View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #1696
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm about to post a video which displays the worst kind of wrestling there is. And I will say that if AEW pushes this style, it will fail. There is an element of Lucha that has leaked it's way into our style here in the US, and even Japan. Now, I love Lucha Libre, I prefer it self contained because it is a totally different style and product than I grew up on with WWF, WCW, and ECW. Even the Lucha Libre in WCW was altered to fit into the psychology of a traditional American match.

If AEW keeps their women working like this, I can't support it. There are some good female workers out there, but not as many as a lot of the internet thinks. Tessa, Charlotte, Becky, Auska, Kairi Sane, Alexa... they can work work. They can come off as two people looking for a win. Most of the women's wrestling I see is slow motion choreography, a whole lot of effort for very little effect.

The way that people use Lucha to transition through a match is generally atrocious, as seen here.

Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote