View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 01:59 AM   #98
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
No no no. Nothing to do with the regime or supporting it.

My point is regardless of the situation, the media will spin it and make it about hating Trump.

If WWE could not be tied to Trump, it would not be such an issue. If they were against Trump, the same media would spin WWE in a positive light for going against Trump.

That is all I am saying. Nothing political or a moral stand, just that WWEs portrayal in this story is skewed by the media's hatred for Trump.

WWE going would be a bad move in my opinion either way, but the level of anger and disgust toward them by the high horse media would be far less if WWE was not seen as "Trump Friendly".
But they haven't really done so. Most of the discussion involving Trump and WWE revolves around if Trump talked to Vince, maybe WWE would be more likely to cancel or move the event.

Since Trump seems to be of the mindset that it is unfair people are blaming the Saudis, chances of WWE doing anything themselves are slim to none.

WWE would still be catching a ton of heat even if they never had any involvement with or were hated by Trump. In a way, WWE brought this to themselves with their constant and unashamed PR blabber about being a driver of progress for women's wrestling.

Pretty much night & day of how WWE was treated for an event in the UAE I believe when it came to women's wrestling. The government didn't ban it because of ultra conservative religious reasons and WWE's women wrestlers wore full body gear as an acceptable compromise.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote