PDA

View Full Version : Move away Rey Mysterio Jr., CM Punk is next to be the worst Champion ever....

PullMyFinger
07-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Aside from being booked as the next 1 2 3 Kid who got lucky, and is barely managing to pass through the obstacles he faces as champion every week...I read this on Rajah.com...

In the dark match after RAW this week, Batista squashed CM Punk with a spinebuster for the 3-count in approximately one minute. A correspondent who Emailed me from the event noted that Kane got a better pop than Punk did before their match during RAW and fans were behind Batista during the dark match main event.

Mister Sinister
07-15-2008, 04:35 AM
I take this the same way, as I read a Kane Knight Post.

I just roll my eyes, and find something else to click.

Honestly, I think it's a fake.

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2008, 06:10 AM
Yeah, doubt it happened like that. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if everything was a conspiracy to completely ruin CM Punk and sink the RAW brand. :shifty:

Rob
07-15-2008, 06:13 AM
It made me laugh seeing him get killed by Batista and Kane. Reminded me of Jamie Noble except Noble is more entertaining.

I heard of the hearts of millions of internet wrestling geeks break during Raw.

Londoner
07-15-2008, 07:14 AM
CM Punk really looks out of place as champ on raw, would be better off on smackdown if HHH wasn't there.

The Mackem
07-15-2008, 08:00 AM
I say it's time to drop the belt.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 08:51 AM
IT WAS A DARK MATCH

Do you know how many World Champs get squashed by Cena and Batista after Raw/Smackdown has gone of the air each week?

Nothing new, get over it.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Oh and at least Punk has won television matches since winning the title, unlike Mysterio who lost like every match he was in.

Kane Knight
07-15-2008, 09:02 AM
LOL.

I was going to make a tongue in cheek post asking how bad Punk was being buried, but it looks like smark fanaticism has made it less a joke and more a "real" issue.

The Mackem
07-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah tongue in cheek from me up there.

The Mackem
07-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Oh and at least Punk has won television matches since winning the title, unlike Mysterio who lost like every match he was in.

PUNK IS NOT COMING OUT

BigDaddyCool
07-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Yes Punk won the match in a bitch sorta way.

BigDaddyCool
07-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Part of CM Punk's problem is the GTS. When you are world champion in WWE, you aren't facing guys that are 6' nothing 230 lbs, instead you are facing guys who are at least 6'4" and 260 lbs. But more like 6'8" 300+ guy will be coming at you as well. And with CM Punk being so small, the GTS isn't going to be believeable on a guy like Kane. Now look at Shawn Micheals, sweet chin music can be done on anyone, anytime, anywhere. GTS can't be. Punk should have thought about that.

Kane Knight
07-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah tongue in cheek from me up there.

To be honest, I didn't notice you responded. I only look for BDC and Noid posts. Ironically, for the same reason....

Kane Knight
07-15-2008, 10:08 AM
And before any morons BAWWWW about that last post, it was a joke. It shouldn't need to be said, but just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean it was intended as a serious testimonial.

Fox
07-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Punk loses the belt at GAB, and goes on to feud with Kane until Summerslam.

Bet on it.

The Mackem
07-15-2008, 10:10 AM
DISCLAIMER

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 10:11 AM
And before any morons BAWWWW about that last post, it was a joke. It shouldn't need to be said, but just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean it was intended as a serious testimonial.

I'm offended by your post. :mad:

Londoner
07-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Part of CM Punk's problem is the GTS. When you are world champion in WWE, you aren't facing guys that are 6' nothing 230 lbs, instead you are facing guys who are at least 6'4" and 260 lbs. But more like 6'8" 300+ guy will be coming at you as well. And with CM Punk being so small, the GTS isn't going to be believeable on a guy like Kane. Now look at Shawn Micheals, sweet chin music can be done on anyone, anytime, anywhere. GTS can't be. Punk should have thought about that.

Amazingly we agree on something.

BigDaddyCool
07-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm glad TL can be reasoned with. Also, as much as I hate the codebreaker because it looks retarded, it is a better choice for someone Jericho/CM Punk/Shawn Michael's size than the GTS.

Londoner
07-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Yeah i'm not the biggest fan of the codebreaker but its good enough. Probably not really a finishing move for a heel though.

BigDaddyCool
07-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Now, Punk has that submission hold, he needs to start breaking that out, it could be used well agings the asthmatic Batista.

