PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers/Super Sentai (US: Ninja Steel, JAP: Weird Shit Again)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I rewatched a couple of years ago and gave up after Power Rangers in Space. Thought the ending kicked ass and didn't want to be disappointed.

Kalyx triaD
02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Yeah In Space had an epic ending. Could have ended the franchise on that note.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I continued watching from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers(S1) all the to Time Force, then I stopped watching it all together. It wasn't until Dino Thunder started that I decided to what again(mostly because JDF came back) and ended up getting into it all over again causing me to get every episode from every season, and it's good to know that Bulk is back for this season. To this day the only seasons I don't have have and never watched are Operation Overdrive(sans the Once A Ranger episode with Adam,Tori,Bridge,Sander and Kira) Jungle Fury and RPM.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah In Space had an epic ending. Could have ended the franchise on that note.

I thought it was over after that at first, then they had the preview for LG.

Kalyx triaD
02-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Overall I'll to have an epic DVD recap of the entire mythology. Licensing and such make that improbable now, but a collection will surface eventually. Then the marathon begins.

BigDaddyCool
02-08-2011, 11:43 AM
power rangers is for faggots.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-08-2011, 11:47 AM
power rangers is for faggots.

Or for kids and we were kids when it first aired. So, we are allowed to watch it using the "nostalgia clause." Though 2 of the 5 original rangers are gay, so yeah maybe you're right.

Jura
02-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Well Power Rangers brought us these lovely ladies:

http://images.askmen.com/photos/cerina-vincent/83176.jpg
http://image.xyface.com/image/a/artist-alison-macinnis/alison-macinnis-311423.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x95/bonaninho/erincahill2.jpg

BigDaddyCool
02-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Or for kids and we were kids when it first aired. So, we are allowed to watch it using the "nostalgia clause." Though 2 of the 5 original rangers are gay, so yeah maybe you're right.

You are allowed to watch the original series. Not this new shit.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Mighty Morphin, Xeo, Turbo and In Space are connected though. I haven't watched anything past that because it had a logical and fitting end.

Kalyx triaD
02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Zeo

/grammar police

Miss the days when series were connected. But team-ups were possible with entirely different teams.

Trade-offs.

Fignuts
02-09-2011, 03:05 AM
Someone help me understand how this is appealing to adults. I've watched power rangers. It doesn't seem like one of those shows that is made for kids, but can still be enjoyed by adults. It seems tailor made, exclusively for kids.

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Can't help you there, mate.

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Theme Song:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ha6TGQfWjKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, Bulk is back. But not Skull.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Spike is Skull's son.

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
OH FUCK AWESOME

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
...I'M OLD

Fignuts
02-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Why can't you help me there?

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2011, 04:02 PM
I honestly don't know what to tell you. I suppose I could explain why I keep up with the show, but that may not be why Dark-Slicer or anybody else is interested.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-09-2011, 04:06 PM
I watch them because for some reason I find still find it entertaining. That and it's funny seeing how corny most of it is.

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2011, 04:08 PM
I enjoy the Japanese aesthetics, presentation, and the camp.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-09-2011, 04:12 PM
WTF Bulk is back?! This changes everything! They just need to convince Skull to come back.

RoXer
02-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Fringe is geting so good right now Kalyx

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2011, 04:16 PM
I bet.

Fignuts
02-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Just started watching Fringe. Awesome show.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-09-2011, 04:24 PM
So this rangers show debuted two days ago? Why is it not on Hulu?

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
No idea, it is on Youtube though.

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
idk, aren't there deals for that sort of thing? Not familiar with Hulu.

Savio
02-09-2011, 05:19 PM
This thread should be canceled

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Guess the video was taken down the second I tried to embed it here lol.

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah that seemed strange.

And I think I hate the yellow ranger.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
The Pink Ranger looks identical to the Power Ranger in Space girl.

Savio
02-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Power Rangers was 20 years ago. Fuck. I still remember the first promos for MMPR.
The only episodes I actually remember are that pig that tried to eat everything and the Power Rangers being turned into card board. Also something about the Green Ranger being evil then turning good only to lose his powers.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeah Rita gave his powers AIDS.

Kalyx triaD
02-23-2011, 11:42 PM
What else can be done with the original Power Rangers theme? How about having a J-Rock do a cover of the movie version - but in the best English he can muster?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NtkPTf9SbQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is awesome.

Kalyx triaD
06-22-2011, 12:54 AM
In honor of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers streaming Netflix (all 177 episodes), here's a surreal event that took place at a license conference recently:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9951qxLaFJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Jayman
06-22-2011, 08:34 AM
I just added the first 4 seasons to my instant queue

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Damn, stupid Netflix Canada doesn't have any. :(

James Steele
06-22-2011, 11:46 AM
HOLY SHIT!

Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, and now Power Rangers? Netflix has teleported me back to the mid 90s.

The Jayman
06-23-2011, 09:04 AM
:heart: Ninjor

Shaggy
06-24-2011, 07:56 PM
We log on netflix every morning at work and talk about the new shit added...

I almost had a heart attack when I saw Power Rangers on there...and it just so happens to be the week I had to get Netflix and Net turned off at the house.

Ive been watching them at work on my lunch break on a friends account. Just finished the green ranger saga today.

On a side note...they also added The Beetleborgs and VR Troopers....

Kalyx triaD
06-24-2011, 09:13 PM
VR Troopers. Wow.

Kalyx triaD
06-25-2011, 04:12 AM
Amy Jo Johnson was perfect.

Kalyx triaD
06-25-2011, 04:17 AM
This Just In:

Alien Ranger arc (end of season 3), Zeo, Turbo, In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, and Time Force are ready for streaming. I'm booked for the foreseeable future.

If Saban nabbed the Disney seasons, which seems likely, I'm set. Love Netflix.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Hopefully since they're on Netflix(US anyway, not for me), DVD/Blu-Ray Season Sets aren't too far of a stretch.

Kalyx triaD
06-26-2011, 06:45 AM
I hope. I will have an entire shelf of PR. And I'm sure there's tons of behind the scenes stuff that can be added. Many of the actors seem appreciative enough to be involved, too.

http://culturacomic.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/powerrangersmmpr.jpg

Kalyx triaD
07-09-2011, 11:00 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/Kalyx_triaD/netflix.jpg

My life is over.

Kane Knight
07-09-2011, 11:07 AM
So dumb question maybe, but some of the more obsessive PR fans might know.

I've been wactching the series on Netflix, which this thread is partially responsible for, and I'm wondering: Did they change some of the music? The Mixes for some of the songs sound "wrong" compared to when I first heard them. Most notably is whatever the name of the song is that goes "We will come running to your side//we will protect you from your fright" Or whatever.

I'm listening after like 20 years, and on different equipment, so maybe I'm remembering shit wrong. On the other hand, I know the DVD release for Teknoman (Which Saban was behind) is missing the English intro, instead using the Tekkaman Blade intro "Reason."

So it doesn't seem impossible they edited the property.

Kalyx triaD
07-09-2011, 11:18 AM
There were some scenes where I felt like they were missing the fight tracks altogether, as well as some audio oddities you mentioned. Thing is, I'm watching some of these episodes after well over a decade on way updated media equipment.

I could do a direct comparison with the PR music I have, but let's not get any sadder than this reply...

Kane Knight
07-09-2011, 09:01 PM
At the very least, I'm not the only one hearing it.

On an unrelated note, was Tommy being made leader of the Power Rangers due to the problems with the three actors who would soon leave?

I only really noticed this because I'm watching the eps back to back, but one minute, Zordon is all "Jason, you are a good leader." "Good Job, Jasons!@" And the next, Zordon's springing the news of a new Ranger who will lead them on the group, and I'm thinking, "Wow, Zordon's a dick."

But even then, it's not long before Adam, Chimpface, and Ayisha get introduced, they feature Jason, Trini and Zack less, and we start seeing bad ADR that sound nothing like them to hide it.

(Yeah, I didn't like Chimpface. Adam was the only replacement I really felt positive for, but Chimpface annoyed me).

Kalyx triaD
07-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Well when Tommy didn't get the role as VR Trooper leader, and he was very popular on PR anyway, they bought over the white ranger from the Dairanger Japanese show and gave Tommy that position. He was made leader because he was super over with the kiddies, and his superhero form just stood out from the now aged Zyuranger suits. And yeah, Jason's days were numbered. Everything just fell into place for him.

I thought it would have been nice when Jason came back as the gold ranger, he should have got the leader role back. The gold ranger was easily the most powerful ranger at that point, he had a fucking pyramid for a zord.

Kane Knight
07-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Well when Tommy didn't get the role as VR Trooper leader, and he was very popular on PR anyway, they bought over the white ranger from the Dairanger Japanese show and gave Tommy that position. He was made leader because he was super over with the kiddies, and his superhero form just stood out from the now aged Zyuranger suits. And yeah, Jason's days were numbered. Everything just fell into place for him.

I thought it would have been nice when Jason came back as the gold ranger, he should have got the leader role back. The gold ranger was easily the most powerful ranger at that point, he had a fucking pyramid for a zord.

Yeah, Tommy's popularity was a big thing. I was just wondering if it was specific to the end of JAson's tenure on the show.

TBH, Jason never did much that made me think "leader." Neither did Tommy, but still. The only quality that Jason seemed to have most of the time was the red suit, which frequently translates into the leadership role in Sentai style shows.

It doesn't hurt that the Green and White Rangers just looked cooler than the other suits. I know Green was from Zyuranger like the main cast, but still, the shield and Dragon Dagger just had a better asthetic.

Similarly, the Gold Ranger looked pretty spiffy. And had a fucking pyramid for a Zord, like you said.

I always assumed, and this may be wrong because I'm not that up on the source material, that the Gold Ranger wasn't made leader because the amount of footage they had was limited, which meant whoever played the US analogue would have a limited appearance.

...Of course, that didn't stop them from using the Green Ranger, when his character fucking died. They just recut some fights and commissioned new shit. Kinda like what Voltron did way back when. Only the quality difference is a little less obvious here.

Yeah, I got curious over the weekend, wondering how they brought the Green Ranger back, since some of the stuff looked contextually like it did come after "Burai" died. It's amazing how engrossing Wikipedia can be. Just start following links, and soon...Oi.

Anyway, I may be wrong on that. I mostly looked at Zyuranger shit solely because I'm watching Power Rangers and was curious.

Also, I'm not sure if I thought this when I was younger, but I think I did. Do the Thunderzords look, like, super lame compared to both earlier and later Zords? I mean, nothing in MMPR was the height of special effects, and the Zords were still kinda hokey, but the Yellow and Blue ones especially...WTF. Let's make big blocks on wheels, give them heads, and call them robots.

Still kinda hokey, but I liked the Ninja Zords better.

Kalyx triaD
07-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Actually Saban had extra footage filmed called 'Zyuranger2' by fans. It added American stuff like Green Ranger being a semi-regular, and showing his connection with the Pink Ranger.

Not that any of this mattered by the second/third season, when Zyu footage was spent. It was almost completely American ranger footage. Don't know why they skipped over the Dairanger suits, but I guess the Alien Ranger footage made them receptive to having new designs.

An episode of DinoThunder basically used an entire Sentai episode for the main plot, Jap actors and all. I always wondered when Sentai and PR would either merge as one property (not happening), or 'meet' in some culture shock episode.

Also, a Sentai series was skipped over. I wonder if Saban would tap that in the future. It's a whole season of footage waiting to be either dubbed or Westernized (the 'Angel Rangers' from year before Samurai).

Shadow
07-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Hey Kalyx...Goseiger came after Shinkenger.

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-11-2011, 10:19 AM
While yes Tommy was said to be the new leader when he returned as the White Ranger, in all the episodes leading up to "The Power Transfer" Jason still had command.

Kane Knight
07-11-2011, 10:58 AM
...Of course, that didn't stop them from using the Green Ranger, when his character fucking died. They just recut some fights and commissioned new shit.

Actually Saban had extra footage filmed called 'Zyuranger2' by fans. It added American stuff like Green Ranger being a semi-regular, and showing his connection with the Pink Ranger.

...Of course, that didn't stop them from using the Green Ranger, when his character fucking died. They just recut some fights and commissioned new shit.

Just in case there was any reason you thought I was unaware of the Zyu2 footage.

In fact, I then directly reference Voltron, where WEP commissioned new footage.

You know, like Saban did. Which is why I brought it up.

Kalyx triaD
07-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Ok shut up now.

Kane Knight
07-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Ok shut up now.

Oh! Sick burn!

Just pointing out how stupid your lecture was.

But the real reason I clicked on the thread....

Maaaaaan is the third season of Power Rangers bad. I mean, really, REALLY bad. Kinda glad I stopped watching before it got too far into it. I mean, it's kind of amusing to look back at it now, in a MST3K sort of "what the fuck?" Sense, but anyone who was a fan at this point probably should have just hung themselves and spared up the resources it took to keep their tiny brains running.

I know the mid-season Zord shift is a point of contention for a lot of fans, but you don't need to get that far. What is Marvin the Martian doing in a giant blue suit, and why is he helping the Power Rangers instead of blowing up Earth? Why did nobody notice Tommy looked like a fucking Klanny? Did they actually hire the actor from Dinosaurs to play Rito Revolto, or just someone who was told to act like it? Another Green Ranger saga, ony with Kimberly?

Fuck, this was dumb ebven by kids' show standards. Fuck, it was dumb by POWER RANGERS standards.

Though Bulk and Skull are amusing. I think I get why Linkara calls them the real heroes of the show.

Kane Knight
07-15-2011, 09:19 AM
While yes Tommy was said to be the new leader when he returned as the White Ranger, in all the episodes leading up to "The Power Transfer" Jason still had command.

You mean when he wasn't "scuba diving" or "being badly overdubbed."

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Stupid lecture? Everything was right, I just missed a line of yours.

I don't lecture.

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Kalyx, not that I think you forgot but just a reminder anyway, Turbo - A Power Rangers Movie should be after Zeo and before Turbo in your playlist since it's technically the first episode. :)

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2011, 11:01 AM
I seen it very recently (when I was convinced having the whole series was a pipedream) so I left it out. I remember the first episode of PRT doing a music video-ish breakdown of the movie so I'll be up to speed.

Actually screw it, I'll add it. I will catalog the entire series to memory in order god dammit!

Kane Knight
07-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Stupid lecture? Everything was right, I just missed a line of yours.

I don't lecture.

That latter part being a big issue and the former not being one at all.

You more rant than lecture, I was just being nice and pretending you weren't probably frothing at the fucking mouth that someone didn't know about the added footage!!!!!!!

Anyway, being correct doesn't make it not a lecture, nice non-sequitur.

And you should probably be the one to "shut up now," since you were the one who didn't understand what was being said before entering into said rant.

Likely foaming at the mouth because someone said something incorrect about POWER RANGERSSSS!

Well, incorrect until you take time to read it. :p

Kalyx triaD
07-15-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't lecture.

RoXer
07-16-2011, 11:04 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/flRc7RPFt38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
07-17-2011, 01:58 AM
Hot.

Kalyx triaD
01-23-2012, 01:22 PM
It seems we're abandoning the annual team style and going back to keeping one team, as next seasons PR will be called Power Rangers Super Samurai and keep the same cast. This blows because there's some seriously cool teams on the Sentai side, especially those 'Pirate Rangers':

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/mechamotoph/Super%20Sentai/KaizokuSentaiGo-Kaigerimage.jpg

Shadow
01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Ahh yes Gokaigers...which the rumors are to be believed they're shooting Legend War footage for Pirate Rangers so....MIGHT GET SOME PIRATE RANGERS!

Also Gosieger sucks and I really can't seem the adapting it very well.

Kalyx triaD
01-23-2012, 07:34 PM
You never know. Might be RPM in the surprisingly badass category. If it comes.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-12-2012, 08:58 AM
The secret is out thanks to Home Media Magazine's story, so we can say at last that Shout! Factory has signed the deal to distribute DVDs (and Blu-rays, if they wished, although that's not initially expected) from Saban Capital Group's Saban Brands division. That includes the Haim Saban-created series Power Rangers, including all incarnations of the show from 1993 to 2009:

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Power Rangers Zeo
Power Rangers Turbo
Power Rangers in Space
Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue
Power Rangers Time Force
Power Rangers Wild Force
Power Rangers Ninja Storm
Power Rangers Dino Thunder
Power Rangers S.P.D.
Power Rangers Mystic Force
Power Rangers Operation Overdrive
Power Rangers Jungle Fury
Power Rangers RPM

The deal reportedly does NOT include the current incarnation of the show, Power Rangers Samurai, nor does it include the theatrical films spun off from the program (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie, whose rights have been retained all along by Fox Home Entertainment).

However, the deal DOES include other Saban programs, including Big Bad Beetleborgs (a.k.a. Beetleborgs Metallix), V.R. Troopers, and the short-lived live-action show Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. The HMM story by John Latchem reports that the "Initial rollout plans for the Saban are slated to begin in summer 2012, according to Shout! Factory, with single-season sets to start and potentially complete-series sets in the future."

Our understanding is that there's more to this than HMM is currently reporting, but then again this is just the initial announcement. Stay tuned and we'll try to bring you more, just as soon as we can!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-DVDs-Planned/16646#ixzz1ouI5ZPc1

I think I just fainted.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Los Angeles, California (March 12, 2012) - Shout! Factory and Saban Brands announced a multi-year, multi-property alliance to bring Saban's iconic live-action pop culture series, including Power Rangers, to the home entertainment marketplace in the U.S and Canada. The announcement was made today by Shout! Factory's founding partners Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos; and Elie Dekel, President of Saban Brands.

The multi-year alliance provides Shout! Factory with exclusive home entertainment packaged media (DVD/Blu-ray) and select digital rights to Saban Brands' extensive catalog of properties including more than 700 episodes of Power Rangers (1993- 2009), 92 episodes of VR Troopers, 26 episodes of Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation, and 88 episodes of Beetleborgs for home entertainment releases and digital distribution across select entertainment platforms in North America.

"We are incredibly excited about this new relationship with Saban Brands. Power Rangers continues to stand as a global pop culture phenomenon to this day. We look forward to bringing these highly entertaining series with great packaging and extras to fans and on family home entertainment shelves," state Shout! Factory's founding partners in a joint statement.

"Our partnership with Shout! Factory is important and exciting news for our fans. Shout! Factory will provide unequaled access to archived content from Saban Brands," said Elie Dekel, President of Saban Brands. "Fans can enjoy past episodes they haven't seen, relive some of the exciting entertainment in these episodes, or even share them with a new generation of fans."

Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of Saban Brands television properties beginning this summer 2012, including from individual programs as well as complete series. As excitement builds for these upcoming home entertainment product-lines, Shout! Factory and Saban Brands will announce additional news and activities in forthcoming months.

Following its introduction in 1993, Saban's Power Rangers quickly became the most watched children's television program in the United States. Emphasizing the importance of teamwork, responsibility and helping others by following the adventures of a group of ordinary young people who "morphed" into superheroes, the series was seen in more than 60 countries, translated into numerous languages, and was a mainstay in the most prominent international children's programming blocks.

When VR Troopers premiered in 1994, it was the first children's series to take viewers into a world of virtual reality. In this exciting action-packed live-action series, three seemingly ordinary teens face the challenge of saving the world from total domination by a powerful ruthless industrialist and his evil alter-ego. With the gift of "inter-reality travel" the teens utilize the power to transform into crime-fighting superheroes and enter the high-tech sphere of Virtual Reality. They employ their strengths, explosive martial arts skills and newfound superpowers to prevent the evil Grimlord and his mutant armies from escaping the virtual plane and entering the real world.

Memorable live-action adventure series Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation debuted in 1997 on popular kids network. The series continued the fun-filled saga of Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo, four genetically mutated turtles who have transformed into human sized, ninja-powered crime fighters living in the sewers of New York City. Soon the Ninja Turtles' world that they have come to know and love will change. If you thought Shredder was bad, wait until you meet the newest NT foe--Dragon Skull! It will take all the power of our four reptile heroes to combat this new villain, including the help from a new ninja turtle named Venus De Milo!

Premiered in 1996, popular weekly kids series Beetleborgs follows the exciting adventures of three ordinary kids Drew, Jo and Roland as they enter the supposedly haunted mansion after accepting a dare. Their lives changed forever when a magical spirit grants them their biggest wish - they get to find out what life is like as their favorite super heroes the Beetleborgs!

About Saban Brands
Formed in 2010 as a subsidiary of Saban Capital Group, Saban Brands (SB) was established to acquire and develop a world-class portfolio of properties and capitalize on the company's experience, track record and capabilities in growing and monetizing consumer brands. SB applies a strategic transmedia management approach to enhancing and extending its brands in markets worldwide and to consumers of all ages. The company provides full-service management, marketing, promotion and strategic business development for its intellectual properties including comprehensive strategies unique to each brand, trademark and copyright management and enforcement, creative design, retail development, direct-to-consumer initiatives and specialized property extensions. SB is led by a superior management team with decades of experience in licensing, marketing and finance. For more information, visit www.sabanbrands.com

About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their careers sharing their music, television and film faves with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory's DVD offerings serve up classic, contemporary and cult TV series, riveting sports programs, live music, animation and documentaries in lavish packages crammed with extras. The company's audio catalogue boasts GRAMMY-nominated box sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable "best of" compilations. These riches are the result of a creative acquisitions mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Press-Release/16648#ixzz1ov7SgXJo

Kalyx triaD
03-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Long time coming, but since they're on netflix I wonder if it's worth it. It needs to have some epic extras.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I have no idea what the extras will, I can't even think of what they might be.

Kalyx triaD
03-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Surely they can get some legacy cast interviews. There must be behind the scenes stuff. History perspectives on the series (and Sentai for that matter).

You can't tell me there's no auxiliary media after damn near 20 years.

Rammsteinmad
03-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Did VR Troopers really last for 92 episodes? :eek:

Kalyx triaD
03-12-2012, 03:49 PM
lol Yeah. An entire second season nobody cared about.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-13-2012, 10:51 AM
I think I'll watch my watchable but not great VR Troopers episodes since my brother downloaded the series about 5 months ago.

As for the extras that'll be on the dvds, I think now they'll just be cast interviews/commentary as well as extended/deleted seens like the following from Forever Red.

Carter picking up Cole
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q-f1TWijeZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bulk and Skull
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tuPhStPfFNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shadow
03-13-2012, 04:16 PM
This...is the biggest thing ever. Seriously.

In Shout I trust.

Shaggy
03-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Ill probably pick them all up regardless them being on Netflix... the only down side is I would have liked to see Masked Rider on that list as well.

Kalyx triaD
03-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Next year's Sentai, Akibaranger:

http://images.wikia.com/powerrangers/images/0/0b/AkibarangerFullteam.jpg
http://otakumaster.jp/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Hikounin-Sentai-Akibaranger-01.jpg

Looks badass. Let's call them Power Rangers Blitz Riders, because Saban won't.

Slim chance the new Sentai teams will come over as new PR teams. Sucks, because there's some decent designs there.

Kalyx triaD
04-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Super Samurai Full Theme:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VcRx0qyROro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dark-Slicer Diago
05-07-2012, 07:11 PM
They've got a power and a force that you've never seen before.
They've got the ability to morph and to even up the score.
No one can ever take them down; the power lies on their side.

Go Go Power Rangers!
Go Go Power Rangers!
Go Go Power Rangers!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!

They know the fate of the world is lying in their hands.
They know to only use their weapons for defense.
No one will ever take them down; the power lies on their side...

Shout! Factory broke the news back in March that they'd signed a deal with Saban Entertainment for home video rights to 17 years of Power Rangers television history: every American TV show (sorry, no Sentai) from 1993's Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers to 2009's Power Rangers RPM is included in the deal...but only those shows, however. The '95 and '97 theatrical films are still with Fox, and the most recent TV series - as we recently reported - is coming to DVD from Lionsgate Entertainment instead. But all of the previous programs from the hugely popular franchise are in Shout!'s hands now, and they are beginning their mega-assault on stores this summer!

Overnight the studio's first plans for this show have been revealed with an Amazon pre-order entry for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Season 1, Vol.1, arriving in stores on August 21st. This 3-DVD "half-season" set with 30 episodes priced at $19.93 SRP brings you the first portion of the first of Morphin's three seasons. That includes "Day of the Dumpster," the very first episode which introduces us to Jason, Kimberly, Zack, Billy, Trini, Zordon, Alpha 5, Ernie, Bulk, Skull, Rita Repulsa, Goldar, Finster, Baboo and Squatt. We also ought to get on this collection the legendary 5-part story "Green With Evil," which first introduces Jason David Frank as "Tommy Oliver," the Green Ranger (the first of several colors Tommy would sport over the years!).

We're still waiting on Shout! Factory's press release (possibly next week) with all the details of this exciting brand launch for them. Hopefully it will have word of other releases in this long-running franchise (maybe other configurations for us more passionate fans, perhaps?). Stay tuned and we'll fill you in, as further developments occur!

UPDATE: We now have a look at the front box art for this title!

UPDATE (5/5): This release will be closed captioned, we've learned.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Season-1-Volume-1/16902#ixzz1uEDpSoNQ

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/MightyMorphinPowerRangers_S1V1_f.jpg

Kalyx triaD
05-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Hot damn. The world is really gonna end soon.

Shadow
05-08-2012, 01:34 PM
MY CHILDHOOD!

Dark-Slicer Diago
05-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Press Release Reveals a Shout!/Time Life 40-DVD 'MMPR to Lost Galaxy' Set!
7-season pack to be online only, as is a six-disc 'Complete 1st Season' set; Shout! puts 'Season 1, Part 2' in stores this fall, following the August 21st 'Part 1' debut

LOS ANGELES, CA, May 9, 2012 - Following its debut in 1993, Saban's iconic live-action pop culture series, Power Rangers quickly became the most watched children's television program in North America. Emphasizing the importance of teamwork, responsibility and helping others by following the adventures of a group of ordinary young people who "morphed" into superheroes, this long-running series has been seen in more than 60 countries, translated into numerous languages, and remains a mainstay in children's programming blocks. For 19 years, the highly entertaining saga and fan favorite characters from Power Rangers have captivated children and adults alike, and are beloved by legions of fans worldwide.

Now you can return to where the phenomenon began and re-live these thrill-packed adventures when Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Saban Brands, unleashes a cornucopia of home entertainment offerings, many of which have never been released on DVD, from the original series Power Rangers. Through unprecedented access to Saban Brands' vast archive of content, many of these DVD collections produced by Shout! Factory boast extensive bonus materials and collectible packaging, making them must-haves for loyal fans and collectors.

The first multi-disc set to be released will be the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season One, Volume One 3-Dvd set, which will arrive in stores and will be available through select digital entertainment platforms on August 21, 2012. Marking the DVD debut of the original Power Rangers series, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season One, Volume One features the first 30 original episodes from the first season and delivers over 10 hours of high-energy, family friendly entertainment. Poised to attract a new audience of kids as well as young adults who grew up with this popular series, this 3-DVD set is priced to own at a suggested retail price of $19.93. Pre-order is now available at Amazon.com and ShoutFactory.com.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season One, Volume Two 3-DVD set is slated to arrive on store shelves Fall 2012. Featuring the subsequent 30 original episodes, this DVD set continues more action-packed adventures of five teens, who quickly learn the full impact and awesome responsibility of their new powers and weapons. The evil villain, Rita Repulsa and her henchmen prove to be very worthy adversaries for the young super heroes, and they are challenged at every turn.

In an effort to provide avid collectors with an exclusive first-to-own experience, fans will have the first opportunity to collect upcoming box sets through a Time Life direct-response television and online campaign. Shout! Factory has teamed up with Time Life to make Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season One 6-DVD set and the 40-DVD collection of Power Rangers: Seasons One - Seven directly available to fans starting July 30, 2012 through Time Life's direct-response on-air TV campaign, as well as online.

The Power Rangers: Seasons One -Seven 40-DVD collection will include: All 145 original episodes from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Seasons One, Two and Three, plus the ten-episode series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Alien Rangers. It then continues on with Power Rangers: Seasons Four - Seven, featuring all of the original 183 episodes spanning the seasons entitled Power Rangers Zeo, Power Rangers Turbo, Power Rangers In Space and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. In-depth bonus content includes: a retrospective featurette on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers phenomenon, brand-new interviews with members of the cast and the creative team, and much more!

As excitement builds for these anticipated home entertainment releases, Shout! Factory, Saban Brands, and Time Life will announce additional news and activities for fans in the upcoming months. Meanwhile, fans will have the opportunity to learn more about upcoming collections by following us on Facebook and Twitter (@shoutfactory). Join the excitement and relive the action on DVDs!

About Saban Brands
Formed in 2010 as a subsidiary of Saban Capital Group, Saban Brands (SB) was established to acquire and develop a world-class portfolio of properties and capitalize on the company's experience, track record and capabilities in growing and monetizing consumer brands. SB applies a strategic transmedia management approach to enhancing and extending its brands in markets worldwide and to consumers of all ages. The company provides full-service management, marketing, promotion and strategic business development for its intellectual properties including comprehensive strategies unique to each brand, trademark and copyright management and enforcement, creative design, retail development, direct-to-consumer initiatives and specialized property extensions. SB is led by a superior management team with decades of experience in media, content creation, branding, licensing, marketing and finance. For more information, visit www.sabanbrands.com

About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their careers sharing their music, television and film faves with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory's DVD offerings serve up classic, contemporary and cult TV series, riveting sports programs, live music, animation and documentaries in lavish packages crammed with extras. The company's audio catalogue boasts GRAMMY-nominated box sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable "best of" compilations. These riches are the result of a creative acquisitions mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com

NOTE from TVShowsOnDVD: Details, pricing, package art and pre-order listings for the "Season 1, Part 2" set, the "Complete 1st Season" set, and the "Seasons 1-7" forty-disc set aren't available yet, but stay tuned for updates!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/16925#ixzz1uP0a4KXm

Kalyx triaD
05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/05/tumblr_m4egjskuj81r5zq6ao1_r2_500.gif

Shadow
05-22-2012, 10:31 PM
God Samurai is annoying me. Mostly because it's copy/paste from Shinkengers.

