PDA

View Full Version : So, what IS The Undertaker, exactly?

Xero
05-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Taking his entire WWF run into account, he started out as essentially an Undertaker, but eventually turned "undead". He's "died" at least four times, the third of which he returned as a living Biker. His fourth death put him back in undead/zombie status, except he inherited the traits of the American Bad Ass (and found a hat).

What exactly is he? What can die multiple times, come back to life, then die again?

Anybody Thrilla
05-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Suspension of disbelief is the name of the game. Just enjoy the character or GTFO.

Xero
05-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Suspension of belief != looking for an explanation.

Believe me, if that were true I'd be asking what the fuck's up with Snitsky's undefeated transition.

Anybody Thrilla
05-21-2008, 09:22 PM
So posing the question "So, what IS The Undertaker exactly?" isn't looking for an explanation?

Kenny
05-21-2008, 09:25 PM
The Undertaker has died 4 times in his feud with Randy Orton alone. lol

What IS The Undertaker? The Undertaker is an undead monster who sometime struggles with human interests. All those years of being silent and building caskets finally caused him to crack, and become a leader of a Satanist cult. After taking some time off to rethink his personal choices, he decided to start collecting motorcycles and joyriding to help eliminate his satanist tendencies. He also got married.

Like many other monsters (take Shrek for example), The Undertaker realized that he is who he is. He's an undead monster, so he started wearing all black and dying again.

Understand?

Xero
05-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah, it is, but it doesn't mean I'm not suspending my disbelief.

Anybody Thrilla
05-21-2008, 09:30 PM
If you were truly suspending it, YOU WOULDN'T CARE.

Xero
05-21-2008, 09:39 PM
If I "truly" suspended disbelief, by your definition, I'd still enjoy the product.

But I don't, because I only partially suspend it to a sane level.

Kane Knight
05-21-2008, 09:42 PM
If you were truly suspending it, YOU WOULDN'T CARE.

False.

Indifferent Clox
05-21-2008, 09:46 PM
He's a God.

The Optimist
05-21-2008, 10:03 PM
He was a zombie, obviously not a Romero zombie but a zombie none the less. I'm thinking like Solomon Grundy. Every time he died and came back he gained more control and intelligence. He's gone from needing a leader to being independent enough to wrestle alone to having emotions to being intelligent enough to thinking himself a prophet but still be fooled by Vince until the point where he was able to live like a normal human and marry and assume hobbies like riding motorcycles and training in mixed martial arts. After Kane threw a piss party and went crazy about how human he was, he himself realized that he was far more powerful if he could inspire fear in his opponents and now portrays his scary zombie-super powers but keeps his personal life to himself.

If you look at it, the more he dies the more successful he becomes.

The Optimist
05-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Have fun picking that idea apart.

Mayo
05-21-2008, 10:50 PM
What about when Michael Cole started explaining his behaviour as an altered state of mind and that he just conditioned himself to not feel pain? That lasted for a month or so sometime after he last came back as the Deadman I believe.

Indifferent Clox
05-21-2008, 10:59 PM
He was a zombie, obviously not a Romero zombie but a zombie none the less. I'm thinking like Solomon Grundy. Every time he died and came back he gained more control and intelligence. He's gone from needing a leader to being independent enough to wrestle alone to having emotions to being intelligent enough to thinking himself a prophet but still be fooled by Vince until the point where he was able to live like a normal human and marry and assume hobbies like riding motorcycles and training in mixed martial arts. After Kane threw a piss party and went crazy about how human he was, he himself realized that he was far more powerful if he could inspire fear in his opponents and now portrays his scary zombie-super powers but keeps his personal life to himself.

If you look at it, the more he dies the more successful he becomes.

Amazing Char dev. if only that was really what WWE had in mind.

thedamndest
05-22-2008, 06:54 AM
He explained it the first time he died (against Yoko) "The spirit of the Undertaker lives within the soul of all mankind..." So he is some kind of incarnation of our thoughts and demons in wrestling form. Now with a hat again.

Hanso Amore
05-22-2008, 08:34 AM
SO he is our collective Tyler Durden?

Mind Fuck

Hanso Amore
05-22-2008, 08:35 AM

Mind Fuck

Jura
05-22-2008, 08:37 AM
He is the Fundertaker.

Londoner
05-22-2008, 08:38 AM

Mind Fuck

Such a mind fuck that you had to double post? ;)

Hanso Amore
05-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Honestly, they should have went a different route when Kane "killed" him last time.