CSL
07-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I don't think Punk would have a problem using the GTS. If he can get Snitsky and JBL up and over for it, he can do just about anybody with obvious exceptions (Henry, Khali, BDV etc) which, should he ever feud with those guys, could add something in a 'how is he gonna win?' kind of way. How willing somebody like Bats is to take the GTS after breaking Snitsky's face is another story though

Should def. bust out the Anaconda Vice now and again though ala Rock/Sharpshooter, Cena/STFU etc

Fox
07-15-2008, 10:46 AM
He did break Snitsky's nose, which isn't exactly what I would consider "up and over for it."

Innovator
07-15-2008, 10:48 AM
If Punk put the Vice on Batista, Dancin Dave would tear his tricep

CSL
07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
He did break Snitsky's nose, which isn't exactly what I would consider "up and over for it."

So he didn't push him off his shoulders, up and over his head and complete the move?

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Punk needs to use the Devil Lock DDT.

BigDaddyCool
07-15-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm willing to bet that CM Punk can't do the GTS safely with a guy the size of Snitsky.

Fox
07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
So he didn't push him off his shoulders, up and over his head and complete the move?

Part of the art of being a pro wrestler is making things look good while NOT hurting your opponent. So, while he did complete the move, he also botched it, and you have to know that it's because Snitsky is so heavy that he didn't have full control of his knee. And this is a problem.

CSL
07-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Part of the art of being a pro wrestler is making things look good while NOT hurting your opponent.

No shit. Unless you're an indy darling then you can hurt who you want because 'this is awesome'

So, while he did complete the move, he also botched it, and you have to know that it's because Snitsky is so heavy that he didn't have full control of his knee. And this is a problem.

Well then I think he should go for a 'Best of 3' series. He's done it safely on JBL and fucked up Snitsky. 1-1. Try it on Bats. If he does it safely, Punk keeps GTS as his finish. If he fucks up Bats, Dave can't attempt to express any 'emotions' through his face and RAW becomes more believeable. Win-win

Kane Knight
07-15-2008, 11:30 AM
GTS sucks anyway.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Actually Snitsky didn't take the move properly, he pretty much dead weighted himself which caused Punk to pick him up. And to top it all off Snitsky didn't even protect his face when he was going down.

It wasn't Punk's fault. Blame it on Snitsky being a damn slug.

Rammsteinmad
07-15-2008, 11:39 AM
I was thinking that this morning (the whole Punk/Rey comparison). If they're gonna let him retain at GAB then Punk desperately needs to win clean. And not some "surprise roll up" etc... Either make Bastista tap or get him with the GTS fair-and-square.

Otherwise, say hello to Rey Mysterio no. 2.

BigDaddyCool
07-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Actually Snitsky didn't take the move properly, he pretty much dead weighted himself which caused Punk to pick him up. And to top it all off Snitsky didn't even protect his face when he was going down.

Um, it was Snitsky's fault, he has a song and everything to prove it...or does that only apply to Kane's unborn dead baby?

Fox
07-15-2008, 11:52 AM

Are you saying it was Snitsky's fault...?

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/g/genesnitsky/19.jpg

Hanso Amore
07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Punk was stupid to do a move like that on such a big guy, its unsafe, and Snitsky is an idiot for not taking it right.

They are both to blame.

Just be glad its a jobber. If he fucks up Bats his career is over.

Also, you realize that with Punk getting bitched, there is no way he DOESNT win this weekend. WWE logic.

He is an underdog, so he will get beat down, but since he isnt on top going in, he will win.

Innovator
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
To be Rey Rey No. 2, Punk has to job cleanly for weeks at a time as champion, then pull out fluke wins

Kane Knight
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Punk was stupid to do a move like that on such a big guy, its unsafe, and Snitsky is an idiot for not taking it right.

They are both to blame.

Just be glad its a jobber. If he fucks up Bats his career is over.

Also, you realize that with Punk getting bitched, there is no way he DOESNT win this weekend. WWE logic.

He is an underdog, so he will get beat down, but since he isnt on top going in, he will win.

What? What are you saying? Why do you think CM Punk sucks? I don't understand!

What Would Kevin Do?
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
If Snitsky did dead weight Punk, it's his own damn fault. When Holly did it to Brock, and got fucked up, no one bitched about it being Brock's fault. Wrestler's are suppose to help each other, period.

GTS is a pretty effective finisher, assuming the person sells it right too. Outside of maybe 5% of the roster, I'm sure Punk can hit most people with it. The exceptions being people like Henry, Big Show, Khali, Umaga,, maybe Batista/Kane, etc. WWE doesn't have tons of people over 300 lbs.

Punk needs to come up with a good variation of it too, that way they can build up the knee to the face more than the firemen's carry part.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Also, KENTA's Go 2 SLEEP > Punk's Anaconda Vice > Punk's GTS > Pepsi Plunge.