Right down to...everything. Least they didn't do the Mr. Brown episode.

Kalyx triaD
05-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Don't even bother with Samurai/Super Samurai. Miss Disney's run.

Kalyx triaD
05-24-2012, 10:48 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/teen-celebs-then-now-12.jpg
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/teen-celebs-then-now-13.jpg

Kalyx triaD
05-24-2012, 10:51 PM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/05/tumblr_m4egjskuj81r5zq6ao1_r2_500.gif

Looking at this again, there appears to be some sort of rap battle going on in the background between the red and blue ranger. Red anxiously awaits his turn while Blue seems to be dropping dope punchlines. Black is enjoying himself logically. White, who's very presence spells paradox, looks like he's coaching Red.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-06-2012, 07:38 AM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/PowerRangers_S1-S7.jpg

Your favorite childhood show has morphenomenal action, adventure, and meaningful lessons for both original and young fans. Now you can relive these action-packed adventures and share them with the next generation when we unleash the ORIGINAL POWER RANGERS on DVD for the very first time! Plus, you'll get exclusive in-depth bonus content, including a retrospective featurette on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers phenomenon, brand new interviews with the cast and creative teams, and much, much more!

Emphasizing the importance of teamwork, fitness, responsibility and helping others, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers follows the thrilling and humorous adventures of ordinary teens who "morph" into extraordinary superheroes over the course of three seasons. The adventures continue with Power Rangers Zeo, as the team takes on a new member, new zords, and meets new challenges and enemies. Then shift into Power Rangers Turbo, with the fastest team yet! Next, "Let's Rocket!" as we blast off for Power Rangers In Space; then we'll "Go Galactic!" as we join a new team in unexplored territory with Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. Order your own incredible POWER RANGERS box set today!

A few hours ago today, TimeLife.com began accepting pre-orders for their 40-DVD collection of Power Rangers - Seasons 1-7: From Mighty Morphin to Lost Galaxy. You'll get 338 episodes which aired from 1993 to 1999, plus tons of bonus material including 2 DVDs completely dedicated to extras.

Additionally, with this title you'll also get a rare Bandai-made action figure of Morphin Red Ranger (Jason) wearing the "Dragon Shield" (which, in case you've forgotten, is the golden shoulder pad/chestpiece assembly) usually seen on the Morphin Green Ranger (Tommy). You can see a high-res image of this action figure at the bottom, complete with accessory sword and blaster. This toy was once available for collectors, but not for a long time; it is currently available exclusively from Time Life with the purchase of this title. And don't think this combination of Red and Green Ranger uniforms is simply out-of-the-blue; it is taken directly from two Mighty Morphin: Season 1 episodes: "Birds of a Feather" and "Clean-Up Club"...both of which you can watch on these discs!

Note that there is NOT any overall "slipcase" packaging for this title: these are the same sets that Shout! Factory will be selling individually, and Time Life will take the separate disc cases and the action figure, and wrap them in bubble wrap and send them to you in a regular shipping carton. The price is $219.95 SRP, which may sound like a lot at first, but at 40 discs it breaks down to just $5.49 per DVD. Or, putting bonus stuff aside, it's just 65¢ per episode...$31.42 per season. And standard shipping is available for free. It's a great value, any way you look at it. And if you cannot afford the entire $219.95 cost at once, you can break it down into 5 easy installments of $43.99 per payment. Sounds good to us!

The current planned ship date is August 6th, just a week later than what we originally reported. Time Life, Shout! Factory and Saban are working on getting a full press release to us soon; stay tuned for that!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/PowerRangers_TL-BonusFigure.jpg

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/17042#ixzz1x0orvsc6

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-06-2012, 08:53 AM
The Bulk Collection.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Yesterday we reported on the upcoming 40-DVD release of Power Rangers - Seasons 1-7: From Mighty Morphin to Lost Galaxy, for sale exclusively from Time Life's online store. At the time we had a USA pre-order link for the title, but today readers north of the border will be pleased to know that it's now up for pre-order in Canada, too! Please remember that using these affiliate links which we provide here will help to support our site, and keep us around! If you *must* order by phone, however, you can call 1-800-826-8545 in the USA or 1-800-828-8565 in Canada. Price is $219.95 in either country, and payment in easy installments is available in both as well.

We also have to clear up some confusion about one aspect of yesterday's write-up. In it, we described how "there is NOT any overall 'slipcase' packaging for this title," and went on to say that "Time Life will take the separate disc cases and the action figure, and wrap them in bubble wrap and send them to you in a regular shipping carton." This info was characterized as "misleading" at a Power Rangers message board by an insider to this project, and after looking into it we agree that we didn't really describe this the best possible way.

What we were trying to communicate to our readers is this: there will not be a single slipcase (or any other sort of packaging) which houses all 7 seasons together on your shelf. What we made it sound like is that you won't get any slipcases at all, which is where we steered you wrong. Shout! Factory is producing these DVDs, and the packages, for Time Life. What they will do is take the first 3 seasons (the entire run of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) and house them in one slipcase, and then separately there will be a second slipcase housing Power Rangers: Seasons 4-7 (Zeo, Turbo, In Space and Lost Galaxy). Time Life will take those two collections, and the special bonus action figure, and those three items are what will be taken to "wrap them in bubble wrap and send them to you."

We'll have pictures of those above-mentioned slipcase packages for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Seasons 1-3 compilation and also for the Power Rangers: Seasons 4-7 set just as soon as those images are finalized, approved, and distributed. We've been informed that the individual "season set" artwork currently displayed at Time Life's online store is actually not finalized, and could be subject to change; we hope to have the finished artwork for all of that for you when it's also ready!

In the meantime, here's a new description from Shout! Factory, Time Life and Saban concerning the on-disc contents of the Power Rangers - Seasons 1-7: From Mighty Morphin to Lost Galaxy collection. It includes some slightly more in-depth info about the extras, which we're informed will cover 3 bonus DVDs, rather the the 2 which is what Time Life currently mentions in their pre-order listing. However, the overall disc count still seems to be "40"; hopefully we'll have a disc-by-disc breakdown of the contents for you sometime before the set ships (that's currently expected to happen on August 6th).

The Power Rangers: Seasons One -Seven collection will include all 145 original episodes from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Seasons One, Two and Three, plus the ten-episode series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Alien Rangers. It then continues on with Power Rangers: Seasons Four - Seven, featuring all of the original 183 episodes spanning the seasons entitled Power Rangers Zeo, Power Rangers Turbo, Power Rangers In Space and Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. In-depth bonus content includes a retrospective featurette on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers phenomenon, brand-new interviews with members of the cast and the creative team and much more!

As a reminder, the Power Rangers - Seasons 1-7: From Mighty Morphin to Lost Galaxy title is only going to be available online from Time Life. Shout! Factory will put smaller (and more casually affordable) sets in stores, starting with their 3-disc release on August 21st of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Season 1, Vol.1 (also available at Shout!'s online store). Later on there will also be an offering of The Complete Season 1 of Mighty Morphin, with all the first-season episodes on a six-disc set. No date or price has been set for that yet...nor any plans revealed for when the big 3-season and 4-season slipcase sets that make up Time Life's big offering might be available elsewhere. We know that Shout! will put Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Season 1, Vol.2 into stores in the late-fall timeframe this year, but we don't have details or artwork for that yet. Stay tuned and we'll keep you updated!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/17052#ixzz1x6feg3Oo

Kalyx triaD
06-08-2012, 01:43 AM
It's actually been ten years since the 10th anniversary episode, "Forever Red" came out. To celebrate, the writer of the episode decided to do a blog detailing the process. It's a really good read since PR is one of those shows where very little of the creation/adaptation process is ever made public outside of actor interviews at cons.

http://amitbhaumik.tumblr.com/post/23720894324/forever-red-ten-years-later

Did You Know: The title of the episode was inspired by Wu-Tang Clan's album Forever? As it also featured ten greats in one place.

Lavel
06-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Forever Red was among one of the best episodes ever in my opinion.

Kalyx triaD
06-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Agreed. Many of the team-ups are pretty good.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-11-2012, 12:02 PM
I agree, in fact, I think I'll watch every team-up episode later.

In case people want to know, the team-up episodes are

PRIS
#04 - Shell Shocked(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
#18 - True Blue To The Rescue(Blue Turbo Ranger)
#25 - Always A Chance(Black Power Ranger)

PRLG
#30 - To The Tenth Power
#31 - The Power Of Pink

PRLR
#29 - Trekeena's Revenge, Part 1
#30 - Trakeena's Revenge, Part 2

PRTF
#33 - Time For Lightspeed

PRWF
#24 - Reinforcements From The Future, Part 1
#25 - Reinforcements From The Future, Part 2
#34 - Forever Red

PRDT
#31 - Thunder Storm, Part 1
#32 - Thunder Storm, Part 2

PRSPD
#31 - History
#35 - Wormhole

PROO
#21 - Once A Ranger, Part 1
#22 - Once A Ranger, Part 2

Kalyx triaD
06-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Oddly enough, PRS has a team up with RPM.

Shadow
06-11-2012, 07:53 PM
That SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED compared to Go-Onger vs. Shinkenger.

Oh and they're adapting Goseiger as Power Rangers Megaforce. Just putting out there that they're taking one of the worst Sentai series out there for the next Power Rangers which is their 20th anniversary.

Kalyx triaD
06-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Is that the 'Pirate' Rangers? They looked good.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Guys...

http://www.tokunation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1836&d=1339464555

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Odd that the White Ranger in Jasons visor with all the Red Rangers, otherwise it looks cool and I hope they do another Forever Red episode.

Shadow
06-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Is that the 'Pirate' Rangers? They looked good.

No Goseigers is the crappy ass angel sentai that used cards. Gokaigers are the pirate sentai with the much more marketable keys. Only good thing about them doing Goseiger is I can now get some Americanized Goseiger zords which aren't half bad to say the least.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
So we really are staying two years behind then. Damn. I was thinking we'd skip the Angel Rangers because there's some hype shit with the pirates.