Instead of comign back as undead, he should have just been the same thing, btu was just a dark and jaded version of Biker taker.

I would rather him be a goth than a zombie.

DMI
05-22-2008, 08:40 AM
sexy

Hanso Amore
05-22-2008, 08:41 AM
I didnt double post, I posted once, Taker Durden was the other

Kane Knight
05-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Honestly, they should have went a different route when Kane "killed" him last time.

Instead of comign back as undead, he should have just been the same thing, btu was just a dark and jaded version of Biker taker.

I would rather him be a goth than a zombie.

"Why don't you like me? Is it because I'm different? You'll be sorry when I'm gone! I will REST. IN. PEACE."

The Optimist
05-22-2008, 08:47 AM
He's just acting like a stereotype zombie, wrestling fans are idiots and will believe anything. Taker knows this.

Also, Goth Taker would be gay.

Kane Knight
05-22-2008, 08:50 AM
As opposed to a wrestler who used to wear purple gloves.

The Optimist
05-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Prince wears purple, he has sex with more women than is statistically possible.

Hanso Amore
05-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Prince also wears assless pants.

I have to get me some assless pants....

Anybody Thrilla
05-22-2008, 10:16 AM
The Undertaker exactly is a machination of a creative team trying to keep the same person entertaining for something like eighteen years. Fair shout to that.

Kane Knight
05-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Prince wears purple, he has sex with more women than is statistically possible.

Yeah, and Freddie Mercury was knee deep in pussy every night for a decade. Doesn't make him any less a fag.

RVDmark
05-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Maybe he's half man, half amazing. No. Wait...:shifty:

Theo Dious
05-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, and Freddie Mercury was knee deep in pussy every night for a decade. Doesn't make him any less a fag.

We had this argument months ago. Freddie Mercury was more man than the rest of the men on Earth put together, and the one world government elitists killed him for it and then told everyone he was gay. :mad:

Xero
05-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Freddie Mercury was the straightest man in the world. So straight that he turned Chuck Norris gay.

SammyG
05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
*GONG* LIGHTNING RIP :mad:

Theo Dious
05-22-2008, 12:56 PM
He's a God.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say... YES!

Xero
05-22-2008, 01:27 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/itjustpoppedinthere.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/staypuftkhali.jpg

That's the origin of Khali, by the way.

Savio
05-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Taking his entire WWF run into account, he started out as essentially an Undertaker, but eventually turned "undead". He's "died" at least four times, the third of which he returned as a living Biker. His fourth death put him back in undead/zombie status, except he inherited the traits of the American Bad Ass (and found a hat).

What exactly is he? What can die multiple times, come back to life, then die again?
Orton actually killed him twice.

thedamndest
05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
How would you feel if they tried to pull a heel turn for Taker where somebody comes out and says he isn't the real one, but that Dibiase actually DID have the real one all along so the guy we've been supporting for the last decade has been the impostor while the real Undertaker RIPed at Summerslam '94, maybe trying to make a comeback through ECW as "The Zombie."

Indifferent Clox
05-22-2008, 05:42 PM
All but the last part might be interesting.

thedamndest
05-22-2008, 05:45 PM
No no, none of it would be interesting.

Kenny
05-22-2008, 08:47 PM
What about when Michael Cole started explaining his behaviour as an altered state of mind and that he just conditioned himself to not feel pain? That lasted for a month or so sometime after he last came back as the Deadman I believe.

LoL, I remember that. On Smackdown, Michael Cole asked "Some people want to know, is the Undertaker REALLY dead?" Tazz then gave the condition answer.

Then, at Judgment Day when Taker fought Booker T, Tazz asked "Some people want to know, is the Undertaker Really dead?" Michael Cole then gave a word for word explanation that Tazz just told him.

Mr. Nerfect
05-22-2008, 10:56 PM
There are probably two ways of looking at The Undertaker: One is that he is a regular guy who has conditioned himself to not feel pain, who created a character for himself with help from Paul Bearer, and has become "The Dead Man" as a result.

The other is that he actually does die, and he makes a deal with the devil each time, and comes back with a different array of powers. He once did horrible things for his humanity, and then he traded it in for the dark powers he needed to defeat Kane in nine minutes at WrestleMania XX, and then he traded in for wrestling and MMA skill.

I don't know, that's the only way I can explain that shit.