him wrestle before NWO.

Either that or steroids.

Yeah...steroids.

.44 Magdalene
01-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Which is really competing amongst a number of things about this for the title of ...what pisses me off the most. Me and this guy at my work were joking that Cena would come back early, run into the ring with his arm in a sling, stare at everyone until they jumped out of the ring, and officially be declared winner of the Rumble.

That's too close to what actually happened.

.44 Magdalene
01-31-2008, 08:10 AM
I mean, fuck, could they just not wait any longer? Were things that goddamn bad without Cena?

The Optimist
01-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Clearly, Vince thinks it was. Despite pushing Hardy and bringing back Jericho, Cena is obviously the wave of the future.

.44 Magdalene
01-31-2008, 09:51 AM
Clearly, Vince thinks it was. Despite pushing Hardy and bringing back Jericho, Cena is obviously a robot sent from the future.

Tommy Gunn
01-31-2008, 11:25 AM
Cena doesn't feel pain, he can't be bargained with, can't be reasoned with, and he'll never stop, until God takes away his push.

.44 Magdalene
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Cena doesn't feel pain, he can't be bargained with, can't be reasoned with, and he'll never stop, until he overcomes the odds, no-sells God, gets the win and thus undoes existence.

Kane Knight
01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I mean, fuck, could they just not wait any longer? Were things that goddamn bad without Cena?

Yeah.

Nark Order
01-31-2008, 01:59 PM
No they weren't. If anything, they were right on track to create something new and compelling. The Hardy/Orton, JBL/Orton, Edge winning the title via dopplegangers, and Punk/Chavo angles have been golden. It was something new to see, there were some new guys to get behind. It wasn't the same "ME CENA. ME SMASH. ME BEAT EVERYONE WITH THE TIP OF MY PINKY TOE. CHAMP IS HERE." every single fucking day. This Cena business is out of control. How many clues do they need? He gets booed out of MSG ON HIS FACE RETURN, he gets booed in Philly almost as badly, and had been booed almost every night before his injury. If he were trying to get boos it would be one thing, but the people just HATE the man. They don't want him on television anymore and are trying SO desperately to make McMahon realize this but he won't take the hints.

Shadow
01-31-2008, 02:06 PM
I figured it out.

Cena is really....Wolverine.

Shaggy
01-31-2008, 02:36 PM
No they weren't. If anything, they were right on track to create something new and compelling. The Hardy/Orton, JBL/Orton, Edge winning the title via dopplegangers, and Punk/Chavo angles have been golden. It was something new to see, there were some new guys to get behind. It wasn't the same "ME CENA. ME SMASH. ME BEAT EVERYONE WITH THE TIP OF MY PINKY TOE. CHAMP IS HERE." every single fucking day. This Cena business is out of control. How many clues do they need? He gets booed out of MSG ON HIS FACE RETURN, he gets booed in Philly almost as badly, and had been booed almost every night before his injury. If he were trying to get boos it would be one thing, but the people just HATE the man. They don't want him on television anymore and are trying SO desperately to make McMahon realize this but he won't take the hints.

:yes:

Renaissance man
02-01-2008, 12:47 AM
I wish Vince would stop pushing Cena down our throughts. He clearly isn't the future of the wwe nor will he ever be.

El Fangel
02-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Clearly, Vince thinks it was. Pushing Hardy and bringing back Jericho, Cena is obviously the wave of the future.

BigDaddyCool
02-01-2008, 10:39 AM
I figured it out.

Cena is really....Wolverine.

Wrong, people like Wolverine. Cena is that superman remake...um, Steele I think. You know, the black superman.

Lock Jaw
02-01-2008, 10:51 AM
He's a gashead!

Team Sheep
02-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Lol I was watching the Rumble and my dad was just in the room at the time, he's not a fan or anything, but he was watching Soccer AM on Saturday and Cena made a special appearance on there. So my dad was like Cena's gonna come in at number 30 just joking around cause he knows nothing about wrestling and he was like the only name he knew. And I said shut up he's not scheduled to be back for months yet, he had a really serious injury. When the hooter sounded for #30 and his music hit I just stared at my dad and shook my head.

JT
02-01-2008, 11:52 AM
IT'S YOUR DAD'S FAULT!!! :rant:

Jura
02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
The next day Team Sheep's father was found dead.

Slow
02-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Maybe if we pray to the hWo Hassan will come back froma time warp to somehow freeze cena and shatter his body into millions of pieces

... only for JBL's new pyro to heat up the pieces, causing cena to liquidise and reform, until hassan throws him into a container of molten metal destroying him forever

Fox
02-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I wonder if they will ever push another wrestler to be on equal ground with Cena. I mean, that's the problem with him, isn't it? There's no conflict with Cena because you know he's going to win, and he has no fire in his charisma, although he does have a lot of charisma.

Austin had Rock and Triple H. Rock had Triple H and Kurt Angle. Lesnar had Kurt Angle and Big Show (to an extent). Even Eddie Guerrero had JBL to challenge him during his short reign as champ.

But Cena? Cena just kicks the living shit out of everyone, leaves his feud as the clear, decisive BETTER MAN, and never returns to feud with them again. He's gone over everyone from Triple H to Edge to HBK to Jericho to Christian, all of the hoss-monsters. And all of the "up and comers" like Kennedy and Umaga have already done the job to him, so it's not like they can "rise up" to his level when they can't even rise up above the levels of HHH and Michaels, who Cena already beat. Who's left for him to wrestle and be the least bit entertaining? Randy Orton? Yeah the fuck right. Orton's been beat by Undertaker and Triple H too many times to look like a credible match to wrestle Cena.

It's like we'd have to have Stone Cold and The Rock return just to have an interesting Cena feud, and even then, he'd still probably fucking go over.

Slow
02-01-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm looking to Undertaker and Batista, Undertaker certainly wouldn't job to cena, in fact he has a 1-0 over him (something like that, i'm not a statistics person).

HTrain90
02-01-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't think Cena is completely healed, but he's obviously got full range of motion and a good deal of strength back.

I really don't think he'll wrestle until No Way Out. Since they have two chamber matches, Orton/Cena won't be the main event spot, so they can go 15 minutes and get away with it, not really risking further injury. By Mania he'll be in better shape and be able to pull off a main event with Trips, which was supposed to happen last year.

I think Cena's just busting his ass trying to get back for Mania to pull off the Main Event with Hunter while keeping himself from getting too beat up in the process.

The Optimist
02-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Wrong, people like Wolverine. Cena is that superman remake...um, Steele I think. You know, the black superman.Children and casual fans like Wolverine. Snyone who reads comics more thougroughly(is enough of a nerd) soon becomes disgusted with how overpowered and oversaturated Wolverine has become because he's popular. Some hate the character more for this than others, but it's pretty thoroughly agreed that he's overplayed.

Steel is like street level Superman, so he's basically unused and overshadowed. Kane is more like Steel, with Undertaker being metaphorical Superman.