TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
FourFifty
As over as Crystal Pepsi
 
FourFifty's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,639
FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)FourFifty got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title.

Allow me to explain- Growing up I was a fan of the WWF. Not WCW, not AWA, not WCCW, and not even the sport of professional wrestling. I was a WWF fan. Growing up as a Hulkamaniac I should have followed Hogan to WCW. No, I was too busy following what was going on with the WWF. I didn't have time for Hogan in another company. During the Monday Night Wars I watched very little WCW. I caught ECW when I could, but I didn't make it a point to see it. I've seen more Shotgun Saturday Night than WCW or ECW. I was a WWF fan, and now a WWE fan.

Now let's go forward to Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title from John Cena at One Night Stand. I almost cried. They were still trying to say ECW was its own company. So from a kayfabe standpoint this outsider won the title that I grew up with. The title that Buddy Rogers, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, HBK, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and others won. They all fought for and defended the title that belonged to the company that Jess McMahon laid the foundation for.
Was it John Cena losing a title? Yea, but this was some reject from a bingo hall who couldn't hang in the major leagues winning the WWE/WWF/WWWF/CWC title. I was crushed.

So while all of you were cheering that John Cena lost the WWE title, I was almost in tears that someone from a bingo hall won the WWE title.
FourFifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
CSL
Over Like Rover
 
CSL's Avatar
 
Posts: 38,444
CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFifty View Post
Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title.

Allow me to explain- Growing up I was a fan of the WWF. Not WCW, not AWA, not WCCW, and not even the sport of professional wrestling. I was a WWF fan. Growing up as a Hulkamaniac I should have followed Hogan to WCW. No, I was too busy following what was going on with the WWF. I didn't have time for Hogan in another company. During the Monday Night Wars I watched very little WCW. I caught ECW when I could, but I didn't make it a point to see it. I've seen more Shotgun Saturday Night than WCW or ECW. I was a WWF fan, and now a WWE fan.

Now let's go forward to Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title from John Cena at One Night Stand. I almost cried. They were still trying to say ECW was its own company. So from a kayfabe standpoint this outsider won the title that I grew up with. The title that Buddy Rogers, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, HBK, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and others won. They all fought for and defended the title that belonged to the company that Jess McMahon laid the foundation for.
Was it John Cena losing a title? Yea, but this was some reject from a bingo hall who couldn't hang in the major leagues winning the WWE/WWF/WWWF/CWC title. I was crushed.

So while all of you were cheering that John Cena lost the WWE title, I was almost in tears that someone from a bingo hall won the WWE title.
kid art thou serious
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
Lara Emily
Hey
 
Lara Emily's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,664
Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFifty View Post
Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title.

Allow me to explain- Growing up I was a fan of the WWF. Not WCW, not AWA, not WCCW, and not even the sport of professional wrestling. I was a WWF fan. Growing up as a Hulkamaniac I should have followed Hogan to WCW. No, I was too busy following what was going on with the WWF. I didn't have time for Hogan in another company. During the Monday Night Wars I watched very little WCW. I caught ECW when I could, but I didn't make it a point to see it. I've seen more Shotgun Saturday Night than WCW or ECW. I was a WWF fan, and now a WWE fan.

Now let's go forward to Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title from John Cena at One Night Stand. I almost cried. They were still trying to say ECW was its own company. So from a kayfabe standpoint this outsider won the title that I grew up with. The title that Buddy Rogers, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, HBK, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and others won. They all fought for and defended the title that belonged to the company that Jess McMahon laid the foundation for.
Was it John Cena losing a title? Yea, but this was some reject from a bingo hall who couldn't hang in the major leagues winning the WWE/WWF/WWWF/CWC title. I was crushed.

So while all of you were cheering that John Cena lost the WWE title, I was almost in tears that someone from a bingo hall won the WWE title.
really?
Lara Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
KIRA
Celestia's Left Hand
 
KIRA's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,359
KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFifty View Post
Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title.

Allow me to explain- Growing up I was a fan of the WWF. Not WCW, not AWA, not WCCW, and not even the sport of professional wrestling. I was a WWF fan. Growing up as a Hulkamaniac I should have followed Hogan to WCW. No, I was too busy following what was going on with the WWF. I didn't have time for Hogan in another company. During the Monday Night Wars I watched very little WCW. I caught ECW when I could, but I didn't make it a point to see it. I've seen more Shotgun Saturday Night than WCW or ECW. I was a WWF fan, and now a WWE fan.

Now let's go forward to Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title from John Cena at One Night Stand. I almost cried. They were still trying to say ECW was its own company. So from a kayfabe standpoint this outsider won the title that I grew up with. The title that Buddy Rogers, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, HBK, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and others won. They all fought for and defended the title that belonged to the company that Jess McMahon laid the foundation for.
Was it John Cena losing a title? Yea, but this was some reject from a bingo hall who couldn't hang in the major leagues winning the WWE/WWF/WWWF/CWC title. I was crushed.

So while all of you were cheering that John Cena lost the WWE title, I was almost in tears that someone from a bingo hall won the WWE title.


OMG! you prancing mark fag..oh nevermind you've already covered it.
KIRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #5
Juan
Doin' It Right
 
Juan's Avatar
 
Posts: 35,461
Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
How bout you say what happenned instead of giving a date?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz Dan View Post
It's the day Daniel Benoit refused to tap Sixx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
Oh. Pretty sure he tapped, but there was no referee present to call for the bell.
That's why
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:19 AM   #6
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS
 
Sixx's Avatar
 
Posts: 42,497
Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
That's why
I don't get it.
Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
Tazz Dan
Y2KoTF
 
Tazz Dan's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,241
Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
June 24, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
How bout you say what happenned instead of giving a date?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz Dan View Post
It's the day Daniel Benoit refused to tap Sixx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
Oh. Pretty sure he tapped, but there was no referee present to call for the bell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
That's why

To be fair, if you had of just said it instead of posting a date, we wouldn't of had the chance to have our lolz with it.
Tazz Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #8
dingdongyo
I have standards.
 
dingdongyo's Avatar
 
Posts: 445
dingdongyo has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)dingdongyo has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
dingdongyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
YoungFlyFlashy
My Space Jam Bitch!
 
YoungFlyFlashy's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,507
YoungFlyFlashy is "reptacular" (2,500+)YoungFlyFlashy is "reptacular" (2,500+)YoungFlyFlashy is "reptacular" (2,500+)
YoungFlyFlashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #10
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole
 
Vastardikai's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,876
Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungFlyFlashy View Post
far from a Michaels fan, but this.
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #11
SuperSlim
*Oh Sh*t*
 
SuperSlim's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,302
SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFifty View Post
Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title.

Allow me to explain- Growing up I was a fan of the WWF. Not WCW, not AWA, not WCCW, and not even the sport of professional wrestling. I was a WWF fan. Growing up as a Hulkamaniac I should have followed Hogan to WCW. No, I was too busy following what was going on with the WWF. I didn't have time for Hogan in another company. During the Monday Night Wars I watched very little WCW. I caught ECW when I could, but I didn't make it a point to see it. I've seen more Shotgun Saturday Night than WCW or ECW. I was a WWF fan, and now a WWE fan.

Now let's go forward to Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title from John Cena at One Night Stand. I almost cried. They were still trying to say ECW was its own company. So from a kayfabe standpoint this outsider won the title that I grew up with. The title that Buddy Rogers, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, HBK, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and others won. They all fought for and defended the title that belonged to the company that Jess McMahon laid the foundation for.
Was it John Cena losing a title? Yea, but this was some reject from a bingo hall who couldn't hang in the major leagues winning the WWE/WWF/WWWF/CWC title. I was crushed.

So while all of you were cheering that John Cena lost the WWE title, I was almost in tears that someone from a bingo hall won the WWE title.
Bingo hall wrestler? a reject from a bingo hall?
SuperSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #12
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate
 
Swiss Ultimate's Avatar
 
Posts: 42,694
Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFifty View Post
Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title.

Allow me to explain- Growing up I was a fan of the WWF. Not WCW, not AWA, not WCCW, and not even the sport of professional wrestling. I was a WWF fan. Growing up as a Hulkamaniac I should have followed Hogan to WCW. No, I was too busy following what was going on with the WWF. I didn't have time for Hogan in another company. During the Monday Night Wars I watched very little WCW. I caught ECW when I could, but I didn't make it a point to see it. I've seen more Shotgun Saturday Night than WCW or ECW. I was a WWF fan, and now a WWE fan.