Got the Pepsi Plunge is an awful finisher.

I'm also surprised no one has busted out KENTA's busaiku knee, or Nakajima/Roderick Strong's Sick Kick. Both would be could finishers for someone.

Innovator
07-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Dammit, I was just gonna say the Busaiku knee strike.

I miss the Vice, and yes the Plunge was a bad move, it took forever to set up.

Punk should go the way of Low Ki and start double stomping everyone he can't GTS

PullMyFinger
07-15-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm not really much of a CM Punk to begin with...and never followed his pre-WWE career. However, I would just think that if they made him champion, he should be a little bit more credible. His reign just annoys me in that he doesn't feel like a bigtime real champ. He feels like some kid that just luckily won it and is barely managing to keep up with it every week since. Maybe it's because PRIOR to all this, I would watch him on TV jobbing out to people like The Miz.

Idk, just my two cents. There's a huge difference though when you compare his reign to someone like Edge's reign or Batista's or Orton's where they are clearly the most top wrestler on their show.

Mr. Monday Morning
07-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Punk needs to come up with a good variation of it too, that way they can build up the knee to the face more than the firemen's carry part.

Pretty simple, just put someone on top and get them on to his shoulders that way a la Burning Hammer.

Can't believe all this fuss over a quote from fucking Rajah btw.

BigDaddyCool
07-15-2008, 02:49 PM
GTS is a pretty effective finisher, assuming the person sells it right too. Outside of maybe 5% of the roster, I'm sure Punk can hit most people with it. The exceptions being people like Henry, Big Show, Khali, Umaga,, maybe Batista/Kane, etc. WWE doesn't have tons of people over 300 lbs.

Techincally they do. The 5 you just named have a combined billed wieght of 2,203 lbs which is well above a ton, so techincally they do have tons of people over 300 lbs. Plus you forgot BDV, JBL, Snitsky, Festus, and Vladimir Kozlov. Oh, and Untertaker. Well maybe you didn't forget about Snitsky. But the fact is there are 10 or so guys I doubt Punk can safely preform the GTS on.

Stickman
07-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Honestly, I kind of like Punk's championship reign. If he could get some real wins it would be great.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2008, 03:49 PM

I don't think Punk came up with the finish, he's not an agent.

Juan
07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Aside from being booked as the next 1 2 3 Kid who got lucky, and is barely managing to pass through the obstacles he faces as champion every week...I read this on Rajah.com...

This is the most absurd thing I've read in a while.

Xero
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah, who takes Rajah.com as a serious news source?

ron the dial
07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
everyone is so quick to judge. let this thing play out.

Juan
07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Also, he didn't barely beat JBL, he didn't barely beat Snitsky and Kane seems to be in the middle of some kind of push so it wouldn't make much sense for him to lose cleanly. So where are you people getting the notion that he's barely winning from?

BigDaddyCool
07-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Beating Snitsky doesn't mean a god damn thing. He only beat JBL after Cena and Cryme Tyme came down and beat up JBL's goons and won by a distraction. While techincally no interference, Punk didn't get a completely clean win. Punk didn't make Kane tap or pin him cleanly. Oh, and he took advantage of a mauled and beat Edge to get the title in the first place. So while he is getting wins, they aren't worth that much for a guy that is suppose to be a face.

If Punk can win against Batista in a legit manner that would be great. If Punk wins via count out, or something else lame without turning heel, Punk will still look weak. If punk straight up loses he is a fluke.

I kinda like him and could see him going somewhere if they let him, but right now his title means nothing.

BigDaddyCool
07-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Also, Ray Masterio was never champion, so why does he need to move out of the way? So Punk is better than a nonchampion.

weather vane
07-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Move away.

PullMyFinger
07-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Beating Snitsky doesn't mean a god damn thing. He only beat JBL after Cena and Cryme Tyme came down and beat up JBL's goons and won by a distraction. While techincally no interference, Punk didn't get a completely clean win. Punk didn't make Kane tap or pin him cleanly. Oh, and he took advantage of a mauled and beat Edge to get the title in the first place. So while he is getting wins, they aren't worth that much for a guy that is suppose to be a face.

If Punk can win against Batista in a legit manner that would be great. If Punk wins via count out, or something else lame without turning heel, Punk will still look weak. If punk straight up loses he is a fluke.

I kinda like him and could see him going somewhere if they let him, but right now his title means nothing.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I'm not pro or anti-Punk, I could care less. But this guy is hardly seen as credible right now.

Prior to his draft to Raw, last time I saw the guy he tapped out to Regal at the KOTR Tourney on Raw and lost to the Miz on ECW one night.