On the other hand, I guess we will have new teams again. Sick of Samurai.

Shadow
06-12-2012, 05:37 PM
You mean you're sick of Shinkenger? CAUSE THAT'S ALL SAMURAI IS!

Really confusing is when we get the 6th Ranger Gosei Knight who happens to be part of the Zord gimmick for next year which is interchangeable heads or Headers. He's got no human form so how they handle him will be interesting.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Listen, I'm a PR fanboy. I know where it all came from, but I only check up on Sentai to see what's coming. My interests is on the team's theme, weaponry, zords, morphing sequence, and how the Western production goes (cast, writing). So as far as I see PR is the canon I follow. If one sucks because they followed the Sentai too close or not close enough, I can't really comment on that.

I just fucking hate Samurai. Ugh.

Shadow
06-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Understandable. I would hate something as well when they use very obvious Japanese cultural references in everything they do.

But yeah Goseiger....cards and headers is your gimmick....also Red's a fencer which I don't think we've seen so far. Be interesting to say the least.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2012, 06:25 PM
And then have one Asian, with a New Zealand mentor.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Power Rangers Megaforce Press Release:

Power Rangers Megaforce introduces a plot line that is sure to captivate audiences with exciting new characters, villains, and high-octane action. The new series features Gosei, a supernatural guardian who for centuries, has protected the earth with his robotic aide, Tensou. But when the evil Warstar aliens begin their massive invasion, Gosei calls upon five teenagers with attitude to form the ultimate team...the Power Rangers Megaforce!

When the teens morph into Power Rangers, they gain superhuman strength, agility, and mastery over martial arts. In addition to defending earth against the Warstar aliens, other monstrous factions emerge to challenge the Megaforce Rangers. Under the leadership of a malevolent alien, toxic beasts rise from their slimy underground lair to attack the Earth and a ruthless robot army launches an offensive from their deep sea compound. In order to face these new threats, the Power Rangers Megaforce unlock powerful battle modes to fight their adversaries. Go Go Power Rangers! – fans can look forward to all new MEGA adventures in 2013.

http://www.tokunation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1845&d=1339505440

I understand downplaying the angelic angle, but 'Megaforce' seems to epic a title for just another team.

http://www.tokunation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1844&d=1339505440

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Interestingly, Megaforce is said to only have 22 episodes, half of the usual order. I suppose this year's budget is split between Megaforce and the '20' event.

Shadow
06-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Little triva just so you know. The full name of the sentai they're pulling the footage from is Tensou Sentai Goseiger. Hence why this...IS SO GOD DAMN STUPID! Why not just adapt Gokaiger and be done with it? Goseiger only really mattered during the team-up movie(which was more epic then it had any right to be) and then during the show got very little use out of their Ranger keys. It wouldn't be that hard to just omit them.

You're already omiting anything pre-Zyuranger/Might Morphin

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Too late to just adapt the Sentai, I'm personally much too accustomed to the western additions. Power Rangers for us, Sentai for them.

I do hope one day for some kind of crossover between the cultural teams. Somehow.

Shadow
06-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Oh you did in Dinothunder actually. It was...mixed to say the least.

Episode is Lost And Found in Translation if you wanna take a look.

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2012, 08:45 PM
I seen it. I figure they were testing the waters or something. I wouldn't call it a crossover so much as a dedication to source material.

Shadow
06-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Think we proved what nerds we are by now?

Kalyx triaD
06-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Pretty sure we did that by supporting this thread. Don't think it's any more nerdy than whatever goes on in the mma forum.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-13-2012, 08:00 AM
This past week we brought you two reports about the Time Life/Shout! Factory 40-DVD release of Power Rangers - Seasons 1-7: From Mighty Morphin to Lost Galaxy, available exclusively online from TimeLife.com and TimeLife.ca. They didn't have finalized package art at the time for this title, which is made up of 2 separate packages (one with the first three seasons, "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - The Complete Series," and one of the next four seasons, "Power Rangers: Seasons 4-7") and the bonus "Morphin Red Ranger with Dragon Shield" action figure. Now the studio has kindly sent us images of that finalized box art, and you can see it all below:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/MMPR_Complete.jpg
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/MMPR_Complete_bty.jpg
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/PowerRangersS4-S7.jpg
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/PowerRangersS4-S7_bty.jpg

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/17080#ixzz1xfr7SG00

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Bonus Disc 1:
Morphin Time! - A look back at Mighty Morphin Power Rangers with members of the cast, crew and creative team
A Morphenomenal Cast - Casting Director Katy Wallin and the cast recall what it took to become Power Rangers
Lord Zedd's Monster Heads: The Greatest Villians of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1995 Direct-to-VHS Title)
Alpha's Magical Christmas (1994 Direct-to-VHS Title)
The Good, The Bad and The Stupid: The Misadventures of Bulk and Skull (1995 Direct-to-VHS Title)

Bonus Disc 2:
The Fans Power Up - A Peek Inside the Fandom as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Fans Remember the Series.
Rare Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Official Fan Club Video (1994 VHS)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Karate Club: The White Ranger Kata (1995 VHS)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Live: The World Tour (1995 Direct-to-VHS Title)

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Bonus-Material-Reveal/17218#ixzz20VEuimnf

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-13-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm one of the people that actually had the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Official Fan Club Video, it came with window stickers, shoelaces and posters.

Kalyx triaD
07-13-2012, 11:23 AM
That shit is rare, glad it'll be available to most now. No more grainy YT vids.

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-13-2012, 12:11 PM
I just wonder which cast members accepted the call to come back for this set.

Kalyx triaD
07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Hopefully most of the MMPR cast. Jason Frank was seen in a clip. Walter Jones was at Comic Con yesterday to hype the 20 year celebration so he's likely in there. Amy Jo hopefully. Catherine Sutherlan is always down for these things. I wouldn't mind a few recent guys.

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Neither would I, I hope Bulk and Skull are in it too but Bulks busy with Samurai.

parkmania
07-15-2012, 06:51 PM
There'd better be a tribute to Thuy somewhere in there.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Might have chosen to stop after In Space, but Lost Galaxy is also a good stopping point.

Shadow
07-16-2012, 10:08 AM
So rumors are flying about Megaforce. Looks like they're adapting Goseiger but will then also do Gokaiger. So I'm kinda happy and also Power Rangers kinda dodged a bullet in that all of the greater powers and add ons for the Gokaiger Megazord just happen to be Powers that aired during Power Rangers.

Kalyx triaD
07-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah they're splitting it into Megaforce and Super Megaforce, using two Sentai shows (Angel Rangers then the Pirate Rangers). I'm not to cool with 'Megaforce' as a title. Also, more than likely they're keeping the same team for two seasons. I like my team-ups and this current trend makes it impossible.

Jason David Frank (Tommy) says he is totally down for that 20th Anniversary special, which may or may not be a TV movie or mini-series.

Dark-Slicer Diago
08-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Several weeks ago we reported on the disc-by-disc contents of the 2 bonus discs which are shipping exclusively with either Shout! Factory's 19-DVD release of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - The Complete Series or Time Life's 40-DVD release of Power Rangers Seasons 1-7: From Mighty Morphin to Lost Galaxy. That larger set will also contain a 3rd bonus disc, too, and we've now got an equally detailed list of the contents of this item:

Tales of the Giant Banana: A Look Back at Bulk and Skull - Paul Schrier and Jason Narvy look back at the fun and chemistry behind fan-favorite characters Bulk and Skull
Behind The Mask: Celebrating the Stunt Team - Stunt coordinator Jeff Pruitt and stunt team members Bridgett Riley and Sophia Crawford recall what it really took to be a Power Ranger
A Convention With Attitude: Power Morphicon - An intimate look into the fan-created convention exclusively honoring Power Rangers!
Power Playback: Power Rangers Funniest Moments - Hosted by Johnny Yong Bosch (1998 TV Special)
Power Rangers: The Lost Episode - Hosted by Austin St. John and Walter Emmanuel Jones (1999 TV Special)
"It's Comin": Zeo Serial (1996 sneak preview promo series)
"Gold Lining": Zeo Promo (1996)
"Stick Together" Music Video, sung by Nakia Burrise (1996)

This disc will also presumably be included in an eventual release of Seasons 4-7 (a 21-disc set with Zeo, Turbo, In Space and Lost Galaxy) that we expect to be offered at some future point.

These three bonus discs are quite fantastic! But please note that none of the three are planned to be available in any individual season sets, or half-season sets...not from Shout! Factory (like this one) and not from Time Life (like the one we'll discuss below). They are ONLY included in the various multi-season sets which are specifically named above.

For those of you who have pre-ordered Time Life's 40-DVD collection, Power Rangers Seasons 1-7: From Mighty Morphin to Lost Galaxy, you'll possibly have noted that the listing at TimeLife.com has today been updated to show that the scheduled ship date has suddenly moved from this week to next week. Time Life issued this statement to us about it, to share with our readers:

Rita Repulsa is at it again, and she sent the putties to our warehouse! A manufacturing delay is preventing us from shipping our Power Rangers collection until next week. We know there is a lot of excitement for this collection, so we're upgrading everyone who has pre-ordered the collection through today with expedited shipping.

"Expedited shipping" means FedEx or similar, so in other words you'll get it quickly once they get it out the door. And some of you who pre-ordered this set might see it earlier than this week...as always, Time Life will begin sending the packages out just as soon as they can get them in the warehouse and turn them around. If the sets are in stock sooner than next week, then you patient morphinominal fans will get them just that much more quickly!

Finally, for folks who can't afford (or simply aren't interested in) the big multi-season sets named above, but prefer more than the three-disc half-season set that Shout! will put in stores later this month, Time Life is now taking orders for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 1, a 6-DVD set with the complete first season of the show. Cover art is shown below, and you'll see that it's identical to the image on the box of Shout!'s release for Season 1, Vol.1. And while Shout!'s in-stores release on three discs costs $14.99 as of this writing, and ships in two weeks, Time Life's six-disc release of the complete first MMPR season is priced at $29.99 for 60 episodes and is shipping this week (although, like the 40-disc set, it could possibly be pushed back until next week).

And, while it's still true (as we stated above) that you won't get any of the bonus discs with this complete Season 1 set, Time Life will give you the same "Bonus Red Ranger Action Figure with Sword and Blaster" with this 6-disc title, as you would otherwise get with the 40-DVD collection. And right now there's free shipping on it, too. Such a deal! Our thanks to reader Brent Gelsinger for his help with this portion of the story. Here, we've already gotten to feast our eyes on the 40-DVD collection, and let me just say: THIS is where it's happening! If you're a Power Rangers fan, it's the one to get. Don't forget that you can pay for that big item in 5 installments of $43.99, and shipping is also free. Choose wisely!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-DVD-Update/17345#ixzz22xKCmSTS

Kalyx triaD
08-08-2012, 10:47 AM
They're digging deep. I remember those Zeo promos.

lol I even remember seeing the Zeo Ranger sentai, in an E3 1995 issue of Gamepro! Nobody believed there was some other set of PR out there, and I still don't know why they were at E3.

Shadow
08-08-2012, 05:04 PM
...Ohranger was in Gamepro? Or were they promoting Zeo?

I confused.

Kalyx triaD
08-08-2012, 07:51 PM
That's where it gets fuzzy (talking 17 years ago here).

That issue was a special E3 edition of Gamepro, and E3 edition mags usually come a month or two after the actual show. So I'm guessing early Fall in 1995, after MMPR The Movie and the start of season 3. I doubt they were hyping Zeo that early since Ohranger would be just starting then. Maybe it was just an exhibition of 'their' PR since they probably thought we'd use the Zyu stuff forever.

Now that I think about it, this being 17 years ago - I may have the Zeo stuff confused with the Alien stuff. This seems much more likely as a promo for an upcoming team change that would come to the states. they were running way low on Zyu footage and the show was pretty much American by season 3, so maybe they used E3 (for whatever reason) to promote the coming shift to Alien Rangers.

That's all IF my memory is blurring the teams. But I'm damn sure it was Ohranger, I remember being 'wtf' about the red ranger's star visor very specifically.

Shadow
08-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah that'd be Ohranger/Zeo. Wonder why they'd be promoting Zeo at E3 though.

Kalyx triaD
08-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Anybody got a collection of Gamepro's going back nearly 2 decades?

Dark-Slicer Diago
08-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Lost them all, used to collect Gamepro like crazy.

Kalyx triaD
08-21-2012, 01:58 AM
From Morphingcon 2012:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ztcetHPivmw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-RZNCTlRvVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
08-21-2012, 12:46 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EsU5QGNUbLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SoeU-_PjKyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shadow
08-21-2012, 05:42 PM
I like that we're getting the Legend War but....UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG. Those costumes for Goseiger.

Dark-Slicer Diago
08-23-2012, 10:02 AM
As we thought with the release of Power Rangers on DVD, joining Digimon being released in October, with Big Bad Beetleborgs being released on the 16th and VR Troopers being released on 2nd.

Big Bad Beetleborgs Season 1 Vol. 1 boxart
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91noBJRtOfL._AA1500_.jpg

VR Troopers Season 1 Vol. 1 boxart
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91kfurYwTCL._AA1500_.jpg

In an unrelated note, Earthworm Jim is being released as well as it's on Amazon ready for pre-order. It was apperently supposed to be released on July 10th but got delayed but when it is it'll have all 23 episodes.

Shadow
08-23-2012, 05:50 PM
My wallet is crying.

Dark-Slicer Diago
08-24-2012, 08:04 AM
To be released September 4th, Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation Vol. 1. I had a feeling they'd be releasing them all but I didn't think it would be this close together.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/9164GzpZsnL._AA1500_.jpg

Canadian/US Prices
Digimon - $69.99(CDN)/$79.95(US)
VR Troopers - $19.99(CDN)/$14.99(US)
Big Bad Beetleborgs - $19.99(CDN)/$14.99(US)
Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation - $13.99(CDN)/$14.99(US)

Kalyx triaD
08-24-2012, 06:56 PM
lol

Kalyx triaD
09-03-2012, 03:48 AM
Ron Wasserman is uploading samples of slightly remastered versions of his old music from MMPR. Whether this is a part of some bigger project is not clear, but these are using the original 19yo master tracks.

In some of the samples you can hear where something is changed, and it's cool to hear what he left in.

http://soundcloud.com/ron-wasserman/sets/power-ranger-redux-work-in/s-lYd8l

Enjoy, and I will keep ya posted on where this is actually leading (Note: There is of course a big 20th season coming up...).

Gertner
09-03-2012, 01:20 PM
What are you losers, 10?

Kalyx triaD
10-04-2012, 11:17 AM
This is an official Power Rangers Samurai promo. Enjoy:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rrn8_cWjMoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Remaining on the music tip; those sampled tracks from Ron Wasserman have been revealed to be heading to an unofficial Power Rangers remix album to be released online. All of his tunes have been re-recorded and beefed up, with different parts added for some (The PR theme has a new solo). Ron is the voice of PR so it's to see him get back in the saddle with some classics.

Kalyx triaD
12-12-2012, 02:33 AM
2013 Sentai:

http://www.tokunation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5711&stc=1&d=1355043356

Like Mighty Morphin and DinoThunder, it will be dinosaur themed. Unlike them, there is no yellow ranger for the core team.

Shadow
12-12-2012, 11:53 AM
The main mecha is.....special. 3-combiner with the Red T-Rex as the main body and the other 4 as arms. Also Pink is a Triceratops and the gimmick is batteries and western music. Should be cool.

ON THE POWER RANGERS FRONT! Super Megaforce is gonna keep the Goseiger suits with the exception of adding in Gokaisilver but still do the Gokaiger Ranger Keys. And now I get to rage.

GOESIGER SUCKS! GOKAIGER RULES! FUCK YOU SABAN!

Kalyx triaD
12-12-2012, 04:10 PM
They're gonna split the season with the suits, I think.

But if it's any consolation, past rangers are said to appear in this 20th season. Who and what they will do is up in the air.

This is significant because Saban made it seem as though the canon was rebooted since they got PR back from Disney. An interesting note, Disney also treated PR as their canon reboot until they buckled and had that fucking awesome crossover for the 15th anniversary. Guess it can't be ignored whoever owns the property at the time.

Shadow
12-13-2012, 12:34 AM
No...they're not splitting the suits. Super Megaforce is just using the Goseiger suits with Ranger Keys. Kinda like how they did it with Mighty Morphing with havin the Zyuranger suits despite using the Dairanger zords. Well, cept for Tommy who was using Kibaranger's suit they're gonna have whoever is the 6th ranger use Gokaisilver's suit. Still stupid. Gokaiger has some of the best suits I've seen in a long time and I'm kinda disappointed we don't get a full use out of 'em.

Also GoseiKnight will get the boot at Super Megaforce as well.

Shadow
12-13-2012, 12:35 AM
....oh god I'm such a nerd.

Kalyx triaD
01-20-2013, 05:16 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vl_Jpl2zCiQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ruien
01-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Lol at the sea part.

Shadow
01-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Ug.....Goseiger.

Kalyx triaD
02-02-2013, 01:55 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G4u81pynTe0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Terrible.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DKC8g7Eyy-M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And it looks about as wooden as what I've seen in Samurai.

I really miss when Disney ran the show.

Shadow
02-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Go Go Megaforce?

And never watching this shit if I can help it.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Like how they now incorporate the original theme into all the songs.

Power Rangers wooden? When were they not wooden?

Kalyx triaD
02-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Disney era. Not like I watch this regularly but there is a noticeable difference in direction.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-03-2013, 02:37 AM
That's just childhood nostalgia. The acting has always been pretty bad.

Kalyx triaD
02-03-2013, 03:35 AM
The Disney seasons were only a few years ago. I'm not talking about Ed Norton caliber stuff here, but Samurai is much more wooden and cheesy than Disney's run.

Shaggy
02-09-2013, 08:20 PM
i like the helmets...thats about it

parkmania
02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Anyone else think the new Black Ranger looks like a Dustin Diamond wannabe?

Kalyx triaD
02-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Red Rangers Take On New York:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ORRE9SyCVlg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-14-2013, 10:00 AM
JR Smith with a look that said "I'd rather be anywhere else on the planet than here."

Kalyx triaD
02-25-2013, 08:56 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kPo97fIPlPg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shadow
02-26-2013, 12:47 AM
Yes Kyouryuger....the only Sentai series I know of where the red is COMPLETELY FUCKING INSANE! I mean it was a good plan to be eaten by your Zord but holy shit dude...seriously.

Also I love the zord fight was happening while the main battle was going on. They learned a lot from how they did it with Go-Busters. Just awesome stuff.

Kalyx triaD
02-26-2013, 01:13 AM
With Saban acting like an ass since he got PR back, I may need to start following the original line.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Available on amazon now for those that don't know

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91XfUyl7WAL._AA1500_.jpg

Kalyx triaD
03-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Wow.

Nowhere Man
03-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Is anyone else bothered by how big and clunky the new morphers are? I always liked it better when they were something you could fit in your pocket.

Kalyx triaD
03-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Eh, they've been cellphones for so long it's whatever.

Shadow
03-17-2013, 12:18 AM
They're japanese ok? That's all I can explain it. The next morpher is a whole lot better.

The one after that...is a weapon

Kalyx triaD
03-17-2013, 03:00 AM
GOSEI CHANGE

Kalyx triaD
03-28-2013, 08:33 PM
The 'Pirate Rangers' will be the Super Mega Force suits. The ability to use old teams' suits and powers will also carry over.

Shadow
03-29-2013, 12:52 AM
Oh thank god.

Wonder if we'll get the Mobrites.

Dark-Slicer Diago
04-10-2013, 09:14 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81IJMnuK2qL._AA1500_.jpg

Now available on Amazon.

Kalyx triaD
04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Poke > Digi

Shadow
04-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Your room...go to it.

Dark-Slicer Diago
04-11-2013, 08:17 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Qk7NFoQ6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51I7MQ6jecL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NUd5r0hgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/915q6R1cdfL._AA1500_.jpg

They've been out for ages now, the only episodes missing are Beauty and the Beach from the first box, Princess vs. Princess and The Purr-fect Hero from the second box, and of course The Legend Of Dratini, Electric Soldier Porygon as these two were never aired though The Legend Of Dratini was bought and dubbed but never aired because Ash had a gun pointed to his face.

Kalyx triaD
04-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Gonna put this here. Gonna freak out now.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WXQ16cXxJiM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
05-25-2013, 05:44 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/261733_10151476347481687_965112498_n.jpg

Shadow
05-25-2013, 02:36 PM
HEY TJ'S THERE!

Kalyx triaD
05-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Oddly enough, not as Turbo Red.

Sepholio
05-25-2013, 05:08 PM
.....Nerds.

Someone had to do it.

Shadow
05-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Yeah I noticed they went with In Space for TJ for some reason.

Or maybe that's not TJ....I'm confused.

Sepholio
05-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Isn't that the original green ranger from season 1? He still looks pretty bad ass.

Kalyx triaD
05-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah I noticed they went with In Space for TJ for some reason.

Or maybe that's not TJ....I'm confused.

That's TJ. They got Andross back as well, so I'm guessing they had enough of the Space cast went with that.

Isn't that the original green ranger from season 1? He still looks pretty bad ass.

He also confirmed that will use his White Ranger powers as well.

parkmania
05-26-2013, 07:01 PM

He also confirmed that will use his White Ranger powers as well.

What about Zeo Red or Dino Black powers?

Kalyx triaD
05-26-2013, 07:57 PM
No dice. He did do the Zeo Red thing for the 10 year episode.

parkmania
05-26-2013, 08:30 PM
And he did green, white and red during Dino Thunder.

Kalyx triaD
05-26-2013, 08:39 PM
I liked that dream sequence. About as 'deep' as PR can get.

Kalyx triaD
05-28-2013, 08:39 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945279_10151481965386687_871345230_n.jpg

Love that he finally got his wish and got to wear the good quality Dragon Shield. Only took 20yrs.

Kalyx triaD
06-01-2013, 01:15 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Deb-aqyFpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gray
06-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Just heard about the return of some of the old Power Rangers, bit disappointing they couldn't get some of the original cast in.

Curiosly i seen some messages about David Yost which i was unaware of. Feel so sorry for the guy, disgusting what he had to put up with.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jvLwO8QZI7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lj44tt8T7HY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TmlcuY8bOUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
06-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Yeah it was messed up.

Kalyx triaD
07-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Met David Yost (Billy) and Waletr Jones (Zack) yesterday. David was a super nice guy who made sure to know me and my bro's names when he shook our hand. I told him Zack was my fave and Billy was my bro's fave so this was kinda a big deal for us having them sharing tables. My bro said Billy should have been the Gold Ranger, and I mentioned Billy's still on Aquatar anyway. Walter liked my black ranger shirt and guessed I was his fave. He hasn't seemed to age a day.

One of the surprises for us was Babara Goodson (Rita) being there, just sitting at a table nobody around her. Me and my bro went to her and my bro joked about her doing the intro phrase ("After 10,000 years...") to let everybody know she's here. She did it and people flipped out, now her table got a line.

JDF (Tommy) had a line I just didn't wanna contend with. I saw him from afar. Maybe next year.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Awesome. She only did voice-work on the show, so she wasn't going to be recognized for how she looks unless somebody met her at another convention. I loved Walter Jones on Power Rangers, Space Cases and that episode of Buffy he was in.

Pretty sad how David was treated. Never knew it was producers who bullied him for being gay. Did he say some of the cast was doing it to? Sort of explains why Red Ranger Jason was off the show early too?

Saw an article on IGN about the top 25 episodes of the original series. Been re-watching a few of them here and there.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/top-25-mighty-morphin-power-rangers-episodes

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Oddly enough, not as Turbo Red.

Might just be because Turbo wasn't as popular as In Space. Going with the most popular even though he wasn't the leader in it.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Could be they film in New Zealand and they are supposed to be playing Americans. Or it's just an strange interpretation because they are in a Japanese inspired show that they have to be wooden like anime-voice overs are.

Kalyx triaD
07-07-2013, 03:48 PM
I don't recall David mentioning cast members being in on it, though who's to say he just doesn't wanna put anybody on blast since they have their own fan followings. It's also worth noting he rarely shows up in big group reunion stuff at conventions. He seemed chill with Walter, though. And of course it wasn't something I wanted to bring up. I did tell Walter if I gotta write a true reunion TV movie special I'd do it for free.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 03:58 PM
I misheard what he said. When he was talking about the other cast I listened to it again and he said that they were questioned about what he was. What a bunch of jerks. Not only harassing David but also pressuring the other cast to "rat him out."

Kalyx triaD
07-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Karen Ashley (Aisha) says some of those producers are still there today.

Shadow
07-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Which is a problem because the ones that made the franchise popular are not. The one's who are the issue are and well...we see what we get.

Really disappointed in Megaforce

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Is it bad? Or did you expect too much from how good your memories are of the original series?

Kalyx triaD
07-07-2013, 05:06 PM
No it's bad. Samurai was also bad. And for scale, know that I'm not using nostalgia unfairly - I consider SPD and especially DinoThunder pretty good for modern PR. Ninja Storm was also great. So I'm not on some 'anything not Mighty Morphin sux' or 'the show was ass after I grew up'. I'm being fair here.

Since Saban got the show back the product has been very wooden and insultingly cheesy even for PR standards. It's not one of those 'we just don't get it, it's for kids' things. They can surely do better as Disney did a few years ago.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Wooden and Cheesy is part of the charm of the series. If they try to make it too seriously then it's not Power Rangers. That was one of the criques of the first movie when they had that security guy die (the one who touched the hand) and other references to death.

Although Saban sees the series only as a vehicle to sell toys. Disney might not have had that same toy selling drive or it wasn't selling toys anymore and Disney cancelled it. Or it probably cost to much to produce it the way you guys liked it and didn't meet the bottom line of toy sales.

I wouldn't expect Disney-level production on a series not produced by Disney though. I think you are setting your standards too high even though you deny it. Although I did the same thing with Enterprise. Right now I'd take a crappy show like that if it meant new Star Trek.

Kalyx triaD
07-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Nobody died in the first movie.

I'm not asking for PR to be more serious. In fact I just stated how I liked other seasons that were still cheesy and obviously kids shows. I'm saying the show's been especially wooden and cheesy since Saban got it back.

And Shadow makes a good allusion that many of the writers from better seasons left, and each season is out to sell merch - so that's not really an excuse for the quality. It's like how MANY people here find WWE's current PG/Cena-era quality lacking and they're not gonna accept 'Well Vince is trying to sell merch' as an excuse. You can be more mainstream without having plots with gaping plotholes and illogical events.

To me it's simply not an excuse. Young Justice and other cartoons go after the very same demographic as PR, and they can be fairly epic. I can watch an entire episode of SPD or DinoThunder and not feel like a complete jackass, but Samurai makes me legit cringe in the same way I would watching 5mins of one of those after school specials and local PSAs.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Did they ever mention who married Skull to create Spike? I will assume it was Kimberly until they say differently. I ask here because "Who was skull's wife" turned up some really disturbing things on a "Something" search.

KIRA
07-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Wooden and Cheesy is part of the charm of the series. If they try to make it too seriously then it's not Power Rangers. That was one of the criques of the first movie when they had that security guy die (the one who touched the hand) and other references to death.

Although Saban sees the series only as a vehicle to sell toys. Disney might not have had that same toy selling drive or it wasn't selling toys anymore and Disney cancelled it. Or it probably cost to much to produce it the way you guys liked it and didn't meet the bottom line of toy sales.

I wouldn't expect Disney-level production on a series not produced by Disney though. I think you are setting your standards too high even though you deny it. Although I did the same thing with Enterprise. Right now I'd take a crappy show like that if it meant new Star Trek.

Ugh I never thought I'd hear anybody say they "want" Enterprise in any context. I salute your bravery and pity your desperation.

Shadow
07-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Is it bad? Or did you expect too much from how good your memories are of the original series?

I already assumed that trying to adapt Goseiger into Power Rangers was gonna have some issues. I expected that. Goseiger is one of the weakest Sentais in the franchise. It's not bad but it's not good. But to try and tie Goseiger in with Gokaiger? Gokaiger the sentai about pirates using the previous super sentai's powers? The only reason they're taking on the season's bad guys is not to save the world or anything but because they're there? Come on. And then, have the balls to only contact 10 previous Rangers and not any of the really popular ones and then treat them like they're being done a favor and not paying them what they're worth?

As for Samurai, I liked it better when it was Shinkenger. If you're gonna carbon copy something, just dub over the original footage and call it a series.

KIRA
07-08-2013, 07:31 PM
You guys should REALLY watch these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JPrbUv0Ik&feature=share&list=PLDD85F2707781A33B

Kalyx triaD
07-08-2013, 07:38 PM
No idea who Skull married.

Disturbed316
07-09-2013, 04:55 AM
Interesting

Kalyx triaD
07-09-2013, 05:29 AM
i went through episodes of PR early today, randomly hopping through an episode from various teams.

SPD is probably the best post-Mighty Morphin cast in my eyes. The characters were perfectly cast and Z is the hottest female ranger (and I get a vibe that they actually played her as 'sexy' which is fairly unprecedented for the franchise). Torrie of Ninja Storm is a close second in the sexy category.

I was motivated by the recent convo and I stand by Disney simply doing it better than what Saban's putting out now. SPD, Jungle Fury, and DinoThunder were legit.

Shadow
07-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Of the Disney Power Rangers series, top three would be RPM, Dinothunder, and SPD. No doubt about any of that.

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-10-2013, 07:48 AM
I haven't seen RPM but you'll get no argument from me about DT and SPD.

Shadow
07-10-2013, 04:57 PM
RPM is just plain gold. It takes a very not serious sentai, Go-onger, and makes it into this post-apocalyptic series where a bad guy, won. Yeah. It starts up with the bad guys winning. It's awesome and I encourage you to watch it if you haven't. Blows Samurai and Megaforce out of the fucking water.

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-31-2013, 07:57 AM
With the release of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers through Lost Galaxy combined from Timelife, or both box sets separately from Amazon, we now have the release date for the next box set(which at this point doesn't have a cover) which is set for December 5th, will supposedly contain all the remaining season from Lightspeed Rescue through the first have of Mega Force.

Shout Factory's site however posted this which will be released at the same time.

The Power Rangers Legacy:

The First 20 Years

http://www.shoutfactory.com/images/PRHelmet.png

This limited-edition collectible Red Ranger helmet contains...

• Every episode from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to Power Rangers Megaforce
• 98 DVDs including 6 DVDs spotlighting hours of bonus content and brand-new featurettes
• Over 270 hours of action-packed entertainment

Dark-Slicer Diago
07-31-2013, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about that helmet being the case, it won't fit properly on a movie shelf.

Kalyx triaD
12-15-2013, 11:43 PM
The Megaforce finale was one of the worst things I ever seen. Kinda hilarious, at least.

Shadow
12-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Trying to flow Goseiger into Gokaiger is just asking for trouble.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Saw the first episode of Megaforce on netflix the other day. Marked out a little bit for the Zedd industrial fan and one of the characters being named Ernie out of respect for the dead actor from MMPR.

Wasn't really interested in continuing besides cute Pink and Yellow Rangers just like last season.

Kalyx triaD
12-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Yeah the chicks are certainly hotter but I miss the days when they actually kicked ass out of costume. The actors of the new Saban era lack charisma all around really. Very boring by-the-numbers Red Rangers.

I did lol at the first male gaze shot in Megaforce's first episode with the pink one. Or was it the yellow one, I dunno.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-16-2013, 07:13 PM
You guys should REALLY watch these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JPrbUv0Ik&feature=share&list=PLDD85F2707781A33B

Guy seems to either not know about Billy's torment of being gay and harrased or ignores and focuses his departure on greed (pay cut.)

Kalyx triaD
12-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Not a fan of these kinds of rumors when the original actors were more than transparent about the good and bad of working on PR. Making up or spreading misinformation isn't necessary at all. There's some real life juicy stuff; like Jason (Tommy) and Austin (Jason)'s real life on-set beef. And Saban being an asshole.

And greed? They were on the biggest show on Earth and got paid less than my fucking father.

Shadow
12-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Well when you then get to Megaforce, the biggest and quite possibly best anniversary of the series and you get....12 past rangers to show up. And that's the one's who you paid. The rest, who asked to do cameos, where told to pay their own way to New Zealand. This is not a cast-friendly production team.

Kalyx triaD
12-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Yeah while I will check out the big 20 episode, it's a bummer that a) they insulted the past rangers with a low ball deal and b) it really should have been a miniseries - a 'Crisis' level PR event where somebody from each team appeared (maybe even have some Sentai versions show up).

But that's me.

parkmania
12-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Has that episode aired yet?

Shadow
12-17-2013, 08:35 AM
What the Legend War? No. They're saving that for the final when it opened Gokaiger. I just don't get it. Super Sentai had no issue getting past actors to repraise their roles. They even got Akaranger to do a uncostumed cameo in both the big team up movie between Gokaiger and Goseiger and at the very end of the show. BTW, watch 199 Heros: Gokaiger vs. Goseiger. That's how you do a 35 year special season.

Kalyx triaD
12-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Well the Sentai has been exclusively produced for ages. Power Rangers has been passed around two major times. Saban may not ever acknowledge the Disney era actors (even if their hero forms are in the Legend War). Just stupid stupid executive bullshit.

Shadow
12-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Jungle Fury Red Ranger is getting to write and direct an episode of Super Megaforce. One of the two I think. Now that's because he's fucking Megaforce Yellow but still....Disney era Power Ranger.

Kalyx triaD
12-17-2013, 02:41 PM
No dice, they can do better.

Shadow
12-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Here's the Super Megaforce episode listings for the first 14 out of 20 episodes. I can literally tell you where each episode of Gokaiger they pulled the footage from.

1. Super Megaforce
Gosei presents the Rangers with new Morphers that unlock a Super Mega Mode, which will allow them to access the powers of every previous team of Power Rangers.

2. Earth Fights Back
While the rest of the team works with the civilians to rebuild their city, Troy stumbles upon a plot by the Armada to launch missiles at major cities throughout the world.

3. Blue Saber Saga
After being humiliated in battle by a master swordsman monster, Noah suffers a crisis of confidence and questions his worthiness as a Ranger.

4. A Lion’s Alliance
Determined to strengthen their defense against the Armada, the Rangers head to a mystical airborne island named Animaria in search of the wild yet powerful Red Lion Zord.

5. Samurai Surprise
When a powerful monster named Matacore is sent by the emperor to take on the Rangers, they face a challenge like never before. Luckily, help comes in the form of a mysterious Samurai visitor.

6. Spirit of the Tiger
When the Rangers face a monster with a magnetic power to wrench their weapons away from them, Jake and Emma turn to quiet local Zoo Keeper named Casey to learn a special form of martial arts that helps them channel their personal animal spirits.

7. Silver Lining, Part 1
The Rangers are shocked and mystified when they discover the presence of a new Silver Ranger. Is this strange new visitor an ally or a foe?

8. Silver Lining, Part 2
Orion, the mysterious Silver Ranger, explains his past to Gosei and the Rangers and how he obtained the Silver Ranger Key.

9. Power of Six
When his Ranger teammates are sidelined by an energy-sucking monster, Jake must put aside his jealousy of Orion and help him use the combined power of the past Sixth Rangers to defeat this terrible foe.

10. The Perfect Storm
The Rangers are sidetracked from their fight against an invading monster when Tensou is struck by lightning, develops amnesia and wanders away from the Command Center.

11. Love Is In the Air
When a love potion accidentally makes the evil Levira fall in love with Jake, a jealous alien targets him for destruction.

12. The Grass is Always Greener or Bluer
Jake and Noah find themselves literally standing in each other’s shoes when a body-swapping monster named Tranceferer switches the two Rangers so that they are inhabiting each other’s body.

13. In the Driver’s Seat
Lured away from Earth to investigate an emergency signal from Corinth, the Rangers discover they’ve been trapped in the alternate dimension by Professor Cog, who attacks Earth in their absence. Their only hope to get back home lies with the wild Turbo Falcon Zord, who they must tame in order to return to their dimension and save Earth.

14. All Hail Prince Vekar
The Rangers finally battle the evil Prince Vekar face to face when he comes to Earth armed with his very own Megazord.

If we don't have someone awesome as their version of Basco I'm gonna be pissed.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-18-2013, 04:07 PM
What is with all the quarries in Disney era?

Shadow
12-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Sentai shoots a fuck ton of battles in the damn quarry.

Also a stadium.

Kalyx triaD
12-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Cheap, wide open area for wire-fu and explosions and such.

parkmania
12-18-2013, 08:53 PM
The same reason that the bad guys always attack the abandoned warehouse districts - EVIL IS DUMB!

Kalyx triaD
12-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Well this certainly happened.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CPYB69G30OQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shadow
12-19-2013, 02:36 PM

I got nothing.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Sort of wish the real cast members could do more fun stuff like that. Obviously its just 5 stuntmen.

Kalyx triaD
12-19-2013, 04:53 PM
I'd be surprised if the cast could do a cartwheel.

There was a fun news piece for Samurai where the cast did appear in costume and did some action stuff. This sticks out to me because the news anchor was in the MMPR Pink costume and looked good in it.

Kalyx triaD
02-01-2014, 01:40 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZlzHrhDnXew?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2014, 05:39 AM
Super Mega Force OP:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dpL0siCqK6c?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That mix is pretty bad.

Kalyx triaD
02-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Super Megaforce (ugh) is just starting, but the next PR is already being shown to investors and third parties.

http://news.tokunation.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/02/Power-Rangers-Dino-Charge-Marketing-Poster-01.jpg

This confirms that they're skipping the Sentai between the Super Mega and Dino Charge (which did look really stupid anyway so kudos).

This would be the third PR team to have a dinosaur theme, following the original Mighty Morphin and DinoThunder. In Japan, the Dino Charge crew actually teamed with their past Dino themed teams in a big special. Would be interesting to see if we do the same.

Hopefully this won't be as wooden as Samurai and Mega. Jesus.

Dark-Slicer Diago
02-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Have yet to finish either of those seasons, maybe I'll do it when I get my Shout Factory Red Ranger Helmet.

Shadow
02-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Problem with skipping Go-Busters to do Kyoryuger is that well...Kyoryuger is redonkulously Japanese. I mean I enjoyed it but the ending man...the ending.

Would be the record that SPD is currently holding for most rangers though.

Kalyx triaD
02-11-2014, 09:40 PM
They don't really need to emulate the ending, though they seemed to have curbed creative work by adapting the source material more often now.

Go-Busters just looked off to me, more like Kamen Riders or other Toku heroes than actual Power Rangers. On the plus side, and one of the great advantages of this sort of thing, nothing's really stopping them from using Go-Buster monsters, weapons, and zords. They could remix those elements to bolster Dino Charge with a second season or whatever.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-11-2014, 10:00 PM
I really liked the music episode with the Heath Slater Monster but couldn't really get into the series. The Zordon-like guy (and the Robot) sounds too much like guy from Wings and SpiderMan3 (Sandman.)

I liked the Red Ranger story with the guy looking for a final opponent from the previous series. Predictable ending but still good for a kids series.

Kalyx triaD
02-23-2014, 06:16 PM
SuperMega will debut the suits the originals should have used in MMPR Season 2, what I dub the 'Thunder Ranger' suits since they would have accompanied the Thunder Zords.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/21iPZqVn_oY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Horrible, nonsensically placed dialogue juxtaposed with totally swag action (DRUNKEN RANGER STYLE), makes me sad. :(

Shadow
02-23-2014, 08:17 PM
Yeah Dairanger is pretty sweet. Shame we never got to see any of the footage in the states.

Though I think they subbed all of Dairanger so if you want to see sweet Drunken Fist style fighting on their foot soldiers...you can.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Here's a picture of me with my Shout Factory Power Ranger series helmet, it's number 243 of 2000
http://i.imgur.com/ZztSYEF.jpg

Kalyx triaD
03-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Bigger than I thought, but it is a lot of DVDs.