Now let's go forward to Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title from John Cena at One Night Stand. I almost cried. They were still trying to say ECW was its own company. So from a kayfabe standpoint this outsider won the title that I grew up with. The title that Buddy Rogers, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, HBK, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and others won. They all fought for and defended the title that belonged to the company that Jess McMahon laid the foundation for.
Was it John Cena losing a title? Yea, but this was some reject from a bingo hall who couldn't hang in the major leagues winning the WWE/WWF/WWWF/CWC title. I was crushed.

So while all of you were cheering that John Cena lost the WWE title, I was almost in tears that someone from a bingo hall won the WWE title.
This post pains me something awful.
Swiss Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
Providence Peep
 
Providence Peep's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,371
Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Definitely *one* of the saddest:



Providence Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #14
Providence Peep
 
Providence Peep's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,371
Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Providence Peep has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Oh, and another very sad moment was Al Wilson’s death by conjugal exhaustion.

Providence Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #15
Blitz
Angel Headed Hipster
 
Blitz's Avatar
 
Posts: 37,942
Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFifty View Post
Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title.

Allow me to explain- Growing up I was a fan of the WWF. Not WCW, not AWA, not WCCW, and not even the sport of professional wrestling. I was a WWF fan. Growing up as a Hulkamaniac I should have followed Hogan to WCW. No, I was too busy following what was going on with the WWF. I didn't have time for Hogan in another company. During the Monday Night Wars I watched very little WCW. I caught ECW when I could, but I didn't make it a point to see it. I've seen more Shotgun Saturday Night than WCW or ECW. I was a WWF fan, and now a WWE fan.

Now let's go forward to Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title from John Cena at One Night Stand. I almost cried. They were still trying to say ECW was its own company. So from a kayfabe standpoint this outsider won the title that I grew up with. The title that Buddy Rogers, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, HBK, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and others won. They all fought for and defended the title that belonged to the company that Jess McMahon laid the foundation for.
Was it John Cena losing a title? Yea, but this was some reject from a bingo hall who couldn't hang in the major leagues winning the WWE/WWF/WWWF/CWC title. I was crushed.

So while all of you were cheering that John Cena lost the WWE title, I was almost in tears that someone from a bingo hall won the WWE title.
This post is my saddest WWE moment.
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #16
jasean21
Member
 
Posts: 100
jasean21 has done some stupid things
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFifty View Post
Rob Van Dam winning the WWE title.

So while all of you were cheering that John Cena lost the WWE title, I was almost in tears that someone from a bingo hall won the WWE title.
Well seeing as you didnt follow ALL wrestling, alot of the WWF "superstars" you grew up watching held THE NWA Heavyweight Championship..... AND guess wat.... in 1994 after Shane Douglas beat 2 Cold Scorpio... IT became the ECW World Title.... Let me give you the list of credible champions that have held the belt regardless of the name of the title\

Lou Thesz
Dick Hutton
Buddy Rogers
Pat O'Connor
Gene Kiniski
Harley Race
Dory Funk
Dusty Rhodes
Tommy Rich
Ric Flair (1981) Stop and look at the history of the NWA title before it split into regional factions
Jimmy Snuka (in the 90's)

So to call guys like Taz(one of the best wrestlers ever under 6 feet), RVD, even The Dudley's (They WORKED HARD TO GET WHERE THEY ARE) Dudes from the bingo hall is really insulting!!
jasean21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #17
Gertner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasean21 View Post
Well seeing as you didnt follow ALL wrestling, alot of the WWF "superstars" you grew up watching held THE NWA Heavyweight Championship..... AND guess wat.... in 1994 after Shane Douglas beat 2 Cold Scorpio... IT became the ECW World Title.... Let me give you the list of credible champions that have held the belt regardless of the name of the title\

Lou Thesz
Dick Hutton
Buddy Rogers
Pat O'Connor
Gene Kiniski
Harley Race
Dory Funk
Dusty Rhodes
Tommy Rich
Ric Flair (1981) Stop and look at the history of the NWA title before it split into regional factions
Jimmy Snuka (in the 90's)

So to call guys like Taz(one of the best wrestlers ever under 6 feet), RVD, even The Dudley's (They WORKED HARD TO GET WHERE THEY ARE) Dudes from the bingo hall is really insulting!!
What have they done lately?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®