PDA

View Full Version : Why does WWE bother...

DAMN iNATOR
07-03-2009, 01:19 PM
...to call the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions and Championship by that name? Why not call it/them the WWE Undisputed Tag Team Championship/Champions? Is it so we'll know that both guys in a given tag team are unified in their effort to keep the belts for as long as possible?

I am seriously at a loss here, folks. Let's DISCUSS.

OKGO

Afterlife
07-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Probably to make it easier to separate them down the road.

Lock Jaw
07-03-2009, 01:58 PM
"I challenge you... for only two of your four belts!! Ha ha!"

Mr. C
07-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Why not call it the WWE Tag Team Championship and use the World Tag Team belts?

DAMN iNATOR
07-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Why not call it the WWE Tag Team Championship and use the World Tag Team belts?

I think personally, that it would serve WWE best in the long run to drop "Unified" from the name of the title, in favor of "Undisputed" and create ONE new tag belt to signify that the current belts are "unified".

Kane Knight
07-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Semantics...SERIOUS BIZNESS.

Batista03
07-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Probably to make it easier to separate them down the road.

i agree that they made it that way so they can do that later once they see that it is not working. The only thing good that has come out of it is that good superstars can be seen on any show then there home show.

DAMN iNATOR
07-03-2009, 09:58 PM
i agree that they made it that way so they can do that later once they see that it is not working. The only thing good that has come out of it is that good superstars can be seen on any show then there home show.

Of course what do I know? TNA gets away with featuring James Storm and Robert Roode, who took the TNA Tag titles from The Dudley Boyz (I refuse to call them something as ridiculous as Team 3-D:roll:...c'mon guys - SERIOUSLY? REALLY? THAT'S THE BEST YOU COULD DO?), and 3-D still carry around, and get announced as the New Japan Tag Team Champions:wtf: (yeah, they are, and TNA and NJPW have some sort of working relationship, but still...it's a little ridiculous, says this observer.)

Mr. Nerfect
07-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Kane Knight is right -- merely semantics. Personally, I hate it when they use "unified" or "undisputed" in a title's name. It just seems redundant once the unification has been done. I'd rather they called the current Tag Team Champions the "WWE World Tag Team Champions."

Afterlife
07-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Nah. I'm thinking, down the road, there'll be a Tornado Tag Fatal Fourway, with two teams getting pinfalls at the same time.

Fox
07-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Nah. I'm thinking, down the road, there'll be a Tornado Tag Fatal Fourway, with two teams getting pinfalls at the same time.

I was thinking triple threat match with the first fall being for the World Tag Titles and the second being for the WWE Tag Titles, a la IC/Euro Titles match at WM2000.