Juan
07-15-2008, 05:53 PM

I just think people are reading too much into his matches. If he would've came out and dominated JBL and Kane, I'm sure people would be complaining about how a guy that was on a losing streak before he got drafted can come back and win those matches.

Too much nit picking going on for my tatse. I'd much rather watch Punk "barely" win and get "fluke" victories than have Cena or Batista as champ. It's like no matter what, the glass is always half empty around here.

Y2Ant
07-15-2008, 06:05 PM
I don't think Punk would have a problem using the GTS. If he can get Snitsky and JBL up and over for it, he can do just about anybody with obvious exceptions (Henry, Khali, BDV etc) which, should he ever feud with those guys, could add something in a 'how is he gonna win?' kind of way. How willing somebody like Bats is to take the GTS after breaking Snitsky's face is another story though

Should def. bust out the Anaconda Vice now and again though ala Rock/Sharpshooter, Cena/STFU etc

Couldn't agree more :o

The Mackem
07-15-2008, 06:34 PM
I just think people are reading too much into his matches. If he would've came out and dominated JBL and Kane, I'm sure people would be complaining about how a guy that was on a losing streak before he got drafted can come back and win those matches.

Too much nit picking going on for my tatse. I'd much rather watch Punk "barely" win and get "fluke" victories than have Cena or Batista as champ. It's like no matter what, the glass is always half empty around here.

He has to start turning them into clean victories somehow, he's got the title - time to start making him credible. No time to worry about the past.

Indifferent Clox
07-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Do you guys not realize that a guy his size can fireman's carry about 4x his weight? It's not difficult to firemans carry someone. That is why firemen use it to get people out of buildings your body can support 4x your weight on your shoulders if you have muscle.

#1-norm-fan
07-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, everyone who is harping on the fact that Punk hasn't gotten any clean wins against quality opponents needs to remember, he has had the title for all of 3 raws...

While beating Snitsky isn't the biggest accomplishment, it was a RAW match, not really intended to do anything more than give Punk a W. The other matches serves their purpose. We have yet to see Punk defend the title in a PPV match where the outcome actually matter so let's hold off. If he can beat Batista cleanly (Which I can actually see happening) then the argument is pretty much void.

IC Champion
07-15-2008, 08:37 PM
All I know is Punk has been getting some lackluster reactions the last couple weeks. I think Beth Pheonix may have gotten more of a reaction last night than Punk did.

IC Champion
07-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I dont blame Punk, he just doens't appear to be ready for the big time yet.

TerranRich
07-16-2008, 05:19 AM
The GTS is a shitty move. He should rename it the GTFO.

Ruien
07-16-2008, 07:48 AM
I was thinking that this morning (the whole Punk/Rey comparison). If they're gonna let him retain at GAB then Punk desperately needs to win clean. And not some "surprise roll up" etc... Either make Bastista tap or get him with the GTS fair-and-square.

Otherwise, say hello to Rey Mysterio no. 2.

It will be Rey #3, Orton was already #2. He held that damn belt for 6 months and only got 2 clean wins. And that is if you consider the Mania win a legit one, where he came out of no where to kick HHH.

#1-norm-fan
07-16-2008, 12:45 PM
It will be Rey #3, Orton was already #2. He held that damn belt for 6 months and only got 2 clean wins. And that is if you consider the Mania win a legit one, where he came out of no where to kick HHH.

Nah. It's different for a heel. Orton's win at Mania in some ways was better than just a clean win character-wise.

BigDaddyCool
07-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Do you guys not realize that a guy his size can fireman's carry about 4x his weight? It's not difficult to firemans carry someone. That is why firemen use it to get people out of buildings your body can support 4x your weight on your shoulders if you have muscle.

The fireman's carry isn't the hard part, the hard part is pressing 300 lbs. of sweaty wrestler over your head and then kneeing them in the face.

TerranRich
07-17-2008, 09:32 PM
The move itself is ridiculous. A knee to the face after a fireman's carry drop? WTF is that shit? That's what the indies are teaching guys these days?

Londoner
07-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I really can't see how he can get any offense in against Batista on sunday. It'll probably be like all his other matches so far.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-18-2008, 04:41 PM
The move itself is ridiculous. A knee to the face after a fireman's carry drop? WTF is that shit? That's what the indies are teaching guys these days?

How is it a bad move? Knee to face = effective. Coming from a firemen's carry means there's more momentum. Rising knee hits falling face... And that's somehow less ridiculous then, lets say, the FU, the mic check twist of fate, RKO, hurracurranna, etc?

Londoner
07-18-2008, 04:47 PM
The only weakness is it can't really be done much on big guys.