Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterlife
I'm not talking about who wins titles. I'm saying the men -- at least in the WWE -- have an incredibly wider range in which to perform. That means they have more opportunity and more variety in their ability to win the crowd. THat also means they'll have a more storied history and a more developed character/persona with which to relate vto the crowds.
I understand the concept of favoritism, I just don't think female wreatlers have the same opportunities that males do in obtaining that popularity. In that aspect, I think it's unfair to compare them.
However, I've been wrong on a plethera of topics and occassions, so I don't expect to be surprised if everyone concurs against me.
|
Matches are matches and the ring is a ring. Time and freedom given and compettitors is what matters, and match type. The title at stake means very little. Rock and HHH matches aren't in some different artform depending on what title they are for.
If Vince gives HHH and Jericho 20 minutes in the main event for the world title it's not going to be a different match than if they're given 20 minutes in the main event for the IC title. Only in storyline.
If Big Show faced Rey for the cruiserweight title it wouldn't be some different area of performance than if it were for the US title